C

Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Monkhouse Paul    (UK)

Superb flight, very helpful cabin crew who couldn't do enough for the passengers and were very friendly. Food good and plentiful, as were the drinks. My first time flying with Delta and a very positive experience. Will be booking with them again, rather than their partners Virgin who I found (unusually) a little disappointing on the flight home.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by G Lonergan    (Ireland)

I managed to get back home 43 hours after I left my hotel to get my flight from NY JFK to Dublin. Given no explanation, left standing in several queues for hours with refreshments only given hours later. When people in the queue started giving out as nobody had given any information or updates, a Delta employee got the police. I'll go via Aer Lingus in future as I know they would not treat people like that. The flight return was maybe 15 euros cheaper but what a mistake it was.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Calvin Watkins    (USA)

I will never fly Delta again. My wife and I were scheduled to fly out of Atlanta to Wilmington and were made to check our carry on bags at the ramp, 15 minutes later we were deplaned. We had just waited 45 minutes in the terminal for a flight crew. They board us and tell us weather stopped the flight. Don't insult our intelligence. That plane sat in my view for 4 hours and we were refused our luggage. 24 hours later no one at Delta knows where our bags are. We re-routed to OAJ, customer service in Atlanta assured us they where re-routed. This was totally avoidable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by M D Sperry    (USA)

In early August, 2014, I booked a Business Elite ticket from STT to ATL for February 22, 2015. My confirmation indicated my seat number and that a meal was included in my ticket. At check-in, however, I found that Delta had changed my status to Economy with a seat far back in the aircraft. When I called Delta to rectify the situation I and my Son-in-law were both treated rudely. We spent 2 hours on the phone with the result being that I should “ request to be upgraded at the airport. At the airport there was another 30 minute wait before I could talk to a Delta representative only to learn that I'd have to appeal at the boarding desk. A one hour wait ensued at the head of the line at the departure desk while the Delta representative ignored me, waited on other people, and fiddled with a computer terminal that wasn't working. The end result was the same rudeness and no help at all. I got neither the meal nor the priority baggage check-in that I had paid for. The flight was late arriving in ATL and I had to run to make my connecting flight to BOS. Delta had changed my seat assignment on this flight, also. When I called to file a complaint, the Delta Supervisor informed me that Delta changes aircraft, seat assignments, and passenger status without notifying passengers and confirmed that they had sold my assigned seats to more than one person and that these were normal”practices for Delta. I can't imagine why anyone would want to fly with Delta Airlines. Once they have your money they treat you like dirt, or worse. There are plenty of other carriers out there. Based on this experience I can't see myself ever flying Delta again. I know I am not alone, as there were at least 20 people in line behind me with similar complaints.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by A Garry    (USA)

Left at the airport in Jamaica for 7.5 hours only to be told the flight was cancelled. Now at 11pm we needed to find our luggage, go through the process of finding hotel reservations along with 100 other passengers. The next direct flight home to NYC was in two days. The following morning Delta tells us that our flight leaves in 40 minutes. Now we need to pack and get to the airport fast. We flew business elite and it was so disturbing to find that the armrest was broken and that no wifi or TV. Our choice of meal was eggs or cereal? Should have gone coach. The flight was not cheap and expected more. Realizing now why Delta is not our normal choice of airlines.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by John Smith    (USA)

We were traveling with a 10 month old infant. We were connecting flights at St Paul Airport to Kansas City. Our flight was supposed to depart at 7.35 pm. When we got to the gate, we were told the flight was delayed for 2 hours. What amazed me was that the plane was at gate. When we asked then why the delay, we were told that because there was no pilot available. Now we are getting stuck with our baby girl in the airport for 2 hours when we had no baby food left. No more Delta for me!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by M Woods    (USA)

SJU-JFK in Economy Comfort seats. Late night flight out of SJU. Crew were fine. Economy Comfort seats had adequate legroom - glad we paid for the extra room because regular coach seats looked like torture for tall people. In flight entertainment, though, was terrible. Tiny overhead movie screens. I thought Delta had all seat back video screens. I would have been really annoyed had I spent the money to sit in First - those seats were not so much better than Econ, Comfort and the same tiny overhead movie screens every few rows. We were handed a tiny roll with some cheese and turkey and a Milky Way with the beverage service. It was not a memorable flight and on this route, JetBlue still wins every time.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Campbell    (UK)

MAN-AMS-EWR, EWR-ATL-MAN. Flights all left on time. Nice FA's. Regular drink/bar service. Nice that you get a bottle of water each. Main issue was that seats were uncomfortable on the flights to NY and back from Atlanta. Flights on these were on old 25 year planes and you felt it.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Chad LaCour    (USA)

Flew from baton Rouge to Orlando, Florida via Atlanta. What a mistake! Delayed on our outbound flight to Orlando by more than 5 hours. Delayed on our I bound flight by more than 3 hours. I will never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by S Sulkes    (USA)

12 hour flight TLV-JFK was excellent because of the crew. Upbeat, polite, couldn't do enough. Economy seating was fine and 3-3-3 configuration on 777 aircraft is very liveable for that duration. Dinner, followed by as many sandwiches, peanuts and pretzels as you can eat and as much as many beverages as you like all served with a smile both on request and on cabin pass throughs. Crew on this trip had seniority (I asked) and these were folks who understood the profession of customer service. Video on demand is top in class. A grade. Minus 1 point for lavatories that could have been kept a bit tidier for this long of a flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by S Letellier    (France)

Flew NYC-CDG via DTW on Delta. The positive point is I was upgraded to First Class on the US journey, but this isn't worth it, you only can drink whatever alcohol you like. Seats were uncomfortable on the over-atlantic flight, staff rather impolite and not caring at all. Arrived on time. Food was not satisfying, not tasty. Entertainment is, to my eyes, the only interesting point on Delta. Too expensive for so low standards.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Brian Smith    (Japan)

NRT-PDX-NRT in Premium Economy. I'm a frequent flyer with Delta, but usually fly in business class. Going to Portland the food was far superior to the food on the return, I'm certain it is because of the high level of catering here at NRT. On the return, the amount of food was not good either, and there was no food available in the galley. I had to beg to get peanuts and it seemed like I was getting a big favor from the FA (hello, 10-hour flight no snack besides ice cream). The seat has enough legroom, has a recline that doesn't interfere with the person behind you too much, except for making the AV angle uncomfortable to watch for the one behind. Great AVOD, which is Delta's selling point in economy. FAs pleasant, but not overly so-just doing their job. The toilets were not cleaned throughout the flight. They were stocked with paper products, but never once cleaned and trash was overflowing. It was bearable, but not enjoyable overall. Hard to come down from business class with a lie-flat seat and good food.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by E Schuchardt    (USA)

I flew Delta from St. Louis to Las Vegas via Minneapolis. All four legs left and arrived about on time. The planes, MD-90 and 757, we're clean and comfortable. All four of my flights had wifi. The flight attendants were friendly and offered a small snack on the longer legs. The pilots made announcements as appropriate. I will fly Delta again if given the choice.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by M Chowdhury    (Cyprus)

LCA-AMS-EWR and EWR-CDG-LCA. Flights on time, overall good service. Food, drinks and entertainment was good. On return, flight was bit delayed because of snow and baggage arrived day after because of handling issues at the transit on French airport (CDG).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Eduardo Pinzon    (USA)

Flew from BOS to DFW via CVG January 23rd. Very good experience, small aircraft both legs but clean, I was in Economy Comfort. Flight attendants very good with excellent customer service. From CVG to DFW the flight was delayed due maintenance but it was repaired and the flight went without any issues. Arriving in Dallas just some minutes late but the baggage service was very good and the bags were out quickly. My return flight was DFW to BOS via ATL January 29th also very good, planes were full both legs. I didn't get economy comfort on DFW-ATL but paid $19 for a preferred seat, I think it was not a good idea since got group 2 and almost didn't get space for my carry-on because group 1 passengers almost got it all. I think if you are paying something extra for a seat you should go on group 1 despite that the flight was very good and the flight attendants were ok. The leg from ATL- BOS was very nice I got Economy Comfort, flight attendants very professional and cool, both flights departed and arrived on time.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Gerasenkov Andrey    (USA)

LGA-BNA operated by Endeavour Air on Jan 30th. Aircraft - 2 week old CRJ900. Departed 2 hours late due to the plane arriving late, and the crew attempting (unsuccessfully) to fix a broken overhead bin lock. Eventually they gave up and scotch-taped the bin cover, so it wouldn't open during the flight. Otherwise the flight was uneventful and fairly comfortable. Snacks and soft drinks were distributed, and the FA's were attentive. My return flight from BNA got cancelled due to LGA completely shutting down due to the winter storm on Feb 2nd, so I got rerouted to JFK via ATL. The 40-minute flight from BNA to ATL was uneventful and was on a completely full 23.5 y.o. A320. No food or drink service on this short flight. The ATL-JFK eventually departed 3 hours late despite most other JFK-bound domestic flight cancelled. The MD88 was completely full which was understandable given that the three previous flights to JFK were cancelled that day. Despite its age the aircraft was comfortable and the flight smooth. Upon landing in JFK we had to wait another 1.5 hours on the taxiway for a gate to become available. Bottom line: Delta got me back home albeit 8 hours late, but I think that's pretty good given the circumstances.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by P Kiss    (Canada)

Flew LAX-YVR with Delta. My first time with Delta, and I was impressed. Took a 6am flight so I was at the airport at around 4am, but the staff was present and was able to lift my mood, even without my morning coffee. Barely a wait for security or bag check. When I got to my gate, the flight crew was already there and chatting with travellers. Boarding was quick. Unfortunately there was a slight delay due to 'mechanical failure' but I still arrived on time. FA were excellent with 3 drink services (I think) and offering coffee and water in-between. I slept about 1.5 hrs out of the three hour flight comfortably due to the lovely headrests that adjust in multiple ways. Didn't try to recline my chair however.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Conyers Russell    (Bermuda)

Suffering from a sinus/head cold I was not anticipating my return from LAX-JFK-BDA on a red eye. My flight was scheduled to depart LAX at 9.40pm and I checked in at Delta's Priority counter around 8:00pm and proceeded quite quickly thru security and found my way to a very crowded SkyClub. When we boarded the aircraft I was pleased to discover that this plane was a newly converted B-767 with the new Business Elite product-proceeding to my seat my coat was stowed and I was served champagne in a champagne glass (so unlike American who still give you those tacky plastic cups) for a pre-flight drink. The seat was 4A and quite comfortable and reclined to a full lie flat bed, a nice pillow and quilted blanket as well as an amenity kit. As soon as we were air borne I changed into pajamas and slept most of the way to JFK. The crew were quite keen to help as were the nice ladies in JFK SkyClub during my transit time for BDA. The JFK-BDA flight was also very pleasant, although I slept on that one also. All in all a very nice experience with Delta on this route especially with the new Biz Elite product between LAX and JFK-will look forward to doing it again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 February 2015 by K Clark    (USA)

LAX-JFK-Zurich, 24th Dec 2014. Return Jan 7th 2015. First leg of the flight came in late, so we missed our connecting flight. They scheduled everyone who missed the connection on the same flight a few hours later, ensuring it was busting to capacity. No seats unused. Even though I get airsick and need to be next to the window, they refused to accommodate-even though I'd paid more for a window seat on the flight their delay made me miss. Then later, delayed on the runway 4 hours-apparently because they were waiting for a manifest. The seats were just atrocious. I've flown economy all my life and never felt so uncomfortable. I will do anything to never have to fly this airline again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Elsmore    (UK)

Traveled home from New York to Heathrow on 18/1/15 on Delta Airlines at 7pm flight DL401 with my Husband and three friends and our complaint is that the Stewards and the Stewardesses were totally ignorant and only spoke when asking us what we wanted (food and drink). They did not interact with the passengers at all and the food was almost thrown at us, this was our first flight with Delta and it will be our last.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Ashley Gerig    (USA)

My daughter just flew in from Miami, they cancelled hundreds of flights because of the incoming storm however they chose not to cancel hers, took off 1 hour 15 minutes late. Landed 2 hours 15 minutes late diverted from LaGuardia to JFK, shuttle service to LaGuardia was cancelled due to weather and they literally left their customers stranded with no way to retrieve their vehicles to get home. My daughter is currently stranded. This flight should have been cancelled as were all other flights.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by R Maccuswell    (USA)

Philly Atlanta Sarasota and back. Out was an MD88 and MD90. Had a bad ankle. Gate agents allowed early boarding on both flights. FAs all friendly. Basic service no complaints. All flights all on time aircraft clean and plenty of room at 5' 10". Return was MD90 and a 757. Again friendly gate agents and FAs flights all on time and overall good service. As an AE platinum card holder got free checked bag each way.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by M Attayee    (Australia)

Flew SYD-DCA via JFK and return from DCA-SYD via LAX. Both flights were really good. Very friendly cabin crew and individual greetings by the captain. Food was average, plane food with 3 meal services from the SYD to LAX and LAX to SYD. I would definitely fly Delta again, great service, good clean aircraft and also a wide range of inflight entertainment.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by N Stepp    (USA)

Columbus (CMH) to Managua, Nicaragua, and back. Personally, I felt that Delta delivered an enjoyable experience, and I would gladly travel with them again. 1) My initial flight from CMH to Atlanta went well. We left and arrived on time. The plane itself was clean and neat, and seats were surprisingly comfortable, although my shoulders could have used a little more room. Flight staff were courteous and even though we were on a booked flight, I felt comfortable. 2) We experienced over a one hour delay from Atlanta to Managua, and had to wait in the plane for about 45 minutes because of traffic over Florida (not Delta's fault). This plane was not nearly as nice as the first (no seat dividers), but the staff were friendly and the flight was still enjoyable. I flied in the Economy class upon my arriving flight. On the way from Managua to Columbus: 1) I flew in the business class cabin and was immediately greeted by friendly staff who were eager to give me whatever drink I desired. The seats were very comfortable, and a delicious meal was served. The flight both left and arrived on time. 2) After arriving back in Atlanta, we were greeted by an insanely long line to pass through customs. I don't know how much influence Delta had, but I had a two hour lay over and just barely made it to my next flight. For the flight from Atlanta to Columbus, I flew in the first class cabin, which was surprisingly less comfortable than the business class one that I had been in previously. I slept for the majority of the time, but was still given good customer service, and the flight both left and arrived on time. After this experience, I would recommend Delta, but would suggest that you have at least a two hour layover to prevent any problems with connecting to another flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Stephanie Stewart    (USA)

I booked two round trip flights from Houston to Lagos, Nigeria. The first leg of the first flight was in October, 2014. On this leg I flew business class and the flight was comfortable and very pleasant. The return trips to Houston 2014 in December and to Lagos in January 2015 were a totally different story. I flew economy on these flights. The seats were terribly uncomfortable (even though I was in economy comfort) and the conditions were deplorable. By the end of the flight, bathrooms were indescribable! There was all sorts of trash and food in the aisles were the passengers had apparently not taken the time to throw their refuse away. I have never had such a miserable experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by N Hartmann    (USA)

We flew TUS-ATL-EVV on the way, EVV-DTW-ATL-TUS on the way back. We have two kids, and traveling is not always easy. But Delta did a fine job of making things smoother for us, by letting us board early and treating our kids very well. (They seem to be the only airline that still gives kids their wings). We were delayed getting out of DTW, and the pilots openly made an effort to get us to ATL on time, recognizing that people had connections to make. They were true to their word, taking a shortcut and flying at a higher speed, and we arrived in ATL 10 minutes later, rather than the 30-40 we expected. The MD-90 we flew between TUS and ATL was brand-new inside, and we were impressed by the service we received from the crew. The fact that you get a drink and a snack is nice, I know people that fly Delta just for the Biscoff cookies. The planes are, for the most, in great condition, though the Airbus 320 we flew had a few loose tray tables and could stand to be updated. I've been pretty dissatisfied with American airlines, except for Southwest, but Delta trumps all of them in terms of flight quality, service, and passenger dedication. One small irritation: some of the in-flight entertainment is pay-per-view.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Ronald VanDriesen    (USA)

Travelled from Detroit to Paris in Business Elite on Delta's Airbus, returning from Rome to Atlanta on a B767. To say the least I was extremely pleased on both flights though the 767 was a little tighter in comparison to the B777 and Airbus. Service, food were excellent. Delta continues to be my favorite airline.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Browning    (USA)

Connecting flight was boarding when my first flight was landing. Agent at the desk said she would call through but I had to get from one end of the airport to the other. I am an older person and went as fast as I could. My mouth went sandpaper dry and I felt quite faint, only to arrive at the next flight to find the gate closed! It was Deltas fault I was late, there should have been plenty of time between flights if they hadn't delayed so long leaving a small airport initially that didn't have a line up of flights going out. They spent too much time deciding whether or not to de-ice the plane! I'm glad they were careful and did it, but could have got the job done a lot faster and got the flight in on time. As the plane for my next flight was still there I begged the agent at the adjacent gate to allow me to board as I couldn't spend the night and next morning in Minneapolis waiting for a flight to Newark. Fortunately she co-operated, called through and they opened the door to let me on. I felt the stewardess was unfriendly as I boarded the plane, probably thinking I should have been there on time. I think in situations like this there should be some pick up at the gate to get you to the next flight without having to nearly make yourself sick to get there and following flights should wait for all booked passengers making connections when Delta has caused the delay. This might have been a one off situation. I usually have found Delta friendly and helpful, as the agent was who helped me to get on my flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Soleiman    (USA)

Took the trouble to order kosher and vegetarian meals for my party of 4 only to find that the kosher meal comprised an apple and 2 bananas, and the vegetarian meal was some cut melon - Delta seem to have lost all creativity when it comes to meals? To make matters worse, since half the flight must have ordered the same special meal, none of which was opened or eaten by any passenger, the flight crew then proceeded to open each sealed package and throw out the fruit so that they could retrieve their special cheap Delta plates for later use. I personally witnessed at least 20 such meals being discarded. I regret having had to use Delta on this trip after having managed to avoid it for so many years.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Leong    (USA)

JFK-NRT-SIN. Lounge at JFK was nice, the flight was long and seats were narrow. The food could be improved but then again the catering was from JFK so my expectations weren't high. Crew were fine and overall the flight was good. Wish I used the showers in the NRT lounge as I was in for a longer wait than expected. Departure was pushed back an hour and we waited another hour and a half on the ground due to traffic. The staff handled the delay well and the wait was more comfortable than expected. Landed in SIN at 3am as a result. Still good experience overall.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by J Barach    (USA)

Horrible experience all around. The priority level ticket agent was not able to find the ticket for our lap child, wasting 45 minutes of our time at check-in. When it was finally found on their system they were not able to print it for us. Just very frustrating and stressful. The business class on Delta is laughable. Lets see, drop down screens from the ceiling no different than they had in the 1980s. The movie didn't even work on the return flight. Food quality I wouldn't even feed to my dogs. Its pretty bad when you buy a business class ticket and you don't even get a movie on a 5.5 hour flight or a decent meal.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Bachalo    (Canada)

My daughter and I traveled from Winnipeg to Basel recently. Our return flight from Paris to Minneapolis was delayed and therefore we had to rush to our connecting flight. Little did we know how far apart the terminals were. Delta staff should have informed us of the distance and offered a passenger trolley. It turned out that as we arrived at our departure gate the information board said "Boarding", however the Delta staff person would not let us board. While we waited at least 10 minutes for a supervisor we watched the information change from "Boarding" to "Closed" and we watched our plane depart without us (along with another passenger in our circumstances). We were booked on another flight seven hours later, meal vouchers were denied, as we waited the seven hours we saw instances (more than one) where other passengers were allowed to board after the "Closed" sign was on. Delta staff were not prepared to assist us in any way, nor did they appear to be trained in customer service. This is just one issue, albeit the biggest one, that we had with Delta personnel giving incorrect information, being rude (not the FA - this was all with the staff at the various airports we dealt with). The FA's were wonderful on all flights - perhaps Delta would best be served if they did the training to the airport staff.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Kyle Slick    (USA)

As a frequent traveler, I feel I've coped pretty well with the US Airline "nickel and dime" mentality that's resulted in baggage fees, exorbitant ticket change fees and the dwindling supply base fare economy class seats (not to mention the dwindling leg room in those seats). Now, Delta does not allow seat selection with economy class fares. My company do not allow class upgrades, which means I'll forever be the really tall guy stuck in a middle bulkhead seat if I fly Delta. Old planes with no power, no in-flight entertainment (it never fails to amaze me how many ancient CRT televisions are still mounted to the roof of Delta cabins). On longer flights, Delta refuses to stock enough food to meet the demand of passengers towards the back of the plane. Sure, I can survive a 6 hour flight with nothing but peanuts and pretzels but why? The only positive thing I can say about Delta is to give a kudos to the majority of attendants that are willing to put up with grouchy passengers and restrictive rules. The ones that maintain a positive attitude deserve an award.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by N McFadden    (Canada)

Flew Comfort Economy, YYC-HKG return. Booked flight 6 months in advance (and got a great deal), but over the next four months our flight itinerary was changed six times. Since some of the changes impacted our flight by over an hour, I called to change to other flights - agents were happy to help out and they answer their phones promptly - a pleasant change compared to the waits we usually experience with our regular airline Air Canada. Alerted by email of all but one of the changes, which I noticed by accident. We had paid extra for Comfort Economy, and one of the changes meant that the fee for Comfort Economy was higher - instead of notifying us that we needed to pay an extra $20 to keep our Comfort Economy seats, they just put us in a regular Economy seat and kept the $130 we'd paid to begin with! Thank goodness I noticed. Flights themselves were good. The extra leg room on the long haul flight was wonderful. Wide selection of entertainment. Plenty of food/drink offered and quality not bad (daytime hot meals ok, mid flight snack fine, breakfast awful). Service attentive. Very cheerful on the way there and pleasant on the return flight. Connecting flights from Calgary-Seattle were on old planes but fine for a one hour flight - staff were great. I would fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Alex Coias    (USA)

LHR-JFK return. I tend to pick Delta due to the affordability and nice service. Again, I was not disappointed. Flight going out of London on time and plane not full. Got plenty of space and the food was good. Coming back to London the flight was packed and the plane was slight older, however, the food and service was good. I asked for a special meal that was accommodated on both flights! Happy to fly Delta again for sure!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by G Dedomingo    (USA)

PDX-AMS-PDX. I was seated in economy plus for the both legs and this is definitely more pleasurable than the basic economy. However, the seat cushion still remain hard and quite uncomfortable for a 10 hours flight. Food was okay and very good entertainment system. The crew was professional and attentive on the PDX-AMS. Unfortunately, the cabin crew on the return flight was borderline lazy, doing the minimum and spending more time socializing on the back of the aircraft than paying attention to the passenger and especially the cleanliness of the bathrooms.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by J John    (USA)

ATL-JNB-ATL Business Class. Atlanta flight was on time and the flight crew was very "seasoned". Service was good. Food was ok. Nothing special. Seats are great - I'm tall and they do the trick. VOD system is outdated and flight tracker rarely works. The return flight was about an hour late and the crew was much better. Food from JNB was much better than first flight. I would rate the second crew as outstanding. It's all about the seat and the business elite seat is among the best for such a long flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Smith    (USA)

I flew SFO-LAX on a Delta Shuttle emb-175 in first class seat 4A. The seat cushion was pretty hard but fortunately it was only a 50 minute flight. Honestly the first class seats on the emb-175 aren't great and I would never pay for them, just upgrade using miles or medallion upgrade.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by S Baker    (USA)

We flew Delta Airlines 777 business class from LAX to Bangkok (via Narita) in October 2014. The seating configuration is one of the best we have seen internationally. The lie flat seats were enhanced with two pillows and a comforter. The second/smaller pillow worked very well for your legs/knees over the long flight. The comforter was the most enjoyable blanket we have ever experienced on an international trip. It's amazing that such a small difference in quality can make such a large difference in the sleeping comfort and environment. The only complaint about the seat configuration is that it is difficult to communicate with a traveling partner.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Bastien    (USA)

OKC to ATL, then ATL to TPA, MD 80 from OKC to ATL then twin engined wide body Boeing from ATL to TPA. Seats on both flights were uncomfortable, with minimal recline. The headrest pushes my head forward making it difficult for me to nap. On both flights I forgot to bring my seat to the upright position for landing. The FAs didn't notice, or might have figured it didn't make any difference. I would not pay to fly Delta in economy or EC on account of the uncomfortable seats. I traveled on a free ticket, purchased by my spouse with FF miles, so I gave Delta three stars for Value for Money. Food for purchase, but items that appealed to me weren't available. The FAs were courteous, the flight uneventful. However, Delta is my least-favorite airline.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by H Christmas    (Australia)

My flight with Delta was a short 1 hour trip from LAX to SFO. It was unfortunately delayed due to bad weather, but the service on the flight definitely made up for this. Drinks, peanuts and pretzels were offered soon after departing LAX and a healthy snack box filled with trail mix, wholegrain crackers, guacamole, tomatoes, celery and carrots was also provided. I did not expect this to be included in the price at all on such a short flight! After flying with another airline on a domestic US trip, the service on Delta definitely stood out and I would definitely fly with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Jim Hickman    (USA)

Flew Atlanta-Dubai Economy. FA were very good but the economy seats are very poor. Packed flight so no elbow or leg room. Left on time. Food and service decent.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by G de Domingo    (USA)

PDX-AMS-PDX: Flew on economy comfort for both legs. The PDX-AMS was good with the typical Delta service which has improved over the years. Aircraft was clean and a very good IFE. For the return flight, it was quite different starting with a very disorganized Delta security at the gate. The contracted agent were borderline rude and did not have a clue what they were doing. During the flight, the cabin crew appeared to do a minimal job and could care less about the service and especially the state of sanitary conditions of the restrooms. Delta management should work on improving the consistency of their crew.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Bastien    (USA)

TPA to LAX on 12-10-14, B737, Economy Comfort, another routine Delta Flight. Uncomfortable seats with slightly more legroom than economy, but with minimum recline. I give Delta low ratings on account of the uncomfortable seats. Otherwise it's pretty much like other U.S. carriers. Food for purchase. I didn't buy any, so rated it at one star. Charge for entertainment headphones, didn't buy a set, so I also rated entertainment at one star. I fly Delta only because my spouse has Platinum FF status, and buys my tickets with her FF miles. Otherwise, I'd like to try other airlines.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by L Narvaez    (Spain)

We bought a round trip ticket trough Air France but the operating airline was Delta. On our outbound flight from ATL-MAD the plane was very small for a Transatlantic flight, uncomfortable seats, entertainment screens didn't work and the crew were not helpful with the needs of the 1 year old traveling with us, well strangely enough this was our "good flight." On the way back we flew from Amsterdam to Atlanta the flight got delayed due to bad weather conditions, because of that we lost our connecting flight, that we can understand, what was appalling to us was the rudeness, unwillingness to help, and basically bad attitude of the flight attendants who are supposedly there to assist you. We certainly will do our best to not purchase a Delta ticket again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 December 2014 by V Krishna    (UK)

Took flight DL403 from JFK to LHR. Bag drop and check in was friendly and fast as was boarding. Seats were leather/plastic and not fabric and felt comfier than many others. Entertainment system was buggy and rebooted once as well as skipping/pausing throughout films. Food was bland but passable: chicken and rice meal with brownie, bread and salad for dinner and a croissant with jam for breakfast (with orange juice). Service wasn't that friendly, but also the announcements were amateurish with long pauses, repeated interruptions and announcing the wrong arrival terminal before later correcting herself! I didn't know until this flight that seat changes within economy class can cost $40 each, even if passengers on the same booking were placed in seats far away from each other on different rows (and the seat change was to bring them together).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by A Skidmore    (UK)

GIG-ATL on refurbed 67-300ER (economy) and can honestly say it was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever taken. I am 6'2 and whilst normally I can find airline seats restricting, this was the worst I have experienced. I can never before remember having to sit open legged as my knees do not fit in the seat when my legs are side by side, including when using budget carriers. What's more, the head restraint didn't stay in position making it doubly uncomfortable for a man of my height, and despite the seat being in the middle of the plane, there was no recline (not that there was any room to recline into). Food was ok, drinks only served once despite it being almost a 10 hour flight, and the entertainment system had only old movies and the TV box sets were missing random episodes meaning it was difficult to watch anything sequentially. Not a good advert for a Delta and will certainly bare this in mind when it comes to booking again in future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by C Adams    (USA)

DSM/MSP/LHR 30th November, LHR/MSP/DSM 6th December, 2014. On all of the flights taken I was treated well by all staff, check-in and in-flight. The airplanes were clean, even the two short haul flights when the turnaround was very tight. Delta cabin staff are certainly the best by a long mile as compared with the other legacy airline staff in the USA. My flights were a combination of First (internally) and Business (Trans Atlantic). The food on the Trans Atlantic flight was pretty good. My only comment regarding the whole food and beverage service was that the red wine on the LHR/MSP leg was chilled. The equipment used for my Trans Atlantic flight was a 767-400ER which was comfortable (I prefer the Business seating in the 767 as opposed to the A330) and I managed to sleep for 4 hours east bound. Delta are a good airline. People can make or break a business and now, it certainly seems that the Delta people will "make" the business.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Jezrel Sabaduquia    (USA)

JFK-ATL-AUS in F. Decided to pay First Class to try their product and Delta has done an excellent job revamping their JFK base. Check-in at the separate Sky Priority area was a top-notch experience, it has a completely separate entrance and the area is cozy and classy, complete with a seating area and little water bottles at the check in desks. Priority security line was a bonus since it was rush hour and the regular line was just insane. Priority boarding was strictly enforced which was good. Plane to Atlanta on a 757 equipped with the older transcontinental product. Seats were extremely plush and comfortable with great recline and legroom was excellent. Wouldn't mind sitting on those seats on a longer flight. I wish the leg rest would have extended higher though. Breakfast was served which was smoked salmon, toasted bagel, fresh fruit and yoghurt. I've read positive reviews about Delta's F catering, and this was no exception. Everything was fresh, presentation was excellent and quantity hit the spot nicely. My only major issue on this flight was the flight lead that served the first cabin, he was a tad cold and didn't really interact with the passengers which I admire about US airlines. Service however was efficient, and service calls and requests were all honored on a timely fashion. Entertainment system didn't work until half an hour before landing but it wasn't too much of an issue, selections for movies, shows and music were all great. ATL-AUS on an older 757, seats were huge and comfortable but legroom was limited but still sufficient. Flight attendants were more friendly, however, only snack options were available despite being a longer flight. Drinks and snacks were provided regularly and were of good quality. Overall, Delta is serious about transforming itself as a global airline with a great reputation. All flights were on-time, their hard product is reliable, catering is excellent, and even though I had some issues with service, Delta still provided a great flight experience and would not hesitate to fly with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S Paolo    (USA)

4/30/14, JFK-LHR was a pleasant experience (evening flight). The Delta Ground Crew were fine, but had some issues with regards to an additional carry on item, when the Airport Customs denied our entry towards the Immigration Area. Boarded on time on a B767-400ER. Seats felt tight with limited legroom, but a very comfortable back rest. Ordered our meals online when booking, however my meal was not available on the flight, but it was fine to wait for the general food selection. Flight entertainment was excellent, getting to watch the latest movie releases of the year. Flight Crew were well accommodated on this full flight. Land safely at LHR with a delay of 50 mins. 5/14/14 Return leg, LHR-JFK was a disappointment. The older B767-300 aircraft had a rusty smell. Food selections we chose online were again, unavailable. Flight crew were less friendly to passengers, fewer smiles, yet one of the FAs stood out very well in performance. The seats were a lot of worst, with thinner padding, making it extremely uncomfortable to lean your back all the way. The restrooms were awful, unlike the first leg which was spotless. The same goes with the cleanliness of the cabins. Overall, flying with Delta would mean riding old planes and comfort is less of a priority in economy class. Delta is my top choice when flying Domestically, but definitely out of the box for international and long haul travel. Next time I travel to Europe, BA goes next in the list.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Ronald Knight    (Canada)

In March 2014, I booked a flight from San Diego to Vancouver, BC. There was a one hour stop-over with plane change at LAX. Between that booking and the flight date of November 30th, Delta made 6 changes/cancellations to this single reservation, resulting in the change in planes being switched to Seattle with a 4 hour stop-over. When my flight arrived in Seattle, a further one hour delay was announced. I asked the reason and was told that it was because of ice, despite the fact that it was a sunny day with dry pavement everywhere, and the plane was coming from Las Vegas. The clerk then mentioned that Delta did not offer compensation for weather-related delays. The lie about icing was confirmed by another clerk who checked in her computer and found the delay was really caused by mechanical failure. I then asked what compensation Delta would give me for a 5 hour stop-over involving dinner time. I was offered a chocolate bar. Delta is the last airline I would choose in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Kyle Martin    (USA)

I have been flying Delta for years (several with Diamond status). I am currently gold status. At JFK Terminal 2, in the TSA pre-check line, the Delta representative made me go back and check my bag because it didn't fit in their little container which they claim is what a 22" bag should fit in. I have been carrying-on the same roller bag for the last 8 years. Now they make me check it? I don't get it. I flew with this same bag this last Saturday, the Saturday before that, the Thursday before that - and carried it on every time. Terrible customer service for your most loyal business travelers.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by N Hiserote    (USA)

DL352 from Nashville to Detroit. Advised that the flight will be full and customers are allowed one personal item and one carry-on bag, which must fit within the size check box. My carry-on was approximately 1 inch too wide, due to my use of the one inch expansion zipper. So my option was to pay to have my bag checked or to use the other small duffle I had inside of my carry-on. So I basically carried on the same weight of items which now took up twice the amount of room. I understand that there has to be rules, but common sense needs to come in to play at some point.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Oduche Chuma    (Nigeria)

Flew DL from Milan to JFK after arriving on Etihad, couldn't wait to see how DL matched up. I was impressed with the level of service from crew, bantering with passengers, smiling as they went about their duties, so eager to serve. The IFE and meals were equally impressive, far better than my preceding flight on Etihad flight. This is surely an improvement from the Delta I used to know, perhaps the competition is bringing out a different side.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by S Srinivasan    (USA)

DFW-ATL-RSW, DFW-ATL in Economy Comfort and ATL-RSW in Economy. Checked in online, and it took less than 5 minutes to get through DFW security on a Saturday morning. I was greeted by a friendly gate agent who smiled while welcoming me onboard - what a concept for a domestic airline these days. Onboard, the FAs were equally pleasant, with the First Class FA even offering to hang the coat of an Economy Class passenger. Snack choice consists of peanuts, pretzels, or Biscoff - while this isn't much, it's still more than you get on any other domestic airline. First leg arrived nearly 20 minutes early, and the transit in ATL was painless, though keep in mind it is a very large airport if you have a tight connection. Boarding was delayed slightly on the second leg to RSW, though we pushed back only a few minutes late, and arrived 5 minutes early. This flight was not full, and the FAs were once again cheerful while performing the beverage service (but only pretzels this time, and no Biscoffs). Captains on both legs kept us well-informed with regards to our route and progress, speaking to passengers twice on both legs. Overall, I couldn't ask for any more from a domestic flight in coach.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Shirley Stewart    (USA)

Disappointed traveler. Travelled to Europe via Delta and experience was not good. From terrible food to constantly moving seat assignments unless we upgraded to secure seats together. Food was not very good - service from JFK to PDX was non-existent. I would not recommend this airline and will avoid in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by S Koenig    (Brazil)

GRU-JFK business class, JFK-SEA and LAX-ATL in first class, ATL-GRU in business class. Biz class in 767-300s was great, lie-flat seats. 1-2-1 configuration. First class was standard. 757 for JFK-SEA not spacious, but felt roomier than in the domestic 767 from LAX-ATL (2-2-2 in first class). Food on all flights, especially the international legs, was good. Having priority check-in at LAX was especially welcome as I didn't have to take my bags over to the checked bag x-ray station. I didn't need the allowance of 3 checked bags up to 70 lbs for biz class to Brazil, but it can be a plus. Service was good, especially on the international legs. We chose Delta because it cost less than American or United for this trip. Delta's requirements for using frequent flyer miles is worse than the others, but the flights were very good.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by M D Neave    (UK)

Four flights with Delta, LHR-JFK-TPA_ATL-LHR, all flights departed on time, seats were comfortable and plenty of legroom including the internal flights, food typical airline beef, chicken or pasta ok and just about edible. Entertainment was very good with large seat back tvs, good selection of movies and shows plus a number of games, music selection was disappointing and more variety is needed there. Cabin crew worked hard doing numerous drink runs, on the international flights beer and wine is free otherwise about $6/7 for internal flights. I like Delta and would fly them in future if their prices remain competitive.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Winston Archer    (Canada)

My wife and I flew first class from Fort Lauderdale to La Guardia on October 27, 2014. What a pleasantry that experience was. We flew first class and was extremely pleased with the service and with the attendants courteous manners. The meal we had was hot, the drinks were served promptly and we were always asked if there was anything else they could do to ensure us a pleasant flight and comfort.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Beverly clark    (USA)

12/3, flight 1215, Boston to Salt Lake City. Flight 1674, Salt Lake City to Portland (Oregon). I flew Delta for the first time, traveling in first, it will definitely be the last. Completely inattentive flight attendants, no personal service of any kind - about the only "perks" of first were express lines for security and a mass produced meal. In flight received no attention, no offers of anything to drink - in fact, felt completely ignored.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Matthew Smith    (USA)

Took Delta flight from Atlanta to Salt Lake City. I have been flying fairly frequent for the last 10 years and this is the worst plane I have ever been on. The flight is just over four hours and the isn't any form of entertainment, not even the really old TV's that 25 rows share. I purchased the gogo inflight wifi that cost me $15 for the four hours and it barley has enough speed to check email. You can definitely forget streaming anything or play any game or app that requires the internet. (I tried) The air conditioning was apparently broken as well because it is about 80+ degrees in the plane. Worst flight/plane I have ever been on. I was on more advanced planes 10 years ago. Staff came by one time to offer any drinks or refreshment.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by T Matteo    (USA)

I flew from Madison-Detroit-Paris-Pisa and return through Rome. On the way there the short flight from Madison was quick and on time. Had plenty of time in Detroit (even though its not the most exciting airport). The transatlantic flight was operated by Air France 777. Excellent as usual. Other short flight to Pisa was okay. Nothing special. On return we rode an A330 from Rome to Detroit. My brother and I had window seats and IFE systems were great. Food was as good as any other airline (though not better than Air France). In Detroit had 2 hours until connection and everything was smooth. Overall great seats, food, and IFE's both ways.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Dennis Fakes    (USA)

Flew from Huntsville, AL to Atlanta, and then to Hong Kong via Seattle. Then returned from Sydney via LAX. On three of the six legs of this trip Delta rearranged our (long in advance) seating. We were notified only once (the night before our morning departure). Supposedly a "service animal" was needed in our Economy Comfort seats on the ATL to SEA leg. I understand and accept that. But when we boarded, the occupants of the seats we had originally booked, the occupants were young and apparently in good heath. No sign of a service animal. I will never again purchase Economy Comfort when it doesn't seem to mean anything and is quite expensive. Also, I will do everything I can to not fly Delta in the future. Finally, I will tell my story again and again every time I can so that others can be fore-warned.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by M Neave    (UK)

LHR-JFK-TPA-ATL-LHR. All flights departed on time, seats were comfortable with reasonable legroom especially on the internal flight, food was typical airline beef or chicken, and a pasta on the return leg, free beer and wine on the international flights, liquor payable by debit or credit card only. Entertainment was very good with seat back large screens, and a good selection of movies and TV shows, I felt the music selection could be improved by more choice. I have flown Delta 3 times now and find them a good airline and reasonable fares, I hope to book my next flights with them.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Aditi Saldanha    (USA)

Flown this airline twice from Amsterdam to Detroit, and had a terrible experience each time. My flight departing from Amsterdam has always never left on time. Both times, my flight was delayed at least 2 hours, so in both cases, I have missed my onward connecting flight in Detroit. This also resulted in my bag not arriving on time. However, apart from the fact that I have never been on a Delta flight that has left or arrived on time, the in- flight experience is quite good. Their food is always hot and very tasty, they have a good variety in their in flight entertainment, and their seats are quite comfy. But due to the fact that I have been delayed and missed my flight so many times because of Delta, I will probably never fly them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D Ingenito    (USA)

DL836, 30 Oct. I fly Delta from HOU-ATL-HNL and return several times each month. I go out of my way to travel through ATL as opposed to DFW on AA or IAH-HNL non-stop on UA. The upgraded A330 cabins with lie flat all-aisle access seats in Business are a refreshing treat from other tired equipment on AA and UA. ATL-HNL is considered an overwater international segment with all the amenities of a transatlantic or transpacific flight. On my recent trip, GOGO inflight satellite WIFI was available making a productive business trip in each direction!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by J Hickman    (USA)

Flew JFK-SLC 5 November 2014. Flew economy in an exit row. Ok flight but entertainment system did not operate, full flight with no place to move to. Seat did not recline. 4.5 hour flight, excellent FA but had to pay for food (I declined). On time take off and arrival.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by J Liu    (USA)

DTW-PEK and PVG-DTW, Economy comfort. I must say that I fly transpacific on Delta at least 6 times per year and it has been consistently good each trip. They used tired old 747's and A330's from the old Northwest days but a completely refurbished cabin makes it feel like a new plane. Huge new seatback screens feature USB and charging ports. Delta is making an effort to upgrade economy service on transpacific flights, handing out free eyeshades, earplugs, and greatly improved "Billboard" branded earbuds. Delta on Demand has hundreds of movies, TV and music choices to keep you occupied on these 14 hour flights. Food service is about the same, edible but nothing special. Two hot meals and a mid-flight snack consisting of a sandwich, fruit, and cookie. Service by veteran flight attendants at the top of the seniority list is pleasant and friendly. Overall, it can't compare with the Asian airlines on service but not much to complain about.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by D Mohapatra    (USA)

Highly Recommended. Flight from Amsterdam to Detroit. Check-in was smooth and on time departure. Courteous flight crew, good food - was too much though and nice comfortable seat. On-time arrival and speedy baggage delivery. Overall outstanding experience and would like to choose Delta for future international trips.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Leong    (USA)

BDL-SJC and back via ATL. Coach between BDL and ATL both ways and First between ATL and SJC both ways. First was good unless you are in a bulkhead seat and you are over 6 feet tall. Other than that the aircraft cabin (new 739) was nice and the service was great. Coming back the flight was delayed for an hour which was awful, though I slept through the delay. On the bright side, I had plenty of time to connect to BDL.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 November 2014 by D Parker    (USA)

Flew PDX-ATL, ATL-CUN, CUN-LAX, then LAX-PDX. PDX-ATL was very clean on a very well maintained 737-900, attendants accommodated sister's nut allergy, made sure no nuts or nut containing items were opened, good IFE, good wifi. ATL-CUN was disappointing. Attendants were friendly and hilarious, but the MD-88 was in decrepit shape, with a broken sound system, broken lights, broken a/c, etc. CUN-LAX was a bit better of a plane but not as good of a 737 as the first flight (737-700 i believe, slightly unclean and lots of TV's weren't working) and LAX-PDX on the CRJ900 was great. 2 drinks, snacks, as expected, aircraft was very clean and had a brand new feeling.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by J Segel    (USA)

Just leaving Detroit for Boston. Overhead bins are half empty. As usual attendants insist baggage be checked which adds considerable and unnecessary time to trip in Boston. Otherwise adequate trip. Seats fairly squeezed but similar to other legacy airlines. No food or entertainment options.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Tovbin Michael    (USA)

ALB-IAH, DL2033/2249. Delta would not let me choose a seat at purchase or check-in. They put me in a middle seat. Now to get out of the seat (into a window seat in the same row) I need to pay them $19. I did not get a fair chance to select a type of seat I wanted even early on in the process. So, I am being forced into an uncomfortable seat and into making a payment if I want to fly with more comfort.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Edward Mackenzie    (Canada)

My wife and I were supposed to fly out of Fort Myers on Oct 22/14, after booking our flights two months in advance. When we got to the airport 3 hours before our flight we were told our flight was cancelled and we would have to wait until 8.30 the next day before we could leave. We had to call for a ride, ask to stay an additional day - all with no notice! They had all of my contact info and never called. I believe our flight wasn't full, so they bumped us to the next morning to fill that flight. This is unacceptable, you schedule your flights to fit into your time schedule, not theirs. How are you supposed to plan a trip not knowing when they will cancel the flight for no reason, do not use Delta if you need to be somewhere on time!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by M Temple    (USA)

Was pleasantly surprised by Delta service in Economy class on a round trip between DTW and AMS on Oct. 10 (outbound) and Oct, 17 (inbound). Cabin services both ways was attentive throughout the flight - something that some other US-based carriers fail to grasp. The Economy class food was actually tasty and abundant, especially on the AMS-DTW flight. Am happy to find a US-based carrier that can hold its own in Economy class against its Euro- competitors. So would definitely recommend Delta service between DTW and AMS as a gateway between the US and Europe - even in Economy, the journey is part ot the enjoyment of the overall trip.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

October 17th, 2014. Traverse City, Michigan (TVC) to DTW, DTW-LAX, LAX-SMF. TVC-DTW and LAX-SMF on Delta Connection. DTW-LAX on Delta. The FAs on the connection flights were courteous and competent. On Delta, after the beverage cart had gone by, I asked a passing FA for a second glass of wine. She refused to bring it, told me I'd have to wait until the beverage cart returned, which was over an hour later. The Economy Comfort seats on Delta were not much better than economy - slightly more legroom, but the recline seemed the same. I was unable to sleep because the headrest pushed my head forward. The Economy Comfort seats on the Connection flights felt more comfortable. Delta provided a wide array of entertainment choices. I only fly Delta because my spouse buys my tickets with her frequent flyer miles. I would not recommend Delta for long haul flights on account of the uncomfortable seats. Next time my spouse and I fly to Europe or Asia I will ask her to use her FF miles for flights on a Delta partner with better seats.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

10-12-14 SEA-DTW-TVC. SEA-DTW on Delta, DTW-TVC on Delta Connection. The blue vinyl seats on Delta were very uncomfortable, had minimal legroom and recline, the plastic armrests hurt my arms after an hour or so. I was unable to sleep because the headrest pushed my head forward. Seats on Delta Connection were more comfortable. My one star rating is for the Delta seats. I didn't use the inflight entertainment system which appeared to have a good selection. I would not recommend Delta for long haul flights. My spouse purchased my ticket with her frequent flyer miles. Next month when we fly from California to Florida, I'll ask her to book our flight on a Delta partner if possible. The Delta seats are too uncomfortable for long haul flights. Same goes for our upcoming trips to Europe, and Thailand next year.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Jean KirschSulllivan    (USA)

In September I flew Delta round trip Detroit - London - Detroit business elite class on planes with the lay-flat seats. Let's be honest and call them "pods" not seats. These plastic "pods" must be the most uncomfortable, cramped seats ever designed for an airplane. I am only 5'1", weigh 125#, and even at that small size, I felt wedged into a narrow, hard space. Seats are narrow, hard moulded vinyl and there is absolutely no room for anything. Couldn't even figure out where to store the provided quilt and pillow. Sit on it? Put it on the floor where it immediately becomes wedged under the seat or you have to walk on it to get out/in your seat? Fold out trays are tiny and almost useless as are the provided "pockets" (shallow, moulded indents that won't even keep a bottle of water upright) for magazines, books, papers, bottled water, etc. Attempting to stand up or leave your seat is a major challenge. Apparently the expected protocol is to wedge yourself into the "pod" and not move for eight hours. Never again!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Paul O'Neill    (Australia)

Flew SYD-LAX, 1 Oct and returned 13 Oct - After reading reviews online I was a bits hesitant to fly Delta but was pleasantly surprised by the airline. Found the service to be quite good, food had a good variety and all meals were served hot. Also good idea about placing the snacks out for passengers to help themselves. Great choice of movies and TV shows to pass the time. Seats were a little uncomfortable but overall a good experience and would definitely fly Delta again!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Mike Looney    (Australia)

Worst business class I have ever travelled on. The product provided on my trip from LA to San Jose is nothing close to what is represented on the Delta website, nor as described in their inflight magazine. We had expectations of lie flat beds on the last leg of our long journey from Melbourne (Australia) to San Jose, Costa Rica. To make matters worse, this last leg with Delta was an overnight flight - so we had been travelling in excess of 24hrs before boarding Delta. What a disappointment to find we were on possibly the oldest aircraft I have flown, it had a 2 person bench seat format with an individual backrest that only slightly reclined. The inflight food service was lousy (very similar to an economy meal on a domestic flight). Then to top it off there was a Dog (yes a canine) sitting / sleeping in seat 1B, right next to us! There was no insert entertainment system, there was a very old box TV hanging from the ceiling in the aisle, which from Seat 1D I couldn't quite see very well.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by D Wilson    (Australia)

Went from LAX to Sydney. Staff rude, food awful. Only good thing was premium economy seating. The seats were hard - no frills but extra leg room. Worth the difference but would not fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Flew GSO-ATL-SLC-PHX/ LAS-DTW-GSO on a paid First Class ticket - cost only 30% more than the coach ticket and well worth it. DL is working hard to be a serious airline and it's mostly paying off. All flights were on time and generally the service and food very good, including a new beef enchilada (really!) lunch item that was excellent. The omelette breakfast out of LAS however- not so much. For me the biggest issue with DL is the age of the fleet. Both long legs were on vintage (25 years old plus) 757s with no modern amenities except pay for WIFI. These old ships showed their age throughout, including (my pet peeve) dreadful bathrooms, no entertainment whatsoever and old style overhead bins. The one flight with no first class section was aboard the dreaded CRJ200 for a 90 minute flight.. DL generously assigned seat 14A with a GE engine seemingly in the next seat. When will the airlines fulfil their promise of dumping these dogs altogether rather than just moving them from one fleet to another? Overall though, satisfaction delivered.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Gilbert Schwartz    (USA)

JFK-FCO return, Business class on Sept. 25 - Oct. 5. on A330 - this is the best business class seat by far. Seats newly configured 1-2-1 with easy aisle access. Seat controls, entertainment system, electronics all user friendly. Lots of entertainment options viewed on a 16-inch flat panel screen. Exceptional service and excellent meal choices.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Peter Pomeranze    (USA)

Honolulu to LA. Lucked out with an internationally equipped aircraft for this normally cramped flight. Great lie flat seat, wonderful crew, decent meal and excellent entertainment. The B767 business elite made the trip a pleasure but why does the dessert come on the tray when there is plenty of time to do a separate service? This is a pet peeve of mine, makes the service seem pedestrian.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by C Frauches    (Brazil)

Have just arrived in Rio de Janeiro from Miami, with a change of planes in Atlanta. From Miami to Atlanta, pilot did not even announce the flight duration. From Atlanta to Rio, service was certainly not bad by U.S. standards. IFE was good-managed to watch a new release in my personal screen-while alcoholic beverages were also complementary throughout the flight. Arrived on-time in Rio de Janeiro, only to find-out that my luggage did not make the tight connection in Atlanta. All in all, certainly an acceptable trip and would do it again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by A Ryerson    (USA)

Just added Delta to the airlines that I will never fly again. American was the only one with that recognition previously. Booked flight for two from Des Moines to San Francisco and return. Outgoing flight was as planned and no problems. Noticed when I checked in the day before flight that return connection from Minneapolis to DSM had gone from 1 hour to 3+ hour layover. Just tried to change departure time from SFO to Minneapolis so flight would make more sense (1 hour layover). Said they would be happy to for $235! I make sane, rationale reservations with "standard" layovers and airline changes (or cancels) a flight, doesn't inform me and after I learn about it and try to make sense of the booking again, they are happy to change for additional $$$. There is something very wrong with this picture. In the future they have 2 empty seats from my wife and me.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by James Steward    (Australia)

Flew SYD-LAX-MNL. All flights were on time, aircraft were clean, staff very friendly, food satisfactory, lavatories well maintained and inflight entertainment stable with a great selection of choices. Safety was adhered to throughout flights. Check-in was smooth. However, LAX could have more staff support during the check-in process. Baggage arrived promptly after each flight. Will fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Alex Taberner    (Australia)

JFK-LAX on a 757-200 Transcon. Flight pushed back 5 mins ahead of schedule and arrived 30 mins early. The aircraft was recently refitted and the new cabin is spectacular. Felt clean, modern, fresh, airy, bright and very comfortable. The IFE was superb. Screens were huge, choice was endless and picture quality great (not the standard screens you see on most aircraft). Staff were attentive and happy - came around with the drinks/snacks cart twice, and I lost count how many times they came around offering water. Tea/coffee and snacks are complimentary, sandwiches etc available for purchase. For a long coast to coast flight, Delta far exceeded my expectations.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Valerie Morzillo    (USA)

Flights 476 and 477. Flew first Class to Barcelona, Spain on August 17, 2014. Excellent service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

First class from PDX to LAX. On time, good seat comfortable and plenty of space. Easy check in and boarding. Early arrival. Inflight food and beverages woeful. Very limited beverages and my choice of red wine not available. No food apart from a 1/2oz bag of crisps or peanuts. For a two-hour flight something more substantial should be available in First. And nothing else even available for purchase. Staff on board ok. Disappointing apart from the seat comfort and space. I had bought a discounted First class ticket otherwise not worth it. And no access to Delta lounge for First pax unless paid for ($50) or a regular card holder for this service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Jared Costley    (USA)

I have had several horrible experiences with Delta. One time on my way back from a vacation from Hawaii, Delta changed the connecting flight from the Las Vegas Airport to an earlier time. I was not informed until I arrived in Las Vegas, only to find out that our connecting flight had already departed. The Delta Customer Service clerk was extremely unhelpful and ended up booking us on a flight that left 5 hours later. I sat in the Las Vegas airport with two small children for several hours. Today, I was supposed to fly out to New York at 11.00 am for an important business trip. As I was leaving for the airport, I got a call from Delta stating that the flight was delayed until 12.15 pm. Since that phone call the flight has been further delayed three-times. Delta is the worst airline I have ever flown on hands-down with extremely poor customer service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Barbara Madureira    (Australia)

First time flying Delta was a terrible experience and I will never fly Delta again. Check in was really bad. My seat did not recline and my flight was LA to Sydney, it means 15 hours flying in the same position. The seat was near the back of the plane where the flight attendants stay during the flight. They wouldn't close the curtains so it was always with lights on and I could hear them talking and laughing for 15 hours. It was my worst nightmare and I do not recommend Delta to anyone. There was other seats available but they wouldn't give us other seats.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by P Hendrix    (USA)

Sep 1 from TYS-DTW-AMS-GVA, return on Sep 15 from GVA-AMS-ATL-TYS. Just returned from traveling and used Delta and KLM. My opinion is that Delta has improved its flight services and food on transcontinental flights. Flights were on time, customer service was helpful, flight attendants were pleasant. The cabin service was much more adequate than in past flights. We did purchase economy comfort seats on the outgoing flight and the extra inches were appreciated. I was very pleased and will continue to use Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by D Schmeisser    (USA)

IMT-DEN-SAN-IMT. All flights were on time or early. Ground and flight attendants courteous and efficient, provided timely and useful info. The seats and entertainment on the new B737 are quite good for economy. Beef sandwich for purchase was at best OK. Beverages passed a few times on a 3 hr SAN-MSP flight. In my opinion Delta provides a good, consistent product these days.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by A Shah    (UK)

Extremely poor service. A family of five flew to Orlando via Detroit. After a lot of hassle on my part I was able to organise the special meals for us on our flight to Detroit. It was expected that the airline would have done so the same for the return flight but this did not happen with the result we were denied this request.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by A Skidmore    (UK)

Manchester - Atlanta - Quito - August 2014. Flew Delta for the first time in about a decade and was very impressed. Transatlantic flew an old but recently refurbished 767-2, which was clean and comfortable. Was fortunate to get an exit row seat meaning I had lots of leg room, and being 6'3 this was a blessing! Seats were a little hard, but no more so than other airlines. Entertainment system was very good, lots of options and food and drinks were served regularly. Cabin crew were very friendly and always happy to help. Flight departed on time and arrived early in ATL. ATL-QUI - very old 757-2 and desperately needed refurbing. Seats were worn out, no entertainment, overhead TVs existed but not used and cabin crew were less friendly. Drinks only served once on a 5 hour flight, and food was very poor in comparison to the other flight. Standard American airline for me, very good transatlantic, but domestic/South America used tired fleet and much less effort made. Will certainly use again if I need to fly transatlantic as was an excellent experience, but still much to improve on the other side of the pond.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Brian E Smith    (Japan)

NRT-HNL-NRT in business class both ways. The flight was smooth, on time, had decent food, lie-flat seats, and a very accommodating HNL-based crew of FA. No complaints whatsoever. It always amazes me at the negative comments on this review site considering my consistently good experiences with Delta. They're not the best airline in the world, but they seem to try their best.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by J Krinsky    (USA)

Delta 1487 on 09-04-14 from ATL to JFK. The gate agent addressed my wife and I by name as we boarded. All passengers were greeted by the F/A as they boarded. Flight left a few minutes late but arrived early. The meal consisted of a cold shrimp/chicken platter or a turkey/chicken sandwich, which was very good. Service was good. My only complaint is the seating. The seat is more comfortable than Economy Comfort, but Delta should add an inch of pitch in the first class cabin. I did not rate the inflight entertainment as there was none available due to the short flight. Delta 2043 first class on 09-11-14 JFK to ATL. Flight left about 30 minutes late due to mechanical problems. The captain gave detailed and many updates concerning takeoff times which was appreciated. The plane was an MD 88. Again, no inflight entertainment due to the short flight. Food and beverages included snacks from a basket.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by C Tellefsen    (USA)

I keep making the mistake of choosing Delta. I flew to Spain recently and now within the us and each time I am unable to be seated with my husband regardless of how in advance I book my tickets. When I just called to inquire about a seat assignment the representative was beyond rude and said if I could not afford the upgrade then I can wait till I get to the gate like always. I have no problem paying for an upgrade but it seems to me they purposely do that so you pay the money or pay by sitting alone! Rude and not accommodating at all.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by B Hagler    (USA)

I flew from Omaha to Minneapolis. Minneapolis to Paris. Paris to Yaounde, Cameroon. Returning flight from Yaounde was cancelled. Left the following morning. Flew to Central African Republic then to Chad. From Chad to Paris. Once a 6 hour flight, turned into almost 13 hours. One meal provided.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Nowara Michael    (USA)

Flying on 8/25 from EWR to AMS and return on 9/5 ex AMS to EWR in Economy Comfort. Save your money not worth it. Food was horrible. Flight attendance not very polite. Service was non-existent. I asked for an after dinner drink and was told only coffee, Tea or water was available. This is not what Delta advertises on Economy Comfort. Have flown many times on Lufthansa to Germany and the service is 100% better. I will stay away from Delta in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Davona Sanders    (USA)

July 28 - August 2 2014. DTW to Las Vegas. My husband and I flew Delta this past July (2014) to Las Vegas. I think the staff did a wonderful job. They always offered snacks and drinks. We will definitely fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by A Aloysius    (Canada)

SEA-LHR and AMS-SEA I had an excellent experience on these international flights with Delta. The seats were relatively spacious and comfortable, and the IFE was really impressive. The food was edible, and there were frequent drink services. I had a far better experience than I did with Air Canada on similar routes. I will definitely be flying with Delta on future trips to Europe.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by AJ Jeffery    (USA)

I have had a good experience with Delta so I chose to fly it again. We were flying from Philadelphia to Austin Texas. First off, my flight was delayed for an hour and a half. Then, we took off. My first stop was Minneapolis. We then had another stop for no reason at Detroit. We then finally got to Austin. Our flight left Philadelpiha at 6am CST and got to Austin at 7pm CST. I will never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by B Denessen    (USA)

Round trip Detroit to Ft Lauderdale, 8/28-9/1. Once again Delta has maintenance issues. We missed our connection, lose our first class seats and get home 10 hours late. By the way do not purchase first class tickets. Delta apparently can choose to honor them or not. What a waste of money. I chose to purchase rather than upgrade and still lost my seats. The trip down here in first class offered potato chips for lunch and one drink because our flight attendant spent his time talking to another flight attendant that must have been riding for free because she didn't come out of the galley the entire flight. I guess I should just be happy they got us to our destination. Red coats are useless and maintenance is worst as our plane wasn't the only flight delayed that day due to maintenance.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Joe Mitzel    (USA)

Flew MSP-LAX-OGG (Maui) RT and was pleased with Delta in both directions. The flights are long so not terribly comfortable but a very nice attendant suggested that I move to Economy Plus seating for the extra legroom on the outbound to Maui. The food options were tasty and fairly-priced. I appreciated that the crew wore Hawaiian- inspired outfits to put us in a festive mood. Hawaii is such an exceptional destination it deserves the extra touches! Delta is my choice for flights lately because they work hard to deserve my business.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Shi Haowei    (USA)

I flew IND-DTW-JFK to connect to an Air China flight to Beijing there and PVG-DTW-IND on the way back. I was originally suppose to fly IND-JFK to connect to Air China but the flight was delayed to after 9am and I would miss the Air China flight by then. So the agent booked me through Detroit. A320 service to Detroit, no food because it was only 30 minutes, CRJ900 service to JFK, had soda and peanuts. On the way back I was supposed to fly Air China PVG-PEK-JFK and Delta to IND. Air China got delayed and they rebooked me on PVG-DTW-IND, Boeing 777 to DTW, good food, had many choices. No food for the DTW-IND flight as usual. Nice flight attendants, good seating, good entertainment, funny safety video.