Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by J Springthorpe    (UK)

MAN-DXB-MAN. Business Lounge was ok, nice breakfast. Boarding gate quite a walk from the lounge - T1 pier at Manchester basic and clinical feeling. Boeing 777-300ER was clean and Business cabin was well presented. Crew professional and well groomed - Business friendly. Boarding drinks service promptly after seated. Departure on- time, after take off drinks order taken - delivered 1 hour later. Excuse, stock in economy. Two meal services, Breakfast (average) and Dinner before landing (Ok). Not overly impressed with the quality and taste of the dishes. Attentiveness of crew throughout the flight good, Inflight entertainment functionally impressive but choice of films and tv poor. Toilets clean and well stocked. Seat very good, fully lie flat with massage function - privacy could be improved. On time arrival into Dubai.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by A Ratnani    (Canada)

Traveled DXB-DAR-DXB on Boeing 777-300. Crew was friendly but responded to call after 2 hours. The entertainment system was ICE and had millions of movies and TV Shows to last you a year let alone a 5 hour flight. Seats were comfy but less legroom. Food was excellent no complaints. Overall I really enjoyed Emirates and would recommend it to anyone.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Bourke Bernard    (New Zealand)

Flights EK412 and 410 between Auckland and Australia. As an airline they are OK - but nothing special. Cabin crew not that good. Have had much better service on cheaper airlines. The A380 economy seats are better than some airlines narrower seats. Boarding and getting off the A380 is a real pain, so slow! Maybe its part airport problem also - but it will need fixing. Movie selection large. Not good value for money.

Emirates Customer review :  22 January 2014 by Uwe Peiter    (Germany)

FRA-PER via DXB, Dec 2013. Seating comfort was very poor and comparable to a cheap charter airline. Cabin Service was as poor as the seating. The crew were uninterested and unfriendly to the passengers. One FA was not able to form a complete sentence when he asked after the passengers wish (Chicken? Beef? Coffee?). FA call signs were generally ignored. If you want a bottle of water, you had to proceed to the galley. This was our first and last flight with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Robert Cuneta    (Canada)

Flew 2 way from JFK-Dubai-Manila last Nov, Jan respectively. The A380 was a nice airplane with decent seats, but the inflight service was underwhelming. The serving of the food was very disorganised and meal selections were always not available. The attendants were serving the coffee/tea at the same time they were serving the meal and beverage. Flight attendants were ignoring flight attendant call signal/buttons. I was disappointed thinking that the flight to Manila via Dubai would be better as the fare was more expensive and longer. The inflight services on flights via Asian routes are much much better, no comparison.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Mark Russell    (Australia)

Flew SYD-DXB-GRU-DXB-SYD in December and January. I am a Qantas Gold Frequent Flyer and had originally booked Economy but I upgraded to Business for the first leg and then received further upgrades on subsequent flights. Second time I have flown Emirates and was very impressed. Easy check-in in Sydney and Sao Paulo and transit in Dubai very easy. Found all staff, both inflight and on ground extremely friendly and helpful. Meals on all flights were excellent with a wide variety of choices - all accompanied by some excellent wines. The ICE - entertainment system offered incredibly varied options of entertainment. My only complaint was the angled lie flat bed on the B777-300 - I have a real thing about angled lie flat bed. Luggage arrived quickly and the "Priority" tag seemed if it actually meant something with Emirates - I am sure it is for appearance factor only on other airlines. Overall the flights were highly enjoyable, relaxing and I would definitely use Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  20 January 2014 by V Vedi    (UK)

EK005, 7th Jan, Business class with my wife and two boys aged 7 and 4. Very disappointing. The pre-ordered children's meals were not available! I was told by the FA that they had been given to other children. Why were there not sufficient meals on board? I can understand if an adult choice is not available but an airline of this supposed stature should not do this. The adult choices were spicy or containing beef which we do not eat. When I complained the FA giggled and offered me a drink! The service was disorganised and awful. I will avoid Emirates in the future!

Emirates Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Lee Grant    (UK)

Travelled London to New Zealand via Dubai and Sydney. Inflight entertainment was superb but unfortunately that's about the only positive thing I can say about the airline. Of the half dozen requests made to the in flight staff all were turned down, and we're not talking about anything special. Examples such as; "can I have a new set of headphones, these don't work", "can you please fix my screen as it won't turn on". Food service was shambolic, children's meals being sent out up to an hour before the rest of the service, crew walking around randomly with a couple of trays looking for people, repeated offers to give me a child's meal even though I had never asked for one! So inefficient. Once the main service started the crew constantly ran out of options, condiments, bread rolls etc. because they were blocking the aisles for so long, people who had been served wanted to use the rest rooms and the crew didn't want to let them past and didn't want to clear up the children's trays, which in some cases were there from 2 hours before. Having the inflight entertainment interrupted for Emirates advertising is pretty irritating too, especially when you are trying to settle children down who don't want a seat belt on pre take off. Lastly - would it hurt the crew to treat the passengers like customers? Smile, respond to passenger calls and don't stand around the galleys gossiping. Won't be flying myself and family again and wouldn't recommend Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Andreas Becker    (Germany)

HAM-DXB-HAM with B777. As always EK flight was fairly pleasant even when both flights have been packed. Entertainment system is second to none, space and food better than with all European airlines. Service good, both flights have been more or less in time. Check in procedure efficient. Unfortunately this time it happens to me that the stewardess spilled some coffee over my sweater. She felt very embarrassed and apologised with champagne from biz class.

Emirates Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Marcel Menard    (Malaysia)

The 777 kills it. The expected A380 between Kuala Lumpur and Dubai was switched a few day ago for the Boeing 777. What a let down. Yes the A380 is great but the seating on most 777s does not provide enough space and I am a normal shape. The idea of sitting at an angle or hugging the next guy for 7 hours does not appeal to me, enough to change airline which will offer me a wider seat. The 777 is a gold mine for the airline but not suited, too narrow, for an extra seat.

Emirates Customer review :  17 January 2014 by A Cahill    (Australia)

We flew Sydney - Dublin return and it was underwhelming, to say the least. The service on board was very poor, meals were rushed and it took over an hour and two requests to get a glass of water, on more than one occasion. The cabin crew were at best not very friendly with some being extremely rude. Passengers who needed to use the washroom during the meal service were told by one crew member to wait until after the service or they would not get back to their seat.

Emirates Customer review :  16 January 2014 by M Morris    (Vietnam)

I flew Ho Chi Minh City, transiting in Dubai, to London Heathrow. I usually fly Thai, because it's the fastest route by far, but the recent political protests in BKK made me think it was probably unwise to transit through Bangkok at the moment. I was deeply disappointed with the seat on the HCMC to Dubai leg of the journey. I was expecting one of those not quite flat, angled seat beds, but it wasn't even that. The 777-200 on that route is just a reclining seat. Since the flight leaves at 00.40 in the morning, I was hoping to get at least some sleep before Dubai. I fly business class to get the sleep. I might as well have flown economy. The food was very mediocre, as well. However, staff were very nice. The business class lounge in Dubai is excellent. I can't praise it highly enough. The food is great, the showers are wonderful and the staff are friendly and helpful. The second leg of the journey was on the A380, the seat was lovely - a fully flat bed in one of those little cubicles. Unfortunately, this leg of the trip was during daylight hours, so everyone was being very noisy and so, despite the bed, I couldn't get any sleep and arrived exhausted. The food on this leg of the journey was perfectly okay. The staff were all polite, but strangely distracted and not terribly co-ordinated on this leg. The wait between first course and main was about 40 minutes. Very odd. I don't know if anyone from Emirates every reads these things, but if they do - could you please put earplugs in the amenity kits? All in all, I'd say that although Thai planes are a little older and shabbier, the cabin crew are better trained and co-ordinated, the food is better, the seats may not be totally lie flat, but at least you get to lie down on the flights. And, most importantly, they always give you ear plugs.

Emirates Customer review :  15 January 2014 by W Thant-Cyn    (New Zealand)

Recently flown Emirates while on holiday with my family to Singapore and Sydney from New Zealand. I have very specific requirements when traveling due to using an electric wheelchair for mobility. Despite emailing the airline in advance with these requirements, I had a distressing experience using this airline. It was awful from check-in to landing. The customer service was terrible at the check-in desk. The Emirates crew at Sydney airport were unfriendly and they were more interested in talking amongst themselves. At check-in, I explained that I'd like to drive my wheelchair up to the entrance of the plane. Check-in staff made a lot of calls and eventually they assured me they were happy with my request. Having reached the gate with my family, the bad service continued. The lady at the gate was surprised to see me and asked why I wasn't in a transit chair. She refused to process my boarding early. She ignored my explanation regarding my wheelchair and brought out a transit chair for me to transfer into. When I refused, she made more calls and finally she allowed my family and I to continue toward the entrance of the plane. On board, usually, when a passenger with a disability is onboard, a Cabin Service Manager (CSM) comes to say “hello”and make sure all is OK. I was totally ignored. The food was terrible, to say the least. Flight attendants did not seem interested in passengers. When we landed, I had to wait for other passengers to get off first. Once the cabins were cleared I was told that a chair was on its way. 15 minutes later she showed us to a transit chair. My heart sank. I asked where my chair was and I asked that it be brought to the entrance of the plane instead. I pointed out to her that she clearly saw me board the plane with my chair and I was requesting the same procedure to happen in order for me to get off the plane. Within a few minutes my chair was brought to the plane. What could have been a very simple problem to resolve turned out to be a nightmare. I am hesitant to travel with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  15 January 2014 by Menton Peter    (Australia)

Bangkok to Sydney, departing 10/1/14, QF 8418. Very disappointing after all the hype. Check in was a long and tedious process and between my wife and I we were a couple of kilos over the checked baggage allowance and had to argue the toss for them to allow to 2 kilos over between the two of us. Boarding at Bangkok was confusing. The inflight service was not too bad, except we were served breakfast, missing the promised croissants and whe we brought this to the cabin crews attention they found two cold ones for us. We had to ask three times for our Sydney arrival cards to be given to us. The entertainment system is excellent. Following our first experience with Emirates would not recommend them as a first choice airline as there are better alternatives. Emirates is either expanding too fast or resting on its laurels.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2014 by E Shek    (Australia)

MEL-KUL-DXB-DEL, COK-DXB-KUL, SIN-MEL (the latter-most operated by QF). Return ticket (AUD1250) was excellent value for money. One of the more noticeable (but unfortunate) features was the rather surly and cold service across all EK flights. Most attendants were not too friendly, concentrating on mechanically serving their flights which were fully booked. However, food and beverage was solid and entertainment was excellent. Some points about particular flights: The EK409, MEL-KUL-DXB flight was unusually full of large families with young children, so be prepared for a screaming economy cabin if booking this flight I would hazard a guess. This is not ideal especially given that the flight leaves MEL a few hours after midnight when you'd want a sleep. EK give me an opportunity to upgrade my COK-DXB flight to business through email for AUD330 which I took up. It was an amazing experience (for someone who has never flown business before). Service (unlike the economy service) was very warm, friendly without being overbearing, and the food and drink was excellent and constant (I ordered extra bread and dessert brought out very willingly). One of the attendants even got out a staff camera to take a picture for me, which was a nice touch to the flight, as I had told them it was my first time on business class. EK346, DXB-KUL on the A380 didn't seem any different from other aircraft, although the inflight wifi was a added bonus. Overall I'd recommend EK for the excellent price, but don't expect tip-top Singapore Airlines-type service.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2014 by B Klug    (Germany)

FRA-DXB / SIN-DXB / DXB-FRA. One of the most overrated airlines in my opinion. Seats and food okay, but not more than average. Cabin crew far to young to provide professional service. All service rounds appeared quite disorganized and took ages. Crew friendly, but more into interaction with themselves than with the passengers. It´ s a pity, that QF is codesharing with this airline on the FRA-SYD route.

Emirates Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Perhaps it really doesn't quite get any better than this. Traveling in Emirates suites on the 777-300ER from Bangkok to Amsterdam is pure luxury and there are less than a handful of airlines that can compete with this product. The suite is luxuriously appointed, very private and the seat converts into a very plush bed. You may as well be flying in a private jet. The service is impeccable. From the champagne, Arabic coffee and dates that greet you prior to take-off, to the a la carte food menu that you can choose to eat at any time, the service is attentive, friendly but not over-bearing. Perhaps the only complaint for the 777-300ER product would be that the lavatories are a bit cramped. Given that you want to change into your pj's prior to take-off, there could be a bit more space to change.

Emirates Customer review :  13 January 2014 by J Freeman-Duffy    (Australia)

First Leg was SYD-DXB then DXB-DUB and return was LHR-DXB then DXB-SYD. First leg was great journey considering was on the A380, so much space and room to move about the aircraft. Inflight entertainment was excellent so much on offer (all four flights) maybe too much on offer. Was hard to pick what to watch. Food was decent though I did order special meals to get served first. Second Leg was in a B777-300 this flight was jammed full! Limited seat pitch and hard to get out of the seats and crowded. Staff on this flight very slow and a smile seemed to difficult. LHR-DXB was excellent although the purser seemed a bit childish! Flight wasn't full but still busy. Now the DXB-SYD this were the troubles begin! Check in agent in LHR doesn't check all the way through to the final stop. Got to the gate in DXB wasn't checked in, came as a shock so spent 13 hours in Dubai which thanks to Qantas was made easy not Emirates. DXB-SYD night flight with night arrival. Flight was full but once again on an A380 so made that journey a little easier. Overall a good journey with Emirates!

Emirates Customer review :  13 January 2014 by C Koebele    (UAE)

Business class Dubai to Los Angeles - 16 hour flight, regular fare and the entertainment system did not work on my seat, kept resetting itself. Cabin attendant friendly, but apart from resetting (which he did about 5-6 times) he didn't offer any other options. After nearly 3 hours I asked for the purser who re-set yet again twice and finally offered a change of seat. The selection of the entertainment wasn't great. Food average. I took another trip in December, to Europe, again due to the direct connection, but again very poor selection on entertainment and food was not good at all. I would book Emirates again or recommend to family/friends, but only if the price is much lower than other options.

Emirates Customer review :  10 January 2014 by B Bouvard    (Hong Kong)

Flew from HK to Lyon via Dubai for Xmas holiday. I usually fly with Cathay but this trip with Emirates was much cheaper this time and since I had never tried Emirates before I gave it a try. Overall it was good but I think it depends on the aircraft you are in. For HK to Dubai was in a Boeing 777, seems a brand new one, inflight entertainment was excellent! For Dubai to Lyon was in a A340-500, not bad either but the inflight entertainment was not as great as the on the Boeing. For the return trip was in a A330, inflight entertainment was really disappointing. Food was ok as well as staff. Compared to Cathay, I would say that Emirates' crew is not as friendly as Cathay's (less smile, seem to be quite "cold" sometimes). Nevertheless for the value for money I think I will fly again with them.

Emirates Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Dave Houlihan    (UAE)

DXB-DUB - Business class out and Y class back. Gold Member. The experience is a mixed bag, outward in Biz pick up on time. Flight on time, lounge is to me nothing but an upgrade from the main terminal with free food and drink. Staff all look over stretched and it is not in comparison to other leading airlines where you can have a quiet zone to work. Its over crowded , busy and too open meaning that all sounds travel. Flight fine, very full. Staff did their job but lacked any interaction skills. Return in Y, again flight over booked, their policy of 3x4x3 seating on the 777 is just too tight. ICE as ever was good and staff were not attentive, pressed the call button numerous time , they walked past me. Vanished for over 2-3 hours mid flight. Food on both legs was terrible, had ordered a low cholesterol meal with low fat. Both times a salad with lettuce and tomato no dressing and fish in biz class was actually burnt so bad to was like plastic. I asked for an alternative and they had Biriyani. You get better in Y class on Saudia for a 1.5 hour flight. In Y class on return chicken breast that you could put through a window and white rice, inedible. Its a pity Qatar don't start entering this route as I would gladly fly them in future. Emirates are expanding at a fast track rate but seem to be loosing the edge when maintaining standards.

Emirates Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Sjoholm Magnus    (Sweden)

In December, I flew Emirates on 4 different occasions, from Copenhagen to Dubai/Bangkok, and I'm sorry to say, that I was disappointed. The most annoying was the slow and confusing service of the cabin crew, it took more than 2 hours for them to serve anything on each of the flights, and it seemed like they were all trainees. On the first flight, we had great, large new screens for the inflight entertainment system, but on the other flights the planes were equipped with an earlier version, which was not at all as good. The check in and boarding procedures worked fine, although there are always a lot of people who don't understand the boarding priorities. The food and beverage were of average quality, and you more or less had to go and ask for the drinks by yourself. I will travel with Emirates again, if I will get a good price, but not for the comfort and service level.

Emirates Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Clara Anthonyamy    (UK)

Kuala Lumpur to London Heathrow on 5th January 2014. The prices are reasonable and the service is quite good. 2 years ago, I felt the attitude of the cabin crew was poor so I avoided the airline after that. The staff were not responding to calls and was even rude to passengers. This year I thought I'd use Emirates again. I rang my call button twice and both times, it took them more than half an hour to respond. They just didn't seemed bothered about serving. The food was served very late. In summary, Emirates is a good airline but they just need to buck up with the cabin crew service.

Emirates Customer review :  8 January 2014 by R Rowe    (Australia)

MEL-AKL-MEL, A380. Check in was easy and pleasant staff onboard were professional and helpful. Emirates are fantastic when travelling with children. A380 aircraft is comfortable and pleasant to travel in and the bar at 40 thousand feet a wow factor. Food was good for airline food. Ice entertainment excellent. I would recommend.

Emirates Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Dave Andrew    (UK)

GLA-DXB-BKK-DXB-GLA. I flew from Glasgow on the evening flight to Dubai on EK 026 on 10 Dec and have to say the service from the cabin crew was outstanding and very friendly. Meals and drinks were given in good quantities and the service was fantastic for a night flight. Well done, However next flight on EK 372 to Bangkok on the A380 was appalling and inappropriate for the standard of Emirates. No bar service bad food and poor cabin crew. I feel bad in saying this. Return flight was on 07 Jan on EK 371 evening flight to Dubai service was again outstanding, friendly cabin crew, poor food as only breakfast but it was a late night flight. Good full bar service and outstanding cabin crew which did an excellent job. Last flight was on EK027 and the cabin crew were excellent, food was very good and a good bar service which was up to Emirates high standards. I have been flying with Emirates for over 10 years and reached Gold status but now have Blue status. I feel that overall Emirates is excellent, good value for money have excellent cabin crew which fly on modern aircraft with a good safety record. The downside is the A380 flights are a hit and miss and overrated. Also I feel Emirates has expanded too quickly to take on other middle east airlines and that the Emirates high standards are falling.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by M Yeatman    (Australia)

SYD-AKL-MEL, A380. Very disappointing, I have flown Emirates about 10 times and it is consistently deteriorating now to the point where it is not worth bothering with. The previously generous and hi-spec economy meals have been replaced with a smaller tray with much lower quality food. The crew on both flights were unprofessional to the point of it being quite sad, on the first flight the service was a shambolic mess and on the second they were far more concerned with flirting with each other and chatting rather than serving passengers. Call bells were never answered, meal service took far too long on both flights and the toilets were utterly revolting despite the newish aircraft. Only good part is the IFE. Sorry to say I won't fly Emirates ever again.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by N Siotto    (UAE)

DXB-FCO-DXB with A380-800. Wonderful experience starts at the A380 dedicated hub, a modern brand new mall with excellent food and shopping offering. Boarding despite the aircraft size and the number of fellow passengers is fairly fast. Seating is spacious, and the seat when laid back moves both the back and the seat giving the feeling of having double the inclination and increasing the comfort. Food was served and it was very tasty, probably one my best experience in economy class. The entertainment screen was outstanding, endless channels, games and not to mention the WIFI available onboard and the fact that mobile was working perfectly while cruising at 39000 feet. Amazing experience for an economy class flight both outbound and inbound.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

Flew from Melbourne to Singapore on First with my wife. Two cars came to pick us up from the hotel and after insisting that one is enough for both of us and our baggage, I sent of the other car. Check-in was pretty quick and the staff at the counter noticed that it was my wife's birthday so he chatted with us while processing our baggage. Immigration clearance was done swiftly with the fast track card. Spent an hour at the lounge before making our way to the boarding gate. FAs welcomed us warmly and ushered us to our suites. I have planned to surprise my wife with a cake so I arranged for it over the phone with Emirates contact centre way before my travel date. The suite was big as A380's (We flew on a B777-300ER) and the crew were excellent. Pre-take off drink with nuts, Arabic coffee with dates, cold towels, Bvlgari amenity kits, Pyjamas and Menu card were distributed while taxing for take-off. They offered an a la carte dinning with wide variety of selections. The food was fantastic. Especially the Arabic mezze (a must try). Restaurant quality food and the service were efficient. Plates were cleared promptly and the next course was served on time. The chief FA came by my seat and requested to meet him at the business class galley so that we plan for the surprise without attracting too much attention from my wife. He showed me the cake and I bought a gift from the on-board DFS. They brought the cake with tiny lights around it and greeted her. They took plenty of Polaroid photos of us. It was a very memorable flight for both of us.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Elliott Patricia    (UK)

I flew with my husband on our first Emirates flight on EK434 and EK435 Business Class to Brisbane in November, we usually fly BA or Singapore Airlines. I have a few comments to make on the trip first of all the food and drink service was appalling. We had to wait for service, were omitted on several occasions and by the time the drink came around the meal was finished. I asked for drinks on a number of occasions and didn't get it even using 2 different male/female cabin crew. I had to get up myself and go to the bar for water on several occasions to find the staff chatting quite happily in the rear oblivious to the alert light I had pressed for assistance . But the most disappointing part of the trip was on the short stopover in Dubai business Lounge on the return flight, we expected to have a shower and change. The facilities in Dubai were pathetic, there were queues and the turnover in cleaning the shower cubicles was painfully slow. We gave up and continued on our journey without refreshing, the Business lounge in Dubai leaves much to be desired, it is difficult to find food and the way it is designed could definitely be improved. After British Airways and Singapore Airlines and Qantas we would put it bottom of the list.

Emirates Customer review :  6 January 2014 by C Price    (France)

ZRH-DXB-MRU, 8/12/13, Business out. Business is is OK but not "world class". Staff are attentive but not all the time ! Return in economy. Emirates economy must be one of the most uncomfortable experiences of any airline. 10 seats abreast on a 777, no footrest on the DXB-MRU leg on an old aircraft. Emirates must be one of the most overrated airlines on this site.

Emirates Customer review :  3 January 2014 by D Borillo    (Spain)

MAD-DXB-NRT-DXB-MAD. All flights served with 777-200LR and 777-300ER. All flights left on time and arrived on time or early. Seats were comfortable enough as to manage some hours sleep and seat pitch adequate, it didn't feel that cramped as stated in previous reviews but I guess because I picked the two seat row at the very end of the cabin. All seats I preselected were honoured which was nice. Outbound I did online check-in which worked fine and used the dedicated online check-in counter at Madrid which permitted me to skip the long queues for economy check-in. On board cabin crew were polite and hard working, specially on the NRT-DXB leg. All requests were promptly met and you could ask for any kind of drinks and snacks between meals. Food was nice and tasty and portions adequate with several options to choose from I missed breakfast service on MAD-DXB leg though. IFE is the highlighted point of Emirates, selection of movies is huge in so many different languages, Big high resolution screens and an easy to navigate system. A great experience overall and looking forward to fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Handoko Taniwidjojo    (Indonesia)

We were a group of 4 that flew AKL-MEL in EK 403 (QF 8761) on Dec 25. It was a very pleasant flight with A-380.

Emirates Customer review :  3 January 2014 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

The chauffeur arrived at the hotel on time and helped us to load the luggage and drove us to the airport on a Holden Statesman car. The Emirates Check-in counter is the first counter in the row, which is quite convenient. Check-in was swift and we were handed a pre-clearance form along with our boarding passes. We cleared past the baggage screening and emigration in a jiffy. We made our way to the Emirates lounge located right above the departure hall. At the boarding gate they have a separate pathway for First and business class passengers. The FAs welcomed us and guided us to our suites. We were given a pre-take off drink, cold towel and Arabic coffee while we waited for rest of the flight to be filled up. A FA came to my suite and introduced himself and gave me a Leather bind menu card and told me that it's not an a la carte dining that night as it was just a four hour flight. Right after the take-off, the FA came to take the dinner order. I ordered a Mocktail while waiting for my dinner to be served and it was served promptly with warm nuts. Dinner menu and the choices were pleasing and the food was great. We decided to shower, the shower attendant notified us once the shower was ready. The shower was huge and had two types of timeless spa products. A series of shower gel, shampoo and moisturiser for relaxation and another series of products to feel refreshed. Other amenities such as razors, shaving cream, moisturiser, cologne and hairdryer were available too. When I returned to my seat the FA came with a detox drink and asked if I wanted the bed to be made. I relaxed at the bar's lounge seats while waiting for bed to be made. When I returned the seat was made flat and all set comfy with mattress, duvet and a Godiva chocolate placed on my desk. Overall, it was a pleasant flight and great service.

Emirates Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Taimoor Tariq    (UK)

Travelled from Manchester to Lahore. Seats were fairly comfortable, staff was very good, food was nice, toilets were clean. Inflight entertainment was really good, I enjoyed watching the movies. The only thing that I didn't like was the delay of up to 20 minutes!

Emirates Customer review :  2 January 2014 by N Dibe    (Australia)

Economy class from Dubai to Bangkok on A380. The hype was great and the result disappointing, the seats were narrow, minimum leg room and back of the seat in front of me reclines into my lap. Furthermore I felt that the seats were as cramped as on a charter flight. I will choose an old 747 or 777 for my future travels. I recommend Emirates but not the A380 for tall passengers.

Emirates Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Kole    (UK)

NCL-DXB, DXB-BKK-HKG, then return on the same flights. Outbound Newcastle to Dubai on 777-300ER. Very good flight - good food, good choice ICE entertainment system. Dubai to Hong Kong via Bangkok on A380. Again, very good flight - spacious seats and same ICE system as on previous flight. Food reasonably good on this leg of the journey, but not as good as first flight. The choice I wanted was unavailable on BKK to HKG leg, but the option I was served was nice enough. Return Hong Kong to Dubai via Bangkok A380. Same comments apply about A380 as before. Another good flight except food on this flight. Food on both HKG - BKK and BKK - DXB legs were poor and a massive contrast to the other 3 flights. I experienced the same on a previous Emirates Hong to Dubai flight, so this looks a like a localised Hong Kong supplier issue. Dubai to Newcastle on 777-300ER - same as outbound - very good flight and very good food. Both 777-300ER and A380 used same ICE, so same inflight entertainment across all flights - loads to choose from and good variety. Touch screen sometimes a little unresponsive on return flights. Cabin crew were generally good and helpful with queries, but slow with food service sometimes. Outbound Newcastle departure was delayed due to late incoming flight, but other flights were on time or within reason. Transfer in Dubai was easy and hassle free - around 2.5 to 3 hours each time. Overall, except for the couple of things mentioned above, very impressed with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by S Wanasundera    (USA)

EK 201 on 26 November. Return on 24 December. A380 JFK-DXB. Staff were unprofessional. Spent a lot of time chatting in the galley, while setting up and serving meals took a long time. In between meals, a fasten seat belt sign was on for long spells with no apparent turbulent weather and no one allowed to leave seats even to head to a toilet! No drinks were offered so, people had to make their way to the galley. Once a meal is served it takes hours for the trays to be cleared. Passengers walked the trays to the galley themselves! Although the menus are handed out at the start (on one leg it was the wrong one) most often in economy the choices had completely run out and the only comment from the staff was "we have bad news". The A380 is too big, too crowded, too noisy, too uncomfortable, too irritating and no way to travel on a long haul.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by J Choi    (Hong Kong)

LHR-HKG via DXB. The seat pitch was surprisingly generous aboard the A380, EK006 from Heathrow to Dubai. The ICE entertainment was superb, the staff were friendly and the catering was above average. What I disliked the most was the boarding 'process', they had to make it sound 'so grand'. I sat at the front, and by the time I boarded and requested for eyeshades, they were gone already. Also, it is very hard to hear what the guy was saying as there were a battle of voices between our flight and the Qantas flight at the next gate. The queues for transfer were very long in Dubai but it was pretty inefficient. However, it takes 40 minutes to get from the first gate to the second, although at a leisurely pace. The second flight from DXB-HKG was far more horrible. We had to endure the horrendous 3-4-3 configuration. The ICE entertainment on the 777-300 was not as modern as the A380, thus the person behind me had to press the screen with tremendous force every time to get his TV working. The screens were also far smaller and much harder to operate. But in terms of service, it was really average. In conclusion, the first flight was close to being perfect and the second flight slightly disappointing.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Omid Golahmadi    (UK)

We flew 4 times with Emirates LGW-DXB-IKA, IKA-DXB-LGW. We flew there and back from DXB on a B777-300er it was very quiet. Entertainment was very good with the latest movies. But the flight to IKA from DXB was a let down, the entertainment had 20 channels. The food was very nice. I would fly Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by J Tinning    (Austria)

I flew from Dubai to Perth (return) in Dec 2013. I am very impressed with their quality of customer service and hospitality. This 11 hour flight felt much shorter as I was very comfortable, relaxed and entertained by the ICE system. It was also very comfortable to sleep in the very wide seats. USB and mains power supply is provided for charging devices. The highlights of these flights were certainly the crew and the catering, which was of a very high quality, served to you with steel cutlery. Even economy passengers receive luxuries normally expected for business and first passengers. The crew spoke very many languages and were very approachable. Emirates certainly deserve number 1 airline for the years to come, and I wish to fly with them to Australia again.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

Flew from Brisbane to Auckland in business class on an A380. The business class is located on the top deck of the flight. Two sections with 1-2-1 configuration which enables aisle access for all passengers. The single seats on both sides are not aligned with the center seats thus giving you some privacy. The crew warmly greeted and guided us to our seats as we entered the flight. The stewardess introduced herself and told me that she has been assigned to look after for the day's flight and offered the breakfast menu and a pre-take off drink. Each seat had its own selection of drinks that includes a fruit juice, two fizzy drink cans, still and sparkling water. My wife decided to sleep through the breakfast service but the attendant was concerned and asked if she is feeling ok. The breakfast included fresh fruits, freshly squeezed juices, toasted muesli and yoghurt. The hot selection served omelettes and sausages or classic French toasts. I went for French toasts with maple syrup and berries. Food was warm and tasty. I ended of my meal with a cappuccino, which had Emirates logo dusted on the foam. Nice touch The in-flight entertainment was great with wide variety of movies and dramas. The noise cancelling headphones were good too. The only downside of the center business class seats are leg space. It feels cramped with the leg room extending below the seat in front you.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by T Mahr    (Germany)

CMB-SIN in late December. Flight boarded late although had arrived on time from DXB with no explanation and a call 40 mins before anything happened. Relatively comfortable seating on a 777 - the two of us had one of the only rows with only two seats at the very back. Great inflight entertainment but let down by lousy service. They seemed disorganised at best and the meal and drinks took 2.5 hours to arrive. Quality of food not good but given plenty of actually drinkable wine with a smile and apologies. Great arrival experience in SIN - we were out 20 mins after touch-down.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by J Avramovic    (Slovenia)

MUC-MCT via DXB and return. Travelled with my wife and 1.5yr old son. The whole middle front row (4 seats) was just for us. Very comfortable seats, pleasant and very helpful flight attendants. A lot of small gifts for the baby and an excellent inflight entertainment. Would definitely fly with them again!

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by S Gill    (UK)

Flew from Durban to London Gatwick via Dubai. The first leg of the flight was awful - seat backrest was broken, staff could not fix it so they moved us to two different seats, which were even worse, with a solid lump at the base of the backrests that made it impossible to get comfortable in any position on this long flight. The second leg was great, in a two-week old aircraft where we could finally sit in comfort. Unfortunately, the Durban-Dubai experience has put me off Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Gillian Morgan    (Australia)

Travelled on a Qantas ticket from Perth, Australia to London Gatwick on 19th December. Firstly we could not find an overhead locker to out our 1 piece of luggage in. I asked an attendant to assist us and he stated "I am not a luggage attendant". Next it took 2 hours to be offered any form of refreshment and then it was abysmal. I wanted another drink and buzzed for assistance but nobody came. The inflight entertainment was excellent though, but all in all a bad flight - Perth to Dubai. Dubai airport - the Emirates lounge was the best I have ever been in and enjoyed the 4 hour lay over. Dubai to Gatwick - slightly better as the staff were a little more customer focused. Food terrible though. Will be travelling back in the new year and am not looking forward to it, but this time a stop over in Dubai may make the experience a little better. Never again will I travel on Emirates unless I can afford Business class.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by D James    (South Africa)

Cape Town to Bangkok-departed on time, excellent IFE, good quality food and drink. Airline staff seemed a bit scarce! But we're mostly engaging and friendly. Transit through Dubai is not a pleasure, the airport is one of the most unsettling places to visit. Pity the airline and the airport are so different.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by M Caplan    (UK)

Flew 6 flights recently in business with Emirates. All on 777 and A380. All flights on time, Glasgow to Dubai then to Bangkok to Sydney, Melbourne to Singapore then to Dubai and back to Glasgow. Every car arrived on time, check in a breeze, as was passport control with special pass. Made travelling a pleasure. All personnel were fantastic, kind and attentive. Food great as was wine, and in every detail, Emirates are way beyond the competition. Have read some other reviews which are rather negative. Since we flew so many times, I fail to understand the problem. Compared to recent BA experience to New York, Emirates are on another level.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Ranaweera Ravindra    (Japan)

The fleets are new, comfy. Flew Narita-Dubai-Munich and Rome-Narita. Always wanted to try A380. The FA's were awful. On one flight the table was dirty. I took 4 flights in total and every time I experienced something horrible. Firstly they didn't give me the bread and I had to ask 2 times for it, next I had to wait over 15 mins to receive my main dish. I asked for water that I didn't receive. This is the worst airline service I have experienced so far.

Emirates Customer review :  25 December 2013 by R Breakwell    (Australia)

NBO-SIN-NBO. First leg was alright but nothing great. Food service was slow and FA didn't clear trays for ages. Second leg to Singapore on A380 was much anticipated but disappointing seat configuration thus narrow seats thus alot of discomfort. SIN-DXB was much better but had to keep asking for water/drinks. Don't know why they just don't offer bottles of water like in business class. Flying from Singapore to Perth on Qantas, we were given bottles of water to rehydrate - great for a 5 hours flight and essential for a 10+ hour flight which Emirates should consider. Last flight was the worst - lots of turbulence so we didn't get any meals. Not Emirates fault but the crew were very unprofessional. Very thirsty flight again as not enough water/drinks provided. Granted we had to remain seated during the turbulence but one cup of water and 1 juice is not enough for a 5 hour flight. Cabin crew on all sectors were not very helpful and not very friendly. Same could be said of counter staff at the business class lounge. We've been flying Emirates for 10 years and except for the last couple of years due to a change in our country of abode and travel patterns, have had to use other airlines so have slipped down to Skywards silver status. We were planning to use Emirates more for our 2014 flights but will now consider other airlines. The only saving grace is the ICE entertainment system which helps you forget the lack of water/drinks, the bland food and that tray in front of you.

Emirates Customer review :  23 December 2013 by D Thomas    (Australia)

Bangkok to Sydney. Have previously flown this leg 6 times with a well-known Thai based airline. As per our Sydney to Bangkok flight with Emirates the boarding was delayed. At least this time there were announcements from the boarding gate to explain what was happening. The dinner was a decent size but bland and tasteless. The menu only offers 1 dish to choose from. Then the so-called "breakfast" was just a tiny fruit salad with a bread roll. On the other airline I alluded to above the menu has 2 dishes to choose from (for both dinner & breakfast). The breakfast is also a full meal in itself. The cabin crew seemed a little more polite than on the Sydney to Bangkok leg although I still would not describe them as friendly or welcoming. They were a little slow to bring meals and water/tea/drinks etc. I thought the Inflight Entertainment was quite good with a wide selection of programs. I'd say both airlines are equal in that regard. They did hand out a little toiletries pack which is very handy and something the other airline doesn't do. They also gave our child a small pack with some items to keep him occupied. That was a nice touch and again something the other airline does not do. In summary I found Emirates to be overrated. The tickets were cheaper than the other airline by quite a few hundred dollars and did have a couple of little nice hand-outs the other airline does not. However I think that does not make up for the uncomfortable seating and unfriendly service.

Earlier comments for EMIRATES have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |