Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by T Matava    (USA)

DL 80/81, ATL-BRU-ATL. Spent a lot of money to fly in Business Elite. Seats comfortable (lay flat) and entertainment system has an amazing selection of options. Food however was so salty and so processed that it was pretty much inedible. Crews on both flights were quite senior and offered good levels of service, being most accommodating. However they all lacked a sense of warmth and welcoming. I am a big fan of Delta Air Lines but these flights were somewhat disappointing, primarily due to the poor quality of food and beverage provided in both directions.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Jeannelle Zantman    (USA)

Everything was fine, however, My fiancé and I booked together and were seated separately, and they wouldn't do anything to try to get us to be close, this is something that many people had complaints, and passengers would switch seats to be with their loved ones. They also made us check a bag. Very unhappy about having to check that bag (which was smaller than the other bags that made it on, and persons that got on after us also didn't have to check their bags). I don't recommend traveling with them. I just wish that they would have sat us next to each other, it makes no sense that they didn't.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by J Phan    (USA)

It's been about a month now since my trip from Milan, Italy to Las Vegas, NV. I flew from Milan to JFK (New York). We waited 4 hours for our connecting flight from New York to Las Vegas. I was assigned a boarding pass and a seat number (24C & 24D) at Terminal 4, gate B25. When I arrived to board the plane at the gate, the rudest workers at Delta claimed they didn't see me on the system. When I ask how could this be, the Delta representative kept saying "I don't know" very condescendingly. An hour before, they announced that they needed 2 volunteers to stay overnight for a next flight because they overbooked. Delta forced us to stay at JFK while letting 2 other people take our seats on the flight that we booked over a month prior. We flew all the way from Milan to JFK, how were they unable to see us on the system? How were we able to get the boarding passes in the first place if we weren't in the system? The people at the service desk kept giving us attitude and saying to us that they don't see our names on the system. I was so disappointed with my flight experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by I Warren    (USA)

I booked our Delta flight in May 2013 for 5 family members going to Jamaica Saturday Nov. 23 and returning Saturday Nov.30. We had three changes to our itinerary the last one was in Oct. The flight from Atlanta to Montego Bay was awful. We set in the very back 2 rows of the plane, not together, but in 2 different rows. We had no windows. On the way back it was the same way. We had our 6 year old granddaughter with us that could see nothing on her first time flying. I'm a Gold SkyMiles Member.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by B Walberer    (USA)

SFO-ATL-LIM return in regular economy. I got a great deal from SFO to LIM. My overall experience was good. Service on the domestic legs was better than expected, with friendly crews and regular drink runs. The crew also responded to the flight attendant button rather promptly. The weak point was the flight from ATL to LIM which was an older plane without personal IFE. However, the LIM-ATL flight was on a more modern plane with IFE and plenty of movie choices, all free of charge. Food was ok, not great but edible and of sufficient quantity. No free alcohol, even on international flights to/from LIM. Transfer in ATL was easy, with airline representatives at the gate to assist passengers in the transfer process. Would recommend, especially if one can get a good deal.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by D White    (UK)

I traveled from Charlotte, NC to Milwaukee, WI and my connection in Detroit was a bit late and there was not time to transfer my suitcases. They did not arrive in baggage claim. But they delivered them 2 hours away in Madison WI on the same day and it was Thanksgiving Day.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by P Fahy    (Ireland)

Flew to New York from Dublin with 2 small kids, Fri 22 Nov and returned Mon 25. I must say I was very impressed. The cabin crew were pleasant and professional. The plane was full and they were kept busy but they really made my daughters feel special, giving them extra cookies, drinks, passing chat etc. Even when one woman decided to go to the restroom a few seconds before takeoff - a potentially serious situation - they were firm but polite as they leaped down the aisle to make her sit down. IFE worked on all seats and while a couple of inches of extra legroom wouldn't have gone amiss it was fine for a six hour flight. A word about the meals. I've noticed many times that the catering supplied by European companies (ie going out) is far superior to what you get coming back from the USA regardless of airline. But that's the only criticism really. Well done Delta. In my experience you're at least as good as BA, KLM and Virgin.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 November 2013 by Craig Saunders    (UK)

We flew from Manchester, UK, to Tampa, and as Delta gold members we were upgraded to business and first class, due to coach being full. It was a great flight, great crew and food, 3 days later flew from Tampa to Texas, Hobby, via ATL, in coach. The flights were again great, snacks and drinks, really good service. I feel if you are nice with their staff, they are nice back.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by B Ayter    (USA)

I booked a first class ticket using miles about a month ago. The only reason I booked the particular flight (red eye) was because of the 1st class seat options. At that time, there were a considerable number of 1st class seats open. I checked in via mobile 24 hours before-no issues. Got through security-still no issues. When I went to board the plane, I was told when they scanned my boarding pass that I'd been downgraded to Economy (not even Economy Comfort) because I was on a complimentary upgrade. I explained that absolutely was not the case and that I'd specifically booked the flight as a 1st class ticket. The response I received at that point was that "Corporate did it because of an equipment change, we don't know the criteria they used and we can't change it." I took it up to the most senior person I could at the gate and got the same generic answer. I used to be a huge proponent of Delta and have defended them countless times to friends. I will never fly with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by A Arriens    (Netherlands)

Good on time performance. Wished to have a second warm meal on board an intercontinental flight then just a breakfast. Very noisy cabin due insulation on the 737. Crew seemed unorganized and hasty. IFE wasn't working properly.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by P Loguda    (USA)

Early November BE flight JFK-CDG. Clean aircraft, competent FA, adequate catering but the Delta lounge at T4 is a disgrace. The complimentary wines are not listed anywhere while the charged offerings are both printed and on electronic pads. Salty snacks only or purchase food. Have they visited their partner, Virgin Atlantic's BC lounge? On time arrival and good baggage delivery. Very limited movies on this flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by P Loguda    (USA)

On time departure despite chaotic boarding in BE due to a seat configuration change. FA were quite senior and not well groomed, especially the purser whose uniform was stained. The FA's were very active with service however. Catering good, especially the pre arrival hamburger. Lots of videos although every time there was an announcement (and they seem to make many) my movie reverted to the French language. (CDG-EWR). Pre departure lounge was Air France which was offering a buffet lunch along with many wines, champagne and snacks.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Julian Leese    (Sri Lanka)

My wife and I flew back to London Heathrow on flight 19 from Detroit. This airline is a disgrace. Very poor food but it was the service from the flight attendants which was particularly bad. They seem to have absolutely no idea of offering a service. Passengers were treated with complete indifference and staff spent most of their time in the galley eating and talking loudly. Never again. Next time I go to Detroit I will fly BA or virgin to NY so that I only need to suffer the short hop from NYC to Detroit. Coincidentally I have a friend who has just taken a flight on Delta from NY to London who also experienced shocking service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Destiny Yildirim    (USA)

I have been flying and traveling internationally for over 10 years and after flying Delta for the first time, I will not be traveling for a very long time. Aside from the cramped plane, I was refused food service on my 13 hour flight by the extremely rude flight attendants until I gave in and purchased food items. The flight itself was the absolute worst, 6.5 hours of turbulence triggered my anxiety and when I tried to get my medicine from overhead I was shouted at by the attendants. Deltas entertainment was terrible and needs to be updated, there were 2 small TVs in front of easily over 50 people. When the flight was over there was a half hour delay and I had to catch my next connecting flight. I will never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by D Wee    (USA)

My 7 month pregnant wife and I flew from Chicago to Mexico on Nov 7, 2013, on Delta flight 8048. According to the Delta representative I spoke with on the phone, Delta messed up and rescheduled everyone on this flight to Nov 8 (without telling anyone, and even though the Nov 7 flight still flew). When we didn't show up for our Nov 8 flight in Chicago (since we were already in Mexico since Nov 7 and never knew about the Nov 8 flight), our return flight on Nov 10 was cancelled. We arrived to our airport in Mexico on Nov 10 to find out we had no return ticket to Chicago. The Delta representative was so sorry that she gave us a single 25 dollar gift card to split amongst the 2 of us. This is ridiculous. Why should I ever fly Delta ever again?

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Fred C Brunetti    (USA)

I flew from Chicago to Atlanta. The plane was full, the staff very nice and friendly. My only complaint: the cabin was filthy, it needed attention and the seats were small, I'm a big guy 6 ft and 220 lbs. The flight was a short one, if it had been longer it would have been uncomfortable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by M Forsyth    (USA)

Worst airline to fly on if you are in the military traveling on orders. First who in the military travels with one bag, that's right we don't we normaly have a few bags and one normaly weighs between 50 to 100 lbs. So why is it that all the other carriers let the military check one bag up to 100lbs no we are not getting over this is the bag that we transport our gear in. The gear that we use to take the fight to the enemy. Come on Delta, get with the program and stop trying to make an extra buck off the military. I guess that's why the military generally uses American Airlines first and Delta only as a last resort. The flight only had a few people on board and when some of them asked if they could move to a vacant seat they were told no.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by S Morgan    (UK)

Manchester - Atlanta - San Diego. Plenty of snacks and drinks served. Lunch was good and enjoyable. Good selection of films, television and music, staff were pleasant and efficient. Temperature of cabin was just right. A very positive experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Tim Masson    (USA)

SEA-AMS-SEA. This last transatlantic with Delta will be my very last. I cannot believe KLM/Air France have partnered with Delta, and I'm afraid I'm unlikely to continue patronising that group unless I'm sure I'm not flying on a Delta staffed plane. The service was just appalling. The seats in economy were very poor. The underseat space was cramped by some electrical equipment, and also very hot as a result. The in-flight entertainment system was not functioning in my seat, or any other seat in our row. The only element of the flight that was any good was the lounge in Seattle which had some space to work and attentive staff.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by J Lee    (Singapore)

BusinessElite SIN-NRT-HNL. Choose Delta only because it offered completely flat beds. B777-200LR flying from SIN-NRT- SIN offers ample legroom when in full recline. However, the 767-300 planes NRT-HNL-NRT falls short for anyone over 6’. In full bed mode, the ‘seat’ tucks into the narrow space of the seat in front of you. My main gripe was the cleanliness of the cabin. Dirtiest Business Class I've ever flown! Cabin Staff were ok, not overly friendly. Pales to any Asian flight crew.