CityJet Passenger Reviews and CityJet Customer Trip Reports

1 2

CITYJET customer review :  13 April 2010 : by S Potts   (Netherlands)

LCY-EIN. The VLM brand is no more (but the ticket still stated VLM). You have to use the CityJet website, planes are in CityJet livery and china and glass have been banished in favour of the bog-standard cardboard cups. I tried checking in online but there was a problem with the system. I cannot remember the last time the online check in went smoothly with VLM/CityJet. I eventually managed to do so. Passage through LCY was quick and efficient due to the extra security they've installed and the fact it wasn't a busy period, but it was a bit manic at the gate, as the ground staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. Consequently, we left 20 minutes late. Once in the air, the flight was fine (about 70% full), cabin crew managed one bar service and one tea/coffee service during the short flight and handed out Belgian chocolates (at least this VLM feature has been retained). I don't think VLM's standards have slipped due to the takeover by CityJet, apart from online check in, but the staff at LCY need to get their act together.

CITYJET customer review :  28 March 2010 : by S Smith   (UK)

ANR to LCY. Usual mixed bag following takeover of VLM by Cityjet. Checked in at Antwerp by two sour faced ladies who clearly weren't enjoying life. Good service and on time departure/arrival.

CITYJET customer review :  27 March 2010 : by L Addis   (UK)

DND-LCY. To echo the sentiment's of Ms Brawn, I also had a wonderful time with Cityjet (which on this route is operated by Scot Airways). Dundee is the perfect sort of airport, and the plane was on a nice small Dornier 328 (showing its age) with an exciting takeoff. One FA, who had quite a cool attitude and didn't really warm to passengers, nor respond to conversation. Still, she performed her job adequately. They ran out of one type of sandwich - odd given not a full flight. However, it was served with alcoholic tipple. Great to fly into LCY - amazing advantage. Overall, a little polishing up and this will be a totally solid product.

CITYJET customer review :  20 March 2010 : by Helen Brawn   (UK)

DND-LCY-DND Dundee airport is fabulous, very small and personal, no crowds and very convenient. Saved me an 1.5 hour journey to Edinburgh. The airline was very efficient and punctual and staff polite and courteous. The only thing I would say about them is their ticket prices. On medical grounds I have to travel to Barts at least 3 times a year. They seem to charge excessively high amounts for their first and last flights out although I have been lucky enough to find some cheaper ones, but these are very rare.

CITYJET customer review :  10 March 2010 : by H Yan   (UK)

LCY-ANR economy class. If you're over 6 foot tall you may not enjoy the whole experience but you can sacrifice comfort for value on a short haul flight. I come in at 5"11 and enjoyed most aspects. The journey through LCY and ANR were stress-free compared to bigger airports such as LHR and LGW. Seats had enough leg room for me but they are a bit tight. It's good value for flying on a weekend itinerary under 90GBP, however I wouldn't any pay more than that.

CITYJET customer review :  18 February 2010 : by Ian Aitchison   (UK)

LCY-DUB. First time from LCY. Found the whole experience quite straight forward and even quite cosy in comparison to STN. Full flight but the Avro RJ is roomy enough for this modest flight. Good service from the FA's and snack and drinks all inclusive. Return trip was just as good and both flights on time. All in all a very pleasant experience and much better than the equivalent Ryanair from STN. Apart from the high cost of parking at LCY it was also cheaper than the STN option. Would happily use Cityjet again. Pity they do not fly from STN or LTN.

CITYJET customer review :  25 January 2010 : by Paul Van Alsten   (France)

ZRH-CDG in Economy. This Air France flight is operated by CityJet. The self-service check-in machine was very easy to use. Boarding was quick although the aircraft was parked at a remote stand. Seats on the Avro RJ85 are comfortable and legroom is ok. On this short flight the cabin crew managed to offer a second round of sandwiches and drinks. Sandwiches were quite small but tasty - choice between cheese and salami. On the downside service was polite, but not overtly friendly. Beware that row 6 has no window.

CITYJET customer review :  12 January 2010 : by Eric Bateman   (UK)

EDI-LCY-LUX (supposedly) on 6th January. Left EDI a few minutes late after there was no bus available to take us to the aircraft. This delay was to prove pretty costly as we were well into our descent (the captain had told the crew to sit down for landing) when we began to climb again, and captain told us that we were on our way to Southend airport because LCY was closed. History repeated itself and we were well into our descent at Southend and lo and behold, that airport closed as well. Again , the crew were most apologetic and we eventually turned left and went northwards - this time to Birmingham where our adventurous journey ended. We were stuck on the ground for about an hour and eventually were bussed into the Terminal building. At that point, people were offered a bus to LCY (again delayed but let's face it, the airport was engulfed by diverted passengers). I dipped out, in the knowledge that I couldn't get to Lux that day and headed for the palatial environment of the Metropole hotel. Obviously you could argue that the whole thing was a farce, but everyone on the aircraft knew that there was a risk that this would happen. For me, the most important thing was that the crew didn't adopt a "not my fault" approach (which BA did on the way home) and actually tried to help you out so well done to them.

CITYJET customer review :  26 October 2009 : by A Dudzik   (Switzerland)

ZRH-Paris (CDG). Air bFrance flight operated by CityJet. Check-in, boarding etc very quickly, nice, friendly FA's. Perfect service, sandwich ok, refreshing towel, even for this 45min flight. The turn-around time in ZRH is very long (2 hours), that's why the flights are very punctual.

CITYJET customer review :  26 October 2009 : by M Jerman   (UK)

LCY-EDI-LCY same day return. Gate agents at both airports friendly and polite. Cabin crew polite, on the way to EDI bit better, drinks served twice and a choice of pastry. D328 aircraft is quite comfortable with good seat pitch however it shows signs of age and it needs some deep cleaning. Return same day ticket was only 60 which is a great bargain considering airport you fly from, in flight service and the aircraft you fly on.

CITYJET customer review :  13 October 2009 : by A Hijmans   (Brazil)

LCY-DUB with Air France / CityJet. Very uneventful flight; odd plane layout where seats 6A and 6F are window seats without a window. I got stuck with 6F and was not pleased. Inflight service OK but nothing special.

CITYJET customer review :  9 September 2009 : by G Chew   (UK)

London City - Dublin return. One of our group printed her boarding pass, and travelled separately. The rest of us had bags to check, so went to the desk (after check-in in online). The agent gave us the wrong boarding passes (not noticed at security), even after taking our passports and checking which three of us were at the desk. No newspapers were offered despite stacks of them behind the desk. Service onboard was efficient with a smile. Sandwiches tasty. Bags arrived before we did at Dublin. Return nearly as good as the way out although on a Sunday evening, there was only a choice of a 10g bag of pretzels or a sad chocolate muffin. I paid more that a 50 minute flight was worth, but at least you get some added value (free bags/food/drinks) on the London-Dublin route.

CITYJET customer review :  2 September 2009 : by J Burke   (Ireland)

Shannon/Paris CDG/Shannon with Air France/Cityjet. Family of 5 with 5 check in bags, went without a hitch, check-in, flights, easy and on time both ways. Nice and polite ground and flight staff. Had a problem with payment when booking on line (system seemed to freeze up), phoned AF helpline, could not have been more helpful, took payment details on phone and send confirmation email while I was still on the line. The total cost of this return flight which included inflight snack worked out about 300euro cheaper than the so called low cost Irish airline.

CITYJET customer review :  2 August 2009 by Michael Davis

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

London City to Dublin. First time using Cityjet and London City Airport. A great little airline. Booking the fare it was refreshing to see that the amount you first see is the amount you actually end up paying ie. no extra charges, not even a 'handling' charge which is effectively a charge for nothing. My trip to the airport did not go to plan and I ended up at the airport ten minutes before departure. They advertise that you can check in up to ten minutes before departure at City and sure enough the staff got me on that flight. Although check-in had just closed the staff at the ticket counter were helpful. I had already checked in online but needed to have my boarding card printed, then one of them ran with me to the gate. Given the reduction in service levels across most airlines in recent years I couldn't believe this. Flight was fine, pleasant crew, complementary sandwich and bar service. The crew came through the cabin several times offering drinks. Smaller aircraft made for easier boarding and disembarkation. London City a great little airport with no distance between the check-in area and the train station. Overall, this was a great experience compared to Heathrow or Gatwick and the actions of the staff that evening saved me a lot of money and stress in getting me on that flight, I would have had to pay for a new flight and overnight at a hotel and missed half a day's work otherwise.

1 2