Copa Airlines Passenger Reviews and Copa Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  8 October 2012 by J Esbech   (Denmark)

Panama to Orlando. Service was hopeless, not up to most Economy standards. Flight Attendants were very lazy and serving the very basic food and drinks took an eternity. Flight got rerouted to Miami due to weather. I had a connecting flight in Orlando with Lufthansa, and tried several times to get their help to ensure communication with LH, but they refused to say or do anything. While on ground in Miami the Copa official was very unhelpful and clearly didnt care about a connecting flight. Finally arriving in Orlando I just missed the connection by about 1 minute, and LH was furious at Copa and had tried to get info from them without luck. Copa refused to rebook me to another flight, pay for hotel or in any way be helpful. Eventually the LH manager stepped up to the plate and said "never mind them, we will take care of you". LH booked a hotel and new flights home. COPA used to be a very customer focused airline, but after this I will go out of my way to not fly with them again!

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  1 September 2012 by E Guitberg   (Japan)

Rio-Panama-Toronto. Late departure from Rio, but offered dinner vouchers for compensation. Overall comfortable flight, decent food options and entertainment. Doesn't shine in any particular category, but no major faults either. They fly to many destinations so would recommend if flying in South/Latin America.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  30 August 2012 by Sharon Thomas   (USA)

In April, I took flight from New York (JFK) to Port of Spain with a layover in Panama. Employees are more concerned with conversing with each other than they are helping passengers. They mostly stay hidden during the flight and they don't make many announcements. The food wasn't that great either. Tocumen International Airport is dirty. The furniture has stains and rips. I will not fly Copa again.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  29 August 2012 by Todd Nguyen   (USA)

ORD-PTY-GIG-PTY-ORD. Overall I think their service is consistent with 3 stars; they're the United of Panama. I'll fly them again if I have to and only when they offer the lowest fare. One thing that really turned me off was that they didn't hold the connecting flight for late arriving passengers delayed due to bad weather in Chicago. We took off 1.5 hours late from Chicago. When I arrived, I was greeted at the end of the jet bridge by a staff member already holding a new boarding pass for me. They put me on the next flight 6 hours later. They could have and should have held that flight for 10 minutes for me and other passengers connecting to Brazil. Seat pitch is very tight but that's expected for a 3-star airlines and on a B737. Their turnaround time on the ground was so short that I don't think their cleaning staff had enough time to clean thoroughly. As a result, seat pockets still have trash in them. Equipment shows sign of ageing even though they claim to have one of the youngest fleets; I flew on a B737-800. Hot meals were served (all of my flights were over 5 hours) but portion was tiny. Typically airlines food. Dessert was a cookie. On the way back, the meal choices were exactly the same, no variation between routes. It looks like either chicken with rice or spaghetti with beef whenever you get on a COPA flight. I did notice that their alcoholic choices were better than on United. One thing they were free. Another thing is you could get more variety: red, white, whiskey, vodka, and rum. FAs were very average in their service. I asked for tea but the FA completely forgot. Another time I asked for water but my request was also forgotten. They were clearly overworked. Only 3 FAs serving a full economy section with meal and drink service. If you're in the back, you can expect to wait for 1 hour before you can get a meal or a drink.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  17 August 2012 by N Francis   (UK)

POS-PTY-LIM. Overall fairly positive experience, but very expensive at $800. Aircraft in Trinidad was a new Embraer and while roomy and comfortable - we had exit row seats - the most noticeable feature was how cold the plane was. Given that it was 30+ degrees outside this seemed a bit ridiculous. I mentioned it to one of the crew and was given a blanket promptly. One of our party was told in Port of Spain that 'due to a computer issue in Panama' one of our travel party - who had been unable to check in online - would have to have a standby boarding pass for the connection to Lima, but that she would definitely be able to travel on the flight. This was not true. In actual fact, the flight was massively oversold, and the airline had suspended check in that morning. If we had done as we were told and wait, there is no way she would have boarded and she would have been stranded for 2 days like many other passengers were. We were lucky. The second flight was of course full, but the crew worked hard and food/drinks were fine as was the IFE on overhead screens. Crew were slightly less friendly on this second flight but they were much busier. Overall, a good onboard experience only marred by a degree of ineptitude by some of the ground staff.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  1 August 2012 by Andre Souza   (Brazil)

MAO-PTY-MAO in Business class. I can say that Copa has a very consistent product, but their business class model is ageing and not worth the price paid, no PTVs, seats are 80s model, does not recline properly. On embraer aircraft you feel cramped even in business, FAs provide blankets and pillows for everyone, take your orders on arrival with welcome drinks. Food is good, you get entree, main dish and deserts, the service is friendly, but will avoid spending my money on Copa business class, they say they are fitting their newer planes with ptv and skyinterior, I hope they are.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  27 June 2012 by Ron Kuhlmann   (USA)

PTY-CUN. Good experience on all counts. The crew was very warm and accommodating, the seat was comfortable but standard for premium class. The food was well prepared and presented. Overall, a god, solid performance.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  25 May 2012 by E Olmstead   (USA)

I few to Panama from LAX in business class and it was the best flight I've taken. As a Continental mileage plan member, I was able to wait in the Admiral lounges in both airports. The food, beverages and service exceeded my expectations. We had so many food courses on the flight back to LA that I could not eat it all. Very comfortable seats and fabulous flight attendants.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  8 May 2012 by A Athanasiadis   (Spain)

They offer good service and good prices. I travelled last year from Panama City to Los Angeles in business cabin and everything was perfect. Flight attendants are very helpful and friendly. Catering is very good, they offer you a wide selection of food and they have a good selection of drinks.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  30 April 2012 by R Schulze   (Germany)

San Jose, Costa Rica to Panama and Panama to Orlando. Both flights very enjoyable. Friendly crew, spoke English very well, complimentary beverage and hot meal service even on the short segment to Panama. Spotless Embraer 190 and 737-800 aircraft's with decent legroom. Both flights on time. Baggage loading took over 30 minutes, but would definitely travel Copa again.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  18 April 2012 by R Marshall   (USA)

ORD-PTY-SJO: ORD-PTY: older 737-700. Interior was very dated and the seating cramped with a very tight pitch. Old, tired seating. Crew polite and efficient, though their English (inc'l captain) was weak. IFE was a joke, you could barely see the LCD screens. PTY-SJO on an E-190, which was a nice aircraft. More generous space and a more professional crew. SJO-PTY-ORD: Check-in at SJO is an ordeal. SJO-PTY segment was a late flight and was delayed as a result. Equipment was a newer E-190, very nice a/c. Excellent crew, very polite and helpful. PTY-ORD segment delayed one hour with no announcement. Ground crew rough and unfriendly. 737-700 in a little better shape than outbound; but still worn seats and very cramped. Captain and crew spoke good to excellent English. Food was okay - typical airline fare. Not sure if I'll go with them again: dislike the flight schedule and so many hours in old, cramped plane.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  22 March 2012 by B Larry   (Trinidad)

Trinidad to Rio return. Food was typical airline fare and service was excellent. I ordered vegetarian food, it was not on board but the crew made something up for me that was excellent. Cabin crew were polite. Seating was ok and I will definitely use them again.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  9 March 2012 by Allen Bishop   (USA)

Los Angles to Tocumen and back and was completely satisfied. The 737's were in top shape inside and out. Food was typical airline fare, but the service was excellent. Cabin crew were polite, but they need more English speaking personnel. Seating was tight, so placement at the central Exit door was appreciated on the return flight. I will definitely use them again.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  24 January 2012 by S Blum   (USA)

IAD-Bucaramanga Colombia. Every flight was on time or early. Service was excellent, with an airline rep being designated to lead us from point to point in Bogota on our way home for a short connection time. While the planes were not the most modern, food quality was so-so, but all 5 of our fights were like clockwork, hampered only by the (USA required) secondary screening required prior to boarding our final flight to IAD, which certainly mucked things up a bit, but didn't delay our arrival time.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  5 January 2012 by P Schneider   (USA)

Orlando to Buenos Aires return with layover in Panama City. Business Class. Flights were on time. Cabin crew young and friendly. Business class seats not up to international standards for long flights. No foot rest, limited incline. Not comfortable for 7 hr overnight flight. Food and entertainment just ok.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  13 December 2011 by J Krupa   (Canada)

YYZ-PTY-SCL. Smaller and older 737 from YYZ to PTY. Bigger and newer to SCL. But it changes depending on the season. Surprisingly everything ok. All flights on time. The newer planes very comfortable. Inflight services good. Food not great but ok. Connection in PTY pretty smooth. Very good value for money.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  7 December 2011 by Andre Franca   (Brazil)

MAO-MGA-SJO-SDQ-PTY-MAO. Still find their fares very affordable and fair, service is good, mix of nice cabin crew and boring ones, but that you find on every single airlines! the inflight service is a little bit poorer. And such a great plane the Embraer!

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  2 December 2011 by C Tamberes   (Nicaragua)

MGA-IAD return via PTY. All flights on time and friendly crew onboard. Flights to and from DC were operated with the new 737-800 Sky Interior which was nice and made you forget that you were on a plane. Surprisingly good food and no problems with baggage.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  23 November 2011 by Chris Johnson   (USA)

BOG to MGA through PTY. Due to bad weather flight departed late from BOG. Only 5-10 min transfer time in Panama before the connecting flight to MGA. Immediately after landing my name was called, picked up at the gate and informed by ground staff at which gate my connecting flight would depart. Connecting flight waited for me and departed immediately. Most surprising, Copa and PTY managed to get my luggage on the plane to MGA (in less than 10 minutes!). Never seen anything like that.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  4 October 2011 by G Kohen   (USA)

CLO-PTY. Short 1 hr flight. Comfortable Embraer jet with very good leg room. Flight departed on time, and during the one hour flight breakfast was offered along with a drink service. Professional crew, flight attendants spoke English, will definitely try to fly them again. PTY is a decent airport. Immigration took less than 2 mins.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  16 September 2011 by R Larson   (USA)

LAX-PTY. The crew were kind and smiling, everything is free including liquors. The breakfast is very good and punctuality excellent. Very good attention to detail.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  16 August 2011 by Haryn Gameros   (USA)

LAX-GUA. The flight experience from check-in at LAX to arrival in GUA went smoothly. Flight attendants were good along with the food. On time and overall a great flight.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  5 August 2011 by Sergio Pereira   (USA)

GUA-SJO. I was very dissatisfied when COPA changed the time of the flight and I was not notified. That being said, the service was good. I had two breakfasts (one between GUA-PTY and one between PTY-SJO). Loved the ERJ 190, very comfortable and the service was good for two short flights.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  29 July 2011 by Andres Torres   (USA)

Washington-Cali-Washington. Very good for the price I paid. The flight was punctual and the food was actually good.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  26 July 2011 by Gustavo Maciel Motta de Carvalho   (Brazil)

Rio to Toronto. It was very good value for money. Planes are clean and brand new, cabin crew impressively attentive, the food was ok. I chose Copa because of the low price compared to Air Canada. But now I know I can choose again for the quality and punctuality too.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  1 July 2011 by C Leung   (USA)

Copa changed my flights several times. My original reservation was to depart IAD at 6:28 a.m. and arrive Lima at 3:06 p.m. No reason was given for the multiple changes. I thought the original flights were cancelled. It turned out not to be the case. Apparently, Copa overbooked and simply bumped me to later flights, with no explanation and no compensation. As a result, I had no time to sight see in Lima at all. I will not fly Copa again even though it is joining the Star Alliance program.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  20 June 2011 by J Weitzen   (USA)

Orlando-Quito-Orlando via Panama on an award ticket using my OnePass miles. I make frequent trips to South America and after flying US carriers many times I was shocked by how different the experience was. All flights left on time, aircraft were quite new and well-maintained, onboard service was warm and professional (they actually thank you with a smile when picking up garbage and service items and treat you as if they value your business), they permit non-elite customers to book exit row seats, the food was edible, liquor was available free of charge and the transfer in Panama was absolutely painless and stress-free. Given the efficiency of the ground crew in Panama and the airline in general short connection times in Panama should not be a problem. I also had an issue with my reservation that needed to be worked out prior to my departure and instead of being placed on hold for an unreasonable amount of time or waiting in line for an hour at the airport check-in counter only to be greeted by someone who treats you like the enemy, a Copa representative assisted me through their 24-hour live chat service after only having to wait 30 seconds and spared me a lot of time and headache.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  28 April 2011 by D Mauro   (USA)

LIM-PTY. Nice flight, helpful FAs, and a nice breakfast. Got into Panama a few minutes early and had plenty of time to make my connection with Continental Airlines.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  27 April 2011 by Harold Bush   (UK)

Copa changed my flight time Cartagena-Bogotá from 1250 to 2009 and did not tell me. I noticed this by chance and spent over one hour trying to get through to someone to put me on an earlier flight. No explanation, no apologies.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  20 April 2011 by R Warr   (UK)

Bogota to Cartagena and back. The flight was just over an hour, but plane was clean and seemed modern and well maintained. The flight attendants and ground staff pleasant and friendly, flights good value for money.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  21 March 2011 by L Perez   (Costa Rica)

SJO-EZE via PTY. The first flight in a clean Embraer 190, crew friendly and attentive, service was ok. In PTY we de-boarded the plane on stairs, but took hours for the bus to leave to the terminal even though everyone was on it. Boarding in PTY was quick and we were greeted by attentive flight attendants who were not that friendly. Inflight a nice meal and checked the cabin every now and again. I have to say however that the entertainment system in this B737-800 was very poor, limited to overhead video screens. Also, the seats on the plane are comfortable but could recline a little more.

COPA AIRLINES customer review :  10 March 2011 by D Lazarus   (USA)

JFK-PMA-CTGA-JFK. I have flown Copa for a number of years and this is the first time I faced disappointment on both flights. Attendants indifferent and inattentive. After serving the meal, they disappeared for the rest of the flight. Copa used to give a beverage first and then another with your meal. Now it's just the beverage with your meal. My gluten-free meal never appeared. On the flight down to Panama, one toilet was out of working order. They did leave and arrive on time, however.

1 2 3