C

Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by R Stanley    (USA)

We could have driven From Louisville to Portland ME quicker than Delta was able to get us there after they had a plane changed at a gate in SDF due to a "bathroom" issue and difficulty finding the flight crew that apparently wandered off and could not be found for a while.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by A Bastien    (USA)

5/0/15, PHL-SLC, Airbus A320. Flight similar to the ones I took on 5/4/15. Economy comfort is better than economy, but not by much. Its main advantage is priority boarding, which allows me to avoid the inevitable rush and scramble for overhead bin space. Rated food as 1 because I didn't buy any, entertainment also as 1 because there wasn't any. I don't look forward to flying with Delta, even in economy comfort.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by A Bastien    (USA)

5/4/15, MSP-PHL, MD 90. Rated food as a 1 because the inflight offerings do not appeal to me. When I've tried to purchase food items on previous flights, the FAs have run out of the items I would have ordered. So, I brought my own sandwich. I also brought my own beverage because FAs on a previous flight refused to sell me a bottle of wine for dinner, told me to wait for the beverage cart's second round. Rated entertainment as 1, because there was none. The FAs were competent, the aircraft clean and on time.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by A Bastien    (USA)

5/4/15, SMF-MSP, Airbus A320 Economy Comfort, legroom adequate, service competent. Complaint: Delta does not post economy comfort fares on its website, but as separate upgrades for each flight segment. Value for money rated at 1 because I traveled on an award ticket, entertainment rated as 1 because the flight didn't have any. Legroom was slightly better than on previous Economy Comfort flights, but recline was still minimal. Food for purchase was unappealing, but the complimentary snacks and beverages were acceptable. I wouldn't recommend Delta because it seems to focus more on nickel and diming its passengers than in providing quality service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by C Wallace    (USA)

A simple flight from BWI to NYC turned into a 3 hour wait on flight 3371. With very little communication between the staff/pilot and the passengers. On a bright sunny day in MD and only mild rain and overcast in NYC the pilot said it was weather related. After waiting for the plane to arrive for 2.5 hours. When we get on the flight we had to wait another 30 minutes on the plane for more ridiculous reasons - they claim the baggage door was not shut properly. So someone comes to shut it and then we go out to runway. Then we have to wait another 13 minutes. Not able to rebook me for reasons that were also very vague. The flight was overpriced and didn't event accomplish it's intended purpose to get people where they need to be on time. As a business traveller this is absolutely unacceptable. I cannot get business done if I can't get to my destination.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by A Bastien    (USA)

5/9/15, SLC-SMF, Airbus A320. My spouse let me sit in her first class seat. It was a disappointment: legroom not much better than Economy Comfort, although the seat was wider and had more recline. The food was also disappointing, same snacks as the ones given to Economy Comfort passengers. On the positive side, the FA brought me a glass of wine when requested, unlike my main cabin experiences in which FAs will not bring me a small bottle for wine (even if purchased), until the beverage cart makes its rounds. I didn't pay for this first class travel, but if I had, I would have been even more disappointed. My trip satisfaction is less than it was for my Economy Comfort flights because first class failed to meet my expectations. I rated entertainment as 1, because there wasn't any.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by R Knecht    (USA)

LAX-JFK-KEF return, Comfort + on all four segments. The Sky Priority boarding and extra legroom were a real plus but the DL Comfort + seating does not compare to BA Premium Economy. The Levo wraps and frozen yoghurt bars on the two transcontinental flights were 100 times better than the coach dinner and lunch served on the two international segments. Appreciated the open bar on all four flights, but not the wine from a box on JFK-KEF. The cabin crews were friendly and professional on all four flights and there was no wait for luggage in either KEF or LAX. The ancient 767 on the final JFK-LAX leg was too warm, had poor ventilation, and the VOD lacked the live Dish TV option. Boarding for JFK-LAX was chaotic.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 May 2015 by L Sun    (Australia)

Flew DL1162, LAX-JFK on 05/11. We were booked on this flight after missing connecting QF flight from MEL. I was seated in an aisle seat next to the emergency exit, plenty of legroom, possibly the most comfortable seat I've been on (having only flown economy). The snacks and drinks were fine, the cabin crew were attentive. However, it is simply wrong that you cannot use the entertainment system during take-off and landing. Overall, quite average service, nothing particularly bad, however, I still would prefer QF if I had the choice.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 May 2015 by L Lander    (UK)

On 28 April 2015 my friend and I travelled from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Atlanta, Georgia for our connecting flight to Manchester, England, UK. Due to storms in Florida, our flight was delayed by an hour. Despite the pilot's best efforts we arrived at Atlanta B24 35 mins before our flight to England was due to take off. After running as fast as we could, we arrived at the check-in desk 10 mins before the Virgin plane was due to depart (the airline was aware of the Florida delay). Despite the best efforts of all the personnel on duty they were unable to get us on the plane. Nevertheless, not only did the staff stay with us to locate our baggage at B24 but tried and succeeded to get us on another plane to depart that night. Staff not only located our baggage, but ensured it would be put on the new flight. To the lady who got us two seats on the Delta flight to Manchester, via Amsterdam, and the staff member accompanied us to E30 to make sure we were checked in and on our way home.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 May 2015 by R Bjerke    (USA)

Milwaukee, WI to Atlanta, GA - Panama City, FL return. My mother and I traveled with a connecting flight in Atlanta. We requested wheelchair assistance ahead of time. We were met at every plane with the wheelchair and a very courteous staff member.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 April 2015 by Hubert Rodrigues    (Canada)

Great service on this fight. YYZ-LGA, LGA-ATL. Snack choices were nuts cookies or pretzels and a drink. On time flight both ways.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 April 2015 by B D Byrnes    (Ireland)

Travelled from DUB-ATL-RSW on 22nd April 2015. Very good service from any Delta employee, either check in or flight crew we had contact with. My wife and myself travel from DUB 3 or 4 times a year, always with Delta, to enjoy the Florida sunshine. We do, on occasions treat ourselves to a trip up front and to a degree we are looking forward to the trip already booked for the end of Sept when we are using some of my wife's miles to upgrade. Everybody today worked well and provided a very good service on both flights and I would have no problem at all about saying that the Delta workers represented their company very well.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 April 2015 by F Eliadis    (Canada)

We flew to Phoenix from Montreal with a Detroit connection and cannot believe what is passing for a decent airline experience in the US these days (the return on American Airlines was just as bad). The least passengers should expect from an airline is a seat that is not torn and filthy, a plane that leaves on time and that arrives on one piece. Fine, the flight did those things, but are we supposed to be impressed? The plane was packed and tiny. No room for hand luggage for many passengers. Old plane - I mean really old. No movies or Ipads. Somewhat encouraged by the Wifi on board until we discovered you had to pay for it, and it did not work well anyway. Business class looked like economy class five to seven years ago. Seats were small and do not get me started on the pitch. Dilapidated and depressing, two other words starting with "D". Delta needs a makeover. I have new insight into why Air Canada is rated the best airline in North America. The bar is so very low.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 April 2015 by Katherine Berich    (UK)

Travelled from London Heathrow to Los Angeles in early April 2015. From the time of check-in, the Delta staff were nothing but extremely helpful and obliging, making the process super quick and easy. The flight itself was fantastic - unlimited drinks/alcohol (I had three very generous servings of red wine) and ample food. Hot towels were handed out at the beginning and end of the service, while two meals were served during the 11-hour flight. If we required more drinks or food, the staff were more than happy to oblige. The in-flight entertainment was also top notch - wonderfully wide selection of television shows and films. All in all a very pleasant experience - can't say the same for the subsequent LA > Vegas leg of the journey, so will be sticking with Delta for intercontinental flights!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 April 2015 by Juan Pablo Reyes    (Colombia)

DL 449, BOG-JFK, business class. Awful Avianca lounge in BOG, crowded and rude staffed. The aircraft was a 1980- vintage B757, unbelievable! Flight left 35 minutes late with no explanations. Although skypriority boarding was smooth, the welcome sparkling wine was warm. No peanuts, not even a napkin. Refills were offered by the rather friendly and respectful crew. Nice two course dinner with fair wine offer. Overall a nice experience, which was ruined on the return JFK-BOG leg.

Return flight JFK-BOG business class. Awful, dirty DL Skyclub at terminal 4 wherein all drinks and food have to be paid for except for mediocre house wines, warm domestic beers and, yes, popcorn. Flight left 30 minutes late. Rude, disinterested crew, barely greeted the boarding passengers. Same ancient 757 with fairly comfortable lie flat seating. Were served an awful breakfast at midnight instead of dinner with no explanations. Then, crew gathered in the front galley screaming and laughing, bothering paying J class passengers that were trying to sleep. One of the pilots occupied seat 1A beside me without even saying hello. Unbelievable. Finally, the crew forgot customs forms to entry BOG, they didn't even knew they existed, so we had to get them upon arrival. Luggage arrived one hour after arrival. Never again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Steven Cao    (China)

Shanghai Pudong-Tokyo Narita on old B767-300ER, return on A330-300, both on time, check-in/boarding very efficient, lounge at Pudong Airport run by China Eastern which is always bad, nothing to eat and over-crowded. Inflight food and drinks good, considering it's a 2hr regional flight, crew very polite and friendly. AVOD is amazing with lots latest movies.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Kevin Tunnicliffe    (UK)

First time with Delta and very pleased with the result. Seat on the 767 worked fine, if slowly, and the flat bed was comfortable. This was enhanced by the excellent Westin pillow and duvet. The most comfortable pillow of any airline I have flown with. Food was excellent, well presented and flavourful. Cabin crew were pleasant, attentive and polite. The only bad thing I can report was the IFE system. It took five or maybe six attempts to make it work and the selection of movies was extremely limited. The small screen was not of great quality either. Flight was on time.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by W Rongu    (USA)

I flew Business on an international flight aboard 767-300. The experience in the Business class is probably one of the worst, due to the layout of the cabin. The Galley is in the front, and in order for the flight attendants to service the plane down to the middle of the standard economy class, they must go through the Business class cabin to reach the areas to the back. On other airlines such as ANA, they have an extra Galley behind the Business and Premium Economy class seats so that there may be a separation in service and noise. The design of the seating arrangement in the Business class is much tighter in the Delta with its bulky, boxy, full-flat system, that the flight attendants' hard foot steps with their high-heels can be felt bouncing through the walls of the full-flat system. What kind of flooring did they use in the aisle? Why do the horrible footsteps and cart sounds transmit so much to the boxy seat system? I could not rest quietly or comfortably as the massive, loud, obnoxious footsteps of passengers and flight attendants alike can be felt all throughout the flight. No courtesy there, obviously, no company policy there, obviously, to make the flight attendants wear something more quiet on their feet or to be more considerate when running down the aisle! The temperature control of the full-flat system is lacking. The seats themselves feel fine, but they become very hot after a while and there is no air around the seat or your feet so there is no way to cool down. The attitude of the flight attendants is about what you would expect from a classless, American transport company, fairly lacking in manners and they treat you as if you're on a flying bus (as they have always done). The Flight Safety video is a joke, as they intended it to be, but it certainly doesn't make anybody feel safe as nobody remembers the actual safety bits but remembers the comedy bits! A total waste of time and energy, and most certainly conveys what I said earlier about the attitude of the airline. It feels like a cheap, low-class flying commuter bus service and they'll treat you like that.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by David Kaiser    (USA)

My wife and I returned to Boston on Saturday from my son's wedding in New Orleans. I had booked Delta to and from New Orleans, changing at Atlanta. On the way down a problem emerged. My wife generally signs everything Patti instead of Patricia. I had made the reservation for her for Patti as I always do. A TSA guy decided to make an issue of the difference between Patti (on the boarding pass) and Patricia (on her license) and sent her back to the Delta counter. They changed the boarding pass and all was well. We reached the airport in plenty of time Saturday morning in NO and tried to get everything done at curbside check-in. I got my boarding pass, but the machine refused to give out hers. The guy checked the bag and turned us over to a Delta guy walking the floor inside. He put us in a large line for "special problems." Since at this time there was about an hour before boarding, we weren't worried. However, Delta was woefully understaffed, the line moved with glacial speed. With about 20 minutes to departure my wife told me to board to make sure at least one of us got home, and I did. Meanwhile I was in touch with my wife via cell, she had finally reached the end of the line. They told her she was too late to make the plane. They told her she would be on the next flight to Atlanta and there was 20 minutes between its landing and our Boston flight departing, so she might make it. Her seat, of course, had been given away. It turned out the name confusion was an issue again. I will never fly Delta again if I can possibly avoid it.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by L Michael    (USA)

JFK-NRT-SIN And back. Sky club at JFK was nice but wish food didn't need to be paid for. First flight was largely uneventful, the seats were what I expected, food was nothing special and IFE was great. The lounge in NRT though needs an upgrade in terms of F&B. A lot of other airlines have more than just small bowls of whatever they're serving. (At least there were showers). NRT-SIN was normal and like the previous flight. The return was similar aside from the fact that Delta actually listened to customer feedback and pushed the departure time from 6 to 7am. Not too thrilled that the arrival into JFK is when a bunch of others come in and result in a 2 hour wait at immigration.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by C Haynie    (USA)

I arrived at the airport around 8.50 for a 10.15 flight. I was on military orders. They delayed my flight and/or switched my flight 10 times. Put me on Standby on 3 different flights. They gave no preference or concern. I called to talk to customer service and they did nothing. During my flight from Jacksonville to Atlanta they didn't even serve food or drinks because they said they ran out of time. I could have driven from Jacksonville to Norfolk faster. I was in the airport for 14 hours. That is unacceptable and the staff won't tell you if you made standby or not so you have to wait there instead of getting food or leave the area.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by M Trotter    (UK)

JFK to LHR, possibly the worst flight and service I have experienced. The cabin crew made it clear that passengers were especially economy were a real inconvenience - the customer service was awful, food and beverages dumped on trays and very little interest in the passengers. There was no excuse, everyone was polite to the cabin staff and if anything had kicked off it would have been as a result of their rudeness and failure to pay attention. Economy doesn't mean cheap, had I been travelling alone I would have travel business but as I was with a group I stayed with them. Compared to Virgin Atlantic and BA Delta is a waste of money will always change the flight or choose another carrier in future, once was too much.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by E Dethier    (Belgium)

Flew DL from Brussels to Sacramento, CA. It turned out to be a really good trip. All flights were on time and connections went smooth. Both ground and inflight staff were very professional and friendly. The special meal I ordered was fine. I would definitely recommend this airline!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by M Mark    (USA)

I flew from BNA-ATL-EYW round trip for spring break. Full planes, no upgrades available. Its nice to take a full size plane into Key West. All four flight segments were nice, clean, comfortable. Seat was tight, but its coach, and no flight was over 1.5 hours. Flight attendants were competent and pleasant on all legs. Loved the gate crew at Key West, campy and competent. Made everyone laugh. Easiest way to Key West in my opinion. It wasn't cheap and my Frequent Flyer miles were no good for a First Class upgrade, but I didn't mind a single bit.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Perry Amy    (UK)

LHR-JFK, 29th March 2015 - B767-400 - Boarding was slow at Heathrow but very organised, we had a basic economy seat on our outbound sector and I've never seen Seats so small, my partner is 6ft 6 and could not fit in the seats, and although everyone is entitled to, someone even had the audacity to recline their seat in front of him knowing he couldn't fit. Flight was full but the services offered were very good and efficient, we were offered a complimentary meal and a snack during the flight along with beverages. Flight attendants were very nice and polite, however a couple of them were miserable and rude and towards the end of flight they lost interest and almost threw the coffee at us. We were happy to get off the flight it was very uncomfortable. JFK-LHR, B767-300 - Our inbound sector was much better, we paid to upgrade into economy comfort with exits seats which also meant priority boarding. Seats were not the greatest but legroom was huge and better for my partner. Flight was a night flight and it was very quiet and almost empty, flight attendants polite and services offered again were very good. Both aircraft each way were ageing but at least they got us to our destination. I noticed Call bells were not answered and were left for hours. In flight entertainment was good, new films offered for free along with games and TV shows. I would recommend Delta but next time would definitely pay to upgrade both ways due to the seat pitch in basic economy.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by L Iakovidi    (France)

Economy, Nice Côte d'Azur to JFK, 4th April 2015. Flight was about an hour delayed to leave Nice airport but Delta gave all passengers complimentary pizza and drinks as an apology for the wait (even though I had received an email about the delay several hours before). Boarding took forever as the mandatory checks have become very long and tedious (my carry on bags were opened for a second time right before I boarded the plane although this was randomized from what I understand). The plane floors and loos were quite dirty as if a thorough cleaning had not been done in a while. Very limited food choices although staff helpful with snacks. Other than above (oh and the horrendous immigration queues at JFK) everything else was great.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by R Allen    (UK)

DL28, Atlanta-Heathrow, 16/3/15. Party of 4. Paid $99 upgrade to premium economy (drinks and seating package). We were offered 2 drinks and noticed all economy passengers were offered same FOC. There was little or no discernible difference between our seats and other seats in economy cabin. We were given the wrong food which was awful. The video equipment failed and it took almost 1 hr. to effect a reset. Hostess never did respond to call, had to walk up the plane to report video and food issues. Generally a "could not be bothered" attitude.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Tait Steve    (USA)

Flew Business from BOS to AMS in late February. The newly configured Business cabin on the A330 is now my favorite on any airline or any plane. Very comfortable seat/lie flat bed and personal space. I was traveling with my husband and unlike many other configurations, the two middle seats allow two passengers traveling together to actually be together. The food and wine are excellent as usual and the IFE is industry leading. Let me not forget to praise the huge monitor for the IFE. Much larger than other airline's. Delta Business is my preferred airline for international travel. The only areas where they fall a bit short are in the crew professionalism at times. For instance on this flight I was never referred to by name which is just lazy. I just have one other comment and that is I wish they didn't serve a bag of spiced nuts with the first cocktail and instead served something like hot nuts or chips in a dish instead of a bag. Just a little thing but the only are a that isn't top-notch.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 March 2015 by E Simon    (USA)

BOS-LAX, 738. Boarding was fairly efficient. They boarded basically by two zones after all the preferred boarding for the first/frequent flyer/credit card holders etc. I'm not a fan of the zones as you're always stuck behind someone, but at least they turned back people who tried boarding out of their group. They advertise the flight with seatback entertainment on their site, but I noticed after booking they often switch to a plane with dropdown monitors. On this flight it switched to an aircraft with dropdowns, which actually was not as bad as I thought, but not thrilled with how they do that. The overhead monitor showed the latest 'Hunger Games' movie and then the 'Minions' movie, which is as good as I would have got with Live TV on the seatbacks. The monitors seem to be every 3/4 rows. They gave nuts/pretzels out twice during the flight, which is not bad for legacy carrier, and drinks twice. Price was comparable/just below other offerings and at the most convenient times. It arrived early to LAX and had no wait on takeoff due to mid-morning time slot. Middle seat of my row was empty with aided in comfort. 8/10.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 March 2015 by C Trahan    (USA)

Flying from LaGuardia to Dallas, the flight was cancelled without the airline letting us know, then they had no flights for 10 hours from NYC to Dallas. Really? Not even a connection out of their home town of Atlanta. No apologies, no sympathy, just the typical "welcome to New York" chuckle. You would think the airline could have tried to help my family and me for at least 10 minutes without a sarcastic "sorry, but it could be worse!"

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 March 2015 by S Rappaport    (USA)

Generally I like Delta airlines, however they need to have the staff designing connection between small and large airports try to make those flights when the weather isn't perfect. I have had numerous bad experiences connecting between Madison WI and Detroit MI on my way to Boston. I have had to run from one end of DTW to the other end, change terminals, i.e. run from B to A. I am a Medallion level passenger. Delta needs to work with the Detroit Metro Airport to get connecting flights closer together.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 March 2015 by E Blatt    (USA)

I used to recommend flying Delta to friends and family. I fly very often, and they used to do a great job. This past time while flying they disregarded the seats that I had chosen and put me in the very back row on all of my flights. I get very bad anxiety back there and was very unhappy with this. When I kindly and calmly asked them about this they told me that you now need to pay extra in order to choose a seat ahead of time. Flights are already starting to cost a lot more, so there is no way that I am going to pay extra for a seat every time that I fly. I will never fly Delta again as long as they operate this way.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Paul Brault    (Canada)

Never again with Delta. My wife and I experienced delays after delays yesterday March 18 at JFK after our flight to Montreal got delayed several times. It took us from 11.30 to 00.30 the next day to get from Fort Lauderdale to Montreal with a connection at JFK.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by C Page-Hellas    (UK)

6th April, KL6149, Schiphol to JFK. Very poor service on a transatlantic flight. Plane was loaded when staff knew there was a technical problem which resulted in us being sat on the tarmac for 2 hours. Inflight entertainment was poor (some of it was chargeable). Food provided was poor quality and tasteless. Staff were not very pleasant or personable. This was a very poor experience which I will not be repeating!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by Melissa Carson    (Canada)

I will never book with them again. I am currently stranded in Seattle with my 3 children who I had booked to fly as unaccompanied minors. We called to book their flights and were assured that everything was in order. After a 5 hour drive to the airport today, we were told that they could not go on their flight because it was the last flight of the day out of their connecting city. Even after calling twice to confirm everything before we left! We were offered nothing more than an insincere apology. It's like they didn't even care. What pathetic customer service. Will never fly with this airline.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by N Wade    (USA)

I was aboard a 767 from MSP to LAS (economy class), and a 757 from LAS to MSP (first class). Flight attendants were friendly, and planes were clean and seemed well maintained. On time departures, with easy and smooth landings and take offs.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Daniel Glesby    (Canada)

YWG-MSP-PHX. Flew YWG-MSP on a CRJ-900. I was on the 1 seat side rather than the 2 seat side, so I had both a window and an aisle seat. Flight attendant was friendly and frequently came by with snacks and refills. MSP-PHX was on an A320. A little disappointing that the A320's don't have seatback TV's, seat was comfortable and on par with every other airlines First Class on A320's. Flight attendant was also friendly and efficient. Food was fine (I had soup, sandwich and chips). Same as the first flight, she was came by frequently with snacks and refills. For some reason on the YWG-PHX route, Delta's First Class is only $75 more than Economy. Delta is now my preferred airline out of Winnipeg and in my opinion is better than Westjet which I flew home.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by R Irwin    (USA)

Flew DC to Albuquerque with connection through Atlanta. Arrived in Atlanta followed display boards for departing gate. Got to the gate 90 minutes before departure, confirmed gate location was correct and sat down. Sat 10' from the counter the whole time and looked out the window. Thought it was strange the plane hadn't arrived yet and they hadn't made any announcements. Gate Agents were busy issuing Delta Dollars to a bunch of passengers from last flight so the area was very busy. Turned around and happened to see on the reader board along the wall (not behind the gate) that there was a gate change. No announcement was ever made in that terminal that the gate had changed and there was no announcement with out names to go to the gate. It was moved from B28 to B3 literally as far apart as you could get from each other. By the time we got to B3 the door had closed. We found a "red coat" employee across the hall. She made it seem like we were idiots and there would have been announcements made. She put us on Stand By from Atlanta to Salt Lake City, we had 3 shots to get on one of the flights. However it is spring break and Salt Lake is a huge destination point, all flights were oversold and had 30+ people on standby for each flight. In the hustle to get from one location to the other and going to 3 different terminals we saw numerous reader boards that indicated gate changes and while sitting in those 3 different terminals we never heard one announcement for any gate change on a Delta flight. We finally had to buy tickets on Southwest so we could get home. While sitting in their terminal we heard announcements for gate changes over and over and they were paging passengers to check in at the gate. I will never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Jenner Erik    (Germany)

CDG to ORD March 3 and one week later back both flights leaved on time, plenty of food, decent inflight entertainment with a great choice of international movies, would fly them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by A Stanton    (USA)

This is my first experience flying with Delta and I am extremely disappointed. My flight was canceled over 20 hours in advance and I was automatically reassigned to a flight departing 13 hours later. While I appreciate a seat at some point their were 6 flights earlier that I could have been placed on and I was not given a choice. I called Delta and had an associate inform me that I was "not a priority" because other flights before mine had been canceled. She also told me my departure weather was the issue, she was incorrect. She did absolutely nothing to help me on the phone and was unapologetic. My co-workers on other airlines all departed mostly on time and make it to the same destination I was heading just fine, while Delta continued to tell me the weather was not ok. I arrived at the airport at 5am and proceeded to sit in standby flight after flight. As I sit and wait for these flights they are all overbooked by at least 15 seats and I have had several agents act that I am an annoyance when I asked to be put on standby. The attitudes of the agents are generally distasteful and rude. They are treating us as if we are creating the issues and I have offered no apologies on behalf of anyone.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by E Berman    (USA)

On March 1, 2015 my flight from Phoenix to JFK (1247) was delayed due to icy conditions in New York. My 2pm flight finally took off at 4pm. When we were an hour from our destination the pilot informed us that management was diverting our plane to Detroit. We were told that agents would be waiting for us at the arrival gate and would answer all our questions. The agents turned out to be one very disinterested agent who was talking on his cell phone when we arrived and only told us where to go for re-ticketing when prodded. He sent us to gate A53 that already had a line of 150 people when those of us in the back of our plane got there. There was a lone agent to answer all our questions and re-book each person individually. After 1 hour in line we hadn't moved at all. There were no announcements, no accommodations, no compassion or concern for your customers. No food, no pillows, no answers! Many of us had family back at JFK waiting for us and we had no information to give. That none of the 1200 people that were diverted lost it is a testament to OUR understanding and patience. Clearly the understanding was one-sided. No one blamed the inconvenience on the airline, after all weather happens. What we objected to was the total ineptitude and lack of compassion of the Delta personnel. Eventually a fellow came around with one slice of pizza but I found out about that by roaming the gates looking for information. Most of us slept on the floor as there were no cots or sleeping bags given as an option. It is disappointing that Delta couldn't do better. Eventually some of us received a $100 voucher by insisting on some compensation for our discomfort. I don't imagine I will make much use of it, as Delta will be a last choice of airline for me.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by M Bernstein    (Canada)

Delta recently on a finally two class plane from YWG-MSP (CRJ-900) I believe. Total trip was YWG-MSP-LAS. I despise the United ERJ-145's and similar small product that was on international routes from YWG previously. Thank you to Delta for slightly upgrading the size of your planes out to MSP. Solid 757-300 economy plus to Las Vegas. Solid crew, everything was nice and smooth. The 757 had been refurbished, had a great AVOD system. Flights on time, crew very friendly. I cannot ask for more on this route. It seems to me Delta is making a large effort to improve their customer service, and technology and overall experience. It is working wonders, it is amazing how far ahead Delta is of United (my other carrier to Las Vegas through DEN). My preferred US carrier.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Monkhouse Paul    (UK)

Superb flight, very helpful cabin crew who couldn't do enough for the passengers and were very friendly. Food good and plentiful, as were the drinks. My first time flying with Delta and a very positive experience. Will be booking with them again, rather than their partners Virgin who I found (unusually) a little disappointing on the flight home.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by G Lonergan    (Ireland)

I managed to get back home 43 hours after I left my hotel to get my flight from NY JFK to Dublin. Given no explanation, left standing in several queues for hours with refreshments only given hours later. When people in the queue started giving out as nobody had given any information or updates, a Delta employee got the police. I'll go via Aer Lingus in future as I know they would not treat people like that. The flight return was maybe 15 euros cheaper but what a mistake it was.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Calvin Watkins    (USA)

I will never fly Delta again. My wife and I were scheduled to fly out of Atlanta to Wilmington and were made to check our carry on bags at the ramp, 15 minutes later we were deplaned. We had just waited 45 minutes in the terminal for a flight crew. They board us and tell us weather stopped the flight. Don't insult our intelligence. That plane sat in my view for 4 hours and we were refused our luggage. 24 hours later no one at Delta knows where our bags are. We re-routed to OAJ, customer service in Atlanta assured us they where re-routed. This was totally avoidable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by M D Sperry    (USA)

In early August, 2014, I booked a Business Elite ticket from STT to ATL for February 22, 2015. My confirmation indicated my seat number and that a meal was included in my ticket. At check-in, however, I found that Delta had changed my status to Economy with a seat far back in the aircraft. When I called Delta to rectify the situation I and my Son-in-law were both treated rudely. We spent 2 hours on the phone with the result being that I should “ request to be upgraded at the airport. At the airport there was another 30 minute wait before I could talk to a Delta representative only to learn that I'd have to appeal at the boarding desk. A one hour wait ensued at the head of the line at the departure desk while the Delta representative ignored me, waited on other people, and fiddled with a computer terminal that wasn't working. The end result was the same rudeness and no help at all. I got neither the meal nor the priority baggage check-in that I had paid for. The flight was late arriving in ATL and I had to run to make my connecting flight to BOS. Delta had changed my seat assignment on this flight, also. When I called to file a complaint, the Delta Supervisor informed me that Delta changes aircraft, seat assignments, and passenger status without notifying passengers and confirmed that they had sold my assigned seats to more than one person and that these were normal”practices for Delta. I can't imagine why anyone would want to fly with Delta Airlines. Once they have your money they treat you like dirt, or worse. There are plenty of other carriers out there. Based on this experience I can't see myself ever flying Delta again. I know I am not alone, as there were at least 20 people in line behind me with similar complaints.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by A Garry    (USA)

Left at the airport in Jamaica for 7.5 hours only to be told the flight was cancelled. Now at 11pm we needed to find our luggage, go through the process of finding hotel reservations along with 100 other passengers. The next direct flight home to NYC was in two days. The following morning Delta tells us that our flight leaves in 40 minutes. Now we need to pack and get to the airport fast. We flew business elite and it was so disturbing to find that the armrest was broken and that no wifi or TV. Our choice of meal was eggs or cereal? Should have gone coach. The flight was not cheap and expected more. Realizing now why Delta is not our normal choice of airlines.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by John Smith    (USA)

We were traveling with a 10 month old infant. We were connecting flights at St Paul Airport to Kansas City. Our flight was supposed to depart at 7.35 pm. When we got to the gate, we were told the flight was delayed for 2 hours. What amazed me was that the plane was at gate. When we asked then why the delay, we were told that because there was no pilot available. Now we are getting stuck with our baby girl in the airport for 2 hours when we had no baby food left. No more Delta for me!