Cathay Pacific Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Cathay Pacific Videos

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 April 2015 2015 by Tarmidzi Jamson    (Singapore)

CX736 and CX715 from SIN to HKG. I have to say, I've been on a few flights in the past year and in my opinion, Cathay Pacific is comparable to a low cost carrier. I've been on All Nippon Airways and Korean Air, and I expected that Cathay Pacific would do much better since it's been regarded as the best airline in the world so of course I would have high expectations. But no, and here's why: 1) I did not feel welcome from the moment I checked in up to the point I exited the aircraft, the atmosphere was "cold" to say the least. Half of the cabin crew were robotic and the service felt really off to me. 2) Food, there was no problem with the dinner they served but what annoyed me was the fact that their cutlery was made of plastic. I hate eating with plastic forks and spoons, and I was appalled that a five star airline would have the audacity to use plastic tools for people to eat with. 3) In- flight entertainment not up to standard; the content was fine but the equipment was not. It is exactly the type that Jetstar uses and I hate the fact that there were no buttons and that everything was touchscreen. My complaints may seem petty to some individuals, but I strongly believe that these three components are some of the basic foundation that defines an airline.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 2015 by Cristoffer Cedergren    (Sweden)

I went with Cathay on a Regional flight from Singapore to Bangkok with their A330. It was an excellent flight. Service was very good, food was tasty and drinks felt carefully selected. Screens were good and I could charge my phone by using the USB-contact. Only negative: there was not able to watch films during this short flight.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  15 April 2015 2015 by Lindkvist Chan    (Sweden)

Ho Chi Minh City to Hong Kong with Economy class. Beside getting the excellent service from ground staff and flight attendants, the rest of my experience was no good. Flight was delayed for almost three hours from HCMC-HK then delayed for 1.5 hours from HK-HCMC. Selection of beverages was minimal, alcohol was not offered unless you asked for it and the inflight food was awful. I do not think I will fly with this airline again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 2015 by N Gurciullo    (Australia)

Melbourne - Shanghai via HK and return same route. Had very high expectations of this airline and class judging by the reviews here. For the most part I would have to agree. Cathay Pacific are very good airline and the business class experience is quite fine. Check in smooth and quick, virtually no waiting at all and same for express card at immigration. At lounge in Melbourne we were greeted and shown the lounge and told we'd be advised when the flight was ready for boarding. Pretty good selection of reading material, strong Wi-Fi and food selection both western and eastern, all up a positive experience. HK lounges similar set up and look but bigger and more choices etc. On board was similarly great. Huge amount of room in overhead locker as in business you are not sharing. My jacket was taken off me without asking and stored for the flight. Offered a selection of drinks before flight and shortly after take-off personally welcomed on board. A Nice touch. Lovely hot towels before eating and after eating always a plus. The seat is exactly as you imagine. Large, comfortable with plenty of room. Try as I might you just can't touch the next seat ahead of you. Controls simple and easy to use. The screen and entertainment system pretty good but I'd have to say Emirates is better for variety and information. Dinner was served pretty quickly as this was an after midnight departure. Fresh white linen is placed on tray table and simple design of unfussy crockery and cutlery. Lots of attention given with plenty of staff for the cabin, always not far away should need them. On the food front I'd say it was tasty and plentiful but not exactly what I'd call luxurious but definitely a step up from economy as it should be. Breakfast approaching HK was better. Fresh juice and smoothies, both cold and hot food to eat and a selection of three choices are offered. In terms of the fully reclined bed, I couldn't fault the bed itself. I was surprised how far it kept going back. In fact I actually brought up slightly to give my body some support as fully flat felt a little like laying on the floor. I'd also say the cavity where you place your feet is far too hot. Both my partner and I felt a bit like our legs were on fire. That combined with the warmth of the duvet provided made it too warm. This should be addressed somehow. Disembarking is a quick and part of the advantage of flying in this class. Overall it's a very comfortable and spacious flying experience. This seat is used as a first class product by Dragon Air the sister airline and in fact the feel and cabin does feel very first class if a little spartan and pared back. Overall I'd recommend the crew, airline and experience. Food, cabin temperature aside it's well worth flying business class particularly if you can take advantage of the seat / bed.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 2015 by N Ronald    (Hong Kong)

Flight 500 / Japan Airlines Flight 7048. HKG-NRT, B777-300. Be aware that: Seats 46AK and 49AK are window seats without windows on Cathay's Boeing 777-300. Hard shells weren't too bad afterall on a short haul 4 hour flight. Although seats don't recline and the person at the front won't lean back and occupy your limited space, hard shells are not comfortable when compared to other ordinary seats and I don't feel relaxed. On the other hand, seat legroom was acceptable, but not satisfactory enough. Seat width was good. The entertainment system or AVOD has limited choice and the screen wasn't sensitive enough. The AC power socket provided was not working at my seat. For the food, it was Fish w/ Rice or Chicken w/ Pasta, both with salad, bread, a drink and Haagen Dazs as dessert. The crew were friendly and willing to help. In general, the flight was on time and was earlier than expected. Everything was OK and above average and were up to standards as a 5-star airline. However, there is still room for improvement. CX is reliable and I will travel with CX again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  13 April 2015 2015 by KY Wong    (Canada)

I have travelled on CX flights every year since 2004 and I am a Marco Polo member but I do not find any difference in the staff service. When I asked for a comment form, the flight managers kept asking to find out what comments I would be writing. Though I had asked for a change of seats on 2 of my flights because there were empty seats. I was told to wait until the door was closed. I waited but the seats were taken by other passengers before the airplane's door was closed, though I asked before them. When I was upgraded to business class, the hostess chose to give me the noodles, burnt and oily dumplings for breakfast. When I asked for a noodle snack (in premium economy), the hostess refused to serve me claiming that breakfast would be served in an hour (actually 1.5 hours later). The staff did not ask what drinks I would like and they just served whatever they liked.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 April 2015 2015 by LeFaucheur Alan    (Hong Kong)

Sydney to Hong Kong. Regular CX passenger. Chaotic boarding which is unusual. Bus class cabin as good as ever and the new amenity kit is a vast improvement. Lovely staff although the cabin service director oddly absent, Will always recommend Cathay for the consistent good crews and great hard product. Only the food is terrible and sadly that is consistent. No salt and pepper shakers in bus class is just dumb and the plastic packets you get if you ask for are too coarse and would embarrass Economy class.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  5 April 2015 2015 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

HKG to Newark, premium economy, cabin showed as full was actually quiet. Really all you get is a better seat and more space. Bathroom is actually quite a way back in economy. Good food, excellent CX service as usual, they were very present during long flight making lots of runs. Very helpful with the ancient Americans who seemed to have a wide range of special needs and requests. The front section of economy is not really that different to premium. On time, pilot updated regularly and all in all much better than other option United. Lounge in HK fantastic but really too busy as many members get there very early to spend 4 hours or so there.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 2015 by J Huang    (Australia)

BNE-TPE return (via Hong Kong) in Economy. I feel like CX has improved its service, as we received average to above average service on all flights (whereas previously service was just poor). In particular, cabin crew between HKG and TPE were excellent. Connections in Hong Kong were seamless and easy, with CX carrying everything off with professionalism. IFE options are varied and entertaining, and the dining options seem to have improved with 3 choices for the main meal and also Haagen Dazs ice cream served for dessert. Flights all reasonably on time.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 April 2015 2015 by Roger Stone    (Australia)

BNE-HKG-BNE in Premium Economy (and then to Hanoi on Hong Kong Airlines for a change). Cathay Premium Economy never seems to vary: good food, good service, passable wine (albeit in a plastic cup) and quite good seating. A negative is that the Cathay Pacific web-site often shows premium economy as being already completely full when looking at potential flights and selecting seats, when in fact, it isn't full at all. I wonder how many customers Cathay are losing because of this. They've lost me this time because of this odd problem and I will head to Hong Kong and back on Qantas next time. Otherwise, a good reliable airline, overall.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 March 2015 2015 by Brennan Michael    (Australia)

We flew LHR-HKG and HGK-SYD, 11/12 January 2015. We were previously booked on Malaysian Airlines and took the option from Flight Centre to change after their misfortunes during 2014. Wish we had stayed with Malaysian. Found Cathay Pacific in-flight service and overall comfort to be far inferior to our previous international flights with both Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways. In addition we booked and paid for extra leg-room on the legs to/from Australia. When checking-in at LHR I noticed that we had not been allocated these seats and to make matters worse my wife and I were allocated different rows. Upon questioning this I was told that HKG was not open at that time so take it up with them when we arrive. The flight was delayed and upon arrival in HKG we were quickly and rudely ushered to our awaiting flight to SYD. The Cathay staff at the Gate would not assist even though they admitted a mistake had been made, and other people were now in the seats we paid for but they would not move them. We therefore spent the flight crammed into the middle of the middle rows in seats several rows apart. Never again will we fly with Cathay Pacific and very little positive to say based on our experiences.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 March 2015 2015 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

HKG to BKK, economy, good seat at front of cabin, TV AVOD old and a bit limited but fine for a short flight. Great service on both flights. Food and drinks fast, wine and coffee plentiful. Crew always reply with a smile and a good attitude. I had more legroom than the premium crowd in front of me. Lounge in BKK - considering the high number of flights the lounge is really basic. The priority pass one is much better, small, crowded, limited food and drinks. They also allow other airlines like Sri Lankan to use it too. They really need a decent lounge there to cope with the many flights to HK.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  25 March 2015 2015 by R Paterson    (USA)

JFK-HKG-SIN return. Transpacific legs in F on the 773ER. Cathay continues to be the standard bearer for international first class travel, maybe SQ the only other true contender. FAs are excellent, food and drink are superb, AVOD is well-stocked and diverse. Hard product is excellent, from mattress pad to duvet to pillow. Slept a solid 8 hours uninterrupted on each flight. Lounges at HKG are well above average but you need to know which to visit as there are many. The Wing and The Bridge are standouts for F and J travel, respectively. For flights to SIN and back, 777 and A330 planes in regional 3-class configuration without F were used. J class on these flights featured the older recliner product but this was comfortable enough for the roughly 3 hour flight. Food and drink were decent, far better than what's found in J on other airlines. Only place CX needs to improve is on the boarding process. Is often chaotic and poorly managed. If they can get that in order, they would be the best airline in the world in my opinion.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 March 2015 2015 by Lisa Norton    (Australia)

I flew from SYD to LHR in Premium Economy. I was very disappointed. I paid the extra over economy for the extra legroom (tick) but also for the dedicated bathroom and premium service. On the SYD to HK leg we had to use the crowded economy toilets. The HKG to LHR we had a decimated bathroom - but lengthy queue as economy passengers were waking up and using it. This was not policed by the flight attendants. The food was also the same as economy with no top up of your wine during dinner. Overall, not worth the extra. Cathay should travel on Qantas Premium Economy to see how it should operate. Never again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 March 2015 2015 by D Pennicott    (UK)

We flew LHR-HKG, HKG-MNL and then back and on both journeys the flight was excellent. I have flown with many airlines in different classes including first and the service on this flight was by far the best I've experienced. The seats were comfortable and the entertainment was great. I can't wait to fly Cathay again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 March 2015 2015 by Al Prober    (Australia)

After reading so many negative reviews was worried about this flight. Pleased to report that I completely disagree. Yes, you could complain that the attendants aren't running around after you like they do in business, but that's churlish. Food is great, IFE excellent and seat reclines nicely enough to get a bit of sleep. Best of all, even if the people in front recline, they're not actually in your lap like some people here have said. I sat on the back row and would choose the same seats again. Flight was full both ways and at around $3.5k well worth the extra and I'd struggle to pay double that just to be able to lie down which is pretty much the only.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 2015 by Daniel Sharon    (Italy)

CMB-BKK on CX700. I came with high expectations and fond memories of flights I took with Cathay Pacific around 5 years ago but was in for a shock. Seated on seat 59C (exit aisle) the seat when reclined designed in such a way that it pushes your head down. The 'Asian vegetarian meal' was some stale disgusting tasting bread with some cheap margarine, one piece of lettuce and a tiny piece of boiled zucchini. Tea was super strong and a sickly sweet Thai made apple concentrate juice was given. Worst of all the water was like nothing I ever experienced anywhere let alone on an airline. It smelt like highly chlorinated swimming pool water and I flushed it down the toilet. Cabin crew were efficient in a typically Chinese way but completely under motivated. They looked exhausted from what I suspect is a heavy load of flights. No immigration cards were given, the inflight magazine is a joke and the plane heating system seemed noisier than usual (though I may be biased due to the overall experience). A world class airline? I don't think so!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 2015 by Chris Key    (UK)

Flew Cathay business class A330 from ICN to HKG return. Very good cordial service and knew my name. Seat has lots of space. IFE is superb and food very good. HKG lounge was overcrowded but on a Friday night this is often the case. Seat has lots of room. A fantastic experience.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 2015 by M Roberts    (UK)

Flew LHR-HKG-SYD-HKG-LHR all on Cathay in business for the first time, usually fly BA. Overall quite good. Good things: IFE good but not out of this world - same programming on short programmes for all legs but films varied although quite safe. Comedy section good classics but limited and again very PC. Planes clean. Comfortable seats although (see my not so good) but nice space and storage. Cabin temperature not too cold, not too hot. Service attentive and really worked hard. Toilets always clean. Food - This was the one great disappointment and I eat anything! On two legs of the food was cold and had to reheat. Choices really limited, taste not great - really tasted like plane food rather than business class plane food. Servings small and presentation poor. Seats a little lumpy even though they get great write-ups, would greatly benefit from a mattress, didn't sleep much - I really don't know who else I can try as they all seem like this.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 2015 by D Jason    (UK)

Flew Dubai - Hong Kong - Bali and return. All in all fantastic flights. Service and crew on all flights were absolutely superb. Flat beds on the DXB-HKG sectors are amongst the best in the sky. The 'regional' business class seat on the HKG - Bali flights adequate for flights up to about five hours and during the day (I wouldn't be able to sleep in one though). Food was average - not Cathay's strong point. Lounges in Hong Kong good although the staff there seem a bit stand off-ish. Used a cabana in the first class Wing lounge and it was fantastic. Food also good. Would definitely choose Cathay ahead of other airlines.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 2015 by R Kelly    (UAE)

Flew DXB-HKG-BNE return all on the A330-300. Much better price than EK even though its not non stop. Service is excellent, the business cabin seats are very comfortable with flat lie beds, same style as AA's new B777-300. Food is good and plenty of it. The cabin crew on all legs were friendly and efficient. IFE is good, nice big screens and a good enough selection. Didn't spend much time in the lounges in HK but of the time spent they are good. CX use the BA lounge in DXB which is just about ok. In BNE they use the Qantas lounge which is again ok apart from the rude staff. I will definitely fly with CX again and cant recommend them enough, they are all round excellent.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 March 2015 2015 by D Hiralal    (Switzerland)

Geneva to Hong Kong and return via London in C-Class. Outbound was ok but nothing special. Return was really poor. The food choice was poor and they ran out of the prime dish. Staff were not welcoming and were cold. Asked if I could dine a bit later but that was refused. They appeared twice. Once for lunch, once for dinner. Will go back to Swiss.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 2015 by Ivanov Maksim    (Russia)

KA909, Beijing to Hong Kong, check in was quick, cabin crews were very helpful and with sweet smiles. my KA studio screen didn't work, FA reset it twice but it still wasn't working. She apologised many times, the great attitude made things easier. Food was good, and an ice cream was offered after the meal.

CX105, Hong Kong to Melbourne. Flight was on time, and the seat was comfortable. Not very noisy, I slept well. The food was good, they offered both western style food and eastern style food.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 March 2015 2015 by M Dee    (Australia)

Flew SYD-HKG, HKG-EWR, JFK-HKG, HKG-SYD between Feb 9 to Mar 1. First time flying with this airline, a really pleasant experience. Paid AU$1600 five months in advance, making it only $400 for each long flight, great value. Ground and flight crew were all professional and hospitable. Ticked all the right boxes in terms of IFE, catering, seat comfort and cabin cleanliness. Enjoyed the view via the exterior camera flying over Alaska and Greenland on the 777-300ER. Couldn't ask for much more as an economy passenger, won't hesitate flying Cathay again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 2015 by Florian Cailler    (UK)

Seats were quite comfy, movie choice was good, music choice was however quite poor unless you are a big fan of Kpop or Chinese music. Food wise, choice was ok but quality was quite poor except my partner who got a business class main course as they were short on what he asked for. Also they should be giving small bottles of water instead of glasses, if you are sleeping there is nowhere to keep the water safe.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 2015 by S Auld    (UK)

Having flown a number of legs on CX recently, I've been mostly impressed by both the seats and the service. I flew on the B777-300 ER and the regional A330 and the service was good on all legs. The seats on the long haul B777s are excellent, with plenty of storage space and an excellent entertainment system, with a huge choice of movies, TV and music. My only disappointment was with the food. The choice is limited (no choice offered for appetisers, this always appears to be a form of smoked salmon) and, having sampled most of the dishes offered, none were particularly impressive. This appears to be at odds with the level of service offered by the airline. The food at the lounges in HKIA, in particular at The Wing, remains excellent. Other than the average food, CX are an excellent airline and the seats and service are about as good as it gets in the air.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 2015 by Sara Gallagher    (Australia)

Our kids are scattered around the world to the extent that the best way to visit them is a round-the-world ticket, which makes for a horrendous trip. No trip is without it's troubles: in flight problems being rough weather, screaming baby kicking your kidneys from behind / super sized passenger demanding you don't recline your seat, or delays caused by drunken passengers/ flight staff not turning up / broken equipment. My aim is to look for the least unpleasant trip providers, whilst doing all that I can to minimise inconvenience and discomfort for me, fellow travellers and employees. Cathay Pacific seems to be the least traumatic way of doing this. I have travelled with them and many other carriers over the last fifteen years and consider them the best, staff very helpful and non-confrontational when things go wrong (eg dealing effectively with abusive drunk). And I will try to avoid American Airways for the Atlantic leg, who exceeded my expectations of how bad a flight could be (thankfully 'only' a short seven hour hop).

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 2015 by B Vogel    (USA)

I had written my experiences in Business Class EWR-HKG-EWR a few months ago. At that time. I wasn't impressed with the service, food, and everything about Cathay Pacific. I assumed that it was a fluke and used Cathay again with the same itinerary. It wasn't a fluke! I can't believe that this is one of the best business class airlines. The reviews are very good except for the North American flights. In any event, I'll switch to United in the future. At least, I'll know their short comings.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 2015 by J Ward    (Australia)

Flew business class from London to Sydney via Hong Kong this week. London to Hong Kong sector very comfortable with flat bed cubicle. A few things missing, no PJS nor pre orderings drinks as is the case with Qantas and Virgin. Second leg HK to Sydney - huge disappointment. The airline switched aircraft's at very last minute meaning business class (read premium economy) had no flat bed cubicles just seats. No passengers were advised ahead of time and the response to my complaint letter said the airline was sorry but nothing could be done about it.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 2015 by R King    (UK)

LHR-HKG (B777) then HKG-PER (A330) and return. Business class. (No First Class on the aircraft I used). Both aircraft's are similar from the point of view of the seat itself and the service you get, although the A330 seat is slightly smaller but that is only really noticeable in the smaller side-cupboard by the seat. Storage is impressive and is everywhere. The headphone cabinet has more storage space too, and it has a mirror. Seat firm but comfortable. You don't get pyjamas or a mattress with business class with Cathay, only in their First Class. Initially I was miffed but actually I didn't notice not having the mattress and I slept well. The amenity kit has ear plugs anyway. Cathay dining is esoteric and not always to a western palate. It is served from a trolley so you get to see the product before you select it which is rather good. Cathay service is practical and competent but I feel that it is not polished like, say BA or Emirates. I chose Cathay because I wanted the best seat for a 24 hr flight and in that respect any short-comings in other departments (food, no mattress, humourless but efficient staff) are insignificant: these seats will get you there in comfort. I was most impressed and will use them again. The seat does it for me - it is what makes a difference after the flight.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 March 2015 2015 by E Mshna    (USA)

Cathay did provide the best service between New York and Hong Kong. The service by the mostly Hong Kong crew was excellent. The Cathay chef knows how to concoct those airline meals. The small portions are just what I want on a long flight. If you want more, there are noodles freely available. So is the champagne, wine and Johnnie Walker. Everything comes with linen and silverware. The movie selection is huge and power is available for personal electronics. I usually manage to sleep half of the flight, very nice. My last flight, Hong Kong to JFK via Vancouver in January, began well in business class but soon went downhill. I was late boarding and the head purser made me a beautiful mimosa, joking that the look is what counts. It was just the kind of nice little touch which makes for a great flight. Surprisingly the food went downhill from that point. For the first meal I ordered the filet - it was cold, overcooked and tough, inedible. Hours later, the next meal was the same. The duck was greasy, stringy and tough. I noticed that the entrees were lined up open on top of the trolley before serving. Passengers at the rear got cold congealed food! Because they were slow with the service, the food cooked too long then sat open the whole time. I tried to refuel with their ever available noodles but these came mushy though fragrant. Very frustrating. Except for the one purser who did not appear again, the entire cabin crew was new. Looked like they are training a whole new crew for this cabin. I've flown Cathay for years and years, and I know they will fix it. But meanwhile methinks Singapore or EVA for a couple of years might be good for me.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 2015 by Yung Ho Man    (Singapore)

Travelled from SIN-HKG and back. Check-in counter waiting time really efficient at Hong Kong Airport Express station and Singapore is really efficient. Aboard flight, good movies and TV shows shown on StudioCX, and the food was very fresh and tasty. Good flight attendant service with the newest economy class. Clean cabin and toilet and quiet flying experience on Airbus A330-300. I think CX should improve on the array of movies and TV shows as they are fewer than other airlines. but so far I am satisfied on both flights.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 2015 by Millar Jeffrey    (Australia)

I travelled Manchester - Sydney return on 777-300 ER. The service was mediocre on 3 of the 4 legs with a poor selection of food, warm champagne and no single malts. The crew were almost robotic and did not show any real deep customer care. The service was rushed and served without any finesse unlike Singapore and Emirates. The new seat/bed was ok but felt tight and squeezed in. Obviously on this airline they have crammed in as many seats as possible with no space to move around the plane. I am 1.80 in height and slim and getting in and out of my seat 17K unless the seat was completely upright was a struggle. Boarding on all 4 legs as a BC passenger was chaotic and a stress. In Hong Kong it was unbelievable. 14 staff and not one singing off the same hymn sheet. Also in HK no one welcomed us onboard either on entry or when we were seated. The crew manager spent all her time at the front of the plane and never entered to serve or speak with the passengers in any class on the HK to Manchester leg on 18 Feb 2015. She was unapproachable and aloof. The business class lounge at Manchester was a joke and in Hong Kong was nice when inside the staff were distant and robotic. In Sydney we used the Qantas lounge winch was a delight. I would not spend £3700 with this airline again but will travel Singapore or Emirates BC when I travel long haul and wouldn't use Manchester again I'll travel through Heathrow.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 2015 by Griffiths Marie    (Australia)

This airline came highly recommended by friends and I think they must have flown a different airline to me. I recently had 4 international flights with Cathay all of which were late for take off. Our first flight MEL to Hong Kong (late out of MEL) was pleasant, the staff were attentive, the service went downhill from there. Honk Kong - New York late for take off which caused problems at the New York end having to pay a waiting fee for car service. London-Hong Kong an unpleasant trip staff tired and grumpy from the start, toilets dirty and smelly and again a late take off. Hong Kong-MEL well what can I say, late take off again (almost an hour). Staff should find another job if they don't want to do long haul flights unpleasant to the point of being down right rude. Toilets were absolutely disgusting. The only saving grace of this airline was the seats enough room to stretch and get some sleep. My expectation is that flights take off on time and an occasional late take off is acceptable but come Cathay 4 late take offs in one trip really is a bit much.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 February 2015 2015 by R Vines    (UK)

I used to travel CX regularly in the decade 1984-1994 when I lived in Hong Kong. This was my first time in 20 years, traveling round-trip to Melbourne from London. The lounges were generally good,with decent Chinese food but little or no choice in wines. On board, I found the seats comfortable. The service was polite and generally efficient. I didn't see much spontaneity or anticipation: You end up having to ask for what you want. The main disappointment was the food, particularly from HK to Melbourne and back. It wasn't terrible but it was worse than I remember it 30 years ago. I'd certainly fly Cathay again but I was surprised not to find it better than BA.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by R Robinson    (UK)

We flew in Business on the new direct flight from Manchester to Hong Kong. I have to say that this is the best Business Class I've flown on and is realistically just about as good as BA's First Class. The seat is huge, wider than BA's First Class seat and wider than any Business Class seat, bar Singapore. The food is very good (though in all fairness not great). On board entertainment is good. The seats are, apart from being really, really wide, are amazingly simple to operate. None of the over-complicated devices that take half a flight to figure out how to use. Service is good, though in one direction a bit cold and stand-offish (though still efficient). The HK lounge is good, though obviously not as nice as the Cathay First Class lounge, The Wing. But for Business Class, pretty good indeed. The only downside is cost. This was a fair bit more expensive than most of the other Business Class options to HK, though it is the only direct flight, so worth the extra to avoid a change of planes. I can definitely recommend Cathay's Business Class.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by Ching Neng Ying    (Malaysia)

Return flight form HKG to LAX. I have no issues with the seats and food but the service is very poor. When I got to my seat, I requested one of the cabin stewardess to help me store my cabin bag. The answer I got from her was shocking, she said she would do it later together with me! I can understand that she might not be strong or tall enough to (like myself) but she could either ask for another stewardess or a steward to help. Even budget airlines help with the cabin bags.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by E R Hunter    (UK)

After paying to go premium Economy we did not get any extra service. We had to use the economy toilets quite away back in the plane. We have always flown with Qantas before and the cabin crew pay a lot of attention to you even though you are Premium Economy. They came round with water and snacks. We only saw the cabin crew when we first got on the 4 planes (Heathrow to Hong Kong-Hong Kong to Brisbane and returning again) and other than for meals.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by Shannon Lee    (USA)

Round trip, First class, New York (JFK) to Hong Kong (HKG) via Vancouver (YVR). In general, service is as not as polished as before. Beverage options are still good. Catering is deteriorating. Compared to the same flights I took a couple of months a go, Cathay cuts back significantly including: 1) Studio CX magazine, a entertainment supplement for First and Business passengers. 2) They also downgrade First class amenity kit from Zegna to Aesop. The design of amenity kit is boring and the color scheme is unimpressed. 3) Cathay also cut down amuse-bouche between JFK and YVR. 4) No welcome drink departing from JFK. On the flight to HK, the purser warned me that HK headquarter changed the new menu this month. They used to cater lobster and prime ribs steaks as entrée but they were replaced by fish and chicken. I tried both chicken and fish and sadly to report both are not great. CX switches crew in Vancouver. In general, HK-based crew were more polished and tip-top, though can be more formal. Vancouver-based are more casual, laid-back and chatty which I actually prefer. Sometimes they are too casual and forget some details including refilling Champagne, leading First class passengers to their seats and placing welcome card etc..… CX also fails to deplane first class passengers first and let them wait after business class passengers. Having said that, the seat is spacious and comfortable.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by Malcolm Hartill    (UK)

Travelled on CX358 from Manchester to Singapore via Hong Kong that should have left on the 29th. The airport experienced some delays due to snow and was closed for a while. I have no problems with the delay as you can't help what the weather brings however, we were boarded onto the plane where we sat for 6 hours going nowhere. Cathay have their own infrastructure in Manchester airport supplied by Airline Services, who simply couldn't cope with the amount of planes that needed to be de-iced. Cathay did little to keep us informed and when the flight was subsequently cancelled we got off and put up in a Hotel in Manchester for the night. The following day we did eventually leave but the knock on effect of the delay was now felt by the flight when we arrived in Hong Kong, there were no connecting flights and the ground staff were overwhelmed with trying to get us all sorted out so spent another day in HK airport. Yes the planes are comfortable, the food was quite good as were the facilities, but their being able to work under pressure was very disappointing and frustrating also they do not accept the fact they could have done better.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by A D Storey    (USA)

AKL-HKG and BOM-HKG-LAX. A340 from Auckland to Hong Kong has old coffin class seats. Still comfortable enough. A330 from Mumbai and B777 to LAX. Seats are very comfortable and easy to get some sleep. Crew were excellent on all sectors. The IFE selection was not as good as American B773. Overall great product and very consistent.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by Landingin Mark    (Philippines)

MNL-HGK-BAH. Experienced Business Class this time. 5 stars from A-Z. Cabin Crew service was spot on as usual. Excellent line up for their inflight entertainment. Seat is superb. Food was great. Overall, I am a very satisfied passenger.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by R Cox    (Australia)

Sydney to Paris via Hong Kong, premium economy return. I found the seats to be quite comfortable (I'm short and fat) and had little trouble in sleeping. Inflight entertainment was adequate with a wide choice of so-so titles. Service was really quite bad with two "forgotten" drink requests and one missing meal over four sectors. Staff were polite but incompetent and always flustered. Food was simply bad. There were times when I though the PE fare not worth the money but walking into economy and then into business put that that right. Premium economy is just what you'd expect: it's not business and not economy, it's a half-way house. In summary, the good: seating, ground staff, priority check in and boarding, the bad: inflight service, food, transfer gate distances. Overall OK, not uncomfortable.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 2015 by W Rayson    (Malaysia)

Malaysia - HK Return. Check-in process was smooth and boarding on time. MY - HK, new airbus, new TV screens, new seats and the entire plane looked fresh which I think it's a good thing. Staff were friendly and efficient. Food and beverages were good. Inflight entertainment is good. HK - MY, sharing planes, it was an old Boeing and the flight was so full. My friends and I all seated differently. Landing was rough.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by D Thakkar    (USA)

CX 879, SFO-HKG on 1/19/2014 in Business. This was a very poor business class service to HKG. The SFO lounge is a disgrace, no First section, a $12 bottle of champagne served and even that was not chilled and hence not available as they had received the shipment only in the morning. Seat 22A is in the 2nd small section of the business class cabin (3 class - no First on this service) and it is not at all private or inviting (and the crew made no attempts to make anyone feel welcome), main boarding is from this cabin so very rushed and feels like an extension of premium economy rather than a premium cabin (on a 5 star airline). No introduction or goodbye from the cabin service director (even on AA they do that), no welcome drink offered, no news papers or magazines (sorry, none loaded sir). Constant loud noise from the galley and the 2 main closets being opened and closed in this business section. Meal service very mediocre. Wines on the Chilean Promotion not loaded, no other alternative. 2 Wines to choose from and the champagne was served across the entire cabin from one bottle (had to wait for it to be transferred back and forth and it was not chilled). Lights dimmed after 3 hrs only to be jarringly switched on full throttle 6 hrs into the flight while one is sleeping, for dinner service. We had 8 more hrs to go, why does pre-arrival dinner need to be served when all we are trying to do is sleep? Average food and not appetizing in presentation. Crew did dim the lights as I wanted to sleep but in general were not bothered, one of the lav doors was always wide open and let out bright lights in the cabin and I stood up to close the door 4 times, and the crew did nothing. No coffee, water etc offered prior to arrival, as galley was closed (1.5 hrs out of HK?). Even the new business class seat layout seems cramped, even AA have better spacing (on the exact same seats on their 777-ER) and that is saying something. I'm sorry, Cathay you missed the mark completely - both hard and soft product on this service. Yes, they have good HK lounges but on board, this product miserably failed to deliver. Maybe my expectations are that of Qatar business and this CX business is way, way sub par.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 February 2015 2015 by Yong Mak    (Hong Kong)

Flight CX561, KIX (Osaka)-HKG. Another excellent flight by Cathay Pacific. On time departure and arrival. Very smooth flight. Very good staff services, seat arrangement and inflight entertainment. Food was good as well.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 2015 by M Reno    (USA)

Consistency on the "soft product" seems to be the biggest problem with CX. I flew CX Business Class on 12/26, then CX First Class on the return flight on 12/31. On the outbound flight, the crew was pretty good. No matter how hard I try, I just can't get used to the "ignore you unless you push the call button" service approach. Having said that, I thought the attendants in biz made a few passes through the cabin to see if passengers needed anything. On the return flight, in first, there was one attendant that was great! The other was somewhere between "meh" and annoying. She was determined to get my meal order right away, despite the fact I told her a few times that I wasn't quite ready to eat. It wasn't just an unobtrusive "ready to order yet?" It was "I need to get this meal prepared!" (presumably so she could then relax). I think she came back 4 or 5 times and pushed for the order! Finally I just gave in! Anyway, overall CX is pretty good. My problem is that with their reputation comes high expectations, and it's almost impossible for them not to disappoint in some way. Really, the food and drinks are a cut above almost any other airline and the hard product - the seat - is outstanding.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 2015 by J Cooper    (UK)

Our second experience flying with Cathay Pacific. Flew Manchester to Narita via Hong Kong and return in Business (January 2015). The service, food and seat were all excellent on outbound and inbound legs on the 777-300, apart from the Hong Kong to Narita leg which was a regional configuration. I found the shell seat to be a little uncomfortable as I am 5ft 3in and could not get the leg rest to a comfortable angle, with my legs and feet left dangling. Cathay uses a third party lounge at Manchester Terminal 2 which was small but adequate for a light breakfast. A member of Cathay ground staff escorted us all from the lounge to the boarding gate and we were boarded before the other passengers. A short transfer at HKG, but the Wing lounge was very crowded. The First Class lounge was being upgraded so First passengers were allocated half of the Wing business section. It was almost impossible to find a seat. The return leg, we found the Cathay lounge at Narita quite disappointing so used the JAL lounge instead which had a better selection of food and more comfortable seating. Boarding was a shambles, however, as we were called to the gate early. The flight was not yet open for boarding and the gate area was not big enough to accommodate everyone. Although there was a separate First/Business boarding lane, this was so clogged with Economy passengers the staff gave up and just let everyone through regardless. However, once on board the service was excellent and luckily the 777-300 had the long haul flat-bed seats. Transit through HKG was swift and we decided to use the Bridge lounge, which was not very crowded and had a very good selection of food and drinks. We had time for a shower and relax before the HKG-MAN flight at 01.00 am. Unfortunately, when we got to the gate for boarding, the plane had not been towed onto stand so we had to stand around for about 45 minutes before boarding started. Here though, once started, the boarding was much more organised and the First/Business passengers were boarded first, with less of a scrum to get on board. The flight was very bumpy, which meant we did not get as much sleep as we had hoped but we arrived on time, even though we had departed late. Manchester airport immigration was empty at 6.20 am so we got through and collected our luggage in about 15 minutes. Apart from the chaotic boarding at Narita and the poor lounge, we would certainly choose to fly CX again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 2015 by R Mossadegh    (USA)

Flew JFK to Hong Kong round trip on B777. Avoid economy class. Seats are very uncomfortable. There is simply not enough leg room in economy and this is made first by reclining seat crushing one's knees. I had to stand up in the back gallery for almost 8 hours out of the almost 16 hours to bear the flight. Drinks mainly consisted of warm water. Lucked out on the way back and had a whole row of sits to stretch out on.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 February 2015 2015 by Sheila A Cowen    (UK)

5th Jan, CX256, 15 Jan, CX110 and CX161. What a disappointment all the flights were. Heathrow/Sydney/Hong Kong/Heathrow. The most uncomfortable flight I have been on, facilities virtually non-existent, I am diabetic and when I asked for a biscuit was told I should have taken my own food, the staff continually imposed their routines upon passengers, lights out, windows shut. The toilets smelt very bad at the end of the flight. The food was very poor and when one of my friends asked for a bread roll they claimed that they did not have any and what they did have were for the breakfast. One of our party cannot walk and is wheelchair bound, at one point she had to wait 20 minutes for someone to respond to her request to be wheeled to the toilet. Two of us followed to assist and then had to stand in front of the toilet door for her privacy, there was a complete lack of space - I would add that she is tall and very slim, so size was not an issue. Very disappointing and far from being the best airline.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 2015 by S Howard    (UK)

I flew from LHR to HKG and HKG to Cebu on 20/12/2014. I have made CX my preferred airlines as they always make a fuss of me. Check in was fast and efficient, lounge at London was comfortable and quite. I was very well looked after on both segments of my flights. Food excellent and service very good. January from Cebu to HKG and HKG to LHR, I had a dreadful cough and not at all well and was not able to sleep well, however, the flight attendant really looked after me making sure I had hot drinks.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Sola Ericzon    (Spain)

MNL-HKG. Economy. CX918. Seat-39K. January 30. I really enjoyed flying with them. The service of the staff was attentive and friendly! The aircraft was clean, the food was OK. I highly recommended flying with them and for my trip to Asia I will only use Cathay Pacific.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  30 January 2015 by D Samonte    (Australia)

MEL-MNL-MEL via HKG A330-300 aircraft very good service on both leg all on time, flight attendants attentive, food was ok, the inflight entertainment is superb, would definitely recommend them and fly them again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Jim Ash    (USA)

I flew from HKG-LAX on 01/27/2015. I had flown CX, before, and was looking forward to the experience. The First Class Lounge was, as usual, excellent. I had a light breakfast in the dining room, so as not to spoil my appetite for the meals on board. The 777-300ER was updated with the new First Suite fabric and seat/lighting controls. The Flight Service manager, was wonderful, as were the other two Flight Attendants in the cabin. As it was my birthday the crew surprised me, prior to landing, with a birthday card. The food was as expected - stellar, and love the caviar course. Studio CX consistently delivers with plenty of entertainment, and the bed is a favorite part of the experience, with actual turndown service and so comfortable. The wardrobe/closet is a welcome touch to store shoes, hang clothing and more. I have seen others post a comment that I truly agree with - I didn't want this flight to end as it is such a positive, comfortable experience.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 January 2015 by W O'Brien    (Australia)

Travelled from Hong Kong to Sydney, business class on 29 November 2014. Nothing negative to say at all. Beds particularly great, food and entertainment very good. The staff were excellent. Having just flown Swiss Air from Zurich any airline would be better but I would now always try to fly Cathay Pacific Airlines.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by P Corney    (Australia)

CX111, 19/1/2015. Wonderful service, superb food and an extremely comfortable seat. I am 202cm and I still had room to move with the seat in the lie flat position. Slept for 5 hours on a trip from Hong Kong to Sydney. Arrived refreshed and relaxed.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Toby Dorfman    (Spain)

HKG-LHR. 1st Class. Dined in the Wing 1st class lounge at Hong Kong airport and had a couple of cocktails. New lounge was lovely. Krug champagne and caviar after take off! The menu was superb and I enjoyed my lobster. The seating was great, as was the TV monitor. Slept for 6 hours and enjoyed a good English breakfast. All in all I was delighted. (Used points and although I used most of them it was worth it).

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 January 2015 by M Luker    (UK)

Flew back today from Vietnam. The internal flight had great seats, really comfortable with good leg room. But the flight from Hong Kong back to Heathrow was awful, seats very uncomfortable. Toilet facilities not good, needed to be serviced properly, the occasional spray from staff didn't help. TV had out of date programs and rubbish movies. Would I travel long haul again with Cathay Pacific - no.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Max Bartin    (UK)

Flew AKL-HKG-LHR. We received priority boarding as a premium economy passenger which gave us time to settle in to our seat. The seat pitch is 38 inches which is the same as BA and Virgin with plenty of room. There were headrests and footrests which made the trip comfortable as well as an amenity kit. The food was amazing probably because it came straight out of business class. Overall the trip was better value for money than Air New Zealand Spaceseat although the entertainment wasn't up to date. I would recommend them.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by R Turnley    (Dominican Republic)

My return trip from JFK to Bangkok via Hong Kong was one of the best flying experiences I have had. The new flat bed seats are comfortable to sit in and to lie down in and easy to function, the choice of wines is limited but top drawer and the flight crew on all four sectors were neither slack or over the top. On these long flights, it is always important to arrive at both ends in a relaxed frame of mind and I really think that Cathay have got their business class in great order and I will be using them whenever I can.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Mohsenchian Alireza    (Finland)

London Heathrow UK - Hong Kong. CX256. Through London (Helsinki to Hong Kong) with my wife and two baby girls last month. Very good experience. Every thing fantastic.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Kyle Hipperson    (UK)

9 Dec returning on 12 Jan. Flights CX358 and CX901 outbound and CX934 and CX357 on return journey. Myself and a friend decided to fly with Cathay given then good reviews we have read but unfortunately we were not impressed by the level of service we received. We flew return from Manchester to Hong Kong, which is about 12-13 hours duration. Our outward journey was the better of the two legs, no delay and the service was okay. I asked for a chicken dinner which was then forgotten and then I was given the only available option, which I couldn't eat. On the journey back me and my friend were separated by 9 rows and both given a middle seat. After being sent to three different Cathay staff they were unable to change our seats. To top it all off the flight home was delayed. The quality of service doesn't warrant the premium you pay for travelling with Cathay, other airlines are a better bet in my opinion.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Andrew Bratt    (Thailand)

Traveled business class between Bangkok and Colombo twice in last month principally because it is the cheaper than Thai or MAS. Terrible departure times, 23.05 from Bangkok and even worse 02.25 from Colombo. Cathay now flies A330 instead of Boeing 777 which I think was better. Seat in capsule format very uncomfortable with recline minimal. In fully reclined position can't fully extend your legs. Three hour flight was just about tolerable. I wouldn't go for anything longer. Service on board is in a hurry to get things over as quickly as possible. Wine bought to you seat in a glass rather than bottle. Not impressed: Meals pretty mediocre. Cathay used to be amongst the best but all these airlines are being eclipsed by the Middle East carriers.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by B Williams    (Australia)

Travelled SYD-HKG-CDG-HKG-SYD. SYD-HKG operated by A333, all other flights operated by 77W. Seat comfort was very good even for such a long flight, with adequate back support and leg room.I found it relatively easy to sleep on Cathay. Food was of a very high quality for an airline - especially the Asian food options. The IFE system, Studio CX, kept me entertained for the entirety of my flights. The highlight was when I was flying from HKG-SYD and was stuck in a row of crying toddlers. The flight attendant came and asked whether I would like to move seat without me even asking. I was moved to a free exit row seat. It's the kind of service that you would not get out of the vast majority of competitors.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Cooper Stephen    (Australia)

Return economy trip SYD-HKG-Frankfurt and back. Departure 8th Dec on CX100 then CX289 with short transfer layover at HKG. Return trip on 12th Jan with 14 hr layover HKG. All legs almost 100% capacity. Very satisfied with the service provided by this carrier overall. I would rate satisfaction level of Cathay at the top of recent travel experience - slightly above V Australia (who are also very good). Aircraft mix of Airbus and Boeing in very good to excellent condition. Inflight entertainment almost as good as Emirates (no complaints), flight crew including pilots excellent, level of attention throughout flight very good. Amenities cleanliness well maintained. Meals were about on par with most carriers - satisfactory but not outstanding. Preferred the configuration of the Boeing 777 - 3x3x3 to the A330 2x4x2. Ground experience at all airports excellent and efficient. Seating - special mention - the seats offer quite reasonable legroom and recline in economy. However, found the seat base to be too thin resulting in discomfort after a few hours. Would be appreciated if this could be improved - otherwise satisfactory. Found seating comfort similar to V Aust who also operate 777 configuration and probably best long haul economy seat experienced. Inflight issue with entertainment unit rectified by cabin crew. Additional security measures at HKG resulted in minor delay to scheduled departure - additional safety measures/precautions - no complaints or issue. Suggest Cathay consider - the provision of basic passenger pack - toothbrush/paste/earplugs/eye shades - increase to luggage allowance. Excellent value for money with this trip in comparison to other similar carriers - delivered with a higher level of customer satisfaction. Would use and recommend again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Nick Roberts    (UK)

Have been flying this airline almost on an annual basis in economy from LHR via HKG to MNL over the last seven years and have seen it deteriorate. The new economy seats might be an improvement over the old clam shell seats, but leg space is minimal and being 6'2" I have major problems without the passenger in front even reclining. I find it quite odd that the regionally configured older 777s and 747s offer substantially more legspace than the newer aircraft used on the London route. The cabins are kept at a freezing temperature as standard and there is no respite for my feet as they no longer provide socks. Meals are pretty poor and they don't serve water from a bottle, but use tap water that tastes bleachy. CX really appears to have given up on the HKG to MNL route and offer a service akin to a budget airline. Very chaotic boarding, dismal catering and no full drinks service are offered on this route.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Edgar Clark    (UK)

Flew from Melbourne to London Heathrow on 7 Jan 15. Cathay experience was very good indeed. On the leg Melbourne to Hong Kong was in Premium Economy and this was well worth the extra cost. The leg room was very good as was the food and the cabin staff. From Hong Kong to London Heathrow was upgraded to Business Class and all I can say is wow. The level of comfort and food was excellent, the cabin crew could not do more for you. I know who I will be booking again when I need to make the journey - well done and thank you Cathay Pacific.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Sola Ericzon    (Spain)

HGK-MNL Business class 23D, Cathay Pacific - everything was perfect. The staff were really friendly, polite and professional. Everything were really clean, the food was nice, excellent entertainment services. I highly recommended flying with Cathay.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Paul Budd    (Germany)

LHR-HKG-BNE in Business Class. Cathay Pacific never fail to impress in many aspects of their Business Class product - from check-in to luggage collection it is an excellent product. Heathrow lounge continues to underwhelm and not up to quality of their HKG equivalents however the food and beverage selection were good. LHR-HKG on a spacious 773 and managed to secure the best seat in Business House (11A) which is situated in the first row of the mini-cabin behind First - meaning that I was wined, dined and cleared in good time. Lunch starter, desert and wines were superb but 'Signature' main course was disappointing, service approached 9/10. I prefer the smaller and quieter Cabin lounge at Hong Kong and grabbed a shower and some tasty dim sum prior to the next leg. HKG-BNE flight was simply excellent on the A333. Despite the seat feeling a tad less spacious than on the 773 I managed 5 solid hours of sleep and was treated like royalty by the crew. I was referred to by name at every touch-point and the team provided an excellent dining experience that balanced efficiency, anticipation and warmth in equal measure. My only minor gripe was that the main course was served cold however it was swiftly dealt with by the Purser who apologised profusely for the oversight. Cathay Pacific really do value your custom and it is little coincidence that they remain as 'one of the very best in the Business'.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Mark Landingin    (Philippines)

BAH-HKG-MNL. Once again, I am very happy and satisfied with every aspect. Friendly cabin crew, wide selection of inflight entertainment, delicious food and good comfort of the economy class seats. Great job and great service as always! The packaging of their breakfast menu for our HKG-MNL flight was very interesting.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Dick Van IJperen    (Holland)

I flew with Cathay Pacific economy class from Amsterdam to Hong Kong and vice versa. It was (at a supplement) possible to reserve a seat next to the emergency exit. This gave me an enormous amount of space for my legs - very comfortable. However, it was freezing! Blankets and pillows were of no use at all at this temperature. Other than that - nice aircraft, lovely and very diligent flight attendants, good attention to cleaning toilets. I liked flying with Cathay Pacific (and Dragonair to/from Cambodia) very much, and certainly would do it again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by G Galvez    (Philippines)

HKG-MNL, Firstly, CX's entertainment was so-so, so are the staff, but the food was an understatement. You are just served with drinks and a sandwich, which is so stingy of CX, unlike PAL, which still offers meals onboard. I didn't like the seat, because when you recline it, it invades your legroom since it was a "Glide Seat". Although it was an ok flight, I still prefer their competitors, Cebu and PAL. Its a shame that CX offers this product.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by C Chan    (Singapore)

Travelling from Singapore to New York. Both legs (SIN to HKG, HKG to JFK) of the flight were perfect. Meals were better than many other airlines, and they served good dim sum! Staff were attentive and friendly. I read some reviews complaining that once meals are served and lights are off, Cathy crew tend to chat at the rest area. I certainly didn't witness this. My only complain is the lounge at Changi and HKIA. The lounges were far too crowded, I couldn't get a seat at The Wing, I wished for a shower but I was told that it comes with a 30 minutes wait. I ended up at the public food court for some decent Hong Kong food. Though, I managed to rest at G16 during the 3 hours transit. And take note, priority boarding almost doesn't exist for Cathay in HKIA. There was an announcement, but not exercised by the ground crew. So if you are those who like to board early, join the queue early! I've got to say Singapore Airlines manage this much better than Cathay.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by V Saunderson    (Australia)

LHR-HKG-SYD in December 2014. Flight was delayed and departed LHR nearly an hour late. No problem - relaxed in the business class lounge until flight was called. Boarding process went smoothly. Food during flights was excellent, service as always superb. No time to check out lounges in Hong Kong as onward flight was boarding by the time I reached the gate. The only thing I think that lets the airline down is the in-flight entertainment, which is a bit limited, but it's a very minor issue. Cathay Pacific business class is not cheap, but well worth it.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by A Moreitz    (Australia)

I have had the opportunity to compare several carriers from SYD to FRA and DUS in Economy over the past few years and have just returned with CX from Europe for the first time. The words that come to mind are 'budget' and 'inconsistent service standards'. HKG to FRA return was a vastly different experience from SYD to HKG. On the way to Europe I reserved low fat meals and to say the food amounts were tiny (I am not big nor am I a huge fan of stuffing myself on planes) and certain elements of the meal service were non-existent compared to the regular fare would be an understatement. It was so mediocre that I decided to get the normal food offerings on the way back. One of the meal offerings from HKG to SYD, which was a Beef Consume and can only be described as pieces of beef thrown into a clear flavourless broth with white rice was inedible. I am not the fussy, however some things I noticed is that there were no hot towels, only in premium economy, CX are one of the few airlines who only allow 20kgs of checked baggage whereas all competitors TG/SQ/EK/BA allow more, and the in season fruit salad consisted of about a handful of tiny pieces of Apple/Rock and Water Melon and soft drinks are poured out of bottles instead of receiving small cans. Apart from the fact that staff on the planes virtually never smile whilst serving passengers, at least that was consistent. Furthermore, 2 main meals were served within 3 hours of one another on a 9.5 hour flight back to Sydney. Why? When questioned I was told it was company policy. This resulted in not having any food for the last 5 hours to Sydney. Unlike SQ I also didn't notice on board staff helping or caring much about mothers with their young babies either. Now the good bits: Staff are very quick, efficient and were always around throughout the flights with drinks and baskets of good snacks throughout FRA-HKG return, not so much during SYD-HKG. Ice cream for dessert on two sectors was most welcome. The seats are very comfortable, pitch is better than on paper, leg room is very good, each seat has a USB charger and the entertainment system is one of the easiest, most enjoyable I have used, although the movie /tv selection was not as vast as on some other carriers. Ground staff at all airports were also most helpful, friendly and efficient. Had to unexpectedly break my trip in HKG and ground staff went out of their way to help me.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by C Down    (UK)

A330, Business, MEL-HKG. Once onboard I found Cathay Pacific business class absolutely faultless. The seat was comfortable and well designed, the crew were attentive, friendly and professional, the catering was delicious and the entertainment was of good quality and fairly good choice. I can completely see why this product receives such rave reviews from most passengers. My only real complaint is the ridiculously limited baggage allowance. 30kg total is barely acceptable on economy class but for business is it a disgrace. When you compare it to 32kg x3 for other carriers it is not very competitive. Overall though, this is an excellent product and well worth the premium.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by A Lambrechts    (USA)

ORD-HKG return, 18 Dec 2014, CX808. Fantastic airline. Great customer service both on the plane and off the plane. Left my wallet on the jet, within 10 minutes of notifying ground personnel, it was returned to me. Delicious meals with great quality plastic ware. Inflight entertainment had plenty of selection and the seats were comfy and spacious for a 15 hour trip. I only wish they had more alcohol selection.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Yong Mak    (Hong Kong)

CX 701 & 702 (HKG-BKK-HKG). The flights were smooth, the services were quite standard; nothing particular worth mentioning. However, the food choices and the quality of food were subpar, perhaps due to cost-cutting. Inflight entertainment was malfunctioned on return flight. Cathay's economy class looks increasing like a budget airline. Anyway, overall, it was acceptable for a short flight but nothing was particularly impressive.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by George de la Torre    (USA)

I've flown with Cathay Pacific PE (JFK to HK) many times during the 2012 and 2013 years - my experiences all horrible, in short, PE class is like an unwanted step child, the flight attendants are simply annoyed, because they are occupied in the main cabin. I've always had to dispose of my food tray because of abandonment and the extra seat pitch is just offsetted when the seat in front reclines - impossible to use laptop. Want to give thanks to the "real" PE reviews here, I'm saved from the 16 hours of agony and cost.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Jeremy Gordon    (Australia)

I flew economy from Brisbane to London via Hong Kong. The first leg, Brisbane to Hong Kong, was very busy and I took the view that the cabin crew were very pressed. Hence they made mistakes. For example I asked for red wine and got white wine, despite the stewardess repeating my order to me. Water was served from plastic jugs and tasted of cleaning fluid. Clearly they had not been rinsed properly. And unlike most other airlines on such long haul routes, there was no overnight pack (containing eg. toothpaste and toothbrush etc). I believe cost cutting has gone too far with Cathay.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Tegtmeier    (Germany)

FRA-HKG-PVG return in October. Although Cathay's fares are rather expensive I choose this airline because of the stopover opportunity at Hong Kong and the perfect departure times. Most flights to Europe leave at midnight, so you can spend the whole day in HKG. Long haul flights very good with great staff. Although FAs are a bit reserved in general, they are very attentive, polite and caring about passengers. Several drinks were offered during the night and you can get free snacks in the galley. Toilets were kept clean. Quality of the meals very good, but poor quantity. Why doesn't CX offer salt and pepper anymore? Looks like a rather silly cost cutting. A very positive aspect is that seating is not too cramped, there are "only" 9 seats in a row in Economy Class instead of 10. Cathay's IFE is good with a wide selection of movies, but most of them only in English, a little down. Transfer at HKG is very easy, but takes some time at security check (about 20 minutes). On flights to Shanghai hot meals and AVOD entertainment were offered, which is outstanding for a flight time of 2 hours! Overall Cathay Pacific offers a good product, but I would not rank it as a 5-star-airline in Economy Class.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Mohammad Al-Adsani    (Kuwait)

Flew Business class Doha - Hong Kong Round-trip. Both flights departed on time, cabin crew were attentive and friendly. My Muslim meal request was honoured. However I opted for a window seat to look outside the cabin. Unfortunately it seems that CX has a policy of keeping window shades closed throughout the whole flight, hence eliminating the purpose of window seat and the enjoyment of flying. I do not recommend flying with this airline if you enjoy window seat. I am a business class passenger and I expected to be treated with respect. Unfortunately this was not the case for me, hence encouraging me to fly Emirates and Qatar Airways.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by M Lindsley    (UK)

Flew HKG-EWR. The business class was booked solid. The service was cursory at best. The dinner and breakfast (if you wanted to call it that) was an embarrassment to CX. The entire flight was terrible. If this is the best business class in the world, I wonder what is the worst. You have my vote for being the worst.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by M Ewell    (USA)

I flew from NYC to HKG. The Premium Economy section was practically empty, yet staff were not attentive. Finished drinks were left for hours before being picked up. The most important failure was the seat. The seat is not comfortable. They are made for short people. The seat gave painful pressure mid thigh. On my return flight today, I heard another female passenger complain about the same thing. Air New Zealand has a much better product for this class.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Carlos Blanco    (UK)

Business Class, LHR-HKG, B777. HKG-AKL, A340. I believe the people are the one who define an airline. You can have the most luxurious seats in town but it means nothing if there is no real service on board. This is why I regard Cathay Pacific as the best airline in the business (we flew with SQ, EK as well). We flew in both newish business class in B777 and the old 'coffin' style A340 business class cabin. I can understand why people complain about the old one but I didn't have a problem with that. It's still comfortable. The service from the people on board was superb. We had a problem during the flight to Auckland. My phone fell into the space behind the seat. The FA chief asked me to move to the empty seat next to my seat as it would probably not safe due to risk of spark from the friction between the phone and the seat. She asked my partner's number so she would update us once the engineer retrieved the phone. At the end, they managed to retrieve the phone and the lady sent us a text about it and also wished us a great holiday in NZ. I'd never thought that we would get such a great service from an airline. We currently live in Europe, so we flew frequently with European airlines. I have to admit that we really have low expectation on airline service. We paid premium for the ticket but it was great value for the money. The service was amazing throughout the journey. I must say the food on board and in the lounges were fantastic. So would I recommend this airline? absolutely. It's not the cheapest but you will get what you paid for.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by S Howard    (UK)

Recently had to make an emergency booking and the prices were very high, no business class seats were available so flew on Premium Economy. Check in was very fast and efficient at Heathrow and being a Marco Polo member was able to access the lounges, London and HK. Boarded very quickly and settle into my seat with no seats in front of me (I actually found it uncomfortable compare to having a seat in front). Champagne served before take off, food was surprisingly good and as usual Cathay pacific stewardess were excellent. At HK I flew business class to Cebu. Check in at Cebu fast and efficient and onto HK in premium class, never did like the lounge in Cebu, lack of decent food. Quite surprise no champagne was offered perhaps it because it is regional flight. Food wasn't that appetising so didn't bother. Premium class from HK to London, champagne and soon settle into my seat this time half way with seat in front and this time I had a superb air steward he really did look after me, I wasn't feeling too good – many thanks for that. OK Good point about premium class, it is worth it if you can book in advance as the prices are much more reasonable, excellent cabin crews, quieter cabin and great food on long haul flights. The bad point about premium class, I don't think you get welcome champagne on regional flights and the food isn't good except on long haul flights, divider curtains remain open for an hour before takeoff and landing and I didn't like the fact that economy class passengers were using our rest rooms facility. Plastic cups for soft drinks or wine is a big no for me, it should have been in a glass.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Robert Szocik    (UK)

Booked through QR for a MAN-DOH-HKG return, with DOH-HKG operated by CX. A330s on both flights. My first-time with CX, as I usually use QR for the whole route. After having read some poor reviews on here, I wasn't looking forward to these sectors, especially as QR are my favourite airline. But what a surprise! Both sectors were fairly busy, yet the cabin crew were faultless: friendly, talkative, helpful and completely professional - some of the best crews I've come across anywhere. Both flights arrived early. Both planes spotlessly clean. Bags on the belt at HKG soon after clearing immigration. Stress-free in-town check-in, as always, at Hong Kong Station. My only criticisms are: the seats are better suited to short-haul, not the 9-10 hours needed for the DOH-HKG sector, the food isn't Asian enough, and they make everyone close the shades for most of the flight - but the latter is just a personal issue, and I know some may prefer it this way. Overall, the two flights with CX were better than the two flights with QR, and I am now considering flying direct from MAN with CX for my next trip to Hong Kong.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Ken Howie    (South Africa)

Very efficient and welcoming boarding. The new business class seats are excellent. Plenty of space, with storage for all the personal items, and very comfortable in the sitting and sleeping positions. This was a long flight and both my wife and I slept most of the night. Food was good with excellent wines, and service was immediate without being obtrusive. We had a 2 hour transfer in Hong Kong, with no hassles. The second shorter fight on an A330 with the same seating was also very good. Overall a very pleasant journey with no complaints.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Vicki Saunderson    (Australia)

I flew SYD-HKG-LHR in business class. I chose this airline because of the reviews and the full flat bed seats, and I wasn't disappointed. I was concerned that the seat wouldn't be very comfortable when it converted into a bed, but I slept surprisingly well. The flight crew in my cabin were attentive, courteous and professional. I was always addressed by name and nothing was too much trouble for them. I arrived into London feeling rested and refreshed. The only criticisms (and they are minor) were the meals on the SYD-HKG leg, which were only average (the food on the HKG-LHR leg was superb), and the in-flight entertainment which was a bit limited. I had plenty of other things to occupy me though so this wasn't much of a problem. I can't recommend this airline highly enough.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Campbell Roy    (UK)

LHR to Hong Kong and then onto Australia. The flight from LHR to Hong Kong was one of the worst I have experienced. During the flight it was very cold and several people were sitting with top coats on. I asked a flight attendant if the heating was working and the reply was "it will warm up once we get going". After 6 hours it was still freezing. It took ages for the food to be served and there seemed to be a lack of staff. If like me your over 6ft, the seating is very tight. On our return from Australia there was no change. Sitting at the back, it was a case of, take it or go hungry as the food on the menu had run out. It was still cold and the paper thin blankets given out were a waste of time. I was told this was a good company to fly with, I can confirm its one of the worst!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by M Heather    (UK)

LHR-HKG-SYD and return. Business Class, at a good fare thanks to a recent sale. Used Cathay Pacific earlier in the year to get to Bali, and having been somewhat underwhelmed, I managed my expectations accordingly for this very long journey. All I can say is my expectations didn't need to be managed! Of the four flights, one was 'outstanding' (SYD-HKG), two were 'very good' (LHR-HKG and HKG-LHR) and one was 'no worse than BA' (my benchmark for lacklustre Business Class service) (HKG-SYD). New, clean planes on all sectors. On-demand entertainment with a wide choice. Flat beds. Very good to excellent food, with the exception of the breakfast on the HKG-SYD leg which was very poor indeed. Lovely wines. And on time or very close to it. But it's the cabin crew who really make (or break) the flight, and Cathay Pacific crew are, in my view, generally the best out there. Attentive but not pushy. Service with a smile. And apparently happy - at least in front of the paying customers. If you go where I need to go you're my airline of choice now.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Tejatanalert Sukasem    (Thailand)

Flew from Bangkok to Hong Kong on CX2700. The departure and arrival were on time. We were upgraded to premium economy since I was not able to do the advance check in and had to call CX office in Bangkok. Overall flight and meal are OK.

Flew from Hong Kong back to Bangkok. The plane was pushed off on time but we sat on the tarmac for almost half a hour without any explanation from the cockpit. Once in the air, everything was acceptable.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by G Arnold    (UK)

I flew from LHR-HKG on CX256. The flight was full and the staff were kept busy. The cabin service was adequate but not anything special, would fly with them again but not if I could get a cheaper fare elsewhere.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Denise Higginson    (Australia)

My partner and I flew premium economy in October 2014 from London to Perth. The leg from London to Hong Kong was ok with very attentive cabin crew. We were both very disappointed with the seat and limited space in premium economy. We found the food and beverage service very similar to economy class. The leg from Hong Kong to Perth was very disappointing as my inflight entertainment system was unavailable due to the TV screen being jammed. This was made worse as it had not been fixed for several days and the cabin crew were aware of it. I was given $75 American dollars to spend on boards as compensation. On my return to Perth I made a complaint to the airline regarding my experience. The airline did reply apologising for the unavailability of the inflight entertainment system. I was offered another $75 American to spend onboard my next Cathay Pacific flight. I was not happy with the response from Cathay and as a result will not choose to fly with them again. My partner and I were very disappointed with Premium Economy and did not feel it was worth the extra money, really not much better than economy class.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by L Bennies    (Australia)

We flew economy Brisbane to Paris Via London and Hong Kong which although had 2 stops was faster than 1 stop and the departure and arrival time was suited - able to leave at night after work and arrive at night tired. We had great service and were ready to sing Cathay praises. This flight was great, the meals, movies etc. We chose Cathay as it had good prices and times for an open jaw flight bookable directly on their site (I prefer not to use Travel agents). Return was NYC to HK and HK to BNE. The meals were terrible. For a 14 hour trip and we were served 2 terrible meals (the first in many flights that I have ever really thought - yuk) and just couldn't eat including vegetables and pasta SO overcooked. (miss being able to pre-order seafood meals and no healthy options unless you want a fruit plate served at every meal for 60+ hours - really?). We were lucky that we got on with food and coffee from the airport lounge (as they take some time to serve - unlike Singapore) and the passenger next to us told us how grumpy he was due to hunger - after his 2 meals! When we buzzed cabin service on the return trip it was served with a grimace and we were made feel uncomfortable. It is very different from the excellent, professional and immediate service that Singapore Airlines provides in economy.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by G Cassie    (Canada)

CX888, HKG to YVR. The HKG flight to JFK via YVR leaves at 1 am. So if you are on holiday, and even if you leave your baggage at the hotel for the day, it makes for a very long stay at the airport. The lounges are excellent (the Wing is very good, the Bridge is excellent, the Pier very dated-try to find, e.g., a USB port), unlike American business lounges, they have hot food, some to order, champagne and several staff cleaning and tidying the lounges. Our flight was delayed. The excuse was "late towing." I've never heard that excuse. Apparently the plane was there all along, but ground staff had neglected to tow it to the gate. When it finally showed up they promised us a 1.50 a.m. departure. At 2.20 we were still on the tarmac. On the plus side, the cabin crew were excellent, they whipped into action once we were airborne, and for those of us still wanting to eat they provided a great meal in no time. Drink service was a little tight; if you asked you got it, and they were generous with pours, but there was no, e.g., pre-flight drink orders or refills without asking. The newish biz class seats are very comfortable and I really liked the storage areas. Their night masks have velcro. Sounds petty, but a comfortable night mask really helps you sleep on a long haul. Their large AV screens offer a great range of movies and TV shows. The second meal was decent, but no alcohol on offer (even though you arrive at YVR at 8:30 p.m. if on time). I would fly Cathay again in a heartbeat, and think their air crew did a standout job, but there is still room for some polish on service.

NRT to HKG. Even though this is an international flight Cathay uses their "regional" 777 craft with the 2x3x2 config in business. My partner and I had the middle three, the middle seat empty, which is common on, e.g., Lufthansa within Europe. Service was excellent. Food was very good. Flight was on time, pleasant, no issues. The NRT business lounge is nothing to write home about, very basic, needs an update. The regional biz seats do not fully recline. In fact, if you're six feet (or taller) you will find in the recline position they are actually a little uncomfortable. I found it impossible to doze off, even though with the early departure I was tired and ready for a snooze, as you're lying in a sort of zig-zag pattern. Still the cabin seemed brand spanking new, everything was in perfect order, and there was much more leg room than a regional biz class flight in the US or Europe. Cabin crew offered prompter, more attentive service than on our long haul a few days later. For a flight of less than five hours, faultless.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by D Pitcher    (Australia)

Flew Cathay to New York via Hong Kong in business economy. Was nervous at downgrading after reading all the comments. Could not have been more pleasantly surprised. Food excellent, cabin staff most courteous and friendly, seat comfortable, all good from me. Inflight entertainment excellent. Going to fly again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Reno    (USA)

First Class on Cathay commands a premium, but in the end you get little more than a bigger seat. Consistency and orientation seem to be big problems. For example, they seem to offer some F passengers an escort through security, while others (like me) do not get one. They offered a padded mattress (duvet) to some passengers, but not to me. For the most part I was ignored. The Inflight Service Manager introduced herself at the beginning of the flight, then disappeared for the remainder of the flight. The cabin crew delivers the meal, then hides in the galley. They ran out of Heineken beer about 2 hours into a 16 hour flight. Don't get me wrong…the flight is not awful. The seat really is big. They serve 1 can of caviar, Krug champagne, Johnny Walker Blue, and so on, but how much of that do you really consume? But it is a huge premium, and from my limited experience the Business Class is a better value, assuming you can get accustomed to the Cathay service. They are really very friendly, but they basically ignore you.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by L Ebdon    (Australia)

Travelled business from Paris to Brisbane with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong. The flight from Paris to Hong Kong was very poor. Business was full and staff didn't seem very friendly. They ran out of meal options and they couldn't find anything for me to eat for the main meal - very bad. The seat was comfortable and spacious enough, but the service was like being in economy - cattle class with a bigger seat. I rang the buzzer but no ever came. The flight from Hong Kong to Brisbane was marginally better, crew did seem more attentive, but food was average, booked these flights with FF points, would have been absolutely livid if I had paid for the flights.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by M Reno    (USA)

ORD-HKG, Oct 10. First Class on Cathay commands a premium, but in the end you get little more than a bigger seat. Consistency and orientation seem to be big problems. For example, they seem to offer some F passengers an escort through security, while others (like me) do not get one. They offered a padded mattress (duvet) to some passengers, but not to me. For the most part I was ignored. The Inflight Service Manager introduced herself at the beginning of the flight, then disappeared for the remainder of the flight. The cabin crew delivers the meal, then hides in the galley. They ran out of Heineken beer about 2 hours into a 16 hour flight. Don't get me wrong… the flight is not awful. The seat really is big. They serve 1 can of caviar, Krug champagne, Johnny Walker Blue, and so on, but how much of that do you really consume? But it is a HUGE premium, and from my limited experience the Business Class is a better value, assuming you can get accustomed to the Cathay service. They are really very friendly, but they basically ignore you.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by M Mejia    (Philippines)

CX903 MNL-HKG and CX904 HKG-MNL. Main gripe is they don't serve proper hot meals. Not even coffee. Even Philippine Airlines serves hot meals on the way to HKG. Early morning flight outbound. Online check in meant shorter queue and a chance for breakfast in the airport (which is essential since CX starves its passengers on this leg). I think breakfast should at least have been served. Seats on the older 777-200 was wide and comfortable, but IFE non existent. Flight crew attentive and friendly. Mid-afternoon return flight on 777-200 with new configuration. More IFE options, but food service basically non existent. Not even ice for the water was provided! My wife's monitor conked out 30 minutes after StudioCX was turned on and couldn't be addressed by the apologetic staff. I think CX should improve its regional service. Unless your tickets are on discounted economy (as mine was), you'd feel cheated flying CX MNL-HKG-MNL.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by B Virchow    (USA)

Flew EWR-HKG in October,2014. The lounge was shared with BA. No proper catering, instead, chips and semi-lousy sandwiches as well as beer and soft drinks. The flight, itself, was a hurried affair as everyone wanted to sleep. The FAs seemed angry and couldn't wait to deplane. They didn't crack a smile and didn't want to be bothered with questions. The EWR catering was awful. The food service (dinner and breakfast) was, for the most par, inedible.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by A Anagnostellis    (Australia)

Flew Business class from SYD to JFK via HKG on Qantas points - a long trip but easy HKG connection and comfortable seating on both sectors particularly with the new 1-2-1 configuration. Service was pleasant and efficient and good food quality although limited IFE options detracted from overall experience. Very pleased to avoid LAX even if a few hours longer and evening HKG departure made for a restful evening sleep. Great way to get to North America from Australia.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by S Davison    (UK)

LHR-HKG-LHR. Service orientated with smiles in abundance. Food, refreshments and snacks where all good quality. I felt looked after and arrived at both destinations on time. Fantastic airline, others can learn a lot from Cathay Pacific.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by K Miles    (New Zealand)

CX 198, 5th Oct. CX 253, 7th Oct. CX 234, 23 Oct. CX 197, 26th Oct. Traveled from Auckland to London return from Milan to Auckland all flights in October - premium economy. Seating disappointing, foot rest hopeless. Food strictly average as was service on all sectors. Inflight entertainment also strictly average - films not current. Cathay needs to up its act in premium economy if it is to compete.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

HKG-ORD on B777 in Business. Despite a 90 minute delay, a wonderful flight. Peaceful cabin environment, comfortable seat, excellent IFE, good food and crisp, professional, attentive service. Hard to find many faults other than a somewhat sub-standard wine list. Would recommend Cathay for long haul business, which is significantly better than their regional business product reviewed previously.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by G Gallo    (Australia)

My wife and I travelled from Sydney to Hong Kong on 3 October 2014 in Premium Economy. Cathay Pacific had not cleaned its on-board toilets prior to leaving Sydney. Shortly after take off we used two separate toilets on the plane. Both toilets were filthy, both had urine all over the floors and smelt. Our second leg of our trip, from Hong Kong to Paris with Cathay Pacific had a delayed departure of about 1 1/4 hours. Finally we discovered why there had been a delay. Cathay Pacific announced that the entertainment system on the plane was not working, or more correctly that there was no power to the entertainment system. Hence, in Premium Economy we spent 12 hrs on a plane with no entertainment system, no reading light, and an inoperative flight attendant call button due to no power. The responsiveness of the flight attendants remained minimalist, despite the inability of passengers to call attendants. Overall, Cathay Pacific's service and value we received for the money we had paid, was very poor. From what I observed in October 2014, the standard at Cathay Pacific airlines has dramatically fallen.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Maksim Uranus Ivanovo    (Russia)

Travelling from Melbourne to Beijing and transfer in HKG (CX178 and CX390). The seats are fine, and studio CX is good. It has some new movies, TV dramas and music. Especially it has the entire season of TV series. Other airlines only have several episodes. MEL-HKG had supper and breakfast, the food was delicious. Three choices for the main course: fish fillet, beef sirloin with rice and vegetarian penne. Breakfast had two options, they are seafood congee and frittata with bacon. Choices ran out as I was in the rear row, so I can only choose frittata. But the cabin crew keep apologised many times, they were very good.