Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Kaval Lodhie    (USA)

I flew LA to NYC on a red-eye flight this past Sunday, March 23rd. The boarding process was an absolute nightmare, and that was in part due to some horrible service (more to come). More than 15 people had to check in their bags, and all passengers in Economy that could keep their luggage on board were having to put their belongings aisles down in the bins, creating a huge mess upon landing. While entering the plane and attempting to put our things away, we were "greeted" by an extremely sarcastic, condescending, and "rudely-friendly" air hostess who would individually call out any person taking longer than 15 seconds to put away their things. After embarrassing quite a few passengers, including myself, who were tired and exhausted and about to take a 6 hour red-eye, she proceeded to call one passenger "cute, very handsome," and helped him out by putting his luggage in first class. A few minutes later, after everyone else was told to check in their bags, a mother came in with a son with special needs, stated she had to keep her luggage on board because his medicines and change of clothes were all in there, and the hostess proceeded to tell her there's nothing she can do except give her a bag for her medicines. After take-off (which was 25 minutes late), the passengers proceeded to sleep (as one does past midnight), and the air hostesses (namely the sarcastic one) proceeded to talk at full volume, inconsiderate of the passengers. As a side note, the other hostesses were quite nice. After 6 hours on a rather uncomfortable seat, we started our decent with yet again, the sarcastic hostess picking out her two favorite passengers and offering them secret mimosas, while the rest of us looked on. Not a good experience, pretty frustrating, and undoubtedly, embarrassing.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Sean Kyte    (UK)

Flew Washington to London via Atlanta. Flight from Washington to Atlanta was fine, drinks service and pretzels provided however bad weather meant the service was suspended. Annoying the flight was full and warnings were given about hand luggage due to the flight being full however quite a lot of other passengers had loads of luggage including massive cases that would normally be checked in. Flight from Atlanta to London was fine, meal service delayed due to bad weather but meal was tasty and full drinks service offered. On demand TV with good selection, would definitely fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Steve Tait    (USA)

BOS-ATL-LIM-ATL-BOS in Business Class. Flight experience was excellent. Great crews, very comfortable lay-flat bed seating, wonderful IFE, superb meals. Additionally, very good wines offered. I have never had aged wines on a flight before. The return from LIM to ATL was canceled due to a mechanical issue and DL had to fly the part down on their flight from ATL the next day. DL did a commendable job accommodating the over 200 passengers. Excellent pro-active customer service. The only part of this trip that was any type of letdown was the Club in ATL in Terminal E. The Club was packed, the seating awkward and uncomfortable, the food offerings pretty bad and the Wifi so slow it was unusable. The BOS Club was great however. All in all a very good experience yet again with DL.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Sauvageau Gilles    (Canada)

Flew Jan 22 from Burlington VT to Tampa FL. They changed planes, giving us a smaller one, so they ran out of seats, they offered compensation, took the flight up to Atlanta GA. No heating on plane, we were freezing, attendants kept there coats on for the trip. No hot drinks, peanuts, pretzels or soft drinks. Next flight to Tampa was ok, on way back the plane land in LaGuardia, NY, put us onboard, waited an 1 hour before leaving while the plane was being de-iced, they had only one truck there to de-ice 3 planes. They compensate us with peanuts and pretzels - very disappointed with Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by T Lammers    (USA)

Flew GSO to CZM through ATL. We received complimentary upgrades to business class. The meal was the best meal I have had on a plane and the sandwich and puree would have rivalled sandwich shops. Everything was excellent. The seats were comfortable and the flight attendants were helpful and courteous. Highly recommend.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Suanne Wymer    (USA)

Our flight to Tulsa has been delayed for almost 5 hours. During this time we have not been given satisfactory updates. We've only been told mechanical difficulties. 5 hours later they are still trying to decide if they will bring another plane. I will not fly Delta in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by T Matava    (USA)

DL1467, 13 Mar, ATL-SAN. Flight operated with 767 equipment. As with all DL west coast flights, medallion upgrades limited to a very few high Diamonds (I am a platinum medallion, and was about 17 on the list for 5 upgrade seats). However the Economy Comfort seat was quite comfortable but more importantly the inflight service was superb. Flight time was 4hrs 15mins, and the somewhat senior cabin crew provided non-stop service. Two drink runs, water in between, and a flight attendant always in the aisle. Special requests fulfilled graciously. This was true Delta service from the heart and was to me a benchmark of what DL can be. Even though I am a Million Miler I was impressed by one of the best flights I have had.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by T Lammers    (USA)

Flew DL007 from DXB to ATL. I have traveled this flight 12 or more times. Most of the time my experience is always positive. This specific trip, the IFE was not working very well for the first 3+ hours of the flight. They had to reset the system about 4 or 5 times. I was seated in 44J (Exit row window seat). I always sit in Row 44 which is the row with nothing in front of you. I am a frequent flyer so I have this option. The food was decent. The mid flight snack is normally just a turkey sandwich and a mini banana. You can normally get one drink with your meal, just ask for it. The flight attendants are very kind every time on this flight. Sometimes you get a joker too. The bathrooms always become quite disgusting but that's understandable on a 15 hour flight. I enjoyed my flight but will be flying Business class with my miles next flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by T Lammers    (USA)

Flew CZM to ATL. We were supposed to leave on 28th January but didn't end up leaving until 30th January. This obviously wasn't the airlines fault so you cannot give them a worse score for the weather. We were complimentary upgraded to business class on this flight but since the plane had landed the night prior, they didn't have the hot meal we received on the way down. They did however give us all the cookies and chips and any other snacks they had. Along with liquor. The seats were very comfortable and the flight attendants were very courteous. Overall a great flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 March 2014 by C Shulman    (USA)

Rochester to Ft Lauderdale through Atlanta, 3/6/14 - 3/9/14. I was very happy with two aspects and unhappy with one. We taxied from the gate in Atlanta, found there were tornadoes in Florida, and turned back to the gate. The speed with which we were told what happened and with which Delta decided to bring us back to the gate were beyond anything I've recently experienced from the airlines. I was very impressed with the kindness and quick solution when I got home after the trip, realized I left a book on the plane, called the airport, held it for me and I got it back two days later. My one complaint was with the one hour line to get through TSA at 5 am, March 9 in Ft Lauderdale-I think Delta blames this on TSA. Overall very satisfied with Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Anthony Austin Jr    (USA)

PHL-CDG-PHL on a Boeing 757ER. Went on a family vacation to Paris back in July 2013. Leaving Philly the flight left on time at 9pm and got to Paris 30 minutes early around 10.15am. Flight wasn't full so I went to an empty row to lay down for the almost 8hr flight. Each seat had TV's in the headrest and the plane had wifi but flying over the Atlantic ocean the wifi didn't. The food served wasn't the best and the complimentary breakfast was a joke they gave us OJ, a banana, and a blueberry muffin. Leaving Paris we had an hour delay because of a storm and when we finally boarded the plane we had another half hour delay because a family of 10 had a virus and were all forced to get off. My original seat flying from Paris was changed without any notification prior to the vacation. Luckily my mother checked the flights each day to make sure nothing bad happened to our flights. The flight was full minus the family who got kicked off the plane. For the almost 8hr flight you would think they would use a 2 aisle plane instead of one. My TV didn't work. For long haul flights I doubt I'll take Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by V Widdis    (Canada)

Feb 25th, flight DL4884, DL4938 / March 4TH, DL5355, DL892, DL4682. I had not ever flown with Delta before last week. I have been very impressed with the customer service as well as the price. Atlanta airport was daunting first time round but the second visit was much easier to work through.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by G Smith    (USA)

Flight 2395, PBI-LGA on a MD-88 aircraft on July 30th. Only positive was an on time flight. Thankful this flight wasn't any longer then it was. Experience was awful and I felt very unwelcome as if I was an inconvenience. Flight crew were young and seemed new to the airline industry. I assumed they'd be into their job and enthusiastic, I experienced the complete opposite. No hello or goodbye while entering and deplaning the aircraft by any crew member. Ticket scanner while boarding was not working so the rude gate agent was checking the tickets by hand. Crew rushed through the safety announcement and we were in the air within 5 minutes. Ok legroom, however the armrests where painful to rest your arm on. Restrooms in rear were out of order leaving everyone on the plane to have to all use the one restroom in first class. Took about 30 minutes to receive my luggage at baggage claim. Overall not a pleasant experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by P Ferguson    (USA)

I have flown Delta for years because I live in metro Detroit. I am a frequent flyer and am in many ways "stuck" but after this experience I am going to find an alternative. I am sure my business does not matter however I think if one person tells one other and so on perhaps customers can have a voice! It is a shame that people cannot be treated better!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by R Perez    (Germany)

CDG-MIN-DFW - great service - nice staff - managed to get me and my luggage in an 1 hour connection (got on the plane 15 min before take off).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Catherine Garrett    (UK)

I was travelling with my teenage son and 3 others on a flight to Boston. We received excellent service from everyone. The attendants encouraged our tall teenage boys to move to seats with more legroom as the flight was not full and supplied them with all the refreshments they asked for with a smile. They gave us great advise for when we landed. Extra cups of tea were not a problem and also came with delicious cookies! Our return flight a week later was even better with the same crew who were interested in our trip and how we had got on with the snowstorms. They again encouraged us to move for more room and once again all refreshments were served with a smile.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by P Parson    (USA)

Long and short of it is that it took a succession of 5 aircrafts last week to get from Detroit to Burlington, VT. The first plane, which left on time, backed into a baggage cart. They couldn't find a crew for the replacement. Ended up spending the night in Detroit (at my expense), the 1st and 2nd aircraft the next morning both had mechanical issues. Customer Service in Detroit, for the most part, is the worst I've ever seen. Rude, uninformed, incompetent, etc. Thanks to a fellow passenger who told me that a flight to Burlington had 14 empty seats, I got home on aircraft #5. I usually fly Delta and have generally found their service to be very good. However, they need to address the Customer Service issues in Detroit.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 February 2014 by K Benting    (UK)

DL002, London Heathrow to JFK, 15th Feb returned on 21st Feb, flight KL6005, JFK to London Heathrow. This is the first time I have used Delta Airlines. The value for money was great. The meals were some of the best I have tasted inflight with a good selection. The entertainment was also extremely good with a vast selection to choose from. The staff were not warm and friendly and the plane was not cleaned to a great standard, there were peanuts down the side of the chair that had been there for some time. The staff did not know who their partnership airlines were and we were advised to go to a different terminal due too this. Flying home from JFK seats were not allocated until the gate meaning on a night flight my daughter was on the opposite side of the plane to myself.