Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Barry Woolnough    (Australia)

Traveled from SYD-LAX return in Economy Comfort on Boeing 777-200. Service was ok but the seats are very hard and uncomfortable. Had a look at the Business class seats when disembarking and they felt just as hard. Really needs refurbishing.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by C Lyttle    (USA)

A few months ago I was flying home from Chicago via Minneapolis. I don't really care to connect, but Delta had the lowest fares, and I was okay with that. The flight to Minneapolis from Chicago was delayed due to a plane issue. The staff on the ground were excellent at handling the issue, and on the plane they were helpful as well. Unfortunately this was not the case with the rest of the staff. Upon arrival to Minneapolis I had to run to my gate to make my flight. As I got there, I had to argue with the gate attendant about getting my seat. Note, I'm a 17 year old who can't book a hotel, has nowhere to stay, and needs to be on that flight, the last one out that night. Thankfully the man gave me his seat, and I made it home. Staff on the MSP-MCO leg were very rude. I was very unimpressed. I love Delta but it put a sour taste in my mouth.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Peng    (USA)

We are a family of 6 going on vacation from San Jose, California to Las Vegas, with a connecting flight in Los Angeles. We missed our flight from San Jose to LA, and therefore missed our connecting flight from LA to Vegas, and therefore wasted a whole day (1/3 of our trip) in LAX. We missed our flight in San Jose because we did not arrive at the gate until the last 3 min of departing time. However, two of our family members arrived at the gate early because they used the handicapped express lane at security point. The family members that arrived early told the gate agent that there are more people coming please wait. The agent was rude, did not even page for our names, and refuse to wait. By the time the rest of the family got to the gate, the plane has already taken off 2min earlier, which is 5 min earlier than departing time! This kind of customer service is unacceptable!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Brian Smith    (Japan)

NRT-ATL in business elite. The aircraft is an old 747, but renovated a few years back with the lie flat seats, and if you're in the upper deck, very nice indeed. It's quiet, two toilets for less than 20 passengers, and two flight attendants. The entertainment selection is excellent. My vegetarian meal was OK, nothing special, but not bad. It was a smooth and comfortable flight. The only complaint I have is about the service. The FA's on US carriers are very familiar and have a jokey attitude that I think most Americans quite enjoy. I have lived overseas for over 20 years and do not like that. I prefer kind, polite service without the constant sarcasm and humor.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Yelmini Marcelo    (Argentina)

I was on Delta Flight DL101, from Atlanta to Buenos Aires. The flight took of with some delay, and after 2 hours in the air, we returned again to Atlanta due to a problem with the plane. The problem came afterwards. We arrived at 4 am, our new departure was delayed. Nobody from Delta provided a clear view of what the plan was. 12 hours after our original departure time we were still at the airport, and nobody from Delta would give an answer. Last time on a Delta Flight for me.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 August 2014 by M Brokaw    (USA)

Was scheduled afternoon of 8/11/14 to fly from Lansing, MI to Minneapolis, then on to DFW. About 2.5 hours before flight, received automated call that flight from Lansing had been cancelled and that they would call back with a rebooking (no explanation given as to why the flight was cancelled). Automated call back had put me on a flight out the next day at around 1.30 in the afternoon, getting me to Dallas about 5.30pm on 12th. I called back and managed to get rebooked on a flight on the 12th leaving Lansing to Detriot at 6am, then on to DFW getting in around 9.20am the next day (an effort to try to salvage most of the work day on the 12th). Arrived to Lansing airport about 4.30am on the 12th, only to be told that the 6am flight was also cancelled (again, gate agent had no explanation of why the flight was cancelled). Their only option was to put me on the same afternoon flight the automated service had booked me on the previous day. My 80-something year old parents ended up driving me to Detroit to make the 7.28am connection. Complained to Delta and was given a refund of about $29 (which I haven't seen yet). This didn't even cover the cost of the fuel my parents used to get from Lansing to Detroit and back).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Howell Eric    (UK)

Economy, LHR-MCO via BOS. First time in 4 years with Delta and I have to say I was impressed. The seat on the 767 out of LHR was fine (and I am a big chap) with good leg room. Flight attendants were professional if not a little unsmiling. Food service was good and drinks complimentary. The IFE was good with a good selection. The internal flight down to MCO was delayed an hour due to bad weather but we made up some time during the flight. For me Delta is a no nonsense service that ticks boxes without the wow factor.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by G Larkins    (USA)

Delta did not notify me of flight cancellation of a direct flight from PHX to JFK airport that was to leave at 8.30 which had been changed previously from 9.30, until we had arrived at the terminal. Put us on a flight to Atlanta Airport, transferred to another flight to JFK. After boarding, waited for about an hour to find out they could not take off due to weather. We were then put on standby at another Atlanta terminal. We had advised the counter person that we had a doctor's appointment in NY the next morning and needed to get there. In watching the monitor for open seats, I noticed they were asking for people that wanted to upgrade to 1st class. We had paid for 1st class round-trip tickets and were not called to fill in those seats. Because I complained about the service, we were able to take those seats. We arrived At JFK at about 1.30 am the next day. Because of Delta, we paid for a $200 hotel room that we did not use. When leaving JFK on our return trip on Delta, we sat on the plane for 1.5 hours for a cap from a baggage handler to be removed from engine that had been sucked into it, we finally took off. We should have been treated more courteously and not like a herd of cattle especially as a 1st class ticket holder. We paid for more!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by V Pardeshi    (India)

I flew from Mumbai to Detroit with a layover at Amsterdam with the total flight duration of 18.5 hours. The delta flight from Mumbai left about 1.5 hours late and the flight from Amsterdam to Detroit left 15 mins earlier leaving us stranded at Amsterdam. I was then rebooked to fly from Amsterdam to Chicago and Chicago to Detroit, all the direct Detroit flights being overbooked. I had no choice but to take the flight to Detroit, the flight from Chicago to Detroit was being taken care of by "United Airlines".

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by J Allen    (USA)

July 25 2014, Miami - Atlanta - Asheville, return August 3 2014. All flights leaving and returning on time. Clean aircraft. Pleasant flight attendants. Would fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by David Pumputis    (USA)

Took a flight from Phoenix, AZ to Rochester, NY with a plane change in Minneapolis, MN. I arrived at Minneapolis 40 minutes between flights so plenty of time, then we were told that there will be a delay because of mechanical issues and had to wait for a new plane. While we were waiting at the next gate we found out that plane was also delayed for mechanical issues. The replacement plane finally arrived 2 hours later, we boarded and were just about to back out of the gate when the captain announced that we will be delayed for mechanical issues. I arrived 2.5 hours later from my scheduled arrival time. The return trip wasn't any better, the plane arrived 2 hours late. I arrived in Atlanta as my connecting flight was taking off. That was the last flight out of Atlanta until the next morning. I got my ticket no problem, but when I asked about a hotel. They would only give me a coupon for a reduced rate. I felt I shouldn't have to pay for something g that wasn't my fault. So I got to spend 12+ hours in the terminal. Never flying Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by M Seymour    (USA)

Flew late July on Delta round trip from Minneapolis to Beijing and back with two layovers in Seattle (SEA to MSP was on Alaska Airlines code share, not included in ratings). Booked through travel agency. Overall an enjoyable and satisfactory trip. Only item of note is that a travel companion lost her passport on the MSP to SEA flight and couldn't board the plane to Beijing in Seattle, help staff at SEA were very helpful and accommodating, they got her passport back and put her on the next flight to Beijing.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by A Snow    (USA)

I was almost convinced to switch to Delta from US Airways and United where I have status. For 3 of 4 legs of travel, the flight attendants and gate agents were friendly and professional and the service was good. This was my second flight on Delta and I was unfamiliar with their seating protocol. On August 8, Flight 5151 from LGA to CLT, I asked a flight attendant if the flight was full and if I could move my seat. She did not refuse. Another flight attendant arrived and the two attendants had a less than professional conversation. She then walked up to me with a flight manage at and asked if I was passenger (name) and then said I could not sit in this seat because these seats were Premium. It was a false show. The first attendant could have asked if I'd like to upgrade to Premium or provided an honest response simply saying "Unfortunately, no." Honesty, integrity and professionalism is important.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 August 2014 by S Shah    (USA)

Last year I had a flight from Dubai to Atlanta. The flight was supposed to take off at 9.30pm from Dubai. We were told that the flight was delayed 3 hours. At 12.30am, they said it was still delayed by 4 more hours. At 4.30, they got everyone onboard and the flight didn't take of until 9am. Then they announced that due to some technical faults, the flight was cancelled. We were asked to sit in the Airport Lounge for whole day. After 15 hours the flight took off. Overall the flight was delayed by approx 27 hours. They did not want to provide hotel accommodation, the staff were very rude. No one was interested in responding to our questions.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 August 2014 by S Koenig    (Brazil)

GRU-ATL-MDW, and SEA-DTW-GRU, business class. Very comfortable, truly lie-flat seats in 767s for the international legs (maybe not quite as nice as the A330s of US Airways in biz class). My wife had asked for boarding assistance, due to an arm injury, and she said whenever she made any move on the GRU-ATL leg, an attendant was at her side almost immediately. No Delta club at GRU, so had to use the somewhat smaller and more basic Gol Airlines club. First class for the ATL-MDW and SEA-DTW legs was your basic domestic first class. Nothing spectacular, but fine. Decent selection of movies, at least in the 767s.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

Flew DEN-JFK then CDG-MSP-DEN in Business. Was pleasantly surprised as I had not travelled DL in about 10 years. Domestic segments decent with excellent service and meals. Crew chatty and actually acted like they wanted to there. CDG-MSP with flat seats on A330. Crew were okay but still miss the class of European carriers and kindness of EK/SQ. No smiles and rather perfunctory service. Food better than AF and seat much better; Entertainment was excellent with big screen and got about 3 hours of good sleep. Only negative was appalling ground staff at JFK- rude, surly and could care less. Will avoid JFK as best as I can.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by R Kelly    (Australia)

One thing I find really ironic with Delta Airlines is at the beginning of the safety video they state that "your comfort and needs are our first priority" when it's is absolutely not the case, it seems like it's the profit Delta can make. I'm not normally one to complain, however after flying with Delta 3 times, something needed to be said. From LA to NY return and from NY to Honolulu, my family were unable to have seating together due to not booking a 'particular way' despite the fact we booked months in advance! It seems this manner of booking was only available to people who booked in USA as no information on booking allocated seats was known to us (Australian origin). Moreover, we weren't the only people who encountered this issue. Another passenger was unable to be seated with their 4 and 8 year old children due to their ridiculous seating policy. Do it the right way Delta, first checked in, first choice. Service was bad. Rude at check in. Rude and unhelpful at the gate and even on flight they held their tradition by attendants having domestic quarrels on the plane around passengers. Food is terrible, all flights are over 5 hours and only offered 2 biscuits or a small bag of pretzels unless you pay. Some entertainment also unavailable; however what was available were decent movies. Surprisingly Delta can do something right. Save your time, money and hunger for an airline who cares about their passengers needs. This service isn't even worth the $10 you would pay to watch the entertainment available.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by I Hiberman    (USA)

ATL to UIO on DL 673. Flight was on an ageing 757. Paid extra for comfort class row 19. Narrow seat due to tray in arm rest. Try was broken and FA could care less. Offered no help. Food of poor quality/taste. Entertainment system from last century. Crew member makes PA announcement for anyone needing the lav to go before they pull the carts. 10 people queue up in front of my seat and wait. Crew fighting with each other over cabin responsibilities. Extended delay in FA picking up dirty trays which sat for almost one solid hour. Bad flight in every regard!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by C Henshaw    (UK)

JFK-YUL on Delta Connection, embraer regional jet. Terminal 2 at JFK must be the worst place in the world to change planes. After entering the path to the aircraft it became worse as the metal tunnel seemed to be falling to bits, loose floor and walls looked like they had been run over several times. Inflight service was dire and not at mainline airline standard - inflight entertainment consists of the safety briefing and looking out the window. Inflight snack service consists of biting your own fingernails. Although flight was early this level of service is what I expect from cheap airlines like Ryanair, not those charging a premium price. Look for alternatives.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by T Jenkins    (USA)

My latest flight on Delta was PHL-MSP-AMS-ARN-AMS-JFK-PHL. Why such a circuitous route to Stockholm? Delta's service: I seem to be the lucky person who gets a great flight crew (even when in Coach), good food, and on time departures. The upgrade of the business cabin to business elite with lie flat beds was a great way to fully relax and get quality sleep. Even though I am now based in USAIR/American country, I still fly Delta - and know a lot of great people in all of their hubs. Only drawback is their very restrictive FF program. But day to day, I would rather have a good flight experience over using my miles to upgrade.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by J Rasley    (USA)

Flight DL0056, Detroit to Heathrow: Passenger console did not work, neither reading light nor audio/visual entertainment. For almost 7 hours I had nothing to do, as I could not read or watch video. I asked for assistance, but received no help or offer to move me to another seat.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by K Kerr    (USA)

Flight 1545 on July 18 did not have the full snack loaded for the first class passengers. So they served a "fruit plate" complete with pickle to go with the absent sandwich. Beware of first-class seats. The front rows do not have any place to put your feet. You pay a lot for a seat with little leg room.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Daniel Rubiniak    (Israel)

Frankfurt - JFK on a B763. Very good experience: Nice seat pitch (for comparable ranks), cheerful and attentive service, tasty meal and punctual take off.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Claudio Conca    (Italy)

My experience with Delta was extremely frustrating. I bought 3 tickets from Milan to Denver with stop in Atlanta. One month before departure Delta changed the itinerary in Milan-JFK-Minneapolis-Denver, which was exactly what I was not looking for (2 stops rather than 1). Too late to change tickets because of high prices. From NY we took off more than 2 hours late, most time spent inside a super hot aircraft on a taxiway, and consequently we were not able to get the flight from Minneapolis to Denver. Rescheduled for the next day, we were forced to spend the night in the airport because the customer service, horrible, was not able to find a room in Minneapolis. Next day we took off late again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Macdonald Jon    (Switzerland)

Flew from Amsterdam to Boston, DL267 Economy Comfort, service was excellent, FA's chatted and were very kind. I have noted that past reviews of Delta are not very good, but that seems to be inter-American and not Delta's international flights. The Comfort seats have plenty of leg-room and are very good for a 7 hour flight, and as they are just behind Business Class you de-board very quickly ! Flight back DL266 was just as good, so I will be telling everyone to fly Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by W Milner    (USA)

Flew from Atlanta to Las Vegas return for business convention. Smooth on time flight both ways, excellent service and professional staff. On the flight back we sat on the tarmac for an extra 10 minutes or so. The pilot then proceeded to the runway. On the way he explained that he requested an alternate route out of Las Vegas since he wanted to avoid storm clouds and turbulent weather. I'm a nervous flyer and I was very impressed that Delta will actually do this. I'm sure it affected there on time statistics and probably cost Delta more in fuel expenses to take an alternate route. I will fly Delta from now on.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 July 2014 by John Wright    (USA)

Business Elite, MSP-SEA-PEK-SEA-MSP. All Sectors were excellent. International Service was fine. Food was good. All Flights were on time and had a chance to use the new immigration Kiosk's. It was a little faster. Not sure why, but got a hand written note from the purser thanking me for my business. I see a definite improvement with Delta. I hope it continues.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 July 2014 by R Moyer    (USA)

No more pre-boarding for passengers with children, really? On a recent flight, my family was instructed that Delta no longer allows passengers with small children to pre-board because there is now a pre-board fee that passengers are paying and 'got upset' that others were allowed to do so for free. This is yet another example of how Delta airlines are cutting service and delaying the overall boarding process. As a business owner and traveler, I understand the desire to make money but this is going too far! Going forward I will research flights and airlines that are willing to accommodate my traveling family. My extra dollars will be well spent on an airline that values service first and foremost.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by E Weingrad    (USA)

I've flown Delta about 15-20 times. 90% of those trips have been work trips where I've not been given the option of flight provider. My current trip to Alaska from PHL leaves me without either of my bags because the Delta connecting flight out of MSP was 45 minutes delayed. Why was it delayed? Because they needed to kick 8 people off due to weight. This makes me wonder if they knew where they were flying before we got on. How can this oversight occur? Either way, when I arrived in Anchorage to catch the connecting flight, I had to run across the airport to make my flight with no time to spare. My bags didn't make it. Well, now it's the next day and they can't confirm when my bags will arrive.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Kashy Daniel    (USA)

My flight was delayed not for any weather or mechanical issue but because the captain of our plane decide not to show up to fly us. It has been almost double the flight time itself waiting in the terminal. This is completely unacceptable and I am disappointed with Delta who have always been a dependable airline. The remainder of staff handled it very well but I lost a lot of faith in Delta Airlines today.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by D Sun    (USA)

Flew DL #231 from Amsterdam to Boston on July 6, and I have to say that it was a great flight. On time departure, early arrival. Very tasty meal (Thai chicken), perfectly adequate amount of food. Nice snacks, first an ice cream, then a sandwich. I really appreciate the large bottle of water everyone gets after the meal service. Inflight service was very efficient, though I think the flight attendants could have smiled a bit more. Seat size and pitch were comfortable, and I'm not a small person. Inflight entertainment was outstanding - a huge choice of movies, both new releases and older classics - that I really didn't want the flight to end. Perhaps I'm just easily pleased, but I found this Economy Class experience to be very good.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by George Thomas    (USA)

SFO-ATL on June 27 apparently an equipment change where I went from exit row aisle to row 45 next to the toilet. Not bad for a platinum 2 million miler! Finally found a gate manager who helped fix the problem, but none of the front line employees can make a decision.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by P Miller    (USA)

Flight 718. This flight was booked almost one year ago. All 15 family members had seats together. Now we are leaving in a few days and guess what? Three members of our family have had their seats changed. When asked to give us back our original seats, the representative supervisor stated they could not accommodate our request. They stated they have the right to change any seat. Well, why can't they do the right thing and accommodate their customer and give us back our original seats and move the passengers to our new unwanted seats.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by N Ocampo    (Colombia)

Flew BOG-JFK-BOG. Check in at both ends flawless, both flights left on time and arrived before schedule, which I think is a great achievement. Service was good, breakfast on the BOG-JFK very poor, meal on the JFK-BOG was much better. Seats were uncomfortable, but we had a great price for our tickets.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Marquis    (USA)

Daughter took a flight from RDU-LAX. Flight attendant asked her to move her seat to accommodate a family who wanted to sit together, then gave her a seat that didn't recline. It was unfortunate because a) by the time she realized she'd been duped, the flight was taking off - and b) she just started flying and didn't know her rights as a passenger. My daughter did the airline a huge favor and got duped. It's a shame since my husband is an elite member who has been raving about Delta's supposed great service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Linda Boumarafi    (USA)

My experience started in Chicago, on a flight bound for Phoenix via Minneapolis and a weather delay in Minneapolis. The experience quickly went from bad to abysmal after being delayed in Chicago. The flight crew could not help anyone with connections in Minneapolis. Although it was still afternoon, the 800 number people were unable to come up with any alternate route. After nearly 4 hours of delay, which included all the passengers deplaning, we were loaded onto the plane after the gate next to us with a later flight going Minneapolis loaded. My flight to Phoenix, which had also been delayed due to weather left 30 minutes before I got there and had our flight gone first as it should have, I probably would have made my connection. But the Delta personal were unable or unwilling to deal with passenger issues like this. Instead, I bunked down in the Minneapolis airport overnight. Meals were not provided even though all the restaurants in the airport were closed or closing when we arrived. The next day, after 27.5 hours of travel, I arrived in Phoenix but one of my bags did not. So while I understand that weather happens, this airline has an appalling lack of kindness, consideration or concern about getting people and their luggage to their destination.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by P McSherry    (USA)

I bought a First Class ticket on Delta from Detroit to Newark. I'm on my third day of attempting to get there. There were endless delays and finally cancellation of the flights the first two days. I was on standby for two morning flights which took off. Delta was upgrading passengers on both flights and left me in the lurch. Passengers were getting information about further delays before the Delta agents were. Delta wasn't responsible for the cancellation of the flights, but they didn't do anything to get me to my destination in a timely fashion. The ticket I got for today's flight is in coach, which is OK with me as long as I get to my destination. Later I got what Delta called a "complementary upgrade" - and I'm thinking complementary nothing, I paid for a first class ticket. The only thing Delta is excellent at is the phrase everyone at Delta seems to have been trained to use (hence, insincere): We apologize for the inconvenience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by M Lusica    (USA)

Traveled many times with Delta and so far one airport layover stay due to delays, which was fine at first until this time around. Had to stay overnight in Atlanta. Customer service is horrible. Flight times change a lot. One time, I had to change an existing flight, but the flight that I changed to got canceled. I do not understand why I couldn't get a reimbursement for the change fee when the flight that I wanted doesn't even exist anymore. Now that I know better, I'd rather pay for a more reliable airline than stick with cheaper fares for essentially a game of chance. Will avoid this airline in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Trevor Wilson    (USA)

Flew Delta first class from Atlanta to San Francisco, quite possibly the worst flight crew ever, more interested in talking to each other than helping passengers, one flight crew tried to give my blazer to 2 separate passengers before it got to me, unacceptable when you pay to fly first. Cramped seating did not help matters either. A very unpleasant flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Kimberley A Scheffers    (USA)

Delta is extremely frustrating to deal with! We took a family vacation to Alaska. There were 8 of us and we had two stops each way. I reserved seats when I booked the flights. When I checked in online for every flight for all 8 of us I found that all of the seats had been changed for every flight! We were on a family vacation and I picked seats for a reason. The answer I got every time I called was that they switch planes a lot and the seats don't match. I can't imagine that all of the planes were changed! I hope that I never have to fly Delta again! They need to take lessons from Alaska and Southwest!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by K Hamilton    (Ireland)

Marked difference in quality and service between transatlantic and domestic flights, travelled Dublin to PDX and back via ATL and both transatlantic legs progressed well with excellent service and no delays, while both internal flights were delayed, onboard service was spotty at best and boarding was sheer pandemonium. I have never appreciated Ryanair more than after my first experience trying to board a domestic flight in the US.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by K Hamilton    (Ireland)

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

Short flight Shanghai to Narita. Very well done. 777 Business Elite has an odd layout, can't see out window even in window seat without craning neck. Other than that comfortable, nice breakfast and excellent professional crew. Bring that style to domestic flights and Delta will succeed.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Jo Carryer    (USA)

Delta 2366, JFK to MSP. Delayed for broken plane - we were in line to take off when they decided a broken panel light warranted fixing. We had no gate to return to at JFK so we went to the maintenance lot and were bussed back to the terminal. Had to wait for a new plane (another hour). Re-boarding pandemonium. Most frustrating was waiting another hour on the tarmac before taxi-ing await from gate for catering. this was around 11.30am. We got nothing to eat drink except one bottle of water. Arrived MSP around 12.30am. Pretty awful. Stewardesses standing around on their cell phone. Skip Delta if you have the chance.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by George Bosse    (USA)

Flights in purchased domestic first class with changeover in Minneapolis. Lots of weather delays and was kept well informed and phone conversations with customer service were pleasant. The first three legs of the journey were nothing special. Notably, the quality of the product purchased was only that of a larger seat. Inflight service was casual at best and I would not call it friendly. We were tolerated and it kind of felt like we were an inconvenience. The last flight however, had a flight attendant who was service oriented and actually took care of the customer properly and a meal was served. To me this tells me that there is a quality issue at Delta. The inflight service product is not consistent.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

The CRJ 700 service from Halifax to La Guardia in New York is a quick 90 min hop. The economy seats are cramped, but they are on all the Canadair regional jets in economy class. I got my drink. I got my pretzels. And other than that, the flight was completely uneventful. This is when you realise, flying has become a complete commodity. Now how could we change that?

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Roberts    (USA)

This flight was in "Business Elite" between Austin, Texas, and Buenos Aires, Argentina, with an intermediate stop in Atlanta, Georgia. The outbound trip was in early February, 2014, and the return was in mid February, 2014. Measured against other US carriers international performance, Delta was exceptional. Measured against other international carriers, their comparative performance was, at the least, "competitive". Other than one sort of "rough around the edges" male flight attendant on the return trip, the entire experience was quite acceptable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by T Warunee    (Thailand)

Flew Mar 30, NRT to BKK. All flights were great. Flight was on-time and the in-flight entertainment was great. Apart from the meals - some Thai passengers cannot eat beef so the flight crews tried to ask other passengers who could eat beef and changed the meals around. We feel disappointed with their food services.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Leon Pautler    (USA)

Flight 2463 leaving West Palm Beach (PBI) at 2.42pm on June 15, arriving at New York LaGuardia (LGA) at 5.30pm. I was slated to take flight 3997 from LaGuardia to Pittsburgh (PIT) leaving at 6.59pm, arriving in Pittsburgh at 8.35pm. Every time I fly Delta I end up getting stuck in whatever airport my layover is for 12+ hours due to cancellations or delays. There is no attempt to accommodate me the customer with a hotel for the night, a partial refund or even a blanket or pillow for my extended stay in the airport.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 June 2014 by John Arrigo    (USA)

Delta Website froze 4 times trying to set up flight to three different locations. Had to call and set up over the phone only to find out at the curb our flights were changed with no coumarin to us. My pregnant wife and I sat for over an hour (on the curb) for them to correct the error. We flew to our next location to find the same issue with boarding. We sat outside the line for a half hour while they tried to correct before the plane flew off. I spoke to Delta and they said because of the economy they are having issues. This does not explain why they couldn't send us an e-mail showing our flights changed with new boarding passes. The worst flying experience ever. They could care less about you even if you need special attention. Check baggage fees - Delta packs the plane and charges outrageous prices for additional bags.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by R Jednak    (USA)

I just returned from a round-trip First/Business Elite FLL-ATL-MUC-ATL-FLL trip. I really must say that all the flights were great. Every flight was on-time, the flight crews were exceptionally good, the in-flight entertainment was good, but could be improved, the meals were good and tasty. I only wish Delta would update its meal service and add some new items. Going over to MUC the man behind me even commented to the flight attendant, "Is it the usual?" It is always steak, chicken breast, pasta (no meat or fish - just pasta), and a cold plate. I've written to DL about adding fish, lamb, duck, etc. to the rotation. (They actually had lamb on the MUC-ATL flight!) Even flight attendants say that every time they have "fish" it is the most ordered by passengers. I guess Michelle Bernstein has run out of ideas. That is my only suggestion to improve things in Business Elite: Get more imaginative on the meal offerings! It really isn't that difficult.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Robert Coe    (Ecuador)

Round-trip flight from Quito, Ecuador to Birmingham, Alabama with one stop in Atlanta. The check in process was difficult since we are foreigners trying to leave the country. Nothing against Delta. The delta gate agents went through 3 security procedures before we even lined up to go to the plane. I think it was the airport's rules. I flew a Delta 757-200 to Atlanta on a red-eye flight. We took off around 11.40 pm and we started flying over the Pacific Ocean. There was no personal entertainment on this type of aircraft so we were forced to watch a movie. They started serving "breakfast" around 1.20 am. "Breakfast" was a cold turkey and mayonnaise sandwich, fruit, and a brownie. They took they tray away and we did not eat anything else. Around 5.00 am we started our descent into Atlanta. The landing was smooth and we soon de-boarded and headed through immigration to board our next 56 min flight to Birmingham. Atlanta airport is very confusing as to where restaurants and lounges are. We boarded our MD88 to Birmingham. Since it was an hour flight, they should have served us something but the didn't. We landed in Birmingham smoothly.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

Narita - Bangkok, June 13, Business Elite 747. Slight delay due to hold for other delayed inbound flights but all in all an excellent flight. Chief Purser was an experienced friendly (old school) gentleman who worked hard to insure good service. Seat was a comfortable lie flat pod offering more privacy than the first class American 777 I had just connected from. Decent food with even a light second offering before landing. Excellent entertainment options offered. I would certainly do this again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by A Halpern    (UK)

Flight from NY La Guardia to Cleveland OH at 01.15am, email said flight would be delayed by 2 hours. Delayed our taxi to airport by 2 hours. Got to airport to find flight now cancelled but no email communication from Delta, no phone call just the pleasure of an extra 1.5 hours at the airport as they had rebooked us onto 3.20 flight. Staff no training in apologising to passengers for inconvenience - staff couldn't give a damn. Although travelling with my husband they couldn't be bothered to sit us together. So was the flight cancelled for bad weather? I don't think so. Too many additional reasons given eg staff not able to fly as on duty too long etc. We then discovered that the earlier flight had been cancelled too. Could this have been about consolidation. Advice don't travel with them if you can avoid them.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Greg Fitzgerald    (USA)

Originally I had a 2 hour layover. Delta changed our flights to a 4 hour layover. The plane now has been delayed another 20 minutes so my family of 6 and I are at the airport right now for a 4.5 hour layover. This is not acceptable, Delta should do something about this. Fly with an airline that cares. It's surely not Delta!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Gardner    (USA)

We flew paid business class fares in Delta's Business Elite, LAX to SYD, and SYD to LAX, in the forward B/E cabin on Delta's 777-200LR. We checked in using the kiosks in Delta's terminal and went through security quickly (we are both Global Entry/Precheck). The Delta SkyClub at LAX, which doubles as Delta's business class lounge, was crowded, noisy, and inferior in all respects to the business class lounges operated by other carriers to Australia we've flown on (ANZ and QF). For what it's worth, Delta uses the ANZ business class lounge in Sydney and in all respects it's superior to Delta's SkyClub. The flight was delayed. Despite Delta's explanations, the real reason for the constant late departures is that Sydney's airport operates under a curfew. It's the same problem coming back to LAX, as ICE/Customs don't start clearing baggage/passengers until 8am - resulting in people sitting on the plane for a fair amount of time following arrival. Once in the air, the flight itself was OK. The Delta flatbed seat on the 777-200 is adequate, but inferior to the seats on ANZ's 777 and the QF A380 - both of those airlines provide business class passengers with a mattress that is laid over the top of the seat when reclined. The meal service both directions was in all respects inferior to business class meal services on ANZ, QF, and CX. The portions are tiny and the food itself is mediocre. The cabin crew LAX to SYD was OK, but the crew returning SYD- LAX was disorganized, distracted, and not terribly personable. Delta's AVOD system on its 777 aircraft is antiquated. The pop-out monitors will not stay upright - many passengers around us had this problem. The moving map and flight information displays need to be updated. The headphones provided by Delta are supposed to be noise cancelling but don't work well (we both use Bose Quiet Comfort 15 headphones, so it really didn't matter). Given the cost of business class tickets, and all things being equal, the only thing Delta has going for it on its 777 service to/from SYD is the privacy and relative quiet of its herringbone seating arrangement. Otherwise, based on any other criteria you choose to use, Delta's product is inferior compared to the other carriers we have flown on to/from Australia and New Zealand (ANZ, QF, and CX). We can't recommend Delta for business class to/from Sydney.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 June 2014 by A Whitehouse    (UK)

I flew from Heathrow to Seattle. To be honest, I was dreading the flight as I had read some really bad reviews of Delta. But it was excellent. The seat back screens were the biggest I have seen in Economy - with a great selection of films, TV shows and music. The food, whilst being obviously "airline food" was nice enough and lots of it. They listed only one meal - lunch - on the website but they served two more rounds of snacks throughout the flight - an ok sandwich and a really nice calzone. The staff were really friendly as well. Again, I was dreading the service as a lot of other reviews mentioned their bad attitude. But the ones on my flight were lovely. Not sure if this is a sign of better things to come from Delta, or by the fact that the route is brand new for them, but it was a great flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by J Phillip    (USA)

I was a bit stubborn about flying Delta for the first time since I'm a fan of Frontier and I don't fly very often about once every three to four years. I took flight 1531 from MSP to BWI and I was very impressed. We left on time and the crew was friendly. After this experience, I am very eager to fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 June 2014 by D Wolters    (Australia)

JFK-LHR. Had a great on time flight out of JFK with Delta. I found the service friendly and food was great. Constantly coming through the cabin with refreshments, certainly not dehydrated at the end of the flight. Only criticism was when we were coming in to land into London, the cabin crew did not ask passengers to raise their closed window blinds, which made me feel a little unsafe sitting in the middle seats, as I couldn't see what was going on outside during landing. The flight attendant told me after it's not US policy to raise the window blinds, Delta why not just make it part of your safety policy. Would fly them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 June 2014 by William Reid    (USA)

My wife and I fly frequently and over the last couple of years have found ourselves on Delta a couple of times. Each of the prior trips found delays, once missing a connecting flight due directly to the incompetence of Delta personnel. I wrote this off I. The past, but today is the final straw. We flew from San Antonio to Atlanta to catch a connecting flight to Milan for a long awaited vacation. As we were boarding the 767 in Atlanta, I noticed the port engine nacelle was open. Once we were buckled in the captain announced that maintenance was waiting on a part and it would take up to an hour to depart. An hour goes by and they have the part, but they can't get it installed. Another hour goes by. They're still trying to fix it. More excuses, more delays. Never again, Delta, this was strike three!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 June 2014 by G Paul    (USA)

DL 1134, PBI-ATL. Great ground experience. Inbound flight late, prior to equipment arrival, gate agents asked for volunteers to check baggage at no charge to destination to speed up boarding and ease overheads. Turn around was 25 minutes gate arrival-departure. Plane was clean, crew greeted boarding passengers with genuine smiles. They assisted loading overheads with no attitude. In flight, they chatted with passengers. Crew even made the cart in aisle/trip to lav a pleasant game of I move/you move. I was in a time warp. Flying was fun. Three more flights on Delta that week were routine, but what an experience this one flight was.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 June 2014 by S Kittle    (USA)

Our flight from Fairbanks to Minneapolis was a great flight with great service. On our return flights the service was great. However, the flight was very hot. Multiple passengers complained and nothing was done on 2 separate flights. Given a choice I will not fly Delta again, I didn't appreciate the two four hour sauna flights. I was dressed in sandals, shorts, T shirt.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Scerbo Paola    (USA)

On May 22, after a 6-hour delay, 5 alerts, and us waiting with hope at the terminal, flight 5030 to Atlanta was canceled. And as per airport security and Delta counter, the flight was canceled due to radar failure. This cancellation caused us to miss our connecting flight to Lima, Peru. On same day Delta re-booked flight to Atlanta departing from another airport and for a later time. To get to this airport cost us $175.00. However, once at the airport we begged to Delta to get us on a flight to Lima, Peru, instead Delta personnel there and over the phone, made a mockery of our request by pretending to help us when in reality they were just wasting our time. In the meantime our newly re-booked flight was delayed for approximate 3 hrs, and we arrived to Atlanta at midnight. Next day on 05/23 we finally traveled to Lima, Peru, but it was too late. We will never consider Delta for future travel.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by A Wong    (Canada)

Considering how Delta Airlines was an American Air carrier, I initially wasn't expecting much and imagined that service would be mediocre, sort of like Air Canada, but to my surprise, my Delta experience was great! Staff were polite, the flights were punctual with my returning flight from MSP-YVR being about 15 minutes late due to a computer that needed replacement. Other than the fact that they should really replace/refurbish those A319s, my flight was very pleasant.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 June 2014 by E Brown    (USA)

Travelled MSP-LHR, AMS-MSP in May 2014. Flights were on time. Flight attendants responsive enough and food was okay. Economy comfort seats provide decent legroom. I travel with Delta quite a bit and rarely have problems. They get you to your destination reliably for a decent price.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Gerasenkov Andrey    (USA)

JFK-LAX on a 757-200 in Business on May 17, angled seats with ample leg room, excellent service, then onward to HNL on a 757-300 in First: seats comparable to Premium Economy as far as the leg room goes, poor recline, the service was excellent though, large screen IFE, good food and drinks. May 25, HNL-LAX on an aged 767-200 in First, same poor seat recline but good food and service, old-style IFE. May 26 LAX-NYC on a 767-300ER Business Elite, outstanding newly refurbished cabin, flat bed seats, outstanding food and service. The only complaint - never - ending turbulence but that was not airline's fault of course. To sum up, Delta's First Class is not worth the money, I will stick to premium economy instead in the future, and the Business Elite is simply outstanding for a Domestic flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 May 2014 by M Neave    (UK)

Third long haul flight with Delta, LHR-ATL-TPA-ATL-LHR, all flights on time, first transatlantic flight they run out of food selections so only had pasta left which looked rather unappetising. Good selection of movies and games on the long haul flights, seats were comfortable with good legroom. My only gripe is Atlanta airport, why do you have to queue to go through security after getting off an international flight to connect with your next plane, not Deltas fault but never had to do this before.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by M Duplock    (UK)

LHR-JFK (Virgin) then JFK-DTW with Delta Connection (Returned on the same route and carriers 10 days later. Held up at JFK both ways for 12 hours due to weather, not Delta's fault, but our return connection to LHR was rebooked without our knowledge due to our late departure from DTW. This resulted in a rush to try and make the connection only to be told we were off the flight and rebooked for the following morning. Delta then did not issue us with the correct tickets, resulting in a 4am nailbiter with Virgin check in as they tried to figure our what Delta had done. I am trying to plan my next trip to DTW to avoid Delta connections due to this.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by S Andes    (USA)

Travelled to London with my mom JFK-LHR via a Boeing 767-400ER, on DL 403 which was an evening flight. Everything went very pleasant from food service, to inflight entertainment, seat comfort and cabin crew, as well as cabin cleanliness. My complain would be our return flight which was rather a Boeing 767-300 aircraft. The Cabin was not clean and very narrow, bathrooms have some odor and seats were comfortable even for a seven hour flight. Everything else went ok, the crew looked exhausted and smiled less, they were friendly and very caring. Also to mention, food portions are quite small and selections must be thought carefully. If it was not for their 767-300 plane, everything went very well. I prefer better other airlines notably American, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic as a better option for economy, especially with AA's B777-200ER which was their major upgrade.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 May 2014 by L Zipf    (USA)

Very disappointed with Delta Airlines. I try to plan and budget for everything and was very irritated when I checked two bags for $25 each - Delta Advertises on the back of your ticket "Your first checked bag is always free" (within their recommended size and under 50lbs checked their website prior to our trip to avoid charges). I don't care if you charge me for my luggage but seriously don't advertise one thing and say another. If you book your tickets 6 months in advance and you pick your seats on that airplane and the plane is empty when you pick them, you should at least be able to sit next to your significant other - but don't bother its a waste of time. Pleased with the flight crew and flight attendants kudos to them for positive attitudes. However I don't think I will be flying with delta anytime soon.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Amarel Saieg    (USA)

Boy are we never going to fly Delta ever again. Our first experience with Delta involved our honeymoon - they overbooked our flight to go to Jackson Hole, so they re routed us to a different airport and set us up with a car service to take us to Jackson Hole (this delayed our trip about 5-6 hours, and we were driving through Yellowstone Park in pitch black to our cabin). They also gave us Delta vouchers to put towards a ticket for our next flight. So we bought tickets to visit family overseas later with our vouchers and it was the biggest mistake of our lives. Our connecting flight was delayed because of weather- but they just kept pushing the time every 10 minutes making you think you would be able to really make it to our connecting international flight at JFK. We got on the plane 5 hours late, and made it to the gate at JFK for our flight about 10 minutes before it was scheduled to depart. Well they didn't let us board the plane because they closed the door already (ok, fine, they said it was a security issue) so we watched our plane take off without us, and mind you its already midnight at this point. So we are directed by the staff to go to the Delta counter, so we did that. There was one woman at the desk that was eager to leave, and she said that the next flight was overbooked by 16 people (no surprise, we noticed that Delta tends to overbook their flights and basically makes people take one of their stupid vouchers just to re-experience Delta again) and that she could put us on a flight with one connection - but we would basically be getting to our destination 3 days later than we were originally supposed to. We are on vacation time off work, and are going overseas to a country that is far away to see close family, so every minute counts - she handed us what looked to be tickets, but later we found out were just itineraries. So we could not go back through TSA to the "nicer" part of the terminal where there were comfortable chairs and food because we didn't have official tickets. Panic set in and were stranded at the airport with only 2 stalls available to go to the bathroom and no where to comfortably sit. My mom was able to get tickets for us on the flight that was supposedly overbooked, and she was also told that we would get reimbursed for a hotel room should we choose to get one. There were no Delta agents at airport that could help us with anything. We contacted Delta to try to get reimbursed and we were sent in circles, no manager available to help etc, kept telling us to visit the Delta site and use the number there - even though we already did that, they accused us of basically making up the fact that someone told us we would get reimbursed? So after 2 hours of getting no where we were fed up. Many other people I know have had bad experiences with Delta , they warned us before we booked with them. I heard many people at the various airports we were at saying they will never fly Delta again, and I agree.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 May 2014 by T Tsai    (Canada)

YUL-JFK-NRT-HKG. It was my first time flying Delta. I usually fly Japan Airlines or any other Asian airlines because of all the bad experiences I had with US based Airlines. From the check in agent, I was greeted with a big smile. The planes were clean, flight attendants full of energy and smile. To my surprise, the captain apologize for the slight delay we had from JFK to Narita. That is something you hear only on Asian Airlines. The seats were comfortable for economy and the food was great!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Kara Clement    (Canada)

Worst experience ever! Cancelled our connecting flight out of JFK leaving us stranded at their hell hole of a terminal for 20 hours and telling us that the next available flight was almost 3 days later. Employees spent their time sleeping, chatting with one another or doodling on notepads. Bathrooms were disgusting. Every employee gave us different and conflicting information or showed no interest in helping us at all. Lost our bag and then told us that they wouldn't ship it to us we had to drive back to our final airport destination and pick it up. I will never fly with Delta ever again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Return leg of a paid first class ticket LAS-ATL-GSO. Seemed like circumstances were lining up to give my wife and I a major headache - Bad weather on the East Coast, late (mechanical not weather) departure from LAS, tight connection in ATL and no seats ex LAS going anywhere East. Helpful agent and supervisor booked hotel in ATL in case we misconnected but we didn't need to have worried, a fine tailwind got us to ATL in time for our connection. Newer planes on these 2 legs; the aircraft on the LAS-ATL leg even had a rudimentary IFE system. However my joy was short lived as my headphone jack didn't work and I was denied the opportunity to watch reruns of a few TV programs. Food was fair (basically the same as the outbound journey), seat comfortable, service attentive, ground staff throughout helpful and efficient. I'll stick with Delta through this purple patch they are enjoying.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by B Sayyar    (USA)

All flights delayed some due to weather others to "no staff for flight crew". Missed all connection flights. Help desk staff extremely rude and condescending, especially in JFK. Will never ever fly this airline again. Info given by crew 10 min before landing late regarding new gate and terminal incorrect.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Richard Winger    (USA)

I just tried Delta's "Business Elite" from JFK to BOG on a 737-700 and what a ripoff! These "premium" seats offer a pitch of just 37 inches (that's less than JetBlue's premium economy); they also recline quite a bit and the result is a wedge experience which made for one of the most uncomfortable flights I can remember. I couldn't even open my computer until my neighbor decided to join his wife in much more comfortable bulkhead coach. Soft service was fine and dinner actually surprisingly good, accompanied by a decent German Riesling. But seating comfort is still paramount and this was unacceptable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by G Stella    (USA)

The gate experience is good, with staff pointing the way. This is especially good at Paris DeGaulle where there are endless gates and lines and confusion. Once on board, the experience lessens, as the attendants seemingly are frequently tired and occasionally indifferent. I have never been hot (not warm, but hot, as in a cabin temp of the high 70's), on an overseas flight. A request to a attendant brought the equivalent of a sleepy shrug. The food is edible and the presentation tries to be quality, but it falls flat with the quality of the food, and the occasional rush to serve and clear. I hate the business class pods - ok for the sleeper or someone doing work, but impossible to talk or interact at all, with a companion. Baggage handling is excellent for sky priority. Delta clubs vary from seedy (JFK) to nice. Nothing as nice as the Air France clubs at Paris CDG.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 May 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Paid for 1st class GSO-ATL-LAS. Delta continues to do a good job in their attempt to be a cut above the other Legacy airlines? Flights were on time, check in and boarding easy, food good. Service prompt and efficient if not jaunty. The flaw in the program in my view is the age and features of the equipment. DL's policy is to fly them until they run out of hours and our sky veterans had amassed 51 years between them! No IFE on either flight, an ugly and not overly comfortable first class seat and 25 year old bathrooms - my ongoing pet peeve with DL.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 May 2014 by P Young    (Canada)

I flew from YYZ to Detroit to Seoul, I was sceptical at first flying Delta because of all the negative reviews. I am very pleased with the whole experience. Enough leg room, great entertainment system and great food. I love the snack bags in the middle of the night and bottles of water. Little details really makes a huge difference, the ear plug and eye cover, warm wipes and cold wipes after boarding and when you wake up. Even the washroom is roomy. Flight attendants are efficient. I will definitely try to fly Delta whenever I can.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 May 2014 by P Bainbridge    (UK)

Flew PDX to AMS. Flight departed slightly late but actually arrived early. At check-in I enquired as to whether I could pay to upgrade myself to business class but they said they don't have such a program for last minute upgrades which was rather odd as other airlines regularly do it for a fee. Having said that in many ways I was glad I didn't as my normal economy seat was extremely comfy with loads of personal space. Delta has the best inflight entertainment system I have used with a massive selection of entertainment. Having said that they really need to do something about their meals as they were awful and almost as bad as Air Canada. I didn't eat my main course as it smelt awful food but was supposed to be beef stroganoff. The food was the only thing to let Delta down as their cabin crew were friendly and efficient making sure we had regular supplies of water to keep us hydrated. Id definitely fly Delta again but would order a special meal to see if said meal would be better.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Logan Tresso    (USA)

Flying to Detroit From Tampa on a 737-800. Service on the plane: it was a good experience. Flight Attendants were polite and cared about me and other passengers (unlike United and BA). Food was only pretzels and cookies and a drink of choice (it was only a 2hr flight). Seats were comfortable. Service in the airport-Good service no long lines and friendly airport crew! I enjoyed Delta and will fly them again!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DCA-ATL-DCA, MD-90; Economy. "We love to fly and it shows", used to be Delta's slogan. Standards have slipped a lot since then. DCA counter bag drop-off was prompt after online check-in, and the outbound flight was on time. It is amazing how many seats they have crammed into this aircraft recently, to make money from Economy Comfort seats. The seat itself is reasonably comfortable for about two hours, but the reduced legroom is awful. I am average height, so I feel for taller people. Both planes were very clean and appeared well-maintained for 18+ year-old aircraft. A drink and mini pretzles were served on both flights. ATL bag drop-off after online check-in was quite quick. The inbound flight was delayed by 75 minutes but they made-up 25 minutes of that lost time. Flight attendants outbound were friendlier than those inbound. Overall, this type of service will be acceptable for two to three hour flight segments, and I will use Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by S Roessler    (USA)

We flew from Atlanta to Portland, the check in process was chaotic and disorganized. We had checked in online but had not printed our boarding passes. One representative told us to leave the line and finalize the check in at the kiosk. We got out of line to do this and the kiosk was out of paper, we got back in line and the same rep told us to go back to the kiosk - we refused. There was only one kiosk working at this time! The rep at the counter was much better informed and completed our check in within a couple of minutes. This kind of disorganization caused at least one customer I talked with to miss her flight! In addition, there is so little leg room that it is ridiculous and so uncomfortable. I did not feel like the staff were very friendly or helpful. On a positive note, our plane landed on time and our luggage was there too.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by K Williams    (UK)

Flew MAN-ATL-HNL and LIH-LAX-ATL-MAN in Business Elite/First. Outbound flatbeds on both legs although I found the 'herringbone' 330 better than the 'offset' 767. Food and drink good on both but I noticed that Delta have stopped their wonderful hot nuts on Business Elite (MAN-ATL) but they were still served on First (ATL-HNL). Return LIH-LAX was delayed 3.5 hours due to computer failure at LAX. Delta contacted us (unlike United) so we were able to delay our arrival at Kauai Airport (LIH). The 757 on this route was very tatty with a number of broken footrests and ought to be retired. We made the connection at LAX and ATL and arrived at MAN 30 minutes early. Refreshments on the two First segments were acceptable and excellent on Business Elite. The staff on all flights were very attentive.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by J Katnic    (USA)

Flight 387 from GUA to LAX on 4/26/2014. Delta procedures at GUA appalling! Each time I fly back on this route things get worse. It appears that you can no longer check in at a counter. After taking our 6 bags to the check in counter, we were told to go back to kiosks to do our check in while the Delta employees sat around. If this was a domestic flight I would say there would be no issue. The fact that you have to attempt scanning of passports makes things a bit more difficult, especially if you're not used to it. This process took an additional 20 minutes for the 4 of us. As the check in area isn't air conditioned, the extra wait time left us sweaty and fed-up by the time we made it to the gate. Plane was late coming in. While waiting in the boarding line, we looked to find that 3 of 4 seats had been changed. We went back to the ticket desk at the gate and fortunately were able to get our old seats back. By the time we got onto the plane and took our seats, it was apparent that Delta lets babies travel in the first class cabin. The next 6 hours on the plane were frequently interrupted by a two year old that couldn't be controlled by her mother. The flight attendants tried to pacify the child but stopped short of requesting the mother take her child back to economy with the rest of her family. The screaming child aside, cabin crew service was great. My four year old was again able to visit the cockpit but found little to do afterwards a this 757-200 only had communal IFE. Either watch the screen in front of the plane or watch nothing else: none of the music stations worked either. Food so-so but drink/snack runs frequent. If a drink/snack was requested in-between, nothing was too much trouble. The final act of the Delta ground crew was to bus us to the Bradley Terminal after landing. It took 2 hours from the time the plane landed until we got our bags and I was surprised they were still on the carousel once clearing customs. After all, most other international flights come through this terminal. The morning flight always has customs clearance at Terminal 5. If flying Delta was all one had to do, it might not be such a bad experience, as the flight crews are great. It's the pre, post, and sometime in-flight policies, that Delta management have dreamt up that will make me never fly Delta on this route again. We paid for these tickets as opposed to upgrading, so to say we were let down, is an understatement. Next time it will be Taca/Avianca.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

May 1 2014, Washington DC (DCA) to Minneapolis St. Paul (MSP). I bought an economy class ticket, but Delta gave me an economy plus seat. Economy plus had a little more legroom and padding than economy, but the seat recline was almost the same as in economy - I couldn't tell the difference. Based on this experience, I would not pay extra for economy plus. Delta charged $2.00 for headsets with which to listen to a movie displayed on overhead screens situated every 4-6 rows. I didn't buy the headsets, or food, so I can't comment on catering or entertainment. Boarding has turned into an unpleasant experience, passengers crowding the gate so they can board first and secure overhead bin space. My flight experience deteriorates each time I fly Delta. My spouse is a Platinum frequent flyer, which is the only reason I patronize this airline -- no cost award tickets. I can't wait to fly Southwest or Jet Blue (domestic), or Air France, KLM, Lufthansa international. It seems as though the smiling CEO on the inflight video has nothing but contempt for his economy class passengers.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by M Chiesa    (UK)

Flight DL0187, Date: Apr 25, 2014. More expensive than other airlines. Lunch was served at 10am GMT, 2 hours after departure! They had a lot of time to serve it later as we still had more than 5 hours ahead (going to Boston, MA, USA). You had to pay for entertainment. Many empty seats in first row but you cannot take them without paying extra! Attendant was chatting too much and very loudly and I couldn't sleep. Many broken seats, won't come back to straight vertical position. They didn't have any diet or light soda but Fresca.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by D Stankay    (Switzerland)

Flight 67 to Atlanta, connecting to flight 1384 to Orlando on April 28. My mother returned home from Zurich to Orlando after visiting us in Europe. Unfortunately while here, she spent time in the hospital. Various Delta employees with whom we were in contact were extremely helpful in rebooking flights and assisting her before, during and after her flights, including wheelchair support. She enjoyed the flight (in economy comfort), the service, the food, etc. As a family, we have flown Delta during many years and continue to be impressed with the airline, more so recently with the many improvements they have and are implementing. We will happy continue to recommend Delta airlines.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by James Sturdevant    (USA)

Just returned from: IND to SJU via ATL. First class on IND-ATL segments (MD 90) and so-called Business Elite on ATL-SJU segments (737-800). On all segments aircraft interiors were clean and well maintained and cabin attendants were good. Boarding on all flights was total chaos and food on the ATL-SJU segments was inedible. No food on other segments. Seats not what one would call comfortable or roomy. Not worth the price paid.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

April 27th overnight flight from San Francisco (SFO) to Washington Reagan (DCA) with stopover in Detroit (DTW). Economy seats on flight from SFO to DTW were extremely uncomfortable: hardly any legroom - very little padding, no padding on armrests, and minimal recline. These are the worst airline seats I've experienced. Delta offered a thin blanket, but no pillow. I was unable to sleep. The economy seats from DTW to DCA had slightly more recline, and were therefore tolerable. Delta didn't offer food for purchase on these flights, and I didn't pay the $2.00 for a headset on the SFO to DTW flight, so I am unable to rate food or entertainment (I gave Delta one star for each).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by J Limen    (UK)

The food was disgusting and the fact that I was travelling from the UK to the USA and there was no entertainment was horrendous. My kids had to look at the front of a seat for 8 hrs and my daughter had to sit on my lap but she could not sit properly because there was no space. When we got given food it kept going everywhere because we were so squashed. The loos were dirty and small. The staff were no good, they didn't help out. I wouldn't recommend them.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 May 2014 by D Stewart    (Canada)

Flew Atlanta to Seattle. It is a 5 hour flight. If you want to eat you have to buy your meal, however they do not have enough sandwiches so when the cart got to the end of the plane there was nothing left. If you want to watch a movie you have to pay $6.00. It costs $30.00 to check each bag. Just be aware that the price you pay for your ticket is just to get you from a to b, just like greyhound.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Mark Ackery    (USA)

Flew from LAX-ATL on B777-200, then ATL-CMH on A319. Both legs were great and crew very attentive. First class seat on the B777 was a comfortable seat if somewhat difficult to settle into at first. The A319 was uncomfortable and took a while to find that special spot to get comfortable. All considered the service I got for what I paid was excellent. Bags were first off the carousel and waiting when I got there which I liked a lot. Only issue was the miserable check in lady in LAX. DL also need to re think their lounge policy for First class passengers.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by KimGrewe    (Canada)

The review is for Delta which was our return flight home from Pittsburgh. We were to leave on Flight DL 5217 on 20 April. Delta Airlines has a poor fleet of plains. They were under staffed and had 2 mechanical breakdowns and were unable to find us other flights. We needed to be home for surgery the next day and paid extra to fly out on Easter. Because we booked with Expedia they said that they, Delta, was not to blame (they blamed United). Worst case of passing the buck ever! (Only bright spot were the front line staff - like the desk agents who remained 3 hours extra to rebook all the passengers).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Ellis Bob    (UK)

MAN-Atlanta, Atlanta-Memphis, Memphis-Las Vegas, Las Vegas-Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City-Memphis, Memphis- Detroit, Detroit-Amsterdam, April 2014. All of our America trip was with Delta, and everyone was excellent in every way. From check in to boarding to seat leg room were superb. The pilot and cabin crew were so friendly, the captain thanked everyone on each flight personally standing at the entrance with the cabin crew. 7 out of our 8 holiday flights were with delta and we had no problems with any, one was with KLM see that review.