Condor Airlines Passenger Reviews and Condor Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

Condor Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Swapnil Rupji    (USA)

Economy Plus

Great Experience for Low Cost travel. What I liked: New aircraft's from Minneapolis to Frankfurt and back. Easy booking experience and economical fare. On time both ways. Got upgrade to Economy Plus to accommodate me and my wife together. Very good take off and landing experience. What I didn't like: Fees on credit card payments which is also a foreign transaction. No vegetarian meal option. You need to pay extra before travel to order special vegetarian meal which I came to know during the flight. Only 1 movie and 1 TV Serial in Economy Class. Economy Plus is recommended for long travels.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by K Langlands    (USA)

Economy Plus

My 16 year old son and I flew business class non-stop back and forth from Las Vegas to Frankfurt on Condor this past week and everything was great. The check-in process out of both airports was quick and the planes left on time. In the air - the flight attendants were very nice and we never had any problems. The food (in particular) was very good. The drinks cart came around all the time so my glass was never empty. The on-board entertainment was more than adequate for a 10 plus hour flight and I really liked the nearly lay-flat beds. I say nearly because they say that the beds are 170 degree flat - close enough. Anyway - before we left - I had read a number of negative reviews about Condor but honestly I didn't see anything to be concerned about. Granted we were in the higher level class of service and who knows what goes on back in coach but for the price we paid - I am more than happy and I would definitely book with them again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by D Sawhill    (USA)

Flew Condor with a group of 6 high school kids SEA-FRA. Pleasant check in staff, professional cabin crew. Reasonably comfortable new interiors on B-767. Have flown with many groups on many airlines and this was one of the best experiences. Will definitely book with Condor again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by L Kramer    (Canada)

I will not be flying Condor again. We flew Frankfurt to Calgary, economy seating. I have flown my fair share of budget airlines and this was by far the worst customer service I've ever received. Long story short, the staff at the desk in Frankfurt were rude and condescending. My boyfriend and I were on a connecting flight, and could not obtain our tickets until the gate opened before the flight. The agent refused to provide us with our boarding passes repeatedly until boarding began and all other passengers had received their boarding passes. Evidently they had either purposely or mistakenly changed our seats to be completely separate from each other, and made it impossible for us to try to change this. No apology was received for this mix-up and she actually had the nerve to accuse us of being negligent in checking with her that day. Appalling service. Plane itself was basic, as well as all other inflight services.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by P Glawogger    (Austria)

Frankfurt to Anchorage, Boeing 767-300. After reading all the reviews I was quite worried, but I was glad to find that there was no reason to. The cabin has been completely refurbished, every seat is equipped with a screen. The entertainment program is €7 plus €3.50 if you do not bring your own headphones. 1 movie and 1 episode of a TV series are free, and so is the extensive audio program. The staff was friendly and attentive. We all had a bottle of water in our seat pockets and drinks (water and juice) were offered throughout the flight. We got two meals, a lunch and a snack - ordinary airline food, but it was ok. Soft drinks and coffee/tea were free in Economy, you had to pay for alcoholic drinks. I would definitely fly Condor again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Rane    (USA)

I flew with Condor for the first time today from SEA-FRA, with a connecting flight onto AMS (via Lufthansa). I only booked my flight 3 weeks prior. My one-way ticket with Condor was less than half of other direct flights to AMS. I had read some less than favorable reviews of Condor, so my expectations weren't high, but given the cost savings, I was willing to be open-minded! I did pay the extra fees to select my husband and my seat, online check- in was smooth, and there was no hassle with bringing my rolling suitcase and backpack as carry-on luggage. There was a minor delay at departure, but the pilot made up the time, so no worries. My first impression once getting on-board was that it was a very new plane, state-of-the-art entertainment system, and comfortable, almost "bucket style" seats. Granted, they didn't recline very far, but hey, it's still economy! The flight attendants were polite and friendly (though they did mix up my drink order), the food was pretty good, but the beer was warm and tasted terrible! The options for the entertainment system looked good, but at €7 and considering I was exhausted, I didn't bother using it. Overall, this was the easiest and most pleasant longhaul flight I've taken and I will definitely look at Condor for any upcoming travel plans to Europe!

Condor Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by B Acuner    (USA)

I read a lot of reviews about Condor and was hesitant about using them for my travel. I was pleasantly surprised when I sat foot on their 767. The aircraft interior was newly renovated, very clean. The slimline seats were some of the most comfortable I have sat on. I usually don't like these since they lack padding. 11 hour flight was ok. They served drinks about 5 times, more than any US carrier across the Atlantic. There was lunch and snacks at the beginning and the end of the flight. Nothing gourmet, but it was tasty and filling. Their inflight entertainment offered a lot of options for 7 EUR but I opted to read a big book instead. All the seats had a big screen TV at the back of the seat. I will use them again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  1 July 2014 by H Mutschler    (Germany)

Condor Boeing 757-300 from Dusseldorf to Jerrez in Spain. Check in was quick, but then it got worse. Flight late due to late arrival of aircraft - just 30 minutes so no problem. Boarded plane with bus transfer, at the aircraft we waited 15 minutes before the door opened, then 1 hour on the plane. Crew said, that the bags of the arrival flight were still in the plane due to a lack of staff, so after that they would load our bags. But we saw the staff sitting on the tarmac. Inflight we were served a snack, a bun with cheese or salami with cream cheese spread, but we have a lactose intolerance so no food for us. Our travel agent and the booking was informed of that. Only coffee and water for free, the rest you have to buy.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by A Schuh    (Germany)

End of May, Vancouver to Frankfurt. I was not expecting much after reading some of the reviews. After experiencing Condor myself, I did not see anything wrong. Nothing unusual at the check-in, absolutely no Condor staff checked the carry-on bags for overweight and friendly as supposed to be. There were two meals on board and plenty of non- alcoholic complementary drinks. Every seat had its own entertainment monitor, but not much movie selection. Only one thing caught my attention. One passenger had problems finding a space for her carry on. Flight attendant No.1 said that she cannot do much about it and proceeded on what she was doing. Another flight attendant, No.2, was caught up in a discussion with the passenger, but the problem did not seem to be solved until a while later. I had a sense that the flight attendants were somewhat poorly trained. I had similar experiences on United airlines, but here the flight attendants solved the problem quickly, without arguing with the passenger.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2014 by B Bougas    (UK)

Dec 2013, FRA-CPT. First off, its a budget long-haul carrier so don't expect any frills or the usual treatment you'd normally get from a "mainstream" carrier. Think EasyJet with a bit more leg-room and a few options and you start to get the picture. I was actually pleasantly surprised, the check-in process was easy, the transfer at Frankfurt was effortless and the flight itself was comfortable. You do have to pay for all the extras, beverages, water etc and you do need to upgrade your IFE if you do not have an electonic device to keep you occupied. I didn't bother, the seat had a USB port so all I did was plug in and use my phone to keep me entertained. For what it is - it's not that bad. If you're more concerned with getting to your destination rather than the "fluffy" stuff inbetween then you can't go wrong. You get what you pay for in the end. For me, they got me to where I needed to go and they did so comfortably and in good time. They don't pretend to be something they're not, they are a no-frills long haul budget airline.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2014 by W Kaplinowski    (Canada)

I flew from Vancouver to Frankfurt. Condor Airlines, once OK, have over the years became unfortunately a second class airline. Service inflight and at the airport is substandard and very inefficient: staff at check-in counter were rude, unprofessional and poorly trained. An airline to be avoided.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2014 by Martin Gilligan    (USA)

Economy Plus

I recently flew from Las Vegas to Frankfurt and I have to say that I was very pleased with the service offered onboard. The crew were nice and always asked if I needed anything. The food was good and the entertainment as well. Too bad they don't offer in-flight WiFi.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by J Scherer    (Germany)

FRA-CPT-FRA. Both flights in their refurbished 767 Condor Business Class, former Comfort Class. Booked Condor as it's the only airline offering a non-stop service Frankfurt - Cape Town. New cabin looks state-of-the-art. The 170-degree lie flat seats and the new IFE both are a great improvement compared to the cabin before. Very small amenity kit. Just the basics: Toothbrush and paste, mask, socks and earplugs, not even a lotion. But packed in a foldable bottle cooler, nice idea. Catering was so-so. Had beef on both flights, tough meat every time. About punctuality nothing to complain about, both flights arrived some 10 mins ahead of schedule. The friendliness and attention of the crew was outstanding and deserves a special appreciation. Would definitely choose them more often to CPT if they were a member of either oneworld or Star Alliance, unfortunately you can't collect any tier/status miles on Condor flights, just Miles and More award miles. Otherwise thumbs up for their new Business Class product!

Condor Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Autorino Silvia    (Italy)

I was travelling from VCE to Phuket through Frankfurt on 10 December 2013 with my 19 month old daughter and my husband. For such a long flight we got only one plate of pasta with pesto each and a very poor breakfast. A couple of bottles of water and that's it. We fly every year and have done for 10 years with other companies to Phuket and have never experienced something like this. I asked for a seat at the in front to be able to arrange a bassinet for my baby to sleep but they refused my request. I asked for food for my baby but I was told I had to bring it from home. I have my flight back to Venice next week and I am already looking forward to it being over. Headsets were sold to passengers but after one hour the entertainment program was interrupted because it was out of order! I would never recommend Condor!

Condor Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by J Bartek    (Poland)

Economy Plus

We travelled in January with Condor from FRA to CUN. Due to critical opinions on this airline, we were sceptical about our flight. Fortunately, it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable flights we have had. The check-in and boarding were fast and smooth. We flew in Premium Economy which offered us generous legroom and very good seat comfort, excellent food and beverages, as well as travel kit, incl. couple of gadgets, like socks, tooth brush and paste, etc. The only complaint regards lack of IFE. Unfortunately, our B767 was not one of their refurbished machines, so we had to watch movies on overhead monitors. However, the renovation of their B767s should be completed soon, so if we fly with Condor on long haul again, we hope to take advantage of refurbished interior.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2014 by J Blasini    (Puerto Rico)

Jan 1st 2014 from Munich to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria on an A320, almost fully booked. Check-in was slow but I gave myself enough time at the airport in MUC. On New Years day Munich airport was relaxed and quiet. The flight was wonderful. An excellent crew came with two rounds of free champagne to celebrate new year during the full hot meal service on this 3 hour flight. Food was tasty and even more quantity than American carriers across the Atlantic serve and of better quality. This is a low cost carrier. Carry on weight was checked during check-in with an efficient staff. Condor is by far better than some counterparts. Passengers need to stop whining about carry-on rules; remember you packed your bag, not the airline.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Francis Wood    (USA)

Economy Plus

I recently flew from Las Vegas to Frankfurt and back. The check-in process in Las Vegas was quick and smooth. I usually fly Economy Plus on United so I opted for Condor's Premium Economy Class and must say - its definitely worth the extra money. Not only did I get more legroom but I also got one of these amenity kits that you usually get in business class. How nice. The crew were kind and nice and frequently offered beverages during the flight (on both flights). The cabin must have been refurbished lately. The seats seemed new and all passengers had their own TV screen incl. USB charger. Food was ok but I'm a picky eater anyway.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Zhur Svetlana    (Ukraine)

The worst flight I have ever had. Me and my husband booked a flight with Condor (Frankfurt - Cancun - Frankfurt, December-January 2013). The staff at the check-in desk were rude and helpless. Seats on the plane were very uncomfortable. Will never fly with them again and will never recommend.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2014 by K Frykman    (Sweden)

Flew Cancun-Frankfurt in January 2014. Have very little to complain about. Food, staff, attitude, price, seats - all was at par. The only drawbacks were a slow check-in (an hour) and that onboard entertainment is old school overhead TV's (so bring your own).

Condor Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Ana Kothe    (Puerto Rico)

We flew economy from Puerto Rico to Germany and back (14/12/13-11/1/14). On the San Juan-Frankfurt flight, the entertainment was outdated, but on the way back we had TVs on the back of the seat in front of us, which for a 7-euro fee made the 10-hour flight tolerable. Very nice if it were free, since most of the movies and TV shows dated from 3-10 years back. Regarding space, it is minimal but since my husband and I are on the small side, not unpleasant. The meals are about average for long-haul flights, as are amenities like pillows and blankets. The flight attendants are more chipper than average. Regarding the baggage requirements. If you look on the internet for passenger opinions, and if you scrutinize Condor’s policies, you will notice that they state a 50-lb weight limit for the one checked-in suitcase and 13 lbs for the carry on. We pre-weighed and triple-times pre-weighed our check-in and carry-ons. However, no one, neither in San Juan nor in Frankfurt seemed to care about said limits, people around us simply argued a bit at check in and, overweight baggage accepted. Speaking of check-in: in Frankfurt – as noted in other reviews – it was awful. Awful in the sense that every Condor flight was checking in at the same time. Although no assistance regarding kiosk check-in was given whatsoever, my impression was that checking in through a kiosk may be a better way to go. What is the benefit of having passengers (like us) who arrive over two hours ahead and are freaked-out by the extraordinary line: blood pressure rises, worries escalate while reading the 45-minute-to-the-counter signs with no one to guide or help out. Can Condor improve their Frankfurt in-airport service? My last comment is that the fare was not that great. We have flown other airlines at economy for less and received more.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Karl Moosbrugger    (Austria)

Economy Plus

FRA-Funchal-FRA in EcoPlus, back in Eco. After reading all these negative comments I had zero expectations but was positively surprised. We left an hour late due to a technical problem but the cheerful ground crew gave lots of information and told passengers exactly at what time the delayed flight would board. On board a friendly crew with good service (considering it is a charter airline), warm meal and sufficient drinks. The seating comfort was much better than expected. Although I am tall I had a comfortable flight. Similar experience on return, this time flight spot on time. Will use them again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  14 December 2013 by J Lategan    (South Africa)

DE 6229, Cape Town to Frankfurt, 1 December 2013, Seats: 31 D and E. We had high expectations from this airline because of it being a direct flight and the time it would save us. The first problem was with the on-line check in. We, with our travel agent, tried many times during the 24 hours before the flight with no success. We checked in 3 hours before the flight and could only secure 2 seats in the middle block. We were squashed with less leg room than in all of the many planes we flew in the past for nearly 12 years. It was extremely uncomfortable. This flight was the very first long distance international flight where we had to pay for alcoholic drinks. When the main meal was served (curry chicken) which my wife may not eat, she asked for a possible alternative. The stewardess was very rude and replied that in the economy class, you must accept what is served, you don't get any choices. Why should economy class passengers, which is the bulk of your business, seen as inferior to the others. Your entertainment system is outdated and very basic and leaves you no personal choice of films and, added to this, that you even have the audacity to charge for the headset. We received none of the much appreciated extras as routinely supplied by your competitors, that may improve your flight like earplugs, toothbrush etc. Except for the return flight which leaves us no alternative, you can be sure that we will never fly with them again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Petkovic Vesna    (Serbia)

Frankfurt-Mauritius and back, 6/10-14/10. Very unsatisfied with the service, from the beginning until the end. No room in the seats at all, no kindness, they will not see me on board again!

Condor Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by K Wiggins    (USA)

My husband and I travel extensively all over the world. We consider ourselves seasoned travelers. Our flight departed from Anchorage to Istanbul without incident. We sat in Economy, comfortable seats, attentive service, pleasantly surprised, food adequate. However, our return trip from Athens, Greece to Seattle was awful! Lufthansa agents in Athens extremely rude and unwilling to help us with connections to both Seattle and Frankfurt via Condor. Upon arrival in Frankfurt, Condor agent appeared disinterested and borderline hostile that we were disturbing her. Flight from Frankfurt delayed 3 hours due to mechanical issues. No accommodations at the gate other than two vending machines, thus one would have to go through security again should you wish to eat something more than junk food. Once plane was "repaired", all passengers had to leave the gate and have their tickets re- scanned for the same gate and same aircraft. One gate agent attempted to perform this task for approx. 100 passengers. Once aboard, service did not begin for almost 2 hours. Service began with a mini-Snickers bar, no water. Once, the beverage service began, we were offered water, Fanta or Coke. No ice, so everything was room temperature. Our male flight attendant said we could have an adult beverage at no cost, so I asked for red wine and my husband asked for a Jack Daniels and sprite. To our surprise, he did not know what red wine was! Additionally, my husband was denied his order and told he could have either wine or a gin and tonic. Dinner while free of charge was pretty awful, pasta with some sort of sauce and coleslaw. The bread and cheese accompaniment was good. During the evening hours, a different flight attendant would come by with a water bottle in one hand and cups in the other, waving them over the heads of passengers while sprinting down the aisle. Two hours prior to landing in Seattle, we were offered breakfast and a beverage. We asked for coffee and were told by our inept male attendant that none was available, but we would find it available at the Seattle airport. We are not sure what the breakfast meal consisted of, it was cold and inedible. Bottom line, yes you get what you pay for, but it does not explain the contrasting difference between the service we experienced leaving the states to that of returning to the states. We will never fly Condor again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by B Kneabone    (Canada)

My wife and I traveled (round-trip) from Halifax, NS to Frankfurt and a connecting flight to Budapest, Hungary. The ticketing was quick and easy (2 minutes). Boarding was also easy and the same as any other flight, organized by row etc. It was $1000 cheaper than any other airline. It left on time. It was a standard Boeing 767-300 with standard seat sizes. The meal was pasta and tomato sauce, which was hot and tasty but it was airline food. The staff were very cordial and friendly. I would fly Condor again and probably will.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by J Shen    (USA)

This airline is very difficult to find in the airport at Frankfurt. Although I checked in online, they did not honor the seat selection and our boarding passes printed out with different seats 13 rows apart from each other. The ticket agents are rude and refuse to help change the seats, each one claiming a different colleague who is arriving at an unknown time in the future, is the only one who can handle our request. Stay away from this airline, it is not worth the hassle.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by J Kadlec    (USA)

My wife and I always travel business class on international flights, and thought this was what we were purchasing when we bought "Comfort Class" tickets, however the only relationship their "Comfort Class" has to business class is that you are able to use the business class lounges. Our check in was off in the corner of the airport, no priority check in for "Comfort Class" and the line was almost an hour long. In the boarding area, we were paged by name and the agent took our four tickets, ripped them up, then reissued three tickets. I returned to the desk and asked for the missing ticket, and the agent tore up the three tickets and reissued four tickets. When I returned to my wife she reviewed them and noted we now had three tickets and a duplicate. I returned to the desk, and again the agent tore up the four tickets and issued four appropriate ones. The boarding time came and went and we all continued to stand around. Eventually we boarded, then sat for an hour at the gate. The flight subsequently made up almost all of the time. The plane didn't appear clean. Upon boarding we realized our seats were very uncomfortable and clearly weren't comparable to business class seats with other airlines. The seats are hard, and have no lumbar support. There is perhaps an extra inch or an inch and a half more width than coach class. These seats don't lie flat or come close to it. The only entertainment was from small screens on the forward bulkheads. The cabin attendants were very pleasant and the food was well prepared. The organization of the return flight was just as big a mess as the initial flight. The gates were way off on their own, and although coming from a connecting flight we had to again pass security. Condor agents finally showed up. There were no announcements, but they manned 3 desk positions, the boarding position and also had a woman who wandered back and forth behind the desk, becoming involved in some passenger details. We were in a long line to board, but when it was our turn, we were directed back to one of the desk positions to show our passports again. We waited in the long line to show our passports and then the agent directed us back to the long line waiting to board. Finally we boarded, this time the plane was clean, but the seats were just as uncomfortable as on our initial flight. Once again, the cabin attendants were quite pleasant. They gave us food frequently, and it was always good. We will never use this airline again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by J Maitre    (Australia)

Salvador - Frankfurt, 29th September 2013. Flight DE 7077. The rudest airline staff I've encountered. We were travelling with four children under 5, the youngest two are twins, and my husband and I had one each on our laps. First, the host rolled his eyes and pursed his lips every time he rushed past us in the aisle and the children were hampering his progress. Given the size of the seats (my knees pressed the seat in front) it is normal for toddlers to stand in the aisles from time to time, and he had his knickers in a knot about it even though they were promptly moved aside for him to pass. That said I couldn't understand why he might have been hurrying as customer service was zero. My son spilt water on his seat and the hosts would not give us a towel or serviette to dry the seat, and so we had to sit on a wet seat for 10 hours. They would not let us change our babies into pyjamas in our seats, but would also not let us go to the toilets to change them, telling us we needed to wait for the seatbelt sign to go off - and it remained lit for 3 hours. I ended up very upset and having words with them about their extremely poor attitude; they said we had no legitimate complaints as "no one else was complaining" and it was our problem for travelling with four children (who, I might add, were good as gold and didn't cry once the whole time). In short, travelling with a family was a nightmare on this airline, and not on account of the children - I have taken more than 40 flights with my children and we have never experienced such rude, obstructive and lazy hosts. We will never - never - fly with them again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Andrew Russo    (USA)

Economy Plus

Vienna to Frankfurt (Lufthansa), Frankfurt-Washington D.C. (Condor). Upon arrival to Frankfurt the departure screen showed my Condor flight 2 hours delayed. I arrived at the new departure time and we were called to board, except we didn't actually board, we were just moved into a small room near the gate. As soon as the last person presented their ticket an announcement was made "the flight is delayed, we have no information." I asked the gate agent simply if the plane was in Frankfurt or still on the way from another destination. She replied "we have no idea." An hour later I called customer service to inquire about other flight options since I had a meeting the following day. Customer service said they could do nothing and that I should write a formal letter of complaint, which didn't solve my immediate problem of getting to Washington. At this point the flight was 5.5 hours late. I asked for my bags to be returned and called Lufthansa to arrange a flight the following day. I then waited 2 hours for my bag. I will never fly with Condor again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by S Sadegh-Nasseri    (USA)

Milan from BWI. I experienced some of the negative points other reviewers had pointed out. My worst experience traveling with Condor was their strict requirement for how much your carry on must weigh and their lack of communication with their partner airlines (Lufthansa, in my case) where I checked in luggage. I checked in at Milan Airport on Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then to BWI on Condor operated flight. The gentleman at the Lufthansa counter checked-in my bag to BWI without weighing it. When I tried to board the Condor flight in Frankfurt I faced two rigid ladies who were asking passengers to weigh their carry on and empty them to less than 6 kilograms, or pay 100 Euros to check them in. Interestingly, this was happening only with these two ladies, the other line checking in with another agent did not have to do this. When we got onboard, the majority of the luggage compartments were empty. Another awful point relates to the inflight entertainment. On a long flight of about 10 hours from BWI to Frankfurt, the only entertainment was a small video screen showing a movie of their choice. We even had to pay $5 for a a pair of headphones. Ironically, the same movie was being shown on the way back from Europe! Regarding flight timeliness, our flight had a 5-6 hours of delay after we had check-in at the gate. We had to wait for another plane to arrive as our plane had mechanical problems.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by R Albertson    (Dominican Republic)

I had a round trip from Santo Domingo to Vienna. The low price almost makes up for the short comings of the service. It's not all Condor's fault, though. I booked through Travelocity and Condor would not allow me to directly upgrade or reserve seats. They referred me back to Travelocity, and Travelocity said they couldn't do anything, go through Condor. The limits on baggage weight are a mixed blessing, as there wasn't a big hassle loading the plane with filled overhead compartments. Check your carry on weight as you check your luggage so you don't have to pay extra when at the gate, as I saw several other pax doing. I appreciated the rule much more during the trip than before the trip. I had read about the advantages of the Premium Economy and Comfort class, and I believe it would be worth it, but I was comfortable in my aisle seat in Economy, and I'm over 6' tall. I can imagine others that wouldn't be. On board, the service was exceptional in comparison to the price I paid. The food was better than most airline meals I've had in the past few years. If you're flying on business, I'd recommend a different carrier, though. Another issue is that the Condor hub at Frankfurt is in Halle C, so it's a long jog from the feeder Lufthansa flights, and another security screening. Part of the low price is that the pre-flight services are minimum. They don't start processing for a flight until immediately before it departs. As far as the entertainment, my iPad had more than 75% of its charge when I arrived, as the inflight system was interesting enough, though really dated.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2013 by M Kral    (USA)

Condor started direct service to Seattle 2 years ago. In that time one would expect that this no-frills partner of Lufthansa would have corrected some of the service and comfort complaints. Not so - although I booked well ahead (in Feb.) for a July flight, booking took place in Germany. As a native speaker, that was no problem for me, but American tourists take note. Check-in was fine, and the SEA staff very helpful. Once we got seated in the waiting area, a Condor employee kept snooping around looking for over-stuffed and probably over-weight carry-ons. The long flight on an older-model 767 was uncomfortable. Tight seating, poor air supply (no separate air vents), cabin heat and tiny old-fashioned TV screens. These were outdone by what must be the worst airline food we have ever been served! Personnel would pass out little 4 oz cups of water or soft drinks from time to time, sometimes with a tiny ice cube quickly melting. Beer, as I quickly learned, was 3 Euro, and you got a tepid small can. We bulked up for the return flight - brought food along. Check-in at Frankfurt terminal was a silly circus of having to line up, showing the boarding pass, and then lining up a second time at the other counter, doing the same thing. This time the 767 was a newer version with adequate TV, more legroom and adequate temperate conditions. The food and drink, however, was even worse! One reason I chose Condor was the price, as compared with other airlines. Although the cabin staff were very professional, I cannot recommend this airline for its food and lack of comfort.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Wagner Gunter    (Germany)

Economy Plus

Flight back from Seattle to Frankfurt in Comfort - Business Class, not Economy Plus. Plane was not full, so I had two seats for myself, which was great. As stated below, the old reclining seat - no lie flat - are out of state- of-the-art, but still quite comfortable so I got a good night sleep. The Lufthansa angled lie flat Business class (not the brand new one which is real lie-flat but not installed in all planes) did not give me a better experience. Food good, as I often experienced not so good as when you leave Frankfurt, but comparable to much more expensive airlines. Staff very nice and helpful, a really good experience. Flight was in time and good. Entertainment system worked but outdated, drop down TV, but you can get your own DVD player in C-Class, but only 4 uninteresting films. Preferred to sleep. When arriving at the baggage carousel my bag was already there (not so in Vancouver). I booked 1 day before I flew at half the price of British, Iberia, Lufthansa, so it was very good value for the money. Will fly Condor again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Pauline Henry-Blake    (Germany)

Flew from Montego Bay Jamaica, to Frankfurt on flight 3163. It was 2.5 hours late. I missed my connecting flight to Geneva as a result of this. There were no condor agents to assist at Frankfurt airport. The food was not bad. Staff was friendly and kind.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Wagner Gunter    (Germany)

Frankfurt - Vancouver. Not a state of the art Business Class, similar to Business class 20 years ago, but still quite comfortable with reclining seats. Condor Business Class is about 50 % of the Business fare of the normal Airlines and I booked 1 day before! Food superb, better than many regular scheduled Airlines, absolutely comparable to LH. Crew very friendly and nice. Toilets kept clean. Nice Details, a rose for each passenger. Inflight Entertainment average, you can order a personal DVD player.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Harvey Jones    (USA)

Understand the rules and the process before you get to the airport to eliminate unpleasant surprises. We knew the strict weight restrictions for checked luggage and carry on items so there was no problem. Flying non-stop from Seattle to Frankfurt on a 767 in economy was 10 hours long with 2 edible meals and 3 second rate movies. We could have chosen to upgrade, but knowing exactly what to expect we opted to use the money saved in Europe instead of getting a better airline dining experience and 16 cm of more legroom. If you need maximum creature comforts, upgrade or chose a different airline. If you like to save. Money for more important things, this may be the airline for you. We were satisfied, arriving on time both coming and going.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Florian Haas    (Germany)

5/8/2013, STR-HRG, 12/82013, HRG-STR. Flights on time, in Premium Economy middle seat remains free which is the main advantage, premium meal is only a little bit better than in normal Economy, amenity kit with socks etc. nice. Cabin Crew outbound nice and friendly, inbound relay bad: like in former times on eastern European airlines the military style flight attendants. General advice: with a little bit more of extra attendance of the cabin crew the Premium Economy could be a Premium Product.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  14 August 2013 by Chistopher Dore    (UK)

ANC-FRA, Boeing 767. Flight good and on time but comfort and food awful. Overnight flight with no personal lighting meant cabin was very dark and I could not read at all for most of the flight. Main meal served was one of the worse I've ever had. No choice, just pasta with dried and pretty solid tomato sauce.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Dorothy Durdos    (Mexico)

Will never fly with them again. Check in took over 2.5 hours, we arrived early, huge lines but kept getting bumped out of line as they had to take other passengers who waltzed in late. They would pull them to the front of the line. They did this with 4 flights ahead of us. Hold you in a small lounge in Frankfurt like cattle, no air- conditioning, boarding is chaotic, free for all. Seats terrible, narrow and no leg room, jammed in like sardines.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Terrence Liu    (Canada)

Frankfurt to Toronto on July 29, 2013. DE1060. We arrived at our destination. Aside from that, this airline caused us great frustration at every turn: (1) My wife and I were given incorrect directions and made to wait in unnecessary lines at our transfer. (2) They split up our seats so we could not sit together. (3) They lost our luggage. (4) They botched our missing luggage report. (5) Provided absurdly poor customer service whenever we tried to get help. Air travel is a complicated service and I expect that things will go wrong sometimes. The most important thing for me is how an airline deals with a problem when it arises. I have flown dozens of airlines all around the world, and I can honestly say that Condor has been the worst by far. I would not recommend flying with them.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by J Ammon    (Germany)

Chose Condor as alternative from Frankfurt into Washington DC via Baltimore instead of Dulles - this is a draw: Baltimore is a smaller and nicer airport but Wash-Baltimore Pkwy has very heavy traffic, so 1.5 hrs can be expected, Dulles is 0.5h. Booked however because Condor operates B767, which I like better for 2-3-2 seating than B747/777 3-4-3 seating of LH/UA. However seats were awfully cramped, legroom merely existing, seats not comfortable. Restrooms extremely small, few. Flight-Entertainment very poor: TV screens in aisle in poor quality, no indiv. screens providing itinerary info for those interested. Food was given no choice, but was ok. Flight attendants in first leg were attentive, friendly and competent. In second leg however almost harsh. However this leg was packed with difficult pax (tourists, many crying babies) so service was certainly not easy for FAs. Yet they were harsh in asking shades be put down in even in full night, though light was kept on. Which was a blast because lights didn't need to be kept on for such a long time, which drove the many babies mad, so the overall unrest increased. Then again the crew were doing a great job with the kids, patient. First leg was late on takeoff but caught well up, second leg was ahead of time, pilots provided a very calm ride. All in all I guess Condor is a classic case of you-get-what-you-pay for and the difference in price is rather marginal than substantial, especially destination airport taken into in consideration. Condor seems generally ok, but remember they are carrying tourists, no frequent flyers, so mood/atmosphere differ quite from carriers more business orientated.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Andrew Leeke    (Australia)

Economy Plus

Frankfurt to Havana. Picked Condor as approx. $1000 p/p cheaper than flying Air France. Seated in Premium Economy for minimal extra cost. Well worth it for the leg room. Flight Attendant was fantastic. Entertainment was old drop down TV, but that wasn't a problem, as slept and read. Food and beverages plentiful and served at regular intervals on our 11 hr flight. If flying with them, they are very strict on stored and cabin luggage weight, which we think is great as people bring on far too much cabin luggage. We witnessed many people having to re-pack or pay the excess fee which is very expensive. This problem is well documented on reviews so we were well aware of this before we booked with Condor so had no problems at all. Condor was very helpful with obtaining our Visa for Cuba which we purchased at their counter at check-in time. Check-in desk was easy to find at the Frankfurt airport after arriving by train. Would not hesitate to fly with Condor again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  24 July 2013 by C Meunier    (Canada)

YVR-FRA. Crew at Vancouver Airport had no idea what to do. They didn't know where I should get my second boarding pass and send me twice to the wrong place. Wait for more then 1 hour on the line just to drop-off my bag. Flight was late in both ways! Almost missed my connecting flight. Food not very good. Crew onboard were very friendly. But you get what you pay for!

Condor Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Charles Kennedy    (UK)

LAS-FRA paid for a sector with Lufthansa onward to my final destination of London when I booked hassle-free on the airline's own site. Check-in at McCarran's new terminal was very pleasant - German ground staff helped me through the process of using one of their automated kiosks then directed me to a counter to pay $100 for my second suitcase. Whilst doing so, the agent moved me into an exit row window which was greatly appreciated. After gambling away my last $20 on poker machines at the gate, boarding was efficient with zones strictly enforced. Taxied for ages to a far runway while other planes that pushed after us took off without delay from the main runway. Initial ride was bumpy as we climbed over the desert but clear and confident bilingual announcements from the cockpit assuaged even the most nervous flyer's concerns. Dinner was fairly light but enough to satisfy. No seatback entertainment, just a kid's movie on the TV monitors above the aisles, but I was happy to read and enjoy the view outside. Unfortunately the otherwise-friendly crew were hysterically overzealous about passengers closing window blinds, one even reaching across and slamming it shut just inches away from my nose as I enjoyed the sunset. In the end I literally had to tell one to calm down and that I promised to close it before falling asleep, which I eventually did. Possibly helped by the extra legroom in the exit row, I was very comfortable thanks to the complimentary blanket and pillow. I awoke to a small breakfast snack and drink, and before we landed in the rain at FRA on time and disembarked at a remote bussing stand, the crew announced the departure gates for Lufthansa flights all over Europe and the Middle East. Lufthansa may no longer own Condor (the tail says "Thomas Cook") but obviously still have close relations which is very beneficial to the customer - my connection (and that of my two suitcases) to my London flight was seamless. For a leisure airline, this was an excellent experience and I will go out of my way to fly them again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  19 July 2013 by C McLeod    (USA)

Seattle, WA to Frankfurt, Germany - SEA was confusing, it was difficult to find the Condor desk - but once we did, it was a smooth process. SEA is always difficult, and for that reason, I avoid flying in and out of SEA, preferring PDX. Anyway, the Condor flight was just fine - because of reviews I had anticipated difficulty with size of seats, storing carry on, food/beverage service. But it was a smooth flight, kind and attentive attendants, food was very good (surprisingly), beverage service fine - though no coffee refills. All was well for a 10.5 hour flight. Luggage was available almost immediately, and customs processing in Frankfurt was very smooth. Same with the return trip - and because we took a train into the FRA airport, we could check our baggage in with the new air/rail check in service . I will definitely fly with Condor AIR again - good value!

Condor Airlines Customer review :  19 July 2013 by Chris Cincotta    (Australia)

Flew out of Frankfurt into Calgary. Flight delayed 2.5 hours. Food is not nice at all. Entertainment is a joke and you are made to pay for earphones. You get the first drink for free and then must pay after that. Seats are a bit firm anad there is not much space between each seat. The staff were generally nice enough. I have to fly with them again as I am returning to Europe but I am not looking forward to it.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  12 July 2013 by Stefan Diaconu    (Canada)

I've just embarked my daughter in Calgary for flight to Frankfurt, DE 3095. Arrived at Calgary 2 hours before departure and found a long line for check-in. We had tried to check online but the site didn't work. Spent 1 hr in line, when we finally reached the desk, the luggage exceed the weight by 2 kilos. We asked the attendant to leave us few minutes to take out something from luggage, but after 5 minute she came and told us that they need to close the check-in and if we haven't finish we must pay $130. So we had to pay. I was in touch with my daughter close to plane taking-off and the flight was delayed 10 minutes. I don't understand why the check-in was closed early. My daughter told that space between seats was very tight and front seat didn't had a monitor as for a long flight. I am expecting her landing in Frankfurt and I will come back with more information.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by R Gupta    (USA)

Las Vegas to Frankfurt, April 2013, Premium Economy. I had a rather pleasant experience with Condor, something much better than I had expected. The seats were comfortable, despite the lack of a headrest, and had adequate legroom. Seating arrangement is 2-3-2, which is best when traveling with family. There is no barrier separating Premium Economy with Economy, but this was no problem. As far as food, all options in the menu card were of meat or fish, so it was a good choice in selecting vegetarian meals for us. Our preferred meals arrived and were more than sufficient; lots of side dishes and snacks accompanied the main course. The flight attendants were friendly and I had no problems with them. Entertainment: there are overhead screens in all cabins, and the film selection was decent, coming in both German and English. Overall, I enjoyed my 10hr flight with Condor and would definitely fly them again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by B Bastian    (Brazil)

First and last flight with Condor, Frankfurt-Salvador! 2 hour delay, no Condor staff at the airport/transfer desk - only available over the phone! Customer Service hung up on me twice and didn't even think it was necessary to apologize for the delay. Moreover, the airplane staff were unfriendly, the plane was old (no TV) and limited in terms of space. The price I paid would have been the same for a different airline. The only reason I was obliged to choose Condor was because no other airline offers this direct flight from FRA to SSA!

Condor Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by S Ptctan    (Germany)

FRA-MBA return. Flight was 12hrs delayed due to problems with the plane. Were brought to nearby hotel with shuttles. Got all the information we asked for. Flight was ok, staff friendly, legroom astonishingly spacious for a charter. No personal IFE though. Food nothing special. Return without any problems or delays.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2013 by L Cho    (Canada)

Vancouver to Frankfurt. Generally pleased with the overall experience. Flight back to Vancouver from Frankfurt turn into a nightmare, as we were connecting from Rome, we got off at Frankfurt, and proceeded to the Condor gate at 1.30 pm, got to the gate at 2pm, and there was a long line-up. After that line, we had to line up again for the security. When we finally got to the gate, we found the Condor agents were weighing everyone's carry on baggage for the 6 kilo limit and if over the cost was 20 Euro per kilo. There were 3 of us travelling together and combined we were 11 kilos over as we had purchased some duty free items. The agent grabbed our boarding pass and refused to give it back to us unless we paid the 220 Euros for the 11 kilos of overweight carry on. We felt so trapped so we paid. Never again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Rainer Gelling    (Germany)

DE6120, Frankfurt - San Juan (Puerto Rico) on June 8th, 2013. Good service and nice staff. Toilets kept clean. Both meals were ok for that price in Economy Class. I was lucky that the seat next to me wasn't occupied. Otherwise it would have been hard to stand a 10 hours flight in such narrow space. Next time with Condor I'll book Premium Economy for sure, mainly because of the 15 cm more.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by N Berger    (USA)

Picked Condor because it was low cost, or so I thought. You don't get to pick your seats until after you pay, and then you find out you have to pay to pick your seats. I had two small carry-ons and they wanted to weigh one. The charge for being over 6 kilos, on the 2nd item, was 75 euros. On leaving Seattle heading for Frankfurt, departure was nearly on time. As the flight occurred during the night I expected the lights would be turned off and I actually asked, after a few hours, when they were going to be. I was rudely told not until the flight attendants had finished selling to passengers. The flight back to Seattle was an even a longer delay plus paying extra 75 euros for a slightly over 12lbs 2nd carry-on. All communications on the plane, full of English speaking people was in German first, then English. After flying for over 11 hours on the return flight the gate was in use so we waited 20 minutes only to have the occupying plane break down. So we moved to another gate and waited another 15 minutes for their ground staff to relocate, before we were allowed off of the plane. You could not pay me to fly on this airline again.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by B Smith    (USA)

Flew round trip Las Vegas to Frankfurt Germany. Pretty much everything that can go wrong went wrong. Seats are completely inadequate for international flights. Very little leg room, no amenities to charge devices and no interactive entertainment. They did not have my non dairy meal, and rather than own up to it, they said it was my fault and that I was supposed to pay for that. I've never been asked to pay for a meal to be dairy free when otherwise free. Condor never posts their gate info until the last minute, leaving you sitting outside security like I am doing right now waiting for my delayed flight to be assigned a gate.

Condor Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2013 by Caleb Langford    (USA)

Comfort Class

Keeping in mind the old expression, "you get what you pay for", I booked one way SEA-AMS in Condor's Comfort Class. At only USD $1659, it was $900 cheaper than the next lowest fare on Icelandair (FI). Check-in was smooth and quick, with a dedicated counter, boarding was efficient, an on time push back from the gate. Cabin interior was pleasant and the seats, though limited in the degree of recline, were wide and comfortable. A full dinner and breakfast service was served, with choices made from the menus that were distributed by the friendly and professional flight attendants. The food was actually better than most first class meals I've had on domestic US carriers. Condor uses a live stream that allows passengers to view movies and other programming on their own computer, tablet or smart phone. There are also digi players available at no charge for those passengers traveling without their electronic devices. I like the fact that I was able to use the business class LH lounge in FRA while awaiting my connecting LH mainline flight into AMS. Put aside all the negative reviews of Condor, and book their business class cabin without trepidation. It really is a good product at a reasonable price.

1 2 3 4 5