easyJet Passenger Reviews and easyJet Customer Trip Reports

easyJet Customer review :  16 October 2013 by L Cadwallader    (UK)

5 return trips with easyJet this year and all have been eminently satisfactory: no hitches, no delays, no unwelcome extra charges. If it were not for easyJet we would not be able to afford so many foreign trips. Moreover, we have always found easyJet staff efficient, friendly and helpful. Our most recent trip from Liverpool to Palma and back was typical: on the outward journey the computer system at the boarding gate was down, but the agents just got on with checking us through "manually", with one of them relaying our boarding card numbers over the phone. Despite this we were only a few minutes late leaving and that was partly because 2 elderly passengers had gone to the wrong gate. When they arrived they were gently guided to their seats and as they apologised for getting lost the stewardess simply said "Never mind, you're here now". The boarding agents at Palma were equally amiable and very tactful when 'non - Speedy Boarders' joined the Speedy Boarders queue. The introduction of allocated seating seems to have made the whole boarding process more relaxed, though it does mean that you can no longer vet the passengers in your immediate vicinity before sitting down: on one of our flights we had to suffer seat kicking children behind us with parents who took no notice.

easyJet Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Bonnie Drain    (USA)

The fares are cheap but it's like paying to be tortured, seats extremely cramped. They will not allow you to put anything under the seat in front of you so your purse is your carry-on, and they'll charge you to check what should be your carry-on bag. Most European rollers are smaller than U.S. ones so your roller won't work. Our first flight from Brussels to Berlin cost us 50 euros extra when they took my roller at the gate. My husbands roller was allowed. On the second easy jet flight from Berlin to Paris, we paid the counter charge of 30 euro for my roller, only to have my husbands roller denied at the security line adjacent (literally) to the ticket counter, for which we paid another gate fee of 50 euro even though we hadn't left the lobby. While in the security line a woman on our flight was worried about the time. She said "I know this airline and if you're not at the gate a half hour before departure they will deny you boarding". So we begged ourselves to the front of the line and ran to the gate. At least in Brussels they were calling people up on a flight that was next to depart. If you are under 25 and making a short trip, then take easy jet. If you are an American on an extensive trip, avoid them. What you save in air fare is not worth the fees you will pay at the airport. I will say the inflight crews were very nice.

easyJet Customer review :  11 October 2013 by G Chapman    (UK)

Flew Gatwick-Chania and return early October. Both flights arrived on-time and there was enough legroom. That is apart from the guy sitting behind me on return trip when the in-flight magazine proved sufficient padding at my back. Seemed well organised and would use again.

easyJet Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Bruno Cardoso    (Portugal)

Last November, I travelled from Portugal to Egypt and my departure was on Madrid. I had to catch a connecting flight between Lisbon and Madrid. The flight to Madrid, a short travel of 45/50 minutes, arrived on scheduled to Madrid, so I had a stopover there of about 4 hours. I didn't have problems with the luggage. The boarding was a bit confusing (due to speedy boarding) and the flight was full, so the experience on the ground and on board was poor. The space between the seats was also very short, a thing that is normal on these low cost companies. My returning flight was threatened by a ground strike on Barajas. Even though, the flight was delayed 1hr 20 minutes the crews kept passengers informed. I'll choose this low cost option to travel between European countries.

easyJet Customer review :  7 October 2013 by Paul Griffiths    (UK)

Flew with from Hurghada to London Gatwick on a one way ticket. I travelled with Thomas Cook on the outbound flight, nowhere near as good as EZY. Brand new A320, excellent new seats which give you more room, friendly crew, pilots and on time! Onboard menu no different in cost to any other airlines! Excellent 5.5 hr flight, much better than my TCX departure to HRG! Would definitely recommend! Online check in was a breeze and bag drop easy to use and find at Hurghada. 10 out of 10 for comfort.

easyJet Customer review :  7 October 2013 by Drew Harvey    (UK)

LGW-PSA-LGW. Flights on time, aircraft clean and tidy and staff courteous and clearly enjoyed their job. PSA 'international departure lounge' awful. Cramped (even with only two flights going) and little room to sit down. easyJet continue to offer a great product all based around customer choice - so if you want a free meal, free newspapers, free drinks, inflight entertainment, free blanket and free pillows, go to an airline that advertises it!

easyJet Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Denise Morris    (UK)

Had no problems at all with Easyjet. Flew to Rhodes from John Lennon. Seat pitch was better than some other aircraft's. Cabin staff were very friendly and helpful. We could actually make out the captains announcements. Outgoing and incoming flights were both on time and check in was swift. Wouldn't hesitate to fly with EJ again.

easyJet Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Cerri Daniele    (Switzerland)

Milan Malpensa to London Gatwick on an Airbus 320. We had no luggage, so we did not use drop off counters (they were almost empty without queues). We booked priority boarding and extra leg room sit (first row). When they opened the gate, we waited more than 20 minutes at the terminal's door before opening it and let us board. Hard seat with no possibility to adjust it leaning down. Easyjet e-application helpless as for an unknown mistake I was not able to do the check in online. Very annoying the fact of receiving Easyjet e-mails every week before the flight. Globally good price for the transportation only: do not except more.

easyJet Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Duncan Coleman    (UK)

Manchester to Marrakech, 26th June to 3rd July. Flew easyjet for the first time and I couldn't of asked for a better service from booking in to getting of the plane everything was perfect. Will be travelling with easyjet every time now.

easyJet Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Chris Ford    (Australia)

LGW to Split with 2 adults and 2 kids under 2, which could be a nightmare, but Easyjet staff made it a pleasure. We initially had a third adult in our row of three, but we were swiftly moved to a row with a spare seat before take off. The crew were terrific with helping us out with milk for our 2 year old and even invited him into the cockpit after landing! It was a thrill for our little guy and a rare treat these days. Great value and outstanding service.

easyJet Customer review :  3 October 2013 by K Barrance    (UK)

Flew to Berlin from Southend and back. No issues at all. Flights both departed on schedule and actually arrived early at the destinations. EasyJet have really got their act together and are now a serious rival to any 'full fare' airline in Europe.

easyJet Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Charles Kennedy    (UK)

LCA-LGW. Historically I have been a fan and supporter of EZY but this was my first long flight with the airline and taught me that the business model translates very badly to longer stage lengths - I don't expect a hot meal and free newspapers - my flight was a nightmare due to a simple collision of demographics. The two passengers behind me were incredibly badly behaved, obviously drunk when they boarded, and the cabin crew served them each two Stellas and 6 double G&Ts. Cabin crew on commission are never going to not serve someone another round of drinks. These particular passengers made everyone around them's flight absolutely miserable. I don't even mind a bit of bad behaviour on a short flight, going to EDI or HAM or somewhere it can even be a source of comedy, but on a 4+ hour night flight, I and my neighbours should not expect to have our seats kicked deliberately and be sworn at. I will fly EZY again on short haul but over about 2hrs, the risk is simply too great of being mixed in with people who don't know how to behave and are in no fit state to fly. The 20 minute delay on the taxiway after landing and parking at the“wrong”terminal (South instead of North) because they wanted the aircraft parked at the South terminal for the first flight out the next morning caused a lot of inconvenience and was a final twist of the knife to finish off a horrible experience.

easyJet Customer review :  3 October 2013 by K Sales    (UK)

On my recent journey from NCL-PMI the ground crew forced me to pay extra for my case which was over my free allowance, I also had the embarrassment of having to put my carry case into the measuring device to ensure that it was meeting the companies carry on policy, thankfully it was. Once I found my way onto the plane I was pleased to see the first officer greeting passengers. The flight attendants were very friendly. Obviously being a low cost airline I expected to pay for refreshments, some good deals and quality food. Over all the flight was good, got me there, and back, did the job. Even got a nice "cheerio" when I disembarked.

easyJet Customer review :  1 October 2013 by Tom Connelly    (UK)

My most recent flight to Krakow from Edinburgh (29/9) has been my 7th with Easyjet since January 2013 and once again they have provided service of the highest quality both at the airport and in the air - their customer charter seems to be working a treat! I look forward to many more enjoyable flights with them - some 'scheduled' airlines could learn a great deal from them about customer care! Obliged to submit low score on in-flight rating since 'not applicable' category unavailable.

easyJet Customer review :  30 September 2013 by J Mccartney    (UK)

Easyjet has now become my first choice of travel, have flown with them for years and have never had a problem. Last couple of years booked the hotels with them as well. Clean modern aircraft, polite, friendly staff. Just back from Tenerife and Barcelona.

easyJet Customer review :  27 September 2013 by N Vas    (USA)

Flew from Berlin to Amsterdam with my wife and 3 friends. There was no help, no elevators for a friend who was not able to walk due to knee pain. Inconsistent implementation of rules. One person in our group was told that she could not take her purse as it was too big, other one with the same size purse was not stopped. Other passengers carried two pieces and there were not stopped. I was told at the ticket counter that I could carry my empty back pack, but the lady at the gate said no. We had to walk in rain outdoors, no umbrellas, no covers on the ladders.

easyJet Customer review :  26 September 2013 by George Paschalides    (Cyprus)

Travelling from London Gatwick to Paphos on 24/9/2013 with my wife. Had 2 bags weighing approximately 14kg and 16kg and a hand luggage, which we and also our daughter took on the plane in more than 10 different Easyjet flights. At the check in procedure, an impolite female employee asked us to put our hand luggage bag in the gauge. No problem at all. Although the whole bag went in, I had to put a little force to take it out since it is a hard plastic one and stuck in there. She refused to let us take it to the plane and charged us 69.00 (25 for the bag and 44 for 4kgs overweight of our 3 bags). When I informed her that we used this bag many times on Easyjet flights before - the last one being 5 days before on our travel from Paphos to Gatwick - she refused to accept. Our lovely 5 day London holiday was ruined. Needless to say that other people on the flight had much thicker and bigger had luggage allowed on the plane. Furious and Disgusted.

easyJet Customer review :  26 September 2013 by S Pompey    (Switzerland)

Always said "will never fly again with Easyjet", but then because of the price, we did it again. But what you get for the price is a flight back and forth - that's it! No service, meaning being friendly, attentive, professional. It's not a bus ride, it's a flight! Either my husband (who is 2m tall) always has to argue why he needs to sit at the emergency exit due to legroom, or staff are just unfriendly, or there is always this fight at the check-in cause of 10 grams too much weight or 1 cm of too large of hand luggage. It's not fun and only stress flying with Easyjet.

easyJet Customer review :  26 September 2013 by S Torkington    (UK)

Why does Easyjet humiliate women at the gate - making them put their handbags into their already small cabin bags yet allow anyone with duty free bags to take these on board as well as their cabin bag allowance. There is no consistency in this requirement and until you arrive at the gate no clear advice. So you seat on an aircraft with no money to buy refreshments, no accessible passport and none of the other items that make a flight more bearable. It is humiliating to have your boarding pass confiscated while you struggle to put your handbag (even a small one) into an already full very small cabin bag while other people sail past you with their duty free bottles of wine clanging merrily away. The bullying tactics used at the gate will make me think twice about flying with easyjet again. Please make clear what is required and be consistent.

easyJet Customer review :  25 September 2013 by S Lloyd    (UK)

Excellent value for money airline with great staff and always on time. I have flown with the airline several times this year and they have a knack of getting you to your destination early.