Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Francis Soriano    (Philippines)

We have been flying for Emirates for four years and the service is still amazing. My last flight was DXB-MNL, in Business Class. It was a log-haul flight, 9.05 hours. This was the first time I've experienced Business Class and it was superb! The seats were lie-flat, the crew were (very) friendly and tried to keep you well-fed, the IFE System is still excellent and the Lounge was very good. Definitely going to fly with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  10 September 2014 by J Richardson    (Australia)

We flew economy from Paris to Sydney via Dubai. It was my first time flying with Emirates so I was unsure what to expect. Everything was great! Great seats which recline enough to relax in economy. Enough TV shows and movies which kept me entertained and for my wife who prefers things in Arabic there was also subtitles on mostly everything for her. What we did do to make things a little easier was the first leg Paris to Dubai, I purposely selected a flight with the 13 hour layover so we left France in the morning, arrived Dubai around 8pm. Explored the shops, visited the spa for a massage then stayed in the Airport Hotel over night for our connecting flight the next morning. It was the first time I had done it this way, normally just allowing 2-3 hours wait between flights but then usually you are so tired on that second flight you sleep and in economy its not the most comfortable which ever airline you choose as you are not in a lie flat bed. So did that and left the follow morning for Dubai to Sydney. This was a long flight though entertainment system is fantastic. The food for me was nice though my wife did not like any of the hot food. All in all it was a great flight and I will fly with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Sharon Mae    (Austria)

August 11-12, flight EK127 and EK335. The crew gets sloppier and sloppier! We've flown MNL-DXB-VIE and the crew seemed to react more to a Pax with two Infants rather than one? We didn't get anything for my Infant and the other seat got something? They didn't even ask how old my infant was. All in all I think the service was not as good as always. The crew from DXB-VIE was very slow and seemed so busy that you didn't want to request anything.

Emirates Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Carl Taylor    (UK)

Flew London to Bangkok via Dubai. London to Dubai was reasonable, no complaints. Other than I had the only seat with the inflight entertainment not working. However the service staff reset this and it began to work. Good choice of films. The entertainment also includes sport, TV shows, latest movies, movie classics and music. The food was good - I had salmon for starter with a yoghurt chicken and sticky toffee pudding. The best flight food I have had. The breakfast wasn't bad either. The seats weren't too good though - slight lack of legroom. Dubai to Bangkok started slightly late but made up the time. Nice choice of newspapers and magazines for in flight use as well. Food on this leg not so good but still reasonable. I had a fish curry which was quite edible. I cant really comment on value for money as I paid for my ticket as a RTW flight so I didn't know the cost of this ticket.

Emirates Customer review :  7 September 2014 by N Woodcock    (UK)

Flew from BHX to Hong Kong (via Dubai and Bangkok) in August 2014. Now after 15 odd long haul flights on Emirates over the last 4 years I can safely say they are not as good as they used to be. The tired old 777 from BHX to DXB was awful, the entertainment didn't work, the crew were grumpy and the food was tasteless. I must say the A380 from DXB to Hong Kong was a vast improvement apart from the crew. I appreciate some passengers can be tricky to control when they stand up during taxing and landing etc, but other passengers should not be able to hear attendants be very rude about them to their colleagues.

Emirates Customer review :  7 September 2014 by T Skewes    (Australia)

DXB-ADL. My wife received an email from Emirates about upgrading, what a great choice to do so. We had seats 10 D,E. This was our first time in International BC and what an experience, from the time we were dropped at DXB terminal 3 business class check-in, throughout the flight and disembarking, a fantastic way to end our holiday. International BC with Emirates from now on.

Emirates Customer review :  7 September 2014 by T Skewes    (Australia)

ADL-DXB-LHR. My first time flying with Emirates and enjoyed the journey, Boeing 777ER. Check-in was quick and efficient as was the boarding. We were seated in row 19 A,B for the flight to DXB. Nice and comfortable seating, the in flight entertainment is excellent as was the food and service. We arrived in DXB on time and had a 2 hour layover before our flight onto LHR. The LHR leg was on the A380 in row 43A,B. Once again boarding for us was quick and efficient, the flight was smooth and the cabin service very good along with the food and beverage. Arrived in LHR on time but would have been earlier as we were held up by ATC. A great experience with Emirates and will definitely fly again.

Emirates Customer review :  7 September 2014 by T Skewes    (Australia)

MXP-DXB. This was the first leg of our returning home. Once again check-in was quick and efficient as well as boarding. We were sitting in row 19 A,B and had no issues. The cabin staff were friendly and efficient and the food very good. We arrived into DXB on time and then transported to by bus to the arrivals area. Overall and once again a great experience flying with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  7 September 2014 by I Paterson    (Dubai)

Monday 25th August 2014, EK 776. DUR to DXB, have been Skywards Gold for many years, always had good to excellent service on Emirates. This flight however was one of the worst. Food service has always been prompt after takeoff to allow pax to sleep and breakfast left to the last minute. 2 hours after takeoff and food was served, many pax asking for main or asking for table cloth, etc. to be removed. Throughout the night there was constant noise from the galley, banging of plates, crew talking loudly, leaving curtain open (I closed it 3 times). Breakfast served 2.5 hours before landing so total sleep time was about 3 hours (normally I get 5 to 6 on this flight). Friend in economy said no breakfast was served and every time he asked for a drink it never came. Hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Emirates Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Monique Melis    (UK)

I fly Emirates as often as I can and if they had a route from Heathrow to JFK no one would fly either BA or Virgin to NY. This week I flew BA to Dubai for business and Emirates back (only because it was last minute and Emirates was full on the way to Dubai). I flew business class and was upgraded to First just as I was walking on board the plane. It was a complete surprise but they really look after both their silver and the gold card members very well. BA does nothing of the sort. The plane was clean, the food superb, the staff lovely. It honestly is one of the best experiences in flying on earth and they have really got their product right. It puts their competition to shame. Well done Emirates!

Emirates Customer review :  7 September 2014 by C Sandu    (UAE)

LAX-DXB on business class. Cabin crew were extremely unfriendly. I've been a gold member on Emirates for the last 3 years, and recently I'm more and more disappointed with the quality of service and the value for money.

Emirates Customer review :  2 September 2014 by L Robin    (Thailand)

BKK-DXB-KWT Been upgraded in First, excellent at every level. Service was spotless, food was great and wine was fantastic. Always amazed by this airline. My return to BKK was in Biz, really good on A380, had a great sleep.

Emirates Customer review :  2 September 2014 by R Morawek    (Netherlands)

DXB-AMS in a 777-300er. Booked a economy ticket full fare one day in advance. Received a upgrade to business class when ariving at airport. Great seats, staff and diner although Inflight Entertainment felt a little bit worn out in this 777, (A380 had a better system) nice flight and on time!

Emirates Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Karla Gotting    (Australia)

Flew ADL-DXB-BHX return on 777 all the way. Seats felt smaller (not sure if they are) and the service was below average. I had to ask numerous times for a drink, on the long let the seat belt signs were on for 8 hours so I could not help myself to water but they did not bring trays of water/juice around regularly either. Everything seemed to be too much trouble. On the return leg from BHX-DXB the flight was not full and many women with children moved away from their sleeping husbands to sit next to other customers who were probably hoping to curl up on the extra seat. They allowed their children to claw the hair of passengers in front and change channels of those behind. They were not asked to return to their seats and one even changed a nappy on the seat and at no time was approached by cabin crew. The food was fairly awful and I was forgotten for over an hour when they ran out of my choice (though I was happy to have anything). It wasn't cheap, $2400 AUD return but they are direct from Adelaide.

Emirates Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Larsson Fredrik    (Sweden)

I travel a lot around the world. Flew with Emirates from Stockholm to Dubai and from Dubai to Sydney and later on from Auckland to Melbourne and back to Sweden from Dubai again. All flights were on time, the staff was so friendly, service on the flight was top notch! Can't complain about anything really. I would travel with Emirates again that's for sure!

Emirates Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Jezrel Sabaduquia    (USA)

DXB-JFK on the A380. Boarding and departure was delayed by nearly an hour due to the late arrival of inbound aircraft. Seats were comfortable but worn out. No footrests but legroom was great, especially at the back of the plane when it started to curve. Entertainment system as expected is simply the best in the industry. The choices of movie, shows, music and cool things like exterior cameras is virtually endless. However, this was the only exceptional part of the flight. Flight attendants, with the exception of one or two, looked exhausted, disinterested and frankly very rude. I've never encountered such bad mannered and grumpy flight attendants. I've had wonderful and memorable crews on domestic flights here in the United States, and the crew on this flight was just a disappointment. Service calls were constantly ignored and service was extremely slow. It took them more than two hours to serve dinner that the sun already rose, so it might as well be called breakfast. Catering was another disappointment, while the quantity is good, the quality and choice is disappointing. Omelette or scrambled eggs for breakfast? So basically it's a choice between an egg dish or an egg dish. Also, the bathrooms were filthy and the cabin was a disaster. Only good part was the cool mood lighting. Overall, it was a mediocre flight, the hard product is competitive but Emirates' customer service from ground staff to flight attendant is just inconsistent and most of the time cold and unfriendly.

Emirates Customer review :  29 August 2014 by O Omar    (Egypt)

Flew CAI-DXB-CAI, Boeing 777-300ER on all sectors. Outbound was first day of Eid, loads in Y could not have been more than 60 people. Very pleasant flight, cabin crew friendly and efficient. Hot towels and a menu with 2 options, lamb kofta or chicken. Seats were okay for a 3 hour flight, but definitely not as comfortable as on the Qatar Airways or Egyptair 77Ws. On return flight, baggage was slightly over the 30kg allowance, and the baggage drop agent asked us to shift some stuff onto our carry-ons. While I have no problem with EK enforcing the 30kg rule, it did seem odd as the plane was going to carry the additional 2-3kg anyway, and in the end, the carry-on was taken by a gate agent to the luggage hold before boarding. Cabin crew were friendly and welcoming at all times, and promptly responded to passengers' requests. The service and EK Y product is what really makes a difference, and of course, the added advantage of flying non-stop as opposed to connecting.

Emirates Customer review :  29 August 2014 by T Mark    (Singapore)

I recently flew from Singapore to Melbourne on a Boeing 777. On the plus side, the fare was extremely cheap - $79 for a round trip ticket. The food was good and the entertainment system was enjoyable - especially the selection of movies. It was an overnight flight, though, so I didn't use the system much. The cabin mood lighting during "sleep" periods was also relaxing. On the negative side, the seats were quite uncomfortable, and I could not recline the seat enough to attain any sufficient degree of comfort to rest. Admittedly I was travelling in Economy class, but I have no trouble reclining the chair enough to fall asleep in economy class of most other major airlines. Unfortunately, the Emirates chair stopped short of achieving a comfortable level of relaxation, and I was only able to doze fitfully. The other thing I was disappointed with was the service. Emirates provided stickers to instruct the crew to wake us up for certain events (such as meals, DFS, etc). I used the sticker to instruct the crew to awake me for meals. However, they did not do so. The service was also not the friendliest - though that could probably be due partially to the timing of the flight, when the flight crew are undoubtedly tired too.

Emirates Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Ward    (UK)

Flew EK384 BKK-HKG today, my first Emirates flight in 2 years. Every time I fly this airline I swear I never will again - things have not improved. The planes are good, but the cabin crew are just horrendous. Without doubt Emirates is the rudest airline I have flown and they are not improving. Instead of asking passengers to do something, they demand it. Instead of asking if people would like a landing card, they say "where are you from?", I think in the entire flight I heard one please or thank you. I really don't care if they don't enjoy their jobs, but it would make for a pleasant experience for the pax if they weren't abrupt, surly and clumsy. I've flown economy and business and in all instance, staff attitude has been absolutely appalling. For completeness the flight was also an hour late, although compared to the staff this was only a minor annoyance.

Emirates Customer review :  29 August 2014 by G Oakley    (Australia)

Flew Sydney to Istanbul return in May and August. Booked through Qantas but didn't set foot on a Qantas plane. As a codeshare passenger you are a second class citizen. No online check-in and no seat selection, you get what's left at the airport. An unnecessary stop in Bangkok with even more unnecessary duplicated security checks, even we were just stepping off the plane then back on again. Flight and food were good, though I always score the entertainment system that doesn't work, they were able to move me to another seat (I wasn't able to sit with my wife anyway). One whinge, Emirates (and other airlines) really need to police their hand luggage policies. I'm sick of having my reasonably sized cabin bag under my feet because some selfish person has put a suitcase in the overhead locker. Hand luggage is for what you need on the flight, not overflow from your check-in bag.

Emirates Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Waltons    (UK)

19th August, GLA-DXB, DXB-MRU. Poor experience at silver skywards check in, glum emirates staff, when asked about upgrading (paid) to business class told "speak to someone at the lounge". Upstairs at lounge was told "there are 4 spare seats but you booked with a company so it's difficult to upgrade you". After 10 seconds of silence I put my credit card away. Upon boarding I was told "no seats in business class" despite what lounge said. Flight great, FA's a mix of good and poor, food and drink good, IFE good. DXB the usual chaos, refused entry to emirates lounge as "it's not family oriented". A380 boarding chaotic, request to pay to upgrade again met with "it's too complicated to do", FA's a mix of rude, disinterested and superb, flight good, food and drink good, IFE good. Flight on time. Emirates a strange mix, clearly not interested in anything below gold / platinum skywards in terms of service.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax