Condor Airlines Passenger Reviews and Condor Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

CONDOR customer review :  13 January 2012 by H Sauer   (Germany)

Boeing 757, FRA-AYT Jan 2012. Airplane quite clean and young, crew friendly, check-in procedure professional and effective at FRA, personnel at gate at least tried to board by sectors, food/beverages for the 3 hour flight sufficient and quality OK - much better than competing airline that we took on the return flight. Only the seating is quite cramped in economy - in width and legroom, we wouldn't have coped with a longer flight.

CONDOR customer review :  1 November 2011 by B Wilson   (Canada)

Vancouver to Frankfurt return. The flights themselves were probably a 7 or 8 out of 10. The food was good and the service was friendly. The seats don't allow much leg room and they seem a bit narrow but we managed. The real problem is with the Condor staff that check you in, and I would give them a 1 out of 10. The web-site did not allow us to pre-select our seats from Canada so we went to the airport early so we could get window seats. We were the 2nd people in line when the wicket opened and when we asked for a window seat the woman said that they had all been assigned online. We told her that because we were the 2nd people in a line of hundreds we were hoping she might be able to switch our seats. She said no. There was no smile, no apology - nothing - just a flat no. And our experience back to Canada was just as bad. It took almost 2 hours for the check-in. The lines were incredibly long and while waiting to board I must have heard six different passengers complain that they had to pay 20 Euro for each kilo their carry-on bag was over the 6kg limit. One person said that they would gladly throw out the chocolate they were bringing home for their children but were told that it was too late and they would have to pay 60 Euro penalty. And of course we were sitting in the middle section again. But the young pregnant woman sitting beside us was not even allowed to sit with her husband. They told her they would not try to find any seats together for them so she spent the 10 hour flight alone. Would I fly Condor again - not on your life! The land crew of Condor Airlines has scarred me.

CONDOR customer review :  14 October 2011 by Walter Bloemendal   (Netherlands)

Comfort Class

Frankfurt to Salvador return comfort class. Food was pretty good, attendants friendly, service was good, seats are pretty good as well. May not be as good as KLM business class, but it's half the price. All in all a good experience.

CONDOR customer review :  6 October 2011 by L Kenward   (Canada)

Economy Plus

We give Air Condor a definitive ‘thumbs down’. There were some positives (decent food and drink and reasonable leg space), but negatives dominated. Most importantly, passengers need to be aware of unreasonably tight restrictions (1 item of less than 6 kilos) on hand luggage, stiff penalties for excesses (20 Euros per kilo), and a policy of checking-at-the-gate, by which time it is too late for passengers to re-pack their luggage. On our flight (from Frankfurt to Vancouver on 1 October) dozens of unhappy passengers were paying penalties of hundreds of dollars.

CONDOR customer review :  28 September 2011 by J Smith   (Canada)

Economy Plus

I travelled with Condor with a 1.5 year old baby as the first leg from Vancouver-Frankfurt-Prague trip. For the price, the experience was good. They gave my child games and they bumped us up to Premium Economy on the return and food was fine (one free alcoholic drink is given).

CONDOR customer review :  28 September 2011 by A Oharkova   (Czech Republic)

Panama to Frankfurt, Economy. The stewards were not really customer oriented, no smile, just robotic. The entertainment onboard was a couple of TV screens playing some Disney films and 2 normal movies. You can buy headphones for 3.5 EUR, however many passengers did not have Euros. The quality of meal was ok, but the problem appeared with the first snack - the steward simply forgot to give the snack to me and my partner. Later I asked for it and they did not even say sorry - she just told me It happened because her colleague was too fast. I know I travelled in Economy Class but still I paid enough to deserve suitable behaviour from staff.

CONDOR customer review :  8 September 2011 by B Klug   (Germany)

Comfort

FRA-MBA-FRA Seating in Business Class okay, charter competitors are better. No personal inflight entertainment, only screens on the bulkhead. Good choice of meals and a good selection of wine. Crew friendly and professional.

CONDOR customer review :  6 September 2011 by J Urbaskova   (USA)

Flew with my 17 month old and my friend and her 6 month old daughter from Fort Lauderdale to Frankfurt and to Prague. At the airport told we could not sit together and we did book the seats together. Onboard my friend ended up sitting next to a passenger who was drunk, she asked to move and was told there were no free seats. One person felt sorry for my friend and he changed seat with her. It took the attendant 2 hours to get me a water. I was very disappointed with all the service I received.

CONDOR customer review :  14 August 2011 by Gene Keyes   (Canada)

Halifax to Copenhagen via Frankfurt. Frankfurt airport is overcrowded, departure gates are not posted until a few mins before boarding. The Boeing 767-300 holds over 250 passengers, and there was a very long queue, being passed through a pair of checkpoints, to get on bus after bus plus a 15 min wait. Halifax airport was far more efficient. Onboard I found the seat so thinly padded that I sat on the head pillow. The lunch was so-so, and later, a snack consisting of a piece of cheese in a dry bun, with beverages a while afterwards. At least Condor did provide 2 or 3 free rounds of beverages during the flight. The Condor magazine had about 70 pages of duty-free merchandise which seems like a distraction from the business of flying.

CONDOR customer review :  12 August 2011 by L Oikawa   (Canada)

Calgary to Oslo return. Condor leg from Calgary to Frankfurt went well both ways. The 2 flights were on time. Leaving Calgary we were the third people in line so got an exit seat. Their seats have limited leg room and the seats are not wide. Meals were adequate and they serve plenty of food and drinks throughout. If you are taller and require more leg room, upgrade to Comfort class.

CONDOR customer review :  11 August 2011 by A Anjou   (UK)

Comfort

Frankfurt-Zanzibar with a stopover in Nairobi. Condor's Business Class is not on par with other competitors but it only costs a fraction of the price. Interior was clean and crew friendly, meals were alright. My only disappointment was that we were allocated new seats for the (short) Nairobi-Zanzibar leg because of some passengers disembarking and joining. I had originally chosen a window seat but found myself on an aisle seat.

CONDOR customer review :  4 August 2011 by Oldrich Janecek   (Austria)

Frankfurt-Calgary. Economy class was overbooked which caused chaos for seat distribution, therefore at the time of departure we were still sitting at the gate waiting. On-board service was average. As it was a flight from Germany to Canada with a German company, communication in German and English must be considered sufficient however, many German passengers had trouble filling out the customs declaration which were only in English. Lack of information about the position of the plane and other flight data. As expected, in Economy class one does not get much space, but as I am not very tall and had an aisle seat, it was not a problem. Anchorage-Frankfurt with stopover in Fairbanks: we left Anchorage nearly on time, but had 1 hr delay in Fairbanks, reportedly due to new software equipment. Flying from ANC we spent 12 hrs on board, during which time we only got 2 snacks. At the gate in Anchorage there were various free newspapers, but all of them were outdated and there was no recent American papers.

CONDOR customer review :  25 July 2011 by Jens Stief   (Germany)

We flew Frankfurt to Phuket in an outdated and badly maintained 767. The Food was meagre, service was poor with no drinks served between meals. My Seat was damaged so it could not be reclined. On the return there was a stop over in Bahrain. There was a problem causing the aircraft to be grounded. It took hours before we were transferred to a hotel.

CONDOR customer review :  1 July 2011 by A Tsiorba   (USA)

I had a great flight. I got bumped up to Premium Economy class, the airplane was clean and new. The stewards were very professional. The food was great! the fed us 4 times! One snack on arrival, 3 times with the drink cart, 2 meals and a farewell snack. I've never reviewed before, so that proves how much I loved flying.

CONDOR customer review :  27 June 2011 by W Bartsch   (Germany)

Flight AYT-DUS with 1 hr delay at take-off and 40 min delay at landing - nothing displayed at airport! No reasons told at airport - finally get an explanation on board. But from the reception until the end of the trip no single word form Captain or cabin staff that they regret the delay or wishing no further inconveniences - felt like cattle. Some cabin staff ok - some others like at a market (walking through the plane and screaming "water, water..."). Despite a 40 min delay (and one of last arrival at DUS) - Condor was not able to avoid apron-position - so further delays and missed our last shuttle bus (cost me 15 €). Obviously due to late arrival - also baggage needed additionally more than 30 min (there were no other passengers in arrival hall) - after arrival at conveyor belt. Also online check is only possible if you have pre-booked the seats (with add. costs) - only mentioning this after you finally filled-in the registration forms.

CONDOR customer review :  4 June 2011 by L Frederic   (Germany)

FRA-AYT-FRA: Check-in at 4 am was a mess and had to wait over an hour to get checked in, as 6 or 7 flights were leaving early. However counters were well organized, an electronic system was assigning counter numbers to the guests and representatives were walking around calling for passengers with flights that were about to close check in. Check in staff in AYT unfriendly, didn't cared about seat requests and gave me an aisle stating flight is full although it was half empty and I was able to move on board to an empty row. Both flights were on 757-300 aircraft in good shape with retrofitted seats on inbound flight. Full meal on both flights and movies shown. Headsets need to be paid for. Crew friendly and announcements in both English and German. Would fly them again, although sometimes it's a hit or miss experience and they're often affected by huge delays. If price and schedule are fine, I would rather go with Air Berlin or TUIfly.

CONDOR customer review :  22 May 2011 by Emilio Vargas   (USA)

Comfort

First time I fly with Condor (Comfort Cabin), and also last time. We had a 6.5 hour delay taking off to Frankfurt. I purchased Comfort Class (supposedly equivalent to Business Class) and to my surprise, on my connecting flight to Munich they booked economy -if you pay Business, you should get Business. The food is not impressive at all. The staff en route to Frankfurt, not the best, though the staff on return were very good.

CONDOR customer review :  19 May 2011 by Judy Ransom   (USA)

Economy Plus

We flew Condor from Frankfurt to Ft. Lauderdale. The flight was over 8 hours late taking off, the crew did not perform the safety instructions and most of the Captains comments to the crew and passengers was in German. The crew did not translate his dialogue so most of the English speaking passengers were not aware of the issue with taking off - turned out this was a mechanical problem. We checked in at the airport 2 hours early for the flight and were told then that it would be delayed 8 hours. We were not given a reason or any kind of assistance. We also had to cancel our hotel reservations in Ft. Lauderdale because we were so late getting in (3am instead of 7pm). It was really a bad experience after a great 16 day cruise vacation.

CONDOR customer review :  27 April 2011 by A Davidson   (Canada)

Economy Plus

DUS-LPA. Upgrade to Premium cabin, very comfortable, great meal and wonderful service. Flight departure and arrival ahead of schedule and luggage on carousel in a matter of ten minutes. Great value and great crew.

CONDOR customer review :  4 March 2011 by Graham Watson   (France)

Condor is a low-cost airline so you get what you pay for - except it's not actually much cheaper than proper airlines so basically, what you get is all the disadvantages and none of the advantages. Food is pretty poor, in flight entertainment poor, customer service non- existent. If things go wrong, cancellations, late departures and arrivals, missed connections etc, don't expect to get any thing back - they deny everything and blame 'unavoidable circumstances'. My advice, avoid them.

CONDOR customer review :  8 February 2011 by M Ritter   (Germany)

Had booked direct flight FRA-Sharm el Sheikh. Got message 4 weeks before flight that the flight was changed to FRA-Hurghada-Sharm which took one hour longer. Delay because a whole bunch of Miss Germanys to be, cameramen flying to Hurghada. Passengers were filmed without consent, even their explicit, partly angry refusal was filmed. After lunch, an onboard Miss- election was performed. Reading or listening to an audio book was impossible. Flight back from Sharm to FRA direct this time, but again a Condor cameraman on board who filmed passengers without asking their consent. Fare should have been rewarded to passengers as they took us as extra supporters for free. Food was poor. Sadly, you don't have much choice of airlines if you want to fly from FRA to Sharm.

CONDOR customer review :  27 January 2011 by W Löhr   (Germany)

DUS-FUE-DUS. 757-300. Very Cheap tickets but zero comfort. If you're taller than 1.80 m don't expect any legroom. The rest was okay for the price (food, service, schedule).

CONDOR customer review :  20 November 2010 by S Soerensen   (Denmark)

We flew to Phuket and everything was all right. It was cheap, and the staff kind. If you want more luxury, you must pay more for the ticket.

CONDOR customer review :  3 September 2010 by Kim Klausen   (Denmark)

I am very unsatisfied with Condor. For three times in a row Condor has changed the scedule of a flight I have booked. Last time they changed from a direct flight to a flight with a stop- over. From the beginning I could have bought a much cheaper flight if I would accept a flight with a stopover, but I do not like a stopover. Condor sell a direct flight and afterwards they change it to a non direct flight without any disccount or possibility to cancel or change the ticket or getting the money back.

CONDOR customer review :  17 July 2010 by B Klug   (Germany)

FRA-PMI-FRA. Tickets were rather expensive. Outbound we prebooked a so called Gourmet Meal which was not value for money. Service attentive and friendly. Seats okay, but legroom very cramped. Inbound Gourmet Meal again not recommendable. Crew average. Seating in a door exit row very good. Overall nothing special, expensive for a charter airline but at least on time.

CONDOR customer review :  19 December 2009 by T Price   (France)

FRA-MRU. Ticket prices are now expensive for what is basically a charter airline. Leg room in economy on outward leg was non-existent, return leg was more comfortable after shelling out another 200 Euros to upgrade to Premium economy.

CONDOR customer review :  12 December 2009 by J Loeffler   (Germany)

MUC-FRA-MAURITIUS: no good money for value at all! Economy class tickets were as much as 960€ although booked months in advance. Meals were of poor quality, service non-existent. Charters just cannot do the long distance flights !

1 2 3 4 5