Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  13 June 2014 by K Morris    (New Zealand)

Flew Wellington - Sydney - Bangkok, return. Having booked with Emirates legs were actually with Qantas (partner airline). This was made clear at booking. However, Qantas schedule changed prior to flying which gave a very short connection in Sydney, then the Wellington-Sydney plane was late, but Qantas air hostess rang through and arranged for a buggy to meet me at the terminal and fast-track me to the gate for the Emirates flight. They closed the gate immediately after I arrived for my flight which I appreciated. However, I was seated at the very back of my flight and, knowing my predicament, no effort was made to help me off the plane first to make my connection. I arrived in Bangkok to discover that though I had made the connection my bag had not, and would not come for another 17 hours. The Emirates staff person at Bangkok informed me off this but gave no apology. They promised to deliver the bag to me, but as I was two hours out of Bangkok and in a rural area my host had little confidence that a courier would actually make the delivery so we decided to come back to the airport ourselves to collect the bag. Effectively I lost a day and extra money for taxis etc, and have still had no apology from the airline. I have flown several times with Emirates and am a member of their skywards programme, and this is the first significant complaint, normally they are very good.

Emirates Customer review :  13 June 2014 by N Sutherland    (UK)

LGW-DXB-MNL round trip, Economy. Excellent and very efficient Check-in at LGW and very generous 42kg baggage allowance for Skywards Silver. On time Departures and Arrivals for all flights apart from MNL-DXB which was 1.5 hours late in leaving MNL due to "Immigration Delays" for 15 passengers. Not Emirates fault as such but I'd have thought the Captain would have had a cut-off time with many more passengers (myself included) having tight onward connections in DXB. In fairness they made up 30 minutes en route. In Dubai passengers with tight connections on late arriving flights are usually gathered together and accompanied through the terminal and allowed to make their connection after the 45-minute cut off period stipulated by Emirates - usually. Cabin Service on all flights was perfectly acceptable, but the seats on both the B-777 and A380's are not the best. Food in Economy was of a high standard with plenty of drinks choices. The IFE on Emirates is still amongst the best on any airline and eases the journey considerably. Good value on the ticket price and I'll continue to use Emirates as my first choice.

Emirates Customer review :  11 June 2014 by V Paritosh    (India)

Flew BLR-DXB-FCO and IST-DXB-BLR. All flights were B777-300ER. Good seats and excellent ICE entertainment systems. I Had all window seats, which we very comfortable and had enough legroom. Food and beverages served were good, but took a long time take away the trays. Overall good and satisfactory experience and would surely consider travelling again.

Emirates Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Hasnat Raunaque    (UK)

London-Dubai-Dhaka and Dhaka-Dubai-London - Business Class. Average service apart from the Dubai to London leg on our way back, this was terrible! The cabin crew member who looked after us clearly didn't want to be on the flight, she seemed uninterested and tired from the start of the flight. Food wasn't business class standard at all. The sandwich was extremely oily which I didn't like and sent back, the replacement - biriyani (main course) was dry followed by sad looking dry sandwiches for afternoon tea and there was no brownie after the sandwiches as the menu stated.

Emirates Customer review :  10 June 2014 by S McKee    (UK)

Flight from Heathrow to Dubai very good on the A380, comfort, service and entertainment all good. Changing aircraft at Dubai for Perth was appalling. Had to get 2 lifts, a 6 minute train ride, a 15 minute walk and then an 8 minute bus ride from the gate out to the plane and then a climb up a large flight of steps to the plane. Had no time to use the business class lounge as the transfer gate was so far from where the first leg of the journey arrived. This may have been due to all the construction going on everywhere at the airport. My advice would be to avoid Dubai if possible for at least a year until they are better organised.

Emirates Customer review :  10 June 2014 by D Wolters    (Australia)

PER-DXB-SEA and LHR-DXB-PER. I have flown Emirates many times now, all these flights were fantastic. Departed and arrived on time, service great on all flights, and apart from out of Perth, all meals were delicious including the best economy meal I have ever eaten on one flight.

Emirates Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

AMS-CPT via DXB. Easy check in at AMS and departure area spacious and good control of boarding. Had rear row to myself so able to stretch out. Transfer at DXB straightforward but does involve a fair amount of walking and a train connection. But well signed. Flight to CPT on B777. Fairly full but comfortable. Staff great as I usually find and very helpful. Special meal provided as ordered. ICE entertainment excellent. Flights arrived on time or within 30 mins of schedule.

Emirates Customer review :  9 June 2014 by R Jones    (UK)

BEY-DXB-LHR, Economy. Emirates continue to set the overall bench mark. Flawless crew and aircraft all on a very well priced ticket. But the food standards have dropped dramatically or should I say the product has somewhat become much cheaper and basic. This is a pity. Food on both sectors was only edible because people were hungry. I note that Alcoholic drinks are kept generally hidden from the public eye to perhaps give the impression that they are not available. The fabulous ICE, IFE has somewhat shrunk too. But again, they are probably the best overall.

Emirates Customer review :  6 June 2014 by D Lysaght    (New Zealand)

19th May, CHC-SYD-BKK-DXB-LHR, 31st May, LHR-DXB-BKK-SYD-CHC. On all legs apart from DXB-LHR and LHR-DXB flew on 777-300er and on the DXB legs A380. I have to agree with others who have written about the cramped conditions imposed by the use of 3x4x3 cabin layout and the impact it has on both passenger comfort and cabin crew mobility. Of the two aircraft's I flew on, I found the window seat most comfortable on the 777-300er, curvature of the aircraft body interior on the A380 ate into what little legroom there was. The cabin crew for the most part was professional and good at their job, however on the flight from DXB-LHR there was an issue regarding careless parents and a wilful toddler, intent on roaming the aisle and not strapped in as we prepared for take off, which an obviously inexperienced FA did not have the confidence to deal with. I found all food offered, and on such a long series of flights there was a lot of food offered, to be acceptable, not amazing but acceptable, and the drinks service adequate. If I asked for anything it was brought promptly and with good grace. On my return journey I had a crashing headache and had nothing to take for it in my carry-on. When asking if there was anything onboard for a headache a FA swiftly brought me two Panadol and a glass of water for which I was most grateful. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel used for my Dubai Connect transit stop. I was taken to the Arabian Park hotel and having read some of the horror stories about the Copthorne I was pleased with my allocation. However it was not easy or clear where I was to go to at DXB to avail of the Dubai Connect offer as there is no signage for it specifically and it was trial and error that found it and not due to any help from staff at DXB. If I have any complaints at all about my flights they are mostly about some of my fellow passengers who seemed to go out of their way to make the rest of us uncomfortable and the irrational 3x4x3 cabin layouts. One of these things Emirates can change, the other they can't. My final thoughts about my flights are this and one concerns the blatant disregard many of my fellow passengers had for the carry on baggage protocols. The lack of enforcement regarding carry on quotas results in overhead bins being so stuffed that some of us had no space to stow baggage of legitimate size and quantity anywhere near our seats. The other being the reliance of the IFE system to divert us from the cramped cabin conditions. Let's face it, no movie is going to stop FAs bumping passengers in aisle seats or avert the ridiculous situation of a 3x4x3 cabin layout.

Emirates Customer review :  6 June 2014 by John Samson    (New Zealand)

EK418, BKK-CHC via SYD. Fantastic as usual. Comfortable 777-300ER no issues at all. Crew were superb all the way, food was exceptional and the alcohol flowed freely. ICE movies and music exceptional. Arrived on time into SYD and early into CHC. Emirates really are up there with the best of them.

Emirates Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Aaron Chia    (Singapore)

I took flight EK405 from Melbourne to Singapore. My Flight was at 1800 and it departed on time. The cabin crew were very helpful and its customer service was great. The personal television was big and there was a great choice of movies. The cabin lighting was great too. I took the B777-300ER and the seating arrangement was 3-4-3. It was rather cramped but the overall experience was great and I would recommend and definitely take Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  6 June 2014 by John Samson    (New Zealand)

CHC-BKK via SYD codeshare with QF. Departed Christchurch on QF138, 737-800, plane full, service ok, food quality ok and served with a smile. Unfortunately we were seated right down the back by the toilet so after breakfast people queued beside us to use. Landed in Sydney then transferred to QF A330 to BKK. Old plane, broken seat, great crew made up for it. I don't understand why Emirates has joined up with Qantas, the Emirates experience is far superior to what Qantas can offer.

Emirates Customer review :  6 June 2014 by J West    (Australia)

I flew on 777s from Sydney to Bangkok to Dubai to Geneva. Nice food and good entertainment. The first two legs were full planes and the service suffered because of it. The staff were pretty scarce for much of these flights, but they were responsive if you managed to get their attention. I thought it a bit unprofessional that they were often chatting and laughing at the back of the plane while the poor people sitting back there tried to sleep. On the last leg the plane was only half full and the service much better. But at least 20 screens weren't working at all - luckily there were lots of other empty seats to move to.

Emirates Customer review :  5 June 2014 by S Turner    (UK)

LHR-DXB-LHR. First flight on the Emirates A380. Compared to B777 seats were wider but legroom felt the same. Flight was quieter and smoother than B777. Check in in LHR was good with no queuing and friendly staff. Check-in in DXB no so good, 20 minute queue with certain locals known to Airline staff being allowed to jump queue. Check in agent did not smile once. Boarding on both flights very efficient with no queuing or crowding on aircraft or airbridge. Service on outbound flight no so good, no drinks served until after meal, only one trolley drink service and no breakfast or food before early morning 6.30am arrival. Long wait for trays to be collected. Service on return better with drinks service before and after meal and light afternoon staff. Again long wait for trays to be cleared. Adequate number of toilets on flights with no significant queuing. In flight entertainment superb, with good quality screen, let down by poor control sensitivity.

Emirates Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Froggett Jerry    (UK)

LHR-DXB-LHR with Emirates, both ways on A380. Aircraft is truly fantastic, as we were heading away for a last minute holiday with our son we plumped for economy rather than business which we would usually go for if we had booked further in advance, however the comfort of the economy seats on the A380 is superb and fine for 6.5 hours each way. Managed 4 hours sleep on both flights which is something of a rarity for me too. Unfortunately, as I've always found with Emirates, seemingly irrespective of class booked, the cabin crew were absolutely terrible from start to finish on both flights. Bless them, they look great in their smart uniforms, and clearly only better looking examples are chosen to wear it. Sadly, this comes with a built in 'chip on the shoulder' which I've seen on every Emirates flight (more than thirty) which I've taken over the past decade or so. Slow, surly service was the order of the day on both sectors. On the outbound flight, more than two hours after departure for a meal, which for a flight departing at 2040 was very disappointing as it minimised sleep opportunities. Food nice, and plenty of it. A request for a second glass of wine was met by a retort from a French stewardess: "I have more than 500 passenger today, so I get it when I can". I replied that as she had 23 colleagues on board she needed only to worry about 21 passengers, and had nearly seven hours in which to do it. Needless to say, my wine was forgotten and I helped myself from the galley instead. Another member of cabin staff ignored my son completely, even though he is more than capable of asking for his own drinks. On the way home, a two hour ground delay due to passenger illness before departure was handled by the service of half full glasses of water only. Not impressive. Sad really, because the aircraft and the product is very good. Just delivered very poorly. My airline of choice is BA.

Emirates Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Sheffield Susan    (UK)

We travelled from Heathrow-Dubai-Cape Town. The aircraft was a 777 all sectors, this airline has to be the most uncomfortable and over rated. The seats were crammed in 3x4x3, so narrow and with narrow aisles to. The whole experience was exhausting. The staff were indifferent and you could tell they couldn't wait to get off and avoid the suffering stares from the trussed up passengers. I would suggest think long and hard before booking if the aircraft is a 777. I understand most airlines had 3x3x3 set up, which is civilised. Food was ok, TV ok and all on time. Transfer at Dubai ok, nothing special though.

Emirates Customer review :  2 June 2014 by H Smith    (UK)

LHR-DXB-HKT. Codeshare with Qantas on way out for first leg of the journey. Emirates for the 2nd keg and both sectors for the return. Very nice and able to use BA Business lounge at LHR. Had an excellent vegetable curry before the flight. Arrived at Dubai and followed signs for gate and Business lounge only to be told we were at the terminal. Signage was poor and quite a few other people made the same mistake. Phuket airport was confusing as the terminal is not well signed. Again business class so whisked through security and passport control so no need to queue. Coral Lounge at Phuket is very small and serves First and Business class, it is also a lounge were you can pay to enter. NO wines or spirits are on offer, was told to go outside and buy wine if I wanted it. The toilets are also a few minutes walk away from the lounge. Dubai again on way back and was told the gate was B16 (the terminal we were at). Luckily I noticed on the departure board that it had changed to A13. No announcement so not sure if anyone missed the flight as it entailed another shuttle train to B gates. New A380 plane and was very nice, food etc all good as were the staff.

Emirates Customer review :  2 June 2014 by M Sayedahmed    (UAE)

EK751, Dubai to Casablanca on May 8th, 2014. Using miles to upgrade from business to first class on a recent Dubai to Casablanca flight, I was beyond disappointed in the product and the experience from what I had considered a world class airline, eager to stand out amongst its strong rivals like Etihad or Qatar Airways. Not only was the cabin crew service rude and sporadic, the inflight entertainment system was faulty, the first class catering was not offered and the headsets were defective. And when all this was reported to customer service, there was a very passive response to the feedback. This airline was once a star but it is definitely falling from grace.

Emirates Customer review :  29 May 2014 by D Johnson    (UK)

Flight EK 421, Perth to Dubai, 6th May 2014. I have flown the Glasgow to Perth via Dubai route several times however this was by far the worst experience, economy was full and as anyone that has flown on the Emirates 700-300 will know due to the 3x4x3 seat configuration how cramped this can be. For long periods of time sometimes up to an hour despite there not being turbulence the seat belt sign was kept on so people couldn't go to the bathroom despite cabin crew walking around freely resulting in long queues when the sign was turned off. It made for an uncomfortable 10.5 hour flight. Connecting flight to Glasgow was okay.

Emirates Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Nattiya Plengkhum    (UK)

My flights were EK16, LGW-DXB, 26 May 2014 connecting EK384, DXB-BKK, 27 May 2014. Ground staff both at Gatwick and Dubai were polite and friendly. Very quick and smooth checking in and boarding. Both flights were on time. Cabin crews were definitely helpful, smiley and attentive. F&B were quite nice. I chose yoghurt chicken curry with rice from Gatwick and Chicken Congee from Dubai. Toilets and cabin were kept clean. Inflight entertainment with live news, so many choices of movies, TV shows, games and music. Large individual screen though. My headset from EK384, DXB-BKK wasn't working but I got another one which was fine. It was my first time flying with EK and I must say everything was beyond my expectation. I'm absolutely impressed by their excellent services. Much better than Etihad's. Worth every penny. Highly recommended.

Emirates Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Manootham Steven    (Germany)

HAM-DXB: Check-In Staff at HAM extremely rude. I had a long discuss about the weight of my handbag. EK allows strictly only 7 kg. handbag incl. Cameras, Laptop, reading materials, umbrella. As per IATA rule those carry-on personal items can be carried free of charges into the cabin without weighing and counting to the handbag but not by EK. HAM-DXB on EK 62 (B777) late evening flight took off at 21.25 Hrs. Very cramped seats and very slow service, I got my dinner served at 23.30 hrs, 2 hours after take-off. After 5 hours transit at DXB airport for onward flight to BKK with EK 372 (A380). After boarding we were informed about the 2 hours delay but we were not allowed to get off the aircraft so had to sit in the full A380 (fortunately seats are more comfortable than B777) with no drink or meal service. During the delay crews were hidden and enjoyed talking with themselves in the galleys. After taking off with a 2 hours delay crews still needed another 2.5 hours before starting to serve meals to hungry passengers. Quality and quantity of food was poor. Only 1 drink was served 1 hour later. After 2 hours trays were collected with the offering of tea or coffee. Poor cleanliness during the flight, toilets were not cleaned or controlled. I notified the crew that one toilet had run out of tissue but nothing happened.

Emirates Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Don Walsh    (Belgium)

My spouse and I flew first class Christchurch-Sydney-Dubai-Frankfurt 16 November 2013. Our second flight on our return itinerary (outward from Frankfurt to Christchurch was also with Emirates in Business Class), Sydney to Dubai was cancelled due to a rainstorm at Sydney airport, which meant we had to deplane after approx three hours on board and spend all night in Sydney airport waiting for our luggage to be returned and then re-queue to be re-booked on a new flight. It was an A380 so there were hundreds of people involved, yet almost no Emirates Staff available or information provided. At re-check-in, we asked to be re-routed to Paris rather than Frankfurt, as we realised that the new routing to Frankfurt meant we would not be able to reach Brussels - our final destination by train connection the same day, and so would have to stay in a hotel overnight in Germany. We made repeated requests to be re-routed, and we knew there was availability in the first class cabin on the Paris flight. Yet, despite all our requests, nobody seemed prepared to understand our predicament or accede to our request. We also noticed that the level of service – nd attitudes of staff - differed substantially across flights. While some were outstanding, such as the First Class leg from Christchurch to Sydney (probably because we were the only people in the first class cabin), service on other legs was sometimes surly, and when our problems arose on the return leg, we had the impression that staff were more interested in keeping us quiet and fobbing us off than sincerely wanting to help resolve our travel dilemma. For example, the Senior Purser onboard suggested we use their on-board WiFi and telephone service to enquire about being re-scheduled onto the Paris flight as it was “not very expensive” - I later discovered a €50 charge on my credit card statement! Upon landing in Dubai, we enquired with ground staff about changing to the later flight to Paris, but Dubai ground staff shouted at us that we were obliged to take the Frankfurt flight as our luggage had already been checked through to Frankfurt and that we would have to pay penalties for changing our routing. So all in all, we have at best mixed feelings about our Emirates Experience in-flight given what was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime in First Class, but definitely disappointed at their mediocre response to a fairly simple request to be re-routed and lack of customer care afterwards. All-in-all, we probably will not be travelling with Emirates again.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |