Cebu Pacific Passenger Reviews and Cebu Pacific Passenger Trip Reports

1 2

Cebu Pacific customer review :  18 June 2011 by Matthew Williams (Philippines)

Flew the MNL-MPH route. Flight to Caticlan delayed, finally got on. Flight back to Manila cancelled. All other airlines for the day were fully operational but Cebu Pacific insisted our one flight was cancelled because of weather meaning "force majeur" which leads to the next part. The solution was 2 hrs on a public bus at our cost to go to Kalibo then fly to Manila, when we could get a flight out with any of the other airlines operating out of Caticlan as they could handle the "weather". No refund for the flight cancellation because of "weather was outside their control"!

Cebu Pacific customer review :  15 June 2011 by J Knibbe (Australia)

Seoul-Manila-Seoul, satisfactory for a low cost airline. Check-in smooth. I didn't buy any food because it seemed mostly unappealing. The return flight was extremely turbulent and although the turbulence was obviously not the fault of the airline, it would have been good to hear some kind of announcements of reassurance from the captain as the atmosphere in the cabin was very tense for most of the flight.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  23 May 2011 by A Soriano (Philippines)

Our flight was delayed over an hour going to Kuala Lumpur and over 40 hours going back to Manila! Cebu Pacific didn't even bother to book us for an overnight stay at a hotel. We also had to demand for every meal voucher that we were provided. In the plane, they ran out of hot meals (instant cup noodles) and chips. Prior seat selections we had paid for were not honoured either. To top it all, when we got back to Manila, our luggage was missing!

Cebu Pacific customer review :  17 May 2011 by Stuart Bell (Australia)

Flights were in and out of Manila to Kalibo and also to Legazpi. While the prices are cheap and staff friendly the whole experience was a pain. Firstly the check-in at Manila is terrible. The queue seems to take forever as the staff are very slow which is not surprising as the admin and ticketing process they have is ridiculous. Multiple pieces of paper stapled together when just a boarding pass would suffice. At Manila expect to wait in line for at least an hour for check-in, even if you are early. Every flight we took was at least an hour delayed, this caused issues with our connections at the other end. The delays just seem to be a natural occurrence to Cebu Pacific which is probably why they offer no apology when they finally get round to notifying you of the delay. Once on board you can expect to wait quite a long time for the plane to actually leave as the runway traffic is very heavy at Manila.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  27 March 2011 by Mark Taylor (Australia)

BKK-MNL was very good value for money. Paid for the extra legroom in Row 1 and also the extra 5kg. Very smooth check in and boarding and flight was on time. Crew friendly and there was food and drink available for purchase.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  21 March 2011 by Jonathan Day (Australia)

MNL-KULh. Booked online from Australia with no problems. Seating somewhat cramped but OK for 3.5hr flight. Service onboard OK but not as friendly or /professional as Air Asia. Only paid A$90 so good value. Only problem was arriving at KUL LCC at 1am so stayed at Tune Hotel at LCC - very handy and cheap.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  7 March 2011 by R Cruz (Philippines)

Flew with them on PPS, ILO and CEB routes on A320 and A319, and they were okay. You may encounter some delays but most of the time I was with them, flights were just few minutes behind the scheduled departure. Seats are a little bit cramped up but it's okay for short domestic flights. Was able to fly with them for as cheap as 1 USD and these great deals make Cebu Pacific emerge as one of the best low-cost airlines.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  6 March 2011 by Philippe Van der Perre (Belgium)

MNL-Cebu-Caticlan. Second flight was delayed for 9 hours. The ATR had technical problems and apparently Cebu Pacific did not have engineers to solve the problem. Staff were friendly and felt sorry for the delay: They even gave a voucher for a free flight to be used within 6 months. As I paid not even 3000 Php for both flights I can t complain.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  4 March 2011 by David Fiddyment (Australia)

I've flown a few times - mainly between MNL, DVO and CEB. Most times I've booked the flights from Australia, and had no issues with the website or pricing. Airport experience does tend to be somewhat chaotic, but onboard experience is fine. Comfortable and clean aircraft with cheerful crews. Since they're basically all short haul flights, I don't mind about food or amenities.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  11 February 2011 by Barry Mather (Macau)

There should be a body to review how Cebu Pacific do business online, it's not much short of fraud. Almost every time I book on line the ultimate response is "cannot process your card" and every time you try again the price increases. In November I was booked on a Tiger flight from Clark Philippines to Singapore, take off at 12.20. Tiger cancelled at 11.00am and accepted no responsibility for this. The Cebu Pacific flight taking off at 12.10 was only half full and put their price up immediately from 3,950 pesos to 15,000 pesos. Am I the only one who thinks this sort of practice is criminal?

Cebu Pacific customer review :  4 February 2011 by J Northam (Thailand)

Cebu to Manila A319. Checkin very slow and seemed quite disorganised. Although aircraft was new, seating very tight and uncomfortable. I was assigned a window seat on the last row which had no window and was so cramped that it proved to be one of the worst seats I have had to endure. It was impossible to sit in a normal fashion as my knees were pinned against the seat in front of me. I understand Cebu Pacific are a budget airline, but I would eagerly pay more not to endure such seating again.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  3 January 2011 by Paul Johnson (USA)

Cebu Pacific has low published fares but by the time you pay for seating, excess luggage, any snacks including water and Anything else, you are paying about the same as PAL. Couple this with the arrogant staff and it is not worth it. After my last trip, I have decided that even if Cebu Pacific were free, I would not use it. The last flight of my last trip was modified online and changed to a later time and I went through the payment process. When checking in, I was told that no record existed and because I had missed my previous flight, I would have to buy a new and much more expensive ticket. Having no choice, I did so but will never fly them again. Their online booking system is so full of holes that you are taking a big risk with your credit card by using it.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  2 January 2011 by Brian Fisher (USA)

We had to cancel our flight with CEBU one week before we traveled due to a work emergency and they charged us approx 50% fee to do so, then would only refund the remaining 50% in travel credit which must be used in 90 days. This company is predatory, we were very disappointed in their policy.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  14 December 2010 by J Sabaduquia (USA)

MNL-CGY-CEB-CGY. Wesbite was good, though had some issues with it, they accepted our Master Card. Check-In took forever because there were 11 of us; however; check-in agent was friendly and helpful. Terminal 3 is excellent, leaps and bounds better than T1. Boarding was chaotic as ever, on an A320. Seats comfy, cabin was new and clean. Legroom was awful. FAs were unfriendly and robotic, no smiles at all. Good BOB options, good prices. Though a complimentary drink would be nice. CGY-CEB-CGY on a smaller ATR-72, both flights were uneventful. Both flights were departed and arrived nearly 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Cabin were once again spotlessly clean, FAs same, we had the same FA on both legs, sort of friendly. Had some games which was appreciated. Overall, Cebu Pacific is a true lowcost carrier. I would use PR next time for more class and comfort.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  6 December 2010 by N Sutherland (UK)

BKK-MNL-BKK twice in the past 4 months. On time departures and arrivals on all flights. No problems with ticketing and some very good prices to be had compared to PAL and Thai. Usual zoo of a check-in in BKK with people messing around with excess baggage and not being prepared to pay for it. MNL much better. No real complaints with Cebu Pacific - good value and I'll continue to use them.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  8 August 2010 by Walter Bertschinger (Switzerland)

Cebu - Manila: My online reservation could not be accessed by staff at the airport. I was offered to take the same flight at almost three times the price I would have paid if my booking had registered correctly! The print-out of my e-ticket was considered irrelevant. Shaking heads and shrugging shoulders were the reactions I got from Cebu Pacific staff. I decided to use another airline. Despite some okay experiences with Cebu Pacific on previous occasions, I will never use it again.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  18 June 2010 by N Sutherland (UK)

BKK-MNL-BKK. Flights a little quieter in recent weeks due to the problems in Thailand. Quite large variations in price depending on precisely which days you travel. Cebu Pacific used to have very good last minute prices - not any more and the cost to change a travel date was about the same price as the original ticket. They're also cracking down hard on excess baggage - 15kg for checked in bags and 7kg hand carry. Don't expect to haggle an extra few kilos for free - and they're checking (weighing) bags again at the gate. I'll continue to use them in favour of PAL or Thai since their prices are still very competitive, their reliability in my experience has been very good and NAIA-3 is by far the best MNL Terminal - just don't carry too much luggage.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  15 June 2010 by S Charles (Philippines)

When we decided to fly from Cebu to Caticlan (Boracay), we were hesitant to fly Cebu Pacific because of horror stories we heard but opted to give it a chance. We booked and purchased our ticket 3 months in advance. Between that date and the flight date, Cebu Pacific called 3 times to change the time of departure. The worst thing happened when they called 6 days before the actual flight date and told us the flight would be cancelled and they would fly us to Kalibo (3 hours away from Caticlan by bus). The airline rep tried to appease us by providing a free bus ride from Kalibo to Caticlan, however this would mean we would arrive in Boracay past 7pm instead of the original schedule of 3pm. This in effect wasted 1 entire day and meant we paid for 1 night's hotel stay which was useless. Having no other recourse, we agreed but to our horror upon arriving in Kalibo, the bus they prepared from Kalibo to Caticlan was not big enough to accommodate all passengers. They had to fit all 13 of our group into 1 small van. Needless to say, we have all vowed to never fly this airline again.

Cebu Pacific customer review :  14 May 2010 by Ian Pattison (UK)

Gensan-Manila. A pleasant flight, staff a bit scarce, but helpful and nice. Aircraft was clean. Flights can be delayed, but that is not just Cebu. A good low cost airline to get around the Philippines.

1 2