easyJet Passenger Reviews and easyJet Customer Trip Reports

easyJet Customer review :  26 June 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

LTN-CPH. My 2nd flight with Easyjet in a short space of time and equally impressed. On-time departure and arrival into Copenhagen's GO Terminal. Very full flight so crew asked passengers to check their bags (for free, obviously) to preserve space on board. I don't think anyone was forced to do so. Very friendly service on board, the GO Terminal at CPH is very convenient for connections and the price, at 30 Euros, was just excellent. No comparison with Ryanair, Easyjet is nicer to fly than SAS on the same route, in fact!

easyJet Customer review :  26 June 2013 by Ashutosh Garg    (UK)

LGW-DME-LGW. All flights on time. Checked in online as airport check in can be time consuming. Good buy on board food options and helpful staff. All seats are non reclining and this was a problem as flight was of more than 4 hours with no IFE. But still the best low cost carrier to fly with. I will definitely fly with easyjet again.

easyJet Customer review :  24 June 2013 by A R Hakim    (UK)

Luton to Nice. We were ready to board, agent came into waiting area looking for 20 bags to go into hold. As there were no volunteers she came into waiting room and I can only say she very aggressively was looking to force the issue with a number of unfortunate passengers. She picked on my wife and insisted luggage to go into hold and she then decided to take my bag as well. We protested and she threatened to ban us from boarding. When we boarded, I found at least 7 similar or larger bags had been allowed on. We had no such problems on return flight where French Staff were helpful and polite - complete opposite to Luton Staff.

easyJet Customer review :  24 June 2013 by S Webster    (UK)

Flight EZY1974, Paphos to Manchester, 21.55, 21st June 2013. Travelled with my mother and 7 year old son after an extra weeks stay due to illness. Quick and easy check in, on time take off and early arrival back into Manchester. Aircraft was clean with adequate leg room. My gripe is that the flight had around 25 English soldiers flying back to the UK! I have to say the majority were absolutely fine but we had 3 sat in front of us throughout the flight were joined by another friend that stood up directly at the side of me for me for the first 3 hours of the flight. I am all for having a good time but the steady flow of alcohol that was served then lead to disgusting language being used! I spoke to the stewardess about asking the man to sit down in his seat but was told that there was not much they could do. I felt she completely dismissed my comments and was not even willing to speak to them about their language. There should be a cut off point where alcohol is no longer served!

easyJet Customer review :  24 June 2013 by Vanessa Morris    (UK)

17 June, EZY5453, London Gatwick to Paphos, Dep 07.40. Arr 14.15. Returning Friday 28 June, EZY 5454. As regular fliers to Cyprus we used the country's own carrier which we thought the best. For their own reasoning it is now difficult and expensive to use so we tried a charter airline, then easyJet. EasyJet wins. Very helpful, pleasant check in staff at Gatwick. Easy security. Contact with Captain on board who was professional but had a sense of humour. Excellent cabin crew. Good food, good service. Our choice for the future.

easyJet Customer review :  22 June 2013 by J Soares    (Portugal)

First time flying with easyjet to Madeira from Lisbon. Arrived at the airport, very quick to drop our bags off at the desk, quickly got through security up to the gate. No rush for boarding like in some other low cost carriers, mainly due to the fact that our seats are pre allocated. Plane was almost full however boarding and departure time were not delayed and we got to Funchal nice and early. Onboard crew was nice and made us feel welcome. Onboard food has got to be purchased, however most products are quite affordable and of good quality (very tasty muffins by the way). Would definitely recommend this airline and will fly with them again in the future.

easyJet Customer review :  22 June 2013 by P Barker    (UK)

EZY5243 from London Gatwick South to Palermo Sicily on 11 June 2013. EZY8568 from Catania (Sicily) to London Gatwick North on 19th June 2013. I have previously read such rubbish reviews about easyjet and was apprehensive when our tour company used Easyjet for our flights. I was pleasantly surprised. From the online check in, to baggage drop at the airport and then boarding. No hiccups. What a pleasure. The plane was almost new, very clean and leg room sufficient. The cabin crew were courteous, polite and extremely professional. On flight home I was taken ill, and the cabin crew could not do enough for me.

easyJet Customer review :  22 June 2013 by D Freitas    (Portugal)

FNC-LIS-FNC. Easyjet always provides an excellent product for what is paid. Flights on time and professional crew. Much better than its disorganized main competitor. Will always fly with them on this route. The only thing that worries me is their new policy of baggage beginning July 2013, as they will restrict the size a little bit more.

easyJet Customer review :  22 June 2013 by M R Preston    (UK)

I arrived at the bag drop queue at Liverpool John Lennon airport at 15.30 for a 17.50 flight (Sunday 16th June). When I joined the queue there were about 70 people ahead of me and only one person, a young man who was doing his best and to his credit remained very calm, on duty, the other staff member being on the Speedy Boarding desk. The queue moved very slowly and was growing, I estimated about 120 in total just before they opened a second bag drop desk about 5 minutes before I reached the front, after a wait of just under 50 minutes which is completely unacceptable. This complaint is not about the staff concerned, but about management who had not foreseen the staffing level required. The number of departures and passengers departing are a known quantity and as far as I am aware there was no unusual circumstance, so this is just poor planning, or cost saving at the expense of the customer. I travel easyJet a lot, sometimes 5 or six flights a month, and rarely have cause to complain.

easyJet Customer review :  22 June 2013 by Elaine Young    (UK)

Flew from Liverpool to Alicante. My husband requires assistance and the service we received was excellent. I would recommend easyjet.

easyJet Customer review :  22 June 2013 by G Holcombe    (UK)

BRS-KRK. Flew to Krakow with Easyjet from Bristol. Online check in was straightforward and there were plenty of communications by email prior to the departure date. Check in at the airport was easy to drop our bag off. The plane was very clean and I was surprised at the amount of leg room we had. As the flight wasn't full, the cabin crew allowed us to move seats so we had rows to ourselves. There was a good selection of items to purchase on board priced relatively the same as other airlines. The flights there and back left on time and we have absolutely no complaints with Easyjet whatsoever. We have used them quite a lot in the past and previous experiences have been equally as good.

easyJet Customer review :  20 June 2013 by J Groves    (UK)

MAN-ATH and back. Never flying with them again unless I have to. The aircraft was an Airbus A320. The flight seemed cheap at first, but the total was awful. They charged us for our baggage, they charged us for in-flight services. There wasn't any in flight entertainment (which is usual on short haul flights). We look now and we can flight 3 flights (one journey) with Swiss and Lufthansa on the ATH-MAN route cheaper than non-stop with easyJet.

easyJet Customer review :  17 June 2013 by D Stanley    (UK)

I am writing this on behalf of my aunt who only just flew from Gatwick to Moscow. We arrived at Gatwick nearly 2 hours before the flight to be greeted by a huge queue to check in bags, we had to join. I guessed early on that the queue was pointless as there was no way anyone could get through it in time for the flight. The check in staff were just calling people out of the queue just before their flight closed. We had about 5 minutes to check in the bags before the flight closed. I had paid for an extra bag through the web site. Not having used Easyjet for several years, I assumed all would be well. But no, buying an extra bag does not mean you have extra weight allowance. Told to speak to the supervisor and come back. As we came back we were told the flight had closed. In the end we went back to the supervisor and he managed to get her onto the flight, minus the extra bag. I will never fly with them again.

easyJet Customer review :  14 June 2013 by C MacKinnon    (Scotland)

We were booked on EZY8352 from Nice to Gatwick on Tuesday 12th June which was due to depart at 12.35. Due to the French air traffic control strike we were delayed until 8pm at night. Easyjet staff in Nice could not have been more helpful and we were treated well. When we eventually boarded our flight, the captain explained that they had had a troublesome customer in London, who had to be removed from the aeroplane and that meant they were further delayed and missed their slot into Nice. Staff on the flight were wonderful, considering they had had a long and stressful day. When we arrived at Gatwick, we had missed our connection, but EasyJet, again, came up trumps and put us up for the night, free of charge, in a hotel. The information desk at Gatwick had not informed us about this and it was only by chance we found out as we thought we would be spending the night on one of the airport benches! EasyJet get a lot of bad press, but I can't praise them enough.

easyJet Customer review :  14 June 2013 by K Fleming    (USA)

My fiancé and I few to Marco Polo Airport in Venice, Italy from London Gatwick. We were in an emergency exit row, with me at the window and her in the middle. After take off, I slid up the window blinder, as it was a day flight and I didn't want the sun in my eyes. The blinder stuck and I was unable to slide it down for landing. As we approached Venice, we came within 100-200 feet of the ground, then pulled up and out of the landing. The co- captain came over the speaker saying 'the pilot decided not to land and there would be more information shortly.' After another fifteen minutes of circling Italy, we landed. On the way back, we'd noticed that every EasyJet flight was running 15-20 minutes late, and every flight had it's gate moved. Our flight went from Gate 19 to Gate 28, for example. After sitting and waiting to board, we were jammed into a bus and driven out to the plane. Waiting for takeoff, I turned on the air blower above the seat and the panel fell down. The attendants fixed it, but that is not at all comforting as you're about to fly. On the flight home, I rolled my window blinder up, and it stuck again. The flights were loud, the seats didn't recline. The in-flight reading had to be purchased, though a catalogue of duty-free items was in the seat-back.

easyJet Customer review :  14 June 2013 by Jan Rooney    (Scotland)

Just returned from Malaga with easyjet, unfortunately due to a French air traffic control strike we were delayed however our captain kept us all informed and regularly updated on our flight situation. The crew were exceptional and nothing was a problem.. After boarding we were all given water and then anyone who wanted was given a complimentary drink.

easyJet Customer review :  14 June 2013 by J Tinning    (Austria)

I flew one way to Vienna on the 26th May from Gatwick. Flight schedule was convenient, at 16.55. The check in is great, you are able to do so 30 days before your flight. To reserve your preferred seat cost me just £3. The downside was the boarding, with people really being crammed into the shuttle bus to the aircraft. However, the flight was good, but delayed by around 15/20 minutes. The crew were professional. Good variety of refreshments. Baggage reclaim was quick. I would recommend EasyJet as they have become a much more modern and generally pleasant airline.

easyJet Customer review :  11 June 2013 by M Connelly    (UK)

I think the biggest issue with Easyjet is the unlimited hand baggage allowance. Easyjet are now making announcements asking passengers to volunteer to put their baggage in the hold free of charge. How can overhead lockers cope with unlimited weight? This is stupid beyond belief. You have passengers sticking 15 kilos in their hand baggage to save buying hold baggage. Did Easyjet really not see the absolutely obvious outcome of this policy. I constantly see passengers having to move items from hold baggage to hand baggage to avoid additional charges. Sort it out Easyjet.

easyJet Customer review :  11 June 2013 by A Martin    (UK)

Having flown Easyjet since 2005, I can certainly say they have gone downhill. What happened to that friendly, fun cabin crew and low cost flights from friendly low cost airports? They have just become a boring and typical traditional airline, a bit like a cheap BA. You now have to either reserve seats or hope that you get the seats you want when checking in, further increasing the costs if you want to sit together in good seats. I much prefer the format of paying a bit extra for priority boarding and choosing to sit wherever you like. I found cabin crew to be too pushy to sell items as they kept waking people up with announcements every 20 minutes. I also found the range of food and drink on board to be small and were out of stock with most items by the time they were a third of the way down the cabin. They are also concentrating too much on Gatwick Airport and making reductions elsewhere. They stopped flying from East Midlands and have now cut back drastically at Stansted now they serve Southend, which is disastrous for anybody living outside of Essex or East London. With now only having any decent service from London, Bristol and the Liverpool/Manchester area in England, I am finding them increasing unattractive to fly and am sticking more to Ryanair. I will not be looking to fly with them again any time soon if this trend continues!

easyJet Customer review :  11 June 2013 by R Coker    (USA)

First flight Paris Orly - Rome, May 22. We stood for boarding for over an hour before being told incoming aircraft was 20 minutes late. Passengers were still getting off plane when we were on jetway and we had to stop for another 5 minutes. Took an hour to get luggage. If it could get any worse next flight Venice-CDG (1.30 hour flight), June 8th, was supposed to board at 8.40 pm. Due to a crew change we did not board aircraft until 2.30am, arriving 4.30am, June 9th! Over 6 hours delay with everyone pretty much spending the night in the airport. Consolation: Food voucher.

easyJet Customer review :  11 June 2013 by L Adams    (UK)

Flew to Athens and back, didn't pay a bargain basement price either and yet the price kept hiking up further with every turn. When we arrived at Gatwick we had to pay an extra £100 for the 2 cases we had. I hadn't interpreted the message on the website correctly and assumed the charge option was given if travellers wanted to take more than the usual one suitcase per person so I ignored the option to pay for luggage online. Before the trip I received an email saying the return flight time was changed to a late flight (with no alternatives), so thought I'd pay another £16 online for extra leg room so we could sleep more comfortably. Got to Athens check in and even though we had no extra weight, we were asked to transfer stuff into hand luggage. I told them I had paid for extra leg room for the flight and they had no record of this either, unfortunately for us, I had paid this extra online so I had no receipt. I attempted to sort it out and was told to go to see a woman on the reservations desk. I crossed the airport and was met by the most arrogant, obnoxious woman I have encountered in a customer service role. It was clear I was going to get nothing and nowhere.

easyJet Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Bill Brockfield    (USA)

Flew RT from Paris Orly to Rome FCO. Flight was on-time, but service was lacking. This is a "no-frills" airline and you pay for everything. Snacks/drinks onboard are extra, and pilot flies through turbulence instead of around to save fuel, and you're limited to one carry-on bag. Even though we did online check-in, we were still made to wait with all other passengers checking their luggage so that the baggage Gestapo could nail us for extra bag fees. My wife had a purse plus a carry-on bag, so they hit us for 30 Euros. Spend a little more and fly with dignity.

easyJet Customer review :  6 June 2013 by G Maggioni    (Italy)

Flight FCO-MXP, May, 28th, 2013. It has been one of the worst experiences, no information in the airport. Only the crew onboard said what was happening! At the time of boarding (when finally staff in the airport had to show themselves), staff were rude. I am a frequent Easyjet flyer, and I'm changing my mind (fare and getting comparable to other airlines, and services were once good, now are worsening and assistance is pitiful).

easyJet Customer review :  6 June 2013 by Barbara Cooper    (UK)

We returned from Munich yesterday after the worse flight we have ever had, we booked seats with extra legroom as my husband has sciatica and needs extra room, as soon as we entered the plane we were told that we would be putting the plane at risk by sitting in our booked seats. When we complained we were treated in a very arrogant and rude manner by the cabin crew who seemed to think our plight was very amusing. There was no apology and no alternative seats offered. The plane was also old and scruffy. This was our first and last flight with easyjet.

easyJet Customer review :  4 June 2013 by K Jones    (Spain)

I travel regularly (once a month) ALC/LGW return and cannot fault Easyjet. Bag drop off at Gatwick is easy and quick, cabin crew always friendly and helpful and the planes are clean. I like the fact that the hand luggage weight is unlimited. The only bugbear I have is that when booking a return flight and hold baggage is required one way only, you have to call Easyjet to do this as the system is not able to book one-way hold baggage. As a regular traveller with Easyjet, would also be nice if they offered some sort of frequent flyer reward, (rather than offering Easyjet Plus for £149/year) on similar lines to the Vantage Club with Monarch.

easyJet Customer review :  31 May 2013 by C Fairlamb    (UK)

LGW to Fuerteventura and back. Trip out: At check-in / bag drop there was a n long queue despite the so called bag drop being quicker. As far as I can see this online service is just a way for the airline to save costs and printer ink. Check in took just as long as other airlines despite having my pre-booked seats and pre-printed boarding passes. I had to pay £50 fee to "check in" 2 cases as it turns out I hadn't completed the process properly. Around 40 minutes to do this. Boarding was chaotic at LGW with speedy board passengers sitting all over the plane and creating congestion with the non speedy board passengers. 30 mins late on take off. Crew were fine and polite. Food was just ok (at an extra charge). On return flight their web site wouldn't let me check in the hold baggage, so had to call customer services from Spain who told me as I hadn't booked direct with them it could only be changed by my travel company or by phone with them. Charged £28 to "check in" 2 hold bags. Return: Long wait at bag drop in Fuerteventura. Check in was quite slow and boarding was chaotic. Despite handing over my pre printed boarding pass I was issued with a new one at the bag drop which rather defeats the object of the so called online service. Cabin crew polite and efficient. Plane arrived on time. Total extra charges for trip amounted to around £118 for hold baggage and food. Not good in my opinion.

easyJet Customer review :  31 May 2013 by R Lucas    (UK)

London Luton to Bordeaux (Billi Terminal), 22 May 2013, 13.00. Return, Bordeaux (Billi Terminal) to London Luton, 26 May 2013, 16.10. I couldn't pre-book check-in baggage for the return flight only. When I arrived to the airport I was charged for £25/€30 to check in my bag. Even if the website doesn't allow you to pre-book your baggage on one flight if you book a round trip (£187 + £25) it would be better to book another airline. On an anther flight I had no food and beverages on board as the service was too slow, so they couldn't save me before landing. I spent 1hr 20mins with no drinks.

easyJet Customer review :  30 May 2013 by Geraldine Quinn    (Northern Ireland)

Have travelled on numerous occasions with Easyjet in the past. I hope I never have to travel with them again. Went to Amsterdam last Friday, 24 May on 10.10 am flight. Had booked in one piece of luggage and we had a small trolley case. Check in staff told us to put case in size gauge. We had no worries as this piece of luggage was used in March to travel with easyjet to Geneva. We were wrong as the wheels were not fully in gauge and we had then to pay £25. We were angry and embarrassed re this. As we waited to be checked in not one other passenger was asked to even remove their luggage off trolley just us! Spoke to supervisor on site, waste of time as expected. She just said she would ensure all staff were advised to check size of hand baggage. This didn't happen. Any way the case was classed as hand luggage on our return trip.

easyJet Customer review :  29 May 2013 by Margaret Godfrey    (UK)

Only complaint about this cheap flight to Nice was the bag drop at Stansted. Only two sites were open, then after about 20 minutes another two, which meant that with few staff, a very long queue of anxious people, including myself, took around 50 minutes just to drop off the luggage, and although we were on time getting to the airport it only left a short time to grab a sandwich from Pret before making our way to board. I recommend at least 2.5 hours with this system so that it gives you more breathing time. Coming back via Nice Airport was a delight - they had 10 baggage drop off sites and it only took about 15 minutes - Easyjet get your act together!

easyJet Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Gareth Karpinski    (UK)

LGW-LPA-LGW - 20th May 2013 - Flew easyjet on holiday to Gran Canaria. Lovely, modern, clean plane and very friendly crew. Arrived early, baggage already waiting in the arrivals area after disembarking. So efficient. Only thing that really let them down was the queuing at London Gatwick's North Terminal to drop our luggage in. We printed our boarding cards at home, but still queued for almost an hour at Gatwick to check bags in. Very slow service and only 4 desks open of a possible 20. Staff were available calling customers on flights departing before ours so that was something, but more staff required at bag drop for sure! Certainly didn't deter me from flying easyjet again though.

easyJet Customer review :  28 May 2013 by P Cullen    (UK)

LGW-Dubrovnik return. I agree with the last few comments, now easyJet has allocated seating it is a much better experience. Both flights were a few minutes late departing (air traffic congestion according to pilots) but arrived on time. Cabin crew were friendly and efficient. A good experience, at least equal to that offered by many 'traditional' airlines.

easyJet Customer review :  27 May 2013 by Tony Quinn    (UK)

Flown twice with EJ in recent months (BRS-BCN-BRS and BRS-KRK-BRS). The new seat allocation process is fantastic, such a massive improvement. Both flights were early taking off and landing (even allowing for the padding in the flight times). Nice plane and good flight crew and seats are comfortable enough for a 2 to 3 hour flight. EJ are now approaching BA as a premium airline. Since we use them 3 or 4 times a year I am more than pleased with the changes and would recommend them highly.

easyJet Customer review :  27 May 2013 by P Knees    (UK)

First time we have flown easyjet, went to Cyprus on 12th May 2013, returning on 19th. Both flights were fantastic, no delays, plane very clean and comfortable but the thing that made it pleasurable were the very friendly staff, very professional without being stuffy.

easyJet Customer review :  27 May 2013 by S McNamara    (UK)

LTN to Sharm. Travelled with infant so joined speedy boarding queue on both flights. Outbound flight was ok as there were a few empty seats so that gave us a bit more room. Few gripes on the inbound flight. The first been that they ran out of hot food and virtually everything else by the time they reached us in row 17, and the second been that despite there been a number of babies/kids on board, they still insisted on putting the cabin lights on when a lot of people were asleep to do another trolley run. I understand there is a business need but a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss. Legroom wasn't too bad given that I am 6'4". I just wish the cost of flights to Sharm would be a bit more reasonable with Easyjet, especially when flights to Dubai are so much less with other airlines.

easyJet Customer review :  23 May 2013 by Robert Barrigan    (UK)

SEN-FAO-SEN. 2 great flights especially now you have allocated seating, better late than never. My only gripe is please stop calling passengers for boarding (at SEN) when the aircraft isn't ready to board and you are stuck in the freezing cold for 10 minutes. Carry on with making flying enjoyable again it really is getting back to the good old days.

easyJet Customer review :  23 May 2013 by D Jowett    (UK)

Flew to Malaga and back. We booked speedy boarding, which is an excellent idea. Lovely nearly new aircraft, polite and efficient cabin and flight crew. Will always try to fly with them again. To those who complain about missing a check in or gate - it is your responsibility to turn up and allow sufficient time to get through security etc and to the gate, this varies at each airport, and the time of day - it is not the responsibility of the airline!

easyJet Customer review :  22 May 2013 by Lynn Butler    (UK)

Manchester to Alicante. Have flown with many airlines but this was a first with easyJet. The cabin crew and service were fantastic and they were always smiling and friendly. The plane was very clean, better than some more expensive airlines and I would definitely fly with them again. A nice start to my holiday.

easyJet Customer review :  21 May 2013 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (Netherlands)

AMS-NCL-AMS. Both full flights but the job was very well done. Paid 170 for 2 incl. one bag, which was almost half the price of KLM, at almost the same departure times. Friendly crew - also at drop off, no constant harassment with product selling like Ryanair, on time performance and fair prices for drinks. EasyJet shows that low cost travel doesn't mean you want to be treated like cattle.

easyJet Customer review :  20 May 2013 by D Peric    (Serbia)

BEG-MXP-BEG. First time flying with easyJet, it was a really good experience. The easyJet-terminal 2 at MXP is a separate from the rest of the airport, but with all the regular facilities. Travelled with hand luggage only. Both flights were full, still the boarding was smooth and effective. Allocated seating was good, as there is no rush experienced with other low costers, did not pay extra to get the option to choose the seats yourself, but it would be great if they offered, at least a few seats per flight to choose from, without extra charge like regular carriers. Legroom was ok for a budget airline . Italian crew were good, only tried some snacks and wine, price was ok. Quite cheap ticket, so really good value for the money. Recommended.

easyJet Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Lucy Hardy    (UK)

BRS-PMI. Flight time of 2 hours 10 minutes, very good cabin service, good legroom, excellent boarding process now that seats are allocated, food fairly priced and was good.

easyJet Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Alyssa Stewart    (UK)

First the Easybus service was nightmare as we weren't able to get on the right bus as it was late and when it arrived my kids and I couldn't get on. When we got to the airport we were forced to pay £25 for luggage being 1 kg over weight. If that was British airways that would be fine. For the flight, you have to pay for food, which the prices are ridiculous and the food isn't that amazing. 1 year prior to this occasion, my kids and I had to fly to Spain and unfortunately Easyjet messed up our booking and we had to miss a weeding! My advice is only go on Easyjet for a weekend out with your friends, other than that better fly on British Airways or another airline.

easyJet Customer review :  20 May 2013 by A Harvey    (UK)

LGW-RAK-LGW and as ever, an excellent experience with a polished airline that some people still love to slate, normally because they don't bother to read the T&C's of travel! Outbound on a clean A320 with great crew, left on time and arrive 30 mins early. Coming home an A319 which left 10 mins late but still arrived 15 mins ahead of schedule. Allocated seating GREAT and crew again happy and attentive. I think easyJet are still way ahead of the game, even compared to holy grail of BA! Reading other peoples negative reviews makes me laugh because they haven't read their terms and conditions of travel - that's hardly easyJets fault! Great airline, great service and normally great crew - and always at a great price.

easyJet Customer review :  17 May 2013 by P Mustac    (Italy)

They sold me 4 one-way flights instead of 2 flying out and 2 return between Rome and Basel. The 14th I flew out to Basel. On the 15th I showed up at Basel and they explained I had tickets to fly out of Rome again - without ever returning of course! No problem they allowed me to either change the two tickets for 289 euro or throw out the old ticket and buy two new for 279 E!

easyJet Customer review :  16 May 2013 by E Schwartz    (USA)

Refused to check me in to my flight from Paris Orly to Nice because I arrived at the check-in desk 43 minutes before the flight. Forced me to buy a pair of new airline tickets at a cost of 150 euros on the next flight. I was in line for 13 minutes. At the next flight, I made it through security in 8 minutes. They didn't start boarding until 18 minutes before departure. Forced my husband to pay 30 euros at check-in because his carryon was 1.8 cm taller than their published standard, threatened to charge us 50 euros if we took it to the gate. My carryon passed at check-in, and at the gate they tried to force me to check it for 50 euros, because it would not fall all the way into the baggage sizer of its own force. First experience with EasyJet will be my last.

easyJet Customer review :  15 May 2013 by Judy Armson    (UK)

Very happy with my flight to and from Geneva, which I make 2 or 3 times a year. I didn't pre-book seats as I saw no point in the extra cost. My hand luggage was put in hold, free, as not enough space in upper lockers. This was fine as I then did not need to cart my baggage around with me. My return flights included my grandson aged 4. Twice on trips he has been invited into the cock pit for a photo. when at Gatwick and parked.

easyJet Customer review :  14 May 2013 by A Henry    (UK)

Luton to Belfast International. I paid extra to pick my seat. There was a biting cold wind, with gusts to 50mph. Boarding was really slow, so I got to stand around on open steps for several minutes whilst people got their stuff packed. When I got on board, my carefully chosen window seat, turned out to be next to a screaming baby. I swapped with one of the parents, so I was then one row away from a screaming baby. On a flight with unallocated seating, I would have picked a seat 15 rows away. The next time I flew with them, they made me pack my carry on bag in the hold. There were seats which were near empty luggage bins, but the bins near my allocated seat were full. It meant I had to hang around waiting for my bag to arrive, when I should have been on my way home. They are trying to act like a premium airline, but without the infrastructure, or the organisation. It takes too long to board, so they end up running late. If I'm boarding from a sky bridge, then its not so bad to have to wait whilst people find a specific seat. However, with Easyjet, if I am queuing outside, I want everyone onboard and seated as soon as possible. When I've got a choice, I will use some other airline.

easyJet Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Lesley Paschalaki    (Greece)

ATH-MAN-ATH, 28/4 - 08/5. All flights on time or slightly early. Got 3 seats together without having to pay extra. Boarding easy for both flights. Check-in quick. All in all good experience and as I booked the flights months in advance very good value for money.

easyJet Customer review :  11 May 2013 by Matev Vihren    (Bulgaria)

On my way back from Berlin I missed my flight, although I checked-in on time. Security check at Schonefeld airport was so tight, so after I passed it - it was impossible to reach the gate on time. The gate number was 34 (out of 35 gates) and it was located about a mile away from the security check point. When I reached the gate - it was already closed. There were no announcements from airport speakers, nobody tried to find out what had happened to me. The check-in desk closes 40 minutes before the flight and as per EasyJet's customer support explanations - it is my duty to reach the gate on time (30 minutes before the flight). To reach the gate in 10 minutes (if you've checked in 41 minutes before the flight) is impossible in this airport! I do think that EasyJet flights from this airport suffer from very bad organization!

easyJet Customer review :  11 May 2013 by Gary Munt    (UK)

Flew Gatwick-Gibraltar on 10th April 2013, had to board via the stairs and not the airbridge at the North Terminal, making us about 3 mins late. Seats were fine and legroom ok for a short flight, Snacks and refreshments were priced ok and so was the duty free. Crew were friendly. Landed 10 Minutes early. Return Gibraltar-Gatwick 12th April 2013, boarded via stairs again but that's the only way to board in Gibraltar, turns out it was the exact same A319 aircraft we came out on! Just as we were about to pushback a 15 minute delay due to paperwork, quite lucky as the Monarch A320 to Luton had a 3.5 hour delay! Seats were fine and legroom ok like outbound, snacks and refreshments priced ok and so was the duty free. Crew were friendly. Landed 4 minutes late. Overall I would fly easyjet again as they are cheap and get you from A to B efficiently!

easyJet Customer review :  9 May 2013 by Y Arick    (UK)

LGW-LPA-LGW. April 2013 - To be honest I wish BA would start flying to LPA direct as it would make things much easier but as it stands you've got either easyjet or ryanair and I would say (after many flights) that easyjet does have the advantage on this route by a small margin.

easyJet Customer review :  5 May 2013 by Gillian Collins    (UK)

London Gatwick-Inverness return. Excellent experience, flights pretty much on time, cabin crew friendly and helpful. The new pre allocated seating is a vast improvement and no longer an uncivilised scrum when boarding. We didn't pay extra but still got seats together. As long as the price and service is right we will happily continue to fly Easyjet.

easyJet Customer review :  29 April 2013 by K Glasby    (UK)

Luton to Faro and return. Bag drop off very good, no waiting at Luton but a longer wait at Faro to check in. Both flights on time, aircraft clean and comfortable for leg room given. Cabin crew pleasant and regular information from flight deck. Will use again.

easyJet Customer review :  25 April 2013 by H Hollock    (UK)

Flew with Easyjet from Gatwick to Madrid and then back again from Madrid to Gatwick on 18/4/12 and 22/4/13. Excellent service, good flight times, very impressed, love the pre-seat booking - makes travelling much easier. Good cabin crew and all in all a very professional service from Easyjet. Would not hesitate to use them again.

easyJet Customer review :  25 April 2013 by S Burrough    (UK)

Booked Easyjet flight to Tenerife. Booked extra legroom both ways. Got it on the outgoing journey in seats 1A/B/C/D. But there was some complaints behind us as 8 people had booked extra legroom in rows 12 and 13. But the aircraft was changed since they booked and rows 12 and 13 were no longer extra legroom. I was a little concerned as I had booked those extra legroom on the return journey ! I thought it was a blip but you guessed it - the aircraft was also changed on the return journey and our seats were no longer extra legroom. There were 8 other people who were disappointed to. Now, interestingly the cabin crew confirmed to us that this was not a last minute change of aircraft as it was shown on their schedule since they were issued some considerable time before. Therefore it seems obvious to me that if Easyjet can't fill a larger aircraft then they put on a smaller one and ignore those passengers who have paid for extra legroom seats which don't exist on the smaller plane. So beware booking an Easyjet flight and booking seats too far in advance because they seem to change aircraft a bit more frequently than you would think.

easyJet Customer review :  25 April 2013 by S Taylor    (UK)

I flew to Faro on the 9th April from Gatwick using easyjet for the first time in a few years and found it an excellent service, the staff at the airport and on the flight were first class and the pilot was standing at the front of the aircraft once everyone had boarded. The flight was early arriving and the pilot once again stood at the front to say goodbye to passengers. Will definitely be using easyjet again.

easyJet Customer review :  24 April 2013 by Greg Penola    (Turkey)

INV-LGW purchased a seat at the front of the aircraft for faster entry and exit. Worth the few extra pounds. Cabin crew were very friendly and the food was more than acceptable. Flight delayed by 30 minutes which was annoying as missed connecting trains at Gatwick. Overall a positive experience. Seats comfy, aircraft clean. Much better experience now with allocated seating.

easyJet Customer review :  23 April 2013 by Nigel Stacey    (UK)

Just flown easyjet from Luton to Tel Aviv and return and I was very happy with them after having avoided Easyjet for quite a few flights because of the stampede for the plane, but now they have gone for allocated seating which is pre-bookable now and very reasonable priced. The staff were very good and the plane although one of the more recent to the fleet was nice and clean. The leg room was also good having said that I am 5'6 but my knees were not banging against the seat in front. They also boarded nice and early so everyone had plenty of time to get to there seat.

easyJet Customer review :  22 April 2013 by Guy Arnold    (UK)

EasyJet are getting better. Just flew to Geneva and back, paid for premium seats and speedy boarding (it wasn't that much extra) and it was well worth it. Does what it says on the tin!

easyJet Customer review :  22 April 2013 by Alan Lambert    (UK)

With seat allocation, a good airline just got better. London Gatwick to Geneva with a Swiss crew who were charming and helpful and efficient. Boarding well organised and unstressful. Return on a very busy Airbus 320 and a bit less calm. People claiming not to know they had allocated seats had to be shunted around the cabin, but we still got away on time. Great, short haul product at a good price. What's not to like?

easyJet Customer review :  18 April 2013 by D Alleva    (UK)

London Gatwick to Rome Fiumicino, family of four. No bags checked so we went straight to the gate. Boarding started on time, take off was on time and we arrived 15 minutes earlier. Perfect flight really. You don't get as much leg space as you would get with British Airways but for a 2 hours flight is absolutely fine. Seats needed some attention but overall appearance was good. No concerns over aircraft safety anyhow. Cabin crew was polite and helpful, aircrew kept updated regularly (more than other major carriers do). Overall, as usual, very satisfied with Easyjet.

easyJet Customer review :  18 April 2013 by D S Caine    (UK)

My wife and I recently went on holiday to Malta booking the flights and extra length seats online through EasyJet. This, coupled with the rapid check-in and boarding was completely hassle free with the flight time out and return being on time. All the staff throughout were efficient and courteous making our holiday experience relaxing, enjoyable and stress free.

easyJet Customer review :  17 April 2013 by P Munro    (UK)

London Gatwick to Edinburgh International and back on the same day. Generally ok, flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh was late by 3 minutes, however the flight back was delayed 30 minutes. However, staff were helpful and friendly in getting information to passengers. Despite having little leg room, the seats were comfortable and fine for a short flight. Food was ok. I gave a zero for Inflight Entertainment because there was none. The price was fantastic, at least £20 cheaper than British Airways (on an equivalent flight). In general, a good experience. don't expect them to be on time or to be as good as the more pricier companies, but for a short flight (anything less than 3 hours) you really can't go wrong.

easyJet Customer review :  17 April 2013 by S Redfern    (UK)

LGW to Marrakech return on A320. Both flights arrived on time. Service was reasonable as you get what you pay. Newish aircraft's.

easyJet Customer review :  17 April 2013 by David Chown    (Spain)

Malaga to LGW, LGW to Nice return. On time on all 4 flights, no problems with the flight. The problem is the airports. At Malaga we were sent down the ramp and then had to wait about 10 minutes while the previous passengers disembarked. We were right behind large glass panels and the sun was baking! No way to shelter. At LGW Easyjet has a sort of add-on terminal which is at least 400 yards along endless corridors from the exit into the main terminal. It carries the numbers from 100 upward and most North Terminal Easyjet flights use it. For anyone who finds walking less than pleasant it is a long way!

easyJet Customer review :  17 April 2013 by H Gibbs    (Netherlands)

I fly regularly between Amsterdam and Luton. Except during ash clouds and extreme weather the flights were punctual. Pity about the extra charge for credit card payment. Only train tickets to London via first capitol connect for sale in the plane, pity, as people are not aware that if they get in the wrong train they will have to pay again. Also, other destinations eg Bedford not for sale in cabin. A shuttlebus to the railway station, don't forget to buy your ticket for this in advance! Only plane tickets bought far in advance can be had for a reasonable price, at the last minute very expensive. However, this is a good airline if you are travelling to the Luton area, London or using the railway service from Parkway. Overall I am a satisfied customer and would recommend easyjet.

easyJet Customer review :  17 April 2013 by D Jones    (UK)

LIS-EDI, 13/04/13. Half hour delay in departure due to incoming flight experiencing high head wind. This was explained by captain once boarded and as promised lost time was recovered as same wind considerably shortened time in air to Edinburgh. Clean plane smooth flight and pleasant crew. Easyjet now offer broad range of destinations from Edinburgh and will happily use them again.

easyJet Customer review :  17 April 2013 by L Hall    (USA)

After reading previous posts, was pleasantly surprised. CDG-VCE chose speedy boarding. Priority check-in and priority boarding. Crew extremely professional and helpful. Comfortable, courteous, on time, easy. Would use them again.

easyJet Customer review :  17 April 2013 by C Brown    (Scotland)

Flight was fine, but the check in was appalling, I got charged a fortune for a second piece of luggage - a camera less than 6x4x4 - but women with much larger handbags were allowed to take them on the plane in addition to their cabin bags. Customer service dreadful - utterly useless - and there is no Easyjet UK phone number.

easyJet Customer review :  12 April 2013 by M Cowell    (UK)

LGW-VCE, PSA-LGW. Both flights on time and operated with clean and quiet A319's. Crews professional and attentive with informative flight deck announcements. Fares excellent considering it was Easter week. Amused on both flights to get off the bus ahead of the "Speedy boarders"!

easyJet Customer review :  12 April 2013 by E Birman    (UK)

LTN-CDG, a short flight, and my first with Easyjet in almost 10 years. There's no comparison to Ryanair: the process is much smoother, flight attendants and ground staff are friendly and accommodating. Flight departed and landed on time, even early, and arrival into Terminal 2 in CDG is very convenient. Will absolutely fly again. Price was competitive with British Airways flights to ORY, and a good 30% cheaper than CDG flights.

easyJet Customer review :  5 April 2013 by Mohammed Gother    (UK)

MAN - Antalya - MAN. Flew as a family of 7, paid for speedy boarding and extra legroom which I though was excellent value for money. Both flights were on time with announcements from the captain throughout the flight, the cabin crew worked hard and the food and drinks were reasonably priced. The only issue was that in Antalya you are still required to have a standard boarding card so you still have to queue at check-in. Overall for a budget airline they were very good.

easyJet Customer review :  3 April 2013 by Richard Bickel    (USA)

Dead on-time out of CDG to Marrakech, the same on return. An excellent airline. The only downside was the lack of a jetway on returning to CDG with the accompanying sardine-packed bus to the terminal, but a small price to pay for a ticket that was only 175 USD RT. I would fly them again.

easyJet Customer review :  2 April 2013 by P Le Vicount    (UK)

LGW-RAK-RAK-LGW. Both flights departed on time despite poor weather in the UK. Not as in your face selling onboard as Ryanair do so no complaints. Crew were efficient and got the job done and got plenty of information from the flight deck en route. For what we paid I really cannot fault them, if you follow the rules 99% time all will be ok.

easyJet Customer review :  28 March 2013 by Nick Serpell    (UK)

MAN-TFS return. Comfortable flight on a fairly new Airbus 320. Paid extra for exit row seats as this was a 4 hour flight and that gave us the option of Speedy Boarding. However, not so important now that easyJet have started offering pre-assigned seats which removes the scrum. Speedy Boarding does mean you can drop your bag at a special Speedy Boarding desk rather than queue with the majority of passengers. This saved quite a bit of time at both ends. We had checked in online and the airline's website suggests you just turn up and drop your hold baggage. However Easy Jet's definition of "bag drop" sees the same lengthy queues at desks that you would get if you were checking in at the airport. Seats were comfortable with the extra legroom that goes with exit seats. Cabin crew efficient and friendly. The food offering is perfectly adequate for the length of journey. Plenty of information from the flight crew. Bit too much use of the PA system by the cabin crew. Altogether I find easyJet perfectly adequate for short haul flights.

easyJet Customer review :  27 March 2013 by Stephanie Scott    (UK)

It was not Easyjet's fault that we were delayed by bad weather and so we missed our connection to Edinburgh, but they tried to profit from our distress by demanding £120 to transfer us on the next flight to Edinburgh the next morning. No offer of a hotel. Turned to British Airways for help, who got us on their last flight that evening. What a difference, better seats, free drink and snack and happy staff.

easyJet Customer review :  25 March 2013 by J Lytel    (UAE)

I flew easyJet from CDG in Paris to Biarritz this week. Before I left, I measured the size of my carry-on luggage to ensure it fit the easyJet requirements. It did. Yet, when I arrived at the gate, I was told I had to check my bag and pay 30 euros. I complained and asked to speak to a supervisor. This was the worst experiences I have had on a low-budget carrier. Ground staff were tenacious about my luggage. Completely unacceptable, especially when the luggage fit the parameters of easyJets policy. Ground staff didn't like my laptop bag and wouldn't define it as one.

easyJet Customer review :  18 March 2013 by S Jones    (UK)

I've flown EasyJet from Bristol-Nice, Nice-Paris, and Bristol-Geneva (and the corresponding return journeys). I've never found them to be anything less than excellent, especially in terms of value for money. The flights are efficient and clean and the staff friendly and professional. Food is reasonably priced and tasty. They are always the first carrier i check when looking for flights.

easyJet Customer review :  15 March 2013 by B Nicholson    (UK)

In January 2013 my wife and I booked and expensive one week Italian tour now spoiled by EasyJet! We were attracted by the premium departure time of 11.35 from Gatwick on 13 May 2013 and return from Verona departing 15.10 on 20 May. We have just been advised that the flight departure time from Gatwick has been brought forward by a massive 4hr 35min which means we loose a night sleep and to add insult to injury our return flight has been brought forward by 4hrs 10min again loosing a nights sleep and breakfast. We are both retired regular fliers and have not experienced this level of disruption before.

Earlier comments for EASYJET have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking | Advertse | Passenger's Choice Awards | Site Map | Contact Us | Links |