Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Dick Ziegler    (USA)

My wife and I recently flew JFK-DXB-BKK and I returned BKK-DXB-JFK. My wife will return next week. Going out, we had a pretty good trip to Dubai although the plane left late. Waited in transit in Dubai but were delayed again. Onboard, told the problem had been fixed and we would depart shortly. When we got to BKK, we waited for our luggage (3 pieces) only to be told it was still in Dubai. We found out 300 passengers from JFK had the same problem. On my way back, check-in at BKK was a nightmare due to the fact that over 500 people were checking in. The Airbus A380-800s are just too big to handle the necessary ground operations to support them. Flight was OK to DXB, nothing special. In transit at DXB I checked on which gate I was to board at and went to wait. After an interminable wait and seeing nothing, I checked the board only to find out that they had changed departure gates but posted no signs or made no announcements about this. I made a mad dash to the new gate and just made it before they closed it. I was in a three-seat row with a window seat and one other passenger in the aisle seat. Behind me was a family with 2 little kids. From the minute I sat down until the time I got off the plane, the kids yelled and cried. There was no problem resolution from the stewardess although there were a number of options that she could have implemented. Ground operations are terrible and their flight crew appear to know nothing about problem resolution.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Ali Al Hashimi    (UAE)

From DXB to MLE on a Boeing 777 was even better than the A380 business class. Seats, comfort and luxury was all on that Boeing 777 and none of that was on an A380 seat. I'm going back to Male on the 12th March 2014 and I'm going on the Boeing 777.

Emirates Customer review :  14 March 2014 by Khan Akbar    (USA)

In February and March 2014 we travelled from Dulles, Washington DC to Dubai to New Delhi and then back. Most of the journey was on 777-ER, all the departures and arrivals were on time, food and drinks were tasty and entertainment was awesome. Coming from Dubai to Washington DC, it was night time flight, there were not enough water or drink rounds. Every year we have travelled Emirates to visit India since 2005 and will try to do it again next year.

Emirates Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Antonsson Markus    (Iceland)

Last October my wife and I flew from London to Hong Kong return with stop-overs in Dubai. We were in economy class on their Airbus 380 and Boeing 777s. This was a great experience in every respect. The aircraft cabins were in excellent shape, comfortable seats with good leg space, and the entertainment system worked flawlessly with a grand selection of films and music. Meal service was exceptionally fine. Receiving hot meals included in the air fare on economy class is a scarce treat nowadays. Moreover, we were offered free drinks and extra snacks on our 7 hrs. flights on each leg. The cabin crew was highly competent and friendly. We are looking forward to finding an opportunity to fly Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  12 March 2014 by A Tsui    (Australia)

19 Feb 2014, EK405, MEL-SIN. 23 Feb 2014, EK404, SIN-MEL. Fly frequently but this was the first experience with Emirates. The plane itself was great with good food and entertainment, especially with the big screen. Ground crew service at Singapore Airport was a nightmare. System problem with seat allocation which our pre-booked seats were being occupied. Staff were being rude to customers at check in counters. Customers do not come back with this kind of service level.

Emirates Customer review :  12 March 2014 by C Newill    (UK)

Manchester to Clark (Manila North) via Dubai in Economy. Chose this route as my wife's family live very close to Clark airport and it's much easier than grappling with travel from Manila. Outbound to DXB on A380, very comfortable, quiet and smooth with attentive service, good food and plenty of new films to watch. Similarly DXB to CRK on B777, not as quiet but still reasonably comfortable. On return we were upgraded to Business on CRK/DXB leg (B777), excellent lie-flat seats with massage function, brilliant service and food. DXB/MAN same A380 service as outbound. Everything ran either to time or early, paid £550 each for the whole trip. Excellent.

Emirates Customer review :  11 March 2014 by T Richter    (USA)

Flew FRA-DXB and DXB-MAD back in February. Generally speaking, all aspects of the service were more than satisfactory. From my experience at the ticket counter in FRA, where the gentleman was very courteous, to checking in online, the DXB bag drop with no line and the generally polite service onboard, I thought the staff did a very good job of creating an atmosphere of consideration for the passengers. The only thing I missed was that on the flight from FRA to DXB, there simply were not enough water runs (although from DXB to MAD, there were plenty). I had to ask for water, and even then, the cup size given to me was more appropriate for a shot of whisky than the generous glass of water I needed. Of course, the ICE entertainment system was excellent as was the food service. Overall, I would recommend Emirates, but I would advise bringing a couple of bottles of water with you to prevent dehydration.

Emirates Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Laura Paramsothy    (Cyprus)

EK0349, 8/03/2014. Colombo to Dubai. I found the service terrible. It was 2 hours into the flight before we were served anything, not even a drink of water was brought. I even rang for someone to come and it was ignored. Would not use Emirates on this sector again.

Emirates Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Udayan Mitra    (USA)

Kolkata to Dubai before connecting to a British Airways flight to Heathrow and an onward connection to Austin, Texas. Emirates staff at Kolkata airport upgraded me to business class. The food, service and entertainment system was superb and I got a good nights sleep before my onward journey to the United States. The A330 was immaculate, cabin crew friendly and well groomed and the airline was punctual and efficient.

Emirates Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Gordon Helly    (UK)

Flew London Heathrow to Dubai on A380. We chose seats in row 45. Very efficient check-in and boarding. Aircraft very clean, no crumbs down sides of seats or stains on tray. Informative updates from the pilot. Toilets were the best I have used on any aircraft and kept very clean throughout the whole flight. Seats actually very comfortable and space and recline very acceptable for Economy. Food excellent as was the service. All in all very impressed and will endeavour to fly with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  10 March 2014 by L Robin    (Thailand)

BKK-DXB-DME, Business class, return. Excellent flight, super service as usual, too bad the flight between Bangkok and Dubai only last 5 hours. As a gold member the chief cabin comes and welcome you personally on board. Food is very good with great choices.

Emirates Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Sreelatha Nandivada    (USA)

A380 from LAX-DXB-MAA. LAX to DXB was the worst. I had an infant child of 9 months old and didn't get a bassinet. Flight attendants said the baby looked too big and the bassinet wouldn't hold him. Had to hold my baby for 15+ hrs. No water was given either when I had to give baby formula. DXB-MAA was much better as they were able to provide a bassinet which unsurprisingly handled the baby just fine.

Emirates Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Martin Fernandez    (Spain)

MAD-DXB-BKK and back. Good service at airports, nice and new airplanes, comfortable seats (although on 777s the distance between seats is tight so you are touching your neighbor continuously, no problem in my case as I was traveling with a friend). IFE was excellent, I got the new huge screens on 3 of 4 flights. Food was generally good and crew provided good service. Transit through Dubai Airport was fine. The ticket price was a bargain so I am even more satisfied with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  5 March 2014 by D Holden    (UK)

EK 372 on 27th Feb 2014. We have flown regularly with Emirates for many years and have been very happy. The way the airline dealt with us following the alleged baggage system crash on 27th Feb was appalling. Despite the fact that aircrew know that most passengers baggage had not been loaded, no information was provided during the flight or at the airport. Instead we were left forlornly waiting at the carousel. By the time people twigged what was happening the two ground staff at the information desk were besieged. They were totally unprepared and chaos ensued. Essentially people were abandoned to their own devices with no attempt to communicate or put contingency arrangements in place. This was a repeat of our experience last year which we attributed to a one off aberration. Frankly you can have all the comfort and good food you like but if your customers walk away feeling angry and frustrated you will not get repeat business. Things do go wrong occasionally and most people are pretty reasonable if they know what is happening.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Rema Harshen    (UK)

22nd Feb 2014, arrived in London Gatwick at 11am for our 1.30pm flight to Dubai to be told that the flight was delayed by 6 hours and would not take off until 7pm. Staff at Gatwick and on the flight were unable to give us any information about our connecting flights to India. Landed in Dubai at 6am on 23rd Feb and although all passengers on the flight had missed their connections, there were no ground staff waiting to direct us. Asked to go to the transit desk, found more than 500 people crowded into a small space with no proper queue. Only 2 Emirates staff were available. We stood for 4.5 hours with no refreshments. Communication was very poor and we had no idea how long the wait would be. At 10.30 am, staff started directing passengers to different gates depending on their destination. We sat until 5.30 pm with no information as to which flight we were likely to catch. Although they handed out food vouchers at 2.30pm, they ran out so not everyone got vouchers. At 5.30pm we were finally given boarding cards for the 9.45 pm connecting flight to Trivandrum. Although we waited 16 hours in the airport Emirates were unable to offer us a hotel room or even a lounge. Finally arrived at our destination at 3.45 am on 24th Feb. We appreciate that delays due to bad weather are unavoidable. However Emirates had 24 hours notice after the fog on Saturday morning, and did nothing to prepare for the chaos on Sunday. Communication was extremely poor.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2014 by J Faber    (France)

I have flown a few times with Emirates and I can never complain! Had a flight 2 days ago from Sydney to Dubai (14 hours) but it didn't feel that long because the staff were so good.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2014 by S Suhel    (USA)

†Economy

We were stranded in Dubai for over 24 hours. I mean myself and about 60 other passengers because our connecting flight (also an Emirates flight) left without us. None of us received accommodation, no lounge, not even a place to take a proper shower or refresh. We didn't receive boarding passes for the next flight for 17 hours or so, they kept telling us to "come back in 2 hours". This went on all day, I couldn't even leave the airport if I wanted to! Emirates had no sense of organization and zero sympathy for passengers.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |