Edelweiss Air Passenger Reviews and Edelweiss Air Customer Trip Reports

EDELWEISS AIR Customer review :  18 September 2014 by G Pieper    (Belgium)

ZRH-LCA-ZRH was our first experience with Edelweiss but were very positively surprised! Comfortable seats, good legroom, excellent service (small gifts for kids, decent warm meal) and reliable timing, no complaints whatsoever!

EDELWEISS AIR Customer review :  19 August 2014 by L Porchet    (Switzerland)

ZRH-CAG-ZRH in Ycl for holidays. Great flights operated by LX aircraft. Very attentive crew and helping families on board. Breakfast on the outbound flight and sandwich service on the inbound flight with several round of drinks. The service given by Edelweiss is above average in terms of charter flight to summer holiday destinations. I will definitely use their service again.

EDELWEISS AIR Customer review :  7 July 2014 by B Jilek    (USA)

Booked a flight on the Edelweiss flight direct from Tampa to Zurich with Swiss. As a Gold Premier member, I provided my Star Alliance number during the booking and was advised that I would receive miles for the flight as it was being booked with Swiss Airlines. Once I received the confirmation, I noted that my Gold Premier number was not on the booking and called Swiss Airlines to find out why. I was advised it was somehow not on the reservation and they indicated it would be added. When we attempted to check-in online, the website was down so we had to wait until hours before the trip. Once it was up, I saw that my Gold Premier number was still not listed despite 2 prior attempts. In any case, we were assigned poor seats, didn't get priority boarding or any of the other perks that are supposed to come with Gold Premier status. When I contacted Swiss after the flight I was advised all the information we relied on in choosing Swiss was incorrect, per below. So even though we paid Swiss, which issued the tickets and the plane was referred to as a Swiss, there are no Star Alliance benefits. As to the Swiss affiliate, Edelweiss, the plane was hot, cramped, uncomfortable and all drinks were a charge for this 10-hour flight. This was on the way to and from. To add insult to injury, the staff were cold and short, even for people from Central Europe and Edelweiss will allow the Economy Plus (Extra) to go empty rather than upgrade anyone with Star Alliance status. Instead, they want $200 per person per way. The Economy Plus on our return flight was empty, yet they ran out of food (unless you want curry on a 10-hour flight) and we were only 3 rows back from the front of Economy. In short, we will never fly Swiss or Edelweiss again. Better bet out of Tampa is to drive to Orlando and take the direct on Lufthansa to Frankfurt.

EDELWEISS AIR Customer review :  2 July 2014 by A Petersen    (Denmark)

CPH-ZRH-PMI-ZRH in C class. Very impressed with Edelweiss in general. Nice clean aircraft and lovely and attentive crews. From PMI we were Lucky than Edelweiss changed the aircraft to their brand new A330-300 long haul aircraft, I guess to familiarise crew with the new aircraft. Food was nice and well presented on all trips, and all flights on time.

EDELWEISS AIR Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Michael Schellenberg    (Switzerland)

We flew in march from Zurich to Cape Town. The flight quality overall was very low. The entertainment system was very old (prehistoric), small screen, very few movies. Food was poor and we had to pay for alcoholic drinks, given the ticket price you would expect this to be at least included.

EDELWEISS AIR Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Nuno Jesus    (Portugal)

ZRH-FNC, C class. Outstanding service! Pre-departure drinks (champagne, juice, water), amenity kit as usual on long-haul flights, headphones, hot towels, full breakfast with good selection of cold, hot plate and bread/croissants and lots of drinks available. Hot snack service 1h00 before arrival. Crew very friendly, attentive and professional. On time flight. One of the best flights I ever did!

EDELWEISS AIR Customer review :  29 August 2013 by Michael Robinson    (UK)

Not sure if it is a charter or schedule airline. Travelled Geneva-Heraklion return. Excellent both ways, friendly staff, a nice lunch on way out, questionable on return. As a matter of personal conscious I do not eat Veal, however a bite of the sausage on return leg made me question it's ingredients to find it was veal. They should have informed pax prior to service so we had a choice to refuse. Other than that pretty faultless flights.

EDELWEISS AIR Customer review :  29 July 2013 by D Rhyner    (Switzerland)

Flight from ZRH to YVR and back. A 10 Hour non-stop flight: I had the best service. Very kind crew, who served something to drink every 30 min. The meal was very delicious.

EDELWEISS AIR Customer review :  25 March 2013 by William Brandoe    (UK)

GVA-TFS, TFS-ZRH. Flight out was in fact on LX metal, and was fine except they lost our bags and we spent 4 days in Tenerife without. Good seat pitch in Y, pleasant crew, good food. Return on WK metal - friendly crew, who gave us free wine after being told by TFS staff of our problems. Emergency exit row gave us good leg room. Good hot meal, plenty of drink runs. Toilets clean. Film shown, we had our own earphones. On time arrival at ZRH. Onward flight to LON, however cancelled due to snow.

EDELWEISS AIR customer review :  19 September 2012 by Christina Koh   (USA)

Score 10  out of 10

Recent trip from Zurich to Tampa. Check-in personnel fast and friendly, the stewardesses were delightful with smiles. The airplane was new, I had my own personal entertainment system. Great food and plenty of it. The plane took off on time. Plenty of seat space in economy. I paid less than I would have paid for the same trip with the airlines I usually booked with!

EDELWEISS AIR customer review :  9 May 2011 by Thierry Hackett   (France)

Score 9  out of 10

Round trip to canary islands on this Swiss airline. Clean aircraft, friendly and efficient FAs, good info from the flight deck - deserves a 4 star ranking!

EDELWEISS AIR customer review :  30 October 2010 by Bernhard Voelcker   (Germany)

Score 8  out of 10

Frankfurt-Zurich. Crew was friendly, flight arrived late in Zurich but due to the effort of the ground staff, I could reach my connection flight to JNB. I was picked up with a car at the plane and brought to the Gate of the Swiss connection flight. Also my luggage made the transfer in the 31 minutes from arrival to departure.

EDELWEISS AIR customer review :  28 October 2010 by Chrissie Burrell   (UK)

Score 3  out of 10

I was booked to fly Heathrow to Heraklion via Geneva in October 2010. I chose Edelweiss mainly because I had to be at the airport at 1130, and I hate an early start! Unfortunately, the flight leaving Heathrow was late. I was worried about missing my connecting flight at Geneva, but the staff at Heathrow assured me that all connections would be made. When it became plain that I was in danger of missing my connection, I asked the air steward to ask the pilot to ask Geneva to hold my connecting flight (I missed it by 10 minutes), but was told 'We can't do that'. When I got to Geneva, I was told that I was being sent to Zurich in 2 hours time, booked into an hotel for the night, and off to Heraklion at 0620 the next day. They did not give me vouchers for food at the airport, despite the fact that I'd been in their care since 1130 and only received a light snack. I was given 20SF to spend on a meal at the hotel (which was a Hilton), I had to pay another 57SF. The first hotel bus would have got me to the airport around 0545, for 0620 flight, so a taxi cost another 20SF. There was no breakfast available until the flight took off - and I chose them because I don't like an early start!

EDELWEISS AIR customer review :  1 October 2010 by G Chapman   (UK)

Score 9  out of 10

London City to Heraklion, returning a week later. Zzurich to Heraklion was with Edelweiss. Friendly welcome, including English language newspaper, and efficient service with good food (choice of main course). Perhaps the drinks trolley could have preceded the food service but otherwise impeccable.

EDELWEISS AIR customer review :  2 September 2010 by C Sprenger   (Canada)

Score 8  out of 10

YYC-ATH with change in Zurich. One of the best charter flights I have been on, nice cabin interior, good meals, friendly staff, and on time. Inflight entertainment very limited, not a problem for me.

EDELWEISS AIR customer review :  1 September 2010 by L Gebski   (Poland)

Excellent economy class (PUJ-ZRH) - food, service & seats are excellent. Service and comfort better than Swiss aircraft. Business class (ZRH-PUJ) not bad but only in first row! If you fly on Edelweiss Air (A330-200) no sense to pay extra money for business.

EDELWEISS AIR customer review :  25 August 2009 by Sheila Ehrler   (Cyprus)

Since Swissair collapsed have had to fly from Larnaca (Cyprus) to Zurich with Austria Airlines via Vienna, so were very pleased to be able to fly direct once again with Edelweiss Air. Excellent flights both ways with first class service and friendly crew. Both flights arrived early. Hope Edelweiss/Swiss continue this route next summer.

EDELWEISS AIR review :  23 July 2009 : by Gerald Kanis (Switzerland)

Zurich - Mykonos return. Great crew, outstanding food and wines, enough space in business as middle seat not sold. We are Gold Members on Star Alliance and OneWord and always look forward to fly with Edelweiss - perfect start for a holiday and you feel really welcome and appreciated as a pax on this airline.

EDELWEISS AIR review :  23 February 2009 : by B Amacker

Trip Rating : 7/10

ZRH-CUN-ZRH. The onward Economy flight was just great. Seats were a bit worn, but comfy. The Inflight Entertainment consists only of some audio channels. No individual screens, so no individual movies, no games, just two movies on the big screens - unsatisfactory. But the food was great, a tasty main dish and lots of ice cream and sandwiches during the flight. Also the crew was friendly and efficient. I consider the inflight economy product on Edelweiss, apart from the in-flight entertainment, better than the Swiss economy on long haul. But definitely not so the "Relax" Class on the return flight, which is also sold by Swiss as Business Class. We decided to do so because the flight back was a night flight and we wanted to sleep - it's a complete waste of money. There was separate and fast check-in at Cancun, but we had the same latest check-in time than economy, what a joke. When we asked for the lounge we were told, that there wasn't any for Edelweiss Passengers. That definitely was not a joke. Once aboard, the seats looked like old economy seats some 30 years ago. Small, ridiculous seat pitch of not even 39 inch, that's just 7 inch more than on economy. It was a bit reclinable, but probably not more than 45°. I could not stretch my legs and it was impossible to sleep. There were only few newspapers and 2 low-quality gossip magazines. What was not a good alternative to the 6 movies offered in the media player distributed at the beginning of the flight. The only highlight was the food and the drinks offered, they were very good. And again, the crew were friendly and nice although a bit slow - the first course was served 90 minutes after take-off. But on my opinion, not only the passengers but also the crew deserves a better product than this so called "relax" class, probably they feel very embarrassed to work in such an ambiance. Swiss should be ashamed to sell something like this as Business Class.

EDELWEISS AIR review : 4 February 2009 : by A Ducret

Customer Rating :  5/5

5 Star Rating

ATH-ZRH in economy class. Surprised to fly on a Swiss flight operated by Edelweiss, but more surprised and charmed by the excellent quality of service, friendly crew. The hot food was exceptional.

EDELWEISS AIR review : 13 January 2009 : by N Senigaglia

Customer Rating :  5/5

5 Star Rating

Phuket to Zurich A330-300. The outbound flight on time and aircraft clean and confortable. Good breakfast and hot lunch with perfect service. The cabin crew were friendly and very efficient. Nice snack before landing in Zurich, ice cream during movie and countless passes with the drink trolley. Very good airline.

Edelweiss Air - by Sacha Turinsa

18 February 2006

EDW ZRH-CLB-MLE on the 6th feb. and MLE-ZRH on the 14th feb, both in Y class. Outbound night flight with hot diner and breakfast. Perfect service, friendly staff, clean and confortable A330. One negative point on the night flight is that they wake up passengers 2h30 before landing in CLB, very annoying. Then one hour stopover in CLB remaining on board. And 1h15 flight to MLE serving sandwiches. Return flight hot lunch, Mövenpick ice cream during movie, sandwiches before landing and countless passes with the drink trolley. All in all perfect airline with a great level of service and food quality. This charter airline is way better than many legacy carriers around Europe.

Edelweiss Air - by Christoph Weber

29 June 2005

Flew with Edelweiss several times. ZRH POP/ ZRH VRA / ZRH KGS it's the best charter I know. Service is very friendly and swiss. They provide the best service in Switzerland.

Edelweiss Air - by Thomas Meier

31 May 2004

We flew Edelweissair to Cancun (Mexico) in in their Business Class. Business class was 1000 Dollar cheaper then on American Airlines or Iberia. Very personal and friendly service. Excellent menu, they even served fresh Ice Cream in cones! Nice snack before landing in Orlando (stopover). The only negative point was this stop in the United States. Security checks were very annoying.

Edelweiss Air - by A Schaefer

11 September 2003

I flew Edelweiss to Antalya a couple of days ago and back on its only A-330. The service was excellent and cabin crew very friendly. More movies would have been great. The plane was flown by CEO Kistler on the leg to Antalya. Unfortunately, check-in at Antalya took relatively long since only 3 counters were open for an A-330-flight.

Edelweiss Air - by Alain Jeanmonod

29 August 2003

I have been flying Edelweiss Air twice since last year from Zurich airport, and I have never had any problems of any kind. The staff were friendly and efficient, the flights were on time and the aircraft (A320) were clean and modern. Two weeks ago I flew ZRH-JMK (Mykonos) in Comfort Class. You just have to pay an additional fee of CHF 100.- one way and you can sit at rows 1 to 3 - the service is better and you don't have to pay for alcoholic beverages. To my opinion Edelweiss Air is an excellent airline considering the fact that it is a charter airline.