Continental Airlines Passenger Reviews and Continental Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Continental Airlines customer review :  28 April 2011 by D Mauro   (USA)

Trip Rating : 4/10

EWR-HNL-EWR. Continental no longer gives out complimentary food on this 10 hour+ flight from Newark to Hawaii. And to make matters worse, my original ticket said that meals were included, but I was never contacted about the changed policy. I ended up having just a small snack before boarding and was shocked to see only food for purchase offered (which they ran out of). Pretty disgraceful for a long-haul flight!

Continental Airlines customer review :  27 April 2011 by K Martin   (UK)

Trip Rating : 1/10

Heathrow to Houston with Continental. Found the flight attendants rude and they appeared to be put out when you asked them a question. Although I had booked a vegetarian meal there was no vegetarian option for one of the meals - only a meat sandwich. The flight attendant did not care and I was denied a meal. On the return I asked at check in to confirm my vegetarian meal had been ordered. The reply was along the lines that if there wasn't a vegetarian meal onboard then I should make do with what there was available - eg. remove the meat from the meal. I did receive my vegetarian meal this time but it was frozen and by the time it had defrosted I discovered it wasn't worth the wait. We were left with the trays on our tables for 45mins before flight attendants came around to remove the rubbish. If at all possible, the flight attendants were even more rude on the return journey and incredibly inefficient. They are by far and away the worst airline I have ever had.

Continental Airlines customer review :  26 April 2011 by W Miller   (USA)

Domestic First

Over inflated flight attendants think they have all the power in the universe, one decided to eject a MM+ Platinum from the aircraft because she wanted the seat (up front, near the door). Will never again fly this airline - after 15+ years of loyalty I'm done.

Continental Airlines customer review :  19 April 2011 by R Wiegmann   (Germany)

Trip Rating : 9/10

TPA-EWR-FRA. B737 ex TPA was 90 minutes late due to mechanics in EWR. Enough time to change in EWR, however the airport was a chaos with permanent changing gates and Presidents Club being more than full and unpleasant. B777 to FRA, great lie-flat seat, good IFE and crew helpful & friendly. Food was ok, nothing special.

Continental Airlines customer review :  18 April 2011 by B Nielsen   (Denmark)

Trip Rating : 3/10

Newark to Frankfurt. Poor service and poor food compared with other airlines on the same route. They charge high prices for drinks of any kind and everything is served in the same time around. Frankfurt to Newark used Lufthansa - same price but what a difference in service and quality. At Lufthansa the food was good and we were served repeatedly. And no payment for anything. No wonder the Lufthansa flight was fully booked while in the Continental flight had many empty seats.

Continental Airlines customer review :  18 April 2011 by R Thomas   (UK)

Trip Rating : 8/10

LHR-EWR-LHR. Cabin Crew okay, food except breakfast okay, breakfast - 5 pieces of fruit plus croissant. Both flights on time, baggage arrived, operated by B757-200 with PTV screen to watch films.

Continental Airlines customer review :  18 April 2011 by John Stansfield   (UK)

Trip Rating : 9/10

LHR-IAH-GRK rtn. LHR-IAH on B777-200 and IAH-GRK Saab340 (Colgan Air). All flights on time. Airport and ground staff helpful and friendly, used online check-in and very efficient bag drop at LHR Terminal 4 - took less than 5 minutes to clearing security and getting airside. Seated in 44B both flights on B777 and found seats to comfortable and good value for money. AVOD worked superbly and a huge choice. Cabin crew were OK and did plenty of beverage service. Didn't get a choice of meal but sitting in the back is a quieter and less crowded cabin. There was no noise or inconvenience from the rear lavs or galley. Continental Connection (Colgan) flights on the little Saab were fine too.

Continental Airlines customer review :  4 April 2011 by John Mason   (USA)

Trip Rating : 3/10

Flew Continental from Houston to Guadalajara. Flight was cancelled due to no flight crew. Had a 4+ hour delay. Is this any way to run a company? I think not. Will continue to use this airline as they are only non-stop service, but can't wait until Southwest has direct service thru Volaris.

Continental Airlines customer review :  3 April 2011 by Davis Cloward   (USA)

Trip Rating : 0/10

We had a 48 hour delay in a 3rd rate hotel in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. The subsequent equivalent Continental flights on 03/28/11 and 03/29/11 left on time while the passengers from the 03/27/11 flight remained on the ground. Obviously an alternate airplane was sent for those flights, yet no such arrangement, nor other arrangement was made for us. Two days represents a considerable expense and lost time to individual passengers as well as to our employers expecting our return to work. Another airplane should have been sent since ours had a mechanical failure. Our seats cost $1100 each because we booked only a month in advance (I have flown much further for much less and arrived on time). The closest thing we got to compensation was a $12 food voucher for use at Newark Airport! I think this experience proves that Continental is uninterested in their passenger's needs. I will do my best to avoid flying Continental again.

Continental Airlines customer review :  28 March 2011 by J Lemon   (USA)

Domestic First

LFT-IAH-MCO. The LFT-IAH flight operated by a Continental Express ERJ-145 was delayed 2.5 hours due to weather. This meant had only 12 minutes to change terminals at IAH and connect to our flight to MCO. Fortunately, Continental held our connecting flight so I made it just barely. IAH-MCO on B757-300 in first class. Dinner quite good as was red wine selection. Seats comfortable and service great. My checked bag actually made it as well so I was quite pleased in view of the earlier delay due to weather.

Continental Airlines customer review :  27 March 2011 by S Cone   (USA)

Trip Rating : 4/10

Continental is the most egregious of all airlines when it comes to adding hundreds of dollars in fees for items that used to be free, and every time I fly, the fees keep going up. Thank goodness my company pays for travel, but $120 RT for baggage, $188 RT for exit row seats, $18 RT for meals - all of which used to be free - is simply egregious. As others said, the crew is never very nice, and you feel like they are merely trying to tolerate the passengers. I say if they don't like people, they shouldn't be in the service industry. I am writing this while on hold with their customer service. First, I was on hold for 15 minutes, someone picked up by saying, "hello" and nothing else. I asked for a receipt for the extra legroom and she said, "Let me transfer you to the correct department," and now I'm back on hold for 10 minutes already. Maybe I'll be on hold for another 15 minutes which will make 35 minutes total to get a receipt sent to me. I checked online, and a receipt for extra legroom is not available. Continental has a virtual monopoly on Newark Airport in NJ, and they take full advantage of it.

Continental Airlines customer review :  24 March 2011 by L Lowe   (Ireland)

Trip Rating : 2/10

Flew with them for the first time from Dublin to New York. Plane out was delayed by 3 and a half hours because the cover for one of the emergency exit lights was missing! We were told for 1 hour that the delay was due to the ongoing servicing of the plane, then they finally admitted what the problem was. It took over an hour for a new plastic cover to be sourced and a further hour to get the cover and get us onboard. Then on the way back we were 2 hours delayed because the plane we were getting had been sitting in a different terminal all day and had to be brought over to our gate. God forbid they might plan ahead and get the plane over earlier so that we actually took off on time!

Continental Airlines customer review :  20 March 2011 by H Castle   (USA)

Trip Rating : 9/10

SAN-IAH-AMS, BRU-EWR-IAH-SAN return. Domestic segments on B737-800. IAH-AMS on B767-400ER. BRU-EWR on B777-200ER. Planes clean and in good repair, service professional and friendly, food above average, and baggage arrived with me. DirectTV on domestic flights a plus, older IFE on B767 adequate, AVOD on B777 excellent. New lie-flat seats on B777 very comfortable.

Continental Airlines customer review :  16 March 2011 by Karen Robertson   (USA)

Domestic First

Continental has gone to the dogs. They publish rules for one pass members, but don't follow them. Today, I tried to book a flight for February 2012. I called at exactly 1 minute after midnite, Houston time. I was put on hold for 1 hour and 50 minutes. I used other phones to call other continental numbers and got recordings saying that their call volume was too high and they could not take my call. At 3am, I finally got a real person who said there were no seats on February 15, 16 or 17 for One Pass members. I could call back in a few days. This was on the heels of having cancelled one cruise because Continental could get me to Buenos Aires, but they could not get me home. It is obvious that they purposely ignore their own rules so that you cannot use acquired miles.

Continental Airlines customer review :  15 March 2011 by Trevor Harrison   (UK)

Trip Rating : 5/10

Just taken a return flight from UK to Newark USA. We paid extra for return flights with extra legroom. We thought this well worthwhile (757 row 21). We were pleasantly surprised by the amount of room, and felt the box underneath the seat in front was not a real problem. My gripe with Continental on both outward and return, (and you will see this in lots of comments on this site), is our dissatisfaction with cabin crew. They are discourteous, arrogant to a very high level, and so full of their own importance that is almost incredulous. I for one, will never use this airline again.

Continental Airlines customer review :  14 March 2011 by C Lynn   (UK)

Trip Rating : 0/10

The worst airline I have used. Flew return UK to Mexico via USA. Cabin crew are the rudest I have met, unable to answer questions politely. Found a passenger sitting in one of our seats on inbound flight - crew refused to remove that person, so we were forced to sit apart and called "pathetic" for wanting to sit in our allocated seats. Told by another crew member they didn't have time to tell us what the drinks options were when we asked. Really poor service all round.

Continental Airlines customer review :  6 March 2011 by R Thomas   (UK)

Trip Rating : 8/10

BHX-EWR-PTY return SJO-EWR-BHX - best and cheapest way of doing this routing. Booking this multi leg and class trip on web site was easy with seat selection at booking no problem - much better than almost all others for odd routes and fare very competitive. Smooth trip both ways with 3 seats for two of us. Also booking business on one leg gets lounge access and early boarding for the other leg - as long as both trips are international. Seats OK, AVOD excellent (if a bit American biased) on transatlantic sectors and service routine and efficient rather than warm. All flights on time.

Continental Airlines customer review :  5 March 2011 by D Crum   (USA)

Trip Rating : 6/10

EWR-BCN Boeing 757, crew did adequate job. However, beware the seating in economy. Many of the economy seats on B757 have extremely limited legroom due to some sort of electronics/media box under the seat in front of you. You can barely put one foot under the seat, let alone two. Extremely uncomfortable on a long flight!

Continental Airlines customer review :  25 February 2011 by J Foster   (UK)

Trip Rating : 2/10

This is the worst airline I have encountered other than a few dodgy African internal flights where just arriving at your destination is considered a good flight experience. Cabin staff not very friendly at all. The food from Newark to UK was hot on the outside but almost frozen in the middle - they changed it for a different one but it's an uncomfortable feeling having just had a mouthful of undercooked chicken. The seat was the most uncomfortable I have sat in, with a hard bar right at the base of my back. We paid more for the extra leg room but with electrical equipment under the seat in front it wasn't as roomy as billed. The entertainment package was good but the headphone socket was in the wrong place and it fell out every time I moved a muscle. The luggage was quick off the plane as was disembarkation. The movies we pretty good and the eventual hot meal was quite tasty.

Continental Airlines customer review :  21 February 2011 by E Brigard   (Colombia)

Trip Rating : 0/10

I used Internet to purchase extra leg-room seats. It is a negatively misleading system, as it leads you to believe all seats are taken, when they are not. When I accessed the web page few days in advance to reserve seats, it showed full plane. I paid extra for aisle, which is already ridiculous, only to find out, after boarding the plane, that it was half empty, and had plenty of aisle seats available at no cost for users. In total, I paid U$256 dollars for the premium seats, which where everything but vpremium, just because the system is set up so you only have the option of paying if you want to seat in any isle location. And this is after paying U$1330 for the round trip (Bogota-San Diego-Bogota). I believe this is an abuse against customers, as we can't preview the real seat assignment for a flight on Internet, just what Continental wants us to see. On top of all, system was down in the segment San Diego-Houston and we were obliged to take whatever seat we could find. The employee at the boarding gate just told me my receipt of payment was not good to prove I had paid "preferential seats" and would not accept any argument about it. I finally got refunded (big deal!) for the trouble. Still, the whole system and process stinks.