Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Emmanuel Guitard    (France)

EK842, DOH-DXB + EK075 DXB-CDG - Very disappointing flights experience with Emirates. Lounge in DOH + Boarding error in DXB + Seat broken on A380 + On board service, I could not escape the unpleasant experiences. Even the cabin crew, usually smiling, were unpleasant on both sectors and on DXB-CDG, made mistakes in bar service. My seat was broken on A380 DXB-CDG sector and didn't work at all on a fully booked flight… It's not the 1st time this year.

Emirates Customer review :  26 February 2014 by C Pyne    (Australia)

EK 313 and EK 312 - 17th Feb and 22nd Feb 2014. I've done 2 flights in the last week with Emirates 1 in Business and 1 in Economy and I have to say it's been very hit and miss with the service and food served. The Economy flight DXB to Tokyo and the return was in Business. Funny thing was the Economy journey was better, reasonable food and service. The seats were good for Economy class, decent pitch and leg room etc. The service in Business seemed very disorganized and slow and the food was very average. The seats I found very narrow and carried the vibrations of people walking past and the person next to me moving around. We were delayed nearly 5 hours on-route because of fog in Dubai which is not the airlines fault of course but a lack of communicating left everyone wondering what was going on. I was very surprised overall by the quality of the business experience. I'll be sticking with Qantas!

Emirates Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Michael Collins    (Australia)

My wife and I flew EK414, etd Dubai 0150 in January 2014. This is a direct flight Dubai to Sydney on the A380. The business seats on the Emirates A380 appear roomy, until you actually sit in one, when you realize that the arrangement of everything around you actually quite crowds you. The extension of the food and beverage tray leaves very little room to move. The bed is actually a flat bed, but the shoulder room is too squashed even for the average sized person that I am. This made it difficult to get any reasonable sleep. The hostess insisted on keeping the shutters down, for the full 14 hours of the flight, as we travelled from night to day and then into the night. I think that this contributed to our very first experience of jet lag, and we have done quite a bit of travelling. The business class bar is wasted space.

Emirates Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Michael Collins    (Australia)

My wife and I flew on EK419, etd Sydney 1845 last September. The first leg on this B777 took us to Bangkok, the second leg was to Dubai. Out of Sydney we tried to get some sleep, and the hostess provided us with a thin mattress each for the flat but reclining bed. This initially seemed comfortable, but we both awoke to find that we had slipped down the bed towards the footrest. On the second leg, we dispensed with the mattress and we both had some good sleep. The reclining bed proved to be surprisingly comfortable and there is plenty of shoulder room to turn over in.

Emirates Customer review :  21 February 2014 by D Hart    (Australia)

As we checked in at London Gatwick for Emirates flight EK0016, we were told the flight was delayed 1 hour, advised that there were around '30 of us' so there would probably be ground staff waiting for us to escort us to the connecting gate. We asked whilst in the air if we would make the connecting flight and were told we would arrive at 1am and therefore would have plenty of time to make our way to the connecting gate. Arrived at the airport, disembarked and were met by ground staff at 1.40am who advised us the connecting flight had already left. We were sat in the connecting flight area while our baggage claim tickets were taken from us, advised that they needed to rebook our flights. When we were given meal vouchers, at 2.20am I asked how long we would be waiting for, they couldn't give a time. Told we would be on the 9.55am Qantas flight to Sydney QF002. Given a hotel voucher and advised we needed to be back 2 hours before the flight to check-in. 5 hours at the hotel did not seem worth the hassle and we asked if we could instead use the Emirates lounge, told no to this request. We finally got to the hotel at 4.30am. When we finally arrived back at Dubai airport to check in to our rebooked flight, we were told that as it was an almost full flight, there were no seats next to each other left and that we would be sitting in separate aisles and middle seats. We did not pay extra money to be on a flight that arrived at a convenient time in Sydney, only to have this ordeal happen to us, and to be put on a full flight where we could not even sit next to the person we booked our flight with. Our dietary requirements were not carried over to the next flight, we were not given an apology for this or an alternative solution. other airline would have provided.

Emirates Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Mikael Nielsen    (Denmark)

Outbound, EK0062 from HAM-DXB (Aug 2nd 2013) and EK0372 from DXB-BKK (Aug 3rd 2013). Inbound, EK0373 from BKK-DXB (Jan 23rd 2014) and EK0061 from DXB-HAM (Jan 24th 2014). Entertainment system is above everything else I have tried. The food and drink options are the best I have tried in Economy. They offered juice and water multiple times after food was served and if you turned on your lights the staff came right away. On my way home, I had a few hours to spend in Dubai and one of the attendant took a lot of time to tell me about Dubai - what to see, transportation, how much money to exchange etc. Overall I more felt I was flying business than Economy.

Emirates Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Wright Phillip    (UK)

Flew MAN-DXB-KUL and return, flew on the new A380 the first leg and was very impressed with the seating meal and drink service plane only 1/2 full. Staff very friendly and efficient. The second leg was on the 777 to Melbourne Via KL. What a horrible journey, seating was very tight and plane was full to capacity. Service onboard was not good at all, food was bad and the drinks service only came once. Staff seemed to be more intent on chatting in the galley than actually serving the passengers. The return was no better from DXB to MAN but plane was not even half full so this made it a bit more bearable. Why does Emirates insist on over crowding the 777. Will only fly Emirates if the journey is on the A380.

Emirates Customer review :  20 February 2014 by D Lee    (Singapore)

Economy on EK405 (codeshare Qantas as QF8405) from Melbourne to Singapore on 19 Feb 2014. Emirates sent a B777-300 that was an older version without ICE digital, but IMHO it is still much better than those found on Qantas A330-300s. The flight was operating below capacity, hence most passengers had an entire row to themselves. Service staff ok, dinner decent and entertainment options were very good. All in all a generally good flight to Singapore - nothing special, but definitely not horrible. Worth flying again for the price paid.

Emirates Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Tejatanalert Sukasem    (Thailand)

Flight EK 384 from Bangkok to Hong Kong on Feb 13th 2014. The flight was delayed for almost an hour. However, they did arrive in Hong Kong 20 minutes late. The food and beverage was great and plentiful. The IFE good and the seat was comfortable for a short flight.

Flight EK 385 from Hong Kong to Bangkok on Feb 15th 2014. The flight left and arrived on time. The food and beverage was OK except coffee and tea was not served due to time constraints. IFE and seat was good.

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2014 by A Rigters    (UK)

BHX to CMB and back. The first flight to CMB was awful, we had to wait 2 hours more then expected, I had a baby and my son with me and they did not offer my children any meals or food for the whole flight. My son was upset because he did not receive the small backpack with colouring pencils and a colouring book (which you normally get for kids). The return flight however was pleasant, we did get food this time and the crew was friendly! We paid enough money for the ticket, so I hope next time will be a lot better on both flights.

Emirates Customer review :  17 February 2014 by P Bernard    (Japan)

Flew Manchester to Tokyo Haneda with transit in Dubai. Both planes 777. Was very happy to be upgraded from business to first between MAN and DXB. The free car service to/from airport was excellent. EK's lounge at MAN is world class - a full, free buffet restaurant and excellent showers with full hotel style towel pack on request. The business lounge at DXB also very good: full, free buffet restaurant service. Quite full, but so many seats that there was no problem in finding somewhere comfortable to sit. MAN-DXB: service in almost empty first cabin was exceptional, with stunning food and extremely comfortable private seat. DXB-HND: business seats a tad narrow, but long, offering a fair degree of privacy and slept well with the additional mattress provided. Food and service both extremely good. Plane was a little old and sad, and would have benefited from small repairs and adjustments to fittings, but everything worked and was very clean. I fly EK reasonably often, but can always find new content on the excellent ICE AV system. The Emirates' Saver Business ticket represented extremely good value even without the upgrade to first, several hundred pounds cheaper than European carriers with the plus of free car service included.

Emirates Customer review :  13 February 2014 by S Estes    (Australia)

Flew BKK-SYD on Feb 7th. Business class lounge closed for refurbishment. Very shocked at the low standard of the substitute Qantas lounge - extremely average. Cheap wine and almost no food. Business class cabin was full. Dinner service on overnight flight was average. No amenities kit on 9+ hour overnight flight. Surprisingly second rate IFE - no comparison with premium routes. Breakfast was continental - it consisted of fruit, dry croissant and coffee. Overall, this was an extremely average experience. The seats are fine so great for sleeping, but the service and product beyond that are non-existent.

Emirates Customer review :  12 February 2014 by Starr Lowie    (USA)

DMM-DXB and DXB-LAX. DMM-LAX: flight attendants look as if they don't want to be there, delayed flight due to late turn around of the plane. A general sense of being disorganized. Good: ICE system and fruit meal for an hour flight. DXB airport is too crowded, just too many people. DXB-LAX: full flight, with very little service throughout. Only one drinks service, call light largely ignored. Food was poor and service was an eternity, only one full meal. Snacks were not served. Seats are uncomfortable. Good: few FAs were attentive, toilets were clean and ICE system was good. Overall: not a good flight. I'm not looking forward to my return flight.

Emirates Customer review :  12 February 2014 by David Bryant    (Australia)

Flew a 777, Adelaide-Dubai-Istanbul - Reasonable service, but very slow. The A380 return flight, Amsterdam-Dubai - service was shocking. We had finished our entrée and were still waiting for a glass of wine! We had finished our main course, and were still waiting for a glass of wine. I will never fly Emirates again. We went Emirates because they fly direct from Adelaide, and they were a ONE WORLD affiliate, but next time we go overseas (Europe in June 2015), we will go to Sydney or Melbourne and fly Qantas!

Emirates Customer review :  10 February 2014 by H Huurnink    (New Zealand)

Auckland-Melbourne-Dubai-Amsterdam. I wasn't really convinced about the quality of the airline. The good things were the in-flight entertainment and the food. However service was very poor with flight attendants not really knowing what they're doing. Disorganised team of 20-30 year olds. Will definitely choose Singapore Airlines or one of the other Asian carriers again next time!

Emirates Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Chris Palombo    (Australia)

Business class BKK to SYD - I felt like I was inconveniencing the flight attendant. The food was very ordinary, but it was the service that was woeful. The flight attendant allocated to our seats was rude whenever we asked for anything. No comfort kit. My tray of food was taken away that quickly and with that little eye contact, that it was not possible to ask for another drink. SYD to BKK was acceptable, but not as good as it was a few years ago.

Emirates Customer review :  10 February 2014 by B Mitchell    (Australia)

Ek419, SYD-DXB, 25/11/13. EK005, DXB-LHR, 29/11/13. Ek026, GLA-DXB, 13/1/14. EK412, DXB-SYD, 14/1/14. Very poor service. Glasgow to Sydney: It was 3 hours before they offered the first drink, I was thirsty so asked for a drink before take off, after that I was still thirsty so I pressed my button for assistance but no one came. It wasn't until after the meals came around, 3 hours into the flight that I got offered a drink. The breakfast options were both egg options so if you don't like egg you are not getting a meal.

Emirates Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Lawrence Corcoran    (USA)

Flew from Mumbai to JFK via Dubai on February 4th this year in coach/economy. The cabin crew seemed very disinterested. The seat was broken and I had to repair it myself on the Mumbai to Dubai (Flt 509) leg of the journey. The overnight portion of the trip (Dubai to JFK, Flt 203) was very unpleasant principally due to the over abundance of passengers traveling with young children who screamed the entire flight. It was impossible to read or watch a movie. The flight attendants simply didn't want to be bothered.

Emirates Customer review :  10 February 2014 by G McIlvain    (UK)

Travelled business class EK 379 from Phuket to Dubai and EK 025 the next day from Dubai to Glasgow on Feb 1. Phuket Airport was very busy and the business class lounge operated by a local company was awful. We were chaperoned from check in desk to this lounge bypassing the long queues which was very helpful. Overnight flight. The flat bed was not very comfortable but I saw on the next flight a mattresses being provided. These were not on offer but may have made a big difference. The limousine service at Dubai and Glasgow were excellent. The flight to Glasgow was also on time and very comfortable. The food was average and poorly presented.

Emirates Customer review :  10 February 2014 by G McIlvain    (UK)

Travelled Business Class on EK 028 Glasgow to Dubai connecting to EK 378 Dubai to Phuket on Jan 14. Both flights were excellent with on time take off and landing. Limo collection most helpful. Glasgow business class lounge is poor. The food on both sectors was ordinary. The food presentation was pretty poor.

Emirates Customer review :  10 February 2014 by G Standish    (Poland)

Flew WAW-DXB on old A330 aircraft. The business class seat was not fully reclining but was still very comfortable. The inflight entertainment was old and needed updating. Many channels couldn't be accessed and the ones that were had functional text (eg volume, brightness) on the screen which couldn't be removed. The service and food was excellent, though they did forget to serve us our cheese and biscuits. They were very apologetic about that and managed to serve it literally 15 mins before landing.

Emirates Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Andreas Becker    (Germany)

Routing was FRA-DXB on a B777, new configuration with suites in First class. Plenty of space, excellent food and drinks, 20 year old Bordeaux wine, premium whiskeys. The suite is spacious and you can close the door for privacy. Return flight was business class, also in a B-777, as usual good service and good food. First time in the new lounge at Terminal 3 in Dubai which was also a good experience, not so crowded as in the old Terminal and better atmosphere.

Emirates Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Victor Muthu    (USA)

A380 flight from JFK - Dubai - Kuala Lumpur early in December 2013 with my wife and 3-year old son. 1st leg: JFK- Dubai-KL. On the JFK - Dubai route, they flew the A380 which was nearly full. It was an 11 pm flight - the crew only began to start serving food 4-hrs after take-off! My son did not receive his complimentary inflight toy set, they did give the toys out but ran out before reaching us. Always had to do a 'reminder' request for water or drinks! Dubai - KL route: they flew us in a very old A330 - flight was cramped and the seats smelt! The surface of my seat was worn out and torn. The air-conditioning and ventilation wasn't working before the flight and performed poorly in the air. Return leg (KL - Dubai): The A380 plane blacked-out when the plane was boarded and engineers had to come on board to fix the problem. During this time the plane was dark very stuffy, no any offer from the crew to provide drinks. Lots of apologies from the captain though, but the flight was delayed almost an hour.

Emirates Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Larry Taylor    (USA)

Seattle-Dubai-Sydney. Our flights from Sydney to Dubai to Seattle were mediocre. Customer Service was marginal in terms of FA attentiveness and politeness. Our son had a child's meal ordered and it was delivered 45 minutes before we were served our meal. While the A380 had a dedicated restroom attendant from Sydney to Dubai, that was not the case on the 777-200ER on the Dubai to Seattle route. Two restrooms became inoperative during this flight and the remaining ones were filthy by the time we arrived in Seattle. The ICE entertainment system was the best feature of the flights. Good selection of movies/TV shows and News.

Emirates Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Saimon Lovell    (USA)

Emirates used to be good 2 years ago. I flew from JFK to Bangladesh through Milan then Dubai (8 hours flight each way). It was a very uncomfortable 29 hours trip because the service was very poor. Coming back was 39 hours trip. When I pressed the call button staff no one came for the entire 8 hours flight (same for Bangladesh to Dubai). I had to get up and get the water myself after 90 minutes of waiting. I paid over $2.500 USD and it was not worth the money. The seats were so close together that the passenger next to me had to place his leg on my side just to fit into his seat. The only good thing I can say about my trip was that the food and entertainment system was good.

Emirates Customer review :  5 February 2014 by K Baker    (USA)

JFK to Dubai-Lahore and Islamabad to Dubai-JFK. A380 to Dubai and 777-300 to Pakistan. All four flights completely filled to capacity. Meals were good, service prompt and courteous. Sitting back in row 83 takes about 20 minutes until exiting the A380 after landing. The highlight is the Emirates ICE on-demand entertainment system. Obtained mileage accrual with partner airline JetBlue.

Emirates Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Dave Houlihan    (UAE)

DXB-BKK - Business. Upgraded with miles,EK are pulling a fast one with Skywards members in that part of the biz class package is chauffeur pick up and drop. You must upgrade at the airport and hope there are seats which will cost you 45,000 miles which is huge amount of miles for a simple seat upgrade. Staff were good to BKK on the A380, food as usual not good, small portions, menu offers soup etc its never given, main course Birani again? Rice as a main in business class? Wines are being cut back. Overall average there and back, entertainment good as ever. Return on 772-300 older model needs an upgrade, its well over 10 years, interiors and seat has seen better days, with padding poor. Staff on this leg insisted that lights stay on full blast until 5 passengers complained that they wished to sleep as a 8 am Departure, Senior refused until 4 hours into the flight.

Emirates Customer review :  5 February 2014 by F Mbogori    (Kenya)

Nairobi to Manchester via DXB and back. Having loyally used Emirates for the last couple of years, I am extremely disappointed with EK719, DXB-NRB, flight back home on 3rd Feb. As if the discomfort was not enough, the seat pockets were a shambles, torn and hanging. An attendant loudly said to a passenger in response as to why he doesn't take flight meals, I totally agree with you on this. This while serving the rest of us. Such a pity really.

Emirates Customer review :  5 February 2014 by C Sorensen    (Australia)

Perth to Dubai and then Dubai to Istanbul and return. Main problem is no water or drinks served until 4 hours into a 10.5 hr flight. Service awful. On board entertainment broken for one entire 10.5 hour leg of flight. Really terrible experience. Food was inedible apart from a salad on one of the legs.

Emirates Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Deb Thomas    (UK)

DUB-PER, 23/1/14, QF8424. Plane old and dirty - disorganised boarding, people in my seat refusing to move as they wanted to sit together requiring cabin crew to intervene. In flight entertainment not working. No food or drinks service until nearly 4 hours in to a 10 hour flight. Food served poor quality and cold. When asking for a glass of wine and water cabin crew initially refused saying one drink only (only drinks offered during the 2 meal services). Seat pocket broken. Would not not not recommend unless they upgrade the planes going in to Perth.

Emirates Customer review :  4 February 2014 by J De Fraine    (Australia)

The first class "service" on this Auckland-Melbourne flight was atrocious and for the money I paid, totally unacceptable. Food service was chaotic - I had to ask for bread, wine, and salad dressing was offered with dessert! The person sitting next to me almost didn't get any dinner at all because nobody took her order. No tea or coffee was offered after dinner and repeated calls to flight attendants were ignored. They didn't seem to know what they were doing and spent most of the flight hanging around in the galley area chatting. The good news? Very comfortable seats and great inflight entertainment but they didn't compensate for some of the worst service (any class, any airline) I have ever experienced. I'm going back to Singapore Airlines.

Emirates Customer review :  3 February 2014 by N Henshall    (UK)

Singapore-Melbourne, B777. I've previously said I'd never fly with them again, but this time I had no choice, so I owe them an update. The flight was OK, food wasn't outstanding. Breakfast was awful. I always find Emirates staff and service to be inconsistent across sectors. The ICE entertainment system is very good and there's lots to choose from. The planes are always modern and clean. I prefer Etihad for the food and service and just Emirates for the entertainment.

Emirates Customer review :  3 February 2014 by S Villane    (Australia)

EK 407, AKL-MEL, First Class, A380-800. First class cabin crew seemed very disorganised, inattentive, uninterested and lacking proper management. Pre-flight drinks (champagne only, no juice, no water) were offered to some pax but not others, snack baskets missing from some suites, several calls to flight attendants ignored, no pre-dinner drinks offered. Menu and wine list given but no dinner order taken until I eventually attracted someone's attention and by then it was almost too late. No duty free order taken, complicated seat adjustment/entertainment controls not explained despite requests, customs forms handed out only after final descent. In order to get anyone's attention (call button was repeatedly ignored) I went back to the galley to find the flight attendants sitting around giggling and gossiping. Very sloppy and unprofessional and not what I pay a First Class fare for.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Thompson Alan    (UK)

Sydney to Dubai. Treated myself to a Miles upgrade. What an experience. Huge individual pod, pyjamas, duvet and mattress. Kruger and Leuwin to drink, caviar, a long comfortable sleep - then a shower. A real treat.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Thompson Alan    (UK)

Heathrow to Perth and Dubai to Heathrow. A really good experience, I cannot fault anything other than the cost. A380 is a joy upstairs and the quality in the 777 Business contrasts with the below average and cramped economy.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by M Milton    (UK)

Flew LHR-DXB return in January of this year. Seat on A380 spacious and comfortable, ICE system great, toilets clean, flights largely on time. Only problem is the dreadful cabin crew. So disorganised and slow when serving meals. Took 2 hours on the LHR-DXB flight to be offered a drink. In the end I went up to the galley area where the crew were just chatting and asked for water. Meal was served 3 hours into a 6 hour night flight so no one got any sleep. Not a single drinks run after that. Service truly appalling compared to airlines like Singapore airlines. Also, no comfort kit was provided - socks, toothbrush etc which I suppose is a minor thing. Return flight was better as there was one drinks run. Still not great though. Wouldn't choose to fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Winlaw Peter    (Australia)

EK432, Singapore-Brisbane, 25/1/2014. Having flown international business class many times on several airlines this trip can only be rated as the worst experience my wife and I have had, in either economy class or business class. Staff were unhelpful and obviously unsuited to their job. From check-in to the final getting off the aircraft was one of poor service. The white wine I was served after takeoff was warm, the lamb I ordered for my meal was overcooked and almost inedible, the entertainment system was awkward to use, and no instructions on how to use it were supplied. The flight attendant asked us after take off whether we were familiar with the entertainment system and when we replied no, she said she would come back and explain, she never came back! I will never fly Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by P Graham    (Australia)

29th Jan, Dubai to Perth. Took an hour to check in and drop bags. Plane delayed an hour without telling passengers. Everyone was herded into a tiny departure room so we could wait in discomfort. Had booked kids meals, they didn't arrive. Staff stormed off and came back with kids meals. Rest of the food was some of the worst, dried out pasta, scrambled eggs with the consistency of mashed potato for breakfast. Asked for another drink it never came. Overnight flight included the cabin screens flashing bright white every 20 mins. 25 Jan, London to Dubai. Same carry on with kids meals. Very average service and food. Had to wait 40 minutes for bags after we had cleared passport control. Very disappointed.

Emirates Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Lyell Susan    (UK)

This was our first time flying to Perth Australia via Dubai with Emirates, what a pleasant experience. Staff very attentive and economy class was very comfortable. I was dreading the long flights but found watching a couple of movies on each flight passed the time and two meals on each flight where acceptable and complementary drinks was a nice touch. Will definitely use this airline again, good value for money.

Emirates Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Claire Buchanan    (Australia)

My 13 year old recently flew as an unaccompanied minor with Emirates on a return trip from Perth, Australia to Glasgow (via Dubai). He arrived back in Perth with us yesterday and I have to say I have been very impressed with this service from start to finish. We were naturally dubious about him flying alone at first, but Emirates were organised, efficient and professional. They even upgraded him to first class for one leg of the trip. I would have no hesitation using this service again if need be.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Balamurali Nair    (UK)

12 Dec 2013, Flight EK004 from LHR. Staff on Emirates flight from London to Dubai are getting worse. They ignored both my children (5 and 8 years old), no toys. They did not have the ordered meals for the children. Head steward claimed I had not ordered them but I had proof that I had ordered them. These are A380 flight crew - what is the point in getting a new flight when the staff cannot meet the basics needs of passengers.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J Wood    (UK)

I have flown with Emirates on 8 occasions (Economy) and the flight from Dubai to Gatwick on December 29th 2013 will be the last, I have given the airline the benefit of doubt for too long already. Their prices are sky high and the service on board is chaotic. The staff are friendly enough but uncoordinated. The last 3 times they ran out of the meal I would have preferred. Flying out to Dubai this Christmas it was 3.5 hours into the flight before we received a meal at all, and it was cold. On yet another flight they forgot to serve regular meals (those not pre-booked) to the whole block of seats from the rearward bulkhead onward. On a new A380 a couple of years ago I flew to Dubai from Heathrow with part of the ceiling flapping about above my head. On 2 occasions the ICE entertainment system was faulty. My main complaint though is with the poor cabin service.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2014 by K Mansell    (Australia)

Travelled business class on EK434, 23 Jan and EK435, 26 Jan, BNE-AKL-BNE (A380-800). Consistently good service on both flights, with attentive crew and impressive product. Seats very comfortable, and would definitely make for a pleasant long haul flight. IFE boasts extensive selection of movie/music/TV options. Bar lounge is a terrific space to stretch one's legs and socialise with others. Food a little basic for business class standards and some crew lacked wine knowledge, but this didn't really impact too much on the overall experience. Our travel agent ordered a surprise cake for us to celebrate our impending marriage, and the crew made a fuss, even taking a Polaroid picture for us to commemorate the occasion - such a lovely gesture all round! Would not hesitate to fly EK again in the future.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Sohail Mohammad    (New Zealand)

Flew JNB-DXB-LHR. Excellent service and selection of the latest movies and TV series. Both aircraft's (777-300er and A380) were brand new and very comfortable. I have flown this route many times and will always look for a deal with Emirates before looking elsewhere as I know that I can expect the best.

Emirates Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Donald Charlton    (UK)

I flew with my wife in Business class this month from Manchester to Dubai and then changed for another Emirates flight to Singapore. We returned some 7 days later, 4 flights with Emirates, 3 on the A380 and one on a 777-300. The seats on the A380, are fully flat but so narrow only 18.5" (basically an economy class seat that goes flat) and not very comfortable. The 777 seats are a bit wider 20.5", but not full flat. The cabin service on all 4 flights was awful, they have so many different nationalities that clearly do not work well together and they have no real interest in the passengers. They are not organised, never smile and do not seem to know what they are doing. Dubai airport itself is a disaster, chaotic, no helpful ground staff. One of the Business Class lounges was OK, but the other one, in the older Terminal I think, was dirty and run down. We paid over £4500 for the flights, I feel really hard done by.

Emirates Customer review :  24 January 2014 by A Beatson    (UK)

Flew JNB-DXB-LHR. Excellent service and amazing selection of the latest movies and TV series. Both aircraft's (777-300er and A380) were brand new and very comfortable. I have flown this route many times and will always look for a deal with Emirates before looking elsewhere as I know that I can expect the best.

Emirates Customer review :  24 January 2014 by D Panoz    (UK)

JNB to SEA via DXB, 8 hours to DXB, 4 hrs transfer time in DXB plus 14.5 hrs DXB-SEA. Overall impression is very good, as I arrived in SEA feeling OK and managed a full day of activities despite the nearly 30 hours spent travelling. Flight from JNB-DXB was very full, with a few strange seat allocations by ground staff resulting in seat shuffle for many passengers in the Biz cabin so families could sit together etc. Service and food was good although a little rushed; presumably to maximise sleep-time on this 8hr flight. ICE system required re-setting once but then worked well. Staff remembered not to wake me as requested, and I was woken with 30min to landing, and still offered a quick croissant and yoghurt which was appreciated. 7/10 for this flight overall. Dubai lounge was impressive in terms of size and space, although I skipped breakfast. Lounge could possibly do with a few more private areas. I boarded the DXB-SEA flight dreading the 15-odd hours of further flying, but this turned out to be a fantastic flight. Half-empty in Biz, with professional, friendly, and chatty crew, and a real step up in meal quality over the previous night's flight. I spent the flight alternating between the food and drink, sleeping, and the huge selection on the entertainment system. I was particularly impressed with their music choice. Only negative comment on the ICE system is that while the size and clarity of the screens are great, the screens are so big that it can be very distracting if someone is sitting next to you and watching the TV as well. No such issues on the DXB-SEA flight as I was alone in a pair of seats, but seating mishaps on the full JNB-DXB flight meant I had two huge screens from my neighbours as well as mine to contend with when trying to watch a movie. Overall very happy with my experience, as it made the extra-long trip very manageable.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Springthorpe    (UK)

BKK-DXB, Jan 2014. Bangkok Emirates lounge ancient, tiny and poorly laid out. Food and beverage choice was however very good. Boarding gate minutes+ from lounge. A380 upper deck boarding via air bridge. Very friendly and welcoming crew, they seem to love the A380 and explaining its features to passengers, actively inviting you to come for a drink in the lounge bar. Impressive seat as anticipated, comfortable and spacious with good privacy. Mini bar at seat is a nice touch but nobody wants to drink warm pepsi or fruit juice when you can get a more refreshing drink at the touch of a button or walk to the bar. Massive screen but I remain un-impressed with the range of films and TV programmes on offer. Red eye service, cabin lights nice and dim throughout the flight. Full dining service offered despite the 1am departure time, with a breakfast served before arrival. Skipped the meal, had drinks and canapés at the bar. Nice feature of the Emirates A380, but bar seems to have little space for stock and they constantly run out of things and the poor crew are backwards and forwards from the galley constantly. Lie flat bed was extremely comfortable, more so than the 777-300ER beds and combined with the seat liner and nice blankets it was brilliant. Best sleep ever on long haul. Breakfast prior to arrival was decisively average yet again, tried the cold cuts and cheese as had enough of the hot offerings and the meat was off poor quality with tasteless cheese. Arrival into Dubai as on time. Very pleasant experience overall, A380 is spacious, luxurious and a smooth quiet ride on upper deck.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Springthorpe    (UK)

DXB-MAN, Jan 2014. Dubai lounge again was very satisfactory, stunning array of food and beverages on offer and very busy for all the early morning wave. Boarding on time and direct to aircraft from lounge via a lift. Upper deck boarding via air bridge. Crew friendly and welcoming on the whole, some perhaps just business friendly. Menu for flight looks far more enticing than previous sectors. Extremely friendly and efficient steward from Dubai himself was looking after me. Very attentive throughout. Seat again is fantastic, but this time a LH window seat with minibar to the window and seat more to the aisle - does not feel as private. Under window stowage is also hard to access. Variety of appetisers and sweets at the bar was great on this sector and the Manchester born girl manning the bar was chatty and genuine. Skipped breakfast and snacked at the bar on and off. Dinner service before arriving in Manchester was lovely, Nice soup, Beef Steak and a Cheese board to finish. Best meal in 4 flights so far and probably the nicest crew . Overall impression of Emirates after a 4 leg trip, aircraft well kept, A380 stands out, 777-300 are getting overhauled, crew attentive and professional and immaculately turned out. Food and beverages - food quite average to be honest, only 1 dish got me excited. Choice of drinks good with good quality wines too. Entertainment systems are impressive but found content lacking in comparison with Cathay Pacific and BA. Punctuality was good with only minimal delays on departures at times.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Springthorpe    (UK)

DXB-BKK, Jan 2014. Business lounge impressive at Dubai, shower facilities clean and spacious. Food and beverage offer good also. Direct lounge to boarding gate access via lift. Older Boeing 777-300, showing its age but still clean and Business cabin well presented. Very friendly and attentive crew through out. Red eye service, lights kept nice and dim throughout, after take off snack and supper menu was nice - deli sandwich fresh. Inflight entertainment system functionality impressive but lacking in good movie or tv choice. Breakfast prior to landing was decisively average and serving method seems very bitty. On time arrival into Bangkok.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Springthorpe    (UK)

MAN-DXB-MAN. Business Lounge was ok, nice breakfast. Boarding gate quite a walk from the lounge - T1 pier at Manchester basic and clinical feeling. Boeing 777-300ER was clean and Business cabin was well presented. Crew professional and well groomed - Business friendly. Boarding drinks service promptly after seated. Departure on- time, after take off drinks order taken - delivered 1 hour later. Excuse, stock in economy. Two meal services, Breakfast (average) and Dinner before landing (Ok). Not overly impressed with the quality and taste of the dishes. Attentiveness of crew throughout the flight good, Inflight entertainment functionally impressive but choice of films and tv poor. Toilets clean and well stocked. Seat very good, fully lie flat with massage function - privacy could be improved. On time arrival into Dubai.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by A Ratnani    (Canada)

Traveled DXB-DAR-DXB on Boeing 777-300. Crew was friendly but responded to call after 2 hours. The entertainment system was ICE and had millions of movies and TV Shows to last you a year let alone a 5 hour flight. Seats were comfy but less legroom. Food was excellent no complaints. Overall I really enjoyed Emirates and would recommend it to anyone.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Bourke Bernard    (New Zealand)

Flights EK412 and 410 between Auckland and Australia. As an airline they are OK - but nothing special. Cabin crew not that good. Have had much better service on cheaper airlines. The A380 economy seats are better than some airlines narrower seats. Boarding and getting off the A380 is a real pain, so slow! Maybe its part airport problem also - but it will need fixing. Movie selection large. Not good value for money.

Emirates Customer review :  22 January 2014 by Uwe Peiter    (Germany)

FRA-PER via DXB, Dec 2013. Seating comfort was very poor and comparable to a cheap charter airline. Cabin Service was as poor as the seating. The crew were uninterested and unfriendly to the passengers. One FA was not able to form a complete sentence when he asked after the passengers wish (Chicken? Beef? Coffee?). FA call signs were generally ignored. If you want a bottle of water, you had to proceed to the galley. This was our first and last flight with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Robert Cuneta    (Canada)

Flew 2 way from JFK-Dubai-Manila last Nov, Jan respectively. The A380 was a nice airplane with decent seats, but the inflight service was underwhelming. The serving of the food was very disorganised and meal selections were always not available. The attendants were serving the coffee/tea at the same time they were serving the meal and beverage. Flight attendants were ignoring flight attendant call signal/buttons. I was disappointed thinking that the flight to Manila via Dubai would be better as the fare was more expensive and longer. The inflight services on flights via Asian routes are much much better, no comparison.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Mark Russell    (Australia)

Flew SYD-DXB-GRU-DXB-SYD in December and January. I am a Qantas Gold Frequent Flyer and had originally booked Economy but I upgraded to Business for the first leg and then received further upgrades on subsequent flights. Second time I have flown Emirates and was very impressed. Easy check-in in Sydney and Sao Paulo and transit in Dubai very easy. Found all staff, both inflight and on ground extremely friendly and helpful. Meals on all flights were excellent with a wide variety of choices - all accompanied by some excellent wines. The ICE - entertainment system offered incredibly varied options of entertainment. My only complaint was the angled lie flat bed on the B777-300 - I have a real thing about angled lie flat bed. Luggage arrived quickly and the "Priority" tag seemed if it actually meant something with Emirates - I am sure it is for appearance factor only on other airlines. Overall the flights were highly enjoyable, relaxing and I would definitely use Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  20 January 2014 by V Vedi    (UK)

EK005, 7th Jan, Business class with my wife and two boys aged 7 and 4. Very disappointing. The pre-ordered children's meals were not available! I was told by the FA that they had been given to other children. Why were there not sufficient meals on board? I can understand if an adult choice is not available but an airline of this supposed stature should not do this. The adult choices were spicy or containing beef which we do not eat. When I complained the FA giggled and offered me a drink! The service was disorganised and awful. I will avoid Emirates in the future!

Emirates Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Lee Grant    (UK)

Travelled London to New Zealand via Dubai and Sydney. Inflight entertainment was superb but unfortunately that's about the only positive thing I can say about the airline. Of the half dozen requests made to the in flight staff all were turned down, and we're not talking about anything special. Examples such as; "can I have a new set of headphones, these don't work", "can you please fix my screen as it won't turn on". Food service was shambolic, children's meals being sent out up to an hour before the rest of the service, crew walking around randomly with a couple of trays looking for people, repeated offers to give me a child's meal even though I had never asked for one! So inefficient. Once the main service started the crew constantly ran out of options, condiments, bread rolls etc. because they were blocking the aisles for so long, people who had been served wanted to use the rest rooms and the crew didn't want to let them past and didn't want to clear up the children's trays, which in some cases were there from 2 hours before. Having the inflight entertainment interrupted for Emirates advertising is pretty irritating too, especially when you are trying to settle children down who don't want a seat belt on pre take off. Lastly - would it hurt the crew to treat the passengers like customers? Smile, respond to passenger calls and don't stand around the galleys gossiping. Won't be flying myself and family again and wouldn't recommend Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Andreas Becker    (Germany)

HAM-DXB-HAM with B777. As always EK flight was fairly pleasant even when both flights have been packed. Entertainment system is second to none, space and food better than with all European airlines. Service good, both flights have been more or less in time. Check in procedure efficient. Unfortunately this time it happens to me that the stewardess spilled some coffee over my sweater. She felt very embarrassed and apologised with champagne from biz class.

Emirates Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Marcel Menard    (Malaysia)

The 777 kills it. The expected A380 between Kuala Lumpur and Dubai was switched a few day ago for the Boeing 777. What a let down. Yes the A380 is great but the seating on most 777s does not provide enough space and I am a normal shape. The idea of sitting at an angle or hugging the next guy for 7 hours does not appeal to me, enough to change airline which will offer me a wider seat. The 777 is a gold mine for the airline but not suited, too narrow, for an extra seat.

Emirates Customer review :  17 January 2014 by A Cahill    (Australia)

We flew Sydney - Dublin return and it was underwhelming, to say the least. The service on board was very poor, meals were rushed and it took over an hour and two requests to get a glass of water, on more than one occasion. The cabin crew were at best not very friendly with some being extremely rude. Passengers who needed to use the washroom during the meal service were told by one crew member to wait until after the service or they would not get back to their seat.

Emirates Customer review :  16 January 2014 by M Morris    (Vietnam)

I flew Ho Chi Minh City, transiting in Dubai, to London Heathrow. I usually fly Thai, because it's the fastest route by far, but the recent political protests in BKK made me think it was probably unwise to transit through Bangkok at the moment. I was deeply disappointed with the seat on the HCMC to Dubai leg of the journey. I was expecting one of those not quite flat, angled seat beds, but it wasn't even that. The 777-200 on that route is just a reclining seat. Since the flight leaves at 00.40 in the morning, I was hoping to get at least some sleep before Dubai. I fly business class to get the sleep. I might as well have flown economy. The food was very mediocre, as well. However, staff were very nice. The business class lounge in Dubai is excellent. I can't praise it highly enough. The food is great, the showers are wonderful and the staff are friendly and helpful. The second leg of the journey was on the A380, the seat was lovely - a fully flat bed in one of those little cubicles. Unfortunately, this leg of the trip was during daylight hours, so everyone was being very noisy and so, despite the bed, I couldn't get any sleep and arrived exhausted. The food on this leg of the journey was perfectly okay. The staff were all polite, but strangely distracted and not terribly co-ordinated on this leg. The wait between first course and main was about 40 minutes. Very odd. I don't know if anyone from Emirates every reads these things, but if they do - could you please put earplugs in the amenity kits? All in all, I'd say that although Thai planes are a little older and shabbier, the cabin crew are better trained and co-ordinated, the food is better, the seats may not be totally lie flat, but at least you get to lie down on the flights. And, most importantly, they always give you ear plugs.

Emirates Customer review :  15 January 2014 by W Thant-Cyn    (New Zealand)

Recently flown Emirates while on holiday with my family to Singapore and Sydney from New Zealand. I have very specific requirements when traveling due to using an electric wheelchair for mobility. Despite emailing the airline in advance with these requirements, I had a distressing experience using this airline. It was awful from check-in to landing. The customer service was terrible at the check-in desk. The Emirates crew at Sydney airport were unfriendly and they were more interested in talking amongst themselves. At check-in, I explained that I'd like to drive my wheelchair up to the entrance of the plane. Check-in staff made a lot of calls and eventually they assured me they were happy with my request. Having reached the gate with my family, the bad service continued. The lady at the gate was surprised to see me and asked why I wasn't in a transit chair. She refused to process my boarding early. She ignored my explanation regarding my wheelchair and brought out a transit chair for me to transfer into. When I refused, she made more calls and finally she allowed my family and I to continue toward the entrance of the plane. On board, usually, when a passenger with a disability is onboard, a Cabin Service Manager (CSM) comes to say “hello”and make sure all is OK. I was totally ignored. The food was terrible, to say the least. Flight attendants did not seem interested in passengers. When we landed, I had to wait for other passengers to get off first. Once the cabins were cleared I was told that a chair was on its way. 15 minutes later she showed us to a transit chair. My heart sank. I asked where my chair was and I asked that it be brought to the entrance of the plane instead. I pointed out to her that she clearly saw me board the plane with my chair and I was requesting the same procedure to happen in order for me to get off the plane. Within a few minutes my chair was brought to the plane. What could have been a very simple problem to resolve turned out to be a nightmare. I am hesitant to travel with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  15 January 2014 by Menton Peter    (Australia)

Bangkok to Sydney, departing 10/1/14, QF 8418. Very disappointing after all the hype. Check in was a long and tedious process and between my wife and I we were a couple of kilos over the checked baggage allowance and had to argue the toss for them to allow to 2 kilos over between the two of us. Boarding at Bangkok was confusing. The inflight service was not too bad, except we were served breakfast, missing the promised croissants and whe we brought this to the cabin crews attention they found two cold ones for us. We had to ask three times for our Sydney arrival cards to be given to us. The entertainment system is excellent. Following our first experience with Emirates would not recommend them as a first choice airline as there are better alternatives. Emirates is either expanding too fast or resting on its laurels.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2014 by E Shek    (Australia)

MEL-KUL-DXB-DEL, COK-DXB-KUL, SIN-MEL (the latter-most operated by QF). Return ticket (AUD1250) was excellent value for money. One of the more noticeable (but unfortunate) features was the rather surly and cold service across all EK flights. Most attendants were not too friendly, concentrating on mechanically serving their flights which were fully booked. However, food and beverage was solid and entertainment was excellent. Some points about particular flights: The EK409, MEL-KUL-DXB flight was unusually full of large families with young children, so be prepared for a screaming economy cabin if booking this flight I would hazard a guess. This is not ideal especially given that the flight leaves MEL a few hours after midnight when you'd want a sleep. EK give me an opportunity to upgrade my COK-DXB flight to business through email for AUD330 which I took up. It was an amazing experience (for someone who has never flown business before). Service (unlike the economy service) was very warm, friendly without being overbearing, and the food and drink was excellent and constant (I ordered extra bread and dessert brought out very willingly). One of the attendants even got out a staff camera to take a picture for me, which was a nice touch to the flight, as I had told them it was my first time on business class. EK346, DXB-KUL on the A380 didn't seem any different from other aircraft, although the inflight wifi was a added bonus. Overall I'd recommend EK for the excellent price, but don't expect tip-top Singapore Airlines-type service.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2014 by B Klug    (Germany)

FRA-DXB / SIN-DXB / DXB-FRA. One of the most overrated airlines in my opinion. Seats and food okay, but not more than average. Cabin crew far to young to provide professional service. All service rounds appeared quite disorganized and took ages. Crew friendly, but more into interaction with themselves than with the passengers. It´ s a pity, that QF is codesharing with this airline on the FRA-SYD route.

Emirates Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Perhaps it really doesn't quite get any better than this. Traveling in Emirates suites on the 777-300ER from Bangkok to Amsterdam is pure luxury and there are less than a handful of airlines that can compete with this product. The suite is luxuriously appointed, very private and the seat converts into a very plush bed. You may as well be flying in a private jet. The service is impeccable. From the champagne, Arabic coffee and dates that greet you prior to take-off, to the a la carte food menu that you can choose to eat at any time, the service is attentive, friendly but not over-bearing. Perhaps the only complaint for the 777-300ER product would be that the lavatories are a bit cramped. Given that you want to change into your pj's prior to take-off, there could be a bit more space to change.

Emirates Customer review :  13 January 2014 by J Freeman-Duffy    (Australia)

First Leg was SYD-DXB then DXB-DUB and return was LHR-DXB then DXB-SYD. First leg was great journey considering was on the A380, so much space and room to move about the aircraft. Inflight entertainment was excellent so much on offer (all four flights) maybe too much on offer. Was hard to pick what to watch. Food was decent though I did order special meals to get served first. Second Leg was in a B777-300 this flight was jammed full! Limited seat pitch and hard to get out of the seats and crowded. Staff on this flight very slow and a smile seemed to difficult. LHR-DXB was excellent although the purser seemed a bit childish! Flight wasn't full but still busy. Now the DXB-SYD this were the troubles begin! Check in agent in LHR doesn't check all the way through to the final stop. Got to the gate in DXB wasn't checked in, came as a shock so spent 13 hours in Dubai which thanks to Qantas was made easy not Emirates. DXB-SYD night flight with night arrival. Flight was full but once again on an A380 so made that journey a little easier. Overall a good journey with Emirates!

Emirates Customer review :  13 January 2014 by C Koebele    (UAE)

Business class Dubai to Los Angeles - 16 hour flight, regular fare and the entertainment system did not work on my seat, kept resetting itself. Cabin attendant friendly, but apart from resetting (which he did about 5-6 times) he didn't offer any other options. After nearly 3 hours I asked for the purser who re-set yet again twice and finally offered a change of seat. The selection of the entertainment wasn't great. Food average. I took another trip in December, to Europe, again due to the direct connection, but again very poor selection on entertainment and food was not good at all. I would book Emirates again or recommend to family/friends, but only if the price is much lower than other options.

Emirates Customer review :  10 January 2014 by B Bouvard    (Hong Kong)

Flew from HK to Lyon via Dubai for Xmas holiday. I usually fly with Cathay but this trip with Emirates was much cheaper this time and since I had never tried Emirates before I gave it a try. Overall it was good but I think it depends on the aircraft you are in. For HK to Dubai was in a Boeing 777, seems a brand new one, inflight entertainment was excellent! For Dubai to Lyon was in a A340-500, not bad either but the inflight entertainment was not as great as the on the Boeing. For the return trip was in a A330, inflight entertainment was really disappointing. Food was ok as well as staff. Compared to Cathay, I would say that Emirates' crew is not as friendly as Cathay's (less smile, seem to be quite "cold" sometimes). Nevertheless for the value for money I think I will fly again with them.

Emirates Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Dave Houlihan    (UAE)

DXB-DUB - Business class out and Y class back. Gold Member. The experience is a mixed bag, outward in Biz pick up on time. Flight on time, lounge is to me nothing but an upgrade from the main terminal with free food and drink. Staff all look over stretched and it is not in comparison to other leading airlines where you can have a quiet zone to work. Its over crowded , busy and too open meaning that all sounds travel. Flight fine, very full. Staff did their job but lacked any interaction skills. Return in Y, again flight over booked, their policy of 3x4x3 seating on the 777 is just too tight. ICE as ever was good and staff were not attentive, pressed the call button numerous time , they walked past me. Vanished for over 2-3 hours mid flight. Food on both legs was terrible, had ordered a low cholesterol meal with low fat. Both times a salad with lettuce and tomato no dressing and fish in biz class was actually burnt so bad to was like plastic. I asked for an alternative and they had Biriyani. You get better in Y class on Saudia for a 1.5 hour flight. In Y class on return chicken breast that you could put through a window and white rice, inedible. Its a pity Qatar don't start entering this route as I would gladly fly them in future. Emirates are expanding at a fast track rate but seem to be loosing the edge when maintaining standards.

Emirates Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Sjoholm Magnus    (Sweden)

In December, I flew Emirates on 4 different occasions, from Copenhagen to Dubai/Bangkok, and I'm sorry to say, that I was disappointed. The most annoying was the slow and confusing service of the cabin crew, it took more than 2 hours for them to serve anything on each of the flights, and it seemed like they were all trainees. On the first flight, we had great, large new screens for the inflight entertainment system, but on the other flights the planes were equipped with an earlier version, which was not at all as good. The check in and boarding procedures worked fine, although there are always a lot of people who don't understand the boarding priorities. The food and beverage were of average quality, and you more or less had to go and ask for the drinks by yourself. I will travel with Emirates again, if I will get a good price, but not for the comfort and service level.

Emirates Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Clara Anthonyamy    (UK)

Kuala Lumpur to London Heathrow on 5th January 2014. The prices are reasonable and the service is quite good. 2 years ago, I felt the attitude of the cabin crew was poor so I avoided the airline after that. The staff were not responding to calls and was even rude to passengers. This year I thought I'd use Emirates again. I rang my call button twice and both times, it took them more than half an hour to respond. They just didn't seemed bothered about serving. The food was served very late. In summary, Emirates is a good airline but they just need to buck up with the cabin crew service.

Emirates Customer review :  8 January 2014 by R Rowe    (Australia)

MEL-AKL-MEL, A380. Check in was easy and pleasant staff onboard were professional and helpful. Emirates are fantastic when travelling with children. A380 aircraft is comfortable and pleasant to travel in and the bar at 40 thousand feet a wow factor. Food was good for airline food. Ice entertainment excellent. I would recommend.

Emirates Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Dave Andrew    (UK)

GLA-DXB-BKK-DXB-GLA. I flew from Glasgow on the evening flight to Dubai on EK 026 on 10 Dec and have to say the service from the cabin crew was outstanding and very friendly. Meals and drinks were given in good quantities and the service was fantastic for a night flight. Well done, However next flight on EK 372 to Bangkok on the A380 was appalling and inappropriate for the standard of Emirates. No bar service bad food and poor cabin crew. I feel bad in saying this. Return flight was on 07 Jan on EK 371 evening flight to Dubai service was again outstanding, friendly cabin crew, poor food as only breakfast but it was a late night flight. Good full bar service and outstanding cabin crew which did an excellent job. Last flight was on EK027 and the cabin crew were excellent, food was very good and a good bar service which was up to Emirates high standards. I have been flying with Emirates for over 10 years and reached Gold status but now have Blue status. I feel that overall Emirates is excellent, good value for money have excellent cabin crew which fly on modern aircraft with a good safety record. The downside is the A380 flights are a hit and miss and overrated. Also I feel Emirates has expanded too quickly to take on other middle east airlines and that the Emirates high standards are falling.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by M Yeatman    (Australia)

SYD-AKL-MEL, A380. Very disappointing, I have flown Emirates about 10 times and it is consistently deteriorating now to the point where it is not worth bothering with. The previously generous and hi-spec economy meals have been replaced with a smaller tray with much lower quality food. The crew on both flights were unprofessional to the point of it being quite sad, on the first flight the service was a shambolic mess and on the second they were far more concerned with flirting with each other and chatting rather than serving passengers. Call bells were never answered, meal service took far too long on both flights and the toilets were utterly revolting despite the newish aircraft. Only good part is the IFE. Sorry to say I won't fly Emirates ever again.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by N Siotto    (UAE)

DXB-FCO-DXB with A380-800. Wonderful experience starts at the A380 dedicated hub, a modern brand new mall with excellent food and shopping offering. Boarding despite the aircraft size and the number of fellow passengers is fairly fast. Seating is spacious, and the seat when laid back moves both the back and the seat giving the feeling of having double the inclination and increasing the comfort. Food was served and it was very tasty, probably one my best experience in economy class. The entertainment screen was outstanding, endless channels, games and not to mention the WIFI available onboard and the fact that mobile was working perfectly while cruising at 39000 feet. Amazing experience for an economy class flight both outbound and inbound.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

Flew from Melbourne to Singapore on First with my wife. Two cars came to pick us up from the hotel and after insisting that one is enough for both of us and our baggage, I sent of the other car. Check-in was pretty quick and the staff at the counter noticed that it was my wife's birthday so he chatted with us while processing our baggage. Immigration clearance was done swiftly with the fast track card. Spent an hour at the lounge before making our way to the boarding gate. FAs welcomed us warmly and ushered us to our suites. I have planned to surprise my wife with a cake so I arranged for it over the phone with Emirates contact centre way before my travel date. The suite was big as A380's (We flew on a B777-300ER) and the crew were excellent. Pre-take off drink with nuts, Arabic coffee with dates, cold towels, Bvlgari amenity kits, Pyjamas and Menu card were distributed while taxing for take-off. They offered an a la carte dinning with wide variety of selections. The food was fantastic. Especially the Arabic mezze (a must try). Restaurant quality food and the service were efficient. Plates were cleared promptly and the next course was served on time. The chief FA came by my seat and requested to meet him at the business class galley so that we plan for the surprise without attracting too much attention from my wife. He showed me the cake and I bought a gift from the on-board DFS. They brought the cake with tiny lights around it and greeted her. They took plenty of Polaroid photos of us. It was a very memorable flight for both of us.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Elliott Patricia    (UK)

I flew with my husband on our first Emirates flight on EK434 and EK435 Business Class to Brisbane in November, we usually fly BA or Singapore Airlines. I have a few comments to make on the trip first of all the food and drink service was appalling. We had to wait for service, were omitted on several occasions and by the time the drink came around the meal was finished. I asked for drinks on a number of occasions and didn't get it even using 2 different male/female cabin crew. I had to get up myself and go to the bar for water on several occasions to find the staff chatting quite happily in the rear oblivious to the alert light I had pressed for assistance . But the most disappointing part of the trip was on the short stopover in Dubai business Lounge on the return flight, we expected to have a shower and change. The facilities in Dubai were pathetic, there were queues and the turnover in cleaning the shower cubicles was painfully slow. We gave up and continued on our journey without refreshing, the Business lounge in Dubai leaves much to be desired, it is difficult to find food and the way it is designed could definitely be improved. After British Airways and Singapore Airlines and Qantas we would put it bottom of the list.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by C Price    (France)

ZRH-DXB-MRU, 8/12/13, Business out. Business is is OK but not "world class". Staff are attentive but not all the time ! Return in economy. Emirates economy must be one of the most uncomfortable experiences of any airline. 10 seats abreast on a 777, no footrest on the DXB-MRU leg on an old aircraft. Emirates must be one of the most overrated airlines on this site.

Emirates Customer review :  3 January 2014 by D Borillo    (Spain)

MAD-DXB-NRT-DXB-MAD. All flights served with 777-200LR and 777-300ER. All flights left on time and arrived on time or early. Seats were comfortable enough as to manage some hours sleep and seat pitch adequate, it didn't feel that cramped as stated in previous reviews but I guess because I picked the two seat row at the very end of the cabin. All seats I preselected were honoured which was nice. Outbound I did online check-in which worked fine and used the dedicated online check-in counter at Madrid which permitted me to skip the long queues for economy check-in. On board cabin crew were polite and hard working, specially on the NRT-DXB leg. All requests were promptly met and you could ask for any kind of drinks and snacks between meals. Food was nice and tasty and portions adequate with several options to choose from I missed breakfast service on MAD-DXB leg though. IFE is the highlighted point of Emirates, selection of movies is huge in so many different languages, Big high resolution screens and an easy to navigate system. A great experience overall and looking forward to fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Handoko Taniwidjojo    (Indonesia)

We were a group of 4 that flew AKL-MEL in EK 403 (QF 8761) on Dec 25. It was a very pleasant flight with A-380.

Emirates Customer review :  3 January 2014 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

The chauffeur arrived at the hotel on time and helped us to load the luggage and drove us to the airport on a Holden Statesman car. The Emirates Check-in counter is the first counter in the row, which is quite convenient. Check-in was swift and we were handed a pre-clearance form along with our boarding passes. We cleared past the baggage screening and emigration in a jiffy. We made our way to the Emirates lounge located right above the departure hall. At the boarding gate they have a separate pathway for First and business class passengers. The FAs welcomed us and guided us to our suites. We were given a pre-take off drink, cold towel and Arabic coffee while we waited for rest of the flight to be filled up. A FA came to my suite and introduced himself and gave me a Leather bind menu card and told me that it's not an a la carte dining that night as it was just a four hour flight. Right after the take-off, the FA came to take the dinner order. I ordered a Mocktail while waiting for my dinner to be served and it was served promptly with warm nuts. Dinner menu and the choices were pleasing and the food was great. We decided to shower, the shower attendant notified us once the shower was ready. The shower was huge and had two types of timeless spa products. A series of shower gel, shampoo and moisturiser for relaxation and another series of products to feel refreshed. Other amenities such as razors, shaving cream, moisturiser, cologne and hairdryer were available too. When I returned to my seat the FA came with a detox drink and asked if I wanted the bed to be made. I relaxed at the bar's lounge seats while waiting for bed to be made. When I returned the seat was made flat and all set comfy with mattress, duvet and a Godiva chocolate placed on my desk. Overall, it was a pleasant flight and great service.

Emirates Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Taimoor Tariq    (UK)

Travelled from Manchester to Lahore. Seats were fairly comfortable, staff was very good, food was nice, toilets were clean. Inflight entertainment was really good, I enjoyed watching the movies. The only thing that I didn't like was the delay of up to 20 minutes!

Emirates Customer review :  2 January 2014 by N Dibe    (Australia)

Economy class from Dubai to Bangkok on A380. The hype was great and the result disappointing, the seats were narrow, minimum leg room and back of the seat in front of me reclines into my lap. Furthermore I felt that the seats were as cramped as on a charter flight. I will choose an old 747 or 777 for my future travels. I recommend Emirates but not the A380 for tall passengers.

Emirates Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Kole    (UK)

NCL-DXB, DXB-BKK-HKG, then return on the same flights. Outbound Newcastle to Dubai on 777-300ER. Very good flight - good food, good choice ICE entertainment system. Dubai to Hong Kong via Bangkok on A380. Again, very good flight - spacious seats and same ICE system as on previous flight. Food reasonably good on this leg of the journey, but not as good as first flight. The choice I wanted was unavailable on BKK to HKG leg, but the option I was served was nice enough. Return Hong Kong to Dubai via Bangkok A380. Same comments apply about A380 as before. Another good flight except food on this flight. Food on both HKG - BKK and BKK - DXB legs were poor and a massive contrast to the other 3 flights. I experienced the same on a previous Emirates Hong to Dubai flight, so this looks a like a localised Hong Kong supplier issue. Dubai to Newcastle on 777-300ER - same as outbound - very good flight and very good food. Both 777-300ER and A380 used same ICE, so same inflight entertainment across all flights - loads to choose from and good variety. Touch screen sometimes a little unresponsive on return flights. Cabin crew were generally good and helpful with queries, but slow with food service sometimes. Outbound Newcastle departure was delayed due to late incoming flight, but other flights were on time or within reason. Transfer in Dubai was easy and hassle free - around 2.5 to 3 hours each time. Overall, except for the couple of things mentioned above, very impressed with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by S Wanasundera    (USA)

EK 201 on 26 November. Return on 24 December. A380 JFK-DXB. Staff were unprofessional. Spent a lot of time chatting in the galley, while setting up and serving meals took a long time. In between meals, a fasten seat belt sign was on for long spells with no apparent turbulent weather and no one allowed to leave seats even to head to a toilet! No drinks were offered so, people had to make their way to the galley. Once a meal is served it takes hours for the trays to be cleared. Passengers walked the trays to the galley themselves! Although the menus are handed out at the start (on one leg it was the wrong one) most often in economy the choices had completely run out and the only comment from the staff was "we have bad news". The A380 is too big, too crowded, too noisy, too uncomfortable, too irritating and no way to travel on a long haul.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by J Choi    (Hong Kong)

LHR-HKG via DXB. The seat pitch was surprisingly generous aboard the A380, EK006 from Heathrow to Dubai. The ICE entertainment was superb, the staff were friendly and the catering was above average. What I disliked the most was the boarding 'process', they had to make it sound 'so grand'. I sat at the front, and by the time I boarded and requested for eyeshades, they were gone already. Also, it is very hard to hear what the guy was saying as there were a battle of voices between our flight and the Qantas flight at the next gate. The queues for transfer were very long in Dubai but it was pretty inefficient. However, it takes 40 minutes to get from the first gate to the second, although at a leisurely pace. The second flight from DXB-HKG was far more horrible. We had to endure the horrendous 3-4-3 configuration. The ICE entertainment on the 777-300 was not as modern as the A380, thus the person behind me had to press the screen with tremendous force every time to get his TV working. The screens were also far smaller and much harder to operate. But in terms of service, it was really average. In conclusion, the first flight was close to being perfect and the second flight slightly disappointing.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Omid Golahmadi    (UK)

We flew 4 times with Emirates LGW-DXB-IKA, IKA-DXB-LGW. We flew there and back from DXB on a B777-300er it was very quiet. Entertainment was very good with the latest movies. But the flight to IKA from DXB was a let down, the entertainment had 20 channels. The food was very nice. I would fly Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by J Tinning    (Austria)

I flew from Dubai to Perth (return) in Dec 2013. I am very impressed with their quality of customer service and hospitality. This 11 hour flight felt much shorter as I was very comfortable, relaxed and entertained by the ICE system. It was also very comfortable to sleep in the very wide seats. USB and mains power supply is provided for charging devices. The highlights of these flights were certainly the crew and the catering, which was of a very high quality, served to you with steel cutlery. Even economy passengers receive luxuries normally expected for business and first passengers. The crew spoke very many languages and were very approachable. Emirates certainly deserve number 1 airline for the years to come, and I wish to fly with them to Australia again.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

Flew from Brisbane to Auckland in business class on an A380. The business class is located on the top deck of the flight. Two sections with 1-2-1 configuration which enables aisle access for all passengers. The single seats on both sides are not aligned with the center seats thus giving you some privacy. The crew warmly greeted and guided us to our seats as we entered the flight. The stewardess introduced herself and told me that she has been assigned to look after for the day's flight and offered the breakfast menu and a pre-take off drink. Each seat had its own selection of drinks that includes a fruit juice, two fizzy drink cans, still and sparkling water. My wife decided to sleep through the breakfast service but the attendant was concerned and asked if she is feeling ok. The breakfast included fresh fruits, freshly squeezed juices, toasted muesli and yoghurt. The hot selection served omelettes and sausages or classic French toasts. I went for French toasts with maple syrup and berries. Food was warm and tasty. I ended of my meal with a cappuccino, which had Emirates logo dusted on the foam. Nice touch The in-flight entertainment was great with wide variety of movies and dramas. The noise cancelling headphones were good too. The only downside of the center business class seats are leg space. It feels cramped with the leg room extending below the seat in front you.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by T Mahr    (Germany)

CMB-SIN in late December. Flight boarded late although had arrived on time from DXB with no explanation and a call 40 mins before anything happened. Relatively comfortable seating on a 777 - the two of us had one of the only rows with only two seats at the very back. Great inflight entertainment but let down by lousy service. They seemed disorganised at best and the meal and drinks took 2.5 hours to arrive. Quality of food not good but given plenty of actually drinkable wine with a smile and apologies. Great arrival experience in SIN - we were out 20 mins after touch-down.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by J Avramovic    (Slovenia)

MUC-MCT via DXB and return. Travelled with my wife and 1.5yr old son. The whole middle front row (4 seats) was just for us. Very comfortable seats, pleasant and very helpful flight attendants. A lot of small gifts for the baby and an excellent inflight entertainment. Would definitely fly with them again!

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by S Gill    (UK)

Flew from Durban to London Gatwick via Dubai. The first leg of the flight was awful - seat backrest was broken, staff could not fix it so they moved us to two different seats, which were even worse, with a solid lump at the base of the backrests that made it impossible to get comfortable in any position on this long flight. The second leg was great, in a two-week old aircraft where we could finally sit in comfort. Unfortunately, the Durban-Dubai experience has put me off Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Gillian Morgan    (Australia)

Travelled on a Qantas ticket from Perth, Australia to London Gatwick on 19th December. Firstly we could not find an overhead locker to out our 1 piece of luggage in. I asked an attendant to assist us and he stated "I am not a luggage attendant". Next it took 2 hours to be offered any form of refreshment and then it was abysmal. I wanted another drink and buzzed for assistance but nobody came. The inflight entertainment was excellent though, but all in all a bad flight - Perth to Dubai. Dubai airport - the Emirates lounge was the best I have ever been in and enjoyed the 4 hour lay over. Dubai to Gatwick - slightly better as the staff were a little more customer focused. Food terrible though. Will be travelling back in the new year and am not looking forward to it, but this time a stop over in Dubai may make the experience a little better. Never again will I travel on Emirates unless I can afford Business class.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by D James    (South Africa)

Cape Town to Bangkok-departed on time, excellent IFE, good quality food and drink. Airline staff seemed a bit scarce! But we're mostly engaging and friendly. Transit through Dubai is not a pleasure, the airport is one of the most unsettling places to visit. Pity the airline and the airport are so different.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by M Caplan    (UK)

Flew 6 flights recently in business with Emirates. All on 777 and A380. All flights on time, Glasgow to Dubai then to Bangkok to Sydney, Melbourne to Singapore then to Dubai and back to Glasgow. Every car arrived on time, check in a breeze, as was passport control with special pass. Made travelling a pleasure. All personnel were fantastic, kind and attentive. Food great as was wine, and in every detail, Emirates are way beyond the competition. Have read some other reviews which are rather negative. Since we flew so many times, I fail to understand the problem. Compared to recent BA experience to New York, Emirates are on another level.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Ranaweera Ravindra    (Japan)

The fleets are new, comfy. Flew Narita-Dubai-Munich and Rome-Narita. Always wanted to try A380. The FA's were awful. On one flight the table was dirty. I took 4 flights in total and every time I experienced something horrible. Firstly they didn't give me the bread and I had to ask 2 times for it, next I had to wait over 15 mins to receive my main dish. I asked for water that I didn't receive. This is the worst airline service I have experienced so far.

Emirates Customer review :  25 December 2013 by R Breakwell    (Australia)

NBO-SIN-NBO. First leg was alright but nothing great. Food service was slow and FA didn't clear trays for ages. Second leg to Singapore on A380 was much anticipated but disappointing seat configuration thus narrow seats thus alot of discomfort. SIN-DXB was much better but had to keep asking for water/drinks. Don't know why they just don't offer bottles of water like in business class. Flying from Singapore to Perth on Qantas, we were given bottles of water to rehydrate - great for a 5 hours flight and essential for a 10+ hour flight which Emirates should consider. Last flight was the worst - lots of turbulence so we didn't get any meals. Not Emirates fault but the crew were very unprofessional. Very thirsty flight again as not enough water/drinks provided. Granted we had to remain seated during the turbulence but one cup of water and 1 juice is not enough for a 5 hour flight. Cabin crew on all sectors were not very helpful and not very friendly. Same could be said of counter staff at the business class lounge. We've been flying Emirates for 10 years and except for the last couple of years due to a change in our country of abode and travel patterns, have had to use other airlines so have slipped down to Skywards silver status. We were planning to use Emirates more for our 2014 flights but will now consider other airlines. The only saving grace is the ICE entertainment system which helps you forget the lack of water/drinks, the bland food and that tray in front of you.

Emirates Customer review :  23 December 2013 by D Thomas    (Australia)

Bangkok to Sydney. Have previously flown this leg 6 times with a well-known Thai based airline. As per our Sydney to Bangkok flight with Emirates the boarding was delayed. At least this time there were announcements from the boarding gate to explain what was happening. The dinner was a decent size but bland and tasteless. The menu only offers 1 dish to choose from. Then the so-called "breakfast" was just a tiny fruit salad with a bread roll. On the other airline I alluded to above the menu has 2 dishes to choose from (for both dinner & breakfast). The breakfast is also a full meal in itself. The cabin crew seemed a little more polite than on the Sydney to Bangkok leg although I still would not describe them as friendly or welcoming. They were a little slow to bring meals and water/tea/drinks etc. I thought the Inflight Entertainment was quite good with a wide selection of programs. I'd say both airlines are equal in that regard. They did hand out a little toiletries pack which is very handy and something the other airline doesn't do. They also gave our child a small pack with some items to keep him occupied. That was a nice touch and again something the other airline does not do. In summary I found Emirates to be overrated. The tickets were cheaper than the other airline by quite a few hundred dollars and did have a couple of little nice hand-outs the other airline does not. However I think that does not make up for the uncomfortable seating and unfriendly service.

Earlier comments for EMIRATES have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |