Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Trevor Wilson    (USA)

Flew Delta first class from Atlanta to San Francisco, quite possibly the worst flight crew ever, more interested in talking to each other than helping passengers, one flight crew tried to give my blazer to 2 separate passengers before it got to me, unacceptable when you pay to fly first. Cramped seating did not help matters either. A very unpleasant flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Kimberley A Scheffers    (USA)

Delta is extremely frustrating to deal with! We took a family vacation to Alaska. There were 8 of us and we had two stops each way. I reserved seats when I booked the flights. When I checked in online for every flight for all 8 of us I found that all of the seats had been changed for every flight! We were on a family vacation and I picked seats for a reason. The answer I got every time I called was that they switch planes a lot and the seats don't match. I can't imagine that all of the planes were changed! I hope that I never have to fly Delta again! They need to take lessons from Alaska and Southwest!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by K Hamilton    (Ireland)

Marked difference in quality and service between transatlantic and domestic flights, travelled Dublin to PDX and back via ATL and both transatlantic legs progressed well with excellent service and no delays, while both internal flights were delayed, onboard service was spotty at best and boarding was sheer pandemonium. I have never appreciated Ryanair more than after my first experience trying to board a domestic flight in the US.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by K Hamilton    (Ireland)

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

Short flight Shanghai to Narita. Very well done. 777 Business Elite has an odd layout, can't see out window even in window seat without craning neck. Other than that comfortable, nice breakfast and excellent professional crew. Bring that style to domestic flights and Delta will succeed.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Jo Carryer    (USA)

Delta 2366, JFK to MSP. Delayed for broken plane - we were in line to take off when they decided a broken panel light warranted fixing. We had no gate to return to at JFK so we went to the maintenance lot and were bussed back to the terminal. Had to wait for a new plane (another hour). Re-boarding pandemonium. Most frustrating was waiting another hour on the tarmac before taxi-ing await from gate for catering. this was around 11.30am. We got nothing to eat drink except one bottle of water. Arrived MSP around 12.30am. Pretty awful. Stewardesses standing around on their cell phone. Skip Delta if you have the chance.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by George Bosse    (USA)

Flights in purchased domestic first class with changeover in Minneapolis. Lots of weather delays and was kept well informed and phone conversations with customer service were pleasant. The first three legs of the journey were nothing special. Notably, the quality of the product purchased was only that of a larger seat. Inflight service was casual at best and I would not call it friendly. We were tolerated and it kind of felt like we were an inconvenience. The last flight however, had a flight attendant who was service oriented and actually took care of the customer properly and a meal was served. To me this tells me that there is a quality issue at Delta. The inflight service product is not consistent.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

The CRJ 700 service from Halifax to La Guardia in New York is a quick 90 min hop. The economy seats are cramped, but they are on all the Canadair regional jets in economy class. I got my drink. I got my pretzels. And other than that, the flight was completely uneventful. This is when you realise, flying has become a complete commodity. Now how could we change that?

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 June 2014 by J Roberts    (USA)

This flight was in "Business Elite" between Austin, Texas, and Buenos Aires, Argentina, with an intermediate stop in Atlanta, Georgia. The outbound trip was in early February, 2014, and the return was in mid February, 2014. Measured against other US carriers international performance, Delta was exceptional. Measured against other international carriers, their comparative performance was, at the least, "competitive". Other than one sort of "rough around the edges" male flight attendant on the return trip, the entire experience was quite acceptable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by T Warunee    (Thailand)

Flew Mar 30, NRT to BKK. All flights were great. Flight was on-time and the in-flight entertainment was great. Apart from the meals - some Thai passengers cannot eat beef so the flight crews tried to ask other passengers who could eat beef and changed the meals around. We feel disappointed with their food services.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Leon Pautler    (USA)

Flight 2463 leaving West Palm Beach (PBI) at 2.42pm on June 15, arriving at New York LaGuardia (LGA) at 5.30pm. I was slated to take flight 3997 from LaGuardia to Pittsburgh (PIT) leaving at 6.59pm, arriving in Pittsburgh at 8.35pm. Every time I fly Delta I end up getting stuck in whatever airport my layover is for 12+ hours due to cancellations or delays. There is no attempt to accommodate me the customer with a hotel for the night, a partial refund or even a blanket or pillow for my extended stay in the airport.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 June 2014 by John Arrigo    (USA)

Delta Website froze 4 times trying to set up flight to three different locations. Had to call and set up over the phone only to find out at the curb our flights were changed with no coumarin to us. My pregnant wife and I sat for over an hour (on the curb) for them to correct the error. We flew to our next location to find the same issue with boarding. We sat outside the line for a half hour while they tried to correct before the plane flew off. I spoke to Delta and they said because of the economy they are having issues. This does not explain why they couldn't send us an e-mail showing our flights changed with new boarding passes. The worst flying experience ever. They could care less about you even if you need special attention. Check baggage fees - Delta packs the plane and charges outrageous prices for additional bags.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by R Jednak    (USA)

I just returned from a round-trip First/Business Elite FLL-ATL-MUC-ATL-FLL trip. I really must say that all the flights were great. Every flight was on-time, the flight crews were exceptionally good, the in-flight entertainment was good, but could be improved, the meals were good and tasty. I only wish Delta would update its meal service and add some new items. Going over to MUC the man behind me even commented to the flight attendant, "Is it the usual?" It is always steak, chicken breast, pasta (no meat or fish - just pasta), and a cold plate. I've written to DL about adding fish, lamb, duck, etc. to the rotation. (They actually had lamb on the MUC-ATL flight!) Even flight attendants say that every time they have "fish" it is the most ordered by passengers. I guess Michelle Bernstein has run out of ideas. That is my only suggestion to improve things in Business Elite: Get more imaginative on the meal offerings! It really isn't that difficult.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Robert Coe    (Ecuador)

Round-trip flight from Quito, Ecuador to Birmingham, Alabama with one stop in Atlanta. The check in process was difficult since we are foreigners trying to leave the country. Nothing against Delta. The delta gate agents went through 3 security procedures before we even lined up to go to the plane. I think it was the airport's rules. I flew a Delta 757-200 to Atlanta on a red-eye flight. We took off around 11.40 pm and we started flying over the Pacific Ocean. There was no personal entertainment on this type of aircraft so we were forced to watch a movie. They started serving "breakfast" around 1.20 am. "Breakfast" was a cold turkey and mayonnaise sandwich, fruit, and a brownie. They took they tray away and we did not eat anything else. Around 5.00 am we started our descent into Atlanta. The landing was smooth and we soon de-boarded and headed through immigration to board our next 56 min flight to Birmingham. Atlanta airport is very confusing as to where restaurants and lounges are. We boarded our MD88 to Birmingham. Since it was an hour flight, they should have served us something but the didn't. We landed in Birmingham smoothly.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

Narita - Bangkok, June 13, Business Elite 747. Slight delay due to hold for other delayed inbound flights but all in all an excellent flight. Chief Purser was an experienced friendly (old school) gentleman who worked hard to insure good service. Seat was a comfortable lie flat pod offering more privacy than the first class American 777 I had just connected from. Decent food with even a light second offering before landing. Excellent entertainment options offered. I would certainly do this again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by A Halpern    (UK)

Flight from NY La Guardia to Cleveland OH at 01.15am, email said flight would be delayed by 2 hours. Delayed our taxi to airport by 2 hours. Got to airport to find flight now cancelled but no email communication from Delta, no phone call just the pleasure of an extra 1.5 hours at the airport as they had rebooked us onto 3.20 flight. Staff no training in apologising to passengers for inconvenience - staff couldn't give a damn. Although travelling with my husband they couldn't be bothered to sit us together. So was the flight cancelled for bad weather? I don't think so. Too many additional reasons given eg staff not able to fly as on duty too long etc. We then discovered that the earlier flight had been cancelled too. Could this have been about consolidation. Advice don't travel with them if you can avoid them.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Greg Fitzgerald    (USA)

Originally I had a 2 hour layover. Delta changed our flights to a 4 hour layover. The plane now has been delayed another 20 minutes so my family of 6 and I are at the airport right now for a 4.5 hour layover. This is not acceptable, Delta should do something about this. Fly with an airline that cares. It's surely not Delta!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Gardner    (USA)

We flew paid business class fares in Delta's Business Elite, LAX to SYD, and SYD to LAX, in the forward B/E cabin on Delta's 777-200LR. We checked in using the kiosks in Delta's terminal and went through security quickly (we are both Global Entry/Precheck). The Delta SkyClub at LAX, which doubles as Delta's business class lounge, was crowded, noisy, and inferior in all respects to the business class lounges operated by other carriers to Australia we've flown on (ANZ and QF). For what it's worth, Delta uses the ANZ business class lounge in Sydney and in all respects it's superior to Delta's SkyClub. The flight was delayed. Despite Delta's explanations, the real reason for the constant late departures is that Sydney's airport operates under a curfew. It's the same problem coming back to LAX, as ICE/Customs don't start clearing baggage/passengers until 8am - resulting in people sitting on the plane for a fair amount of time following arrival. Once in the air, the flight itself was OK. The Delta flatbed seat on the 777-200 is adequate, but inferior to the seats on ANZ's 777 and the QF A380 - both of those airlines provide business class passengers with a mattress that is laid over the top of the seat when reclined. The meal service both directions was in all respects inferior to business class meal services on ANZ, QF, and CX. The portions are tiny and the food itself is mediocre. The cabin crew LAX to SYD was OK, but the crew returning SYD- LAX was disorganized, distracted, and not terribly personable. Delta's AVOD system on its 777 aircraft is antiquated. The pop-out monitors will not stay upright - many passengers around us had this problem. The moving map and flight information displays need to be updated. The headphones provided by Delta are supposed to be noise cancelling but don't work well (we both use Bose Quiet Comfort 15 headphones, so it really didn't matter). Given the cost of business class tickets, and all things being equal, the only thing Delta has going for it on its 777 service to/from SYD is the privacy and relative quiet of its herringbone seating arrangement. Otherwise, based on any other criteria you choose to use, Delta's product is inferior compared to the other carriers we have flown on to/from Australia and New Zealand (ANZ, QF, and CX). We can't recommend Delta for business class to/from Sydney.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 June 2014 by A Whitehouse    (UK)

I flew from Heathrow to Seattle. To be honest, I was dreading the flight as I had read some really bad reviews of Delta. But it was excellent. The seat back screens were the biggest I have seen in Economy - with a great selection of films, TV shows and music. The food, whilst being obviously "airline food" was nice enough and lots of it. They listed only one meal - lunch - on the website but they served two more rounds of snacks throughout the flight - an ok sandwich and a really nice calzone. The staff were really friendly as well. Again, I was dreading the service as a lot of other reviews mentioned their bad attitude. But the ones on my flight were lovely. Not sure if this is a sign of better things to come from Delta, or by the fact that the route is brand new for them, but it was a great flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 June 2014 by J Phillip    (USA)

I was a bit stubborn about flying Delta for the first time since I'm a fan of Frontier and I don't fly very often about once every three to four years. I took flight 1531 from MSP to BWI and I was very impressed. We left on time and the crew was friendly. After this experience, I am very eager to fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 June 2014 by D Wolters    (Australia)

JFK-LHR. Had a great on time flight out of JFK with Delta. I found the service friendly and food was great. Constantly coming through the cabin with refreshments, certainly not dehydrated at the end of the flight. Only criticism was when we were coming in to land into London, the cabin crew did not ask passengers to raise their closed window blinds, which made me feel a little unsafe sitting in the middle seats, as I couldn't see what was going on outside during landing. The flight attendant told me after it's not US policy to raise the window blinds, Delta why not just make it part of your safety policy. Would fly them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 June 2014 by William Reid    (USA)

My wife and I fly frequently and over the last couple of years have found ourselves on Delta a couple of times. Each of the prior trips found delays, once missing a connecting flight due directly to the incompetence of Delta personnel. I wrote this off I. The past, but today is the final straw. We flew from San Antonio to Atlanta to catch a connecting flight to Milan for a long awaited vacation. As we were boarding the 767 in Atlanta, I noticed the port engine nacelle was open. Once we were buckled in the captain announced that maintenance was waiting on a part and it would take up to an hour to depart. An hour goes by and they have the part, but they can't get it installed. Another hour goes by. They're still trying to fix it. More excuses, more delays. Never again, Delta, this was strike three!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 June 2014 by G Paul    (USA)

DL 1134, PBI-ATL. Great ground experience. Inbound flight late, prior to equipment arrival, gate agents asked for volunteers to check baggage at no charge to destination to speed up boarding and ease overheads. Turn around was 25 minutes gate arrival-departure. Plane was clean, crew greeted boarding passengers with genuine smiles. They assisted loading overheads with no attitude. In flight, they chatted with passengers. Crew even made the cart in aisle/trip to lav a pleasant game of I move/you move. I was in a time warp. Flying was fun. Three more flights on Delta that week were routine, but what an experience this one flight was.