Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  27 May 2014 by N Williams    (Spain)

BKK-LGW-BKK. The aircraft are fairly new and in good shape as you'd expect. The service is very hit and miss, mostly a miss. On one leg, shortly after takeoff the crew distributed promising looking menu cards, but this was just a tease since no food materialised until almost 5 hours into a 6 hour flight. The purser spent the flight in and out of the understair workstation adjacent to my seat on the A380, slamming the door each time. When the food did arrive it was poor. On another leg the food was served in the first couple of hours and was very enjoyable, being salmon and mashed potatoes. They seemed quite happy to bring the odd glass of wine throughout all the flights. On one leg we were bussed to the aircraft at Dubai which was strangely parked in a very remote part of the airfield. All those gates at Dubai and we end up having a 20 minute bus ride and climbing steps to the aircraft. The customer service at Gatwick was very poor. Although the ground staff had all week to advise me of a requirement regarding my return flight (I visited their desk on several occasions) they failed to do so and waited until I arrived at check in with all my bags and then turned me away. If you have cause to contact Emirates with a complaint after you've flown, they seem to be very reluctant to provide email addresses or forms for this purpose.

Emirates Customer review :  24 May 2014 by D Johncock    (UK)

Flight from Perth (Australia) to Dubai did not meet expectations. Despite the airlines supposed reputation, the food quality and choice was very poor. The touchscreen was insensitive and caused considerable frustration when trying to select particular films or music. Most notable, the staff were surly and generally unhelpful. This was one of the worst flights I have ever endured !

Emirates Customer review :  24 May 2014 by Navindu De Silva    (Sri Lanka)

Colombo to Amsterdam via Dubai, and Paris to Colombo via Dubai. Food was fantastic, excellent inflight entertainment. Staff very attentive, will use Emirates again. Flew in A380 as well.

Emirates Customer review :  22 May 2014 by B Teles    (Portugal)

Lisbon to Luanda via Dubai. In the past I used TAP Portugal to go Luanda, but due to delays, high fares, old aircraft and poor service I changed. Emirates is a cut above the rest, flights were on-time, main leg on way out was on a modern 777, very nice and more space than competition, food was delicious, crew professional and helpful. I can't remember any other carrier proactively offering so many drinks and refills in economy class.

Emirates Customer review :  21 May 2014 by L Robin    (Thailand)

BKK-DXB-FRA-DUS-DXB-BKK . Limousine chauffeur on time, Qantas lounge in BKK as Emirates under renovation, excellent day flight to Frankfurt no amenities but its a day flight so no problem, good choices of entertainment. on my return I pampered myself in First, amazing service and I had the best sleep of my life up in the air. excellent food and wine list. Crew as usual very helpful and nice.

Emirates Customer review :  21 May 2014 by A Stijlen    (UAE)

CPT-DXB, Boeing 777-300. Comfortable flight, friendly and efficient cabin crew. Lunch & dinner serving outstanding. Staff made the flight as pleasant as possible. ICE inflight entertainment system with excellent choices.

Emirates Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Richard Ciszewski    (Australia)

PER-DXB-HAM. My first experience with Emirates Business Class. Started very well with the Chauffeur car. Staff at check in good. Lounge nicely presented. IFE in my seat did not work. Luckily seat next to me vacant. Impressive looking seat was surprisingly narrow and no elbow room. Found it hard to get comfortable. No amenity pack offered on either sector all the way to Hamburg. Found it very difficult to choose something I wanted to eat. Food too middle eastern, with no choice offered, friendly crew. Lounge in Dubai awful. Probably the worst I've had for a while. Far too overcrowded. HAM-DXB-PER: Chauffeur pick up, lounge nice, but hard to find. Much better flight than outbound. Same issue with food, although this time I ate in the lounge where the food had more of a western flavour to it. Staff friendly and helpful. Different seat with better elbow room. IFE is a little awkward to use. My bag was damaged on arrival in Perth. The baggage services team in Perth were very helpful and my bag was replaced. As a Qantas frequent flyer, this was a rewards trip, so I'm not too devastated by the experience. If I had to spend full price on a business class fare, I would probably look elsewhere. The lounge in Dubai and the seats being the major turn offs.

Emirates Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

CPT to LHR via DXB in economy. Two full planes, Boeing 777 and A380. Staff excellent, helpful and pleasant. Both arrived early or on time. Boarding done by row numbers and well controlled. Seating on 777 narrower but I found more comfortable than the A380. Entertainment vast and varied. Food ok. But why do airlines still insist on providing hot breakfasts in the very early hours which are so unappetising. My poached eggs could have survived a set at Wimbledon! And three hours before landing at 4am when I had just got off to sleep - surely no need. I can't believe passengers want this - a light and healthy snack 90 mins before landing would be more preferable. Going for fruit platter meals in future. Off loaded at LHR quickly and despite a busy terminal through immigration and customs within 30mins of landing.

Emirates Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Alan Millward    (Spain)

MAD-DXB-BKK Business Class (Frequent Flyer Gold Card holder) traveling approximately bi-monthly for over two years. I've noticed a marked deterioration in quality on this service and my last two flights have had problems which need bringing to the attention of a wider audience. I note from comments on this site that others have noted a similar deterioration in service on Emirates. On the first flight I was double charged by the airline. When I pointed this out to the Service Center I was initially told I was incorrect. After a second e-mail and a delay I was informed by another individual I had to prove that I had been overcharged. When I did this I was then told by a third employee to enter certain information via the web to obtain a refund. I tried several times but the information was clearly wrong. After a further delay a fourth employee suggested I was entering the data incorrectly. I tried again: same result. I then asked the matter to be escalated. No reply. Eventually after further e-mails a fifth employee agreed that the matter should be escalated. Over a month later I received an incomplete refund and a lame excuse for an apology. On my last flight EK385 the service was awful. My breakfast was initially not delivered. After trying to attract the attention of staff my meal, some 45 minutes late ,was slammed down; it was as might be expected after being allowed to stew for that amount of time inedible. After asking for the Purser, a 'Senior' eventually arrived who tried various displacement techniques to avoid apologising. I eventually forced an apology and was asked if I wanted 'something' (unspecified) to replace the disgusting plate. By this time the plane was descending. I asked again to see the Purser who eventually turned up and mumbled on about 'the girl' who was responsible. She disappeared to make the safety announcement prior to landing and I never saw her again. I have received no recompense. I would suggest that if you experience problems on Emirates don't expect prompt service, genuine apologies or any recompense. You will have to deal with an obstructive Service Center staffed by arrogant and essentially incompetent individuals, and an on board 'crew' who regard themselves as a superior class of persons who unless you are prepared to ingratiate yourself find providing a service beneath them. As there is ample choice of airlines on this route, I certainly wont fly Emirates again and would advise caution if anyone is considering it as the alternatives which I have recently sampled are infinitely superior.

Emirates Customer review :  18 May 2014 by C Mati    (Australia)

SYD-AKL-SYD and SYD-AKL-SYD, my work booked these flights. To say the staff are rude is an understatement. Onboard staff were only interested in quickly serving the meals and you didn't even have time to finish eating off your tray before they whipped them away. Any rubbish left over they weren't interested in picking up with their precious little fingers. I buzzed for duty free for an hour and asked 3 people if I could buy some, and kept getting told "I'll tell the girl, I'll tell the girl" or "she should be coming through" only to find that "she" couldn't be bothered. Ground staff at both airports were rude, and I was looked down on (it felt) for a being a Qantas business customer. Rude arrogant staff.

Emirates Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Sally Collins    (UK)

LHR-Auckland- LHR via Dubai April/May 2014 in A380. I thought the comfort of the A380 economy seats was better than other planes, entertainment fantastic, service good. The food wasn't always to my taste but that is my problem. All legs of the journey were on time, would recommend.

Emirates Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Don Coleman    (Australia)

BNE to FRA via DXB. Staff pleasant, helpful and enthusiastic. Aircraft clean and looks modern and well maintained. Well stocked personal minibar. Punctual. Great food, IFE is fantastic. I've done four flights with Emirates and will continue to fly with them. Pity they don't do transPacific flights to US/Canada.

Emirates Customer review :  17 May 2014 by T Iversen    (New Zealand)

ARN-AKL via DXB and SYD in Business. Very comfortable lounge in ARN. Clean aircraft ARN-DXB with attentive and pleasant FAs, but come across as a bit inexperienced. Slow drink service during dinner and food ok but not great. The Business seat a bit cramped for my taste. Had the Dubai connect service at DXB (because of a long lay-over the airline puts you up in a hotel, arranges transport and visa for you) and that was great. Nice to have a good bed for the night in an excellent hotel. Immigration into and out of Dubai very quick. Lounge in DXB was excellent (have a hard time understanding all the negative reviews about this - but admittedly did not use washrooms or showers. Food was great). Flight from DXB to AKL via SYD in 380. Excellent seat. Again very pleasant FAs but again somewhat inexperienced appearing. Again very slow drink service. Was given a before dinner drink. Then no drink with the starter, but with the assurance that it was coming. It came when the starter was finished. Then the main meal arrived but no drink. That came after the meal was finished. Those things are not the end of the world, but it comes across as somewhat unprofessional. Lounge in SYD was fine with nice shower, and flight from SYD to AKL had a new crew that seemed more experienced. Overall though I was pleased, especially considering the cost was significantly lower than on competing airlines. So in spite of missing out on a glass of wine or two I will do this again.

Emirates Customer review :  16 May 2014 by J Parker    (UK)

Auckland/Dubai/LHR economy, connecting flight EK 1 to LHR delayed at Dubai for over 1hr but no explanation given by ground staff in fact appeared unprofessional not until on the aircraft did you get an adequate response from the captain who gave a full explanation. By coincidence my leg from Heathrow to Dubai was also delayed exactly 2 weeks earlier so wonder if they have a scheduling problem. The A380 is a huge aircraft and with its size comes big logistics the cabin crew were not particularly attentive and water for such a long flight was offered very infrequently and the service was not anywhere near the service I had been given by Asiana Airlines to Auckland a year earlier.

Emirates Customer review :  14 May 2014 by A Jenkins    (UK)

I travelled from Manchester to Hong Kong via Dubai. All flights were on-time, the aircraft were modern, clean and the food was good. The crew were professional, friendly and helpful.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by K Yasemin    (Netherlands)

I went from Dusseldorf to Singapore and back with Emirates. The service was great! One thing I really liked was that the cabin crew members were very open towards me. They weren't treating me like a customer, but like a friend. The food was excellent as well and the seats were provided with TV's. There were lots of films and music to pick. The cabin crew also provided us with blankets before we started flying. This was excellent, since I wanted to sleep immediately. To be honest, I can't really say anything bad about Emirates. Great airline.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Kevin Phillips    (New Zealand)

Auckland-Melbourne-Auckland. Both flights on time. Food and service excellent. Like the bar at the back of the A380. Small problem with seat on the return leg, soon fixed by moving to other seats.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Joann Johnstone    (UK)

Dubai - Male, 22nd February 2014, Flight EK0652. On the morning of 22nd February, we boarded the flight in Dubai at the correct time despite their being some fog in which cleared by approximately 10.30am. We were held on the plane for over 7.5 hours and then had our flight cancelled and were disembarked. Told that once we left the plane, an Emirates attendant would be waiting to show us where to go. After we left the plane we went through the airport doors to be offered two options 'arrivals' or 'transfers' and no-one had any idea where to go and no help was available. We saw a few Emirates staff around and when we went to them asking for assistance they just shrugged their shoulders and said we had to queue up at the desk. We queued for 2 hours and when we finally got to the front we were told that no information was available and that we had to come back in 20 minutes! We asked about hotel accommodation and was told that all hotels were booked. The lack of communication was terrible, no announcements made, no apologies. Finally after an exhaustive night and at about 4am Sunday we were told that everyone would not be able to fly until Monday. This debacle carried on until about 5.30am when we were told that we were going to fly after all at 11am Sunday. The journey took approximately 42 hours which should have been a four hour flight. The absolute worst part was having absolutely no information forthcoming - it was an absolute disgrace.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by W Doralt    (Germany)

We were disappointed by the standard of the flight from Male to Dubai. The plane was old, old entertainment system (not very responsive and outdated quality, also, the Arabic subtitles in large size could not be switched off) and all interior a bit worn off. One would not expect it with this airline. Food was mediocre at best and the preferred choice was gone before our row was served. Drinks (non alcoholic and alcoholic) were all fine, though. Toilets: Two toilets out of soap relatively soon after the start of the flight. Not great also in terms of cleanliness. Floor: Worn off, but mainly disturbing because staff did not collect / pic up plastic debris fallen on the floor during the flight. Main ground for disappointment was the broken tray (46G), preventing you from eating (nothing could be put on the tray without falling / sliding off). Staff apologised but in the end, though they were friendly, that does not take away the inconvenience and as the flight was full (at least in econ.), a change of seat was no option.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by L Dalton    (Sweden)

This airline was not at all child friendly and we had many problems. The transit in Dubai involved a bus trip over 30 minutes long, standing in a hot, stuffy bus. Some of our kids were given activity packs on the aircraft and some were not. The allergy meals although not containing the specified allergen contained many other common allergens such as eggs, fish and seafood. The meat for these meals was always fish. We did not receive the diabetic meal we ordered on every flight. Staff on the A380's are immature and more concerned with enjoying the trip themselves and their own comfort. No drinks were offered between meals on the return A380 flight. The crew spent their time gossiping in the service areas. Our flight on the return trip was changed and we weren't notified until we tried to check in. These are just some of the highlights but overall the experience was very stressful.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Sharon Mae    (Austria)

VIE-DXB after taking off the bassinet on the wall was installed quickly, amenity kit distributed and even blankets with collectible monsters. When I asked the crew to fill up our babybottle with hot water this was done in less than 10 minutes. DXB-MNL the crew seemed very tired and unmotivated. I am just wondering why the "sparkle" of the crew was missing? Even at the flight back the crew was so-so at the first leg but at the second leg they tried their best. Emirates takes good care of their passengers, food service excellent, ground handling (handled by Austrian Airlines in Vienna) was great as the Supervisor blocked the seat next to us so we could rest better and I think its a big plus for Emirates that they lend Strollers in DXB to families.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Dave Houlihan    (UAE)

DXB-ARN-DXB. Biz class return, In short both these flights were of a high calibre especially the return leg on the 08/05, ARN-DXB, the Purser was an English lady who is a total asset to the airline. Her manner with passengers was professional yet friendly and she and her team gave an excellent service. Both legs service was top notch, flights on time and arrived early. ICE as usual had the latest movies and seat comfort superb. My only small gripe again is the food, Biriyani in Biz class is not acceptable , I chose the Veal which was chewy and tough and had to return it. Wines were good. Failing that a great set of flights!

Emirates Customer review :  11 May 2014 by J Dickinson    (UK)

London Gatwick - Dubai, EK016, 1/5/2014. Dubai - Kuala Lumpur, EK346, 2/5/2014. I have been using Emirates for several years and have found little to grumble with until recently. I have flown primarily between the UK and Far East transiting via Dubai. Fares have generally been cheap and the service and food has been passable. I was upgraded to Business class on a couple of occasions but really wouldn't rate it as being much better than Economy class. I flew with them in Jan/Feb 2014 and again on this current trip May 2014. I would have to say and in line with most other reviewers the service has gone downhill dramatically. Boarding the plane was organised and orderly in London Gatwick but quite haphazard and chaotic in Dubai. On both flights food seemed to be served in a chaotic manner. The stewardesses appeared to be a mixture of Qantas and Emirates staff and were often at odds with what each other was doing. They appeared quite stressed at times and were curt rather than polite with inquiries. Emirates staff have never been as polished or professional as MAS staff and from my observations a certain level of rudeness/frustration has crept in and is very noticeable at times. One of my biggest bug bears is that they no longer ask passengers to right their seats to enable people to eat their food in comfort. I quite often end up eating in an impossibly restricted space. Asking a Stewardess for assistance to rectify this is not always responded to positively. The choice of food doesn't seem to have changed for years and has become boring if not unpalatable at times. Travelling in Economy is no longer a pleasure and the term cattle class feels more apt these days. I stopped using Malaysia Airlines years ago because of the cost of their flights and poor service at that time. When I started using Emirates I began recommending it to all my friends because of the level of service and affordable fares. I probably will continue to use Emirates but would consider other options such as MAS, Qatar, Etihad and Turkish Airlines all of which appear to be doing well in the ratings. I certainly would have misgivings about recommending Emirates to friends at present.

Emirates Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Rob Butler    (UK)

LGW-AKL in First, A380 all the way. As usual, an extremely good product, extremely well delivered. Pricing out of LGW was more competitive than via LHR, which is nearer my home, but the included chauffeur service meant the added distance and time were negligible. The lounge at LGW, despite being under renovation, still served top-class food (as do most EK lounges worldwide) with an impressive Margaux to sip. Staff were very courteous. All sectors (LGW- DXB, DXB-SYD and SYD-AKL) were excellent - slept reasonably well, superb selection of modern films on the IFE, high quality cabin crew. The shower spa is a fantastic luxury that I continue to thoroughly enjoy every time I use it - it's a real boon on such a long flight to be able to shower at the time you want, to help adjust your body clock for your arrival. I'm not a fan of the First Class lounge in the A380 terminal at DXB, it feels completely soulless, and the shower was only lukewarm - the second time I've experienced this. The massage in the spa was good, though. Return AKL-LGW was almost as good as the outbound. However, the menu was limited and repetitive - lamb and chicken biryani on all sectors. Although there was also a pasta dish, this was not really the level of variety and quality I expect when flying in First for more than 24 hours. Thankfully, a bit of creative thinking with the starters (including the excellent mezze and generous portions of caviar) meant I was certainly not going to be left hungry. Simple things like freshly-prepared toast are also very welcome, though I wish they would introduce ice cream. One slight niggle is that I asked for a large bottle of water when I boarded and was told there only 6 for the entire flight so I couldn't have one, moments later another member of cabin crew came up and offered one, oblivious to what I'd previously been told. Overall though, cabin crew were even better on the return leg, especially between Brisbane and Dubai. Boarding for the final sector, B777, DXB to LGW was a farce, and the one real let-down of the trip. I was called from the lounge at 0710 for an 0800 flight, then had to wait for thirty minutes in two different holding areas until they could bring a special bus for the first class pax (frankly I'd rather have just got on a normal bus and been able to relax on the aircraft) which then took more than 15 minutes to crawl around the airfield. All in all, though, Emirates First continues to be by far my preferred carrier to New Zealand for its mix of quality, service and cost.

Emirates Customer review :  11 May 2014 by Lautwein Christof    (Germany)

DUS-SIN-DUS. Again full score for Emirates! It's simply the best. Perfect friendly and attentive crew, very good meals, no delays, wonderful inflight entertainment. Recommend to use also the free Chauffeur service to make it even more convenient.

Emirates Customer review :  9 May 2014 by T Kok    (UK)

Been travelling Emirates for a year and on 3 occasions (all from London to Kuala Lumpur). Overall experiences have been good except for our recent flight last week. As before, we booked our seats online but one of the seat was changed without our knowledge leading us having to re-booked/changed both our seats to one which we are unhappy with. Check in staff on the day was unhelpful. We will be flying again early June to Kuala Lumpur but will give Emirates a miss on this occasion as the protest. We will consider Emirates again next year.

Emirates Customer review :  8 May 2014 by A Pagan    (Greece)

ATH-DXB-ATH. Arriving at check-in, flight was overbooked in economy. They offered me an upgrade to business at 300 euros per sector. During booking business class price was 1300 euros so I stayed with J. An A345, the seat was comfortable and pitch just ok. Catering ok but really nothing special. Crew very attentive, IFE the typical ICE on EK which is not my taste. Variety of movies limited. Flight arrived on time. Return a different story. Again overbooked flight and the same offer. Still on J class on a 777-300. Boarding and a bus ride that literally took 37 minutes. Nice tour of the airport! Flight departed with 30 minutes delay due to the bus ride as we got into the plane 5 minutes before the STD. Same thing on catering and seat. This time crew was a bit uninterested and robotic. Arriving in ATH and we have to wait for our bags more than 25 minutes. All in all an average experience. Next time and my schedule permits I will try Etihad or Qatar as their ticket price is a bit lower and inflight service seems to be better than EK.

Emirates Customer review :  6 May 2014 by E Wright    (Hong Kong)

Emirates had become my airline of choice because of the great seats and entertainment system on their new A380's. Until my most recent flights I also found their service and food to be among the best. However on my recent flights from HKG to DXB and DXB to Dublin I found both the food and service to be awful. Their switch to serving food in J class on open plates is a disaster. The food ends up lukewarm and dry. I much preferred the sealed container. The food was bland and tasteless. The cabin attendants on both sectors were pretty indifferent. On the second sector service was particularly clueless, with wrong orders and lack of apology. I might just look for other options next time I fly. One thing also to bear in mind if you can avoid it - the HKG-DXB route flies over Bay of Bengal. Turbulence here, as on my flight, can be fairly rough during monsoon season. Also for some reason we had to be bussed to the gate when we reached DXB. The ground journey took 20 minutes. The place where we were dropped off happened to be the confluence between T1 and T3 and as a result a lot of transit passengers headed off in the wrong direction. A frustrating mistake to make at midnight when you are already tired.

Emirates Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Deane Louise Belinda    (Australia)

EK 413, AKL-SYD, 13 April, Business Class. Disappointing service and poor hospitality. Emirates appear to have lost their former sparkle. Problems started at the Emirates Lounge in AKL where numerous Qantas passengers were denied entry due to different rules applying to status levels and guests. Emirates staff looked particularly anguished dealing with the number of complaints they had on this occasion. The Lounge was full to capacity and it was difficult to find a seat with flights going via Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne all around the same time. However, the food in the lounge is exceptionally good compared to competitor offerings at the moment. Onboard, the business class standard on the A380 was poor in hospitality comparison to current competitors. Young, inexperienced staff, surprisingly lacking basic etiquette and manners. Staff looked tired and despondent. During the flight I was either served twice or not at all. Despite the new A380 I was surrounded with broken and depreciated equipment. Meal service, very average. The staff just seemed to want to rush and close down the service as quickly as possible. The pricing is definitely competitive and if hospitality isn't important and you just want to nod off this could still be a good way to travel. For me, the quality is just not good enough in hospitality for business class. Its not just about the IFE and the swish seating capsule. The outbound flight with Air New Zealand may have lacked the latest technology and wizardry in cabin design but made up for it in spades in terms of hospitality, professionalism and overall comfort. Have used Emirates a couple of times over the last few years and couldn't fault them previously. Will avoid them for a while. Clearly lost something as I didn't feel looked after on this occasion.

Emirates Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Jo Smith    (UK)

Birmingham-Dubai-Bangkok-Sydney-Christchurch, NZ 19, January 2014. Economy. Nice food and good service. Birmingham - Dubai was a 777 (2 class) and we had bassinet bulkhead seats, row 8 which gave lots of legroom. Dubai - Bangkok was the A380 which is super comfortable, we had bulkhead behind seats, next to the midships galley. There was some noise from the galley and there is a locker above the seats which is not great, but we were comfortable enough. Bangkok - Sydney was with Qantas, this was the least comfortable as plane was older. Although Emirates is Qantas partner, you cannot pre-assign seats for Qantas flights, so these were our least good seats. Sydney to Christchurch was again a 777 and not full, so I again sat in row 8. I believe that Emirates does not make the (777, 2 class) row 8 bassinet seats available until airport check in. If there are no babies needing them, you can ask at the gate to move into these seats and if you are a frequent flyer, you may get moved, It worked for us.

Emirates Customer review :  6 May 2014 by J Lyde    (New Zealand)

EK 418 - QF 8418 - Bangkok - Sydney. Seats - 17A, 17B, 17,D, 17E, 17F + Bassinet for baby. 24/04/2014. When I saw I was Emirates coming back from Bangkok I was very happy as I had heard great things about them. In the end it was a disaster. Couldn't check in all the way through with my family at Phuket so had to wait until a desk opened in Bangkok, then best part of 45 mins. Once on the aircraft we had been split up so cabin crew tried to sort this out but a very large person who had booked the seat insisted having it. It was sorted in the end but took a long time. As for the seats, they where like rocks to sit on for any time. I was amazed that the cabins have large screen that keep coming on and off telling us here we are. One was directly over my 5 month old Granddaughter and every time it came on it woke her up. Even with the eye shades provided for passengers the bright light came through making it impossible to rest or sleep. Over all very disappointed.

Emirates Customer review :  5 May 2014 by J Gromek    (Poland)

On a recent flight on 22 April from Warsaw to Guangzhou via Dubai (EK180) I was upgraded to Business Class. Finally I get to sample the much advertised Emirates Business Class. The Business Class was full and so was the entire flight I assume. The welcome was the usual that you get with the welcome drink but none of the staff offered to take my jacket. After take off the bar service started quite late. There was a wait of approximately 40 minutes. The second round of drinks took ages. I had ordered a second whisky which the staff conveniently forgot. I had to remind to which I was given a curt unapologetic "it's being made"! That too by the chief purser, a lady in her 50's. During the meal which was nice the wine came only once. I had to remind the stewardess to fill-up my long empty glass. The staff was not well-informed about the plane either. I asked one if it was the new 777 to which she replied that she did not know. She never bothered to find-out and inform either. I can say one thing about Emirates. The hardware is there but the 'software' still needs to be updated. Staff training on customer satisfaction has to be intensified. I would not recommend anyone to buy the Business Class unless it's only for the additional comfort. Service is definitely lacking. Wonder what the First Class is like. Taking into account my experience in the Business Class I am certain the pampering is non-existent. Frankly I prefer Lufthansa. The service in all classes is very good and that keeps you aching for more.

Emirates Customer review :  5 May 2014 by R Killen    (Switzerland)

Flew from Zurich to Tokyo via Dubai. The flight was efficiently handled. B777 on the way out was fine, though the seating was not better than normal. A380 from DXB to ZRH had noticeably more seat space and was remarkably quiet. Meals were exceptionally good, but service was patchy. Not everyone got coffee, maybe the team needs to bring in some f/b to improve there.

Emirates Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Franz Koepernik    (Germany)

Flight EK050/EK705 in Economy Flight EK706/EK051 in Business. Used special EK offer for business class. From MUC to DXB and back A380: comfortable seats with enough leg room even in Economy! DXB to SEZ a very different story: A340-500 with really cramped seating in Economy, seats in Business on SEZ to DXB are not lie-flat and not comfortable. Food ok on 3 legs, but worse (with old bread) in Business on SEZ-DXB leg. However, can not understand the policy of EK to serve breakfast on a night flight at 3am on DXB-SEZ leg in Economy whereas the C-Cl and First Class Pax could sleep. Crew in general were polite, but seemed very unorganised with bad service in Business Class on SEZ-DXB leg: they just served coffee and tea after breakfast with no refills and no additional drink rounds or offers. Personally addressed in C only on the DXB-MUC leg but also forgot after dinner to serve coffee or tea and the chocolate to me and my wife. In MUC they had troubles fixing the airbridge at the upper deck which resulted in late disembarking of all C and F-Class pax so at the passport control all Y-Pax (almost 300-400) were in front while the priority baggage was already on the bag carousel. IFE as already mentioned before: wonderful but not working properly on DXB-SEZ leg.

Emirates Customer review :  2 May 2014 by M Adams    (UK)

Flew LGW to SYD via DXB then Perth to LGW. All four flights were on time and pain free. Able to book seats on all flights well in advance and choose rear doubles on 777-300s which gave additional space albeit with crew reserved seats behind. Caught up on most of the films I had wanted to see for the past 6 months and a few more beside. Very good quality meals with real metal cutlery provided. Rest rooms were kept clean by flight crew who were always available to offer service - although not too difficult when they are only just behind you! Love to get the chance to fly Emirates again. Wish they flew direct to USA from London!

Emirates Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Patel Rashied    (UK)

First problem on EK018, only 1 USB port worked between 3 seats. When I placed the food tray down there was remnants of the last meal and coffee stains all over it. EK805 delayed approx. 2.5 hours, combined with delay in immigration caused me to miss my connecting flight in Jeddah, resulting in a 9 hour wait for a place on connecting flight. I arrived at my destination in Medinah 12 hours after I was supposed to. EK802 delayed 1.5 hrs from Jeddah. I ordered Asian veg meal but was served an omelette with sausage. EK017 delayed 15-20 mins causing me to miss my train which I had booked before travelling. The food on the outward journey was very bland, but on the flight to Manchester was wonderful. The only consolation is I was travelling alone and not with my family.

Emirates Customer review :  1 May 2014 by G Santi    (UK)

LHR-DXB-LHR in Y on A380 - for leg room and width still the best in economy on this plane - I'm 6'3 no problems on a 7 hrs flight. IFE excellent as always. Food - EK have changed there attractive economy meal tray set ups to all half size trays and very standard shape dishes - food still good but no room to move things round and very charter carrier style - shame! Although 391 return to DXB cant complain at all.

Emirates Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Williams Anthony    (UK)

MAN-DXB-HKT in business. Excellent in every aspect. Picked up at home by driver, lounge facility at Manchester were most impressive. Comfort levels on 777 were very high and better than on the A380. EK will be my airline of choice in the future. The whole experience was of the highest standard but spoiled by the lamentable security staff at Manchester. This was beyond the control of Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Dianne Gough    (Australia)

Dubai - Brisbane. We were incredibly lucky to find our economy cabin only half full so were each able to have a row of seats to ourselves and could stretch out and relax/sleep. Cabin staff were wonderful. We had just come off an Emirates flight from Paris to Dubai where the cabin crew bickered and insulted each other, so were pleasantly surprised to have friendly and helpful crew on this leg. Food was good. Drinks were provided regularly throughout the flight. Toilets were kept maintained. Staff were attentive and came promptly if called. I hope our flights in June/July with Emirates are as good as this one.

Emirates Customer review :  29 April 2014 by F Mastrolia    (Italy)

MUC-DXB-JNB - Very good experience. Great A380 and Boeing 777, clean, bright and colourful inside, good seats. Wonderful entertainment on flights. Great food and drinks. For veggie, very good meals (asiatic and lacto-ovo). Nice the idea of the menu printed for each passenger and the stickers to put on seat to remind staff to wake you up if fallen asleep during meals time! A sweet fragrance applied to the cabin before departure, pleasant! The service, quick and complete. Crew members very helpful, smiles in each circumstance, and well-instructed. Toilets often cleaned up. We had a great sleep with the little lights on the top of the cabin and awoke with soft orange, pink lights in the early morning.

Emirates Customer review :  29 April 2014 by D Samonte    (Australia)

Fortunate enough to fly EK without going to Dubai, flew MEL-AKL-MEL, aircraft on both ways were the A380-800, very good experience on both ways, both on time. Food was fine, FA's are very attentive, the ICE entertainment was top class. Would fly them again in the future and would highly recommend them, at least on this sector.

Emirates Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Raje Rohit    (India)

EK503, Bombay to Dubai, newest 777ER300. Left around 15 minutes late but arrived on time. The newest 777ER300 had the ultra-modern ICE (Information Communication Entertainment) System with touch-enabled extra-wide screens. Remotes were looking like Ipads. State-of-the art InFlight Entertainment system. The aircraft was new and looked very clean. Everything was in perfect order. There were star like mini-lights on the passenger walkway ceiling which gave a calm effect. Ground crew were very helpful and answered all queries. The Cabin Crew were extremely helpful, friendly and responded to all requests very quickly. Unlike other airlines, Emirates has very comfortable seats with plenty of leg space in Economy. The Business and First class portrayed infinite luxury never seen before in any other airline. The food was very appetizing. The food is selected according to the flight route, which means that the food is selected according to the cuisine of the departure and arrival cities. I had the Chicken Biryani and it was the tastiest Chicken Biryani I have had so far!

Emirates Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Wadhwani Preeti    (USA)

DXB to JFK On A380, Business Class. Special check in counters for business class and the lounge had nice food choices. Spectacular service inflight with excellent food choice and wines. FA very attentive and very comfortable seat, the best airline so far.

Emirates Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Michael Gardiner    (UK)

EK20, MAN-DXB overnight on 25-26 April (B777-300ER), connecting with EK863, DXB-MCT on 26 April (A330-200). The chauffeur service arrived promptly at my home and, as always, was immaculately turned out. Our drive to Manchester was made tedious by heavy Friday traffic but the driver handled everything calmly and with good humour. At the terminal I was checked in swiftly and 20 minutes later was in the Emirates lounge (this included time spent picking up some last-minute purchases). Boarding was on time and the flight left slightly early. After watching a film and enjoying supper I got 4 hours solid sleep, waking up about 50 minutes out of Dubai. We landed a few minutes early and it took only 20 minutes including the security check to get to the gate for my connecting flight, despite this leaving from Concourse C and the arrival having parked right at the end of Concourse B. The flight to Muscat had particularly personable cabin crew; we were on time and for a change I even had a light breakfast on this 40-minute hop rather than falling asleep! In all, a perfect trip: no fuss, no worries. I make this journey every 5 weeks and this was the kind of faultless, seamless performance that sets Emirates apart and makes my regular 'commute' to Muscat much more than merely tolerable.

Emirates Customer review :  26 April 2014 by Mirza Umair Tanveer    (Pakistan)

I flew KHI-DXB-JNB and return same route. This time I flew London Gatwick-DXB-ISB. The aircraft's were new and tidy. But, the toilet had a broken handwash and it was not that clean. I was not provided with headphones and had to ask for them. Staff were not attentive and seemed in a rush. Secondly, I asked for water, the cabin crew came after such a very long time. The food was good but the service was not enough good.

Emirates Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Ritchie Craig    (Australia)

EK404 Dubai to Singapore, 777ER300, 14 April 2014. Left around 30 minutes late but arrived on time into Singapore. Cabin crew excellent, meal was excellent with the crew constantly wandering around the plane handing out drinks and snacks. In flight entertainment was excellent. The trip was just on 8 hours long during the day, but thanks to the service and IFE, the time flew by.

Emirates Customer review :  25 April 2014 by A Ahmed    (UK)

NCL-DXB-DAC-DXB-NCL. Departed from NCL on newest 777-300ER with newest ICE system, flight very full but experience was overall pleasant. Catering from NCL is generally always good, there was nothing to complain about and staff were efficient and generally good, if not over-friendly. Flight from DXB-DAC was on time and again very full on older 777-200 with older ICE system. Cabin Crew on this sector were excellent however and even checked in on my mother who had been upgraded to Business Class for us. Toilets in ridiculous state given 4 hour flight, but again due to clientele rather than crews fault. Return was on Christmas Eve, and surprisingly busy flight from DAC-DXB. Return flight is always over-timed by an hour - meant we didn't get on to the plane until an hour after arriving at the gate. Flight was on newer 777-200ER with newest ICE system. Cabin service was efficient and brusque if not necessarily very friendly and inflight catering was ok. Arrival into Dubai was early and the airport was very quiet - we had a wait of more than 4 hours for connection to NCL - so collected our complimentary food vouchers from transfer desk. DXB-NCL unusually on 3 class 777-300ER with newest ICE system. Cabin Crew were unusually mostly British due to a lot returning home for Christmas break. Catering was disappointing with choice particularly breakfast offering but otherwise pleasant. Arrival into NCL was late and held on tarmac for rather unusual amount of time before being parked at remote stand and bussed to terminal. Baggage out promptly. Would use again based on this experience - the sector DAC is never an easy one and on the whole Emirates made the experience rather more tolerable than it can be and the price was incredible value for money especially long-haul from a regional UK destination.

Emirates Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Ritchie Craig    (Australia)

EK355, Singapore to Dubai, A380, 10 April 2014. We had aisle seats, the service was excellent with an excellent meal. Inflight entertainment was extremely good with a vast selection to choose from during the 8 hour flight. Flight left a little late but arrived on time into Dubai at 0.55. Cabin crew very attentive and provided great service to those of us in cattle class throughout the flight.

Emirates Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Martina Cooper    (Australia)

24 Jan 2014, EK412 Dubai - Sydney. I am well travelled and have experienced many airlines but this was the worst in terms of staff inexperience and rudeness. The service was appalling with a young, rude and inexperienced cabin crew. I had to ask to have my food tray removed on two occasions. I had to ask for coffee and when it arrived, without apology, it was cold. There was no help with overhead storage. They need to take notice of customer complaints.

Emirates Customer review :  24 April 2014 by A Petersen    (UK)

BHX-DXB-KUL. Probably the worst long haul flights I have had. Emirates seems to have deteriorated considerably since my last trip in 2010. Outbound flight was spoilt by passengers who wandering about the cabin visiting friends/relatives at all hours of the night and were not controlled by the cabin crew even when seat belt signs were lit. Although things were better on the return legs staff seemed generally disinterested and demoralised. Food service was very slow (over an hour to serve breakfast). Drinks were served after the meal rather than before. Altogether a very disappointing experience.

Emirates Customer review :  23 April 2014 by J Duguy    (France)

Flew EK 74, EK382, business class, April 6. Cabin staff good although noticed difference of service between the 2 flights in term of welcome, I am a skywards member, and the "welcome back" when you board not always there. Toiletries pouch given on one sector not on the other, why? Where EK fails miserably is on ground staff, sometimes rude and not really concerned with passengers experience and well being, Late departure from CDG (accepted) which meant missing connection in DXB although promised that we would make (unacceptable) and late departure from DXB (unexplained) which meant missing connection in HKG and refused access to Lounge for 12 hours wait.

Emirates Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Joseph Cunningham    (UK)

I've flown Emirates on a regular basis for 8 years and up to 2 years ago I had no real problems and planes were never delayed more than 5 or 10 mins. However in the last 2 years I have increasingly experienced delays which coupled with the ludicrous different terminal and concourse situation at Dubai has led to problems in transfers at DXB. My last two trips LGW-DXB-Bkk involved 4 sector flights each and in those trips only one flight was on time. Last night I flew DXB to LGW on a A380 (500 passengers), arriving at the boarding gate 45 mins before departure I saw that boarding had started and majority of economy passengers had boarded. I was told there was a delay so better to wait in the business lounge. Only one announcement was made. No further announcements or information given. 70 mins later a large Indian tour party (40 persons) arrived at the gate and immediately a final call for boarding was issued and the flight took off. Clearly the flight of 500 persons was delayed to satisfy the tour party. Talking to fellow passengers at DXB, on the plane and at LGW it seems the reliability is slipping. The service on board is hit and miss and in fact last night's service DXB-LGW and the LGW ground support was the worst I have experienced.

Emirates Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Ron Thomas    (UK)

I'm a regular traveller, albeit mainly short haul. When visiting friends I wanted to experience a flight on an Airbus 380 in Business. Big disappointment, but waited to form an opinion until after the return flight. In my view there are just too many business class passengers to cabin crew and it is just not possible to get the level of service you expect from a business class flight. Significantly inferior to other aircraft configurations. Food quality was poor and you are left without being asked if you would like a glass of wine to go with your meal. By the time they arrive the meal is finished. I would recommend you avoid this if you want a high level experience. I usually try to fly via Doha with Qatar when going in this direction, and will return to that route of travel in future.

Emirates Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Rod McGuire    (Australia)

SYD-DXB-CDG and CMN-DXB. Seating is tight, particularly on the 777 compared to the A380 (don't like the 10 abreast idea). Cabin staff look good and do everything expected of them but do seem a little cold and lack warmth. Was disappointed that both DXB arrivals were at remote gates which makes the arrival experience tedious. Used the Dubai Connect hotel/transfer service from Casablanca (connecting onto Qantas at DXB) which is a godsend. Was impressed how efficiently it all worked. DXB airport is huge but works reasonably well. Enjoyed using the Business Lounge, possible because of my Qantas Club membership. IFE is excellent.

Emirates Customer review :  22 April 2014 by E Jasienski    (South Korea)

I flew from Copenhagen to Dubai in January 2014, on the brand new 777-ER. The seats were comfortable and the service was excellent. For the entertainment you didn't need to use the corded control, they supplied you with a tablet to control your entertainment. If you didn't like the screen, or you wanted to play games the tablet was a great option. I had some problems with the people in front of me. It was a family of 3, the child tossed crisps onto me, and the parents couldn't care less. Staff said nothing to the parents.

Emirates Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Roger Stone    (Australia)

HKG-DXB-MXP (Malpensa Milan) in Business Class - my first experience with Emirates and an excellent experience overall. Superb service, food and wine. As a Qantas Platinum I was able to use the Emirates First Class Lounge while in transit through Dubai and was served a delicious lunch and fine wine with impeccable service. In regards to the flights themselves, I cannot think of a single negative comment to make.

Emirates Customer review :  20 April 2014 by N Spears    (USA)

Flew from LAX to Dubai on 3/25/14 and back on 4/15/14. The service level was poor! The food was lousy and the bathrooms were dirty and out of stock! There were trash on the cabin floor and none of the attendants bothered to pick it up! The food trays stayed in front of passengers for at least 40 minutes before they were picked up. The internet connection was very poor and I kept being disconnected every few seconds! When passengers, myself included used the button to call an attendant, no one paid any attention! Mine was on for 30 minutes before an attendant turned it off while he was passing by and didn't even bother to ask me why I turned it on!

Emirates Customer review :  17 April 2014 by A Firmansyah    (USA)

EK231, April 14 2014. Overall experience: unsatisfactory, rude flight attendants. My first time flying economy class with Emirates and I will never use them again. Flight attendants were rude when serving meals. My wife was asked what kind of food she would like and she said chicken. In a rude tone the flight attendant said they were out of chicken and only had vegetarian while throwing the meal to my wife. When serving the second meals (breakfast), the same thing happened. Finally she came back with the food of our choice.

Emirates Customer review :  17 April 2014 by N Sutherland    (UK)

I've flown Emirates on a regular basis for 6 or 7 years and it seems the reliability is slipping. LGW-BKK-LGW - all flights were late (up to 1.5 hours) except the DXB-LGW leg. 2.5 hour connections in DXB are now becoming very tight and stressful due to lateness of flights and the inordinate amount of bussing in DXB. Check-In (online) on all flights excellent. As for the flights themselves, all very full, so Emirates must be doing something right. Cabin Service in Business is OK, but nothing special and in Economy is very much dependent on the crew - can be highly variable. On the plus side the in flight entertainment is good, the prices are competitive and frequent fliers are frequently upgraded. The bad news is that Emirates seem to be expanding faster than DXB is, so I don't see the transit experience getting any better any time soon.

Emirates Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Junaid Shareef    (Canada)

EK242, Toronto to Dubai, 4/9/2014. EK524, Dubai to Hyderabad India, 4/10/2014. It was a great experience, this was my first time with this airline. Excellent customer service, crew members were very helpful. The complimentary food was excellent.

Emirates Customer review :  15 April 2014 by S Tivoli    (USA)

April 6 to April 11. Flight 206 from New York and 205 from Milan, Italy. I was very surprised to learn upon check in that the carry on requirements for economy consists of one bag that has to weigh no more than 7 kilos. In my entire life, I have never had my carry on bag weighed so this was surprising. Many carry on bags can weigh up to 8 lbs for just the bag depending on the construction, so 7 kilos is unreasonable to an extreme. Otherwise, the flight was more enjoyable than most, but given this unreasonable weight requirement, I cannot fly Emirates again, unfortunately. My carryon was weighed which put me into a position to have to decide if I should check an expensive camera and laptop and how to do that, for which there really was no solution. A supervisor eventually came over, took one fast look at the contents of my carry on, without me saying anything, and said it's fine, but there was a good 10 minutes of discussing what to do before that.

Emirates Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Misra Shlok    (UAE)

Flew on 31/10/2013 from Dubai to New Delhi. It was a pleasant flight and luckily got upgraded to Business class at the boarding counter. Nice and pleasant cabin crew and a nice, spacious seat. The food was good, but the service during the meals was satisfactory. We were introduced to a variety of snacks throughout the flight. The In-Flight system was excellent and it was easy to pass the 3 hours.

Emirates Customer review :  11 April 2014 by J Laing    (UK)

Flew 27/01/14 from Glasgow to Dubai for the first time in business class and couldn't fault it! I was mesmerised with the room for a start and the service couldn't have been better. Although a bit slow on boarding the plane but didn't realise that all passengers enter via business class? Doesn't make sense to me!

Emirates Customer review :  11 April 2014 by A Obaidy    (Canada)

April 9, 2014. This is my second trip from Dubai to Toronto, both trips had the same problems: Delay at Dubai airport. Rude staff. Food was bad. It was not worth the money. It's a direct flight, but too many headaches involved. Unfortunately unpleasant experience.

Emirates Customer review :  11 April 2014 by S Stephen    (Switzerland)

My second time with Emirates, I flew from GVA-DXB-CGK vv. All the flights were better than I expected/experienced. I have flown with Emirates in 2011 and these flight were much better. Flight attendants were attentive (especially my flight from CGK to DXB), food was nice as expected, nothing to complain about with the seat, and best entertainment system ICE. All flights were on time. Cabin onboard clean and nice mood lighting system with star lights.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Jane Sutton    (UK)

Manchester to Perth, business class. Experience from Manchester to Dubai was very disappointing. Boarding was chaotic and very disorganised, the service from the young male attendants very poor. They had run out of my food choice and the business section was almost empty. The food I was given, the seafood stew was inedible. The TV did not work, a lady did move me but that was just an hour before we landed. All in all a bad experience. Considering the cost of the flight, I have travelled with Emirates in economy and the service was better. Flight from Dubai to Perth was better, the attendants were excellent - what a difference that made.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Ed Olbes    (USA)

Overall service: unsatisfactory. Flight 232 on 3/1/14 from Washington DC to Dubai. Plane was dirty and flight attendants were rude. These people needs to be retrain as far as providing good customer service to their passengers. Example: It took almost 2 hours to clear the trays after we ate. Upon arriving in Dubai, we had to walk from one end of the concourse to the other end to catch our connecting flight from Dubai to the Philippines. Upon reaching the gate we were told we had to go back to where we came from to catch the same flight. After another hour or so of waiting we were told to go to another place to catch the plane, this was when we were put in a shuttle and driven to where the plane was. Upon boarding I asked one of the flight attendants of what was going on and instead of listening she started arguing with me. This was my first time flying with this airlines and will be my last.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Simon Matthews    (UK)

EK5102, 1/4/14 seat 34b, return 5/4/14 on 43a. I have had the pleasure of flying LHR-DXB-LHR on their A380 airbus which is truly king of the skies! Their economy seat 42A is superb. The seat and their ICE entertainment is first class! The level of service is second to none. I have flown Virgin many times, Emirates is in a league of their own! I would thoroughly recommend them as they were fantastic!

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Carole Seddon    (UK)

We travelled from Perth to Manchester via Dubai. Perth to Dubai was ok. Dubai to Manchester was a disgrace. There were 3 choices of food on the menu, beef, chicken curry or a seafood dish. Our choice was beef, we were told there was none left. I don't eat curry and seafood is a definitely no no on a flight. I was offered a vegetarian option which was inedible. 2 hours into the flight which was 5pm all the lights went out and the blinds came down.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Alex Ryazanov    (Russia)

We flew from Dubai (DXB) to Moscow (DME) on April 6th, economy class, while our flight had been scheduled on April 5th. airline changed aircraft Airbus-380 to Boing-777 3 hours before departure without any notification. Airport check-in machine was returning error during our attempts, no information at check-in desks. Not all passengers could get their seats because of B777 smaller capacity. However, airline provided hotel, meal and extra round-trip ticket. Flight was on-time. Flight was not very good, they ran out of food choices and food quality was awful. Overall service become worse.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Brian Calcutt    (Australia)

The measure of an airline is how they behave when things are not going right. My experience of this airline is that they tell lies and are a disorganized rabble. They were 2 hours late out of Sydney, which they blamed on the late arrival of the plane, however as the flight was leaving at 6.00 am and there is a curfew in Sydney, this was not true. We were told on check in that they would make up time in the air, which they did not. We were told they would make the connecting flights wait in Dubai, which they did not. The ground staff at Dubai were unprepared and uninformed as to what was planned for us. I will not use this airline again.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Imran Gilani    (USA)

Flew from JFK to Dubai in March 2014 with final destination Lahore, Pakistan. Liked the new A380 but economy seats are not comfortable as compared to 777. The worst part is window seats are useless because A380 double window distance is too wide to enjoy looking outside. The meal service was terrible both ways. Only 3 distinct ethnic foods in menu and usually then ran out off some of them (usually what I liked). I complained and was told that its very difficult to serve 400+ economy passengers and take care all of their food types. I was dismayed by the answer. Their 777 from Dubai to Lahore was old. I usually fly using PIA which is a direct flight from JFK to Lahore. Unless I want to see Dubai or this route is short, I will never use Emirates to go to Pakistan. Don't see any major difference. PIA is not bad at all when you actually compare with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Jane Sutton    (UK)

Emirates Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Sharisse Smith    (USA)

Washington Dulles (IAD) direct to Dubai. I have no complaints at all for this flight. My complaint comes from my return. Was at the airport (Dubai) 3 hours early. No problem going through security. I will just skip to the problem. Poor communication. We were delayed 7 hours, yes 7 hours and no one to tell us anything. We sat on the plane for 3 hours before we were told the plane was being taken out of service. Sat at the gate for another 3 hours and still no word. We finally heard from passengers that had been inquiring that we needed to be at gate B32 from B18 and the plane will depart in an hour. Really. No one from the airlines said a word. Once we got on board, there weren't any problems. Communication is key.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax