Cathay Pacific Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the Cathay Pacific Videos

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Robert Ross    (UK)

Amsterdam to Melbourne via Hong Kong. First leg had the 1-2-1 seat configuration which is better for couples. Second leg had the 1-1-1 herringbone configuration. Really comfortable seat. Full flat and very comfortable sleep. Confident assured staff. Good quality business lounges - excellent showers in Hong Kong. Good food but not great. Good entertainment. Best carrier I've been with.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Miranda Leung    (Hong Kong)

I took CX369 today, from Pudong Shanghai airport. I was actually booked an earlier flight of KA891 which was cancelled due to typhoon "Phoenix" at 1830h, I was being notified by CX via text message before 9am so at least I had enough time to rearrange another flight. It was all fixed before 10am - how efficient. When I arrived at the airport, all flights were further delayed - ground staff gave me the option to change to another flight. Eventually the flight was 3.5 hours delayed and on landing in HGK it was only 2.5 hours delayed. Apart from that, all announcements were clear, as a Marco Polo member, I was comfortably enjoying some private time in the CX lounge.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Wilson See    (Singapore)

SIN-HKG (A330-300) and HKG-SIN (B747-400). Very comfortable and reasonable services provided. Less interference by the staff and very prompt service. In-flight entertainment was adequate for the four hours flights. No qualms over the seats as there were adequate leg space for both flights except that it's not rolled back but protruding in front. Cathay Pacific certainly beat Singapore Airlines when it comes to value for money. But if you are talking about overall comfort and satisfaction, I will still prefer SQ over to CX. However, I will definitely fly with CX again if there is any good fares offered by them.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by L Loveridge    (Australia)

Had high expectations. My main gripe is the inflight entertainment. It is controlled by them and you cannot watch anything until about 15 mins after departure and then they took our headphones and turned the screen off when there was still 15 mins to go before landing! No other airline does this that I have flown with. You can watch what you like until 20 mins after landing with British Airways for example and many others. I had 7 mins left of the movie so not impressed. Food portion was small and not particularly nice. Wine is poured by them into a cup so you don't get much. Offered only twice on long flight. Other airlines give you a small bottle each time. Seats uncomfortable No toothpaste or toothbrush offered. Coffee revolting. Won't fly again with CP if I can avoid it.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

Flew YVR-JFK on CX 888 in First and can't say enough about the quality of the product. I'm Qantas Platinum / One World Elite and fly CX whenever I have the opportunity. This flight was another example of what CX offers - unmatched comfort along with all necessary amenities and ultra professional service. The airline is firing on all cylinders and is the benchmark by which others should measure themselves. Cabin peaceful, seats comfortable, food delicious, IFE superb and highly professional crew. Consistently the best product in the industry.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by R Knight    (UK)

LHR-HKG. Premium Economy cabin, isolated from the mayhem of Economy and had its own toilet for PE passengers which was not crashed by Economy people. Service very good, particularly the hostess who put my jacket away in a closet and remembered to return it to me as we stopped at the stand in HKG. Food a bit disappointing - the breakfast tasted poor and was sickly. Good choice of entertainment. Could not sleep in the seat though, just not comfortable enough to relax sufficiently. On return journey cabin was partly empty which looked promising, but the only benefit was faster service and no toilet queue. A man sat in front of me and reclined his seat fully for the whole 13 hours except meals which wrecked my journey. On a daytime East-West flight that is totally unacceptable and should not be permitted. I had to watch movies with the screen 30 cm from my face. It's the luck of the draw however, and overall I would recommend the airline and cabin.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

HKG to LHR, PEY class. Lounge busy but as good as ever. People arrive far too early for flights so it's always full. Flight boarding fast, got front row seat. Food and AVOD great both ways. Impressed in general, buzzed for a coffee on both flights, lovely friendly attitude for coffee both times quickly, designated bathroom in PEY. Highly recommended.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by R Stone    (Australia)

Numerous flights with Cathay Pacific over the recent month or so, almost all long-haul. Most recent was BNE-HKG- LHR-HKG-BNE. All flights packed but on-board service remained good. However, even for an Emerald Frequent Flyer (and I fly Cathay so many times I've lost count) getting a window seat preference was not always possible. Also, while the cabin crew always seemed to do their best, the same cannot be said for their lounge counter staff, especially in the Hong Kong (First Class) Lounge, who only rarely seem ready or willing to assist with enquiries. On-board food good but wine portions poor these days.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by E T L Yang    (Singapore)

First time on long haul CX. Usually SQ or QR (Qatar). Was delayed all 4 legs - SIN to HKG, HKG to SFO, SFO to HKG (14 hours), HKG to SIN. That was disappointing as no mention to reason for delays until we finally go aboard! Ground staff service could be better. Inflight service was reasonably good, but I miss the gourmet coffees on SQ! Food quality good and ICE up to date. J class seat a little narrow but had a real flat bed feel. Overall I will fly with them again westbound out of SIN if prices are competitive.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by C Scott    (Australia)

I've flown with Cathay a few times. Recently did SYD-HKG-LHR and return 9 days later (yesterday). I enjoyed my trip and was pleasantly surprised with the food this time more than any other. Seats are a bit comfier with Emirates but for the price being just slightly above the cheapest available, I would choose Cathay if on a budget. If I had a bit more money I would prefer Emirates. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by John Kennedy    (Australia)

Hong Kong to Sydney, Business Class. I haven't flown them in a few years but did last night and will certainly do so again. Seat, movies, touchscreen TV, service, meals, customer attention is first class. I fly first class regularly but CP leaves even first class for dead.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Les White    (Australia)

Flew HKG-MEL on an A330-300. Went on board with great expectations and was left wanting to be honest. First the good things, dedicated check in and boarding which some of the other airlines that fly PE could learn from. The gluten free meal I was served was tasteless and the entertainment system I found was nowhere near as good as the BA one was. Service was sketchy at best, couldn't recommend them.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by John Fairclough    (France)

FRA to HKG return plus a PVG-HKG sector in between (in Ordinary Econ). All flights on 777-300ER. Each on time arrivals. Find the PE seats a definite notch up from the Econ ones, as you would expect. The front row middle section is nice because of the extra legroom, but I found the leg rest fiddly and not terribly comfortable. Also, as others have noted the S/B side toilet means a lot of people have to clamber past you to use it which gets tiresome. Food and drink tasty and plentiful, surprisingly for a HK based carrier, the western option was better than the Chinese one ! There seems to be a running debate on here as to whether PE is worth the difference over Econ. I'd say it all depends on the extra fare demanded. In my case it was about 30% more, which to my mind is worth paying. I've seen some instances where it's nearly double the Econ fare, which, I'd not feel justified in paying. Overall, CX's is better vfm than the BA or Virgin product, but still well behind that of Air New Zealand.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Peter Chan    (The Netherlands)

Amsterdam to Bali with transit in Hong Kong. Did the same trip with SQ last year with transit in Singapore. I have to say that the SQ experience was much better. CX seats are awful for my back. SQ gave more attention and the service was not rushed. Cut backs are quite obvious with smaller food portions and only water during the night. The seafood congee breakfast had three small prawns and four slithers of mushrooms and that was it. Quite inadequate. The last few years I have flown many times to Hong Kong with Qantas, BA and Qatar. CX do not stand out compared to other airlines. Will avoid CX in the future.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by I Aaron    (USA)

JFK-HKG. Was upgraded to Business Class at check-in without even asking. Almost 16hr flight, seat extremely comfortable and roomy. Best airline food I've eaten, and plenty of it. Entertainment system had 15" screen and more movies and TV shows than I could have watched in 3 flights.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Phoebe Lee    (Hong Kong)

Flight CX162 from Sydney to Hong Kong on August 31. Unfortunately the touch screen in front of me had some problems midway through the trip and turned blank. Asked a cabin attendant for help but nothing could be done except resetting the inflight entertainment system which meant everyone on board would have to stop watching their movies for 10 mins. I was left with nothing to do for the 2nd half of my journey which was a bit of a let down as others were enjoying their movies. We got served 2 meals during the flight but on both occasions I didn't get what I want because of limited supply.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by B Wang    (Canada)

I paid $2500 for a return flight Toronto - Bangkok on 22nd August, 2014. The flights were on time. The food was mediocre. The entertainment was good. My real beef is with my return flight. The leg from Vancouver to Toronto was carried out by Westjet. 1) They (CX) could not issue my Wesjet boarding pass. I had to go to Westjet counter in Vancouver airport to get the boarding pass. 2) Since it was a red eye flight, there was no sandwich provided even though I agreed to pay. This was a 4.5 hrs flight 3) You have to purchase a headphone. Headphones were provided free of charge on all CX flights. CX dropped the ball when they switched their passengers to Westjet. I will never fly Cathay Pacific again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by R Gonzaga    (Malaysia)

CX829 and CX723 YYZ to HKG and onto KUL on 24 Aug. In contrast to the outgoing flight, I must say I was more than satisfied with my return flight. Early morning departure from Toronto, we were the last flight to leave. Full flight, boarding was organized and efficient and the ground staff were pleasant and accommodating. I had an empty seat next to me which helped. The meals were disappointing in terms of size but were tasty. Snacks were provided on the 15 hour flight to HKG but you had to ask. Good quality shortbread cookies and hot cup noodles were provided. Staff were pleasant and the cabin manager was very sweet. As I had a cold, she made me a cup of tea with honey and lemon and checked on me later to ask if I wanted another one! Seats were ok, not great and in flight entertainment was adequate. No real complaints. All flights were on time, toilets were clean so all in all a slick operation.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Rod Oppy    (Australia)

I am a lifetime Gold Qantas member and just this week flew Sydney - Hong Kong Premium Economy with no issues flight, food and service was great. Then boarded CX0364 to Shanghai, flight was 30 minutes late boarding however then we waited in the plane for 3.5 hours before taking off (I watched 2 movies), the reason that there was 4 other flights ahead of us using the same route to Shanghai, unbelievable. Then on the return flight to Hong Kong CX0369 arrived at the Pudong airport at 2.30pm for a 5.30pm flight to find all of the check in counters closed, there was no real explanation for this but was told to check in at the standby counter. I did this and received a pass B16, it seems because I have gold status I was allocated to B, the guy I was flying with being a silver was allocated C6 and the local guy a D as he has no status. In talking to other passengers we learnt that the 1.30 flight still had not left so it seems that the pass was a chance to get on an earlier flight. Now I could go on and on about this but the facts are that some of the Cathay staff were very rude and unprofessional in their handling of this matter, we received no real info on what was going on except to ask us to come back at 4pm and then 6pm to check what was going on, after returning at 5 mins to 6pm I heard my number B16 called so I was moved to the earlier flight which was supposed to depart at 7pm but finally left after 8pm then to rub salt into the wounds on arrival in HK we had to bus it to the terminal. I arrived at my hotel at 11.30pm but my boss arrived at 3.30am! I understand that flights are delayed from time to time however surely Cathay can train its staff to be polite and advise customers what is really going on.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Li    (UK)

LHR-HKG. I normally fly CX whenever I go Asia. Flight to HK was delayed but was informed 10hrs before my flight and was given 15 food vouchers to spend when I checked in. Service was impeccable as always, quick service when I request anything, entertainment is plentiful and staff were attentive, even remembering my name and seat! Return back to LHR was a fully booked flight so service was a little slower, but that was fine by me. Staff always had a smile on their face even though they were very busy. Cabin and toilets very clean as per usual. Seats are comfy, and extra pillows and blankets on request. Can't fault the service and it is definitely worth the money. Another happy customer of CX.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Arvin    (USA)

ORD-KUL via HKG. I found service on both legs of my flight to be not good at all. The crew were not attentive and spent most of the time in the galley. They hardly served drinks throughout the flight. Food was average at best and the Western options were not good.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by R Gonzaga    (Malaysia)

CX829, YYZ-HKG, 24 Aug and connecting to CX723 to KUL. YYZ to HKG was a 15 hour flight in Premium Economy and was as perfect a flight as you could have wanted it to be! I was sick with a cold and the stewardess brought me a box of tissues and made me hot tea with lemon and honey. She enquired if I needed more and was quite attentive. When I told her I recognized her from my outbound flight on 4 Aug, she was thrilled that I recognized her. Seats were spacious, great leg room but I would have appreciated another 2 inches of recline to make sleeping that more comfortable. The downside was the food, what was served was tasty but the portions were small and served on a tray not much larger than an A4 size piece of paper. The meal service was rushed and as it was a night flight, there could have been more patrols with drinks and snacks. They need to improve on their snack quality which mainly consists of processed food. A few choices like fruit and sandwiches would have been nice. Would definitely fly with them again especially in PE.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J O'Reilly    (Australia)

LHR-HKG-SYD. First leg on a modern 777-300ER, boarding slightly chaotic with most people not listening to the boarding calls. Onboard service was very good with food and drinks of good quality. AVOD was fast and responsive with a decent selections of movies etc. Second flight on a a330-300. Bulkhead seats so plenty of room to stretch legs out. Food and drinks again of decent quality. Would recommend this airline, my only issue being the seats which are a bit on the hard side.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by R Rosin    (South Africa)

Johannesburg to Ho Chi Minh City return via Hong Kong. 3/7/2014 - 19/7/2014. Flight was delayed and caused missing connecting flight. Delayed me by over 24 hours. Ground staff were rude and unhelpful. Customer service that I contacted when I eventually got home were not much better. Will never fly Cathy Pacific again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by A D Storey    (USA)

LAX-HKG-BOM in Premium Economy. Seats are very comfortable. Food and drinks were good quality and sufficient. Crew were really good and responded quickly to requests. Definitely good value for money.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by M Reno    (USA)

Business Class, ORD-HKG-ORD, Seats 19A, 19K. Could not get online boarding pass, so had to go to the counter in Chicago. Unfortunately, they only open a few hours before the flight leaves. So about 50 of us had to wait in line for over an hour before they open the counter. No choice, can't even go to the bar to wait because you can't get into the terminal without a boarding pass. Poor selection of wine (hard to believe that the most popular wine in America - Chardonnay is not on flights to/from USA). Poorly stocked beverages, every CPX flight I've been on has run out of various beers and soft drinks. Meal marginal. Overcooked beef. The service is bizarre. They are incredibly friendly, and seem to be sincerely sorry as they apologize over and over throughout the flight for the various shortcomings. But having said that, they are frustrating because they hide in the galley for most of the flight. Never come through the cabin. Seating on the plane is comfortable. Check-in at HKG is awful. They assume you are familiar with the process, lounges, etc. They offer no explanation or guidance. I fly the airline because the seats are comfortable and they have reasonable award levels for flights with Asia Miles/Marco Polo.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Lau Ni    (Macau)

Took CX919 and CX912, HKG-MNL-HKG on 11/15 August 2014 for business trip. Both flights were delayed and on the return leg I almost missed a ferry connection to Macau due to this. CX only offers light snack (a roll/puff/wrap) on flight, with only water, juice, coffee or tea options. Considering it was less than two hours, it is still acceptable, though I have been on similar-length flights that served full meals (Air Macau MFM-TPE). Seats were unbelievably hard - I had aches upon arrival for both flights. Given the limited options between HKG and MNL, guess this is already the best option.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

London to HKG business. Upgraded from PE class so good start. Lounge nice, quiet. Boarding chaotic due to families with teenagers choosing the ' small child board early ' call. Lovely onboard, crew responsive and friendly. Food great, TV excellent, slept a lot. Delayed after landing but captain updated us regularly and as usual good effort to transfer connecting pax efficiently. Worlds most efficient airline.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Kevin Forge    (Australia)

AMS to HKG, Aug 3 and then HKG to SYD, Aug 6. 6 ft passenger and 5 ft 6" passenger, Seats 32E,G and then 31D, E. On both flights the seats were superb - I can't sleep on flights but I felt very comfortable the whole time. Hindu Vegetarian food was excellent. On the 1st flight on the A340, there was only 1 toilet in Premium Economy and on the 2nd flight on the A330 there were no toilets - very annoying and not what you would expect when paying double or triple the economy price. Both flights were very late departing.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by J Mason    (Australia)

Flew from Melbourne to HK then on to London. Back to HK from London. We have a 3 year old and found that only one of our flights was good for her. The staff didn't bother to give her the children's pack or smaller headphones although we were aware that they were available. When we asked for a snack for her they offered peanuts or mentoes hard sweets-both unsuitable for her. On the HK to London flight our attendant was great but all other flights we felt that we were being a nuisance if we asked for anything and even when they said they'd bring us something they didn't get around to it! This was simple requests like an orange juice, or an extra bread roll. Our attendant from London to HK was very young and maybe just inexperienced. She was quite unfriendly. Personally I wish we had booked Singapore Airlines, but the difference in price was significant. Two of our flights were delayed, one by 90 minutes. Not ideal for connecting flights. They did allow our car seat on for free and it was bagged and handled carefully.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Earl Geoffrey    (New Zealand)

I flew Cathay Pacific on three sectors. Auckland - Hong Kong, Hong Kong - London and Paris - Hong Kong. All flights were a wonderful experience particularly the two flights to and from Europe on the 777 - 300. Even the flight from Auckland on the ageing Airbus 340 was enjoyable. Comfortable seats, good food and wine and friendly and professional staff. The airline certainly deserves its high rating and I would be happy to fly with them again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Greg Karlovsky    (Australia)

We have recently done an Evergreen Tour which was fantastic, but we had to pay for our flights in October and pay for them. Come to the actual tour we could not book seats until 48 hrs before hand. So I stayed up until 11.55pm 48hrs before we flew and there were no seats left - how can that be! On the way home I checked in 48hrs and actual was able to get seats from San Francisco to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to Perth, go to get our boarding pass and find out my husband and I aren't even together and yet when looking around behind us the middle four seats people had used them to sleep on because they weren't taken same goes for the two seats, The air hostess didn't seem to even care or help us. After experiencing this because of the length of the flights I doubt very much that we will fly with Cathay again. Those hostesses couldn't get us fed quick enough. They left out on a bench nuts and a drink if we needed it.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Jeremy Chan    (Hong Kong)

CX 506, HKG to KIX on a 25-year-old B747-400. Everything except the landing was very smooth despite bad weather at HKG. The shell seat was a bit cramped but was acceptable for a 3.5 hour flight. Cabin crew was fine, although not outstanding. Flight meal was a bit below expectation. Incredible in-flight entertainment providing a wide selection of Western movies and local movies. Flight arrived 30 minutes late. CX 569, KIX to HKG on a new 0.7 year-old B777-300ER. Again flight crew and flight meal were not as good as expected for the best airline in the world, otherwise very comfortable seats, great management of the flight and again very impressive in-flight entertainment. Flight departed 10 minutes early and arrived more than 30 minutes early which was impressive. Overall I had a feeling that the good standard of Cathay Pacific's catering and cabin services is a bit inconsistent although they are generally stronger than other airlines.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by C Hung    (Hong Kong)

I generally found there was little value for my money when I flew from HKG to YVR besides the highly capable and friendly air hostess who came rather quickly once the call button was pressed. Credit goes to Cathay for their well-trained and attentive staff. The egg omelette was bland and cold, which made it made it fairly unappetizing. The dinner was edible. They had one selection of wine for the six passengers in first class and a different selection of wine available to business class. This basically begs the obvious, how much wine could six people drink in 12 hours. My main complaint with the window seats of their newly reconfigured business class is that one could not even look out of the window. It is utterly self-defeating to call these window seats. Unfortunately, it doesn't help that their business class seats make one feel like one is lying in a coffin when one adjusts the seat to the flatbed position. As for their dysfunctional armrests, I find myself sitting in a chair with my left arm higher than my right arm for 11 plus hours. I could rest my left arm comfortably when I am properly seated, but I could not find the expected corresponding position for the right armrest. The selection of movies was forgettable for a long flight like HKG to YVR. The television shows available were equally lousy. Lastly, the noodle bar closes at 23.00 hours at their business class lounge called the Pier. This meant anyone who had a flight after midnight had a very limited selection of refreshments at the business lounge. Altogether, Cathay needs to either improve the quality of their food and entertainment or start cutting their business class fare.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Kwai Cindy    (Hong Kong)

HKG-CTS Sapporo 747-400. Check in counter is smooth and fast. AVOD is excellent. Cabin Crew friendly. The fixed shell seats are just ok for day flight or less than 3 hrs. The food taste are not good as before. On time arrival and the bags came before I arrived to the baggage lane.

Sapporo - Hong Kong 747-400. AVOD has a lot of latest movies and TV shows. The cabin crew serve drinks after take-off. After that, they serve dinner. The food is so-so. I arrived Hong Kong 10 mins ahead of schedule. I had to wait 20 mins for my baggage but HKIA is always slow to send baggage.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by R Gonzaga    (Malaysia)

CX790, KUL to HKG and CX826 to Toronto. Premium economy seats all the way. The seats are comfy and have great legroom but still feel cramped when the seat in front reclines. On the first leg, KUL-HKG, there was no drink service before takeoff or a hot towel in sight, something Cathay hypes about in their commercials for premium economy. I was disappointed with the meal service as although we were served economy class meals, the portions were tiny for a 14.5 hour flight. Staff were great, pleasant and courteous and it was always service with a smile. They weren't around much after the meal service but did respond to calls. Personally, I do not think these seats are great value for money due to the inadequate meal service and the general similar cramped feeling of economy. The seat mechanism was difficult to work and my seat would not go upright without the help of a steward who said that they were having problems with the premium economy seat recline mechanism.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Tapani Utunen    (Finland)

BKK-HKG on a busy Saturday afternoon in July on an ageing A330-300. The plane looked and felt old and the shell- type seats are not my favourites - but on a full flight they guaranteed a little more privacy and leg room. The flight was on time but otherwise very ordinary really and the staff had to run on this full flight to finish the meal service on time. Moreover, the white wine they serve on their short flights is awful and always warm. A very hectic and chaotic experience with a very hard-working staff.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Lau Ni    (Singapore)

SIN-HKG-SIN on CX650 and CX635 on 25/28 July 2014. Both flights had good on-time departure and arrived on time. For both flights, were supposed to experience new CX Business Class seats but alas, both flights had a last-minute swap of aircraft's. Not only we had to take regional business class seats twice, CX also did not bother to allocate two pax in the same PNR to sit together. Food was okay - better than OZ Business but not as good as SQ Business. IFE and service was good - the earphones were more comfortable than SQ Business. Overall a good experience, though I would have given 1 or 2 more stars if not for the equipment change.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by T Alvin    (Hong Kong)

Flights were really nice. Premium Economy seats were plush and service was excellent (on one leg - kind of standard on the outbound). Food was generally good but comparable to Economy. Given the similar price point I'd go with CX Y+ over SQ Y. For the regular traveler I'd go with CX Y+ anytime. Too bad the price point is HK$8000+. I'd choose CX Y if not on miles.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Allen Kari    (Australia)

22 July we flew Dragonair to connect with Cathay 0135 from Hong Kong to Melbourne. We missed our connection and began a 48 hour ordeal exacerbated by poor customer service, a lost bag, airline transfers that left us sandwiched between babies and high school kids on Thai Airways into Sydney with a seven hour wait before we boarded a flight into Adelaide. All together this was a horrible trip. Cathay has promised to be in touch, but we're home four days and nothing. Let's face it - an airline is about what happens both in the air and on the ground. Disappointing.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by C Lewin    (Australia)

CX100, 7th July, CX233, 8th July and CX292, 21st July, CX139, 22 July. All Business Class. Have travelled with CP several times in the past and the service this time was at its usual high standard. However, the food served on the two legs - SYD-HKG, HKG - Milan and return was extremely poor. Most meals I chose to refuse after one taste. Extremely disappointing!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by R Singletary    (USA)

Went ORD-HKG-NRT and HND-HKG-ORD. Inflight service was good with very attentive staff and they actually went out of the way to help me with my carry-on luggage. In-flight entertainment system was very good and easy to navigate.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Bill Ryan    (New Zealand)

Flew Business Class Auckland-Hong Kong-London return. Very good service on all flights. Lounges good with food and service excellent. I usually fly with AirNZ which is my favourite airline. Cathay every bit as good and special fare extremely reasonable.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Chen Chevy    (USA)

CX841 from New York JFK to HKG. Flight used a fairly new 777-300ER. There was priority boarding for first, business, premium economy, then the passengers at the rear rows of the economy class cabin. Because of my seat being at the very rear of the cabin, seat 67A, I was able to board earlier than some. Cabin Crew were very friendly and responsive. The food was pretty good, I had the fish option which consisted of Baked Salmon with black pepper sauce, lima beans and carrots, and spinach mashed potatoes. On the side was a warm bun with butter and a chicken salad. There was also a haagen-dazz ice cream for dessert. As this was a 16 hour flight, we were offered a second meal, in which I got the chicken with rice option that came with a peach yoghurt cake topped with honey toasted oatmeal, a fruit salad, and once again a warm bun with butter. The seats were fairly comfortable, and I was very thankful not to be on a flight with the old fixed shell seats. The AVOD at my seat was horrible. It would not respond to my touch at all, or would take more than 5 minutes. I alerted the cabin crew, they told me that I had to take it slow. After showing them that it didn't work, they went back to the galley, apparently "reset" the AVOD, and told me to try again. They ignored me after that. A tip for all you others out there traveling on long distance flights on the 777-300ERs. At the rear galley there is a snack tray or bin, with peanuts, chips, and other goodies if you feel hungry between meals.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by T Tukla    (China)

PVG-SYD. Dragonair Business to HKG Cathay Premium Economy CX101 HKG-SYD. After many years of flying the Shanghai- Sydney route decided to try Cathay PE. While it was acceptable it is certainly nothing to get excited about. As with many other comments, I agree, it is slightly better than standard economy and far inferior to Business. While not being so interested in the food or entertainment, both of which were fine, I am much more interested in the comfort factor. Cathay PE does not meet my requirements. Both meal services, dinner on departure and breakfast before arrival, the empty food trays sat for far too long, obviously the staff serve PE first, then do the economy cabin service, so it can be a long time before they return to collect the food tray. Cabin lights remained fully lit, well into the 23:55 flight departure. They advertised an amenity kit that provides eye shades, but I was never offered one. A pillow over my face eliminated some of the light. Bathroom is shared with economy, this is not good. The economy flight crew work the PE cabin, while we all sat there with empty food trays in front of us, Business Class crew, and the purser, made a number of trips through the cabin and completely ignored the fact that the cabin needed service. My result is, either take a daytime economy flight, or upgrade to business. PE is not value for money, a separate bathroom, and a couple of dedicated cabin staff would make the experience better. Cathay need to learn something from Turkish Airlines, their Comfort Class works very well.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Smiths Michael    (Singapore)

CX659, 20 July 2014. Flying from Taipei to Singapore, transit in HK. When boarding the flight from Taipei the plane was so hot. Only box of snacks served. The flight from HKG to SIN, the seat was uncomfortable as it can't be reclined back, only the inner part is reclineable which is uncomfortable. Box of snacks is served around 1 hour later, around 2.30am when people are starting to sleep instead of before arriving as a breakfast. The plane was cold to start with, but then was very hot and with no air circulation.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by M Smith    (Australia)

MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-BKK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL. Flown CX all around Asia in the past 3.5 weeks and experienced all their fleet, from the shell seat, to the new seats, found the new seats to be nice and wide but also hard under the legs. Shell seat, well, what were they thinking? All flights were delayed upwards of 30+ minutes, that's right, all! Crew, well they make the airline, and most of them couldn't be found after service was complete. The 747 I flew on needed some seat repairs as there were parts missing or taped over, and the cleanliness was not exactly great. I didn't appreciate the fact that my table on a few flights was filthy. I do however like the fact that they fly to HND and that makes them a much better option than QF. Meal portions very small, but overall, ok. I'll give them a second go.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Barry Miles    (Australia)

Melbourne - Hong Kong - Frankfurt and return. Melbourne lounge dreadful - cramped, viewless and poor food. Boarding chaotic, especially in Hong Kong. Inflight service inconsistent - it seems business passengers are serviced last? The entire right hand side of the business class cabin was not offered bread during the meal service, yet we all watched the basket being carried up and down the other aisle. Food not that good either - although of higher quality out of Melbourne and Frankfurt than Hong Kong. Requests for items (pillows, drinks) required 2-3 times. They ran out of my preferred meal choice on both legs "we did not expect Caucasians to order it" said my flight attendant. Seat impossible to get comfortable on. I am only 172cm tall and 70kg, but could not get a comfortable position. Odd padding sections on the seats and the very narrow foot well when sleeping filled me with regret that I had allowed myself to be talked into flying Cathay by my partner, and not chosen to fly Singapore Airlines where you can stretch out and get proper service (in my view, Singapore Airlines economy service is better than the Cathay business service).

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by S Howard    (UK)

Cebu to HK to London. I had to wait for 20 minutes before I could check in even though I was travelling business class, Marco Polo always get priority and there was no dedicated Marco Polo check in as it is shared. Lounge at Cebu is OK but very limited in choice of food and drinks. Left on time and arrived on time, crew was the best I have ever experienced on Cebu to HK and vice versa. Arrived on time and boarded my flight to London, the crew was very good as usual, however, again no vegetarian choice, luckily I was not hungry. Film selection is a little poor this time, hopefully next time it will be better.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Siauw Steve    (Indonesia)

CGK-HKG-CGK. CGK-HKG on regional A330-300. Up-to-date touch screen IFE. New and fresh regional cabin. Smooth take- off and landing. Food is a bit disappointing in volume and taste. Choice of drinks is also limited but acceptable. HKG-CGK on older regional B777-300. IFE is up-to-date with touch-screen function, but fixed-shell economy seat a bit uncomfortable. Cabin crew should reduce their volume if they want to have some chit chat around the galley or at the very back of the plane so they do not disturb resting passengers.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Tan Alex    (Singapore)

CX 521 from Tokyo Narita to Hong Kong and CX 659 from Hong Kong to Singapore. Both trips were on the B777-300ER. Seats on these planes were so much better than the shell seats. They were the new ones used on the long haul routes. The touch screen PTVs were really sensitive, which was good as compared to those on the old systems of the 777-300 and A330-300, as they hanged a couple of times when I used them. However, not all was good. CX 521 was delayed for 2 hours because of bad weather at Hong Kong. We were only given a 500yen food voucher which was equivalent to 6 Singapore dollars. Anyway, we were served coffee and tea from Tokyo to Hong Kong which really surprised me since they didn't do that for the Singapore to Hong Kong leg as well as the Hong Kong to Tokyo one. Service was a hit-and-miss affair, but the staff were generally very polite, with a few exceptions. The overnight "meals" offered on all Cathay Pacific regional red-eye flights: CX 659 was a red-eye flight and we were not offered any hot meals. We were only given a paper box which contained a muffin, fruits, a biscuit, and an egg bun accompanied by a pack of lemon tea. I get that some passengers want to get some rest, but they should have at least served hot meals to those who were awake. Nevertheless, the flights were good because of the comfortable seats.

Maybe I was expecting too much from a regional flight. I was on CX 716 from Singapore to Hong Kong on 14th July. The economy class seats were the notorious shell seats and it was extremely uncomfortable. There was no lumbar support and the seat back was really hard. There was also no foot rest. In addition, amenity kits and menus were not given out to us. What's worse was that when we boarded the flight, not every seat had blankets and pillows on them and they were only available upon request and the entire process of passengers settling down into their seats was extremely chaotic as several passengers started requesting blankets and pillows from the cabin crew during pushback and the cabin crew were hurrying back and forth just to hand them the blankets and pillows. The food portions were also pretty small and I was still famished even after the meal service. The cutlery provided was also made of cheap plastic and not metal unlike on some other airlines. We were also not served tea or coffee throughout the flight. The cabin crew were in a rush to collect the meal trays from the passengers and when the pilot came on the speaker and requested for the cabin crew to take their seats for landing, they did not even conduct a safety check for us such as making sure our seat belts were fastened, window shades were lifted and hand carry items were placed under the seat in front of us. The only positive on my outbound journey from Singapore to Tokyo was that the cabin crew were really friendly and were always smiling. My inbound journey on CX was much better. I'll post a review on it after this.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  23 July 2014 by J Egan    (New Zealand)

AKL-HKG codeshared as an NZ booking. The A340 has the slide down seats that many hate but I love. Great lumbar support and it doesn't matter if the persons in front/behind want to eat, sleep or whatever. Lunch was very good; arrival snack was good. All services were nice and efficient. Between NZ and CX I'd pick CX operated flights every time!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Bryce Diaz    (Philippines)

Hong Kong to Manila, flight CX903 operated by a Boeing 777-300ER (77A), First Class Configuration. Premium Economy Class had large PTV screens but meal service was the same as Economy although it was priority boarding and check- in. We were actually upgraded round-trip because of Marco Polo Club. The IFE did not have movies but it had TV shows. I asked the cabin crew for some playing cards and they gave me 2 packs.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Chia Ty    (Singapore)

17/7/14, CX659, HKG-SIN. Sparkling new B777-300ER aircraft, registration B-KQO, hardly over a week in service. This was the aircraft's 8th flight. Got these 4 flights at S$660 so its the best value for money. Transited in HKG from CX500 and had a 3hr layover. Boarding was late by 15 minutes and had no seating order, all economy passengers just boarded at the same time. Full flight. The plane had a new fresh cabin smell, with the latest seats and AVOD entertainment. The AVOD was easy to use and had up to date movies. Music selection was really good for Asian music, with new mandopop albums available. Inflight service was conducted but there was barely any 'proper' service. Due to the midnight flight, we were given a snack box containing cold food. Terrible offering. A box of iced lemon tea was given. Service was by request after that and I got a gin and tonic on request. Trays of water were carried out twice. I feel CX should at least offer a proper meal tray for being a 5 star airline, not a snack box. At least people have the option whether they want to eat supper or skip it.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Gabriel Lee    (USA)

HKG-NGO-HKG in June 2014. Both segments were on B777-200, with older regional product in-flight, so the entertainment system is older and not on-demand. Other than that, the whole experience from check-in (online check-in is easy and quick, and dropping bags has separate short line), boarding, and in-flight (meal and services) are excellent.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Gabriel Lee    (USA)

HKG-DPS-HKG in June 2014. Flight was excellent. The food and services were great. Check-in and boarding was fast and easy. Entertainment is on-demand with lots of choices from Hollywood to Bollywood that makes the 4.5 hr journey much more tolerable.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by I Orosz    (Australia)

HKG-BKK. Short flight on the 777-300. Adequate legroom, inflight entertainment is outdated, but was ok for a short trip. Food was fine. Service was excellent.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by James Halley    (China)

Recently flew return HKG-YVR on CX888/889 combo. Missed the cheaper fares on Chinese carriers so elected to fly Cathay instead of Air Canada. Early morning departures from both ends, but earlier flights were more expensive. Flights were very good but more comfortable on the return as we managed to get the back row of the 777 (row 72 a and c, no middle seat). That row had more legroom too and being near the toilet/galley wasn't an issue. Food seemed above average for economy class fare but I do wish CX would offer drinks before serving the meal. I wanted a G+T but not with my meal! Entertainment system whilst not up to Emirates standard was more than adequate even for a flight of over 12 hours. Snacks available in the galley between meals if peckish. Was surprised that economy class had so few toilets, one of which was very narrow indeed. Flights arrived on time. Cabin crew professional as one would expect from CX. Baggage very slow on arrival at HKG but not the airline's fault.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by S Fonseca    (Chile)

Flew CX 0690, SIN-HKG and CX 0103, HKG-CNS. Both in Business Cabin, both the recent new herringbone 1-2-1 config. The seat is good, but everything else was mediocre at best. Lounge at Changi airport dreadful, no proper business class queue at gate. No priority passport lines either at Changi or Hong-Kong airports. Walking distance from Lounge to departure gate at HKG is insane. In-flight service on both flights was all done in a hurry, by noticeably overworked crew. Food was very mediocre. have had much better meals on many coach flights. Seat folds out to flat bed, but on the A330 service HKG-CNS the small cubby hole where Your feet go, the feet feel claustrophobic and it was boiling hot in there. The only Kudos for Cathay is the WING 1st Class lounge at HKG Airport, with its great Cabanas and menu-restaurant dinner.

16/7/14, CX505, NRT-HKG. B777-300 aircraft, registration B-HNN. Got these 4 flights at S$660 so it was the best value for money. Checked in online. There was a separate line for online check in at NRT so we breezed through check-in in a jiffy, especially since there was almost no queue due to our early arrival. The plane was old and dated but with a refurbished interior with AVOD entertainment, a huge difference from their ancient A330s and a few un-refurbished B777-300s and B777-200s. The AVOD was easy to use and had up to date movies. Music selection was really good for Asian music, with new mandopop albums available. Inflight service was efficient and friendly. A full bar service with peanuts distributed, followed by dinner meal service and trays of drinks after that, with bar service on request. Food was decent and edible but nothing to write home about.

11/7/14, CX736, SIN-HKG. B777-300 aircraft, registration B-HNI. Got these 4 flights at S$660 so its the best value for money. Checked in online. There was a separate line for online check in at SIN so we breezed through check-in in a jiffy. SIN is always efficient anyway. Boarding was on time and by seat numbers. The plane was old and dated but with a refurbished interior with AVOD entertainment, a huge difference from their ancient A330s and a few un- refurbished B777-300s and B777-200s. The AVOD was easy to use and had up to date movies. Music selection was really good for Asian music, with new mandopop albums available. Inflight service was efficient and friendly. A quick service of water, juices and beer on a tray with peanuts distributed, followed by meal service and nothing after that, service by request only. We had a choice of chicken penne with tomato sauce or sweet and sour fish with rice and Haagen Daz ice cream. Food was decent and edible but nothing to write home about. My companion asked for an additional main course since he found the portions small. His request was granted after the meal service ended. Great service.

11/7/14, CX500, HKG-NRT. B777-300 aircraft, registration B-HNI. Got these 4 flights at S$660 so its the best value for money. Transited through HKG from CX736. Boarding was on time and by seat numbers. The plane was old and dated but with a refurbished interior with AVOD entertainment, a huge difference from their ancient A330s and a few un- refurbished B777-300s and B777-200s. The AVOD was easy to use and had up to date movies. Music selection was really good for Asian music, with new mandopop albums available. Inflight service was efficient and friendly. A full bar service with peanuts distributed, followed by dinner meal service and drinks on a tray brought about twice. We had a choice of vegetarian mushroom fusilli with tomato sauce or pork with Chinese sauce with rice and Haagen Daz ice cream. Food was better on this leg. On this flight I had this fantastic female cabin crew member serving our side. During the bar service I asked for a gin and tonic and while making it, she asked for my nationality, then began chatting with me. I requested a set of playing cards as a souvenir and was given a writing kit in addition to the cards. I have flown 10 flights with CX and this was by far the best flight.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 July 2014 by G Minervini    (Australia)

Overall a good airline but seats could be more comfortable. My biggest complaint is that after meal service the crew disappear and it is almost impossible to drag them out of the galley for service. This is not the first time I have experienced this on Cathay Pacific. Food is good but portions are very small.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 July 2014 by M Heaston    (Australia)

We have just flown CX 111, Premium Economy to Rotterdam. Unfortunately the airline code shared from Hong Kong to Heathrow and then Rotterdam with British Airways. Cathay Pacific was light years better than BA. The plane was quieter, the food and drinks much better, the staff more attentive and friendly, and the seats much, much more comfortable compared to BA. The seat cushion was softer and the recline better, the pillow almost full size and the blanket softer and larger. The entertainment system on BA kept cutting out. I would give Cathay 8 out of 10 and BA 6 out of 10.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 July 2014 by Kasthuri A Srinivasan    (India)

Bangalore to Los Angeles leaving Bangalore by KA 153 to travel on 4 Jul. (Seat No 29 A and C). The flight got delayed and left Bangalore at 05.55 hrs. We were accommodated on a connecting flight No CX 882 (Seat No 40 A and B) leaving Hong Kong in the afternoon. We had requested for Asian Vegetarian food which we got on the flight from Bangalore to Hong Kong on Dragonair. To our surprise in the menu card on CX 882 the first meal was vegetarian pasta. On requesting this, the hostess said they had no vegetarian food and offered us cup noodles. Vegetarian food needs to be provided on all the flights.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  11 July 2014 by Imogen Lau    (UK)

LHR-HKG-LHR. Seasoned traveller. Very disappointing service and food availability. Take-off delayed by over 2hrs due to 'troubleshooting' and only offered cups of lukewarm water after 1.5hrs of sitting on an uncomfortably warm full plane, parked at the gate. First drinks service was very slow and ran out of a number of soft drinks (surprising as this was the first drinks service and we were in 5th row they served). Highly disappointed to be told during lunch service that had ran out of chicken (I reiterate, we were in the 5th row they served) and only beef or vegetable pasta were available. More foresight needed when planning food demand, or perhaps need better menu options if the majority of passengers were rejecting the beef? Food portions were also smaller than on other airlines, and a mini KitKat does not constitute a 'dessert' when most other airlines would offer the KitKat as an addition to the 3 courses. No tea/coffee offered proactively after the lunch service, needed to ask the FA for this. Only one meat option available again at dinner service (other meat option had again 'run out'), or vegetable option. To their credit, cabin crew were very apologetic and seemed almost embarrassed to tell us that it had happened again. Snacks counter was set up in the galley with a small assortment of sweet and savoury snacks that were regularly replenished. Cabin crew were very obliging when asked for non-alcoholic drinks. Seat seemed narrower than other airline economy seats, and age-old problem once seat in front is fully-reclined does apply here; near impossible to reach my bag on the floor. Toilets were very clean and I did witness cabin crew doing regular checks of the facilities, armed with air freshener. Inflight entertainment system was very good, with many new movies available for viewing - adverts before every film/TV episode is annoying, but you can fast forward through these. Overall poor flight experience, but credit to good cabin crew. Only chose Cathay Pacific this time as flight time was more suited to my schedule, but will definitely not choose Cathay over Emirates ever again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Sukasem Tejatanalert    (Thailand)

BKK-HKG-LAX on CX-708 and CX-882. BKK-HKG flight was ok for both the seat and meal. For HKG-LAX section, flight was on time even though we left Hong Kong almost 30 minutes late due to security checking. Two meals and snack during the flight were adequate. Entertainment system was good.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

CX724, KUL-HKG on 7th July part of a BA ticket check in at KL quick and easy used the MH lounge which was nice had time for a shower. Seat 40k on a 777-300 which is more like business on airlines in Europe, only a 3hr 30min flight but service from a friendly crew and food was very good, on time departure and arrival very good flight would use CX anytime.

Vancouver-Hong Kong-Bangkok on CX837 and CX-617. The first flight was good, the plane departed Vancouver a little late but make up the time. Food portions were a little small even though it was dinner and the second serving came approximately 4-5 hours after the first serving. Understand that they may want passengers to have longer rest time later. The seat and IFE was good and did not feel that bad after that long trip. Hong Kong to Bangkok on the older plan but food and IFE were adequate.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Athallah Arsyaf    (Indonesia)

Flew from CGK-HKG. Very disappointed with the service and the product CX actually offers as a 5 star airline, flew with CX798 on the way to HKG. Upon boarding, I had very high hopes for CX. Very surprised with the FA's on this flight - they rarely interacted with passengers and some were chatting with colleagues in the cabin upon boarding. The food was not reasonable for a 4.5 hour flight, received a cold and not very nice sandwich in a box. My back ached due to the poor quality seats in economy. We hardly saw the crew in the cabin. The entertainment service was the only decent part of my journey, movies were very up to date and kept us occupied for 4.5 hour flight. Overall will never fly with CX again.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by C Pickard    (Australia)

25 May 2014, CX100, SYD-HKG. 26 May 2014, CX289, HKG-FRA. 24 Jun 2014, CX288, FRA-HKG. 27 Jun 2014, CX101, HKG- SYD. Terribly uncomfortable seats, foot rest awful design would not work properly, staff had to help each flight. Recliner button did not work, both flights. Toilet access very bad. Inflight entertainment excellent, food pleasant. Cabin crew extremely nice, helpful. Prem Y? It's how normal Econ should be. Back to QF whatever the price, their comfort in seating excels. One good thing at least was that the bags were interlined correctly and arrived safely in Copenhagen. No access to lounges as QF Club silver - disappointing.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by S Klass    (USA)

SIN-HKG-JFK. Both sectors departed and arrived on time. Was glad to have been on the 777-300ER from SIN instead of the A330 with the dated, uncomfortable seats. Service on both sectors consistently good, friendly and efficient. Meals, sadly, seemed to let the whole CX experience down. Portions are small and very uninspired. The meals on the long haul to NY were identical in size but were preceded with a menu. No hot towels or cold towellettes distributed. Crew were however very pleasant throughout the long nonstop and very obliging with drinks, snacks. A snack counter was set up with a limited selection of drinks and eats. Cabin and toilets clean and seat comfort held for the 15 hours, just. IFE selection was pretty good too. While everything works and is adequate it's not quite a 5 star airline experience in CX economy.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Kwai Cindy    (Hong Kong)

KIX-HKG. Boeing 747-400. In Premium Economy class. This aircraft has own Premium Economy washroom. KIX onboard meal is much better than ex HKG. KIX boarding gate is a bit far as usual. Inflight Entertainment has new movies. Cabin Crews are friendly. Washroom is clean. Arrival HKG on-time.

HKG-KIX in Premium Economy. Airbus 330-300. The seat is great. Whole cabin is full. The food a bit worse than before. Inflight Entertainment is excellent. Cabin Crew friendly and helpful. Early 10 mins arrival KIX. Baggage had been delivered when I arrived to the baggage hall.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by T Patrick    (Hong Kong)

HKG - Bangkok economy. Flight out a bit late but made up time on way. Newish plane, good AVOD and food. Usual efficient and friendly service from CX. Return also good. Good meal choices, service with a smile, large wines given quickly and all in all very impressive. Only down was landing at gate 65 which is possibly the furthest gate ever!

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Ng Michael    (UK)

CX714, 15th June, from Singapore to Hong Kong and it was an excellent journey. Surprisingly the flight took off a few minutes early and we arrived to our final destination 15 minutes earlier than scheduled. It was a 3.5 hours flight and no complaints at all, the entire journey with Cathay Pacific was a pleasure.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Scott Waterfall    (Australia)

PE is not Business Class (J), so if you are looking for J, PE is not for you. Having said that PE on Cathay Pacific (CX) is OK. Seats are comfortable, food is good, there is room to move. The only downside is that the toilets are shared with Economy on the A330, and some B777. Would I fly with CX again and in PE, Yes and No.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Charles Max    (Australia)

Melbourne to Hong Kong, economy class. Excellent service, great food, menu provided was I nice touch, good wine, entertainment was good but there were limited movies. It was inconvenient using the lavatory as 2 of the 5 economy toilets were out of service. We had to queue up for almost 10 minutes in the aisle to use it. I was very happy with the flight and it was definitely worth flying Cathay Pacific.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by S Howard    (UK)

London to Hong Kong then onto Cebu. I was boarded first due to my hearing loss, the flight left 20 minutes late but arrived in HK on time. The staff are still very good and friendly, however, they didn't have any fish cakes for my main course left and I was not able to eat meat - quite disappointed, however they were very apologetic. They should have anticipated the demand. HKG to Cebu: Flight was 45 minutes late taking off and landed 30 minutes late, a little surprised to be boarded on a new A330 airbus however, the business class seats which is the same for long distance seems a little smaller compare to the Boeing 777. A major cock up with the stewardess only giving us two forms, one for health and the other for passport and forgotten to give us another form for custom, chaos at customs as none of the passengers had forms to give them. A real hassle, also there was no meet and greet for me either. Fingers crossed my return trip next month will be much better.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by M Bennet    (Australia)

Flew from Hong Kong to Brisbane via Cairns in May. We were offloaded from Virgin Atlantic to Cathay and paid to travel Premium Economy. We did get a wider seat but the cold hard muffin, yoghurt and orange juice breakfast had to be a basic as they could get. I don't know what they got in economy but it couldn't have been any less. Hardly saw the staff, they just weren't there or interested. We had to walk a long way through the economy class to get to the toilets so didn't gain anything for having paid extra. Unless you need the slightly larger seat, don't waste your money paying extra fro premium economy as you don't gain anything.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Oleson David    (USA)

Flew Premium Economy LAX-HKG-LAX on 777-ER. I have read many prior reviews about CP PE and the main point is that this product should only be compared to Economy, not Business Class. I have also flown CP BC and it is a great experience all around. I am 6'2" and the days of flying Economy across the Pacific are over! Understanding that the price can be about double, after 15 hours I believe well worth the price. Was able to board early on both legs. Had a dedicated overhead bin. The private cabin in a plus. The seat was fantastic, 34C, which was back seat aisle. A bonus was the extra storage behind the seat. Even when the seat in front was fully reclined, I never felt uncomfortable. The width of the seat, the arm rest and comfort of the seat were all good! The entertainment system was fantastic! The noise cancelling headphones were excellent. I found the service to be adequate, the food options were the same as BC, including the wine options. Real silverware and linen. Had no problems getting drink refills or snacks. Had no problems sleeping, had superb legroom. The adjustable headrest is a great plus! Able to de-plane ahead of EC, which is nice. The extra price was definitely worth it to me as I felt completely rested after both legs, which is invaluable. Also, you if you have the opportunity to use SkyPier at HKG, do it! Less than five minutes to get through immigration, customs and security! Amazing experience! The check-in desks at SkyPier are efficient and fast! You take a short shuttle train to connect to the main terminal.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Taynton Stephen    (China)

Hong Kong to London Heathrow. The flight left a little late but the new business class on this 777 was truly exceptional and I enjoyed every moment of the 12 hour flight. I even managed to get 6 hours sleep on what I think is a very comfortable bed. The food was very good with a nice selection, the lamb shoulder confit was superb as was the pork which was served as dinner before landing. The wines were good, again a good choice. The cabin staff were very professional and helpful always there. Overall a great journey and my new favourite airline for business class.

Cathay Pacific Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Reyneke Les    (South Africa)

I am a 69 y/o seasoned traveller. I am mobility impaired following a series of joint replacements. I recently flew with Cathay Pacific return from South Africa to China via Hong Kong as a single traveller. I want to thank them for their fantastic service! From the moment that I arrived at the airport in Johannesburg - I was well supported and I received assistance with my mobility issues in a professional and caring manner.