easyJet Passenger Reviews and easyJet Customer Trip Reports

easyJet Customer review :  20 December 2013 by  V De Waal    (UK)

Manchester to Geneva, EZY1949, 18 October 2013. Easyjet service has declined over time and one feels more like being herded (like sheep) more than being a valued customer that brings in profit. It feels customers are being squeezed for all they can get out of them. Today was another such example. I had booked tickets for my son on October 2 and he arrived at the airport in time but was told that the flight was overbooked and there were no more seats. He could wait as two people had not shown up. Furthermore, there were no more flights for the day. What was he to do, sleep at the airport.? They did not even apologise. We were in a panic as we as a family had booked onward flights and he had appointments. How can they overbook when we had booked well over two months ago. It was not that my son just showed up hoping to get on the flight. This is unacceptable.

easyJet Customer review :  18 December 2013 by  Kevin Gordon    (UK)

LGW-DME, November. The flight itself was not bad and the staff were good. LGW staff were attentive and helpful. LGW location and time good. I have no complaints about staff or aeroplane. It's the in-flight offering. Paying 7 for a cheese and ham roll and a coffee is a rip-off. Worse is booking online. The fact the flight was advertised at 76, then plus, plus, plus. 76 becomes 125 and then the most annoying part of all, having to pay to reserve your seat knowing if you don't you're going to have a lot of trouble at the airport. I wished I had booked British Airways. At 6'3" I don't have a choice, and by the time the online system permitted me to book, the tall persons seats had gone because there is unclear notification on the website that you have to pay additional cash to book your seat if you're checking-in online. Next time I'll get up early and fly BA. Advertised Flight 76. Actual cost with hidden extras 140.

easyJet Customer review :  17 December 2013 by  Emma Brook    (Cyprus)

I have just returned from visiting my parents in the UK. I travelled from Paphos to Manchester on the 27th November and was satisfied with the flight. The only thing I did not like was the food choice, being a vegetarian and having choices of Bacon, Ham and cheese or Egg! Other than that fantastic, will never rely on their food again. Arrived in Manchester airport 35mins before due time - excellent and was extremely pleased as was starving! Flight back was good, cabin crew excellent, no food choice again.

easyJet Customer review :  17 December 2013 by  D Cullen    (UK)

Fuerteventura on Saturday 23rd November from Bristol. My husband became unwell on our recent flight and the on- board crew were extremely professional, quick, efficient and discreet. The stewardess who dealt with him knew exactly what to do and treated him with efficient kindness. They were completely unfazed and I can't thank them enough. If it wasn't for her quick intervention, we may have had to land at the nearest airport and mucked up everyone's holiday. Brilliant airline.

easyJet Customer review :  10 December 2013 by  Mnader Eddie    (UK)

Flying from Faro last Saturday, we are caught up in the flight control situation. Our Captain, was excellent, he stood just outside the flight deck, and explained exactly the situation and our options, he was calm, lucid and just about as helpful as it was possible to be. 3 times during our delay he broadcast updates so that we knew what was going on. The cabin crew did everything possible to keep all of us comfortable. Overall a brilliant customer service experience.

easyJet Customer review :  9 December 2013 by  T Newsham    (UK)

What can I say about easyjet other than it does exactly what it says on the tin! Great airline, easy to use and if flying anywhere in Europe always use easyjet. We flew Bristol to Alicante in October and as with all our previous easyjet flights we were on time, clean aircraft, comfortable and the cabin crew are as good as Virgin Atlantic. Obviously as a "no frill's" airline you don't get "free food" or films etc but that said you don't pay for it either and if you want to eat there is good choice on board and for a couple of hours you don't need much anyway. Basically if we are flying to Europe we always fly easyjet.

easyJet Customer review :  9 December 2013 by  Paul Bennett    (UK)

Bristol to Newcastle, 2/12/13. Booked extra leg room seat which included speedy boarding, flight left on time and landed 20 minutes early. No real issues apart from over priced food and drinks available on flight which I decided not to purchase. Returned to Bristol the following day on the late flight. Most shops had closed at least one hour before departure from Newcastle airport. Flight were uneventful and arrived on time, shame they bussed us to the terminal. Would always use Easyjet for any short flights.

easyJet Customer review :  2 December 2013 by  Katherine Hughes    (UK)

We flew to Fuerteventura and back from Bristol last week. My husband forgot to print off the boarding pass until the last minute so our seats were not ideal, especially on the return! Right at the back of the plane by the loo. However allocated seating is still a vast improvement on the horrible scrum you got before. We got to the airport, on our return, quite early and consequently were near the front of the queue. It was all quite friendly until a 'lady' who had booked speedy boarding turned up. She started shouting that they were all in the wrong queue. We checked in at the normal queue, sailed past her and relaxed on the terrace for quite a while. On our return, we got our bags first. Moral of the story, there is absolutely no point in paying extra for speedy boarding!

easyJet Customer review :  29 November 2013 by  Kenneth Fullicks    (UK)

This is the 4th Easyjet flight this year, flew Gatwick to Las Palmas - no problems except they ran out of some of the hot food on the return flight. We had Special Boarding so no queues anywhere.

easyJet Customer review :  29 November 2013 by  Robert Szocik    (UK)

MAN-MLA return. My first time with Easyjet for 5 years, having avoided low-cost carriers since then, due to several bad experiences. But I cannot believe the difference - Easyjet now beats the full-service carriers not only on cost, but on most other aspects as well. Paying to choose seats makes a huge difference, but it's not just that - the whole experience was so good on both sectors that I had to keep reminding myself that I was not flying with a flag-carrier. Friendly, helpful, professional and good-humoured crew on both flights, flights on time, no baggage/boarding card issues, and seat pitch slightly better than expected (but you will struggle if you're over 5'11", I'll admit). Warm food available, too - which was surprising. I've flown with 5 different airlines this year, and only the flights with Qatar were better than this. I'm planning on flying this route again very soon, and Easyjet will definitely be the first choice next time.

easyJet Customer review :  27 November 2013 by  M Thorn    (UK)

Travelled to Lanzarote and had a great time there. Easyjet flights considerably better than others we have used, most notably because our request for special assistance was fulfilled. Late night return to Gatwick went smoothly with a very attentive young man to meet and greet at the aircraft before taking passengers in a wheelchair to his buggy. He even took the trouble of wheeling one pax out to the drop-off area. Great service.

easyJet Customer review :  27 November 2013 by  Nizar Lalani    (Canada)

I and my wife travelled on 14 Nov from Lisbon to Gatwick, flight EZY8720. Airport staff rude and impatient, lack of helpfulness and customer service. Forced to pay 35 Euro and check one luggage even though this was as specified slightly bigger bag maximum size of 56x45x25cm which holds man suits. Forced my wife to put her purse and souvenirs bag into her suitcase. During boarding her suitcase was not allowed saying there is no room on overhead storage, and took the luggage. Arriving at Gatwick this suitcase was missing. Very bad experience with EasyJet.

easyJet Customer review :  22 November 2013 by  George Dean    (UK)

My wife, aged 73 followed all blurb pushed out by Easyjet especially the luggage allowance. She packed her small suitcase and also a small handbag with 2 Xmas presents. She was demanded to empty the small bag into her case, damaging the presents! Of course people who had bought goods around the airport came along and they where allowed to carry on their purchases in bigger carrier bags.

easyJet Customer review :  18 November 2013 by  S Barlow    (UK)

Flew Gatwick-Copenhagen-Gatwick. Efficient check-in and on-time departures at both ends, which is good and indeed better than some. I am fed-up with their baggage policy. We paid extra for our case to go in the hold, but was then asked to remove our coats from the overhead storage compartments, so that other people's huge hand luggage could have the space! Baggage in the cabin is becoming a joke (a couple with a small toddler loaded 3 cases!) but we were asked to put our coats on the dirty floor or sit through the entire flight, baking hot with them on our laps - not sure how we were expected to eat or drink anything in comfort, as the table could barely be deployed! The overhead storage area was choc-a-block, so I wonder if our group had also taken cases to go in the cabin - where on earth would it have been put! Maybe next time we won't pay extra and just wait for them to put the overload/surplus in the hold anyway, unless of course they ask us to put it on our laps! Easyjet have a good pricing structure and if they included a piece of hold baggage as standard (and enforced the one piece of 'hand' luggage, they could become an airline to seriously challenge their flag flying rivals.

easyJet Customer review :  18 November 2013 by  P Snow    (New Zealand)

Flew Toulouse to Gatwick, 29 October and return on 31 October evening. Booking and follow-up were first class, including reminders to check in online and print boarding passes. The contact could not be faulted. We had "preferred" seats and plenty of legroom. Flights were almost full but on time. We actually left Toulouse late due to a change of aircraft and hence crew not on board to prepare, but were given a thorough explanation once on board. Absolutely no trouble with baggage as we kept within the cabin bag limits.

easyJet Customer review :  14 November 2013 by  N Taylor    (Spain)

Malaga to Newcastle, joined baggage-drop queue 1055, reached desk 1145, flight departure 1230 "Save time, check in on line" was logo! Return from NCL at desk was no more than 5 minutes. Apart from this a very good regular service.

easyJet Customer review :  12 November 2013 by D Cronin    (UK)

Luton - Olbia - Gatwick. Luton airport's small terminal resembled a crowded low-end shopping mall with a large food court. The passenger security check was well-managed. There was little seating in the almost-windowless departure lounge, though there was somewhere to buy a coffee amid the duty free gauntlet. You wouldn't want to be delayed here. The walk from terminal entrance to boarding gate was relatively short, as was the quick taxi from aircraft parking stand to take-off. At the boarding gate (gate 16) many passengers crowded precariously, for at least 10 or 15 minutes, over the entire length of a long and steep stairway, with their cabin baggage, before being able to access a small ground-level room where passports and boarding cards were slowly checked before exiting into the open air to walk across the tarmac to board the plane parked nearby. My single carry-on bag complied exactly with the airline's specified 56 x 45 x 25cm maximum dimensions, including handles and wheels. At the boarding gate a member of Easyjet staff selected passengers with wheeled bags from the queue for baggage assessment. My bag did not quite fit a metal- framed gauge, indicating that it was over-sized. I was required to check it in and pay a 40 fee on the spot. Not negotiable. The gate staff were blunt, unsympathetic, and appeared hardened to this procedure, which felt like a scam. I still had to carry the bag to the aircraft steps and locate a hold-baggage loader to accept it. After boarding had finished, there was ample empty space in the overhead lockers for my regulation-size cabin bag. Admittedly my soft- shell Samsonite wheelie was full, which may have distorted the dimensions slightly, but Easyjet's exacting, customer- unfriendly approach, felt 'out to get'. Be warned! On the return flight from Olbia, my bag - the very same bag - just fitted a similar gauge, and I was allowed to take it in the cabin. On both flights the cabins were tidy but with grubby carpet. There was no choice of seat (unless you opted to pay more in advance) which was randomly allocated at the time of online check in. The seat pitch was very tight though just tolerable for a two-hour flight; not for anything longer. The cabin crew, both outbound and inbound, were friendly and efficient, but did nothing to stop noisy young children from running up and down the aisle throughout the entire flight, and also made too many announcements. The announcements promoting food and tax-free sales, and so many price-savings, were intrusive and relentless. Pity the Easyjet frequent-flier! There was no complimentary in-flight catering, but drinks and some over-priced unhealthy snacks were offered for sale. The outbound flight departed from Luton on time and arrived a few minutes early in Olbia. The return flight began boarding on time in Olbia, but departed 30 minutes late. This delay appeared to be due to desperately inefficient ground handling staff at the boarding gate in Olbia, who seemed to lack any sense of interest in getting the flight away on time. We made up some time during the journey and landed 20 minutes late into Gatwick. We arrived at Gatwick North terminal, though the flight was sold as arriving at Gatwick South terminal. The boarding pass also indicated arrival at Gatwick South terminal. No announcement as to the change of terminal was made by the crew, and anyone unfamiliar with Gatwick airport would have been unaware. The potential for this anomaly to cause problems for customers with pick-up arrangements is obvious. Overall, Easyjet was a third-rate airline experience. Bare minimum transportation for a full-service price, and the feeling of having been ripped-off.