Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by D Stewart    (Canada)

My husband and I have taken a few trips a year with our kids (now 4 and 3) since they were babies and never had such a terrible experience. Getting to our destination was alright - we booked an overnight flight so that the kids would sleep and ended up with 2 extra seats next to us. Staff were all very polite and helpful. However, before our return we were informed by e-mail that our 2 flights with a connection of just over an hour had been cancelled and we had been re-booked on 4 flights - yes, 3 layovers to get us from one major airport in the US to another in Canada. My husband spent over an hour on the phone getting this changed and it took a great deal of insisting that 4 flights would not work, especially with young kids. Our travel dates were flexible as was the departure airport from Florida, but this didn't make a difference. We were finally re-booked on 2 flights with an almost 6 hour layover. We were told that having a layover longer than 5 hours would result in additional fees, which we of course refused to pay and Delta reluctantly agreed. On the day of the flight we arrived at our gate to find out that our first flight had been delayed almost an hour and our second flight had been delayed 3 hours. (which now resulted in an 8 hour layover!). The airport staff was extremely accommodating and offered to re book us on a flight early the next morning with a 2 hour layover and cover our hotel expenses for the night. We appreciated the offer, but decided to decline because we were already at our departure gate and didn't want to repeat the check in and security process the following day. Sometime during our 8 hour layover we looked at our boarding passes and noticed that none of us were sitting together on our second flight. After putting up with an excessive amount of delays and attitude from Delta over the phone and by e-mail I would have gladly left my then 2 and 4 year olds alone for Delta staff to entertain during the flight, but after some insisting on my part we were all seated together.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by S Ahmed    (UK)

Munich - Atlanta - Kalamazoo and returning from Chicago - Atlanta - Munich. My flight to the US was nothing better than the usual - in fact simply average, no comment to make. However the adventure begins on my returning flight from Chicago on 30th December. Upon checking in my luggage in Chicago I find out that my flight to Atlanta had been cancelled - apparently for weather reasons. I quickly had customer service representatives put me on an alternative route: Chicago - New York - Prague - Munich. However, upon embarking the flight to New York, we had technical difficulties and could not take off on time. When we did, I had already missed my connection. Knowing about this situation, I asked the flight attendant to assist, just to be told "hold on, we'll look into it" or "you simply ask the ground staff in New York, they'll sort you out". Upon arriving in JFK, instead of making my way to the gate, I straight went to Delta Customer Services. Getting there, it was like being at a fish market - people arguing, kids crying and the Delta Customer Service staff simply could not be bothered. When it was my turn, I was not greeted, I was not asked how I was doing and nor was given the generic apology for delays experienced. After a long discussion, I was put on a flight from New York - Frankfurt - Munich. After a couple of hours of transit, with no amenities or vouchers provided, I got on the flight for Frankfurt - I was put right at the back, despite various empty seats. I reached Frankfurt to find out - my ticket was never issued for Munich! However, being German speaking and after being handed to competent Fraport staff and discussing the issue with them in detail - the situation was dealt with in an excellent manner and I was on my next flight to Munich. Once I touched down in Munich, you can now imagine what is going to come or in fact not going to come - my luggage! Will never travel with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by K Gundeep    (Canada)

Flew CDG-MSP-YYZ. First aircraft was an A330-200 which was somewhat spacious. IFE was excellent but the headphones were not that great. Seats were nice and the blanket and pillow were good. The meals were above averages and were filling. A lot of drink services too. Connection was a breeze as well. The flight after that was a CRJ-900 so it was more cramped and without IFE but the aircraft was new and spotless. Seats and service was OK for a regional flight. Wifi on board but you have to pay. All in all the two flights were pleasant and really surprised me.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Howell Eric    (UK)

MCO-LHR via Atlanta. The internal flight up to Atlanta was surprisingly spacious seating in economy for this short flight. The transatlantic flight from Atlanta to London was on a B767 with a decent seat with good leg room. The IFE offers a good choice to occupy the time and the meal was ok and standard for economy. Delta is a no nonsense airline that does the job you pay for.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Marla Kostis    (Canada)

Flew MEX-DTW recently on Delta on a nice and fairly clean A319. Economy class seats had decent legroom - inflight wifi was a huge plus but no other IFE was on offer, even in business class. Ham and cheese sandwich was served as a snack which surprised me as I expected no food in economy class. Flight arrived and departed on time. Staff were attentive and polite.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Barry Woolnough    (Australia)

Traveled from SYD-LAX return in Economy Comfort on Boeing 777-200. Service was ok but the seats are very hard and uncomfortable. Had a look at the Business class seats when disembarking and they felt just as hard. Really needs refurbishing.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by C Lyttle    (USA)

A few months ago I was flying home from Chicago via Minneapolis. I don't really care to connect, but Delta had the lowest fares, and I was okay with that. The flight to Minneapolis from Chicago was delayed due to a plane issue. The staff on the ground were excellent at handling the issue, and on the plane they were helpful as well. Unfortunately this was not the case with the rest of the staff. Upon arrival to Minneapolis I had to run to my gate to make my flight. As I got there, I had to argue with the gate attendant about getting my seat. Note, I'm a 17 year old who can't book a hotel, has nowhere to stay, and needs to be on that flight, the last one out that night. Thankfully the man gave me his seat, and I made it home. Staff on the MSP-MCO leg were very rude. I was very unimpressed. I love Delta but it put a sour taste in my mouth.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Peng    (USA)

We are a family of 6 going on vacation from San Jose, California to Las Vegas, with a connecting flight in Los Angeles. We missed our flight from San Jose to LA, and therefore missed our connecting flight from LA to Vegas, and therefore wasted a whole day (1/3 of our trip) in LAX. We missed our flight in San Jose because we did not arrive at the gate until the last 3 min of departing time. However, two of our family members arrived at the gate early because they used the handicapped express lane at security point. The family members that arrived early told the gate agent that there are more people coming please wait. The agent was rude, did not even page for our names, and refuse to wait. By the time the rest of the family got to the gate, the plane has already taken off 2min earlier, which is 5 min earlier than departing time! This kind of customer service is unacceptable!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Brian Smith    (Japan)

NRT-ATL in business elite. The aircraft is an old 747, but renovated a few years back with the lie flat seats, and if you're in the upper deck, very nice indeed. It's quiet, two toilets for less than 20 passengers, and two flight attendants. The entertainment selection is excellent. My vegetarian meal was OK, nothing special, but not bad. It was a smooth and comfortable flight. The only complaint I have is about the service. The FA's on US carriers are very familiar and have a jokey attitude that I think most Americans quite enjoy. I have lived overseas for over 20 years and do not like that. I prefer kind, polite service without the constant sarcasm and humor.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Yelmini Marcelo    (Argentina)

I was on Delta Flight DL101, from Atlanta to Buenos Aires. The flight took of with some delay, and after 2 hours in the air, we returned again to Atlanta due to a problem with the plane. The problem came afterwards. We arrived at 4 am, our new departure was delayed. Nobody from Delta provided a clear view of what the plan was. 12 hours after our original departure time we were still at the airport, and nobody from Delta would give an answer. Last time on a Delta Flight for me.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 August 2014 by M Brokaw    (USA)

Was scheduled afternoon of 8/11/14 to fly from Lansing, MI to Minneapolis, then on to DFW. About 2.5 hours before flight, received automated call that flight from Lansing had been cancelled and that they would call back with a rebooking (no explanation given as to why the flight was cancelled). Automated call back had put me on a flight out the next day at around 1.30 in the afternoon, getting me to Dallas about 5.30pm on 12th. I called back and managed to get rebooked on a flight on the 12th leaving Lansing to Detriot at 6am, then on to DFW getting in around 9.20am the next day (an effort to try to salvage most of the work day on the 12th). Arrived to Lansing airport about 4.30am on the 12th, only to be told that the 6am flight was also cancelled (again, gate agent had no explanation of why the flight was cancelled). Their only option was to put me on the same afternoon flight the automated service had booked me on the previous day. My 80-something year old parents ended up driving me to Detroit to make the 7.28am connection. Complained to Delta and was given a refund of about $29 (which I haven't seen yet). This didn't even cover the cost of the fuel my parents used to get from Lansing to Detroit and back).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Howell Eric    (UK)

Economy, LHR-MCO via BOS. First time in 4 years with Delta and I have to say I was impressed. The seat on the 767 out of LHR was fine (and I am a big chap) with good leg room. Flight attendants were professional if not a little unsmiling. Food service was good and drinks complimentary. The IFE was good with a good selection. The internal flight down to MCO was delayed an hour due to bad weather but we made up some time during the flight. For me Delta is a no nonsense service that ticks boxes without the wow factor.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by G Larkins    (USA)

Delta did not notify me of flight cancellation of a direct flight from PHX to JFK airport that was to leave at 8.30 which had been changed previously from 9.30, until we had arrived at the terminal. Put us on a flight to Atlanta Airport, transferred to another flight to JFK. After boarding, waited for about an hour to find out they could not take off due to weather. We were then put on standby at another Atlanta terminal. We had advised the counter person that we had a doctor's appointment in NY the next morning and needed to get there. In watching the monitor for open seats, I noticed they were asking for people that wanted to upgrade to 1st class. We had paid for 1st class round-trip tickets and were not called to fill in those seats. Because I complained about the service, we were able to take those seats. We arrived At JFK at about 1.30 am the next day. Because of Delta, we paid for a $200 hotel room that we did not use. When leaving JFK on our return trip on Delta, we sat on the plane for 1.5 hours for a cap from a baggage handler to be removed from engine that had been sucked into it, we finally took off. We should have been treated more courteously and not like a herd of cattle especially as a 1st class ticket holder. We paid for more!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by V Pardeshi    (India)

I flew from Mumbai to Detroit with a layover at Amsterdam with the total flight duration of 18.5 hours. The delta flight from Mumbai left about 1.5 hours late and the flight from Amsterdam to Detroit left 15 mins earlier leaving us stranded at Amsterdam. I was then rebooked to fly from Amsterdam to Chicago and Chicago to Detroit, all the direct Detroit flights being overbooked. I had no choice but to take the flight to Detroit, the flight from Chicago to Detroit was being taken care of by "United Airlines".

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by J Allen    (USA)

July 25 2014, Miami - Atlanta - Asheville, return August 3 2014. All flights leaving and returning on time. Clean aircraft. Pleasant flight attendants. Would fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by David Pumputis    (USA)

Took a flight from Phoenix, AZ to Rochester, NY with a plane change in Minneapolis, MN. I arrived at Minneapolis 40 minutes between flights so plenty of time, then we were told that there will be a delay because of mechanical issues and had to wait for a new plane. While we were waiting at the next gate we found out that plane was also delayed for mechanical issues. The replacement plane finally arrived 2 hours later, we boarded and were just about to back out of the gate when the captain announced that we will be delayed for mechanical issues. I arrived 2.5 hours later from my scheduled arrival time. The return trip wasn't any better, the plane arrived 2 hours late. I arrived in Atlanta as my connecting flight was taking off. That was the last flight out of Atlanta until the next morning. I got my ticket no problem, but when I asked about a hotel. They would only give me a coupon for a reduced rate. I felt I shouldn't have to pay for something g that wasn't my fault. So I got to spend 12+ hours in the terminal. Never flying Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by M Seymour    (USA)

Flew late July on Delta round trip from Minneapolis to Beijing and back with two layovers in Seattle (SEA to MSP was on Alaska Airlines code share, not included in ratings). Booked through travel agency. Overall an enjoyable and satisfactory trip. Only item of note is that a travel companion lost her passport on the MSP to SEA flight and couldn't board the plane to Beijing in Seattle, help staff at SEA were very helpful and accommodating, they got her passport back and put her on the next flight to Beijing.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by A Snow    (USA)

I was almost convinced to switch to Delta from US Airways and United where I have status. For 3 of 4 legs of travel, the flight attendants and gate agents were friendly and professional and the service was good. This was my second flight on Delta and I was unfamiliar with their seating protocol. On August 8, Flight 5151 from LGA to CLT, I asked a flight attendant if the flight was full and if I could move my seat. She did not refuse. Another flight attendant arrived and the two attendants had a less than professional conversation. She then walked up to me with a flight manage at and asked if I was passenger (name) and then said I could not sit in this seat because these seats were Premium. It was a false show. The first attendant could have asked if I'd like to upgrade to Premium or provided an honest response simply saying "Unfortunately, no." Honesty, integrity and professionalism is important.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 August 2014 by S Shah    (USA)

Last year I had a flight from Dubai to Atlanta. The flight was supposed to take off at 9.30pm from Dubai. We were told that the flight was delayed 3 hours. At 12.30am, they said it was still delayed by 4 more hours. At 4.30, they got everyone onboard and the flight didn't take of until 9am. Then they announced that due to some technical faults, the flight was cancelled. We were asked to sit in the Airport Lounge for whole day. After 15 hours the flight took off. Overall the flight was delayed by approx 27 hours. They did not want to provide hotel accommodation, the staff were very rude. No one was interested in responding to our questions.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 August 2014 by S Koenig    (Brazil)

GRU-ATL-MDW, and SEA-DTW-GRU, business class. Very comfortable, truly lie-flat seats in 767s for the international legs (maybe not quite as nice as the A330s of US Airways in biz class). My wife had asked for boarding assistance, due to an arm injury, and she said whenever she made any move on the GRU-ATL leg, an attendant was at her side almost immediately. No Delta club at GRU, so had to use the somewhat smaller and more basic Gol Airlines club. First class for the ATL-MDW and SEA-DTW legs was your basic domestic first class. Nothing spectacular, but fine. Decent selection of movies, at least in the 767s.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

Flew DEN-JFK then CDG-MSP-DEN in Business. Was pleasantly surprised as I had not travelled DL in about 10 years. Domestic segments decent with excellent service and meals. Crew chatty and actually acted like they wanted to there. CDG-MSP with flat seats on A330. Crew were okay but still miss the class of European carriers and kindness of EK/SQ. No smiles and rather perfunctory service. Food better than AF and seat much better; Entertainment was excellent with big screen and got about 3 hours of good sleep. Only negative was appalling ground staff at JFK- rude, surly and could care less. Will avoid JFK as best as I can.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by R Kelly    (Australia)

One thing I find really ironic with Delta Airlines is at the beginning of the safety video they state that "your comfort and needs are our first priority" when it's is absolutely not the case, it seems like it's the profit Delta can make. I'm not normally one to complain, however after flying with Delta 3 times, something needed to be said. From LA to NY return and from NY to Honolulu, my family were unable to have seating together due to not booking a 'particular way' despite the fact we booked months in advance! It seems this manner of booking was only available to people who booked in USA as no information on booking allocated seats was known to us (Australian origin). Moreover, we weren't the only people who encountered this issue. Another passenger was unable to be seated with their 4 and 8 year old children due to their ridiculous seating policy. Do it the right way Delta, first checked in, first choice. Service was bad. Rude at check in. Rude and unhelpful at the gate and even on flight they held their tradition by attendants having domestic quarrels on the plane around passengers. Food is terrible, all flights are over 5 hours and only offered 2 biscuits or a small bag of pretzels unless you pay. Some entertainment also unavailable; however what was available were decent movies. Surprisingly Delta can do something right. Save your time, money and hunger for an airline who cares about their passengers needs. This service isn't even worth the $10 you would pay to watch the entertainment available.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by I Hiberman    (USA)

ATL to UIO on DL 673. Flight was on an ageing 757. Paid extra for comfort class row 19. Narrow seat due to tray in arm rest. Try was broken and FA could care less. Offered no help. Food of poor quality/taste. Entertainment system from last century. Crew member makes PA announcement for anyone needing the lav to go before they pull the carts. 10 people queue up in front of my seat and wait. Crew fighting with each other over cabin responsibilities. Extended delay in FA picking up dirty trays which sat for almost one solid hour. Bad flight in every regard!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by C Henshaw    (UK)

JFK-YUL on Delta Connection, embraer regional jet. Terminal 2 at JFK must be the worst place in the world to change planes. After entering the path to the aircraft it became worse as the metal tunnel seemed to be falling to bits, loose floor and walls looked like they had been run over several times. Inflight service was dire and not at mainline airline standard - inflight entertainment consists of the safety briefing and looking out the window. Inflight snack service consists of biting your own fingernails. Although flight was early this level of service is what I expect from cheap airlines like Ryanair, not those charging a premium price. Look for alternatives.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by T Jenkins    (USA)

My latest flight on Delta was PHL-MSP-AMS-ARN-AMS-JFK-PHL. Why such a circuitous route to Stockholm? Delta's service: I seem to be the lucky person who gets a great flight crew (even when in Coach), good food, and on time departures. The upgrade of the business cabin to business elite with lie flat beds was a great way to fully relax and get quality sleep. Even though I am now based in USAIR/American country, I still fly Delta - and know a lot of great people in all of their hubs. Only drawback is their very restrictive FF program. But day to day, I would rather have a good flight experience over using my miles to upgrade.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by J Rasley    (USA)

Flight DL0056, Detroit to Heathrow: Passenger console did not work, neither reading light nor audio/visual entertainment. For almost 7 hours I had nothing to do, as I could not read or watch video. I asked for assistance, but received no help or offer to move me to another seat.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by K Kerr    (USA)

Flight 1545 on July 18 did not have the full snack loaded for the first class passengers. So they served a "fruit plate" complete with pickle to go with the absent sandwich. Beware of first-class seats. The front rows do not have any place to put your feet. You pay a lot for a seat with little leg room.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Daniel Rubiniak    (Israel)

Frankfurt - JFK on a B763. Very good experience: Nice seat pitch (for comparable ranks), cheerful and attentive service, tasty meal and punctual take off.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Claudio Conca    (Italy)

My experience with Delta was extremely frustrating. I bought 3 tickets from Milan to Denver with stop in Atlanta. One month before departure Delta changed the itinerary in Milan-JFK-Minneapolis-Denver, which was exactly what I was not looking for (2 stops rather than 1). Too late to change tickets because of high prices. From NY we took off more than 2 hours late, most time spent inside a super hot aircraft on a taxiway, and consequently we were not able to get the flight from Minneapolis to Denver. Rescheduled for the next day, we were forced to spend the night in the airport because the customer service, horrible, was not able to find a room in Minneapolis. Next day we took off late again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Macdonald Jon    (Switzerland)

Flew from Amsterdam to Boston, DL267 Economy Comfort, service was excellent, FA's chatted and were very kind. I have noted that past reviews of Delta are not very good, but that seems to be inter-American and not Delta's international flights. The Comfort seats have plenty of leg-room and are very good for a 7 hour flight, and as they are just behind Business Class you de-board very quickly ! Flight back DL266 was just as good, so I will be telling everyone to fly Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by W Milner    (USA)

Flew from Atlanta to Las Vegas return for business convention. Smooth on time flight both ways, excellent service and professional staff. On the flight back we sat on the tarmac for an extra 10 minutes or so. The pilot then proceeded to the runway. On the way he explained that he requested an alternate route out of Las Vegas since he wanted to avoid storm clouds and turbulent weather. I'm a nervous flyer and I was very impressed that Delta will actually do this. I'm sure it affected there on time statistics and probably cost Delta more in fuel expenses to take an alternate route. I will fly Delta from now on.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 July 2014 by John Wright    (USA)

Business Elite, MSP-SEA-PEK-SEA-MSP. All Sectors were excellent. International Service was fine. Food was good. All Flights were on time and had a chance to use the new immigration Kiosk's. It was a little faster. Not sure why, but got a hand written note from the purser thanking me for my business. I see a definite improvement with Delta. I hope it continues.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 July 2014 by R Moyer    (USA)

No more pre-boarding for passengers with children, really? On a recent flight, my family was instructed that Delta no longer allows passengers with small children to pre-board because there is now a pre-board fee that passengers are paying and 'got upset' that others were allowed to do so for free. This is yet another example of how Delta airlines are cutting service and delaying the overall boarding process. As a business owner and traveler, I understand the desire to make money but this is going too far! Going forward I will research flights and airlines that are willing to accommodate my traveling family. My extra dollars will be well spent on an airline that values service first and foremost.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by E Weingrad    (USA)

I've flown Delta about 15-20 times. 90% of those trips have been work trips where I've not been given the option of flight provider. My current trip to Alaska from PHL leaves me without either of my bags because the Delta connecting flight out of MSP was 45 minutes delayed. Why was it delayed? Because they needed to kick 8 people off due to weight. This makes me wonder if they knew where they were flying before we got on. How can this oversight occur? Either way, when I arrived in Anchorage to catch the connecting flight, I had to run across the airport to make my flight with no time to spare. My bags didn't make it. Well, now it's the next day and they can't confirm when my bags will arrive.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Kashy Daniel    (USA)

My flight was delayed not for any weather or mechanical issue but because the captain of our plane decide not to show up to fly us. It has been almost double the flight time itself waiting in the terminal. This is completely unacceptable and I am disappointed with Delta who have always been a dependable airline. The remainder of staff handled it very well but I lost a lot of faith in Delta Airlines today.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by D Sun    (USA)

Flew DL #231 from Amsterdam to Boston on July 6, and I have to say that it was a great flight. On time departure, early arrival. Very tasty meal (Thai chicken), perfectly adequate amount of food. Nice snacks, first an ice cream, then a sandwich. I really appreciate the large bottle of water everyone gets after the meal service. Inflight service was very efficient, though I think the flight attendants could have smiled a bit more. Seat size and pitch were comfortable, and I'm not a small person. Inflight entertainment was outstanding - a huge choice of movies, both new releases and older classics - that I really didn't want the flight to end. Perhaps I'm just easily pleased, but I found this Economy Class experience to be very good.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by George Thomas    (USA)

SFO-ATL on June 27 apparently an equipment change where I went from exit row aisle to row 45 next to the toilet. Not bad for a platinum 2 million miler! Finally found a gate manager who helped fix the problem, but none of the front line employees can make a decision.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by P Miller    (USA)

Flight 718. This flight was booked almost one year ago. All 15 family members had seats together. Now we are leaving in a few days and guess what? Three members of our family have had their seats changed. When asked to give us back our original seats, the representative supervisor stated they could not accommodate our request. They stated they have the right to change any seat. Well, why can't they do the right thing and accommodate their customer and give us back our original seats and move the passengers to our new unwanted seats.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by N Ocampo    (Colombia)

Flew BOG-JFK-BOG. Check in at both ends flawless, both flights left on time and arrived before schedule, which I think is a great achievement. Service was good, breakfast on the BOG-JFK very poor, meal on the JFK-BOG was much better. Seats were uncomfortable, but we had a great price for our tickets.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Marquis    (USA)

Daughter took a flight from RDU-LAX. Flight attendant asked her to move her seat to accommodate a family who wanted to sit together, then gave her a seat that didn't recline. It was unfortunate because a) by the time she realized she'd been duped, the flight was taking off - and b) she just started flying and didn't know her rights as a passenger. My daughter did the airline a huge favor and got duped. It's a shame since my husband is an elite member who has been raving about Delta's supposed great service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Linda Boumarafi    (USA)

My experience started in Chicago, on a flight bound for Phoenix via Minneapolis and a weather delay in Minneapolis. The experience quickly went from bad to abysmal after being delayed in Chicago. The flight crew could not help anyone with connections in Minneapolis. Although it was still afternoon, the 800 number people were unable to come up with any alternate route. After nearly 4 hours of delay, which included all the passengers deplaning, we were loaded onto the plane after the gate next to us with a later flight going Minneapolis loaded. My flight to Phoenix, which had also been delayed due to weather left 30 minutes before I got there and had our flight gone first as it should have, I probably would have made my connection. But the Delta personal were unable or unwilling to deal with passenger issues like this. Instead, I bunked down in the Minneapolis airport overnight. Meals were not provided even though all the restaurants in the airport were closed or closing when we arrived. The next day, after 27.5 hours of travel, I arrived in Phoenix but one of my bags did not. So while I understand that weather happens, this airline has an appalling lack of kindness, consideration or concern about getting people and their luggage to their destination.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by P McSherry    (USA)

I bought a First Class ticket on Delta from Detroit to Newark. I'm on my third day of attempting to get there. There were endless delays and finally cancellation of the flights the first two days. I was on standby for two morning flights which took off. Delta was upgrading passengers on both flights and left me in the lurch. Passengers were getting information about further delays before the Delta agents were. Delta wasn't responsible for the cancellation of the flights, but they didn't do anything to get me to my destination in a timely fashion. The ticket I got for today's flight is in coach, which is OK with me as long as I get to my destination. Later I got what Delta called a "complementary upgrade" - and I'm thinking complementary nothing, I paid for a first class ticket. The only thing Delta is excellent at is the phrase everyone at Delta seems to have been trained to use (hence, insincere): We apologize for the inconvenience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by M Lusica    (USA)

Traveled many times with Delta and so far one airport layover stay due to delays, which was fine at first until this time around. Had to stay overnight in Atlanta. Customer service is horrible. Flight times change a lot. One time, I had to change an existing flight, but the flight that I changed to got canceled. I do not understand why I couldn't get a reimbursement for the change fee when the flight that I wanted doesn't even exist anymore. Now that I know better, I'd rather pay for a more reliable airline than stick with cheaper fares for essentially a game of chance. Will avoid this airline in the future.