El Al Israel Airlines Passenger Reviews and El Al Israel Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  31 July 2013 by Dor Brown    (Israel)

TLV-YYZ. YYZ-TLV. Captain was very nice and welcoming like all flight attendants. The meal was ok. However, the aircraft was an old, dirty Boeing 767-300. It was very uncomfortable and small. The onboard entertainment was very poor. No individual TV's for this 12 hour flight! Wouldn't recommend for long journeys.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  25 July 2013 by S Kaczur    (USA)

JFK-TLV, TLV-JFK, 747-400, rows 25 and 26, seats a/b/c. The cabin definitely showed its age, but appeared clean. Lavatories were also clean and remained so for the duration of our long flight. Service on board was not overly warm or friendly but certainly adequate and responsive. On the outbound, quite a few seats open in Economy Plus section a couple of rows in front of us and the flight attendant offered to let my husband sit there so my son could lie down across 2 rows and sleep. Food was adequate for economy class (but no alcoholic beverages offered except for red wine). On the outbound, my seat cushion in 26A was loose and there was a big gap in the back, exposing crayons and a number of other little goodies left over from previous flights. On the return, we sat in row 25, just behind Economy Plus. When the people in front of us reclined they may as well have been sitting in our laps! Good for them regarding the recline, horrible for us. Speaking of recline, my seat and my son's seat would not stay reclined and I kept having to adjust them. Entertainment system completely antiquated and limited! Thankfully I had a good book to read and it was a night flight! Overall, I would probably not fly El Al again until they update their equipment into the 21st century.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  11 July 2013 by Howard Levin    (USA)

Flew to Tel Aviv from JFK. Purchased Economy Plus Seat for $149 (One Way). Had more leg room, but seat was very uncomfortable. I'm not obese but large enough that I felt like I needed a shoe horn to get into and out of the seat. Foot rests were useless. Was in Row 1 - no overhead storage. Fiasco getting my luggage at arrival. Crew speak very softly on microphone. Aisles are so narrow because airline is packing as many passengers onto aircraft as they can. I heard complaints about legroom in Business Class. Not worth extra investment, I'm told. Eleven hours is a long time to be cooped up in such a tiny seat. Return flight was better but passenger comfort is not a priority for El Al. Security was fine. Most of the staff were very pleasant and fine. I would try another airline next time.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  11 July 2013 by J Brett    (USA)

JFK to TLV and back to JFK in June 2013. My second time flying them. El Al's product has improved but it is still a far cry from Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines and other top-flight international airlines. While staff were very good, everything else was mediocre. I don't sleep well on airplanes, but the economy class legroom on the 747-400 was inadequate and made a very long flight rather uncomfortable, even in an aisle seat. Food was OK, but I don't understand serving breakfast for a second meal on a daytime flight when it is already 2 pm at the destination. Because the second meal was breakfast, there was no soda served, so my choices were water, tea and coffee. While it was nice to have PTVs in economy, the screens were very small and the viewing options limited. I recommend going with another airline, even a U.S. one.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  4 July 2013 by J Shiva    (UK)

Flown EL AL many times but this trip had seemed to be the best. I flew from Luton to Tel Aviv after they dropped prices and increased frequency. Ground staff at EL AL we're very helpful along with security attitude improved, quick and easy boarding and a nice welcome onboard by the crew. EL Al had recently been buying many 767-300's which are soon to be replaced by the 737-900 but for the time that they're owning them they are upgrading them which was obvious to me with mood lighting and the installation with Economy Plus. The food was very good I couldn't complain but the absence of PTV is annoying.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  2 July 2013 by S Ptctan    (Germany)

TLV-ETH. Got a flight almost as cheap as the bus, but considerably faster. Security control (as non-Israeli) at El Als special terminal was terrible, almost missed my flight. Staff otherwise very friendly, little cookie and a glass of water were served.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  22 June 2013 by Berl Schonis    (Israel)

Munich - Tel Aviv flight. Delayed take off, bad inflight entertainment (small screens 3 rows away), average food, filthy toilets.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  4 June 2013 by P Greethead    (Australia)

We traveled from Bangkok to Tel Aviv and then a return flight 4 weeks later. Security was very thorough which we were happy with as it ensured a safe flight. Staff were efficient and friendly and the food was very good. I would definitely fly El Al again and recommend it to anyone flying to the region.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  23 May 2013 by Peter Paul Ng    (USA)

EWR-TLV, LY028, TLV-JFK, LY011, May 2013, Outbound B777, Inbound B747. Checked in 3 hrs early on a Sunday at EWR before 13.30pm flight. Polite pre-flight screening and check-in agents. EWR can be pleasant and uncrowded on a Sunday morning. After priority seating, its general boarding for all not by rows. Not chaotic but something to improve. Newish B777 seat pitch good for my small frame. IFE not bad for 10-11 hrs. Flight time. B747 seat pitch roomy enough for me but cabin and IFE looking tired but clean. Food passable, edible with regular drink runs. My low sodium meals were served ahead. Inbound they had sandwiches and drinks at galley. ELAL flight crew a gem. Rest rooms were clean. It's passengers who were messing them up. I wish people would not grab seats in front when standing. Annoying. Pilots were updating on PA regularly. I was able to take short naps on both legs which were quite pleasant. I would fly ELAL again should I visit Israel again.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  23 May 2013 by Paul Suliteanu    (Israel)

TLV-BKK, Economy Plus. Flight on a very old B767-300 4X-EAR. Good leg room in economy plus. Got an amenity kit. However, no entertainment, only a big screen. Slept much of the flight. One hour after takeoff served food but didn't eat. After that crew disappeared. They came back only in the end to serve breakfast which was a good omelette and a cake. Nice overall. Would not fly with them on this route unless they change the plane.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  22 May 2013 by Cohen Moti    (Canada)

We had a horrible experience flying with a baby from Toronto to Israel. We booked a seat with a bassinet and when we arrived we were told that our 11 month old is too old for a bassinet and the seats were reserved for younger babies. On board we discovered that an older (16 month old) baby received a bassinet. To make matters worse our originally assigned seats were occupied by travellers with no children. On this long haul flight there was almost no on-board entertainment. The service was poor and meals were extremely small leaving us and other passengers hungry.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  29 April 2013 by Katz Shira    (Israel)

Yesterday I flew from NYC to Israel. In the section I was sitting in there was something wrong with the speakers. Every 2-3 minutes, for about a minute at a time the speakers would make a horrible screeching and buzzing sound for the duration of the flight - for 10 hours. The flight attendant tried to fix it, eventually offered ear plugs. I have never seen so much chaos or got so little sleep. Due to the chaos they took longer than usual serving the meals and served the kosher special meals long before other meals. I will never fly El Al again!

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  18 April 2013 by A Lipman    (Israel)

We traveled from TLV-JNB on EL AL and then on to CPT in December 2012. I have been travelling EL AL all my life and this trip showed how the quality of their product has deteriorated. We flew on an old 762 which only benefit was the good legroom. The food (special kosher) was atrocious, there was only a limited (non alcoholic) bar selection and the entertainment was virtually non existent. Fortunately it was a night flight and the reasonably spacious aircraft allowed us to sleep. The staff however were very friendly and helpful and I felt they were trying to make up for the inadequacy of the rest of the product. On the way back SAA caused us to miss the EL AL flight back to TLV from JNB and very kindly sent us via London where we stayed with family for a weekend before returning to TLV on BA in one of their newly refurbished A321 mid-hauls.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  12 April 2013 by Indranil Chakrabarty    (Australia)

Service or the lack of it no surprise at EL AL. If you want to fly from Asia/Australasia to Israel EL AL is probably the only airline to fly. Which is why the flights from BKK are packed 744 featuring bad food, non- existent service, filthy toilets and dated interiors.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  12 February 2013 by B Zlatopolsky    (UK)

LON-TLV-LON. Excessive security which wasted all of my pre-flight time and messed up my luggage. Flight out was on time but I didn't get any service (only slept for an hour so maybe happened then), nothing on waking up. On the way back at least had entertainment system, but was probably from the 80s on a dated 747-400. Food was rubbish, service was non existent (I had to ask multiple times for a landing card). This also tends to be a very expensive airline so will avoid.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  7 February 2013 by L Eitam    (Israel)

TLV-PRG on a very tired looking 737-800 with just one class. Plane was cramped, narrow seats with insufficient legroom. The seats were dirty and the plane smelt. No personal screens so movie screened on overhead aisle screens. My headphones didn't work. Surprisingly there seemed to be a huge number of flight attendants. I counted at least 12 going back and forth while pushing trolleys full of duty free items and trash. Toilets weren't cleaned during the flight - plane was dirty from start to finish.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  28 December 2012 by O Nacht    (Israel)

TLV-JFK-TLV. Business Class. Outbound on 777, Inbound on 747-400. El-Al's problem is neither the aircraft nor the service but the competition. Practically all other airlines flying direct on this route or similar ones to the East Cost have switched to seats that recline to a full horizontal flat-bed position. El-Al, insisting on an old fashioned 3-compartment configuration with a separate first class, must differentiate the first from the business and remains with those seats that leave you slipping toward the floor in your sleep. Also, the in- flight entertainment system on the 747 is years behind, and offers close to nothing. They'll either have to catch up with the rest of the pack or be left with their ultra-orthodox crowd. It's a pity because the crew on both flights was eager to please and sometimes downright enthusiastic, much more pleasant than anything I've encountered on other airlines.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  15 December 2012 by Danny Gräber    (Israel)

Tel Aviv TLV - Warsaw WAW - Tel Aviv TLV. Both flights with Boeing 737-800. Leg space quite satisfactory, seats stiff, nice in-flight entertainment, lovely meals on both directions and extremely efficient and friendly crew, always around and ready to assist. The only problem was punctuality: flight was one hour late in one direction and more than an hour late on the other. Crew explained that happened due to the late arrival of the plane in both directions. All in all, a very positive experience.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  6 December 2012 by Claudia Heidel    (Germany)

I took Royal Jordanian from Berlin to Bangkok which was fine. My return was on El-Al. Flight from Bangkok to Tel Aviv was more than 4 hours late and we were kept in the dark and our queries basically ignored. The flight itself was on a very old tired B747 with no IFE's and a cold meal for a very long flight. I also fail to understand why El-Al flight attendants do not clean the toilets. I missed my connection to Berlin and my frustrations were met with shrugs and I was offered one measly food coupon for the next flight in 8 hours, no hotel, nothing. My flight to Berlin was only slightly better.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  4 December 2012 by Brian Levy    (Ireland)

JFK to Tel Aviv. Terrible experience to say the least. It's been quite a while since I've taken El-Al and it will definitely be my last. The aircraft was newish but the food that was served us was inedible and cold served by the rudest flight attendants I've encountered in years. The bathrooms were filthy just an hour after take- off and were never cleaned. My IFE wasn't working and I got a cold stare when I asked the FA to fix it. Many passengers ignored the seat belt signs throughout the flight and the flight attendants basically didn't care. Never again.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  2 December 2012 by Nadav Yeshayahu    (Israel)

TLV-FRA and back. From Tel Aviv on Boeing 737-800 and returning from Frankfurt on a Boeing 737-700 aircraft. Cabin staff fine, although looked sullen when I asked for some water. Legroom was fine. Overhead screen poor quality, but good entertainment with no selection. Food was really good, even on the return flight there were special Passover kosher rolls (kosher meals are served on all EL Al flights). Bathrooms kept cleaned entire flights. Boarding both Tel Aviv and Frankfurt was fast. Flights were on April this year, I heard they improved since. Overall would travel El Al again.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  23 November 2012 by G Afek    (Israel)

Trip was TLV-HKG. Aircraft was B772. Cabin staff were friendly, efficient and professional. Couldn't ask for more. Leg room was cramped for a 1.83 meter person. Seat comfort was fair or better. IFE would have been considered cutting edge in the late 90's. It included a personal screen, giving a disappointingly low resolution picture. Content was below the expected international standard, but still far from poor. I enjoyed the meal. Overall I would fly with them again.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  19 November 2012 by J Couch (USA)

TLV to YYZ on 767-300 old plane but everything was working ok. Bathrooms rooms were kept clean at all times. Flight was great. Food was excellent. I fly EL Al at least twice a year and always a pleasure.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  25 October 2012 by P Sharbi (Australia)

BKK-TLV-BKK. Full flight on old 747 in economy class. No alcoholic drinks served in economy class except small cup of wine before meal. Meal portions very small and not tasty at all. Entertainment was good with back seat video screens, but on return flight old 767 aircraft with no back seat entertainment only large screen which could hardly see. Toilets dirty and although I complained to hostess not cleaned throughout flight. The fare was quite high and was not value for the price paid.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  23 October 2012 by A Wechsler (Australia)

Economy Plus from Bangkok-Tel Aviv-Bangkok. Old planes but flight out ok, however return a disaster. Invisible staff, filthy toilets, mediocre food and after four requests and eight hours later, I was told they have no English papers on the flight. Unless there is an amazing deal on El Al, I will not travel with them again.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  20 September 2012 by J Meron (Israel)

Flew TLV-LHR 317 on Sep 3 2012. Flight was fairly full but boarding was uneventful. Food was OK although entertainment was very limited. The overhead lights on both our seats didn't work. I asked to be re-seated and there was a vacant seat across the aisle from us, however the stewardess said I couldn't sit there. Instead she offered me an alternative seat further to the front of the aircraft just behind a squalling baby.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  6 September 2012 by Steve Shannon (Canada)

LHR-TLV B747 Business (Upper Deck). First time with EL AL and was a little concerned given the mixed reviews on this forum. However, the flight was terrific. In the upper deck in business with attentive and friendly service. Food was delicious and the Israeli wines of a high standard. Cabin clean and roomy. Only [minor] criticism was the out-dated in flight entertainment - but I am not a big fan of this anyhow and prefer to read. Overall a great experience and will fly them again.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  6 August 2012 by L McCluskey (USA)

We allowed 3 hours for check in flying out of Tel Aviv on a non-stop to JFK. We began by entering a line for baggage screening, where a lovely young man asked us 4 questions. Next we proceeded to the counter to check in our bags and get boarding passes. We were not asked a single question by the check in agent. Within 10 minutes we had cleared security and had boarding passes in hand. We then went to departures where we went through airport security, normal metal detector, hand luggage through a screening machine. We never encountered any type of interrogation or any rude employees. The entire process took less time and was less invasive than an airport in the states. We flew a 747, in coach, row 26, three seats together on left side of plane. The seats reclined a full 8 inches, comfortable for a long flight. The in flight entertainment was great. No problems with noise level or people congregating together as mentioned in several reviews, the food was hot and very good. I found the airline to be very professional, the flight was nice and I would fly them again.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  2 August 2012 by Antonio Ramos (South Africa)

Flew JNB-TLV on 14 July and return on 27 July in a B767. Aircraft relatively old but comfortable. Crew on both legs were friendly and constantly up and down the aisles offering water. Meals, both breakfasts and lunches, were quite tasty for airline food and the bread was served hot and really tasty. In flight entertainment was on the nearly the entire duration of the 9 hour trips. Overall a very pleasant experience.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  25 May 2012 by E Lerner (Czech Republic)

PRG-TLV-ETH and back 1-2 times a year + a couple of other flights. Good quality natural meals, especially on special orders (they are served first, too). Some interesting Israeli gifts sold onboard. Disgraceful security interrogations at check-in (claiming to provide real security, but probably more theatrical than secure). Generally not cheap, but occasionally offering very good deals.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  9 May 2012 by S Rozin (Israel)

Round trip TLV-Moscow. Outbound B767-300, ancient, without PTV. Generous leg room, and that's really the important feature. Young all female crew, happy to serve. Poor quality breakfast, a tiny omelette with yoghurt, roll and a mystery dessert. Frequent water runs by crew. Return on a B737-800.Good leg room again, no PTV again. Crew again young and friendly, service with a smile. This time dinner was much better than outbound meal. Frequent water runs - every 15 minutes. One can tell cuts in inflight amenities compared to previous flights. All in all, good value for money paid.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  23 April 2012 by Y Zirler (Israel)

I used this airline 6 times (4 on Bangkok-Tel Aviv route and twice Tel Aviv-Rome route). Staff were friendly and the food was good, entertainment was absolutely fine.

EL AL Israel Airlines customer review :  9 April 2012 by Peter Thackray (UK)

LHR-TLV-LHR. Flew out on B747 which had individual seat back screens with a choice of films playing in a fixed pattern. Return flight on B767 with overhead screens with no choice of inflight entertainment, screens old and poorly spaced made viewing entertainment a bit of a challenge. Both aircraft's were clean with inflight magazine and the usual seatback options. No amenity kits, just headphones, pillow and blanket. Boarding at LHR slow and delayed due to late arrival of incoming aircraft. Security checks very through, staff ok. Meal Service was slow as there seemed to be a huge number of "Special" meals that had to be distributed before the main service started. Quite a bit of hand luggage slowed down getting on and off the plane - also no formal boarding process just a first come first served. Outbound flight late, inbound flight more or less on time.

1 2 3