Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by M Woods    (USA)

SJU-JFK in Economy Comfort seats. Late night flight out of SJU. Crew were fine. Economy Comfort seats had adequate legroom - glad we paid for the extra room because regular coach seats looked like torture for tall people. In flight entertainment, though, was terrible. Tiny overhead movie screens. I thought Delta had all seat back video screens. I would have been really annoyed had I spent the money to sit in First - those seats were not so much better than Econ, Comfort and the same tiny overhead movie screens every few rows. We were handed a tiny roll with some cheese and turkey and a Milky Way with the beverage service. It was not a memorable flight and on this route, JetBlue still wins every time.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Campbell    (UK)

MAN-AMS-EWR, EWR-ATL-MAN. Flights all left on time. Nice FA's. Regular drink/bar service. Nice that you get a bottle of water each. Main issue was that seats were uncomfortable on the flights to NY and back from Atlanta. Flights on these were on old 25 year planes and you felt it.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Chad LaCour    (USA)

Flew from baton Rouge to Orlando, Florida via Atlanta. What a mistake! Delayed on our outbound flight to Orlando by more than 5 hours. Delayed on our I bound flight by more than 3 hours. I will never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by S Sulkes    (USA)

12 hour flight TLV-JFK was excellent because of the crew. Upbeat, polite, couldn't do enough. Economy seating was fine and 3-3-3 configuration on 777 aircraft is very liveable for that duration. Dinner, followed by as many sandwiches, peanuts and pretzels as you can eat and as much as many beverages as you like all served with a smile both on request and on cabin pass throughs. Crew on this trip had seniority (I asked) and these were folks who understood the profession of customer service. Video on demand is top in class. A grade. Minus 1 point for lavatories that could have been kept a bit tidier for this long of a flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by S Letellier    (France)

Flew NYC-CDG via DTW on Delta. The positive point is I was upgraded to First Class on the US journey, but this isn't worth it, you only can drink whatever alcohol you like. Seats were uncomfortable on the over-atlantic flight, staff rather impolite and not caring at all. Arrived on time. Food was not satisfying, not tasty. Entertainment is, to my eyes, the only interesting point on Delta. Too expensive for so low standards.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Brian Smith    (Japan)

NRT-PDX-NRT in Premium Economy. I'm a frequent flyer with Delta, but usually fly in business class. Going to Portland the food was far superior to the food on the return, I'm certain it is because of the high level of catering here at NRT. On the return, the amount of food was not good either, and there was no food available in the galley. I had to beg to get peanuts and it seemed like I was getting a big favor from the FA (hello, 10-hour flight no snack besides ice cream). The seat has enough legroom, has a recline that doesn't interfere with the person behind you too much, except for making the AV angle uncomfortable to watch for the one behind. Great AVOD, which is Delta's selling point in economy. FAs pleasant, but not overly so-just doing their job. The toilets were not cleaned throughout the flight. They were stocked with paper products, but never once cleaned and trash was overflowing. It was bearable, but not enjoyable overall. Hard to come down from business class with a lie-flat seat and good food.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by E Schuchardt    (USA)

I flew Delta from St. Louis to Las Vegas via Minneapolis. All four legs left and arrived about on time. The planes, MD-90 and 757, we're clean and comfortable. All four of my flights had wifi. The flight attendants were friendly and offered a small snack on the longer legs. The pilots made announcements as appropriate. I will fly Delta again if given the choice.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by M Chowdhury    (Cyprus)

LCA-AMS-EWR and EWR-CDG-LCA. Flights on time, overall good service. Food, drinks and entertainment was good. On return, flight was bit delayed because of snow and baggage arrived day after because of handling issues at the transit on French airport (CDG).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Eduardo Pinzon    (USA)

Flew from BOS to DFW via CVG January 23rd. Very good experience, small aircraft both legs but clean, I was in Economy Comfort. Flight attendants very good with excellent customer service. From CVG to DFW the flight was delayed due maintenance but it was repaired and the flight went without any issues. Arriving in Dallas just some minutes late but the baggage service was very good and the bags were out quickly. My return flight was DFW to BOS via ATL January 29th also very good, planes were full both legs. I didn't get economy comfort on DFW-ATL but paid $19 for a preferred seat, I think it was not a good idea since got group 2 and almost didn't get space for my carry-on because group 1 passengers almost got it all. I think if you are paying something extra for a seat you should go on group 1 despite that the flight was very good and the flight attendants were ok. The leg from ATL- BOS was very nice I got Economy Comfort, flight attendants very professional and cool, both flights departed and arrived on time.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Gerasenkov Andrey    (USA)

LGA-BNA operated by Endeavour Air on Jan 30th. Aircraft - 2 week old CRJ900. Departed 2 hours late due to the plane arriving late, and the crew attempting (unsuccessfully) to fix a broken overhead bin lock. Eventually they gave up and scotch-taped the bin cover, so it wouldn't open during the flight. Otherwise the flight was uneventful and fairly comfortable. Snacks and soft drinks were distributed, and the FA's were attentive. My return flight from BNA got cancelled due to LGA completely shutting down due to the winter storm on Feb 2nd, so I got rerouted to JFK via ATL. The 40-minute flight from BNA to ATL was uneventful and was on a completely full 23.5 y.o. A320. No food or drink service on this short flight. The ATL-JFK eventually departed 3 hours late despite most other JFK-bound domestic flight cancelled. The MD88 was completely full which was understandable given that the three previous flights to JFK were cancelled that day. Despite its age the aircraft was comfortable and the flight smooth. Upon landing in JFK we had to wait another 1.5 hours on the taxiway for a gate to become available. Bottom line: Delta got me back home albeit 8 hours late, but I think that's pretty good given the circumstances.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by P Kiss    (Canada)

Flew LAX-YVR with Delta. My first time with Delta, and I was impressed. Took a 6am flight so I was at the airport at around 4am, but the staff was present and was able to lift my mood, even without my morning coffee. Barely a wait for security or bag check. When I got to my gate, the flight crew was already there and chatting with travellers. Boarding was quick. Unfortunately there was a slight delay due to 'mechanical failure' but I still arrived on time. FA were excellent with 3 drink services (I think) and offering coffee and water in-between. I slept about 1.5 hrs out of the three hour flight comfortably due to the lovely headrests that adjust in multiple ways. Didn't try to recline my chair however.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Conyers Russell    (Bermuda)

Suffering from a sinus/head cold I was not anticipating my return from LAX-JFK-BDA on a red eye. My flight was scheduled to depart LAX at 9.40pm and I checked in at Delta's Priority counter around 8:00pm and proceeded quite quickly thru security and found my way to a very crowded SkyClub. When we boarded the aircraft I was pleased to discover that this plane was a newly converted B-767 with the new Business Elite product-proceeding to my seat my coat was stowed and I was served champagne in a champagne glass (so unlike American who still give you those tacky plastic cups) for a pre-flight drink. The seat was 4A and quite comfortable and reclined to a full lie flat bed, a nice pillow and quilted blanket as well as an amenity kit. As soon as we were air borne I changed into pajamas and slept most of the way to JFK. The crew were quite keen to help as were the nice ladies in JFK SkyClub during my transit time for BDA. The JFK-BDA flight was also very pleasant, although I slept on that one also. All in all a very nice experience with Delta on this route especially with the new Biz Elite product between LAX and JFK-will look forward to doing it again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 February 2015 by K Clark    (USA)

LAX-JFK-Zurich, 24th Dec 2014. Return Jan 7th 2015. First leg of the flight came in late, so we missed our connecting flight. They scheduled everyone who missed the connection on the same flight a few hours later, ensuring it was busting to capacity. No seats unused. Even though I get airsick and need to be next to the window, they refused to accommodate-even though I'd paid more for a window seat on the flight their delay made me miss. Then later, delayed on the runway 4 hours-apparently because they were waiting for a manifest. The seats were just atrocious. I've flown economy all my life and never felt so uncomfortable. I will do anything to never have to fly this airline again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 January 2015 by J Elsmore    (UK)

Traveled home from New York to Heathrow on 18/1/15 on Delta Airlines at 7pm flight DL401 with my Husband and three friends and our complaint is that the Stewards and the Stewardesses were totally ignorant and only spoke when asking us what we wanted (food and drink). They did not interact with the passengers at all and the food was almost thrown at us, this was our first flight with Delta and it will be our last.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Ashley Gerig    (USA)

My daughter just flew in from Miami, they cancelled hundreds of flights because of the incoming storm however they chose not to cancel hers, took off 1 hour 15 minutes late. Landed 2 hours 15 minutes late diverted from LaGuardia to JFK, shuttle service to LaGuardia was cancelled due to weather and they literally left their customers stranded with no way to retrieve their vehicles to get home. My daughter is currently stranded. This flight should have been cancelled as were all other flights.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by R Maccuswell    (USA)

Philly Atlanta Sarasota and back. Out was an MD88 and MD90. Had a bad ankle. Gate agents allowed early boarding on both flights. FAs all friendly. Basic service no complaints. All flights all on time aircraft clean and plenty of room at 5' 10". Return was MD90 and a 757. Again friendly gate agents and FAs flights all on time and overall good service. As an AE platinum card holder got free checked bag each way.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by M Attayee    (Australia)

Flew SYD-DCA via JFK and return from DCA-SYD via LAX. Both flights were really good. Very friendly cabin crew and individual greetings by the captain. Food was average, plane food with 3 meal services from the SYD to LAX and LAX to SYD. I would definitely fly Delta again, great service, good clean aircraft and also a wide range of inflight entertainment.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by N Stepp    (USA)

Columbus (CMH) to Managua, Nicaragua, and back. Personally, I felt that Delta delivered an enjoyable experience, and I would gladly travel with them again. 1) My initial flight from CMH to Atlanta went well. We left and arrived on time. The plane itself was clean and neat, and seats were surprisingly comfortable, although my shoulders could have used a little more room. Flight staff were courteous and even though we were on a booked flight, I felt comfortable. 2) We experienced over a one hour delay from Atlanta to Managua, and had to wait in the plane for about 45 minutes because of traffic over Florida (not Delta's fault). This plane was not nearly as nice as the first (no seat dividers), but the staff were friendly and the flight was still enjoyable. I flied in the Economy class upon my arriving flight. On the way from Managua to Columbus: 1) I flew in the business class cabin and was immediately greeted by friendly staff who were eager to give me whatever drink I desired. The seats were very comfortable, and a delicious meal was served. The flight both left and arrived on time. 2) After arriving back in Atlanta, we were greeted by an insanely long line to pass through customs. I don't know how much influence Delta had, but I had a two hour lay over and just barely made it to my next flight. For the flight from Atlanta to Columbus, I flew in the first class cabin, which was surprisingly less comfortable than the business class one that I had been in previously. I slept for the majority of the time, but was still given good customer service, and the flight both left and arrived on time. After this experience, I would recommend Delta, but would suggest that you have at least a two hour layover to prevent any problems with connecting to another flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Stephanie Stewart    (USA)

I booked two round trip flights from Houston to Lagos, Nigeria. The first leg of the first flight was in October, 2014. On this leg I flew business class and the flight was comfortable and very pleasant. The return trips to Houston 2014 in December and to Lagos in January 2015 were a totally different story. I flew economy on these flights. The seats were terribly uncomfortable (even though I was in economy comfort) and the conditions were deplorable. By the end of the flight, bathrooms were indescribable! There was all sorts of trash and food in the aisles were the passengers had apparently not taken the time to throw their refuse away. I have never had such a miserable experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by N Hartmann    (USA)

We flew TUS-ATL-EVV on the way, EVV-DTW-ATL-TUS on the way back. We have two kids, and traveling is not always easy. But Delta did a fine job of making things smoother for us, by letting us board early and treating our kids very well. (They seem to be the only airline that still gives kids their wings). We were delayed getting out of DTW, and the pilots openly made an effort to get us to ATL on time, recognizing that people had connections to make. They were true to their word, taking a shortcut and flying at a higher speed, and we arrived in ATL 10 minutes later, rather than the 30-40 we expected. The MD-90 we flew between TUS and ATL was brand-new inside, and we were impressed by the service we received from the crew. The fact that you get a drink and a snack is nice, I know people that fly Delta just for the Biscoff cookies. The planes are, for the most, in great condition, though the Airbus 320 we flew had a few loose tray tables and could stand to be updated. I've been pretty dissatisfied with American airlines, except for Southwest, but Delta trumps all of them in terms of flight quality, service, and passenger dedication. One small irritation: some of the in-flight entertainment is pay-per-view.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Ronald VanDriesen    (USA)

Travelled from Detroit to Paris in Business Elite on Delta's Airbus, returning from Rome to Atlanta on a B767. To say the least I was extremely pleased on both flights though the 767 was a little tighter in comparison to the B777 and Airbus. Service, food were excellent. Delta continues to be my favorite airline.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Browning    (USA)

Connecting flight was boarding when my first flight was landing. Agent at the desk said she would call through but I had to get from one end of the airport to the other. I am an older person and went as fast as I could. My mouth went sandpaper dry and I felt quite faint, only to arrive at the next flight to find the gate closed! It was Deltas fault I was late, there should have been plenty of time between flights if they hadn't delayed so long leaving a small airport initially that didn't have a line up of flights going out. They spent too much time deciding whether or not to de-ice the plane! I'm glad they were careful and did it, but could have got the job done a lot faster and got the flight in on time. As the plane for my next flight was still there I begged the agent at the adjacent gate to allow me to board as I couldn't spend the night and next morning in Minneapolis waiting for a flight to Newark. Fortunately she co-operated, called through and they opened the door to let me on. I felt the stewardess was unfriendly as I boarded the plane, probably thinking I should have been there on time. I think in situations like this there should be some pick up at the gate to get you to the next flight without having to nearly make yourself sick to get there and following flights should wait for all booked passengers making connections when Delta has caused the delay. This might have been a one off situation. I usually have found Delta friendly and helpful, as the agent was who helped me to get on my flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Soleiman    (USA)

Took the trouble to order kosher and vegetarian meals for my party of 4 only to find that the kosher meal comprised an apple and 2 bananas, and the vegetarian meal was some cut melon - Delta seem to have lost all creativity when it comes to meals? To make matters worse, since half the flight must have ordered the same special meal, none of which was opened or eaten by any passenger, the flight crew then proceeded to open each sealed package and throw out the fruit so that they could retrieve their special cheap Delta plates for later use. I personally witnessed at least 20 such meals being discarded. I regret having had to use Delta on this trip after having managed to avoid it for so many years.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Leong    (USA)

JFK-NRT-SIN. Lounge at JFK was nice, the flight was long and seats were narrow. The food could be improved but then again the catering was from JFK so my expectations weren't high. Crew were fine and overall the flight was good. Wish I used the showers in the NRT lounge as I was in for a longer wait than expected. Departure was pushed back an hour and we waited another hour and a half on the ground due to traffic. The staff handled the delay well and the wait was more comfortable than expected. Landed in SIN at 3am as a result. Still good experience overall.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by J Barach    (USA)

Horrible experience all around. The priority level ticket agent was not able to find the ticket for our lap child, wasting 45 minutes of our time at check-in. When it was finally found on their system they were not able to print it for us. Just very frustrating and stressful. The business class on Delta is laughable. Lets see, drop down screens from the ceiling no different than they had in the 1980s. The movie didn't even work on the return flight. Food quality I wouldn't even feed to my dogs. Its pretty bad when you buy a business class ticket and you don't even get a movie on a 5.5 hour flight or a decent meal.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Bachalo    (Canada)

My daughter and I traveled from Winnipeg to Basel recently. Our return flight from Paris to Minneapolis was delayed and therefore we had to rush to our connecting flight. Little did we know how far apart the terminals were. Delta staff should have informed us of the distance and offered a passenger trolley. It turned out that as we arrived at our departure gate the information board said "Boarding", however the Delta staff person would not let us board. While we waited at least 10 minutes for a supervisor we watched the information change from "Boarding" to "Closed" and we watched our plane depart without us (along with another passenger in our circumstances). We were booked on another flight seven hours later, meal vouchers were denied, as we waited the seven hours we saw instances (more than one) where other passengers were allowed to board after the "Closed" sign was on. Delta staff were not prepared to assist us in any way, nor did they appear to be trained in customer service. This is just one issue, albeit the biggest one, that we had with Delta personnel giving incorrect information, being rude (not the FA - this was all with the staff at the various airports we dealt with). The FA's were wonderful on all flights - perhaps Delta would best be served if they did the training to the airport staff.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Kyle Slick    (USA)

As a frequent traveler, I feel I've coped pretty well with the US Airline "nickel and dime" mentality that's resulted in baggage fees, exorbitant ticket change fees and the dwindling supply base fare economy class seats (not to mention the dwindling leg room in those seats). Now, Delta does not allow seat selection with economy class fares. My company do not allow class upgrades, which means I'll forever be the really tall guy stuck in a middle bulkhead seat if I fly Delta. Old planes with no power, no in-flight entertainment (it never fails to amaze me how many ancient CRT televisions are still mounted to the roof of Delta cabins). On longer flights, Delta refuses to stock enough food to meet the demand of passengers towards the back of the plane. Sure, I can survive a 6 hour flight with nothing but peanuts and pretzels but why? The only positive thing I can say about Delta is to give a kudos to the majority of attendants that are willing to put up with grouchy passengers and restrictive rules. The ones that maintain a positive attitude deserve an award.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by N McFadden    (Canada)

Flew Comfort Economy, YYC-HKG return. Booked flight 6 months in advance (and got a great deal), but over the next four months our flight itinerary was changed six times. Since some of the changes impacted our flight by over an hour, I called to change to other flights - agents were happy to help out and they answer their phones promptly - a pleasant change compared to the waits we usually experience with our regular airline Air Canada. Alerted by email of all but one of the changes, which I noticed by accident. We had paid extra for Comfort Economy, and one of the changes meant that the fee for Comfort Economy was higher - instead of notifying us that we needed to pay an extra $20 to keep our Comfort Economy seats, they just put us in a regular Economy seat and kept the $130 we'd paid to begin with! Thank goodness I noticed. Flights themselves were good. The extra leg room on the long haul flight was wonderful. Wide selection of entertainment. Plenty of food/drink offered and quality not bad (daytime hot meals ok, mid flight snack fine, breakfast awful). Service attentive. Very cheerful on the way there and pleasant on the return flight. Connecting flights from Calgary-Seattle were on old planes but fine for a one hour flight - staff were great. I would fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Alex Coias    (USA)

LHR-JFK return. I tend to pick Delta due to the affordability and nice service. Again, I was not disappointed. Flight going out of London on time and plane not full. Got plenty of space and the food was good. Coming back to London the flight was packed and the plane was slight older, however, the food and service was good. I asked for a special meal that was accommodated on both flights! Happy to fly Delta again for sure!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by G Dedomingo    (USA)

PDX-AMS-PDX. I was seated in economy plus for the both legs and this is definitely more pleasurable than the basic economy. However, the seat cushion still remain hard and quite uncomfortable for a 10 hours flight. Food was okay and very good entertainment system. The crew was professional and attentive on the PDX-AMS. Unfortunately, the cabin crew on the return flight was borderline lazy, doing the minimum and spending more time socializing on the back of the aircraft than paying attention to the passenger and especially the cleanliness of the bathrooms.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by J John    (USA)

ATL-JNB-ATL Business Class. Atlanta flight was on time and the flight crew was very "seasoned". Service was good. Food was ok. Nothing special. Seats are great - I'm tall and they do the trick. VOD system is outdated and flight tracker rarely works. The return flight was about an hour late and the crew was much better. Food from JNB was much better than first flight. I would rate the second crew as outstanding. It's all about the seat and the business elite seat is among the best for such a long flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Smith    (USA)

I flew SFO-LAX on a Delta Shuttle emb-175 in first class seat 4A. The seat cushion was pretty hard but fortunately it was only a 50 minute flight. Honestly the first class seats on the emb-175 aren't great and I would never pay for them, just upgrade using miles or medallion upgrade.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by S Baker    (USA)

We flew Delta Airlines 777 business class from LAX to Bangkok (via Narita) in October 2014. The seating configuration is one of the best we have seen internationally. The lie flat seats were enhanced with two pillows and a comforter. The second/smaller pillow worked very well for your legs/knees over the long flight. The comforter was the most enjoyable blanket we have ever experienced on an international trip. It's amazing that such a small difference in quality can make such a large difference in the sleeping comfort and environment. The only complaint about the seat configuration is that it is difficult to communicate with a traveling partner.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Bastien    (USA)

OKC to ATL, then ATL to TPA, MD 80 from OKC to ATL then twin engined wide body Boeing from ATL to TPA. Seats on both flights were uncomfortable, with minimal recline. The headrest pushes my head forward making it difficult for me to nap. On both flights I forgot to bring my seat to the upright position for landing. The FAs didn't notice, or might have figured it didn't make any difference. I would not pay to fly Delta in economy or EC on account of the uncomfortable seats. I traveled on a free ticket, purchased by my spouse with FF miles, so I gave Delta three stars for Value for Money. Food for purchase, but items that appealed to me weren't available. The FAs were courteous, the flight uneventful. However, Delta is my least-favorite airline.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by H Christmas    (Australia)

My flight with Delta was a short 1 hour trip from LAX to SFO. It was unfortunately delayed due to bad weather, but the service on the flight definitely made up for this. Drinks, peanuts and pretzels were offered soon after departing LAX and a healthy snack box filled with trail mix, wholegrain crackers, guacamole, tomatoes, celery and carrots was also provided. I did not expect this to be included in the price at all on such a short flight! After flying with another airline on a domestic US trip, the service on Delta definitely stood out and I would definitely fly with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Jim Hickman    (USA)

Flew Atlanta-Dubai Economy. FA were very good but the economy seats are very poor. Packed flight so no elbow or leg room. Left on time. Food and service decent.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by G de Domingo    (USA)

PDX-AMS-PDX: Flew on economy comfort for both legs. The PDX-AMS was good with the typical Delta service which has improved over the years. Aircraft was clean and a very good IFE. For the return flight, it was quite different starting with a very disorganized Delta security at the gate. The contracted agent were borderline rude and did not have a clue what they were doing. During the flight, the cabin crew appeared to do a minimal job and could care less about the service and especially the state of sanitary conditions of the restrooms. Delta management should work on improving the consistency of their crew.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Bastien    (USA)

TPA to LAX on 12-10-14, B737, Economy Comfort, another routine Delta Flight. Uncomfortable seats with slightly more legroom than economy, but with minimum recline. I give Delta low ratings on account of the uncomfortable seats. Otherwise it's pretty much like other U.S. carriers. Food for purchase. I didn't buy any, so rated it at one star. Charge for entertainment headphones, didn't buy a set, so I also rated entertainment at one star. I fly Delta only because my spouse has Platinum FF status, and buys my tickets with her FF miles. Otherwise, I'd like to try other airlines.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by L Narvaez    (Spain)

We bought a round trip ticket trough Air France but the operating airline was Delta. On our outbound flight from ATL-MAD the plane was very small for a Transatlantic flight, uncomfortable seats, entertainment screens didn't work and the crew were not helpful with the needs of the 1 year old traveling with us, well strangely enough this was our "good flight." On the way back we flew from Amsterdam to Atlanta the flight got delayed due to bad weather conditions, because of that we lost our connecting flight, that we can understand, what was appalling to us was the rudeness, unwillingness to help, and basically bad attitude of the flight attendants who are supposedly there to assist you. We certainly will do our best to not purchase a Delta ticket again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 December 2014 by V Krishna    (UK)

Took flight DL403 from JFK to LHR. Bag drop and check in was friendly and fast as was boarding. Seats were leather/plastic and not fabric and felt comfier than many others. Entertainment system was buggy and rebooted once as well as skipping/pausing throughout films. Food was bland but passable: chicken and rice meal with brownie, bread and salad for dinner and a croissant with jam for breakfast (with orange juice). Service wasn't that friendly, but also the announcements were amateurish with long pauses, repeated interruptions and announcing the wrong arrival terminal before later correcting herself! I didn't know until this flight that seat changes within economy class can cost $40 each, even if passengers on the same booking were placed in seats far away from each other on different rows (and the seat change was to bring them together).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 December 2014 by A Skidmore    (UK)

GIG-ATL on refurbed 67-300ER (economy) and can honestly say it was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever taken. I am 6'2 and whilst normally I can find airline seats restricting, this was the worst I have experienced. I can never before remember having to sit open legged as my knees do not fit in the seat when my legs are side by side, including when using budget carriers. What's more, the head restraint didn't stay in position making it doubly uncomfortable for a man of my height, and despite the seat being in the middle of the plane, there was no recline (not that there was any room to recline into). Food was ok, drinks only served once despite it being almost a 10 hour flight, and the entertainment system had only old movies and the TV box sets were missing random episodes meaning it was difficult to watch anything sequentially. Not a good advert for a Delta and will certainly bare this in mind when it comes to booking again in future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by C Adams    (USA)

DSM/MSP/LHR 30th November, LHR/MSP/DSM 6th December, 2014. On all of the flights taken I was treated well by all staff, check-in and in-flight. The airplanes were clean, even the two short haul flights when the turnaround was very tight. Delta cabin staff are certainly the best by a long mile as compared with the other legacy airline staff in the USA. My flights were a combination of First (internally) and Business (Trans Atlantic). The food on the Trans Atlantic flight was pretty good. My only comment regarding the whole food and beverage service was that the red wine on the LHR/MSP leg was chilled. The equipment used for my Trans Atlantic flight was a 767-400ER which was comfortable (I prefer the Business seating in the 767 as opposed to the A330) and I managed to sleep for 4 hours east bound. Delta are a good airline. People can make or break a business and now, it certainly seems that the Delta people will "make" the business.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Jezrel Sabaduquia    (USA)

JFK-ATL-AUS in F. Decided to pay First Class to try their product and Delta has done an excellent job revamping their JFK base. Check-in at the separate Sky Priority area was a top-notch experience, it has a completely separate entrance and the area is cozy and classy, complete with a seating area and little water bottles at the check in desks. Priority security line was a bonus since it was rush hour and the regular line was just insane. Priority boarding was strictly enforced which was good. Plane to Atlanta on a 757 equipped with the older transcontinental product. Seats were extremely plush and comfortable with great recline and legroom was excellent. Wouldn't mind sitting on those seats on a longer flight. I wish the leg rest would have extended higher though. Breakfast was served which was smoked salmon, toasted bagel, fresh fruit and yoghurt. I've read positive reviews about Delta's F catering, and this was no exception. Everything was fresh, presentation was excellent and quantity hit the spot nicely. My only major issue on this flight was the flight lead that served the first cabin, he was a tad cold and didn't really interact with the passengers which I admire about US airlines. Service however was efficient, and service calls and requests were all honored on a timely fashion. Entertainment system didn't work until half an hour before landing but it wasn't too much of an issue, selections for movies, shows and music were all great. ATL-AUS on an older 757, seats were huge and comfortable but legroom was limited but still sufficient. Flight attendants were more friendly, however, only snack options were available despite being a longer flight. Drinks and snacks were provided regularly and were of good quality. Overall, Delta is serious about transforming itself as a global airline with a great reputation. All flights were on-time, their hard product is reliable, catering is excellent, and even though I had some issues with service, Delta still provided a great flight experience and would not hesitate to fly with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S Paolo    (USA)

4/30/14, JFK-LHR was a pleasant experience (evening flight). The Delta Ground Crew were fine, but had some issues with regards to an additional carry on item, when the Airport Customs denied our entry towards the Immigration Area. Boarded on time on a B767-400ER. Seats felt tight with limited legroom, but a very comfortable back rest. Ordered our meals online when booking, however my meal was not available on the flight, but it was fine to wait for the general food selection. Flight entertainment was excellent, getting to watch the latest movie releases of the year. Flight Crew were well accommodated on this full flight. Land safely at LHR with a delay of 50 mins. 5/14/14 Return leg, LHR-JFK was a disappointment. The older B767-300 aircraft had a rusty smell. Food selections we chose online were again, unavailable. Flight crew were less friendly to passengers, fewer smiles, yet one of the FAs stood out very well in performance. The seats were a lot of worst, with thinner padding, making it extremely uncomfortable to lean your back all the way. The restrooms were awful, unlike the first leg which was spotless. The same goes with the cleanliness of the cabins. Overall, flying with Delta would mean riding old planes and comfort is less of a priority in economy class. Delta is my top choice when flying Domestically, but definitely out of the box for international and long haul travel. Next time I travel to Europe, BA goes next in the list.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Ronald Knight    (Canada)

In March 2014, I booked a flight from San Diego to Vancouver, BC. There was a one hour stop-over with plane change at LAX. Between that booking and the flight date of November 30th, Delta made 6 changes/cancellations to this single reservation, resulting in the change in planes being switched to Seattle with a 4 hour stop-over. When my flight arrived in Seattle, a further one hour delay was announced. I asked the reason and was told that it was because of ice, despite the fact that it was a sunny day with dry pavement everywhere, and the plane was coming from Las Vegas. The clerk then mentioned that Delta did not offer compensation for weather-related delays. The lie about icing was confirmed by another clerk who checked in her computer and found the delay was really caused by mechanical failure. I then asked what compensation Delta would give me for a 5 hour stop-over involving dinner time. I was offered a chocolate bar. Delta is the last airline I would choose in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Kyle Martin    (USA)

I have been flying Delta for years (several with Diamond status). I am currently gold status. At JFK Terminal 2, in the TSA pre-check line, the Delta representative made me go back and check my bag because it didn't fit in their little container which they claim is what a 22" bag should fit in. I have been carrying-on the same roller bag for the last 8 years. Now they make me check it? I don't get it. I flew with this same bag this last Saturday, the Saturday before that, the Thursday before that - and carried it on every time. Terrible customer service for your most loyal business travelers.