Cayman Airways Passenger Reviews and Cayman Airways Customer Trip Reports

Add your Cayman Airways Review here

Airport Reviews : A-Z Index

Cayman Airways
7.8 out of 10  7.8 out of 10

Cayman Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by L Roestad    (Norway)

Flew from Miami to Havana via the Caymans. 1.5 hrs and 45 min flights. Very nice check-in staff in MIA - helpful. Nice flights in old, but well kept 737-300. Cabin crew middle aged, smiling and professional on both flights. Lots of Cubans on flight = lots of luggage. Ground staff obviously knows this and it seemed like one baggage-handler was dedicated - onboard! Only to help pax with finding space in hat racks. Transit in Cayman quite a mess though, since no info was given from flight/cabin/ground-staff about, well, anything. You have to enter the country and leave again, as if you had stayed there for a week. The whole process took about 1 hour. The little airports departure hall was overcrowded and contained no info-boards at all.

Cayman Airways Customer review :  24 July 2013 by Mia Payne    (USA)

We have been vacationing to the Cayman Islands for years. We love the place. This was the first year we flew Cayman Air from DFW since they started direct flights which we thought was wonderful. Our departure flight was somehow 3 hours late. We arrived almost at 11pm. We had a return flight at 8am. We got up at 5 am to be at the airport on time. Flight was delayed 4.5 hours. Most people with connections missed their flights. Will never fly Cayman Air again.

Cayman Airways Customer review :  19 February 2013 by Andre Franca    (Brazil)

HAV-GCM-LCE. Flight from Cuba packed, flight was delayed, they offered free drinks and you don't pay for the checked bag. Seats are ok, aircraft ageing and smelly. The crew on the first leg was fine, many Cubans on board and only one crew could actually talk in Spanish, second leg quite empty, crew less friendly and seemed lost. Would fly them again only if the price is right.

Cayman Airways customer review :  26 April 2011 by H Gill (USA)

Trip Rating : 10/10

We've had great luck with Cayman Airways - empty seats on the plane even in high season (from Washington Dulles), full meals served, no fees to check luggage and free booze (rum punch)! The flight attendants are charming & friendly - just like the caymanian people. If you look for sales, the prices are very competitive.

Cayman Airways customer review :  1 March 2011 by Sue Lind (USA)

Trip Rating : 3/10

Grand Cayman to Cayman Brac. We could see our luggage out on the tarmac. I pointed this out to the pilot, his response was to shrug his shoulders. As it turns out they regularly leave luggage behind because of weight. They said they would deliver it to us the next day, which did not happen. I am in disbelief that they are so cavalier about our luggage. We were informed by islanders it happens all the time. The pilot said he has been trying to get them to leave islander's luggage behind instead of vacationers? They have a monopoly so do not care. Bad start to a vacation for sure.

CAYMAN AIRWAYS review : 10 February 2009 : by Daniel Wood

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

JFK-GCM then GCM MIA. Cayman Airways should give lessons to the major carriers in customer service. On both flights the staff were amazing. From JFK the take off was very bumpy but the captain made sure we was kept informed at all times. The staff onboard did not stop with food and drinks for the whole four hour flight and nothing was too much trouble. They are simply some of the nicest crew ive ever met with and i have flown a lot of airlines. The aircraft may be old but they are kept in very good shape. Very clean and comfortable.

Cayman Airways review - by F Plona

17 June 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

GCM-MIA connecting to a intercontinental flight, 7.20 am departure a very pleasant surprise as you walk to the plane 737-300 a brand new livery, the interior is fully refurnish, standard configuration, economy seat are very comfortable with lots of legroom, 32, breakfast was served and a very pleasant and hard working cabin crew even manage to pass twice with a selection of complimentary beverages, on a 75 minute flight this is unheard on most of the other airline even on longer flights.

Cayman Airways review - by K Tillon

1 April 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

First, I have to say that the delay at JFK was unacceptable, because it could have been accounted for previously. The flight the night before arrived late and the crew needed their rest period, and they could have planned this into the schedule, because apparently, it happens very regularly. The planes were very clean, but were showing their wear. The seats seemed kind of loose, which was especially bad when an out of control kid behind me was kicking. My seatback moved an inch every time he kicked. One good thing about the old seats is that they really recline. With my feet under the seat in front of me, I was almost able to lie straight. They showed the same movie both directions, which was a bunch of advertisements for places in the Cayman Islands. I didn't really watch it, and it was totally unnecessary on the way back. There were no music channels or anything, but who needs them that bad on a four hour flight. I was very happy to find out that there would be full meal service on board, which is not something I have seen on such a short flight in a very long time. Our morning flight out included one breakfast option (eggs, croissant, sausage, and other sides) and one lunch option, which I chose (turkey wrap, fruit salad, roll, cheese and crackers, and cake). I was surprised by the quality of the food. On the way back, the choices were beef or chicken. I went for the chicken, which had broccoli, rice, a roll, and a strange coconut cookie. Everything was pretty good except the cookie. Some people got a rum cake for their dessert... I wasn't one of them. The flight attendants were friendly enough, and they were usually at work. Unlike on domestic flights where they have nothing to do and hide in galley for 6 hours. The airport terminal in Grand Cayman is dilapidated, but a new terminal is in the works, so it won't be long.

Cayman Airways review - by Graham Tilley

28 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Miami-Grand Cayman-Miami in Economy. The service on Cayman Airways is comparable to a lot of European airlines and probably better than the domestic product offered on short-haul services in the USA. Despite the old aircraft, interiors are faultless and you could not ask for much more from the cabin crew

Cayman Airways review - by Brian Martin

9 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

I like Cayman Airways and choose to fly CA when I travel MIA-GCM. However, I am disappointed with the Frequent Flyer programme. I found it nigh impossible to check the status of my air miles and even if I had navigated to the site it would not have made any difference as, when I tried to recover my password I got the response 'null' - clearly incorrect. I still haven't been able to get a reminder of my password. Help!

Cayman Airways review - by Daniel Wood

27 February 2007

Flew Miami to Grand Cayman. Plane spotless and fa's some of the best I have ever encountered. Well done and keep it up

Cayman Airways review - by Andrew de Araujo

21 June 2006

MIA-Grand Cayman return in Business. Check-in at MIA was disorganized. While there were several check-in agents on hand, very few were interested in actually checking in passengers. I stood in the business class check-in queue which was a mistake because I was ignored. Finally I joined the Y class queue and was eventually taken care of. General state of check-in was apathy. Standard business class set-up with eight seats up front in the 737-300. Interior was reasonably clean and the small up-front cabin was spacious and comfortable. The flight left on time and arrived in GCM on time which is of primary importance (after safety, I suppose). The in flight service was friendly and the "snack" was plentiful (cheese and fruit). Our bags came off the belt almost last as Miami had neglected to place priority baggage tags onto our suitcases (not the case leaving GCM so that our bags were first coming off the belt in Miami upon our return a few days later). Overall a reasonably priced business class ticket (very reasonable when compared to their only competitor on this route, American Airlines). Service was good overall (better than American).

Cayman Airways review - by Brad Bregani

15 July 2003

I flew earlier in the day from Vancouver to Miami via Houston with Continental Airlines on my way to the Cayman Islands. The service and overall experience with Cayman Airways as compared to Continental was night and day. Cayman Airways uses 25 year old 737-200's but you'd think they just rolled off of the assembly line. Sparkling clean, great colour scheme, tons of leg room and seat pitch, and great on-board service. I got more food and beverages on the 75 minute flight from Miami to Grand Cayman than I did on the 4.5 hour flight earlier in the day from Vancouver to Houston with Continental. Cayman had an awesome cabin crew, and a very friendly pilot that personally thanked and shook hands with every passenger as we de-planed. I have nothing but positive things to say about Cayman Airways!!