Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by U Guest    (USA)

Horrible service, horrible planes, Delta does not care about their passengers. No matter what happens, they only have on excuse - technical problems with the plane. I booked my flights with Delta because the price is usually $30-50 cheaper, but I've learned my lesson - it's not worth it. (I fly about 10 times a year and have done so for last 6 years) I don't remember their flight being ever on time. They've failed 100 out of 100 times. I wish everyone would stop flying with them, just to show them that in order to stay in business they have to take care of their customers.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by A Galiano    (USA)

I have flown Delta for 20 years, and the last few have become completely horrible. The company does not appear to care about the customer any longer. The seats have shrunk to petite size on most flights and I am fairly thin. My knees are in the back of the seat in front of me when I am in coach. The flights are consistently late on departure and arrival. The flights are typically oversold which creates a capacity issue for their service. As a frequent flyer and a business person, I can understand the need to increase operating margins, but at what cost? I think the executive team should eat their own dog food and ride non-private flights. I am considering abandoning my gold status at Delta for an airline that can do more than lip service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by E Dunn    (USA)

Booked on Delta flight out of a local regional airport MLI to New Bern North Carolina via connection in Atlanta. Flight was scheduled to depart at 4.59pm. It was pushed back to 7.30 as the incoming flight out of Atlanta has mechanical problems and they were bringing in another plane. Flight delayed a second time to 8.39pm and cancelled. Both at the delay and cancellation the customers had to leave the secure area and go back out to the ticket counter. We were told the flight was cancelled because the crew timed out. All flights on Delta out of Chicago and United were booked. They have no reciprocating agreement with Southwest or U.S. Air and could not see their reservation. Delta told us to come back the next day at 4.50 for that flight. We finally via the internet were able to book a flight earlier the next day out of Chicago with U.S. Air for $400 more than the original ticket. We had purchased insurance through Alliance. Delta would only refund the ticket price and would not pay the difference. The people at the ticket counter were less than helpful they had given up and didn't care. I won't be flying Delta again, not if I can help it at least. U.S air was on time and staff was very friendly.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Stacy Lankford    (USA)

I fly Delta exclusively and am delayed out of PHL quite regularly, but with this airline they work to get you where you are going as well as anyone. After having some recent experience with Allegiant Air I have developed a new respect and appreciation for Delta. The level of service at Allegiant sets a new low bar hopefully never to be exceeded.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by M Schuwer    (France)

AF3628 (operated by Delta) Paris-NY JFK, 6th April. Extremely disappointed with Delta, the only normal element was that the flight was on time. The staff service was not pleasant and not helpful. The lavatory (even before taking off) was dirty. No newspapers (we'll give you whatever will be left after business class passengers have been served). The food was appalling and a horrible non-descript sandwich (which almost everyone put aside) should not be called a "meal". What a trip.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Adam Khan    (Canada)

I went DTW-SFO AND SFO-DTW. Took Delta Airlines Boeing 767-300 both ways. The seat comfort was great! There was a lot of leg room. The staff wasn't very friendly. They weren't smiling that much or very polite. There was a lot of food selection and prices were decent. We got complimentary drinks twice which was great. The inflight entertainment system has a ton of selection although most of the movies and tv shows cost money. But the music selection was amazing so it was great. Overall the Delta flights were really good and I would definitely fly it again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Moffett    (USA)

Extremely dissatisfied with Delta. Original flight delayed with no explanation. Missed connecting flight by 5 minutes. The next flight I was able to get on and still make my appointment at my destination - at boarding time was advised of "mechanical issues" and not sure of length of delay. For the price of airfare this lack of service and commitment is unacceptable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 April 2014 by E Sauerwein    (USA)

I fly international in economy class from Seattle (SEA) to Japan (NRT) about twice every month. I have flown this route more than 10 times already and with a variety of different airlines. At first I was sceptical about flying with Delta, but Delta has made up a lot of ground recently in my opinion. While Delta is no match for Singapore airline's service, and no match for ANA's food, it does beat out United airlines in both of these categories. One major problem I have with Delta's international flight is that they really only served one meal, whereas Singapore and ANA gave you a full 2 meals. Over a 9-10 hour flight, having only one major meal feels a little lacking and will leave you hungry walking off the plane. The food that is served is also not exciting, but gets the job done. In-flight entertainment is good, with plenty of choices and nice screen size/brightness. I fly often, so this is particularity important especially over such a long segment. Seat comfort is mediocre but its economy so you get what you pay for, however, I have used Premium Economy seating with Delta and I'd have to say its worth the few extra $. If flying ANA on this segment on a 787 Dreamliner, your Regular Economy seating will outclass Deltas Premium Economy seats however. To rap up, I'd say since Delta is usually 100$ cheaper than the other competitors mentioned above, you really get what you pay for.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Ian Sinclair    (UK)

DL010, ATL-LHR on 7th March. Very tight connection from Dallas through Atlanta, made the flight with minutes to spare and my bags made it onto the flight too! Extremely attentive cabin staff, comfortable lie flat bed, good selection of food and drink, IFE was a little dated but didn't mind as was tired and needed the sleep. Flight arrived early, quick bag delivery. All round great experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Hendrik Oberbeckmann    (Germany)

We had a very good flight from DUS to LAX with transfer in ATL. Service on both flights was good even if meals on the inner-USA flight were not for free.

Our flight from LAX to JFK was on time and we arrived earlier than planned. Service was a little slow due to the reason they don't accept cash payment for meals and Credit Card verification wasn't that fast. Inflight entertainment was really good!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by E Biafore    (USA)

Economy Comfort, DTW-LAX on a 767-300 and LAX-DTW on a 737-900. To LAX, the 767-300 seat was good, although it did not have the adjustable headrest. Multiple drink runs and plenty of cookies, peanuts and pretzels. Personal entertainment had okay choices. Back to DTW, the 737-900 was great. Seats were very comfortable. Again, multiple drink runs and lots of snacks. Purchased the fruit/cheese tray and tapas, both of which were very good. The personal entertainment had tons of movies. Overall - very good experience. I hope that all aircraft get seats with adjustable headrests, as they do make a difference on a 4+ hour flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Mary Wickens    (USA)

Paid $622 for so-called Sky Priority First Class from Detroit to Tampa. What a joke! My checked bag was taken off the non-stop because they were overweight. I guess Sky Priority means they ditch your bag before everyone else. Planes are filthy. First class lavatory filthy. First class crowded with coach passengers using forward lavatory. No attempt by FAs to deter this. First overheads filled with coach luggage. Several first class flights last year on AA were terrific, also first on Icelandair - also terrific. Save your money - Delta is now a low cost, low service airline do not bother to pay for First class.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by W Powell    (USA)

3/24/14 I was set to departing from Atlanta to Greensboro, NC on flight DL4933 and returning from Greensboro, NC to Atlanta on DL1461. Upon boarding I noticed that there was a climate issue on the flight where half of the plane was extremely cold and the back half of the flight was unbearably hot. I was not the only passenger to complain to no avail to the flight staff. After about 30min on the runway with no movement we were notified that there was an engine malfunction and all passengers would need to depart the aircraft. We were told at 8.50am that the maintenance would take an hour at the most. It is now 10.33am and there has been no resolution to the situation. The ladies at the customer care center across from D27 have been the only people to attempt to assist me. I attempted to inform the representatives at the departure gate (D13) that I was attempting to go to a funeral and any options would be appreciated and they stated that they understood and asked me to take a seat and wait. As a result of my flight not being ready to depart Atlanta at 10.40am and the viewing in Winston-Salem, NC beginning at 11.00am I was unable to pay my respects.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Kaval Lodhie    (USA)

I flew LA to NYC on a red-eye flight this past Sunday, March 23rd. The boarding process was an absolute nightmare, and that was in part due to some horrible service (more to come). More than 15 people had to check in their bags, and all passengers in Economy that could keep their luggage on board were having to put their belongings aisles down in the bins, creating a huge mess upon landing. While entering the plane and attempting to put our things away, we were "greeted" by an extremely sarcastic, condescending, and "rudely-friendly" air hostess who would individually call out any person taking longer than 15 seconds to put away their things. After embarrassing quite a few passengers, including myself, who were tired and exhausted and about to take a 6 hour red-eye, she proceeded to call one passenger "cute, very handsome," and helped him out by putting his luggage in first class. A few minutes later, after everyone else was told to check in their bags, a mother came in with a son with special needs, stated she had to keep her luggage on board because his medicines and change of clothes were all in there, and the hostess proceeded to tell her there's nothing she can do except give her a bag for her medicines. After take-off (which was 25 minutes late), the passengers proceeded to sleep (as one does past midnight), and the air hostesses (namely the sarcastic one) proceeded to talk at full volume, inconsiderate of the passengers. As a side note, the other hostesses were quite nice. After 6 hours on a rather uncomfortable seat, we started our decent with yet again, the sarcastic hostess picking out her two favorite passengers and offering them secret mimosas, while the rest of us looked on. Not a good experience, pretty frustrating, and undoubtedly, embarrassing.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Sean Kyte    (UK)

Flew Washington to London via Atlanta. Flight from Washington to Atlanta was fine, drinks service and pretzels provided however bad weather meant the service was suspended. Annoying the flight was full and warnings were given about hand luggage due to the flight being full however quite a lot of other passengers had loads of luggage including massive cases that would normally be checked in. Flight from Atlanta to London was fine, meal service delayed due to bad weather but meal was tasty and full drinks service offered. On demand TV with good selection, would definitely fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Steve Tait    (USA)

BOS-ATL-LIM-ATL-BOS in Business Class. Flight experience was excellent. Great crews, very comfortable lay-flat bed seating, wonderful IFE, superb meals. Additionally, very good wines offered. I have never had aged wines on a flight before. The return from LIM to ATL was canceled due to a mechanical issue and DL had to fly the part down on their flight from ATL the next day. DL did a commendable job accommodating the over 200 passengers. Excellent pro-active customer service. The only part of this trip that was any type of letdown was the Club in ATL in Terminal E. The Club was packed, the seating awkward and uncomfortable, the food offerings pretty bad and the Wifi so slow it was unusable. The BOS Club was great however. All in all a very good experience yet again with DL.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Sauvageau Gilles    (Canada)

Flew Jan 22 from Burlington VT to Tampa FL. They changed planes, giving us a smaller one, so they ran out of seats, they offered compensation, took the flight up to Atlanta GA. No heating on plane, we were freezing, attendants kept there coats on for the trip. No hot drinks, peanuts, pretzels or soft drinks. Next flight to Tampa was ok, on way back the plane land in LaGuardia, NY, put us onboard, waited an 1 hour before leaving while the plane was being de-iced, they had only one truck there to de-ice 3 planes. They compensate us with peanuts and pretzels - very disappointed with Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by T Lammers    (USA)

Flew GSO to CZM through ATL. We received complimentary upgrades to business class. The meal was the best meal I have had on a plane and the sandwich and puree would have rivalled sandwich shops. Everything was excellent. The seats were comfortable and the flight attendants were helpful and courteous. Highly recommend.