Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Liebmann    (USA)

ATL-DUB, Delta 176 in business class, leaving Atlanta on November 22 and returning November 30, Delta 177.The food was fantastic and filling. I liked the fact that there was a great selection of entrees, both for the main meal and the meal prior to landing. The seat sort of reminded me of L'Espace Affaires on Air France in 2007. That said, it was very comfortable. The only downside is that I was unable to sleep. The flight crew going to Dublin was nothing short of fantastic. The flight crew returning was great, but not as good as the outgoing crew. The in- flight entertainment was OK. While I didn't explore as much on the outgoing flight, I was able to watch 3 movies I had not seen on the return flight. The only real downside is that it cost me nearly double the frequent flier miles to fly for free than it had cost me when I flew Delta to Dublin in 2000. All in all, a very positive experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by George Westgarth    (Canada)

Wife and I flying from Memphis Tenn. to Edmonton, Alberta. Released from the Memphis hospital (after a stroke) on Sunday, flying home the next day. When we booked the flight we requested we sit together due to my need for assistance. Reply "No problem" get to the airport check in we are in the same row. but her on one side of the plane I am on the other 2 people and 1 aisle between us. We explained the situation to the clerk they said "No problem we will fix it at the gate." Result - back seats in the plane no recline at all, very limited space.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Alan McEneaney    (Ireland)

I flew from DUB-JFK-PHX. The transatlantic leg was enjoyable. The flight attendants did several drink runs, although they only pour half a can unlike other airlines. Each passenger had their own personal backseat TV and the movie/music/game selection was fantastic. Headphones are provided for those didn't bring their own. Toilets were clean and hot towels are provided to freshen up. The second leg from JFK-PHX was less impressive. Entertainment is provided by an old CRT monitor in the centre of the aisle meaning you have no choice in what you watch. Expect old sitcom reruns. No meals on this flight either, despite it being nearly as long as DUB-JFK. The boredom of this flights, combined with my hunger, meant I couldn't wait to get off. Conclusion: fly Delta transatlantic but avoid for domestic flights within the USA.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Pym Mark    (Canada)

Flew JNB-ATL-SNA on Feb 6, 2014. Departure from JNB on time though boarding was a bit chaotic. Economy class seating on B77L from JNB-ATL ok. Weber slimline seats are a quite firm and this becomes ever more evident on this long 16 hour flight. Cabin crew most unfriendly and really did not want to be providing the on board services. In flight meals very poor. Cabin crew on ATL-SNA flight a little better. AVOD on B77L very good with excellent picture quality and selections.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by F Lioto    (USA)

I have flown Delta 3 round trips in the past 3 months. The first flight had an engine problem over the Atlantic and we had to make an emergency landing in Canada and were forced to sit on the plane for 6 hours waiting for a new plane. I do have to say the crew was great. Missing my connection, I arrived home a day late. My second flight was normal with no issues. My trip had another engine problem. This time before take-off. Instead of getting home on Friday night I had to wait until Saturday night to get home. The crews and ground staff have been great, but Delta is not maintaining its planes.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

Honolulu to LA, First class. Lucked out got a flight that was inbound from Japan so configuration was Intl business. Normally Hawaii routes get the oldest planes with the least amount of comfort. This was a wonderful surprise. Complemented by a wonderful crew that was eager to please with warm excellent service this flight was a pleasure. Great entertainment, nice lunch, warm service and tail winds.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

BKK-NRT-BKK in Business Elite on B747. Don't fly Delta much and was impressed with the product. Seats comfortable and private whilst seated on upper deck. Cabin ambience pleasant, service attentive and professional, IFE above average. In general a cut above the other American carriers and significantly better than the previous Delta international business product. Only disappointment was not having Premium Lane cards for arrival in BKK. BKK can have lengthy immigration queues and all major carriers provide this 'fast track' card, which is a must when arriving into BKK. I enquired about it with the crew and they were baffled and seemed to have no idea with what I was talking about, as if they had never heard of it. Other than that, very nice experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Bastien Antoine    (USA)

January 15th, SLC to CDG. I would have purchased an economy comfort seat for the extra $210, but the only available ones were by the toilets. My economy seat was the most uncomfortable seat I have experienced on a long flight - inadequate seat padding, and very limited recline. Otherwise the flight was acceptable, the food edible, the FAs competent, performance, on time. Next time I fly to Europe, I'll avoid Delta on account of my experience with the uncomfortable seat. Based on my experience on this trip, I would not recommend Delta to friends and family. I may fly Delta again, but only on short, domestic trips.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

GSO-BKK and return via ATL and NRT. All flights on time and no issues with check in and boarding. All the long distance flights were on 747-400. Although you can no longer call these the "Queen of the Sky", they still give a comfortable, reassuring ride. Delta can be complimented on upgrading their business class product. The fully flat bet is good. The duvet, pillows, amenity kit (no pyjamas!) and IFE are all excellent though the noise cancelling headset had connection issues on all flights. To compete with the Asian and Middle Eastern carriers though, Delta needs to brush up on a few areas. In particular the menu selections and service need to be better, but my biggest gripe is with the bathrooms which fully reflect the 25 year age of the plane and at the end of a 13 hour flight. I shall say no more.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Quek Keng Guan    (Singapore)

SIN-NRT return. DL 622 and DL 621. Both flights were on 777-200ER equipped with on demand ptv. SIN-NRT: Could not find the USB port to charge my phones on the flight to NRT. Hot breakfast was served at local time 8 am, 2hrs into the flight. Hot snack of chicken wrap was served 2 hrs before landing. The odd part was the entertainment programmes were switched off 4 hrs into the flight with no explanation. Most passengers were asleep due to the early departure of the flight at 5.45 am. NRT-SIN: USB port was installed beside the PTV. Hot dinner was served 2 hrs into the flight. Snack of ice cream were served 2 hrs before landing. Crew of Chinese national and Singaporean crew were helpful. Asked if passengers wanted extra ice cream. Self help galley provided Evian water only. DL offers the cheapest fare for direct flights to Japan and will travel with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Michael Martin    (USA)

While the flight attendants on all the Delta flights were nice, I've noticed the planes they use aren't the best of quality/maybe not well maintained and their customer service seems non-existent. On a flight I took recently from Moscow to NYC during both take off and landing the roof of the plane was leaking a lot of water (over passengers). If you were sitting in a window seat (like me) it seemed to leak quite a lot, enough to get you wet. The leaking eventually stopped when the plane was higher up in the air. The flight attendants couldn't really do anything about it since it was an issue with the plane itself. I left bad feedback on the flight and filed a complaint, and Delta never seems to respond. So next time I fly I will probably read more reviews on air carriers and try to pick one that's known for better service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by S Gupta    (USA)

ATL-LAS, December 2013. Main, and pretty much only issue was legroom. In certain configurations of their 757-200, seats 2C/D are bulkhead seats, where we were seated, and legroom is severely restricted. Other than that, it was a pretty average/decent experience. A snack basket, containing the typical peanuts, pretzels, and chocolates, was passed around twice. Flight attendants were courteous. The seat had a good amount of width, and AC power outlets were available underneath. PTVs were also available, with an excellent selection of holiday and other films. Since the flight departed around 9:30pm, no complimentary dinner was served. All in all it was an OK flight, just beware of the first class bulkhead seats on certain 757 configurations.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 January 2014 by T Emmett    (USA)

Flew on December 19, DEN-ATL-SRQ and return, all flights were on time, even with all the delays in the NE. One flight had PTV's on a 757, which was very nice, other 3 flights on a md's, nicely updated with power outlets in economy comfort, which was very nice. Greeted nicely at each gate by name. All staff very professional and better than Delta or American without a doubt!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 January 2014 by J Hutchinson    (UK)

Flew LHR-CUN (via ATL outbound and MSP return) in Business Elite. Pre-flight customer service (via Twitter) was excellent with the one or two queries we had. Check-in, fast track security and lounge at LHR T4 very good - much better than BA at T5. Seats (flat beds) very good, although foot area a little compact - we're 5'6 and 5'8 so taller travellers may be less happy. Pillow and duvet very comfortable. Food needs more investment - not terrible, but not brilliant. In flight entertainment terrific but both our screens skipped and jumped on both legs (we were generously and quickly compensated for this post flight - excellent). Lack of lounge at CUN a bit disappointing on the return. We encountered many Delta staff on the journey - all are a cut above most airlines for the personal, human touches. They genuinely engage. On board service excellent and friendly - on the outbound flight two crew (including the purser) came round with chocolates and thanked us for flying Delta, they really sounded like they meant it. Will definitely fly Delta transatlantic again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 January 2014 by C Scott    (USA)

DL1954 on 12/30 and DL1910 on 1/1/14. Checking in with first class with Delta was nice because we got advanced security clearance. The rest was disappointing. I guess I am used to first class with American. Snacks offered were like sombody's left over Halloween treats. There was no music or entertainment offered.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Michael Decker    (USA)

Flew from JFK to Las Vegas, January 9-12. Check-in was very good even at 6am. I liked the bistro in the waiting area. The plane was clean and orderly. The only real disappointment was the food and drink selection offered with the flight, a tablespoon of peanuts or a shy dozen of mini-pretzels. The real disappointment (inflight) was with the entertainment as in none. The screen was jumping (and audio) as if the VCR was old and the screens had rainbow colors to them as if the TV's were well past their prime. Ok no problem I'll listen the music channels, nothing, not one channel other than the one tied into the screen. I was told by the flight attendant that they no longer offer it. For $600+ a seat it should be a lot better especially since last year was a banner year for profits for the airlines. How sad. This is America's best? Hey Delta pay it forward and invest in your equipment.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by M Thompson    (UK)

Used Delta from JFK to Fort Lauderdale and have to say that the experience was far from first class. Before takeoff a lady got on in a dishevelled state and distributed bottled water after she had stowed her luggage in an overhead locker. It turned out she was an off duty stewardess helping out the on duty staff. During the flight drinks were served and a banana was thrown to the first class passengers by way of food. The only good thing to be said was that the flight was on time.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Radha Manickam    (USA)

My husband and 1 year old daughter was flying today (01/11/2014) from Charlotte to Albany through Detroit. Their flight got delayed 1 hr due to some mechanical repairs. Then they missed their connecting flight to Albany due to that delay. They ended up waiting from 12 Noon to 8pm for their next flight to Albany. By 8pm, their flight got cancelled and got a new schedule for tomorrow. With connecting flight from Detroit-Atlanta-Albany. I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. This type of incident happens for us for the third time. Very bad service of flights.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Louis Ho Nguyen    (Singapore)

SIN-NRT-SIN. Economy. Delta may fail to meet expectation of many people who fly within the States but for international flight, I find they do pretty well. The flight for both legs was on time and actually arrived 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I love their B777-200LR. I understand that Delta is an American airline, so the seat was designed for a typical Caucasian. Thus the seat appears bigger and gave me more than enough space for the size of a typical Asian without upgrading my ticket. Meals were nice with various choice of beverage. There were a lot of choices for IFE from movies to music. Flight attendants were quite nice and helpful. The only minus point probably is long process of check-in at Changi (my bags were checked 3 times before boarding), which I understand due to fear of terror on flights to the US. Overall, it was still a good experience especially the first time with Delta. I would definitely fly with them again for my trip to the USA some time in the future.