PAGE loading ... please wait!

Corsair Passenger Reviews and Corsair Customer Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Add your Corsair customer review

Corsair Unclassified Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Corsair
6.7 out of 10  6.7 out of 10

Corsair Customer review :  18 December 2013 by B Vannier    (France)

Flight SS927, Pointe Pitre to Paris Orly, Dec 13, 2013. Due to a technical problem, the flight was cancelled. The problem is the total confusion in handling the problem, dispatch of passengers, information for a flight on the next day. The confusion was worse on the 14th and obviously the personnel in the airport is in dire need of training and requires competent management. The flight was supposed to depart at 18.50. At 21.30, while in the plane, we were told the pilot finally had to go back to the airport with a few crew members in order to sort things out: 7 passengers were on board who were nor supposed to be while 7 others should have been aboard and were not! Not withstanding the problem of their suitcases to be sorted out!

Corsair customer review :  16 December 2013 by  Greg Elder   (Canada)

Flew Montreal-Orly round-trip, with a TGVAir connection on the outbound leg. Outbound was on the 747-400. Cabin had been remodelled. Seating is a bit tight, but the seats are well-designed and were fine for a 6 hour flight. Crew on the outbound leg was superb - professional and friendly. Food was mediocre but edible. Passport control upon arrival in Orly was quick enough, but I waited for over an hour for my bag to arrive, leaving me little time to catch the shuttle to Massy. Return flight was on the A330-330. Seating was the same - sufficient. Food on the return was much better, with a really nice wine. Crew was not quite as cheerful, but they did their jobs well. The price for these flights was outstanding. I would recommend Corsair without hesitation.

Corsair customer review :  14 November 2013 by  M Sauzier   (Mauritius)

Paris Orly to Montreal return. The business class fare (classe Grand Large) is less than 1/3 of that of a regular carrier. Ok, the seats only recline to 130 degrees, but the 2/2/2 configuration of their brand new A330 is definitely better than the 2/3/2 which Air France provide in their B777! Excellent food and drinks, wide choice of entertainment, courteous, friendly and efficient service, who could ask for more ?! The only slight disappointment was the badly designed footrest which does not make much of a difference. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Corsair customer review :  4 November 2013 by  K Hales   (UK)

Paris Orly to Forte De France, dep 22/10/2013, flight SS0924. Return 29/10/2013, flight SS0925. Super airline. Check-in very easy, online, then printed boarding card, then dropped baggage at airport. Total checkin time at airport 10 mins. Boarding was easy, do it by children and elderly first, then seat number. Big aeroplane. Comfortable chairs, reclining, with legroom. Inflight entertainment very good and the food was adequate. Staff offered exceptional service going out, return journey they were adequate. Great value and more for the money.

Corsair customer review :  8 July 2013 by  Marc Gariepy   (Canada)

Our flight from Montreal to Paris was a great experience and an example of superior customer service. When we checked in at Trudeau I inquired about TGVair. The person at the counter was quick to give us tickets for the shuttle between Orly and Massy TGV. She also put priority tags on our bags so that we would get them as quickly as possible when we landed. That was the case and we were in plenty of time for our train at Massy. All tolled, it took us an hour and ten minutes from the time we touched down to sitting at the train station. Now that is efficient. There was a little waiting before boarding that seemed unnecessary and the food is not that good but edible. One thing that they do is serve children first which was fantastic for my 4 year old son. The ticket price is unbeatable and I would challenge anyone to find a lower price for Montreal-Paris in July. I will definitely be using this airline in the future.

Corsair customer review :  30 October 2012 by  Simon Lourdes   (British Virgin Islands)

Purchased 2 tickets in Grand Large class from St. Martin to Paris, round trip. Nowhere in the options displayed, are you told that you leave from Grand Case airport in St. Martin. You are not told that you change not only planes, but airlines as well, in Point A Pitre, Guadeloupe. Passengers should know these facts, before they purchase their tickets. We rushed to Grand Case to find out that the flight we were on had been cancelled. This left us with 4 hours to kill in SXM and a 30 minute connection in PTP. Luckily our luggage made it. We will not travel on Corsair again, if we can avoid it. The service on board was not the best. The seats left a lot to desire, their video equipment and headsets are old fashioned. The food was not that great either.

Corsair customer review :  19 October 2012 by  A Mani   (Canada)

First time on this airline, was quite hesitant at first but price was too good to let go. Flew from Montreal to Paris and back on 747. Checked in luggage and had a carry on. On the way to Paris - sat on upper deck On the way back lower deck, far back on an aisle seat. Both flights on time (Paris flight was actually early). No trouble with luggage. Food was decent with excellent staff. Overall very nice experience - would definitely recommend.

Corsair customer review :  7 August 2012 by  H Buttitta   (USA)

My wife and I flew business class to Paris from Miami this past month. We found the service to be excellent. The lounges at both airports were spacious, well stocked, and service personnel to be friendly, and very helpful. While, we had not heard a great deal about the airline prior to our trip, we were quite impressed and would certainly utilize it again in the future.

Corsair customer review :  9 September 2011 by  Frederic Elter   (France)

YUL-CDG. First at check-in, I had to wait but staff were friendly. VIP Lounge crowded, lots of food choice, drinks. and computers available. Was not hungry but soup, cheese, sandwiches all available. Boarding was chaotic, they asked families with children first and Business passengers to follow. What an awful experience, had to queue for a long time after children. Very old 747 cabin and plane, staff in Classe Grand Large friendly. Nice IFE system with many choices of movies, but we had little space. Food was tasteless and I wanted to sleep. Baggage delivery was quick. Corsair needs to update the planes and the Classe Grand large.

Corsair customer review :  22 July 2011 by  Louise de Montigny   (Canada)

Montreal-Paris and back with Corsair was a very poor experience. It is very much a child friendly airline, so very noisy throughout the flight. Food not so good and the service was average. My problem is with the airline changing aircraft's without any notice beforehand and therefore my seat reservation. I found out at check-in at which point nothing else was available and I ended up in middle seat as the aircraft was full to capacity. Very long return flight-9 hrs, including wait for take-off lane in Orly (45 mins), and another wait for parking lane at arrival in Dorval (45 mins). Orly airport is a nightmare: conflicting info, long lines with little management, confused staff, unmanned desks and uncooperative staff.

Corsair customer review :  7 July 2010 by  S Duane   (USA)

Corsairfly Miami-Orly roundtrip was a good experience inflight, tourist class both ways. Seats as comfortable as could be expected (on Airbus), food was okay. No movie on overnight flight to Paris, but that was a good thing as the cabin was very quiet. Check in at Orly is a nightmare, as was security.

Corsair customer review : 29 May 2010 by J Gravel

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

Booked online no problems - Paris Orly to Montréal return in "Grand Large". At Orly - the checkin service very poor - they said there were no window seats so I took an aisle - once at my seat - the attendant said the whole row was free! Went to board the plane, early boarding for "Grand Large", and was told by the staff/person at the gate that the "Grand Large" section was not ready and I had to wait. Finally after waiting 30 minutes I asked another person at the gate and she said there was no problem to board. All the luggage of "Grand Large" did not make it - arrived 4 days later.

Corsair customer review : 18 September 2009 : by F Silva

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

I recently booked a flight from Montreal to Paris with Corsairfly and up till yesterday I was happy with their customer service and price. Last night I went onto their website and I entered my reservation number (wanted to see if I have a supper on flight or not) only to find out that the seat reservations that I had (purposely reserved early to get a good seats) was completely discarded. The company decided to use a smaller plane, from a 747 to an Airbus and because of this I now no longer have my seats available to me. I now had no choice but to recontact the company myself, only to have them advise me that I have to choose seats over the wing - the only ones left. They never contacted me and I can only imagine what sort of impact this would of had on me if I had found this out on the day of my departure. My group reservation would have been scattered through out the plane. I am aware that the seating is not guaranteed , but come on! I am disappointed that they didn't even try to remedy the situation nor did they apologize.

CORSAIR review : 18 October 2008 : by Andrew Stanescu

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

ORY to SXM and return via PTP. Excellent flight, confortable seats, good food and drinks services during the flight. Inflight entertainment very good. Staff quality of service rated very good. Ticket price unbeatable !

CORSAIR review : 14 August 2008 : by Rene Engesser

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

Paris-Havana Business Class. They call their Business Class Grand Large - a mix between regular and charter flight. Excellent service, attentive cabin crew, tasty and large meals. Drink service during the whole flight. The seat and the inflight entertainment not so updated as other airlines, but better service than Air France, and fare is more than half less.

CORSAIR review : 7 June 2008 : by Jane Duncan

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

Manchester to Moscow and flight staff were superb! The plane was clean, and crew could not have been more helpful. Food was good - better than I have had on a lot of flights. Would definitely fly with Corsair again.

Corsair review by A Strauß

5 June 2007   Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Paris-Orly to Antananarivo return. The staff in the airplane was friendly, too. But it seems they were just too busy and it took some time until they came after I pressed the steward-button. The service is nothing special but fair. Food ok and filling. Compared to other airlines that I took before (eg. Emirates) the entertainment is quite poor for such a long flight. The confirmation of the flight back took ages and the lady in the travellers agency (I am not sure whether she was Corsair employee; everything was done by phone) was neither able to speak english nor interested. The way back is via StDenis, where all passengers have to leave the airplane (it needs to be cleaned after the trip from Paris). Even if passengers just go in transit, they have to pass a security check that takes ages (it is only one checkpoint for all transit passengers). The flight to Paris was as described above, all luggage survived (Whereas HLX managed to brake it on the short connecting flight). The arrival at Orly is almost at midnight what can make it difficult to get help on the airport or a hotel. The big advantage of taking CorsAir is the luggage limit of 30kg for the big luggage and the lower price compared to other airlines (at least at this moment). There was no reason to complain about staff, I have seen them nicely taking care of parents with babies. Not really good is the comfort, entertainment system is poor.

Corsair review by David Chown

17 December 2006   Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Paris Orly to St Martin, West Indies. Check-in staff disinterested. Aircraft an ageing 747, with very cramped seating and no inflight entertainment screens. Food was disgusting, cabin crew impolite and inefficient. Thank God the aircraft which should have brought us back went unserviceable, and after a four-hour wait without info, two British aircraft including a 747 arrived to carry the passengers Corsair would have put into one! I have flown with most European charters and can unreservedly say Corsair is in a class of its own for low quality.

Corsair review by A Martim

2 May 2006

Paris ORY to La Romana (Dominican republic) Economy class going and business class for coming back. At the airport for the two flights check-in and boarding were quick and organized and there was no delay (rare for a charter airline). The plane was a new Boeing 747-400. Seats very cramped, food disgusting but cabin crew professional and friendly. Coming back I was in business class which is located on the upper-deck : seats were comfortable with a personal screen, food good and service nice. I think the business class of Corsair is not a business class like Air France, British Airways or Singapore Airlines, but better than Air India or Air Mauritius. Price was only 150 euros more for one flight.

Corsair review by Wassim Hammoud

15 March 2006

Corsair A330-200 YUL-ORY / ORY-YUL. I didn't know what to expect from them as I had never taken any charter flight before. YUL-ORY. We took off 2 hours late because the aircraft arrived late from Paris. The flight was fine even though I was traumatized by how cramped the seats were. The crew was friendly and the food was good. ORY-YUL. Now that was a complete nightmare. We were supposed to takeoff at 11 am. We took of at 6 pm, without any explanations. I had the emergency exit seat this time so the flight in itself was good. Will I ever fly again with them? only if I absolutely have too. I give them 4.5/5 out of 10.

Corsair review by Marieluise Ritter

27 February 2005

We went from Paris to Pointe à Pitre/Guadeloupe. Let alone the very poor ORLY airport's service (information desk not occupied, no signs, nobody wants to help you finding the right terminal). On the plane: Seats very cramped, food poor, films uninteresting. But as the seating space in AF to Réunion to which we are accustomed is not a bit better, we took it. Our (direct) flight back was cancelled and brought forward by 3 hours what we learned by chance (!) reading a note on the hotel's pinboard. The plane was very untidy when we got in. And it was not a direct flight; we had a stop- over of a full hour in Fort-de-France (we had to leave the plane and amused ourselves in the duty- free shop), but at least the plane was cleaned there. Result: We started two hours earlier than we had planned and came back to Paris one hour later and were almost too late for our sequel flight from CDG to Frankfurt. Fortunately, there seems to be an understanding between AF and Corsair, and so, even before we landed, we were informed that we need not worry: AF was already informed about our delay (thank you, staff!) and was willing to book us on the next flight, which was eventually not necessary because we got our luggage early and caught the bus by running. Well, as we saved 400 EUR for two persons on that flight in comparison to AF, and as we know know what we possibly would have to expect, we would try Corsair once again.

Corsair review by N Fitzgearl

22 January 2005

LAX-PPT, not bad. The food was just as exceptional as AF, but the FA's were much friendlier and more humorous, very attentive to ones needs. And the fare, US$590, cannot be beat. The 747 was interesting-looking; a giant set of red lips painted on the side with the word "sex" on the landing gear door. Only problems were that there were long departure delays and the seats, while comfortable, were very cramped together. If they still flew to Tahiti, I'd definitely fly them again.

Corsair review by Etienne Bock

11 December 2004

CRL on Paris to Fort-de-France and return and my worst flights so far. The flight from ORY was delayed of 9 hours without any explanations. Then, we had to wait for two hours in the plane after boarding (which was a rush). Their 747-300 are fit with 580 seats (90 more than AF) that's are very cramp and old. I was lucky enough to get a seat in the upper-deck just after the biz class so I had a lot of legroom available but this was the only attract of this flight. The food was horrible and the crew was very rude and only seemed to be interested in getting their break. The way back was horrible (although our flight was not delayed) because of an old 747-200 with even more cramped seats and rude flight attendants (some have even kept their sunglasses during the flight!). I hope no foreigners use this carrier because it doesn't give a good look of France.

Corsair Reviews and Corsair Passenger Opinions about Corsair product and Corsair service standards