Continental Airlines Passenger Reviews and Continental Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Continental Airlines Customer review :  30 November 2011 by P McCallion    (Canada)

We upgraded to First Class and had to fight for everything we wanted. The flight attendant started by offering us either water or orange juice. The food offered was the same as the food in Economy and when asked for more they told us one package per person and no washroom for just First Class. The First Class flight attendant assigned to take care of 6 people helped more with Economy class and even ignored our repeated calls for service. We finally arrived at Toronto International Airport in a rain storm and were told to get off the plane and walk. We will never fly Continental or United Airlines again.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2011 by J Esbech    (Denmark)

SDQ-EWR. The arrogance of the Continental crew is only surpassed by their lack of competence. No individual entertainment system despite this being a 4 hr flight, and the choice of movie was inappropriate for children. The food was awful.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2011 by Craig Cutts    (UK)

MCO-EWR-LHR. Very poor service and I've flown with many airlines over the past 7 years. 757-200 MCO-EWR was just about acceptable, however the overnight service from EWR-LHR was dreadful. No priority boarding for Star Alliance Gold Members or Business Class pax, 7 hrs on what appeared a very old 757-200. Food was appalling and inedible, FA's totally disinterested, I don't expect much in economy but other airlines manage so why not CO. I wont be using them again, after 7 years of Gold membership, I'm very much thinking of switching my loyalty to another alliance/airline if this is the best United/Continental can offer.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  23 November 2011 by L Baker    (UK)

London-Newark and Newark-Costa Rica. The international leg was fine. The outward trip to CR was just awful. No entertainment system unless you wanted to pay, one drink and one snack, no blanket or pillow. The staff just seemed to disappear. The return leg was better. More drinks and two snacks, but still no free entertainment system. I would not choose to use Continental again unless I had no choice.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2011 by H Austin    (USA)

The food in the forward cabin from Liberia, Costa Rica to Houston, Texas, was virtually inedible. The passengers in economy were told there was only one choice, rather than several available for purchase, which is inexcusable on a flight of more than 3 hours. The connecting flight to Denver, already delayed for an hour without explanation from the crew. the purser and 3 other flight attendants stood talking in the forward galley without offering a glass of water or other beverage to the first class passengers for more than 30 mins. When service was given it was grudging, save for one attendant. The merger, despite corporate ads to the contrary, have done nothing for customer service. We would choose to fly almost any other airline overseas and certainly Frontier rather than the new United domestically.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2011 by T Mink    (USA)

NRT-EWR flight. Perpetually uncooperative and tired crew. Not interested in smiling. Unbelievably poor quality breads. Crew not interested in coming round for a second time to serve despite being in the business cabin.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  16 November 2011 by M Fillingham    (UK)

Manchester to Newark. Flight was on time, and staff were friendly and provided an excellent service, providing drinks throughout as well as trolley services. The return journey was a little late leaving due to problems with air traffic control, but the Captain kept passengers informed about the delay. My seat pitch was sufficient, but I wish airlines would deter passengers from reclining their seats when there is limited space available, especially when tables are down for eating/drinking.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  9 November 2011 by K Sobkowski    (USA)

SEA-EWR-BOS-IAH-SEA. On all flights staff were indifferent or just plain rude. Seat comfort nice until I boarded final leg of my journey. I expected 737-900 to be modern and comfortable as 3 previous aircraft's, but looking at the interior it seemed to be too old for 737-900. Seat pitch tiny and seats narrowest I have seen. Continental has become substandard at par with US Airways. Beverages offered - cup of ice with splash of soda or juice. Only SEA-EWR had entertainment system working, as for others it didn't exist or was broken. Service was just awful.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2011 by Janet Borthwick    (UK)

Birmingham-Newark. Excellent service. Only grumble - I had reserved seats for both ways (Row 10ABC). Fine going out coming in after automatic check in at Newark found ourselves on Row 38ABC - disappointing. Cabin Crew on both segments were on hand if needed.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  2 November 2011 by R Young    (Australia)

LAX-IAH-EZE in Business First. LAX Presidents Club fine. Initial domestic leg was good with an older but friendly crew. Day time, food good and wine OK. Attentive throughout the flight. Second segment was on a 777-300 where we weren't able to be seated together. A passenger overhearing the request kindly offered to move. The level of service continued to be poor, the food and wine was also below standard. The amenity kit was good. The crew gave the impression they were just going through the motions.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  25 October 2011 by J Segal    (USA)

TPA-IAH-PHX in coach. Exit row seat TPA-IAH, regular coach seat IAH-PHX. Big difference in room and comfort! Full planes on both segments, but even with all that carry on, both flights on time. Still amazes me how everyone crams near the gate at the beginning of boarding and are turned away due to them trying to board early. Kudos to the gate agents for controlling that. Power source nice to have to stay charged. Direct TV available if you are willing to pay, if not, you are on your own.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2011 by W Hadley    (USA)

On a recent flight DEN-LAS we were charged $75.00 each as we flew on a flight standby, earlier than our scheduled fight. Three other people we knew travelling the same flight also earlier, (Standby) were not charged the $75 fee. We currently, (my wife and I) have over 60,000 miles with Continental although we are not Elite status. None of the three other people we knew on the flight were "Elite" status either, although they were not charged? I've written a formal complaint to Continental Airlines and have not heard back from them, it's been two weeks now since the written complaint.

Continental Airlines Customer review :  20 October 2011 by Taylor Gilfillan    (UK)

While traveling to Orlando from Belfast my family (my husband and 2 sons who were 3yrs, 9 months and myself) stopped over in Newark. The flight was late and we had a short connection. We would not have made it if it had not been for our angel, a Continental Employee who helped us out so much. She was amazing and because of her, we not only made the flight but had time to spare. I can not thank her enough. Traveling with small kids was nightmare and she made our experience in the airport a dream. 6 months later and we still appreciate the wonderful help.