Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  2 April 2014 by A Moor    (UK)

We flew from Heathrow to Dubai on an Airbus 380 early in December 2013 on this trip they ran out of food choices and I was told that I could not get the chicken that I had asked for. The flight crew were harassed and totally disorganized. When we few back in March 2014 exactly the same thing happened - sorry we have run out of the choice you asked for on the menu. Also my headphones were not working after having had the light on for about two hours I eventually got up and went to the crew to ask for another one. Emirates prides itself on good service and this was not the case on the Airbus. We flew from Dubai to Johannesburg and back on a 777 and I cannot fault the service on these planes.

Emirates Customer review :  2 April 2014 by M Barlow    (Australia)

Flew BNE-DXR-LHR and return on A380 all legs. I had great crew on every single leg who were friendly and attended to our wants at all times. In between meal services we were constantly supplied with water/juice. All legs bar one departed on or close to time (dep LHR one hour late but arrived pretty much on time to DXB). My only complaint would be the lack of leg room in economy class and the bottom part of the seat was a bit too soft. Seat width was fine and meals were just above the average for economy class Would recommend Emirates economy for a competitive price and decent service as long as you remember if you want top shelf seats and service to fly business or first! Wifi service is non existent/very hard to connect to in DXB which isn't an emirates thing but does reflect on them as it's their home airport.

Emirates Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Tawerski Krzysztof    (Poland)

Good flights WAW-DXB-NRT. WAW-NRT not so full with amazing staff, DXB-BRT full but ok (good ICE, great food). Inflight Entertainment on WAW-DXB is not so good as this is old A330 plane. But this sector is not so long. FAs were attentive to "call" button, and soft drinks were served repetitively between main meals (and it was not problem to get a beer if you ask and wait a minute).

Emirates Customer review :  1 April 2014 by L Parigi    (France)

Travelled business class from Sydney to Lyon - a long flight. All was very good, A380, very comfortable seats and plenty of room. No delays. Food was OK, have had better on another airline. Main issue is that I had to wait about 20 minutes for a toilet as the staff were changing in there!! Not good enough when you are paying extra for business class! Otherwise the flight was excellent.

Emirates Customer review :  1 April 2014 by S Dixon    (UK)

MAN-AKL (via DXB and SYD) and return. A388 used on all sectors. Fantastic planes - very quiet in comparison to 747s and 777s. The ICE in-flight entertainment system was second to none, so much choice and easy to use. The staff were uniformly friendly and would go out of their way to help. For some reason our pre-booked seats were changed at the gate. When we boarded we complained to a member of cabin staff and they made sure we were seated in the seats we had booked on-line. I slept really well on my flights and the seat pitch was good (I am 6 ft). Will definitely fly long haul with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  31 March 2014 by A Archer    (Cyprus)

Flew on EK 108 from Larnaca to Dubai on their brand new 777-300er. Overall clean plane, crew very attentive and appeared as soon as call buttons were pressed. Inflight entertainment worked without a glitch and the food was delicious. Keep it up Emirates!

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Lyon Roger    (UK)

SYD-DXB on A380. More room than on the 777 but very disappointed with this leg. Cabin was freezing even with two blankets. Sat in seat 51D which was last row in front of galley. VERY noisy and every 20 seconds or so there was a loud gushing noise like an Arctic wind which sent the temperature even lower. Sound on my IFE was very unreliable and despite a promise to reboot it, it never happened. Food was tepid and bland. Overall, not very good.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Osrin Neil    (Thailand)

BKK - Hong Kong on A380 in business class. The BKK EK lounge is being refurbished and I was asked to use Qantas lounge. The Emirates rep in that lounge was superbly helpful and pleasant. Onboard my seat area was clean and everything worked. I did not find the seat too comfortable and used the mattress. After take off the on-board bar opened. The bar person could not speak English well, was disorganized and had no idea how to mix drinks. There was a nice selection of tasty sandwiches, wraps etc. I asked for the warm food printed on the bar menu and was told 'we will put it out if we have time'. After challenging this, they reluctantly heated some for me. I was then told to go back to my seat as lunch will be served. I sat with a table cloth in front of me for a further 20 mins and then a tray of food arrived. The steak in balsamic vinegar and creamy potato was good and tasty. There was a crew member walking up and down serving wines which was positive too. The toilets were not well stocked with tooth brushes etc but were clean. I found the crew awful - with fake smiles, patronizing and they ran around like disorganized headless chickens tripping over each other and created a very anxious atmosphere in the cabin. They treated the passengers with contempt and I felt that I was an inconvenience to them.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Mark Hall    (UK)

We travelled on the A380 from LHR to Dubai. Upon entering the plane first impressions was wonderful, the inflight entertainment was great. Though that is the only good thing about this airline, the cabin crew is the worst. The crew are awful, they don't care about service at all, we waited over 3 hours after we pressed the call button for a stewardess to come. The food is awful, nothing but a horrible chicken curry on the menu on both legs of the journey. The final meal served will probably be a biscuit and a cup of tea. I had high hopes for this airline but they are really awful, Dubai is a wonderful place to visit but don't fly with this airline.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Lyon Roger    (UK)

DXB-MCR. Having landed from Sydney, I upgraded to Business using Skywards miles. Well worth it. Lounges at DXB are massive and though functional, have lost the intimate atmosphere that once existed. Food in lounge was fairly predictable too. Flight delayed in DXB 1 hour due to passengers being off loaded, but was onboard so managed to relax and watch a movie. Flight was good and service fine. Food much improved for Economy though the snacks in the lounge at rear of plane were a little stale. Chauffeur Drive from MCR worked well. Not cheap but if you have miles to spend, an upgrade is well worth it.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Lyon Roger    (UK)

MCR-DXB-SYD. Flight's ok though service a little lacking in parts. On time and meals fair. Overall, not bad, but not outstanding.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by P Gatenby    (Taiwan)

TPE-DBX-NCL, Business Class. Second time to fly business class on Emirates after many years flying mostly economy. Service was outstanding, from chauffeur pick-up through check-in and most importantly onboard, everything went smoothly and everyone was extremely professional and helpful. Drinks and food were plentiful and well presented, and when I was unable to get one preferred meal option the cabin crew were very apologetic even expressing their apologies again as I disembarked. It was hardly their fault but I appreciated that they felt it could be important to a passenger. Seats were amazing, and i recommend the mattress to add that little extra comfort throughout the flight. ICE was great but on first leg the B777 felt slightly older and the control panel less responsive than on the DBX-NCL leg. Cabin crew couldn't have been more helpful and polite. I've flown economy 15+ times with Emirates and have never had any complaints about their quality or service but it was worth paying the extra to be in business class for two long flights and be pampered. DBX business lounge in Terminal 3 is a little too basic, but I won't complain about the snacks or drinks available. Logged on to complimentary wifi easily. I'm looking forward to my return trip.

Emirates Customer review :  27 March 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DXB-CMB,EK 650, First Class Suites, B777-300ER. The First Class Lounge in Terminal 3 (B Gates) was good, and the menu service meals were excellent. Boarding was not well organized. Inflight service was excellent but not outstanding, given that First Class was not full. Each suite is very comfortable and well laid-out, though the decor is amazingly garish. No privacy when the sliding doors are open, unlike some First Class suite designs of their competitors. No amenity kit as it was a four-hour night flight. Was promised socks, toothpaste/brush and eye shades, but never received any. Toothpaste/brush, shaving cream/razor and combs were available in the well- maintained toilets for self service. Meals were very poor for First Class though well presented. I ordered the Sri Lankan meal (Chicken Koththu Roti), but it was hotter than anything I've been served in Colombo, and was truly tasteless. I sent it back and ordered an omelette, that was the exact opposite (too bland), and had a machine made look about it. One expects much better in First Class, especially as I recall the amazingly delicious food Emirates served in First Class ten years ago on a LHR-DXB flight, served from a trolley rather than on trays like now, and a more recent meal in First Class served by EK last year, on a CMB-DXB flight. I know everyone is looking at cost-cutting measures, but this is supposedly First Class. The flight departed DXB and arrived in CMB on time. Baggage delivery in CMB was prompt, and baggage transfer from BA at DXB was very well handled by EK. For a four hour flight, EK Business Class which I typically use on this route seems a better value.

Emirates Customer review :  24 March 2014 by D Andrew    (UK)

EK371, Bangkok to Dubai on 23rd Mar. Flew Emirates on the late night flight at 1.55am. Crew were fantastic and meals and drinks were plentiful and served with a smile. Aircraft not too new but clean and ICE was very enjoyable.

Emirates Customer review :  24 March 2014 by D Andrew    (UK)

EK 027, DXB to GLA on 23rd Mar. Aircrew were outstanding and very professional. Meals were tasty and enjoyable. Aircraft was new with excellent ICE range of all the latest movies. Aircrew were very friendly and worked well serving refreshments during the whole flight with a good caring smiling attitude and did a fantastic job.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax