Condor Airlines Passenger Reviews and Condor Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

CONDOR customer review :  28 September 2012 by John Perkins   (UK)

DE2067 Anchorage (Alaska) to Frankfurt, 11th September 2012. At the gate everyone rushed forward as soon as the first call was made obviously desperate to board first as soon as their own class or seat row was called. It was difficult to get through the crush. The girl on the desk said "It's always like this"! Why don't they do something about it? Once on board we realised why - it was a bun fight for overhead locker space. Despite a supposed restriction of one carry-on bag, some people had 3 and some were huge. Oversize bags were just left hanging out of lockers for the flight crew to sort out. It was absolute chaos and we finally took off an hour late. I thought Expedia had ordered a veggie meal for my wife as my e-ticket said it had been 'requested' but apparently this is not the same thing! The stewardess asked if I had paid for it, which I hadn't, so we weren't getting it. Turns out you have to pay extra for a veggie meal (or any other special diet). Never, ever heard of this before on any airline ticket for which meals are included. The seats in economy were narrow and uncomfortable (impossible to sleep), the TV screens were few and very small, the washrooms dirty. To top it all after disembarkation at Frankfurt we had a 20 minute bus ride to the terminal. Then we had to walk about 2 miles right across the airport and even go through security again, despite being transit passengers, before catching our connecting Lufthansa flight to Manchester which we only just made although the layover was nearly 2 hours. Why can't Condor/Lufhansa (both German) connections be simpler than this? The only good points were that they did make up time on the flight (lucky with the prevailing winds I guess) and they didn't lose our luggage! Oh, and they were at least cheap.

CONDOR customer review :  20 September 2012 by I Zlat   (USA)

On 08.23. of this year my wife and our 3-yr old daughter were supposed to be on the flight 4049 from Seattle to Frankfurt at 6.05 pm. After five hours of waiting, they were told the flight was cancelled. The staff at the airport wouldn't say much more than that the passengers should call a phone number in Chicago tomorrow morning at 9 am. In five hours at the airport, they were not offered a glass of water, let alone a snack. That same night I called Condor's main number and asked for more information about the flight. I was told to go to the airport and ask for more info there. When I said I'd just come back from there, they hung up. In the morning the Chicago number was useless. Since Condor wasn't helping I had to buy new tickets due to my wife's further travel arrangements. Buying a ticket 3 hours before the flight tends to double the cost. In the end we ended up paying an additional $1200. That was the most expensive "Condor" flight ever.

CONDOR customer review :  12 September 2012 by R Mckimm   (Canada)

Economy Plus

FRA-YVR Comfort Class, 2 seats, middle row, middle aisle. The crew from the moment we boarded until the moment we departed were fantastic. Great seats, lots of room. Lots of nice touches, printed menus, crisp linen, amenity kit, headsets, large pillows and quilt etc. Food and wines were above average quality and the quantity goes back 20 years in airline product. In my opinion the f and b was better than both Lufthansa and KLM, and I am making reference to their Business Class product. I would recommend this airline to anyone, as long as they travel in the front cabin.

CONDOR customer review :  5 September 2012 by Bruce Bennett   (Canada)

Economy Plus

We arrived at the gate to find a huge queue and it took us an hour to get to the counter. When we did get there, we found that Condor had substituted the plane, a well worn 757, so instead of the flight we had expected and paid for, this plane did not have any service differentiation and the entire plane was cramped economy. To make matters worse they had just one individual handling the tickets who had to re-ticket the entire plane. The queue was horrendous and while I was upset, I also felt sorry for this young lady who had to bear the brunt of upset customers. What struck me was the indifference, ”the plane has been changed, here are your new tickets". No explanation, no “sorry for the inconvenience” - nothing. We were herded on to a bus to be taken to the plane and when we got there the plane wasn't ready, so we sat there in 36 degree heat with little or no AC for almost 25 minutes. Our seating on the plane moved from premium economy to a cramped window and middle, and we sat there for almost an hour before the plane left the terminal. Once airborne, the captain announced that this particular plane did not have the capability to fly direct from Frankfurt to Halifax, so had to divert to Manchester, and spend another hour on the ground refuelling. During that time, crew suggested we stay in our seats and refrain from using the washroom unless absolutely necessary. An hour after takeoff, they served the meal. By that time we had been on the plane 5 hours, and during that time the only thing they had given us was a glass of water/juice. I did notice however that the crew were snacking all through this time. We arrived in Halifax about 2.5 hrs late after being on the plane for almost 10 hours. What really struck me was the indifference of the staff and crew.

CONDOR customer review :  30 August 2012 by S Boniardi   (Italy)

We took Condor from Frankfurt to Cancun and back (10 hours flight). Economy seats are too narrow, with common TV monitors (ours was not working). You have to pay to get earphones for the movies. Staff nice except one stewardess, who was quite rude and made you feel - since you were seating in the economy class - as the less important passenger on the plane.

CONDOR customer review :  29 August 2012 by Bardia Tanavoli   (Canada)

Economy Plus

Vancouver Canada to Frankfurt. Hour and a half delay and the explanation was that some toilets weren't working and they couldn't fix it. I barely made my connecting flight from Frankfurt to Dubai and my luggage didn't make it, I had to wait 2 days for it to be sent to Dubai. I was flying comfort class so I didn't have to join the big queues, but staff at the check in counters were not friendly at all. I would not fly Condor again.

CONDOR customer review :  29 August 2012 by C Kris   (USA)

Family member due to fly out of Seattle on Thursday eve at 6pm-ish, to Frankfurt for connecting flight to Paris. The flight from Seattle was delayed, now it is Friday, 12.30 noon, flight still has not departed, no answers as to why. Heading to a 24-hour delay? Or more? Condor had to send people to semi-local hotel for night, passengers back at airport around 9.30am Friday morning, and still waiting for their flight. Of course, connecting flights to other destinations all missed. Ripped off at baggage check-in at Seattle, one suitcase weighed 1 pound too much, another 2-1/2 pounds too much, cost $60 extra. Beware of baggage weight!

CONDOR customer review :  24 August 2012 by Blasini Jose   (Puerto Rico)

Frankfurt to San Juan, Puerto Rico on a 767-300 and 9.5 hours flight. Boarding in Frankfurt is at horrible C1-C4 gates or ghetto gates of FRA Airport. Condor's computer system seems to be old and out of date since it takes a long time to add passport information. Flight was wonderful and service excellent. Flight Crew works hard and food was very good and tasty. By far better than US Carriers. Condor has a quality product and tough carry-on policy. It is the same no nonsense approach as British Airways on carry-on and it works. Seats are a little cramped in regular economy but recline very good. For the price of $350 from FRA to SJU it is above expectations.

CONDOR customer review :  17 August 2012 by E Brydges   (Canada)

We took Condor to Frankfurt. First of all the plane was 2.5 hours late taking off from Calgary and we missed our connection from Frankfurt. Staff not helpful at all, they were sending us all over Frankfurt airport - which is another disaster. If you can help it, never fly through it! Plane was at least 25 years old with very narrow seating, common TV monitors, bad food and bad service. Return flight was just as bad.

CONDOR customer review :  15 August 2012 by M Lamb   (USA)

We flew from BWI to Rome via Frankfurt on August 6-7, 2012. After reading reviews about Frankfurt I was worried, but Condor did a great job diverting us to a bus so we could travel directly to passport control and our new gate. The layover was 1 hour and 5 minutes, and the transfer took only 15 minutes. Fortunately, both legs departed and arrived on schedule. The plane itself was fine. The crew was efficient and came by frequently. The only complaint is minor - the seats seem very close together in economy class. Also, the TVs were in the centre aisle, so it wasn't a great view for those of us on the sides. However, I would recommend Condor because we didn't have any problems with the flights or the Frankfurt connection, and the price was better than other airlines.

CONDOR customer review :  13 August 2012 by Frederick McIntyre   (Germany)

Economy Plus

I just returned on DE 4067 from FAI to FRA and have nothing to complain about. Our flight from FRA to FAI in July was on time, no checking of carry-ons at the gate, easy boarding and overall a wonderful flight. The cabin crew were very nice, professional and helpful. I am 1.95 m (6'3") and book Premium Economy to have more room - and it is worth the money. Sure, the food is typical airline fair, but it's edible. Our return today from Fairbanks was on time and fast.

CONDOR customer review :  2 August 2012 by K Potter   (Canada)

Halifax to Frankfurt return. Late leaving Halifax by 2 hours but the worse thing was that Condor had us on the plane for over an hour with no air conditioning and no information. We missed our connecting flight to Amsterdam. Lucky for me I have Star Alliance gold status so the rebooking with Lufthansa was easy. Return flight was a disaster. Again 2 hours late. We couldn't get checked in through Lufthansa out of Budapest. Frankfurt check-in was an awful experience with long lines and little information. The seats are small and the entertainment system is prehistoric. Condor overbooks its flights so there is a fight to get someone to miss their flight. The passenger waiting areas were crowded and poorly organized. The return flight included two passengers conducting their own personal "rave" on board. No one spoke to them or seemed concerned. While you can save some money flying Condor, I question whether the savings are real or even worth the hassle.

CONDOR customer review :  1 August 2012 by E Brydges   (Canada)

We just got back from our trip to Europe flying Condor to Frankfurt. The troubles started at check-in at Calgary Airport when my family of 4 was booked separately. Finally they sorted it out, but the flight was 2.5 hours late taking off and we missed our connecting flight in Frankfurt. There Condor staff were very unhelpful, told us we are now Lufthansa's problem, sending us around the airport. The airplane was at least 25 years old, with common TV's, very narrow seats, bad food and un-caring staff. I would not recommend flying with Condor at all.

CONDOR customer review :  25 July 2012 by Monika Proctor   (USA)

Economy Plus

We booked a flight from FLL-FRA for 4 passengers and upgraded two of us to Premium Economy. Going over our luggage was perfect but coming back they charged us 100 Euros in Frankfurt. Check in at the gate was unprofessional and the way we were asked to step around the corner and put our carry on luggage on a mere kitchen scale was unprofessional. Would I recommend Condor? With some reservations.

CONDOR customer review :  23 July 2012 by E Pope   (USA)

Flying from Hamburg via Frankfurt to Baltimore. Spend a long time checking in, was sent back and from between Condor and Lufthansa. Rude behaviour from the Condor employees. Had to stand in several lines and long waiting time in Frankfurt. Waiting rooms very crowded and dirty. Took a long time to register necessary information before boarding card could be issued. Employees seems to be unmotivated and very low skilled. Baggage was lost. Not able to track baggage due to wrong information given from representatives at the airport in Baltimore.

CONDOR customer review :  23 July 2012 by E Lechpammer   (Canada)

Very poor service. Flight from Halifax to Frankfurt took off 1 hr 40 mins later than scheduled so we missed our connecting flight in Frankfurt We had to go through clearance twice; had to wait in one long line-up to get a new ticket and then again we had to wait in even longer line-up to get a new boarding pass. When I called Condor to reserve XL seats, they said no problem and they charged me 15 EUR per seat in each direction. When I got on the plane, I realized that they reserved regular seats for me. I was told XL Seats cannot be reserved on long haul flights. Condor is not clear in their communication and they will charge you extra whenever they can.

1 2 3 4 5