Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  25 December 2013 by R Breakwell    (Australia)

NBO-SIN-NBO. First leg was alright but nothing great. Food service was slow and FA didn't clear trays for ages. Second leg to Singapore on A380 was much anticipated but disappointing seat configuration thus narrow seats thus alot of discomfort. SIN-DXB was much better but had to keep asking for water/drinks. Don't know why they just don't offer bottles of water like in business class. Flying from Singapore to Perth on Qantas, we were given bottles of water to rehydrate - great for a 5 hours flight and essential for a 10+ hour flight which Emirates should consider. Last flight was the worst - lots of turbulence so we didn't get any meals. Not Emirates fault but the crew were very unprofessional. Very thirsty flight again as not enough water/drinks provided. Granted we had to remain seated during the turbulence but one cup of water and 1 juice is not enough for a 5 hour flight. Cabin crew on all sectors were not very helpful and not very friendly. Same could be said of counter staff at the business class lounge. We've been flying Emirates for 10 years and except for the last couple of years due to a change in our country of abode and travel patterns, have had to use other airlines so have slipped down to Skywards silver status. We were planning to use Emirates more for our 2014 flights but will now consider other airlines. The only saving grace is the ICE entertainment system which helps you forget the lack of water/drinks, the bland food and that tray in front of you.

Emirates Customer review :  23 December 2013 by D Thomas    (Australia)

Bangkok to Sydney. Have previously flown this leg 6 times with a well-known Thai based airline. As per our Sydney to Bangkok flight with Emirates the boarding was delayed. At least this time there were announcements from the boarding gate to explain what was happening. The dinner was a decent size but bland and tasteless. The menu only offers 1 dish to choose from. Then the so-called "breakfast" was just a tiny fruit salad with a bread roll. On the other airline I alluded to above the menu has 2 dishes to choose from (for both dinner & breakfast). The breakfast is also a full meal in itself. The cabin crew seemed a little more polite than on the Sydney to Bangkok leg although I still would not describe them as friendly or welcoming. They were a little slow to bring meals and water/tea/drinks etc. I thought the Inflight Entertainment was quite good with a wide selection of programs. I'd say both airlines are equal in that regard. They did hand out a little toiletries pack which is very handy and something the other airline doesn't do. They also gave our child a small pack with some items to keep him occupied. That was a nice touch and again something the other airline does not do. In summary I found Emirates to be overrated. The tickets were cheaper than the other airline by quite a few hundred dollars and did have a couple of little nice hand-outs the other airline does not. However I think that does not make up for the uncomfortable seating and unfriendly service.

Emirates Customer review :  23 December 2013 by D Jacobs    (Belgium)

AMS-DXB-CPT. First leg on A380. I was somewhat disappointed in the Emirates interior, i.e. it is fairly cramped. Seat is as well rather hard and uncomfortable, certainly when turned into a flat bed. Service rather slow. Second leg B777. More spacious seating, and the bed is more comfortable than on the 380. However, only 2 lavatories for the business class section, which meant always having to stand in line, and that is totally unacceptable for a business class product. Compared to for example Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines, Emirates plays in a slightly lower league and I cannot rate it a top airline.

Emirates Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Duncan Robinson    (New Zealand)

I flew from Dubai to Manchester return. Going to Manchester I arrived bruised from constantly being knocked by passing trolleys and pax. A small chocolate bar and a cup of tea for a main meal (8 hour flight) is not good enough. It appeared that only a select few received meals. Breakfast was not worth commenting on. Very crowded, more like "sardine class". On the return flight at least we got fed. Some pax got offered juice others, like myself, just water. When I got to my seat it had been taken by another pax who wanted to sit in my seat. When she moved she took my blanket and head phones. It took 5-hours of asking for another set, before I gave up. My call light mysteriously kept turning itself off. Other pax around me got all the assistance they wanted/needed. I will never fly Emirates again and would not recommend this airline at all.

Emirates Customer review :  21 December 2013 by M Burgess    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Sydney last Saturday. Flights were on time, inflight entertainment excellent. Crew were totally unprofessional, food took ages to arrive, trays took ages to be collected. Drinks - ie water etc were not brought round on a regular basis. The importance of keeping hydrated should surely be known by the crew - especially on the 13 hour plus leg from Dubai to Sydney. Passengers were actually going to get their own drinks, crew seemed more interested in chatting amongst themselves. The only time they really sprung into life was when the flight was coming to and end - blankets, earphones collected rapidly. They certainly were not there to serve.

Emirates Customer review :  17 December 2013 by S Mahmood    (UK)

Manchester to Dubai, with my 4 years old daughter. Flight was on time on both occasions. Inflight entertainment was good. Seats were comfy, but same can't be said about the crew. Food service was really slow. Some fellow passengers had finished eating by the time we got ours, our trays were not collected for hours after we finished dining. We asked for a drink of water 4 hours into flight which never came. My light for an attendant stayed on but no one came to help. Not recommended.

Emirates Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Kazim Suhail    (UAE)

Flew Business class on A380 to JFK. As usual very poor level of service from the crew. After take off breakfast was served in a rushed manner. Then it was 10 hours to wait until the next meal. Interestingly a very fancy menu was given showing the light bites according. When I requested an item, the lady said it would take 1-3 hours to heat them. I waited 2 hours. When I requested it again another crew member said they had run out of all light bites and could offer me some cold sandwiches from the bar! It was evident nothing was loaded from Dubai itself. I wonder if the management ever reads the amount of negative comments posted in Skytrax.

Emirates Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Kevin Franklin    (Sri Lanka)

EK650, DXB-COL, Seat 2A, First. If you fly Emirates first class, make sure you eat at the lounge, if your flight includes breakfast. They really do need to sack the person in charge of what they call breakfast. Its an insult to food. Apart from that, excellent service, check in, lounge, and of course the best B777.

Emirates Customer review :  12 December 2013 by M Kralik    (Malaysia)

KUL-VIE and back via Dubai. Emirates has a solid product, which unfortunately more often than not gets ruined by apathetic crew. As with so many things in Dubai/UAE, the human factor is by far the weakest link, and it is enough to render the entire experience rather unfriendly and soulless. Onboard, the male crew are doing a decent job, but there are not more than 2-3 of them on any sector. The females were clearly hired purely on the strength of their looks (by Gulf standards, anyway) and/or height, possibly with an exotic language like Uzbek or Thai thrown in. The most important quality for any staff in the service/hospitality industry - the ability to relate to people, and a genuine desire to help others - is very sorely and visibly missing. By comparison, Asian airlines like Malaysia/Singapore/Cathay may have done away with some of the nice touches like hot towels and menu cards - but many of their crew still genuinely care about their passengers' comfort, and will go the extra mile to resolve problems and even to anticipate passengers' needs where possible. Disappointed.

Emirates Customer review :  12 December 2013 by S Martin    (UK)

The most overrated airline in the world. Staff at the Gatwick assistance were condescending. In-flight service was really poor, with my girlfriend waiting 20 minutes for some water - I had to eventually interrupt four of the air stewards discussing work politics to obtain fluids, they were not very welcoming. This was all while the "call attendant" button had been pressed. The food was tasteless, and several items were missing. The selection of entertainment was fairly standard. Communications from the pilot about a delay were painfully infrequent, leaving a plane of agitated passengers. I wasn't alone in my perception - there were many unhappy passengers.

Emirates Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Amit Das    (India)

I had a mixed experience. On the onward flight from Dubai on 4th December, EK 215 the service was really good and everything was great. However, on the return flight EK568 on 9th December the horrible experience started right from check in. The lady at the counter was very rude and stated that there are no aisle seats available. As per her the flight was completely full. However, when the flight finally took off there were some empty aisle seats as well. Also the service inflight was so poor. Meals were delayed. No one came to serve water at regular intervals. Even when i was calling the attendant button the air hostess used to come after 15-20 mins. Meals were getting over by the time they used to reach our seat and hence they could only provide some options. Overall a very poor service on the A380.

Emirates Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Paul Nico    (Germany)

In November I flew FRA-DUB DUB-CPT and back and I have to admit, that the planes are excellent, new and comfortable in Economy Class. Disappointed in regards to the service. The crew were not well organized and service took too long and were not very friendly.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2013 by A Aweidah    (Palestinian Territory)

Amman to Muscat via Dubai and back on combination A330 / 340. First flight delayed for over 4 hours because of a sandstorm in Amman so not Emirates fault, it could have been worse but pilot choose to land the incoming flight after 3 attempts and we finally left. The A340 was very old and extremely uncomfortable since the entertainment box takes up all the foot space but the flights were not that long. I would not fly this aircraft in economy class for anything longer than 4 hours. I missed my connection in DXB but I was very impressed by how efficiently and smoothly Emirates handled the situation. Ground staff at DXB friendly. Otherwise food and service very average and bland. Cabin crew have no interest in what they are doing and are just going through the motions. The price was cheap and terminal 3 at DXB is fabulous. Would fly them again if the price is right but Emirates today is nothing like it used to be and standards keep dropping in line with their growth. Definitely not the best in the world, nowhere near that.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2013 by S Sherif    (USA)

My kids and I had 3 seats 85A, 85B, 85C, flight EK215 December 2nd from DXB to LAX. My problem was with the poor food and drink service on-board. For the first 3.5 hours of the flight not one crew member offered us anything to drink or eat! I had my teenage kids with me and they were thirsty and hungry. I had to go to the kitchen and ask for food for my kids. A crew member gave me two dried up croissants and said to wait for our turn! When they brought us the trays they were missing bread and butter, fruit salad etc. Then we had to even wait another 15 minutes for the entree to arrive, when it arrived they said that they had only vegetarian food left, which looked like a green mush and tasted even worse. We waited even longer to get something to drink. Unfortunately for the second round of meals we were asleep. We had to ask them for something after we got up and they said they would bring pizza soon for all passengers, the pizza was terrible.

Emirates Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Martin McCoy    (Australia)

Flew from Perth to Dubai, then from Dubai to the Seychelles, and then return. 10 seats across a 777 cabin made things very tight, and the lack of footrests made it very uncomfortable. I hated the outward leg so much I upgraded to Business Class on the Dubai to Perth leg of the return journey, and even that seat had too little elbow room. I will avoid them in future.

Emirates Customer review :  9 December 2013 by J Bryant    (UK)

06 October, EK3703, Dubai to Mauritius - OK. 16 October, EK3702, Mauritius to Dubai - OK. 17 October, EK011, Dubai to LGW - Very Good. My wife and I took 4 Business Class flights during our holiday to Dubai and Mauritius. 1 was very good, 2 were OK but 1 was awful. On 30th Sep the chauffeur driven transfer from home to London Gatwick was excellent. On arrival at LGW we were informed that our 9.15 pm departure to Dubai was delayed. Having read so much about the food on Emirates I chose not to eat the snacks in the Lounge but to wait for dinner on-board. We eventually took off just after 10pm, the seat belt sign was switched off shortly after but there was no sign of the cabin crew, they were huddled in the galley and eventually emerged just after 11pm to ask if we would like a drink. It then took until after midnight for them to offer dinner, by which time most people were settling down to sleep. I was sitting in a seat (9J) with the mattresses in the bin above and so was constantly disturbed by the crew/passengers opening the bin for mattresses. Later on I did try putting my seat flat but it would not go fully flat, I needed the footrest at the bottom to stop me sliding down. The bed is impossible to use without a mattress, you feel every joint and ridge so if you try it as I did, without a mattress you have to return to the sitting position to install a mattress. Whilst waiting for my dinner I tried the entertainment system. Every time I took the pad out of its dock I received the message "Wi Fi connection broken" so that was pretty useless. All the pad did was cause an obstruction in the seat arm and make it uncomfortable. My dinner, when it eventually came was pretty awful. I had chosen a lamb dish and it was just a mound of rice with a few pieces of lamb mixed in. It was only just warm and did not taste very nice at all. The bread roll that came with it was cold and doughy, as though it had just come out of the icebox and they had forgotten to put it in the oven. By contrast, the same roll on a later flight was warm, light and really very nice so it can be done. Did the cabin crew take the view that as we took off late, if they delayed service then most passengers would go to sleep and they would have an easy flight? On landing transfers to/from our hotel were slick and efficient. My wife and I are retired and travel extensively. We have travelled business class with BA, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Singapore Airlines and Iberia. As we left EK010 in Dubai on 01 October I turned to my wife and said "If that is Emirates Business Class I will never travel with them again". I am now booking our main holiday for next year to the Maldives. It was our intention to stop off again in Dubai, but after our experience on EK010 we have now decided to fly direct with BA Club World. Not only have Emirates lost our business but they have given it to a rival, and we will not be stopping in Dubai spending money on hotels, dining and shopping. Well done the crew of EK010.

Emirates Customer review :  9 December 2013 by M Parker    (UK)

LGW-DXB-ADL (and back). My first time flying with Emirates, and I was impressed. I flew on 777-300ER aircraft on each leg, and all four were clean and well presented. The in-flight entertainment (ICE) is as good as it gets if you're on a newer, wide-screen plane. Older planes have the familiar square-screen format with clunky remote control/phone and are far less impressive. What you get is luck of the draw - on the flight out, the shorter leg got the better entertainment, but on the way back it was the longer. The food was impressive (for an airline) and the staff were generally friendly and willing to serve. Criticisms? The flight back from DXB was delayed due to mist on the runway and the announcement wasn't clear or informative. Also, I wasn't woken for food despite clearly displaying the 'wake me for food' sticker, but staff went the extra mile to ensure I was catered for. In summary, I am impressed.

Emirates Customer review :  9 December 2013 by R Dinesh    (USA)

Flew EK 203 from DXB to JFK earlier today. Felt that the overall A380 experience was great. Good economy leg room, entertainment system and food selection. However, both on my onward journey and return, felt that the actual service by flight attendants were sub par. The staff was uncoordinated and there was public ridicule / admonishment by the senior flight attendant. She made it a point to "teach a lesson" to her junior staff amidst the entire travel population - very unprofessional. Didn't get the sense that they staff were necessarily working for improving the experience of the customers, but were more so "checking" the box of the things to do during the 15 hour flight. Overall, felt the service a similar Etihad flight (trying to compare apples to apples), was much better for US to Middle East route.

Emirates Customer review :  7 December 2013 by M Hassall    (UK)

Return flights from Dubai to Cape Town EK770 and EK771. We chose 36 J and K outwards and 24 A and B return. These were the most uncomfortable seats I have ever experienced, We are both average height but could not put our feet on the floor, 11 hours with legs dangling, a recipe for DVT.

Emirates Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Asuncion Arnel    (Switzerland)

October 26, ZRH-DXB-ZRH, B777ER (night flight). Top boarding, excellent cabin crew and service, delicious seafood meal and great ICE. Its always an unforgettable experience flying with one of the best airline in the world.

Emirates Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Brian Noad    (Australia)

From Sydney to Auckland return; excellent cabin service from friendly crew, delicious food with extensive drink menu, nice to have transport to and from home to airport.

Emirates Customer review :  4 December 2013 by K Le Quang    (New Zealand)

Booked myself on the flights bounded for AKL-MEL and SYD-AKL, both was served by A380-800 which I really enjoyed with the spacious seats, excellent in-flight entertainment channels on big screen. Staffs were nice, friendly. However, food is the minus for Emirates, at least with the Economy cabin on my flight from SYD-AKL. I ordered for the seafood and they brought to me a very thin slice of grilled salmon with tomato and smashed potato. Should re- consider to order for any seafood meal with Emirates in the future.

Emirates Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Steven Manootham    (Germany)

HAM-DXB-BKK-DXB-HAM. My last flight with EK was in 2006. My expectation was high with top IFE and onboard service like 2006, but sadly to say that all (except IFE and 30 kg baggage) have been changed. All flights on B777 with 3-4-3 seating still cramped like in 2006 but no footrest anymore. Onboard service was very decreased - no aperitif served / meals came 2 hours after taking off and only 2 crews served the meal per cabin sector. After finishing meal service 1.5 hours later the same crew came with drinks and wine trolley. It is impossible for all passengers to get drinks or wine with the meals because all have finished their meals before. And again 1.5 hours later same crew served coffee and tea. Finally after 3 hours the meal trays were collected from the same crew. After meal service all crews were absent no drink was offered during the flight anymore (luckily excellent IFE onboard - EK has 49 flights/week to Thailand but no Thai Movie or Thai Music). Return flights with same disappointed experiences. In fact the 30 kg. baggage regulation is good but the service drops extremely down, tiny uncomfortable seats, chaotic transit at DXB and the value for money of EK from Germany is no more excellent compared with other airlines that I will avoid EK in the future.

Emirates Customer review :  2 December 2013 by C Clark    (Kuwait)

A380 from JFK to DXB on 29/11. Late night flight was a bit disappointing, took 3 hours to serve dinner after takeoff. Why didn't they offer a small snack since we left after 11pm. They served breakfast 2 hours before arrival into Dubai, local time 6.30pm. Would have made more sense to serve dinner at that time. Food and service lacklustre. I think the A380 is too big for the staffing levels and the staff appear to be disinterested in providing a happy flight experience for their business class passengers. Bed is smaller than on 777, but still a comfy sleep. Have noticed a definite decline in service and quality since the partnership with Qantas.

Emirates Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Hendry Allen    (Indonesia)

CGK-KUL-DXB-FCO, return. Generous luggage allowance. Flights on time. Food was good, refreshments and snacks offered often. ICE was very entertaining. Great airline.

Emirates Customer review :  28 November 2013 by J Findlay    (UK)

Flew Birmingham-Dubai, Dubai-Sydney, Melbourne-Singapore, Singapore-Dubai and Dubai-Birmingham. Departed 4th November and returned 20th November. Birmingham to Dubai flight delayed 1.5 hours but the rest of the flights generally on time. Service generally very good with polite staff who were willing to chat during quieter times. Food was of a reasonable standard and I was never hungry. Drinks were always available if asked for and snacks appeared available if asked for. ICE system was good with many options. Most flights were on the 777-300ER which was not spacious but we made a good choice of a pair of two seats at the back of the plane. This appeared more spacious although the downside was that the second meal option was not always available. The leg from Dubai to Sydney was on an A380 which was more roomy and had better facilities for passengers. I would certainly recommend Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  28 November 2013 by Ahmad Irfan    (UAE)

I was travelling to Dubai from Chennai (EK 545) on 19th of November. My seat no was 4A. I am a silver card holder. The airline operated an airbus A330-200 on that day. In my opinion its the worst aircraft operated by Emirates. The inflight entertainment was not working for all the passengers and the crews kept saying "the inflight entertainment system on this aircraft is outdated" and that they apologized for any inconvenience caused to any passengers. The food was alright. The seats were tiny compared to the A380s and 777s. I would prefer traveling on Qatar or Etihad instead of Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Roger Lyon    (UK)

SYD-DXB-MAN in Business. First leg on A380. Delayed departure at Sydney but made up some time. Cabin Crew helpful, especially when ICE froze up and they made great efforts to fix it. Food plentiful and standard reasonably good. Arrived in DXB with only 45 mins to transfer, but made it in time and then sat on plane for another 90 mins while awaiting more connecting passengers. Business on 777ER not quite to 380 standard but still acceptable. Managed to sleep for a good portion of flight and missed final meal, though I was so full I wouldn't have eaten it anyway. All in all, if you can afford it, Business is so much preferable to Cattle class which I am normally flying in.

Emirates Customer review :  25 November 2013 by G Thompson    (South Africa)

JNB-IST-JNB, departed 7 Nov, return 17 Nov. All legs the flights were on-time, and the food was good on all sectors. Service also really good, no complaints. Had really good space, because we pre-booked the first row of two seats on the side of 777-300ER (row 46). Gives you considerably more room, although it comes at a price, in that your arms cannot fold away. Particularly good for a full flight.

Emirates Customer review :  27 November 2013 by K Wadhwani    (USA)

Delhi to JFK, Business class. The flight from Delhi to Dubai was at 4.10 am and got to sleep on that leg. But from DXB to JFK on A380 was the worst service I have experienced. Being a Gold member also it did not make a difference to FA to follow up on my request for water, wine or even food. They served my tray but never got my dinner. Had to go in the back to tell them and they kept arguing about it. Inconsistent on every step.

Emirates Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Steve Bennett    (UK)

LGW-DXB-HKG on 13 Nov. Very comfortable flight made all the better since I had 4 seats all to myself on the DXB to HKG leg. Awoke in HKG refreshed having had a full 7 hours sleep on the flight. Inflight entertainment was superb with many decent movies to choose from and a good selection of music. The only downer was that I ordered a diabetic meal, which was awful. I had one mouthful and that was one too many. Fortunately the cabin crew replaced it with something palatable.

Emirates Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Edwards Quentin    (USA)

Finally saved up enough Miles to upgrade one leg of my journey (LOS-BKK) from cattle class to Business class. I had heard good things about Emirates Business Class. Have flown Business Class on several other airlines and was extremely surprised to find that the Business Class window seat I booked was almost as small in width as economy class seats, in addition the entire set up was very cramped for me. The staff were friendly but were never seen after take off and dinner, no special care or help with anything. I had to ask other passengers how to lower the sun shades and many other things. All in all I feel like I wasted my award miles. I would never pay full price for Emirates Business Class.

Emirates Customer review :  19 November 2013 by B Page    (Austria)

I flew Munich-Dubai-Sydney, and the first leg of the journey was fine. The long leg to Sydney, was not. The entertainment system was not working, and despite many requests for help, the cabin crew were totally uninterested. They fobbed me off, and their attitude was appalling. 14 hours with no media at all was not good! One of the reasons I chose Emirates was the great ICE system. Never again!

Emirates Customer review :  18 November 2013 by T Teo    (Malaysia)

KUL-DXB on A380 business class. Compared to the last trip made in 2012, the service level on Emirates has improved tremendously, matching that of other 5-star airlines. The aircraft is comfortable, quiet and the food served was good. Entertainment - needless to say, remain one of the best in the sky.

Emirates Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Graeme Baxter    (Zambia)

Lusaka - Dubai - Singapore (Return). Lusaka - Dubai leg (economy), flight was delayed 24hrs (told the refuelling truck had bumped into the plane). Service from Emirates ground crew was great, efficiently booked into hotel and connecting flight changed immediately. Hotel was really good, service and food. The flight the next day was okay, 777, lucky to have the two seats on the side at the back of the plane. Dubai - Singapore leg, very good. Paid for a reduced price upgrade to B/Class, service and food very good. Return flight Singapore - Dubai was on the A380, fantastic plane, easy to board, lots of room (even in economy). Made use of the option of free accommodation in Dubai if your connecting flight is over 8 hours, hotel was average but it was nice to get a few hours’sleep, a shower and breakfast before flying on.

Emirates Customer review :  15 November 2013 by K Morris    (New Zealand)

Several trips on Emirates, all from New Zealand to Nairobi, with stop offs in Dubai. Most recently in September and October. On one flight there was some snapper served that tasted like it had been on the beach for a week! Otherwise food is good. I feel that water/ drink could be offered more regularly. Occasionally in-flight entertainment had glitches, movies were interrupted about 15 minutes into the flight to explain the entertainment system, but most of the passengers had already worked it out and didn't need the compulsory interrupting explanation. For one leg the plane was different to the one advertised, we had booked seats a,b,d,e,f (c doesn't exist in airbus 340), but we were then put on a Boeing 777 which had seat C, so our family of five was split apart by another person.

Emirates Customer review :  14 November 2013 by R Micci    (South Africa)

JNB-DXB-FCO-DXB-JNB. Flights full but very pleasant crew on all 4 flights. Food good and generous portions. I found the service a bit too slow even for economy class standards. Food ex Rome exceptionally good . Fantastic value for money but the downside is a rather lengthy wait between flights at Dubai airport on the return flight but it is a small inconvenience.

Emirates Customer review :  14 November 2013 by B McCullough    (UK)

LGW-DXB-KIX. Gatwick to Dubai was dismal - took the cabin crew 4 hours to finish the meal service. I was served my special meal first which meant I waited two hours for a drink to go with the meal and then 3.5 hours for a cup of tea. Dubai to Osaka better, mostly due to the fact that the majority of the passengers slept through this 3am departure. Seating is cramped at best - you shouldn't have passengers with overlapping elbows on long haul departures.

Emirates Customer review :  14 November 2013 by B McCullough    (UK)

HND-DXB. Haneda Airport is fantastic. Boeing 777-200 is of a manageable size so the cramped seating feels a little less overwhelming than the larger 777-300's on many Emirate's routes. 1am departure so skipped the main meal. Breakfast before landing was served quickly and efficiently. A good flight, but one which is an exception with Emirates and leaves one pleasantly surprised, rather than the rule.

Emirates Customer review :  14 November 2013 by David Husband    (Australia)

BKK-SYD in Boeing 777-300. 10 across in Economy takes it to the "new standard in comfort"? I don't think so! My preferred seat was not available, but fortunately there was only 1 other pax in the middle group of 4 to which I was allocated. Food was OK, but being at the back, the choices had diminished to only 1 item. FA was apologetic. IFE was hard to navigate, with less than clear instructions.

Emirates Customer review :  14 November 2013 by G Beak    (UK)

Birmingham to Dubai then Hong Kong on Boeing with 3-4-3 seat configuration. This configuration was dire and very uncomfortable. The crew were polite with good food and entertainment system. Return trip via Bangkok on the A380, to Dubai, a vast improvement in seat comfort. Unfortunately then back to the Boeing to Birmingham made bearable this time by the aircraft not being full and opportunities to spread out. A good airline but flight made very trying by the cramped seating in the Boeing 777-300ER.

Emirates Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Ross Clark    (UK)

AKL-MEL-DXB-GLA, 11 November 2013. Apart from one case when they didn't have what I wanted for a meal (as they'd run out) nothing to really dislike. Economy in a B777 is pretty good - but only as long as you don't have someone in the seat next to you (10-across seating, something Singapore Airlines has avoided in their B777s). IFE is superb.

Emirates Customer review :  13 November 2013 by D Bingham    (UK)

MAN-DXB-BNE-DXB-MAN crew very friendly and enthusiastic, AVOD very good, food very good but was a bit scarce - self brought snacks are necessary particularly on longer sectors. A380 was lovely, B77W config 1 and regional was cramped. Flights punctual and very well organised. Would use again and recommend but take snacks.

Emirates Customer review :  12 November 2013 by R Lyon    (South Africa)

MAN-SYD in economy. First leg on 777 and fairly poor. Service in air lacked a lot and IFE was for once, unpredictable. On landing at Dubai, it was a 15 minute bus ride to the Terminal which was tiresome. Security at Dubai not too bad, but as always, the airport was crowded and unpleasant. Second leg to Sydney on A380 and much better, although crying child three rows in front of me received no attention from crew, and kept bawling for most of the 13 hours plus! Food was OK, although it was noticeable that economies have been made. Overall not bad, but looking forward to the return trip in Business.

Emirates Customer review :  12 November 2013 by F Kelly    (UK)

JNB-BHX to HKG was very good. Both legs of the trip were as expected with the exception of the food service, having ordered three special meals, one being veggie, (inedible) and the others being low calorie we received chicken at both times. Chicken for dinner, albeit bland is ok but being woken up to the same chicken at breakfast is too much. On the return leg from Dubai to BHX I think they must have got the oldest plane in the fleet and filled it with every waif and stray they could find. (not a pleasant experience).

Emirates Customer review :  12 November 2013 by F Harle    (South Africa)

JNB-DXB return. First trip with Emirates in five years. New planes and phenomenal growth of this airline is evident as you transfer through DXB - only 777 and A380 livery for as far as the eye can see. Staff impressive on both legs, food very good, generous luggage allowance in Economy and IFE fantastic. Boarding formalities are well attended to - ensuring that people at the back are boarded first - really sensible considering size of plane and to help facilitate on-time departures. Number of security checks in Dubai makes no sense (when you have transferred from an international Emirates flight) and is tedious - the only letdown, as was the price of a drink and muffin in transit - but that is not Emirates' fault. Overall, excellent value for money, and will look forward to flying them again sometime soon if the price is right and connection times not too horrific.

Emirates Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M Singh    (UK)

Flew to Bangkok from UK and back, and satisfied with the whole experience. Pretty spacious seats and the entertainment and food was excellent. As a single male or a couple I can't see any problems with Emirates and would use again.

Emirates Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Emmanuel Guitard    (France)

DOH-DXB-CDG in First Class. Flights and classes selected for the aircraft equipment, EK changed at the last minute, a B777-300ER with private suite for a B777-300 old First class seat with 2 seats window/aisle. Even if we are not in a gastronomic restaurant, offering chicken with tomato sauce in First class, is very limited. The service on DXB-CDG can be compared to a 3 star business class service. I'm not impressed by a private mini bar or the shower on board A380 and would prefer more refinement in service, cuisine or equipment facility than a "bling bling" service!

Emirates Customer review :  5 November 2013 by E Stier    (Germany)

18/10/2013 from MUN-DXB, EK 50 and 19/10/2013, DXB-ADL, EK 440. The airfare was sensational and the opening offer for the route from DXB to ADL. Suites are great. The Service ranges from lousy and perfect. The cuisine was far from my expectations of Emirates, it was not good at all.

Emirates Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Ben Benavides    (USA)

Flew Oct 22-24, Houston-Dubai-Perth flight. The Houston-Dubai flight was the best I've been on. The plane was very well-staffed and the flight was only about half full. Some passengers managed to grab empty rows in center and stretch out to sleep. Food was very good - excellent curried fish. Refreshments and snacks offered often. ICE entertainment system was very entertaining. Only complaint would be some adult comments made by flight staff and some immature behavior. The Dubai-Perth flight was a different matter. Same number of staff, but plane was full of Aussie passengers headed home. No empty rows or seats. Food wasn't as good quality for this segment. That being said, Emirates is going to be my only airlines to get between Perth and Houston - no other airline comes close.

Emirates Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Vikas Pal    (India)

GLA-DXB-DEL, March 2013 return and then June 2013 one way with family. Staff were courteous at check-in, allowed to carry a bit of excess baggage. Food was good, but I was not provided with a veg meal on GLA-DXB stretch and had to wait for 1 hr to get food. One of the FA's apologised and offered more drinks. Overall satisfied with crew members, but not all the crew members are courteous to passengers especially in economy class.

Earlier comments for EMIRATES have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax