easyJet Passenger Reviews and easyJet Customer Trip Reports

easyJet Customer review :  3 March 2014 by  Shaun Garrett    (UK)

Returned recently from Barcelona back to Newcastle, paid for one case in the hold and carried one shoulder bag onto plane, couldn't believe the size of the cases people were carrying onto flight, some bigger than my case! No one was asked to put bag into bag sizer or indeed no check in staff even bothered to look over the counter. My issue I have with this is apart from stupidly paying for a suitcase when I could easily as it turns out take into the cabin, but I was also refused to put my bag into the overhead lockers as they "have to accommodate the larger cases"! My shoulder bag was the proper size for the flight but as it turns out it was too small. I was told that I had to put it on the floor along with my coat (it was too tall to fit under the seat in front) I had a very uncomfortable 3hrs unable to move my legs, the crew member was extremely rude and didn't care about the discomfort. Surely the airlines need to have an idea of the weight of the luggage on board an aircraft? At Newcastle there was virtually no hold baggage apart from ours. If we had been the last on the flight I could understand it if there was no space in the lockers, but I was on fairly early in the queue, the cases overhead were crammed and one of them was taped closed, obviously previously overloaded?

easyJet Customer review :  3 March 2014 by  Fiona Howells    (UK)

1st trip with them, going out seemed easy enough. All customers took hand luggage as we did-checked with Easyjet to make sure what was allowed. 1 size hand-luggage, hand-bag not included! No room onboard so our bags went into the hold. Poor service on board - passing items over you, no excuse me, discussing other passengers in front of you. Then flight back from Paphos, got charged for my hand-luggage and not allowed to take my hand-bag on board? Only 1 item allowed - not told that before I travelled. Other passengers allowed to take 2 items.

easyJet Customer review :  25 February 2014 by  C Rainbow    (Ireland)

19th Feb 2014, Gatwick North Terminal to Tenerife South airport. Online booking:–Easyjet have a very user friendly website and their email communication was superb. Baggage charge: I found the £18 charge for a small bag to be outrageous. Bag Drop: the bag drop was straightforward and the staff member efficient but unsmiling and not at all friendly. Boarding: orderly enough but the announcements were not very clear and I saw 2 elderly people struggle unaided. The cabin crew were not at all friendly and seemed disorganised too. One member of the cabin crew was particularly unfriendly and gruff in the way in which he interacted with a young mum and a baby. Later in the flight I bought a coffee and the same man who was rude to the lady with the baby handed me my change with a phoney smile and the money with a strange expression. I checked the change and saw that rather than a £2 coin he had handed me an Arabic coin. I immediately saw this and asked for the correct coinage. It took the efforts of two of his colleagues for me to receive the correct change and no apology. Announcements: there were very few announcements during this journey and no route map at all. The lady captain made one announcement at the end of the flight. Comfort: The seat was rather thin but comfortable enough for the distance flown. Value: the price I paid was quite reasonable. However, this was not the cheapest on this route and so I shall shop around in future to make sure I get a good deal.

easyJet Customer review :  24 February 2014 by  Illia Romanenko    (France)

Paris-Berlin Schonefeld-Paris on 20-22 February 2014. Did not notice any particular problems except the boarding process in Berlin. The part B of the airport from which Easyjet flights depart looks like a hangar, with no ventilation and places to sit. There is a huge line for boarding moving very slow. They started boarding before the plane arrived and all the passengers had to wait in very small room overheated with no fresh air. Also they write that the gate closes 30 minutes before departure, while in reality it only starts at this time or even later. I guess that is completely unacceptable even for a low-cost.

easyJet Customer review :  21 February 2014 by  Alan Thompson    (UK)

London Gatwick to Bari. Out on 15 Feb, flight over 3 hours late. Sent to distant gate for an on-time takeoff where the flight was not even displayed. No information all afternoon and nobody to ask Kept in-touch via Easyjet website. Panic amongst passengers when flight suddenly displayed as 'Gate Closed'. Terrible customer service, non- existent. Flight crew lovely. Return flight on time and up to standard of low cost carrier.

easyJet Customer review :  19 February 2014 by  K Breavington    (Australia)

I flew from Edinburgh to London. The crew members checking boarding passes at the gate were rude and uninformative. My bag was too big for the cabin but then I was told I wasn't allowed my small handbag on board even though I was allowed both bags on my flight from London to Edinburgh. When asked why the sudden change in policy, she had no answer and ignored me while I stood there clearly confused. I also feel that policies should be consistent throughout all airports you are situated at and all crew should be informed and enforce these policies.

easyJet Customer review :  18 February 2014 by  A Cook    (UK)

I have flown to Portugal and to Berlin and have found it a joy. The staff were friendly and although on one flight I had delays I can imagine that it would be the same with any airline. I'd recommend getting a larger seat as I do think the cheaper airlines have very small seats. Overall I always look for Easyjet first as I've had good experiences. The inflight food and beverages I tend to steer clear of as they are never that great but you can grab what you need when at the airport and save some pennies.

easyJet Customer review :  14 February 2014 by  Glenn Biffen    (UK)

ALC to LGW: Have utilised Easyjet many times on this route during the past year, however sad to say that this may be the last. The cabin crew were rude, unapproachable, non-existent and rude. They quietly moaned about the passengers within earshot and acted as if cabin baggage was an inconvenience (even for their frequent fliers - including us). As there was insufficient room in the overhead bins for others hand baggage, they pushed them in front of the empty seats behind us; as this caused discomfort to myself, I made the crew aware and they repositioned it. The flight attendant felt as if she was doing me a favour. Have flown with this airline since their infancy (circa 1997) with no complaints. This was such a shame.

easyJet Customer review :  14 February 2014 by  T Melo    (Switzerland)

I took several easyjet flights in the last few years (Berlin, Rome, Venice, Copenhagen and Dresden - always departing from Basel). I have to say that I'm pretty happy with it. You pay for what you get. The passengers usually are rude and the seats are tight but for short trips it is ok. I had a big delay once (5+ hours) but normally it leaves on time or with minor delays. I never checked in luggage therefore I can't review that part. I also never eat/drink on board so I don't understand the complaints of many about that. It is an airline, not a restaurant! Eat at the aiport if you must! Easyjet is great for short trips (less than 2 hours).

easyJet Customer review :  10 February 2014 by  Michael Shilling    (UK)

My comments relate to the absolutely awful, quaintly named, 'baggage drop'. To read the easyjet web site this sounds like a casual walk in the park. It is not. Departing Gatwick, we were in a zig zag for 50 minutes with the staff constantly going up and down pulling out passengers who were likely to miss their flight, thereby pushing the rest of us back in the queue. However, worse was to come on the return leg from Copenhagen when we were in a 60 minute baggage drop queue due to there being just one desk open - easyjet will not pay for more. On this showing, just what is the difference between check in and baggage drop.

easyJet Customer review :  7 February 2014 by  Andrew Denley    (UK)

Gatwick - Malta, EZY8823, 2/2/14. Malta - Gatwick, EZY8824, 6/2/14. We approached Easyjet with some trepidation - having witnessed hoards of passengers running to grab a seat. However, this has all now changed. The on-line check-in was relatively simple although we were unable to choose seats for our return flight - however, the allocated seats were reserved and we were seated together. Bag drop was simple and extremely well-organised at Gatwick, the seats were comfortable and the removal of a  reclining function meant that ones knees were never crushed by the person in front! Plenty of leg-room for the average male and the flight attendants were polite and professional. All in all a hassle-free and pleasant experience.

easyJet Customer review :  5 February 2014 by  B Wright    (UK)

I travel on a regular basis with Easyjet but really think it's time to ease up on their draconian baggage rules. Now that Ryanair have seen the light and not only offer priority boarding and allocated seating but they allow you to take a small handbag along with your carryon bag. This just makes life so much easier!

easyJet Customer review :  3 February 2014 by  Leslie Cadwallader    (UK)

LPL-PMI-LPL. A short winter break to Mallorca was made very easy by the efficiency of easyJet. Both flights were full, but we still managed to depart and arrive early on both sectors. Cabin crews were both hardworking and patient, especially in trying to maximise capacity in the overhead lockers, when some passengers seem oblivious of the needs of anyone but themselves. Cockpit crew also kept us well informed throughout both journeys.

easyJet Customer review :  31 January 2014 by  P Kieran    (UK)

Glasgow to Berlin return flight, 23rd to 30th January. Both flights on time, aircraft clean, seats were fine for what is a short journey. Took longer than usual to board on the outward flight mostly due to the scrum to find overhead locker room for the hand-luggage, as people understandably want to save £27 for the privilege of checking-in a case. Only gripe is that Easyjet are not as flexible with hand-luggage as they used to be, it's a strict one bag per person rule meaning handbags, sandwich bags etc must go in your hand-luggage. In Berlin they were checking the size of the bags in the metal cages, so be sure that your bag isn't bulging!

easyJet Customer review :  21 January 2014 by  O King    (UK)

EZY8403, LGW-DME, 20/1/2014. Would give no stars if I could. Appalling customer service. We were informed at the check in of an hour and a half delay, went to have a lunch, as now had the time. The flight went on time, leaving a few passengers behind. Called the customer services, according to their information the flight was delayed and still boarding, the ground staff said the flight had left. After a very stressful afternoon the company accepted the liability and rebooked us on another flight, the next day. Not worth the money saved, poor customer service.