Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by J Rasley    (USA)

Flight DL0056, Detroit to Heathrow: Passenger console did not work, neither reading light nor audio/visual entertainment. For almost 7 hours I had nothing to do, as I could not read or watch video. I asked for assistance, but received no help or offer to move me to another seat.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by K Kerr    (USA)

Flight 1545 on July 18 did not have the full snack loaded for the first class passengers. So they served a "fruit plate" complete with pickle to go with the absent sandwich. Beware of first-class seats. The front rows do not have any place to put your feet. You pay a lot for a seat with little leg room.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Daniel Rubiniak    (Israel)

Frankfurt - JFK on a B763. Very good experience: Nice seat pitch (for comparable ranks), cheerful and attentive service, tasty meal and punctual take off.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Claudio Conca    (Italy)

My experience with Delta was extremely frustrating. I bought 3 tickets from Milan to Denver with stop in Atlanta. One month before departure Delta changed the itinerary in Milan-JFK-Minneapolis-Denver, which was exactly what I was not looking for (2 stops rather than 1). Too late to change tickets because of high prices. From NY we took off more than 2 hours late, most time spent inside a super hot aircraft on a taxiway, and consequently we were not able to get the flight from Minneapolis to Denver. Rescheduled for the next day, we were forced to spend the night in the airport because the customer service, horrible, was not able to find a room in Minneapolis. Next day we took off late again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Macdonald Jon    (Switzerland)

Flew from Amsterdam to Boston, DL267 Economy Comfort, service was excellent, FA's chatted and were very kind. I have noted that past reviews of Delta are not very good, but that seems to be inter-American and not Delta's international flights. The Comfort seats have plenty of leg-room and are very good for a 7 hour flight, and as they are just behind Business Class you de-board very quickly ! Flight back DL266 was just as good, so I will be telling everyone to fly Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by W Milner    (USA)

Flew from Atlanta to Las Vegas return for business convention. Smooth on time flight both ways, excellent service and professional staff. On the flight back we sat on the tarmac for an extra 10 minutes or so. The pilot then proceeded to the runway. On the way he explained that he requested an alternate route out of Las Vegas since he wanted to avoid storm clouds and turbulent weather. I'm a nervous flyer and I was very impressed that Delta will actually do this. I'm sure it affected there on time statistics and probably cost Delta more in fuel expenses to take an alternate route. I will fly Delta from now on.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 July 2014 by John Wright    (USA)

Business Elite, MSP-SEA-PEK-SEA-MSP. All Sectors were excellent. International Service was fine. Food was good. All Flights were on time and had a chance to use the new immigration Kiosk's. It was a little faster. Not sure why, but got a hand written note from the purser thanking me for my business. I see a definite improvement with Delta. I hope it continues.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 July 2014 by R Moyer    (USA)

No more pre-boarding for passengers with children, really? On a recent flight, my family was instructed that Delta no longer allows passengers with small children to pre-board because there is now a pre-board fee that passengers are paying and 'got upset' that others were allowed to do so for free. This is yet another example of how Delta airlines are cutting service and delaying the overall boarding process. As a business owner and traveler, I understand the desire to make money but this is going too far! Going forward I will research flights and airlines that are willing to accommodate my traveling family. My extra dollars will be well spent on an airline that values service first and foremost.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by E Weingrad    (USA)

I've flown Delta about 15-20 times. 90% of those trips have been work trips where I've not been given the option of flight provider. My current trip to Alaska from PHL leaves me without either of my bags because the Delta connecting flight out of MSP was 45 minutes delayed. Why was it delayed? Because they needed to kick 8 people off due to weight. This makes me wonder if they knew where they were flying before we got on. How can this oversight occur? Either way, when I arrived in Anchorage to catch the connecting flight, I had to run across the airport to make my flight with no time to spare. My bags didn't make it. Well, now it's the next day and they can't confirm when my bags will arrive.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Kashy Daniel    (USA)

My flight was delayed not for any weather or mechanical issue but because the captain of our plane decide not to show up to fly us. It has been almost double the flight time itself waiting in the terminal. This is completely unacceptable and I am disappointed with Delta who have always been a dependable airline. The remainder of staff handled it very well but I lost a lot of faith in Delta Airlines today.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by D Sun    (USA)

Flew DL #231 from Amsterdam to Boston on July 6, and I have to say that it was a great flight. On time departure, early arrival. Very tasty meal (Thai chicken), perfectly adequate amount of food. Nice snacks, first an ice cream, then a sandwich. I really appreciate the large bottle of water everyone gets after the meal service. Inflight service was very efficient, though I think the flight attendants could have smiled a bit more. Seat size and pitch were comfortable, and I'm not a small person. Inflight entertainment was outstanding - a huge choice of movies, both new releases and older classics - that I really didn't want the flight to end. Perhaps I'm just easily pleased, but I found this Economy Class experience to be very good.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by George Thomas    (USA)

SFO-ATL on June 27 apparently an equipment change where I went from exit row aisle to row 45 next to the toilet. Not bad for a platinum 2 million miler! Finally found a gate manager who helped fix the problem, but none of the front line employees can make a decision.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by P Miller    (USA)

Flight 718. This flight was booked almost one year ago. All 15 family members had seats together. Now we are leaving in a few days and guess what? Three members of our family have had their seats changed. When asked to give us back our original seats, the representative supervisor stated they could not accommodate our request. They stated they have the right to change any seat. Well, why can't they do the right thing and accommodate their customer and give us back our original seats and move the passengers to our new unwanted seats.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by N Ocampo    (Colombia)

Flew BOG-JFK-BOG. Check in at both ends flawless, both flights left on time and arrived before schedule, which I think is a great achievement. Service was good, breakfast on the BOG-JFK very poor, meal on the JFK-BOG was much better. Seats were uncomfortable, but we had a great price for our tickets.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Marquis    (USA)

Daughter took a flight from RDU-LAX. Flight attendant asked her to move her seat to accommodate a family who wanted to sit together, then gave her a seat that didn't recline. It was unfortunate because a) by the time she realized she'd been duped, the flight was taking off - and b) she just started flying and didn't know her rights as a passenger. My daughter did the airline a huge favor and got duped. It's a shame since my husband is an elite member who has been raving about Delta's supposed great service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Linda Boumarafi    (USA)

My experience started in Chicago, on a flight bound for Phoenix via Minneapolis and a weather delay in Minneapolis. The experience quickly went from bad to abysmal after being delayed in Chicago. The flight crew could not help anyone with connections in Minneapolis. Although it was still afternoon, the 800 number people were unable to come up with any alternate route. After nearly 4 hours of delay, which included all the passengers deplaning, we were loaded onto the plane after the gate next to us with a later flight going Minneapolis loaded. My flight to Phoenix, which had also been delayed due to weather left 30 minutes before I got there and had our flight gone first as it should have, I probably would have made my connection. But the Delta personal were unable or unwilling to deal with passenger issues like this. Instead, I bunked down in the Minneapolis airport overnight. Meals were not provided even though all the restaurants in the airport were closed or closing when we arrived. The next day, after 27.5 hours of travel, I arrived in Phoenix but one of my bags did not. So while I understand that weather happens, this airline has an appalling lack of kindness, consideration or concern about getting people and their luggage to their destination.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by P McSherry    (USA)

I bought a First Class ticket on Delta from Detroit to Newark. I'm on my third day of attempting to get there. There were endless delays and finally cancellation of the flights the first two days. I was on standby for two morning flights which took off. Delta was upgrading passengers on both flights and left me in the lurch. Passengers were getting information about further delays before the Delta agents were. Delta wasn't responsible for the cancellation of the flights, but they didn't do anything to get me to my destination in a timely fashion. The ticket I got for today's flight is in coach, which is OK with me as long as I get to my destination. Later I got what Delta called a "complementary upgrade" - and I'm thinking complementary nothing, I paid for a first class ticket. The only thing Delta is excellent at is the phrase everyone at Delta seems to have been trained to use (hence, insincere): We apologize for the inconvenience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by M Lusica    (USA)

Traveled many times with Delta and so far one airport layover stay due to delays, which was fine at first until this time around. Had to stay overnight in Atlanta. Customer service is horrible. Flight times change a lot. One time, I had to change an existing flight, but the flight that I changed to got canceled. I do not understand why I couldn't get a reimbursement for the change fee when the flight that I wanted doesn't even exist anymore. Now that I know better, I'd rather pay for a more reliable airline than stick with cheaper fares for essentially a game of chance. Will avoid this airline in the future.