CityJet Passenger Reviews and CityJet Customer Trip Reports

1 2

CityJet Customer review : 20 November 2014 by Linda Amrouche    (UK)

WX 185, London City to Amsterdam Shiphol on 7th November 2014. We took CityJet for the first time to fly to Amsterdam as the departure was from City Airport but I would have preferred travelling from Luton airport as it would have saved me so much time and money. Indeed we had to give our cabin luggage because the flight was too busy, but few people that were coming late could have kept it, even though their bags were probably larger than the acceptable cabin sized luggage as they could not be bothered. They said they would check what they can do as we did not want to leave the luggage but they obviously never came back and I ended up arriving late to my business dinner as I had to wait for my cabin luggage to arrive. The flight itself was a nightmare as the plane was very old so very noisy and uncomfortable. Never again!

CityJet Customer review : 6 November 2014 by R Gall    (UK)

Seems like there is a theme with these reviews. Great or flights cancelled with no regard for the customers. I booked a weekend in Dublin for my wife's birthday primarily because we could fly from Cambridge with Cityjet. 3 weeks before we were due to travel I received a text telling me that the return flight had been cancelled and that the alternative offered would fly to London City. I called to enquire how I was expected to get to Cambridge (thinking that they would offer a taxi or some recompense) and was told that they had informed me well enough in advance that it wasn't their problem. Consequently, I cancelled both flights and re-booked with Ryanair at Stansted. I was told that the flight was cancelled because it was "seasonal". No-one at Cityjet realised that when they sold me the ticket? The customer service is appalling. It lacks any genuine concern and those involved sound like they are abiding by a script. On numerous occasions I have been thanked for my understanding! Well, I don't understand and these CityJet should be ashamed.

CityJet Customer review : 13 October 2014 by Paul Cox    (UK)

Flew back from Dublin on 8th October 2014 to Cambridge. First time I've used Cityjet and was really impressed. Excellent service, very friendly and helpful stewardess. Fokker 50 was very pleasant to fly in. Arrived bang on time in Cambridge and was out the airport and in a taxi in 10 minutes, brilliant.

CityJet Customer review : 23 September 2014 by J Pankau    (UK)

Cambridge to Dublin. I was looking for an alternate to Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and the low cost, pay for everything else, airline. CityJet was it. Conveniently located in Cambridge, 20" from home, no car park charges, I could go on and on. Economy ticket included 1 checked back and 1 carry on. I received a text update as the day of the flight got closer, online check in was a breeze. Airport staff were superb and flight crew amazing, unlike their competition. Will be using them again. Bonus if/when going to the states is one clears US customs in Dublin saving time, frustration, and allowing a more pleasant journey.

CityJet Customer review : 23 September 2014 by Thomas IJzer    (Netherlands)

Booked a return flight from Amsterdam to Cambridge well in advance. Exactly 1 month before my departure I received an email that the flight times had changed. The time changes were not an hour or so, but half days, instead of arriving at 10am it would now be arriving at 14.00 whilst the return flight was now 4 hours earlier? Making it impossible for me to make my appointments. Customers services (after a very long wait) quite arrogantly told me they couldn't do anything for me, no alternative solutions were offered. I am now forced to take another more expensive flight to Stansted with an additional train ticket to get to Cambridge. Very disappointing service from CityJet. It is completely strange that airlines can still get away with this.

CityJet Customer review : 20 September 2014 by Peter Sterk    (UK)

The flights I have been on have been very good - even short ones still have a trolley service and the seats are comfortable. Flights to Dublin and Amsterdam were introduced twice daily on weekdays from Cambridge Airport. My partner and I took advantage of this soon after launch and booked a return to Dublin. Everything perfect. This week I had to go to The Netherlands with a colleague and suggested flying from Cambridge. My institute has about 600 employees and many travel frequently, and we were the first to try CityJet. Unfortunately, CityJet had decided to drop the afternoon flights, but didn't manage to inform us (details not known, perhaps because we go through an agency). Staff at Cambridge Airport were very professional and rebooked us onto a flight from London City Airport and arranged a taxi. As our return flight was cancelled as well, our secretary got in touch with CityJet to rearrange the return flight. Unfortunately, this turned out to be a complete nightmare for her, it took her a whole day to finally get things arranged and as a result, CityJet is now blacklisted at my institute. I feel bad, because I wanted CityJet to succeed, but unfortunately, they don't seem to employ the people that understand that customer satisfaction is important for success. Their website still shows two daily flights from Cambridge, so there is much improvement to be made. I can unfortunately no longer recommend CityJet from Cambridge. A real pity.

CityJet Customer review : 18 September 2014 by Christine Stewart    (USA)

London City to Florence on Aug 31, 2014 and Florence to London City on Sep 6, 2014. Will never fly this airline again. It's partly an issue with them and partly the airports I flew in and out of: London City and Florence. On both ends dropping off bags was a mess. No one seemed to know where I should go and people (CityJet staff) told me 2 different things. No one informs you that you can't check in until 2 hours before (until you've waited in different lies because misdirected) and there is no CityJet counter in Florence. Not labelled anywhere. Had to ask 3 people and be told different things before I ended up in right place (aeroporto di firenze counter). Never again.

CityJet Customer review : 15 September 2014 by Nesbitt Paul    (Thailand)

Nantes to LCY. On time departure and early arrival. Aircraft clean and staff attentive, only slight downside is length of time for baggage to arrive at LCY. A total contrast to my outbound on Easyjet from LGW.

CityJet Customer review : 7 September 2014 by Raynaud Fi    (UK)

Our flight Toulon - London was cancelled on 29th July. We were made to wait for 4.5hrs before we were told that there would be no help from Cityjet and we had to find our own way back to London. This had to be done the next day as there were no flights from Toulon and not enough time to catch a flight from Marseille or Nice. Had we been told right away, we could have found alternatives. Apparently there was a technical problem on the aircraft and as such, Cityjet is not liable for any costs even the initial costs we were told. The flight was only half full. This is the worse customer service that I have experienced.

CityJet Customer review : 2 September 2014 by G Crowther    (UK)

Flew St Helier to Cardiff last Monday, first time with this airline. First impressions were good from friendly steward greeting on the front steps but not so good on actual plane, Fokker 70 showing its age as it was a bit grubby and with heavy wear and tear left it feeling rather old fashioned (note the in-arm ashtrays - I can remember the days of smoking on planes and thank goodness this doesn't happen anymore - and overall browny beigeness of the fittings). Very good service offering hot/cold/alcoholic drinks and a sweet or savoury snack not expected but appreciated and the poor steward barely had time to clear up before landing such is the short flight. The 23Kg baggage allowance must be one of the most generous in the air so good on CJ for this. Overall would fly with them again.

CityJet Customer review : 29 August 2014 by Robin Gallagher    (UK)

Booked a return flight for my partner and I to Amsterdam for a family wedding and personal holiday. London City Airport is bliss, no queues, just relaxing, we arrived 45 minutes before our flight and had time to sit and have breakfast before our 9.25 flight. Even though the flight was only around 40 minutes in the air the flight crew still managed to give out drinks and snacks. The Avro RJ 85 was comfortable and more than suitable for the flight, cabin crew were attentive and authoritative while still remaining pleasant. Cityjet is a full service airline and well worth the money. Since I was travelling in August all airlines charge summer rates (200%) but as Cityjet is not a holiday airline their fares don't change in the summer meaning they actually became competitive with Easyjet and KLM. Luggage and food is included, flying from London you get to experience the world's best airport and they really do take all of the stress out of flying. Cityjet only cater for short haul business flights so offer no entertainment, but on a 40 minute flight what could they do? I will definitely use them again and am recommending them to everyone!

CityJet Customer review : 14 August 2014 by P Jan    (France)

Flights from Paris Orly to London City often delayed (2.5 hrs today) because staff were not available: this happens usually when the last plane arrived late the day before. Despite being aware of this issue, Cityjet don't warn passengers (text message, email) or foresee another staff to be on time. So time lost at airport. In addition to the excessive cost (usually 400-450€ return) and poor quality of plane (noisy Fokker F50), this is not acceptable. Unfortunately, this is the only carriage to operate London from Orly, so no choice!

CityJet Customer review : 7 August 2014 by M Holroyd    (UK)

Cambridge to Dublin. Third time using this new service, and what a pleasure compared to the scrum of Stansted and Ryanair. Free parking at Cambridge, fifty yard walk to the gate, stress-free check-in, no arguments about cabin baggage. Very friendly in-flight service, complimentary drinks and snacks. Gate at Dublin is much closer to terminal as well, saving a fifteen minute walk. I fly to Dublin at least once a month - hope this route is successful, I would hate to lose it!

CityJet Customer review : 16 July 2014 by M Spande    (USA)

We took CityJet from London to Florence and back in early July. We thought the aircraft itself was lovely - clean and comfortable. The service both at the airport and on-board was excellent and efficient. I consider the quality of this airline equivalent to JetBlue - overall a very pleasant trip.

CityJet Customer review : 9 July 2014 by E O'Connell    (UK)

Flew from Cambridge to Dublin last Thurs 3/7/14. Excellent service, friendly staff, good price - highly recommend this service. It makes a welcome change from dealing with low cost carriers and huge airports. Planes are a little old but doesn't detract from the positives.

CityJet Customer review : 7 July 2014 by Brian Esson    (UK)

Flew from Cambridge to Dublin. Outbound was great. However, when I went to check in for return flight from Dublin I was greeted with "You know this flight has been cancelled, don't you?" When I pointed out that the flight was still showing on departure board I found out it had only been cancelled within "the last 15 minutes". We were put on flight to London City and then transferred by cab to Cambridge. 3 hours late. Cityjet have so far not responded to my request for a callback. I received an e-mail thanking me for my "detailed comments" (which I haven't sent) and thanking me for my feedback (which again I never provided). Pity really, because I would have recommended Cityjet, were it not for the appalling customer service.

CityJet Customer review : 26 June 2014 by Jacques Michael    (UK)

Flew Newcastle to Paris return with family members. Nothing too much trouble for the cabin crew on both legs. Early arrivals and stress-free flights made for a pleasant trip away.

CityJet Customer review : 26 June 2014 by R Latham    (Ireland)

WX120 from DUB to LCY, 27th May and WX121 from LCY to DUB on 28th May. I agree with previous reviewer - call this "progress" and a wonderful message from the CEO on how the split will only mean improved services? The website is a joke for checking in - whoever designed this knows nothing about end-user experience! You used to be able to print a boarding card at LCY by just using your passport - now you need the booking ref hence the number of people standing at the booths scrolling through emails on their smartphone - ugh! No more "Sky Priority" on my boarding card which got me through the fast lane at security and when I asked re FF program, "there are no plans yet to introduce one yet". Roll on the alternative!

CityJet Customer review : 21 June 2014 by Maureen Preissner    (UK)

Early January, to celebrate an anniversary, my husband and I decided to visit Dresden and booked a pre-flight hotel close by to LCY airport and seven nights in a hotel in Dresden. We booked with CityJet to fly off on 9/6/2014 and return on 16/6/2014. In April 2014 we received an email from CityJet to say there was a reschedule to 24 hours later on both flights. We were not prepared to pay the increase to double the cost of our London hotel booked at this later date and so we had to lose this luxury we had planned. My husband went to LCY airport to check all was well and took along a hard copy of the email of the reschedule information. At the CityJet desk it was confirmed that we were booked on the 9/6/2014 and 16/6/2014 flights. He informed the desk clerk that there were no flights on these dates and he was told that we were not booked on flights on 10/6/2014 or 17/6/2014 and that he should phone the 0871 telephone number on the reschedule email. He suggested that the clerk should do this for him. After 25 minutes on the phone-apparently due to a computer problem-the information was corrected. Obviously, this situation was stressful, but things seemed to go smoothly from thereon. However, on our return, when we went to the passport control to prepare to board our flight to LCY we were informed by the passport controllers that our flight was cancelled and advised us to return to the check in desk. Here they knew nothing of the cancellation and had to make enquiries. After a short time were told there were technical problems with the flight leaving London and it had to return to the LCY airport and another plane will fly us to LCY in 2 hours time. Instead of 13.25 we left Dresden at 15.45. The flight staff were good but no more CityJet for us for a while I think.

CityJet Customer review : 29 May 2014 by S Kehoe    (UK)

I am a frequent flyer with Cityjet / Air France - at least once per week for 3 years now. Cityjet is a lot worse now that they have split from Air France. Website is rubbish - always crashes or hangs. You never know if you have booked a flight or not. Several times I have had flights cancelled because payment hasn't been processed - only thing is they don't tell that this has happened. You only find out when you try to check in. There is no longer any automatic check-in for frequent flyers. There is no place where you can see all your bookings at once - particularly unhelpful for frequent flyers. If I had any alternative on the route then I would switch - and I understand that I will later in the year.

CityJet Customer review : 22 May 2014 by Charles Young    (The Netherlands)

Flight and service okay, but seats in AVRO R85 are very narrow, and although legroom for a small plane is acceptable, very uncomfortable.

CityJet Customer review :  1 April 2014 by A Coupe    (UK)

Cardiff - Glasgow. Unable to check in online. Booked flights through ebookers. Air France flight operated by CityJet, seems their online check in cannot cope. What's the point of having an online check in system that cant be used. Having to check in at airport seems to defeat the purpose. Called cityjet customer service 3 times and no one could help me or give an explanation, a complete waste of time and money! Unhelpful, unreliable and uninterested in helping customers.

CityJet Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Justin Atchison    (Germany)

LCY-AMS. Avro 85. Flight was ok, nothing special. Guess cant expect more of these short jumps, its like a bus ride.

CityJet Customer review :  28 October 2013 by C Fries    (Germany)

With the intention of saving a little money, I was again brought back to reality and had to realize that it is probably better to pay a little more for an airline where the costs are not hidden in the dirty details. Travelling with a child under two years, I was glad to see that Cityjet charges "only" 3 EUR for the child travelling on your lap. Concerning the fact that we had to check in one bag (which costs an extra 15 EUR when doing it during online check-in - completely ok), I tried to check-in online as offered by the airline. Stupid enough that during this process, I get the information that online check-in is not possible when travelling with a child under the age of two. This bumped the costs of our checked-in bag up to 30 EUR because we had to do it at the airport. With two flights, this makes 30 extra Euro just because we were travelling with a child on our lap - not occupying a seat. So in fact, the child was travelling for 33 EUR. Cityjet states in its policies, that every child under the age of two may carry one piece of baggage up to 10 kg, a stroller and a car seat. When we arrived at the airport, we were told that only the stroller was allowed. Neither the car seat, nor the 10 kg bag could be taken on the airplane - unless we paid for it. I will never travel with Cityjet again.

CityJet Customer review :  27 September 2013 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (Netherlands)

LCY-RTM. In this age of low cost airlines one almost forgets to appreciate a full service airline. You pay more than easyJet or Ryanair but that's the only disadvantage. Everything on this short hop was great, which starts with the very convenient London City Airport. Early, quick boarding with the aircraft just a few steps from the gate. Not to young but well maintained Fokker 50 with ample legroom. Polite, attentive crew provided us with a sandwich, nuts, chocolates and two rounds of drinks on a 50min flight. Landed 25 mins ahead of schedule in Rotterdam and outside the airport within 5 mins. Will certainly use again if the price is right, but you have to take into account that the trip between LCY and the City is much cheaper than the train fare to/from one of the big London airports.

CityJet Customer review :  2 September 2013 by H Williams    (Australia)

Dresden-LCY. Very good flight. On time, enough space, good catering for short flight. Staff pleasant. Reasonable fare. Recommended.

CityJet Customer review :  31 July 2013 by Mark Roberts    (UK)

Cityjet planes are getting run down, and not being cleaned properly. It has got worse in the last year, with dirty windows you need to scrape off the grime, and floors, seats and magazine holder areas that often have food and waste in them. Food gets changed supposedly for the better but sandwiches dry and tasteless, or just a biscuit pack or unhealthy snacks. Soon to be disposed off by KLM / Air France, and hopefully the LCY-AMS and Paris Orly Routes will be taken back by KLM and AF, and operated with their own crew and KLM and AF planes. They also raised the base price for a case and even just 25% of miles by 40! Not paying for this standard, so starting flights with KLM proper from LHR for 99, new 737-8/900's and Embraer 190's. Also benefit from my Gold card perks of fast track, separate check in, priority luggage, and the great Skyteam lounge at T4. Cityjet have really gone downhill the last 18 months, and it gets worse.

CityJet Customer review :  29 July 2013 by Andy Stock    (UK)

Flew from LCY to Dundee, walked through security and the flight was delayed 40 mins due to a storm in Scotland! Boarded quickly on yo the Dornier 328 which is a delight to fly, 2-1 seating with 31" seat pitch. 2 drink runs with food offered, I ended up having 2 half roast beef sandwiches, 3 small bottles of white wine and some a packet of nuts! Very pleasant member of cabin crew.

CityJet Customer review :  23 July 2013 by K Van den Heuvel    (Belgium)

Great service, fair price, very attentive crew, very convenient and time saving Antwerp airport to LCY + return.

CityJet Customer review :  7 June 2013 by C Kay    (UK)

LCY-Florence-LCY. Both flights on time and bags off quickly. Standard of cabin service, food and drink was much higher than I had expected. Overall a very pleasant surprise.

CityJet Customer review :  23 May 2013 by Illia Romanenko    (France)

Paris ORY-LCY on March 14, 2013. Departure delayed 10 minutes, seats are uncomfortable and staff not very efficient. During the flight they give only a very small cake. However, it is convenient because it takes you directly to London City.

CityJet Customer review :  25 April 2013 by Ian Roberts    (UK)

LCY-AMS (as part of onward to LIN). Left on time on a windy day but were warned and soon out of the worst of it. Coffee and muffin enough for such a short flight. Bags at final destination so what more could be asked - and a reasonable price. Only very small gripe-getting very tired of these multiple flight numbers on one aircraft - there must be a better way.

CityJet Customer review :  17 February 2013 by S Dunar    (UK)

Dundee to London City with CityJet. Do the extra 50 minute drive to Edinburgh airport, half the price 2x plus, the service! As the other reviewer said, security is very thorough, but believe me, a full body pat down every time you fly, especially if that's every week, gets just a little bit annoying. More than annoying, in fact. CityJet, don't even get me started on them, 350 per return, every time I check in I get told off for something different. Last time I was supposed to print off my boarding card before arriving, even though I always check in bags and have no where to print anything at wok. Ryanair customer service at BA prices!

CityJet Customer review :  17 February 2013 by Sebastien Kapps    (UK)

Flew LUX-LCY. A very pleasant flight, even if it was short. The Fokker 50 aircraft was lovely, and although old and a bit falling apart, was comfortable enough with plenty of legroom. Cabin crew were delightful, and distributed a choice of croissant or pain au chocolate, and water or orange juice half way through the flight, which was nice. Captain gave announcements throughout the flight on the slightly old and crackly PA system. The inflight magazine was dull. Check in was very easy, however, we were charged 60 euros for 2 check in bags as we had not payed for them in advance. This is disappointing for a full service airline charging for luggage. Overall, a great flight.

CityJet Customer review :  7 February 2013 by Mike Jacques    (UK)

First time on this airline travelling from Newcastle to Paris on AF Code-share. The flight landed on time after a very comfortable and stress-free journey. The cabin crew were very helpful in giving information regarding Paris CDG airport layout. Would not hesitate to use this airline again.

CityJet Customer review :  19 December 2012 by M Jerman    (UK)

FMO-LCY on F50 (operated by VLM). Delayed over an hour, apology and reason for delay given but only once onboard (no information given at the gate). Legroom and seat comfort very good. Cabin crew left me with mixed feelings. Purser rude. Another crew member was fantastic, polite and extremely friendly. Service on board consisted of full size sandwich and generous offering from trolley service (2 runs with drinks, 2 runs with sandwiches, chocolates, all on 1 hr 20 mins flight). The only quibble was that my bag was tagged as cabin bag and was told by the purser I will be able to collect it by the aircraft stairs at LCY. In reality there is no such thing as delivery at aircraft at LCY, due to airport regulations all bags tagged as delivery at aircraft are taken to the baggage reclaim.

CityJet Customer review :  12 October 2012 by A Ryall    (UK)

Air France is Europe's worst national airline for long haul. Cityjet seem to take their role of supporting their parent seriously and clearly share the same values and customer care policies - they don't have any. On a BA flight this morning after the cancellation of my Cityjet flight last nigh and what a contrast - Air France provided one agent to re-book 90 passengers, and result was a 2 hour queue. They told us nothing about the problem and ignored the problems of passengers.

CityJet Customer review :  10 October 2012 by David Ellis    (UK)

LCY-FLR-LCY. Quick check-in at LCY but kept waiting 20 minutes in very small gate area before boarding . Full Avro RJ85 took off 15 minutes late. Air France crew efficient but wooden. Very tight seating and uncomfortable for tall passengers. Sandwich options for breakfast poor. Return flight boarding and take-off delayed for a variety of reasons, adding up to a total of 60 minutes delay. Captain apologetic. Drinks offered (including wine) before the same poor sandwich options. Overall, average but just about adequate for a 2 hr flight.

CityJet Customer review :  10 October 2012 by A Dron    (UK)

London City-Florence return. Usual swift check-in at LCY. Half-full Avro RJ85 took off on time. Interior slightly worn but clean and seats comfortable, with just about enough leg room (I'm 1.83) for the 2hr flight. Staff professional, handed out drinks and sandwiches (which were adequate but which could perhaps be upgraded slightly from slightly skimpy cheese or tuna mayonnaise). The basket of complimentary Belgan chocolate squares passed round later is a nice touch, though. Return flight check-in handled by Air France at Florence. For some reason, AF staff insisted that queuing passengers should print out their boarding cards from automated check-ins before dropping baggage. Flight similarly smooth, although delayed by about 20 minutes due to late incoming aircraft, for which captain apologised. Cabin crew made a second sandwich run offering more to anyone who wanted them. Overall, good flights that were less expensive and better quality than those offered by Meridiana, the airline we have previously used for London-Florence trips.

CityJet customer review :  11 September 2012 by M Penfold   (Canada)

AMS to LCY- Flight was on a 95 seat Avro RJ 85. Flight left on time and was half full. This airline has great helpful crew. I was given the choice of a complementary alcoholic beverage and cheese sandwich. Went through Customs and had my bag within 20 minutes of Landing. This airline is going in the right direction. Inexpensive fares along with great service. LCY airport is the best kept secret in the UK.

CityJet customer review :  4 September 2012 by A Brown   (UK)

LCY-ORY-LCY. Very quick and easy on the way out from London, attentive crew and plenty of croissants! Slight delay on return but time was made up and crew managed to come round twice with drinks on such a short flight. Being 6'5 leg room is always my biggest concern, especially in a Fokker with no exit row seats but there was ample room for me even by the window. Will definitely choose CityJet again.

CityJet customer review :  1 September 2012 by Ben Peel   (UK)

Flew from Brive to London City and had 3.5 hr delay due to technical fault. Annoying but these things happen. What annoyed me most was the first time anyone tried to apologise was once we finally landed in London. Got a free drink though worth €3!

CityJet customer review :  2 August 2012 by Ian Roberts   (UK)

LCY-AMS on KL/AF codeshare. A 146 and though seen a few miles was smart and comfortable albeit a bit noisy. Left and arrived on time. Crew very good and got refreshments out quickly on this short mid morning flight. Soft cheese roll and a coffee just fine for the 50 minutes at cruise. With well manned immigration at SPL and my bag appearing on the carousel as I reached it, a good service as advertised-refreshing.

CityJet customer review :  27 March 2012 by N Paul   (UK)

LCY-ANR. Booked 07.35 on 26th March, arrived at LCY and saw a message on my Blackberry saying the flight had been cancelled; check-in and customer service staff were clueless and seemed not to know. When I asked about the next flight, I was told 'it's at 15.30' so I took the refund. When I got back to my office, I noticed that there was an 08.30 flight that left at 09.00. Today's 'flight' was a shambles, and reaffirms why I fly BA. Shame no one else flies between London and Antwerp!

CityJet customer review :  23 February 2012 by S Walton   (UK)

LCY-ANR-LCY. Check-in a breeze, flight on Fokker 50 very comfortable. Crew offered sandwiches, chocolates and three servings of drinks on this 50 minute flight. We landed and had cleared Antwerp airport within minutes. Efficiency throughout.

CityJet customer review :  24 August 2011 by R Reid   (UK)

London City to Nantes. Generous complimentary food and drink service, comfortable Fokker 50, and swift check- in at London City. Only negative point is that the windows on the Fokker 50 seem to have been designed only for children to look through - I'm of average height, and they were far too low for me to see through without straining my back.

CityJet customer review :  8 July 2011 by Samuel Crews   (UK)

BVE-LCY. Superb service into London City. Check in at Brive Airport was super quick and found myself in London in no time. The fare was reasonable and don't forget to include the saving of flying into London City and taking the DLR/tube instead of an expensive airport express train. Allocated seating, luggage and drinks/snacks on board make the flight so much more pleasant than flying with a budget airline.

CityJet customer review :  11 June 2011 by G Smith   (UK)

AMS-LCY. Booked 3 seats for two children and adult. Gave child a window seat but there was no window. Also no space for our hand luggage as overhead compartment not big enough. Food was all right, but it was very uncomfortable as no leg room.

CityJet customer review :  28 April 2011 by I Coleman   (UK)

Unpleasant ground staff at Deauville Airport believe that it is forbidden to fly if you do not have your own completed name and address tag on your suitcase. Even after pointing out to them that the baggage check-in tag contains your name and destination they insisted on a separate baggage tag as the luggage might get lost. I did mention to them that as it was the only commercial flight of the day that I would be rather surprised if they lost it! All the time the baggage handler who looked about fourteen was shouting the one English word that he knew at me "name".

CityJet customer review :  11 April 2011 by A Bottin   (Belgium)

London City to Antwerp was delayed 3 hours 40 mins, not sure whether it's true that there was a technical problem as the airline claimed or whether they just cancelled the flight and let us wait for the evening flight, one never knows. Got a voucher for 5, could just buy 1 small drink with it, a small packet of nuts and crisps. Were not informed at check-in about the delay, so had already gone through security. Representative for cityjet at London City airport very unfriendly not even apologizing for this long delay.

CityJet customer review :  14 March 2011 by S Potts   (Netherlands)

EIN-LCY-EIN in F50s. The service in both directions was of the usual high quality I would expect from the old VLM CityJet routes. The cabin crew were polite and professional and even recognised and welcomed returning passengers. The captain kept us well informed of our progress. For the fare, I consider this exceptionally good value; however, they should encourage the ground staff at both airports to improve their attitude about keeping passengers informed.

CityJet customer review :  7 February 2011 by E Mackam   (UK)

Dundee to London City. It used to be a good service and I have always tried to support it - not anymore, would rather get better service from Easyjet at a third of the price and not have any flights cancelled.

CityJet customer review :  14 December 2010 by Ariel Alexandre   (France)

City jet flights in France on behalf of Air France. Very impolite and icy cabin personnel. For a flight of Air France, within France, Cityjet (as a subsidiary of Air France) refuses to speak Frenc,h whereas the flight is domestic! Most people using Air France for domestic flights in France don't care whether the flight is pure Air France or subsidiary Irish City Jet - but they don't speak english and they don't expect an Air France flight to be only in english (especially safety announcements).

CityJet customer review :  16 November 2010 by C Williamson   (UK)

LCY to AMS (codeshare with KLM). CityJet arbitrarily decided to not include four passengers' items of checked in luggage because of weight restrictions with a small plane - they did not tell anyone, so KLM at Schipol wasted everybody's time searching the basement and the transit lounge. I had to phone LCY to see what had happened as no ground staff at Schipol had any information, thus I found their decision to leave bags off the plane. I had to stay in my hotel without any luggage, toiletries, makeup, work clothes etc. overnight and pick up the bag at Schipol the next day and lost three hours from work. KLM confirmed on CityJet behalf that there would be no compensation whatsoever.

CityJet customer review :  25 September 2010 by A Strachan   (UK)

LCY-DUB-LCY. I do this route regularly and impressed by the simple touches that make this a very pleasant airline to fly - pleasant crew, free drinks, a small sandwich or croissant and good pricing.

CityJet customer review :  3 August 2010 by J Harris   (UK)

LCY-DUB. First time out of London City and it was a breeze to get to from central London. Flight on Avro RJ85 on time and very pleasant when compared to say Ryanair from LGW. Online check in good, although make sure that you allocate your seats away from rows 6-8 as the overhead lockers are only good for brief cases and not wheelie weekend bags. As a result my friend’s bag was taken along with others at the departure gate and put in the hold, so if you want to get a quick getaway at the other end you may want to pack a smaller bag or backpack. In flight service was good and complementary alcoholic drinks served with a sandwich. DUB-LCY. Didn’t have the chance to print my boarding pass so went to the desk who printed it off for me. On time departure to LCY, professional staff. City Jet is a great service and a relaxing alternative to LGW and LHR to DUB.

CityJet customer review :  20 July 2010 by Andrew Dixon   (UK)

LCY-BVE-LCY check-in and boarding at LCY quick and easy. Flight delayed 45 mins due to technical issue but kept informed. Avro jet in good condition with comfortable seats and just enough space. Crew charming and efficient. Return flight, absolute chaos at Brive airport. Considering it was the only flight departing, you would have thought it would be a breeze. No one manning check in. Eventually dealt with by a very ruffled check-in agent. No one manning security for 30 minutes so just stood and waited. When security finally opened, they went completely OTT! Everyone was frisked even though scanners not activated. Finally boarded 20 minutes after scheduled take off time to be told we'd missed our slot and would be delayed by 90 minutes!

CityJet customer review :  9 May 2010 by D Bull   (UK)

LCY-EDI in the evening after the ash cloud had closed EDI during the day. Good information from both the website and their customer service number about the status of the day's flights. Checked in online but the SMS boarding pass never arrived, so had to use self-service machine at LCY - easy enough. Flight left a few minutes late, after the crew checked that EDI had in fact reopened at 7pm as expected, and arrived on time. In-flight service fairly basic, but fine for an 80-minute flight. Friendly and efficient crew, comfortable seats and adequate space on the Avro RJ85. Not that cheap, but would fly with them again.

1 2