Cathay Pacific Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Mark LaPrairie    (Bhutan)

CX828, HKG-YYZ, business class, seat 16K. Bravo CX. Puts the US carriers to shame. Got onboard and realized I was seated adjacent to a mother and her 3 young daughters in the second small cabin of business class and imagined there was going to be a lot of family chit-chatting, so asked the purser if there was a window seat in the first larger business cabin available. She found a family member of a CX staff travelling on a pass and asked her to switch seats with me. I then used the lavatory and returned to my seat with a wad of tissue. This was noted by a flight attendant who arrived at my seat with an entire box of tissue for my use throughout the flight. That was thoughtful. Food was excellent, particularly the hamburger from the mid-flight snack menu. I asked to have the first meal served 'express' with everything (appetizer, entree, dessert, etc) on the tray delivered asap after take-off as I was really tired and wanted to just eat fast and sleep. This was no problem and done as requested. Seat comfort good - lots of storage space. Selection of movies and very good. Flight on time. Flight attendants couldn't have been nicer - polite, obliging. No snarling and snappy quips like on United. Overall, excellent business class product.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by C Schmidtke    (USA)

TPE-NRT. I was looking forward to flying with a much-recommended airline for the first time. Kind of a ho-hum experience. Nothing special, really. Limited entertainment. Food middling. Beverage selection awful. I finally asked the attendant if they had anything other than oolong tea or sugary drinks. She looked at me and said, "That is a very good question." It took her several minutes to track down a single can of Perrier. Overall okay since it was just a short flight, but certainly not living up to the hype that surrounds this airline and not an airline I would seek out again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by J Liew    (USA)

Traveled from LAX-HKG-KUL and return. I have done this trip twice in the last 4 years with my wife and 3 kids, all under 5 years of age. This is the best airlines I have ever been on. I would never travel anywhere long distance to East Asia any other way.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 March 2014 by P Fox    (USA)

LAX-HKG. I've flown this route many times and they've spoiled me. It took a recent business class trip (LAX-PVG) on their One World sister AA to remind me just how top notch CX is. The product and service are the best. Excellent entertainment, food, seat is beyond 1st class for many other airlines. Polite, attentive, professional service. Rare. Service like this is becoming a lost art in many places.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 March 2014 by John Contreras    (Philippines)

Hong Kong - Manila. Bumped the 4 of us from economy to Premium Economy since economy was overbooked. Seat was spacious and very comfortable (comparable to the business class seat of PR A320 business class seat). Food was okay (sandwich only since it's a 2 hour flight). Plane was a B777-300er. Transfer is a breeze. Inflight entertainment is very good (ranges from classical music to newest, movies and concerts are also present including TV shows). CX is a benchmark of great airline service. Will definitely fly them again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Leanne Bree    (Australia)

Melbourne to HK then HK to Rome and return. The MEL-HKG leg was okay, again minimal services. The entertainment choices however were excellent. I have learnt from many other long haul flights and now take a soft full size pillow rolled up, it makes the world of difference. They are pretty lenient with carry ons, I feel the luggage limit of 20kg was a little lousy compared to other carriers. The meal was pretty normal airline food. The flight however was on time and our luggage got there safely. However, the HKG - Rome leg was the horrible shell seats. Almost no padding. FA's were really very nice. I spoke to one about the seats and she said they use the old planes to Rome as there are facilities for the staff to sleep and that they use the newer planes for the Melbourne leg. On the return leg we were given a few little packs of cookies. On our trip from Rome to HK, we found for some unknown reason our pre-selected seats were changed and my husband and I were apart. We asked about this and they fixed at the check in desk. However onboard, someone else had a boarding pass for one of our seats so staff had to quickly find her a seat somewhere. All in all, it was a negative experience.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Stephen Wilson    (UK)

Food was very good, but left for hours without being offered any drinks or snacks. Usually fly with Singapore Airlines who are far superior. Expected a similar service. No hot towels provided, no toothbrush and paste or flight socks. One meal and drink soon after take off, then nothing for 10 hours.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by B Anderson    (UK)

Hong Kong to London Heathrow, 27th Feb, CX257. A 12 hr fight two rows apart because single people are allowed to take the window and aisle seats, leaving only single centre seats. Not everyone can book online - we can't.Young children screaming and crying - can't all young children be sat in one area? The TV didn't work for the whole journey - I told the hostess, but she never came back about it. Worst flight and it had to be the long one.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Albert Tony    (UK)

We flew on CX250 on 28/2. Check in at LHR was bad as the business class desk was not obvious and we were ordered to use the kiosk. This spat out our lounge pass which confused the lady who realised that we were novices and was trying to be helpful. Eventually all the paperwork was sorted and the cases sent on their way. The lounge was comfortable, boarding straightforward and we found our seats. Initially it looked good but no one "showed" us round so we did not discover a locker in which the headset was stowed and within which was hidden the socket to plug them in. The IFE was better than the listings for classical the music indicated but the audio books appeared to be very limited. dinner drink was offered to one of us but not the other. Dinner was a disappointment - smallish portions, minimal garnishing and the advertised pork was substituted by chicken. The bed was clever but this meant that in the day position there was no support for the lower legs. No pillow or mattress, the lack of the former forced my wife to use her blanket as a pillow so she was cold. Breakfast was dire although the cups of tea were better than average. The crepe was a soggy scrambled egg. The flight attendants were not alert and failed to realise visual handicap, something that needs to be added to their training. Disembarkation was smooth and our bags arrived on the carousel very quickly.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Graham Brett    (UK)

ICN-HKG-SYD, BNE-HKG-ICN in Y class. Departed Feb, returned early March. All flights on time with excellent service. All flights on A330-300 aircraft. The first ICN-HKG flight was on an A330 yet to receive the updated economy cabin, no different from my inter-Asia flights back in 2012. Loop channel entertainment however still good movies and these are being phased out. All my other flights (2 long haul and the HKG-ICN sector) were with updated cabins. I'm 6'1" so of course it was a bit tight but comfy compared to most economy products and I managed a good sleep on the BNE-HKG sector. Entertainment was amazing! Large touchscreen TVs that were a joy to use. Food was also good on all sectors and the gin and tonics I had were very tasty with just the right strength. All in all highly recommended!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

HKG-TPE-HKG, my first time on CX but if these 2 flights are the norm then it won't be my last, CX406 and CX405 on a 773 and returning on an A330. Check in both at HK Central and TPE quick and polite, the lounges both in HK and TPE very good too. The flights for a flight of 1hr 30min where fantastic, they really put the US and European airlines regional business class to shame, the seats were great, the new type out and the old type back. The crew again very friendly and really on top of their game, then the food I don't bother that much with airline food but this again was pretty good. Great trip and I will be looking to use CX again soon on there long haul product.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by B John    (Australia)

CX170 and CX888, PER-HKG-YVR on A330 and 777ER. Firstly Qantas lounge at Perth is ordinary but did the job for an hour. Trip from PER to HKG was quite good with food okay, service friendly & seat being comfortable. HKG to YVR was excellent all round again and slept 7 of the 11 hours. Overall very good but find that the 777ER is significantly more spacious and comfortable seat then the A330 (due to cabin width). I would also recommend getting an extra duvet or 2 (you get 1 initially) as these are quite thick and can be used as a type of mattress when sleeping, it really made the world of difference on the 2nd leg for me.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Jacob Choi    (Hong Kong)

Flight CX256 (LHR to HKG) on 14th. There was a delay in takeoff from Heathrow due to strong winds, causing us to wait onboard the plane for 30 minutes, but the pilot kept us well informed of the situation. Although this flight wasn't as perfect as my last flight (CX233), possibly because it was a full flight, the crew were attentive and helpful. The meals weren't as good as last time (no chocolates or Haagen Dazs) but it was still edible (with Chinese spicy chicken and congee) and above what you would typically expect in economy. The thing I most like about the seat was the compartment in which you were able to put your phone in.

1999-2013  Skytrax. All rights reserved.