Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 February 2014 by John Brown    (Australia)

Flew from Seattle to Vegas on a "cosy" CRJ900. Service was friendly, seat comfortable and snacks and drinks on offer were good for a 1hr 45min. Flight and bags were first on the carousel, easily worth the extra $70 IMO.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Kupper Julia    (USA)

Feb 7 2014. Frankfurt (Germany) to NYC (USA). All in all, I had one of the best long distance flights in a while. The plane itself was new, leg space was a lot better than for instance on Air Berlin flights. The safety video was the funniest I had seen. Delta definitely had the greatest selection of films I have seen on the plane, although some of them had Russian/Chinese/Korean subtitles, but I wasn't disturbed by that. I know a flight is not all about food, but I was surprised by the variety of things served. The crew were generally very friendly and served the first round of drinks approximately an hour after take off, followed by snacks (pretzels and salted peanuts), a fantastic hot lunch (chicken/rice/vegetables) and tea/coffee straight afterwards. The next round of snacks (same than before) was served a few hours later and 1.5 hours before landing we even got another meal, this time a hot tomato-mozarella sandwich followed by ice-cream. I would certainly recommend flying with Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Peter Davidson    (UK)

After visiting Tucson AZ, I was embarking on my return journey from Tucson to Edinburgh via Atlanta and Paris on Monday 17th Feb. The incoming flight from Atlanta arrived more or less on time, but as soon as it landed it was clear there was a problem with the aircraft. It turns out that none of the lavatories were functional. This caused a severe delay making me reschedule my entire journey one day later. I was offered a hotel - which was fine - and given what was described to me as meal vouchers. These were not fine. They were in fact practically useless pieces of paper. No one took the time to explain that they were only valued at $6. A fact I was also unaware of until I came to pay, and pay I did. As far as I am concerned, if I am given a meal voucher, I expect a meal. In fact this worthless piece of paper does not buy anything on the menu - even a bowl of soup. To add insult to injury, there was no breakfast voucher at all. American airlines already have a bad reputation, so perhaps I should not have expected better.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by E Steven    (USA)

Was scheduled from Milwaukee to Detroit to Norfolk, VA on Thursday, 2/13. Our plane in MKE was delayed over an hour because of weather. Because of that, we missed our connection to Norfolk. The captain said we'd be rebooked on the next flight - we weren't. My three traveling companions and I couldn't be rebooked until Saturday, 2/15, after our event was over. Delta's customer "service" area in the Detroit airport consist of a bank of phones with no human beings present. We were continually bounced between phone representatives and gate agents, with neither being helpful. We ended up renting a car and driving (yes, over 12 hrs) Avoid Delta at all costs.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Robert Wills    (USA)

DL 1169, MIA to LAX, Feb 13 2014. It is impossible to get an upgrade as a Platinum Medallion between Florida and California on Delta. In addition, the system wide upgrades are never available. Furthermore, the planes are smaller, always packed. After flying 2.5 million miles with Delta, it clearly has gone downhill. Loyalty means nothing. If you fly from Florida to California often, and need to try and do some work on the trip, avoid Delta. Their upgrade policy is a classic bait and switch. My trip yesterday was like a 5 hour closed MRI. It is sad to see great airline go down the tubes in rewarding loyalty.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Bastien Antoine    (USA)

February 1, 2014. CDG (Paris) to SEA (Seattle-Tacoma). I would have given Delta a higher score, an 8 out of 10 for trip satisfaction, but the seats on the aircraft were very uncomfortable (the worst I've experienced). The recline was minimal, which made it impossible for me to sleep. I had to remove the catalogue / inflight magazine from the seat pocket in front of me in order to gain a 1/2 inch or so of leg space. I considered upgrading to economy comfort, but only available seats were by the toilets, and the seats were described as having "up to" 4 inches of additional leg room, but no mention of additional recline. The seats are acceptable short flights, but not for long-haul travel.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Colmcille Bright    (USA)

I recently flew to Fort Wayne from Philly. Both ways had a lay over so I flew 4 separate planes. Of the 4 I had a broken seat on 3 of them. Not able to recline on 2 because it was broken and the other I had a broken seat cushion that repeatedly slid off making the flight that much more comfortable as I had to keep standing and fixing it. At least I was able to enjoy a beverage. Oh no I was not because 2 flights did not serve any and the last leg of my journey the 3 flight "attendants" were unable to fully serve the plan in the 70 min we were in the air. I have taken 20 min flights in Europe where I get served fresh tea and a biscuit by one flight steward for the entire plane. If ever have the displeasure of flying your airline I will be sure to bring duck tape, a tool box and a coke so I can be comfortable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Liebmann    (USA)

ATL-DUB, Delta 176 in business class, leaving Atlanta on November 22 and returning November 30, Delta 177.The food was fantastic and filling. I liked the fact that there was a great selection of entrees, both for the main meal and the meal prior to landing. The seat sort of reminded me of L'Espace Affaires on Air France in 2007. That said, it was very comfortable. The only downside is that I was unable to sleep. The flight crew going to Dublin was nothing short of fantastic. The flight crew returning was great, but not as good as the outgoing crew. The in- flight entertainment was OK. While I didn't explore as much on the outgoing flight, I was able to watch 3 movies I had not seen on the return flight. The only real downside is that it cost me nearly double the frequent flier miles to fly for free than it had cost me when I flew Delta to Dublin in 2000. All in all, a very positive experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by George Westgarth    (Canada)

Wife and I flying from Memphis Tenn. to Edmonton, Alberta. Released from the Memphis hospital (after a stroke) on Sunday, flying home the next day. When we booked the flight we requested we sit together due to my need for assistance. Reply "No problem" get to the airport check in we are in the same row. but her on one side of the plane I am on the other 2 people and 1 aisle between us. We explained the situation to the clerk they said "No problem we will fix it at the gate." Result - back seats in the plane no recline at all, very limited space.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Alan McEneaney    (Ireland)

I flew from DUB-JFK-PHX. The transatlantic leg was enjoyable. The flight attendants did several drink runs, although they only pour half a can unlike other airlines. Each passenger had their own personal backseat TV and the movie/music/game selection was fantastic. Headphones are provided for those didn't bring their own. Toilets were clean and hot towels are provided to freshen up. The second leg from JFK-PHX was less impressive. Entertainment is provided by an old CRT monitor in the centre of the aisle meaning you have no choice in what you watch. Expect old sitcom reruns. No meals on this flight either, despite it being nearly as long as DUB-JFK. The boredom of this flights, combined with my hunger, meant I couldn't wait to get off. Conclusion: fly Delta transatlantic but avoid for domestic flights within the USA.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Pym Mark    (Canada)

Flew JNB-ATL-SNA on Feb 6, 2014. Departure from JNB on time though boarding was a bit chaotic. Economy class seating on B77L from JNB-ATL ok. Weber slimline seats are a quite firm and this becomes ever more evident on this long 16 hour flight. Cabin crew most unfriendly and really did not want to be providing the on board services. In flight meals very poor. Cabin crew on ATL-SNA flight a little better. AVOD on B77L very good with excellent picture quality and selections.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by F Lioto    (USA)

I have flown Delta 3 round trips in the past 3 months. The first flight had an engine problem over the Atlantic and we had to make an emergency landing in Canada and were forced to sit on the plane for 6 hours waiting for a new plane. I do have to say the crew was great. Missing my connection, I arrived home a day late. My second flight was normal with no issues. My trip had another engine problem. This time before take-off. Instead of getting home on Friday night I had to wait until Saturday night to get home. The crews and ground staff have been great, but Delta is not maintaining its planes.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

Honolulu to LA, First class. Lucked out got a flight that was inbound from Japan so configuration was Intl business. Normally Hawaii routes get the oldest planes with the least amount of comfort. This was a wonderful surprise. Complemented by a wonderful crew that was eager to please with warm excellent service this flight was a pleasure. Great entertainment, nice lunch, warm service and tail winds.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

BKK-NRT-BKK in Business Elite on B747. Don't fly Delta much and was impressed with the product. Seats comfortable and private whilst seated on upper deck. Cabin ambience pleasant, service attentive and professional, IFE above average. In general a cut above the other American carriers and significantly better than the previous Delta international business product. Only disappointment was not having Premium Lane cards for arrival in BKK. BKK can have lengthy immigration queues and all major carriers provide this 'fast track' card, which is a must when arriving into BKK. I enquired about it with the crew and they were baffled and seemed to have no idea with what I was talking about, as if they had never heard of it. Other than that, very nice experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Bastien Antoine    (USA)

January 15th, SLC to CDG. I would have purchased an economy comfort seat for the extra $210, but the only available ones were by the toilets. My economy seat was the most uncomfortable seat I have experienced on a long flight - inadequate seat padding, and very limited recline. Otherwise the flight was acceptable, the food edible, the FAs competent, performance, on time. Next time I fly to Europe, I'll avoid Delta on account of my experience with the uncomfortable seat. Based on my experience on this trip, I would not recommend Delta to friends and family. I may fly Delta again, but only on short, domestic trips.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

GSO-BKK and return via ATL and NRT. All flights on time and no issues with check in and boarding. All the long distance flights were on 747-400. Although you can no longer call these the "Queen of the Sky", they still give a comfortable, reassuring ride. Delta can be complimented on upgrading their business class product. The fully flat bet is good. The duvet, pillows, amenity kit (no pyjamas!) and IFE are all excellent though the noise cancelling headset had connection issues on all flights. To compete with the Asian and Middle Eastern carriers though, Delta needs to brush up on a few areas. In particular the menu selections and service need to be better, but my biggest gripe is with the bathrooms which fully reflect the 25 year age of the plane and at the end of a 13 hour flight. I shall say no more.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Quek Keng Guan    (Singapore)

SIN-NRT return. DL 622 and DL 621. Both flights were on 777-200ER equipped with on demand ptv. SIN-NRT: Could not find the USB port to charge my phones on the flight to NRT. Hot breakfast was served at local time 8 am, 2hrs into the flight. Hot snack of chicken wrap was served 2 hrs before landing. The odd part was the entertainment programmes were switched off 4 hrs into the flight with no explanation. Most passengers were asleep due to the early departure of the flight at 5.45 am. NRT-SIN: USB port was installed beside the PTV. Hot dinner was served 2 hrs into the flight. Snack of ice cream were served 2 hrs before landing. Crew of Chinese national and Singaporean crew were helpful. Asked if passengers wanted extra ice cream. Self help galley provided Evian water only. DL offers the cheapest fare for direct flights to Japan and will travel with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Michael Martin    (USA)

While the flight attendants on all the Delta flights were nice, I've noticed the planes they use aren't the best of quality/maybe not well maintained and their customer service seems non-existent. On a flight I took recently from Moscow to NYC during both take off and landing the roof of the plane was leaking a lot of water (over passengers). If you were sitting in a window seat (like me) it seemed to leak quite a lot, enough to get you wet. The leaking eventually stopped when the plane was higher up in the air. The flight attendants couldn't really do anything about it since it was an issue with the plane itself. I left bad feedback on the flight and filed a complaint, and Delta never seems to respond. So next time I fly I will probably read more reviews on air carriers and try to pick one that's known for better service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by S Gupta    (USA)

ATL-LAS, December 2013. Main, and pretty much only issue was legroom. In certain configurations of their 757-200, seats 2C/D are bulkhead seats, where we were seated, and legroom is severely restricted. Other than that, it was a pretty average/decent experience. A snack basket, containing the typical peanuts, pretzels, and chocolates, was passed around twice. Flight attendants were courteous. The seat had a good amount of width, and AC power outlets were available underneath. PTVs were also available, with an excellent selection of holiday and other films. Since the flight departed around 9:30pm, no complimentary dinner was served. All in all it was an OK flight, just beware of the first class bulkhead seats on certain 757 configurations.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 January 2014 by T Emmett    (USA)

Flew on December 19, DEN-ATL-SRQ and return, all flights were on time, even with all the delays in the NE. One flight had PTV's on a 757, which was very nice, other 3 flights on a md's, nicely updated with power outlets in economy comfort, which was very nice. Greeted nicely at each gate by name. All staff very professional and better than Delta or American without a doubt!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 January 2014 by J Hutchinson    (UK)

Flew LHR-CUN (via ATL outbound and MSP return) in Business Elite. Pre-flight customer service (via Twitter) was excellent with the one or two queries we had. Check-in, fast track security and lounge at LHR T4 very good - much better than BA at T5. Seats (flat beds) very good, although foot area a little compact - we're 5'6 and 5'8 so taller travellers may be less happy. Pillow and duvet very comfortable. Food needs more investment - not terrible, but not brilliant. In flight entertainment terrific but both our screens skipped and jumped on both legs (we were generously and quickly compensated for this post flight - excellent). Lack of lounge at CUN a bit disappointing on the return. We encountered many Delta staff on the journey - all are a cut above most airlines for the personal, human touches. They genuinely engage. On board service excellent and friendly - on the outbound flight two crew (including the purser) came round with chocolates and thanked us for flying Delta, they really sounded like they meant it. Will definitely fly Delta transatlantic again.