Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Richard Winger    (USA)

I just tried Delta's "Business Elite" from JFK to BOG on a 737-700 and what a ripoff! These "premium" seats offer a pitch of just 37 inches (that's less than JetBlue's premium economy); they also recline quite a bit and the result is a wedge experience which made for one of the most uncomfortable flights I can remember. I couldn't even open my computer until my neighbor decided to join his wife in much more comfortable bulkhead coach. Soft service was fine and dinner actually surprisingly good, accompanied by a decent German Riesling. But seating comfort is still paramount and this was unacceptable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by G Stella    (USA)

The gate experience is good, with staff pointing the way. This is especially good at Paris DeGaulle where there are endless gates and lines and confusion. Once on board, the experience lessens, as the attendants seemingly are frequently tired and occasionally indifferent. I have never been hot (not warm, but hot, as in a cabin temp of the high 70's), on an overseas flight. A request to a attendant brought the equivalent of a sleepy shrug. The food is edible and the presentation tries to be quality, but it falls flat with the quality of the food, and the occasional rush to serve and clear. I hate the business class pods - ok for the sleeper or someone doing work, but impossible to talk or interact at all, with a companion. Baggage handling is excellent for sky priority. Delta clubs vary from seedy (JFK) to nice. Nothing as nice as the Air France clubs at Paris CDG.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Paid for 1st class GSO-ATL-LAS. Delta continues to do a good job in their attempt to be a cut above the other Legacy airlines? Flights were on time, check in and boarding easy, food good. Service prompt and efficient if not jaunty. The flaw in the program in my view is the age and features of the equipment. DL's policy is to fly them until they run out of hours and our sky veterans had amassed 51 years between them! No IFE on either flight, an ugly and not overly comfortable first class seat and 25 year old bathrooms - my ongoing pet peeve with DL.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by P Young    (Canada)

I flew from YYZ to Detroit to Seoul, I was sceptical at first flying Delta because of all the negative reviews. I am very pleased with the whole experience. Enough leg room, great entertainment system and great food. I love the snack bags in the middle of the night and bottles of water. Little details really makes a huge difference, the ear plug and eye cover, warm wipes and cold wipes after boarding and when you wake up. Even the washroom is roomy. Flight attendants are efficient. I will definitely try to fly Delta whenever I can.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 May 2014 by P Bainbridge    (UK)

Flew PDX to AMS. Flight departed slightly late but actually arrived early. At check-in I enquired as to whether I could pay to upgrade myself to business class but they said they don't have such a program for last minute upgrades which was rather odd as other airlines regularly do it for a fee. Having said that in many ways I was glad I didn't as my normal economy seat was extremely comfy with loads of personal space. Delta has the best inflight entertainment system I have used with a massive selection of entertainment. Having said that they really need to do something about their meals as they were awful and almost as bad as Air Canada. I didn't eat my main course as it smelt awful food but was supposed to be beef stroganoff. The food was the only thing to let Delta down as their cabin crew were friendly and efficient making sure we had regular supplies of water to keep us hydrated. Id definitely fly Delta again but would order a special meal to see if said meal would be better.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Logan Tresso    (USA)

Flying to Detroit From Tampa on a 737-800. Service on the plane: it was a good experience. Flight Attendants were polite and cared about me and other passengers (unlike United and BA). Food was only pretzels and cookies and a drink of choice (it was only a 2hr flight). Seats were comfortable. Service in the airport-Good service no long lines and friendly airport crew! I enjoyed Delta and will fly them again!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DCA-ATL-DCA, MD-90; Economy. "We love to fly and it shows", used to be Delta's slogan. Standards have slipped a lot since then. DCA counter bag drop-off was prompt after online check-in, and the outbound flight was on time. It is amazing how many seats they have crammed into this aircraft recently, to make money from Economy Comfort seats. The seat itself is reasonably comfortable for about two hours, but the reduced legroom is awful. I am average height, so I feel for taller people. Both planes were very clean and appeared well-maintained for 18+ year-old aircraft. A drink and mini pretzles were served on both flights. ATL bag drop-off after online check-in was quite quick. The inbound flight was delayed by 75 minutes but they made-up 25 minutes of that lost time. Flight attendants outbound were friendlier than those inbound. Overall, this type of service will be acceptable for two to three hour flight segments, and I will use Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by S Roessler    (USA)

We flew from Atlanta to Portland, the check in process was chaotic and disorganized. We had checked in online but had not printed our boarding passes. One representative told us to leave the line and finalize the check in at the kiosk. We got out of line to do this and the kiosk was out of paper, we got back in line and the same rep told us to go back to the kiosk - we refused. There was only one kiosk working at this time! The rep at the counter was much better informed and completed our check in within a couple of minutes. This kind of disorganization caused at least one customer I talked with to miss her flight! In addition, there is so little leg room that it is ridiculous and so uncomfortable. I did not feel like the staff were very friendly or helpful. On a positive note, our plane landed on time and our luggage was there too.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by K Williams    (UK)

Flew MAN-ATL-HNL and LIH-LAX-ATL-MAN in Business Elite/First. Outbound flatbeds on both legs although I found the 'herringbone' 330 better than the 'offset' 767. Food and drink good on both but I noticed that Delta have stopped their wonderful hot nuts on Business Elite (MAN-ATL) but they were still served on First (ATL-HNL). Return LIH-LAX was delayed 3.5 hours due to computer failure at LAX. Delta contacted us (unlike United) so we were able to delay our arrival at Kauai Airport (LIH). The 757 on this route was very tatty with a number of broken footrests and ought to be retired. We made the connection at LAX and ATL and arrived at MAN 30 minutes early. Refreshments on the two First segments were acceptable and excellent on Business Elite. The staff on all flights were very attentive.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by J Katnic    (USA)

Flight 387 from GUA to LAX on 4/26/2014. Delta procedures at GUA appalling! Each time I fly back on this route things get worse. It appears that you can no longer check in at a counter. After taking our 6 bags to the check in counter, we were told to go back to kiosks to do our check in while the Delta employees sat around. If this was a domestic flight I would say there would be no issue. The fact that you have to attempt scanning of passports makes things a bit more difficult, especially if you're not used to it. This process took an additional 20 minutes for the 4 of us. As the check in area isn't air conditioned, the extra wait time left us sweaty and fed-up by the time we made it to the gate. Plane was late coming in. While waiting in the boarding line, we looked to find that 3 of 4 seats had been changed. We went back to the ticket desk at the gate and fortunately were able to get our old seats back. By the time we got onto the plane and took our seats, it was apparent that Delta lets babies travel in the first class cabin. The next 6 hours on the plane were frequently interrupted by a two year old that couldn't be controlled by her mother. The flight attendants tried to pacify the child but stopped short of requesting the mother take her child back to economy with the rest of her family. The screaming child aside, cabin crew service was great. My four year old was again able to visit the cockpit but found little to do afterwards a this 757-200 only had communal IFE. Either watch the screen in front of the plane or watch nothing else: none of the music stations worked either. Food so-so but drink/snack runs frequent. If a drink/snack was requested in-between, nothing was too much trouble. The final act of the Delta ground crew was to bus us to the Bradley Terminal after landing. It took 2 hours from the time the plane landed until we got our bags and I was surprised they were still on the carousel once clearing customs. After all, most other international flights come through this terminal. The morning flight always has customs clearance at Terminal 5. If flying Delta was all one had to do, it might not be such a bad experience, as the flight crews are great. It's the pre, post, and sometime in-flight policies, that Delta management have dreamt up that will make me never fly Delta on this route again. We paid for these tickets as opposed to upgrading, so to say we were let down, is an understatement. Next time it will be Taca/Avianca.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

May 1 2014, Washington DC (DCA) to Minneapolis St. Paul (MSP). I bought an economy class ticket, but Delta gave me an economy plus seat. Economy plus had a little more legroom and padding than economy, but the seat recline was almost the same as in economy - I couldn't tell the difference. Based on this experience, I would not pay extra for economy plus. Delta charged $2.00 for headsets with which to listen to a movie displayed on overhead screens situated every 4-6 rows. I didn't buy the headsets, or food, so I can't comment on catering or entertainment. Boarding has turned into an unpleasant experience, passengers crowding the gate so they can board first and secure overhead bin space. My flight experience deteriorates each time I fly Delta. My spouse is a Platinum frequent flyer, which is the only reason I patronize this airline -- no cost award tickets. I can't wait to fly Southwest or Jet Blue (domestic), or Air France, KLM, Lufthansa international. It seems as though the smiling CEO on the inflight video has nothing but contempt for his economy class passengers.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by M Chiesa    (UK)

Flight DL0187, Date: Apr 25, 2014. More expensive than other airlines. Lunch was served at 10am GMT, 2 hours after departure! They had a lot of time to serve it later as we still had more than 5 hours ahead (going to Boston, MA, USA). You had to pay for entertainment. Many empty seats in first row but you cannot take them without paying extra! Attendant was chatting too much and very loudly and I couldn't sleep. Many broken seats, won't come back to straight vertical position. They didn't have any diet or light soda but Fresca.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by D Stankay    (Switzerland)

Flight 67 to Atlanta, connecting to flight 1384 to Orlando on April 28. My mother returned home from Zurich to Orlando after visiting us in Europe. Unfortunately while here, she spent time in the hospital. Various Delta employees with whom we were in contact were extremely helpful in rebooking flights and assisting her before, during and after her flights, including wheelchair support. She enjoyed the flight (in economy comfort), the service, the food, etc. As a family, we have flown Delta during many years and continue to be impressed with the airline, more so recently with the many improvements they have and are implementing. We will happy continue to recommend Delta airlines.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by James Sturdevant    (USA)

Just returned from: IND to SJU via ATL. First class on IND-ATL segments (MD 90) and so-called Business Elite on ATL-SJU segments (737-800). On all segments aircraft interiors were clean and well maintained and cabin attendants were good. Boarding on all flights was total chaos and food on the ATL-SJU segments was inedible. No food on other segments. Seats not what one would call comfortable or roomy. Not worth the price paid.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

April 27th overnight flight from San Francisco (SFO) to Washington Reagan (DCA) with stopover in Detroit (DTW). Economy seats on flight from SFO to DTW were extremely uncomfortable: hardly any legroom - very little padding, no padding on armrests, and minimal recline. These are the worst airline seats I've experienced. Delta offered a thin blanket, but no pillow. I was unable to sleep. The economy seats from DTW to DCA had slightly more recline, and were therefore tolerable. Delta didn't offer food for purchase on these flights, and I didn't pay the $2.00 for a headset on the SFO to DTW flight, so I am unable to rate food or entertainment (I gave Delta one star for each).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by J Limen    (UK)

The food was disgusting and the fact that I was travelling from the UK to the USA and there was no entertainment was horrendous. My kids had to look at the front of a seat for 8 hrs and my daughter had to sit on my lap but she could not sit properly because there was no space. When we got given food it kept going everywhere because we were so squashed. The loos were dirty and small. The staff were no good, they didn't help out. I wouldn't recommend them.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by D Stewart    (Canada)

Flew Atlanta to Seattle. It is a 5 hour flight. If you want to eat you have to buy your meal, however they do not have enough sandwiches so when the cart got to the end of the plane there was nothing left. If you want to watch a movie you have to pay $6.00. It costs $30.00 to check each bag. Just be aware that the price you pay for your ticket is just to get you from a to b, just like greyhound.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Mark Ackery    (USA)

Flew from LAX-ATL on B777-200, then ATL-CMH on A319. Both legs were great and crew very attentive. First class seat on the B777 was a comfortable seat if somewhat difficult to settle into at first. The A319 was uncomfortable and took a while to find that special spot to get comfortable. All considered the service I got for what I paid was excellent. Bags were first off the carousel and waiting when I got there which I liked a lot. Only issue was the miserable check in lady in LAX. DL also need to re think their lounge policy for First class passengers.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by KimGrewe    (Canada)

The review is for Delta which was our return flight home from Pittsburgh. We were to leave on Flight DL 5217 on 20 April. Delta Airlines has a poor fleet of plains. They were under staffed and had 2 mechanical breakdowns and were unable to find us other flights. We needed to be home for surgery the next day and paid extra to fly out on Easter. Because we booked with Expedia they said that they, Delta, was not to blame (they blamed United). Worst case of passing the buck ever! (Only bright spot were the front line staff - like the desk agents who remained 3 hours extra to rebook all the passengers).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Ellis Bob    (UK)

MAN-Atlanta, Atlanta-Memphis, Memphis-Las Vegas, Las Vegas-Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City-Memphis, Memphis- Detroit, Detroit-Amsterdam, April 2014. All of our America trip was with Delta, and everyone was excellent in every way. From check in to boarding to seat leg room were superb. The pilot and cabin crew were so friendly, the captain thanked everyone on each flight personally standing at the entrance with the cabin crew. 7 out of our 8 holiday flights were with delta and we had no problems with any, one was with KLM see that review.