easyJet Passenger Reviews and easyJet Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Videos to Experience Airline Product and Service

easyJet Customer review :  16 April 2014 by  M Gother    (UK)

MAN-RAK-MAN - Outbound was a decent flight, we had booked extra legroom seats, which was nice for a 4 hour flight, flight left on time and landed half hour early, the FA's worked hard during the flight, ensuring toilets were kept clean, I agree with other reviews in that the food is expensive. Return trip, flight was delayed by 90 minutes at Marrakech, but they did not announce the delay until 10 minutes after the flight was meant to depart, no announcements or explanation until after we had boarded. What was worrying, is that another easyjet flight to Milan was boarding whilst we were waiting and they had adopted a Ryanair style cage to check bag sizes, there were a lot of disgruntled passengers, Easyjet is my carrier of choice, but that will change if they start to adopt cheap money making tactics.

easyJet Customer review :  14 April 2014 by  Ram Jover    (Spain)

Gatwick - Valencia. When I arrived with my small suitcase and a small backpack with my laptop, the assistant told me I could not enter with two bags. At the same time the other passengers came with one suitcase but with many objects (clothing, bags) in hand. It was a robbery: £45 for a small bag. Never again will I fly with easyJet.

easyJet Customer review :  14 April 2014 by  Roy Clogstoun    (Australia)

Flew Easyjet from Luton to Tel Aviv in March. Both flights left and arrived on time. Major problems with the flights were the times, if left early in the morning and arrived back late at night which necessitated a stay in a hotel. I had a small bag which I wanted to put in the hold but they wanted £30 for the service. No IFE available the food and drinks on the flight over priced.

easyJet Customer review :  14 April 2014 by  M Cowell    (UK)

LGW-VCE/PSA-LGW. Both flights operated to schedule. Boarding swift and efficient. Aircraft (A319's) in good condition and crew friendly and informative. Seats pre-allocated (at no cost) so family sat together. Fare was very good. Easyjet becoming my preferred 1st choice on Euro shorthaul.

easyJet Customer review :  14 April 2014 by  B Fenne    (UK)

We travelled (or tried to!) on 9 April and were supposed to be flying back at 15.10hrs. We were told that there was a technical fault and they would have to fly a plane from the UK which would delay our flight by 7.5 hrs. We were given a £4.50 voucher for food which is an absolute joke. Passengers were treated with great disdain, staff were rude and unhelpful and they even left a very old couple in wheelchairs to their own devices. Anyway we decided to get another flight with BA but had a terrible struggle to get our bags back. We were told that now we had booked other flights Easyjet took no responsibility for our bags as it was BAs responsibility to get our bags off the Easyjet plane on the runway! We eventually got our bags after lots of chasing and managed to get our BA flight within the nick of time. Apparently the Easyjet plane finally departed 11 hours late. We will never travel with them again.

easyJet Customer review :  11 April 2014 by  Aileen Manwell    (UK)

"Less Customers, less issues" that was a comment yesterday from one of the EasyJet representative at Gate 17 from London Luton to Berlin Schoenefeld (departure 18.15 pm). They have done anything they could to get rid of customers. I flew with my 3 year old son who I paid full price for. I didn't want to take an extra luggage for him due to the many stairs on the way to the gate. Therefore I took one piece of luggage which was one inch too big. It was only one luggage for both of us. Nothing else and they charged us 45 pounds. Another customer same issue who had no cash and only a ATM Card to pay for his oversized back was refused to enter the aircraft until payment. Luckily another customer helped him out. Never again with EasyJet.

easyJet Customer review :  11 April 2014 by  Ben Street    (UK)

We flew on an EasyJet Airbus A319-100. We flew from Bristol to Mallorca. FA's were friendly and catered to our every need. The toilets were a little dirty but what do you expect? Seats felt very comfy. Food was satisfactory but a little hot. I would have no qualms about flying with EasyJet again!

easyJet Customer review :  9 April 2014 by  Max Chenery    (UK)

Flown with various other carriers in my time but I personally think it's impossible to beat easyJet in terms of practicality and efficiency. Flew London Luton - Madrid Barajas and returned 3 days later. Outgoing flight pushed back on time and departed as scheduled, smooth flight, very professional and impressively presented crew who were extremely attentive throughout. Lots of communication from the flight deck and arrived 20 minutes early. Bags delivered promptly. Coming home, plane arrived 30 minutes before expected departure, it was turned around within a matter of minutes and we boarded early. Pushed back approximately 3 minutes early, departed with an expected flight time of 1hour and 50 minutes. Plane was absolutely immaculate and again the crew were fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was handled professionally. Landed at Luton 20 minutes early, bags again delivered within 5 minutes of clearing immigration. I would undeniably recommend EasyJet over British Airways and other competitors short haul offerings, at least with easyJet you can expect a consistently excellent service, on time flights and reasonably new aircraft, the low cost carriers and catching up!

easyJet Customer review :  8 April 2014 by  Hills Thomas    (UK)

Gatwick-Malta, A321. Service was good but the food seemed pricey! Seats were a bit cramped but better than Flybe. Boarding was easy but took time. Hold items came out on time. Overall it was a good flight.

easyJet Customer review :  7 April 2014 by  M Robertson    (Italy)

EZY990. Flew out of Venice to Naples on 5 April 2014. Without notifying any passengers that the flight was to be delayed 2 hours we all stood in line waiting to board. There was also a gate change that happened. Once onboard and inflight we were all informed of the drinks/food they offer however, you had to pay for everything, including water. Will never fly EasyJet again.

easyJet Customer review :  4 April 2014 by  G Singh    (UK)

The Easyjet customer service is really pathetic, with no flexibility. I arrived at the Boarding Gate 25 minutes before the flight departure for a short flight from Amsterdam to Luton and was not allowed to board the flight while the gates were still open. I paid additional Euro 80 and had to wait for more than 3 hours to board the next flight. I am frequent flyer and was shocked to see, to me it was a deliberate attempt by Easyjet to earn more money.

easyJet Customer review :  3 April 2014 by  D Wilk    (USA)

Copenhagen to Basel Switzerland, no issues except the walk to the terminal was literally a mile! Baggage was checked for size, deemed acceptable but because flight was full, they put it with checked bags (no charge as it was correct size). Several days later we flew from Paris (PDG) to Copenhagen. This time the agents were very rude, pulling people at random out of line, including us to tell us we had to pay 110 euros for our 2 bags (same bags, same clothes) as they had to be checked in. We had no choice but pay (it cost as much as the flight). Very poor customer service.

easyJet Customer review :  1 April 2014 by  Tony Quinn    (UK)

BRS-FNC-BRS. Used EJ for the second time in a month, both flights early so top marks again. These flights were completely uneventful and everything was as expected which is exactly the way it should be. Even check-in at FNC has improved and was much better than the last time we were there (looks like EJ now has its own staff as opposed to handing agents). The return landing at BRS must have been made by the trainee as we did come down with one hell of a bump (the Cabin Manager actually made a comment on it). Looking forward to our next trip as EJ is now a good airline.

easyJet Customer review :  1 April 2014 by  G Watson    (UK)

The new policy on cabin bags is not acceptable. On a recent flight to from Gatwick to Gibraltar we took identical bags in each direction but were not allowed to take the bags into the cabin on the return leg. The bags had to go into the hold. The bags contained our computers, wallets, money, tickets and other valuable items. These bags were not lockable as we expected to have them with us. Their size has been acceptable on dozens of other flights with Easyjet and other airlines as they are made to fit within the airline in cabin sizing. The excuse for this 'new' ruling was that the flight was full. Every flight that I have been on with Easyjet has been full! They need to address the issue of passengers taking oversize bags onto the aircraft without penalising those of us who always ensure we have the correct size and weight for cabin bags. Until that happens, we will fly with other airline.

easyJet Customer review :  31 March 2014 by  R Hunt    (Czech Republic)

Although it is an improvement that all seats are now allocated, it's worth noting that even if you have purchased an allocated a seat up front, this does not mean that you have Speedy Boarding. In fact Speedy Boarding now seems pointless, since you need to get to the gate amongst the earliest passengers, or so they told me at the gate last night. Seems to me that EasyJet should now copy best practice by proper airlines, and board by seat number on busier flights. At the moment it is unnecessarily stressful.

easyJet Customer review :  29 March 2014 by  D Tulip    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Sharm-El-Sheikh in Egypt. We arrived at Gatwick, and first impressions were not good. Massive check-in queue, and the flight left in just over 90 minutes. Thankfully for us, they asked everyone for the Sharm bound flight to come forward. Very impressed with this, as most airlines leave you to struggle on your own. Friendly staff at counter, who couldn't stop smiling and were most helpful. Rushed to the gate, and boarded straight away as we had priority boarding (for £20 extra mind you). Brand new A319 Airbus, with clean and comfortable seats. Stewardesses were very kind and helpful, offering us drinks, food and being most attentive. They were so good, they got a 4th drinks run in 25 minutes before landing. Had a decent bacon sarnie for breakfast, which was a bit pricey at £2.50 but didn't taste like melted plastic. However, there was no IFE so had to make do with iPad instead. Had same crew on way back, and again were faultless. Overall, I will definitely fly with Easyjet again!

easyJet Customer review :  28 March 2014 by  C Lynne    (USA)

Without question the worst flying experience in my 45 years of travelling. Departed late, kept us queuing for 45 minutes, no communication. Returning from Amsterdam, the furthest gate out, no elevators, No bathrooms, rude staff who put us through unnecessary steps to measure our baggage, kept asking for our boarding basses for no reason, barked at us, and when I put my luggage in the measuring box and it fit, I was told, "It doesn't fit comfortably," and made us pay 55 Euros each, even though we had already paid extra to bring larger bags on board. For that amount of money I couple have flown a civilized airline like KLM.

easyJet Customer review :  19 March 2014 by  M Caforio    (Italy)

Milan MXP to Naples and back 3 days later. Both flights full, yet boarding ok and both flights landed ahead of schedule. Comfort in the seat is ok for a flight of 2 hours (if you are not too tall or heavy). Booking months in advance, the value for money is good. I've seen the fares one week before and the price really went up. I recommend for people looking for the essential, i.e. flying on time from point A to point B.

easyJet Customer review :  18 March 2014 by  D Griffith    (UK)

Disappointed to see that EasyJet at Stansted adopt the Ryanair approach to boarding; passengers with two items of hand luggage ie a lady with a handbag and say, a stroller, are only allowed to carry on one of them! Needless to say my partner put her handbag inside the other and when on board took it out again. The crew were indifferent.

easyJet Customer review :  17 March 2014 by  N Holdsworth    (UK)

LGW-Malta. Although I am a frequent flyer, I did manage to go to the wrong terminal. My fault, but the fact that easyJet operate from both terminals at Gatwick is unusual and they should do more to point this out to people before they join the long bag drop queue in South terminal. Fair enough, the queues move fast and staff call out the flights that are closing, but that isn't much help to you if you are in the wrong terminal altogether. Fortunately in our case we realised our error quickly and we got to north terminal and made our flight, but I would argue that the bag drop system needs serious improvement. The actual flight was ok but the seat pitch is unacceptable for such a long flight. It is ok to read but not enough to work on a laptop - this is an issue for business travellers. The only good thing about easyjet is the coffee, which is much better than their competitors. The allocated seating is also an improvement but we were allocated seats across the aisle from one another, not ideal. I would say easyjet have some way to go before they can say they are really competing with BA etc for business travellers. They need to seriously look at what Norwegian are doing.

easyJet Customer review :  11 March 2014 by  Quinn Tony    (UK)

BRS-BCN-BRS. Both flights were early so full marks. We've being using EJ since its inception and I think it is now almost on par with BA. These flights were good and the introduction of allocated seating has been a vast improvement. Check-in at Bristol was fast but BCN is still a bit of a wait (always has been -30 minutes this time). Still some room for improvement though. Hand luggage storage is a shambles and £2-50 for a cup of tea is scandalous (but you don't have buy). Prices also seem to have risen dramatically but EJ is still the best of the low cost carriers.

easyJet Customer review :  10 March 2014 by  S Neal    (UK)

Have flown easyjet before and would use again in the future. I have returned from a lovely holiday from Portugal today-the flight was slightly delayed due to Air Traffic Control problems in France but this did not affect my experience in the slightest. When it came time to start descent (which I was not aware of) one of the cabin crew tapped me on the shoulder to ask me to put my earphones and phone away on which I was watching a movie. I put everything away in double quick time as soon as I was asked and pushed my bag under the seat in front. As she walked off behind me I heard her comment to either a colleague or another passenger "there's always one". I was very annoyed by this and advised one of her colleagues on the way off the plane. I deliberately hung back until most of the passengers had got off so that I did not cause a scene and I deliberately did not go to the woman in question so that it did not get out if hand. The other lady assured me that they have a debrief after every flight and that my comments would be discussed. The whole point of putting the headphones in and watching the movie was for me not to disturb anyone and cabin noise not to disturb me so I was not being ignorant. However, her colleagues response to my comment was very professional and reassuring.

easyJet Customer review :  10 March 2014 by  Jeyes Philip    (UK)

LGW-VRN (Gatwick-Verona). My first trip with Easyjet and I will admit to a sense of trepidation using a budget airline with a bit of a reputation! Carry-on only so I did not have the apparent burden of queuing to check a bag. I also used the speedy-board option which avoided the one gripe I would have: people boarded the plane from both front and rear but without any consideration to seat allocation meaning that people were trying to pass each other in the aisle with bags in hand - close to mayhem. Seats were comfortable and legroom good (I'm a reasonably tall person), flight attendants very friendly and helpful. In summary I was pleasantly surprised.

easyJet Customer review :  7 March 2014 by  Keith Smith    (UK)

Manchester-Keflavik and return. It has been many years since we last flew with easyJet and all we can say how much they have improved. Our flight from MAN commenced with a lovely smile from the girl on check in which did not take long. Flight on time on outbound. Meals on the aircraft were very good and not too expensive. Aircraft very clean, cabin crew excellent and professional both flights. Inbound flight departed 30 mins late from KEF due to taxi ways requiring clearing of snow! Arrived 10 mins late into MAN. Will definitely use them again on this route.

easyJet Customer review :  6 March 2014 by  J Michel    (Switzerland)

GVA-LGW, LGW-BSL. I have no problem with the flights (full both ways) and the extra-ordinary amount of hand luggage onboard, the cabin crew are very pleasant and do a good job. The bag drop at both GVA and LGW is appalling. 55mins to check a bag in at GVA (and half the drop off points closed), 45mins at LGW (all the points open, just not enough of them). easyJet seem to have spent a fortune enticing business travellers - complete waste of money if they expect a Business traveller (let alone a holiday maker) to stand shuffling along in a snake-like queue just to check in a bag! Until they get their act together I would avoid them, simply unacceptable and treating their clients with contempt.

easyJet Customer review :  6 March 2014 by  D Forbes    (UK)

We have travelled with Easyjet many times on different aircraft types the latest being a trip from Liverpool to Malaga and return. Outbound was on an older type aircraft, the usual bulky seats meaning smaller seat pitch, leg- room etc. however still perfectly bearable for the cheap cost and for the short trip. The return flight however was excellent! It must have been a newer aircraft or newer designed interior, many passengers were commenting on it. Thinner seat backs and everything more streamlined made for a much more spacious seat pitch and a more comfortable journey. We could not fault it at all. We have never had any problems with Easyjet airport or aircraft staff and we wonder if any negative reviews towards staff are actually 'Easyjet' staff and not in fact the airport staff from the airport they are departing from and therefore nothing to do with Easyjet? We really cannot understand the reviews on here with regards to luggage. Easyjet (along with all airlines including Low- cost) clearly state their hold and hand luggage policy. If you choose to exceed (or ignore) these policies then expect to be challenged or charged (if you aren't, then happy days).

easyJet Customer review :  6 March 2014 by  S Smith    (UK)

They might be the cheapest but that's for a reason. As a frequent flyer I have never used easyjet, but did a quick trip to Germany and needed just a cheap flight instead of transatlantic. You are treated poorly by employees that cannot be bothered. The cabin staff were fine, its the boarding staff that I have a problem with, seeing passengers getting charge 55 euros for a case which was only a few millimetres too big. I will know if I travel again in Europe would rather pay the extra few pounds and travel with a decent airline.

easyJet Customer review :  4 March 2014 by  J Wiseman    (Australia)

Paris to London. The crew member in the boarding line was extremely rude, abrupt and uninformative. It was all in relation to cabin baggage being more than one bag, mind you the second bag for us was a tiny handbag. We flew from Italy to Paris with no problems carrying exactly the same baggage. We were then rudely pulled out of the line, and asked if we understood English in a condescending voice, after being given no time to try and fit our handbags into our luggage. We were then sent to the boarding desk because we couldn't fit one in. The crew member there had no idea why we were sent there, so he sent us back. We were then told it was going to cost an extra 55 Euro for a bag 1cm thicker than the allowed thickness, which is outrageous, not to mention we were well under our weight limit. I then noticed that some other passengers had cabin baggage as big as the one we had to pay extra for and put in the hold and also a large handbag or briefcase. In one country we are allowed certain things and the next we are not. For the same company in these countries, policies and procedures are different, obviously as a result of poor management. I would not recommend anybody use this airline, I would rather pay extra for another airline and will be in future.