Cyprus Airways Customer Reviews and Cyprus Airways Passenger Trip Reports

1 2

Cyprus Airways customer review :  26 May 2010 by Ian Henderson   (UK)

LHR-LCA-LHR. Took Cyprus Airways because of possible BA strike issues. Online check in did not work for outbound trip. Seats fine and food pretty good. Crew attentive in a full flight each way. Both on time. CY uses the new BMI International lounge at LHR - no hot food. Joint lounge at new LCA terminal is much the same as the old one but larger. The only negative was a baggage debacle at LHR on return. After one and a half hours of waiting we were advise that a police search of all baggage would last for at least another hour possibly longer. Many excited shouting pax - no drinks available in baggage hall or anyone allowed out. Eventually lost-baggage forms handed out so we could go home. My case turned up two days later. No Cyprus Airways or Menzies management presence just one overwhelmed employee. No idea if police story true.

Cyprus Airways customer review :  2 May 2010 by R Peters   (UK)

Flew Cyprus Airways economy class LHR-LCA, PFO-LHR. A330 quite comfortable, with a superb emergency exit window seat, excellent leg room. Flight back to the UK from Paphos was the A320 which I found cramped for a short to medium haul flight, despite having an emergency exit window seat. Cyprus Airways economy service seems reasonable - drink service, meal quite average, inflight entertainment.

Cyprus Airways customer review :  26 November 2009 by S Bonnici   (Malta)

London Heathrow to Larnaca in Economy Class. Have booked and paid everything online, together with a Low Calorie Special Meal Request. Had a little bit of a hassle when using the online check-in system, which I had to try checking in online for 3 consecutive times, however on the 3rd time check-in was successfully done. Fast bag drop at London Heathrow T1 was okay and had no problems in verifying with the Check-In staff that online check-in and seat selection were confirmed. A330-200 on this route, cabin in Economy class is spacious, good leg room, and clean. Cabin Crew helpful and friendly. For economy class standards, food was delicious, if not of a better service when compared to other 3-star airlines. The only bit of a let-down were the lavatories which seemed to be a bit shabby and needed maintenance, but not bad. Couldn’t expect a better service for the price I have paid. Landed at the new Larnaca Airport, which in my opinion, is a fantastic airport. Have already flown Cyprus Airways some 2 years ago, and adding with this positive experience, I would recommend to fly with them.

Cyprus Airways customer review :  15 November 2009 by S Mladenovic   (Netherlands)

AMS-LCA-AMS, LCA-DXB-LCA, I generally only fly Cyprus Airways as a last resort despite the fact its the only airline that offers a direct flight from The Netherlands to Cyprus. Planes are modern (A319, A320) but dirty and somehow uncomfortable. Service leaves a lot to be desired : food does not reflect price and the cabin crew tends to get more panicky than passangers during turbulence. On a flight to Dubai, during a brief moment of turbulence, I overheard a stewardess saying that she was going to faint! I think this is linked to poor training. Cabin crew are usually friendly if you approach them nicely and quite generous (you can get away with an extra drink or two). In flight entertainment is decent, but nothing outstanding.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review :  20 October 2009 by Steve Fraser   (Cyprus)

LCA-LHR. Very little room to manouvre in seat 11H. IFE did not work and when asked if I could move to one of the few empty seats, was rudely told no. Food was inedible, and only 1 drink on a near 5 hour flight. Cyprus Airways used to have a good reputation - I for one will never fly with them again.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review :  18 September 2009 by M Heather   (UK)

STN-LCA. Grumpy cabin crew, inedible, tasteless and lukewarm (at best) food. Cabin too hot, and when asking the flight attendant for the third time to do something about the temperature in the forward part of the economy cabin, she suggested I might be warm as I'd had the temerity to have a glass of wine. She got short shrift (but politely), a lesson in physics (hot air rises, so why was I cooler standing up in the never ending queue for the loo at the back of the plane than sat in my seat?) and a request that she walk slowly from the rear to the front of the plane, and that she pay careful attention to (a) the temperature change at row 13 and (b) the smell of hot bodies forward of row 13. She might also have wanted to use her eyes to notice all the forward economy passengers continually trying to get more air out of the air vents. I'd like to report on the return trip, but Cyprus Airways were running 2 plus hours late so we asked, and astonishingly they agreed, to transfer us to British Airways. Who were delightful.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review :  29 August 2009 by Tony Holt   (UK)

Manchester-Larnaca return Food okay, seats okay, staff fine. Web check in good and good times departing Larnaca avoiding the mass UK late afternoon departures and associated crowds.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review :  13 July 2009 by A Austin   (UK)

OAPs travelling Manchester - Larnaca return. On getting to the front of the check-in queue the check-in supervisor noticed that my wife had a painful back condition and arranged more comfortable seats for us on the outward and return flights. A320 was clean and comfortable with sufficient legroom. Safety announcement was brief but adequate, and there was a marked minimum of annoying frequent announcements in singsong voices. The flight attendants were fine, offering people different seats to give them more room at one point. We were pleasantly surprised at the standard of food. It was nice to see attendants topping-up peoples' drinks at the front after the trolley service had finished. On disembarking I thanked them for their good service; not something I do very often. Nothing on the return journey caused us to change our minds, our worst experience being a po-faced check-in girl at Larnaca.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 24 April 2009 : by Frank Alexander

2 Star Rating

AMS-PFO return economy. Both flights late. Cabin crew friendly but inefficient. Drink service very poor. Food shocking. Seats not suitable for 4+ hour flight - no head rest. Overall, poorer than a charter flight. Would not recommend this airline.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 20 April 2009 : by M Kyriakides

3 Star Rating

Economy LHR-LCA-LHR on A330. On both flights the crew were attentive and pleasant despite the midnight to dawn flights. Seats were comfortable and leg room spacious. The meals provided reflected the current cost cutting exercise of the airline; it was not the small size of the meal that mattered but the uninspiring way that it was put together. Perhaps Cyprus Airways would benefit from studying the meals of Austrian Airlines/Lufthansa : simple yet tasty.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 8 April 2009 : by S Jacques

3 Star Rating

LHR-LCA Business Class. Bigger seats than BA but staff a little curt, service from CY is always a bit hit and miss and doesn't compare to BA customer service, always tempted by the fact that the seats are bigger on CY.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 24 December 2008 : by J Ibrahim

1 Star Rating

Jeddah to London Via Larnaca. Our flight on the 15th December was delayed from Jeddah, as the inbound flight into Jeddah was late. We arrived into Larnaca and although our flight had not departed we were told that the captain had made a decision to leave without us passengers. There was no responsible person available to speak to at the airport and after 2 hours a junior member of staff came over to speak to us. From my personal mobile phone I contacted the British consulate and it’s only then that Cyprus Aairways spoke to us with any respect. We were given no explanation as to why the original flight we were booked on left early without us passengers. This flight actually arrived into London Heathrow 15 minutes before its expected time of travel.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 22 December 2008 : by Z Ahmed

1 Star Rating

LHR-LCA-JED. Initially at time of booking we had 5 hour wait at LCA, then this was changed on to 7 hours - on the day Cyprus airways increased it to 10 hours stating that they were waiting for passengers from Manchester to join the flight. Outbound return flight - I paid extra to arrive at LHR via outbound journey with only a 1 hour connection time at LCA, but flight was delayed from JED as Cyprus Airways arrived at Jed late, and as we returned to LCA with only 30 mins before dep. of LHR flight from LCA we were denied boarding, even though we paid extra and there was ample time to change to LHR aeroplane. We were then told to wait 10 hours for next flight. Luggage was lost on outbound flight and delivered after continuous telephone calls and faxes after 5 days. Major inconvenience is all the long waiting in the heat. No hotel is provided and transit staff are very unco-operative/ and not at all understanding at LCA.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 9 November 2008 : by C Thomas

1 Star Rating

LHR/LCA. Flight out A330 very comfortable FA very attentive, although nearly 2 hour delay. Return flight A319 was a nightmare very cramped, we were travelling with my daughter, her husband and two grandchildren aged 2 & 4 they were placed in the back row where the seats do not recline. The stewards on the flight were also not in the least bit friendly. I have flown with Cyprus Airways approx two years ago and they were lovely but not any more.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 15 October 2008 : by Malcolm Le Grand

2 Star Rating

Business Class from Heathrow to Larnaca return. I found check-in procedures disappointing at Heathrow and Larnaca - there was no special Business Class check-in so we had to queue in the normal way with Economy. On our return a substitute aircraft of Hellas Jet was used which did not have Business Class facilities - without any explanation or apology. Food on the way out was not great and only fair on the return. The aircraft used on the return appeared to be a very old Airbus 319.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 12 September 2008 : by A Stylianou

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

I found favourable prices for two separate trips in June and August. The cabin crew on all flights were attentive, and some even managed a smile. My wife and daughter's pre ordered vegetarian meals were brought with efficiency. I hope that this improvement in service continues.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 17 May 2008 : by Mike Hurst

2 Star Rating

LCA-LHR. A330 was full, seating in Y class was cramped. Little choice of meal and just dumped in your lap. Cabin crew harassed and non communication with passengers. One passenger fell ill requiring oxygen, cabin crew vanished, passengers milling around, and when crew arrived seemed to very little knowledge of first aid. (no problem with language as passenger and those around him spoke greek). Eventually passenger recovered with assistance of a doctor and a nurse, no call made for them, and crew decided to then turn up and offer help.

CYPRUS AIRWAYS customer review : 30 April 2008 : by R Peters

3 Star Rating

LHR-LCA, LCA STN. Flight out was on A330 with a reasonable choice of individual seat back inflight entertainment. Flight back on cramped A319 and poor inflight entertainment as I had no film soundtrack from my seat. As a general schedule service I found Cyprus Airways gave a fair service at least two complimentary refreshments, no choice of meal just what you are given! All in all an average experience given in the economy Apollo Class.

1 2