Danube Wings Passenger Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Danube Wings Star ranking

Customer Review scoring : Danube Wings
5.8 out of 10  5.8 out of 10

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  13 April 2010 by Sarah Carmichael   (USA)

My flight last week via Danube Wings featured the worst customer service/flight experience I've had anywhere in the world. I had requested (and was given) a window seat at check-in. However, when I arrived at my seat, a man was sitting there. I politely informed him that I had the ticket for that seat, to which he replied "You can sit in my seat." I told him that I wished to sit in the seat indicated on my ticket, which I had requested. He refused to move from my seat. After takeoff, I discretely moved to the back of the plane to discuss the situation with the flight attendants. They seemed unconcerned that someone was in my seat and refused to ask the man to move. I asked if I could have another window seat instead, as there were several open on the flight. The attendant told me that I could not have another seat because the flight was no longer direct from Bratislava to Kosice, but would be making a stop in Poprad Tatry, at which new passengers would board the empty seats. I had not been informed of this and asked for more details on the new flight. The attendant became angry and defensive, saying that an announcement had been made. This is possible, but as I could not understand the poor English of the pilot's announcements, I had not known. In any case, the flight attendants were very, very rude. am shocked that it is apparently OK on Danube Wings to simply sit in whichever seat you like, regardless of what your ticket indicates, and that Danube Wings customers are allowed to take seats from other customers with no recourse or questioning from flight attendants. I consider this a very, very unsafe situation in today's flight environments as well.

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  13 April 2010 by Steve Taylor   (UK)

Similar to Andy Steeds below, I had flights (Luton-Poprad) for my sister and her husband booked so they could attend our wedding in Slovakia. 13 days later Danube Wings e mailed me to say the route had been cancelled but I would receive a full refund. That was 7 weeks ago and despite many e mails and dozens of un-answered phone calls I am still waiting for my money back. I have had to re-book my sister and her husband on a different flight into Krakow and arrange a hire car for them to transfer to Slovakia, also had to help sort out the travel arrangements for the other 16 guests who had also booked the same route, they are now all having to pay more for their flights due to the delay in booking and also suffer the additional journey from Krakow to Spisska Nova Ves. I am appalled at the total lack of response from Danube Wings, they have caused me considerable stress, taken my money and ignored my attempts to communicate. Still there is always that 40Euro discount voucher they have offered as compensation!

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  30 March 2010 by Andy Steeds   (UK)

Danube Wings decided to cancel all routes between the UK/Ireland and Poprad from March 2010 onwards despite selling tickets for these routes for many months in advance. They gave notice of cancellation by email on 24th Feb, providing very little notice to those passengers that had to rebook with other airlines for March/April flights. Although Danube Wings own terms and conditions as published on their website state that they will offer a full refund on any flight they cancel within 7 days, we have now been waiting for over a month with no sign of a refund despite numerous emails and phone calls. Their email responses keep asking us to be patient as they have many refunds to process, so now they want our sympathy? If you are lucky enough to get through on the only published telephone number that ever seems to be answered, you will just be given other numbers to ring instead (all based in Slovakia) where eventually somebody will put you on hold and then cut you off. This is not just a language issue, my wife who is Slovakian has been making all of the phone calls and emails. This approach to customer service and delay in providing a refund is unacceptable, particularly as it was entirely within their control (no meteorological conditions to hide behind here) I have had to rebook my entire family on other flights at considerably higher cost because of their short notice cancellation, and one month later I am still without a refund. I would not use this airline again.

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  16 February 2010 by F Groves   (UK)

Excellent service, comfortable seats. Good value for money as ski gear taken free - no hidden extras. Very nice to get a free sandwich coffee and fresh orange. A breath of fresh air after flying to Bratislava with Ryanair!

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  8 January 2010 by Samuel Muransky   (Slovakia)

Domestic service KSC-BTS in ATR 72. Plane bit old, but very comfortable. Friendly staff, fee drink service (both cold and hot). Flight (with scheduled flight time 60 minute / real flight time 55 minutes) arrived 20 mins prior to schedule. Overall, good experience.

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  17 December 2009 by M Horvath   (UK)

Luton to Poprad and back. Clean aircraft, very good staff (CSA). Free refreshments provided (sandwich, free soft drinks, tea & coffee) - didn't expect this. Only downside was not being able to purchase any other drinks or snacks on board (might be a problem if you're used to enjoy your favourite alcoholic drink when you fly, like me). Overall - very good.

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  5 July 2009 by Paolo Jaros   (Italy)

BLQ-BTS and return. Clean airplane, friendly hostess, good flight service. Returning, departing flight on time, nice hostess, excellent service as going. Arriving in BLQ 20 minutes before scheduled. Everything for only 66 Euros.

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  29 June 2009 : by Peter Hupka  (Slovakia)

TAT-BLQ and back with Danube Wings. Both flight on time, nice staff. Only one thing: few days before departure the company decided to change takeoff for one hour earlier from Poprad due to not planned stop in Bratislava. Landing in Bologna was on time anyway. ATR-72 is not the most comfortable plane, but overall impression is positive.

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  27 May 2009 : by Peter Bilakc  (Netherlands)

Bought my vacation tickets Bratislava-Dubrovnik back in March. The price was great. Two weeks before the departure received an email that the destination for which I bought my tickets was cancelled. Danube Wings offered a full refund, but because of late notice I ended up paying 400 euro extra per ticket, for the family of 5. I also missed my connecting flight (Amsterdam- Vienna), for which I bought my tickets. I don't recommend flying with a company which cancels flights and give late notice. The business model of canceling destinations when they don't sell out the tickets is highly irresponsible.

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  11 May 2009 : by Peter Lukac  (Slovakia)

KSC-BTS route operated by ATR. Plane was only bad thing on flight, everything else was great. Very comfortable seats, drink for free, great staff, on-time and excellent price (33 EUR). So much better than SkyEurope..

DANUBE WINGS customer review :  15 April 2009 : by Michal Znasik  (----)

ATR-72 from Euroairport Basel/Mulhouse/Freiburg to Bratislava in economy. Very good quality from beginning to the end. Service friendly with complimentary soft drinks and cold meal platter. Seats in ATR-72 are relatively comfortable. 15 kg free baggage and international newspapers onboard. I spent for one way ticket 99 eur tax incl.

PAGE:   1 | 2 |