PAGE loading ... please wait!

CanJet Airlines Passenger Reviews and Canjet Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Bobby Giannakopoulos    (Canada)

YUL-SNU with a Boeing 737. The flight left slightly late but landed in Santa Clara on time. Check-in in Montreal was smooth by my fellow co-worker. The service, the crew and the meals on board were fine, nothing special. The champagne was a nice touch and the seat was fine. In flying entertainment was a recent movie shown on the overhead screen. Overall Canjet is not so bad, I found that airline has pretty much the same service and the same seat comfort as Air Transat. It's just too bad their codeshare agreement with Air Transat for some route is about to end. I wonder what would happen to that Airline.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  29 April 2014 by Ever Brianingham    (Canada)

Returned to Toronto on April 10 from Puerto Vallarta. Seats didn't recline. Inflight movie available to only half the plane. Plane was so old it still had ashtrays! Seats were terribly uncomfortable. Washrooms smelt to high heaven. Inflight meal was so inedible that most people didn't eat it. As a matter of fact, the stewards were trying to give away seconds! I will never fly with this airline again.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Jay Bernier    (Canada)

Flew from Ottawa to Varadero and Montego Bay a few times on Air Transat codeshares operated by CanJet. The flight crew were rude every single time! Some belittled the passengers and some were simply confrontational. I was thirsty and they refused to refill my water for me. Definitely some problems with their training or hiring process. Won't fly with them again next winter.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Mike Anderson    (Canada)

Just got back from Roatan, Honduras April 14 2014. We paid extra to have some leg room and with this selection, by the exit door, baggage must be stored overhead. We have been in these several times and are aware of this. To the point, the flight attendants on this flight need a lesson in customer service. While trying to put our luggage up we were told to stop sit down and wait, not because we were interfering with the aisle or movement she just didn't want us doing it. Along with this when we asked about the movie, playing in English and French at the same time we were ignored. While collecting the waste from the food trays once again we were in trouble. Apparently collecting your trays together so you still have room is a big no no? Trust me they will let you know you are the stupidest person on the plane. I was embarrassed. This crew needs to find another way to make a living because customer service isn't something they excel at!

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Denis Blake    (Canada)

Flew into Pearson on 30 March 2014, waited 15 minutes to cross a runway, then a half hour until the jetway was brought to the door of the plane. Apparently, they were switched jetways but nobody was told. The flight attendant told us to sit down to get comfortable, after a 5 hour flight, I don't think so. As we left, the flight attendant was standing with her back to the cockpit door reading a pamphlet out loud to no one in particular, I guess to keep us from asking why the service was so poor. The food and seats were poor.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  5 April 2014 by Elizabeth Fedorkow    (Canada)

Our flight to Grenada on March 27 2014 was delayed 3 hours. No explanation why and information. Plane came in earlier then expected but then we had to wait for the crew to arrive therefore didn't get out any sooner. Canjet offered nothing to their customers for the delay. It is as if they don't care. Poor customer service.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  4 April 2014 by A Sabean    (Canada)

We travelled Canjet from Halifax to Holguin, Cuba, March 15-22, 2014. The check in people we encountered in Halifax were not friendly at all downstairs or upstairs when boarding the plane. The lines were very slow moving. It would be nice if we could have done web check in online or with the machines before checking in at the desk. It would have saved a lot of time. We were very surprised that the seats on the plane were actually quite comfortable and didn't lean back too far like some planes we've been on. They served us a complimentary hot meal, champagne, and wine along with soft drinks, juices, etc. This was all very nice. The crew left a lot to be desired as it was hard to even get a smile out of most of them. We will add that we sat in the very back of the plane on the trip home and had actually paid for seat selection for those seats, so we could snuggle in and sleep during the overnight flight - the bathroom at the rear of the plane on the return flight smelt horrible - as soon as we entered the plane and any time the door was opened, etc. Overall, we were pleased with Canjet - Just a few more friendly staff would be a great asset.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Georges Royer    (Canada)

I should have read the reviews of previous travelers regarding the Canjet SELECT program. I booked this VIP program ($129 for one person for a return trip) because of the benefits advertized on the website. I do not think it is worth it. On my flight from Ottawa to Varadero (March 14), I was able to check in rather quickly and my suitcase was given a red Priority tag. The flight was very pleasant and the service quite good. Staff were nice and I got champagne and free drinks. I had leg room because I picked a seat in the front row. On arrival at Varadero my bags came out ahead of the rest. However, the return flight (on March 28) was a very different story. No Canjet Select desk at the airport, no priority check-in, no priority boarding, no champagne or drinks on board, no priority delivery of baggage. Paying extra did not give me any advantage. I can only conclude that the Canjet Select service is OK if you book it for the outgoing trip because Canjet has the staff to provide the service in Canada. But they do not have the personnel abroad. I will travel with Canjet again if there is no alternative but I would not pay for the Select service. It is a lot of money for a glass of bubbly and a drink. In all fairness, I must say that the cabin staff on both flights were very nice and pleasant.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  28 March 2014 by K Neufeld    (Canada)

Mar 20-27 2014 from Toronto - Grenada and return. Check-in at both ends was quick and relatively easy. Having said that the check-in in Grenada seemed unorganized and if you had pre-purchased your seats you needed your email receipt for proof. Going down flight was on time, staff were very nice. We had purchased the Select and were given everything as promised without asking for it. Beverages and food were served within the first 2 hours of the flight. Drinks were replenished on a request basis after that. Coming back flight was delayed by 3 hours. Staff were friendly and attentive. Yes the planes are older and are worn. The legroom is minimal. I am 6'1" and 230 and was able to handle the 5hr 45min flight but that would be the maximum time. As mentioned in other posts they do have movies inflight, depending on where you are sitting the pop down screens may not be on the best angle. We brought are ipads for entertainment.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Nada Drozd    (Canada)

Went on a trip to La Romana on March 10th. Arrived at airport 3 hours ahead of time. No signs posted for CanJet. Had to ask people in line if they were waiting for Canjet attendants. Finally, some sloppy, unprofessional looking people show up at counter 1 hour prior to departure. No smiles, no acknowledgements or apologies for being late. Flight: extremely uncomfortable plane. Broken seats, no legroom. Plastic trim by front of cabin falling apart. Filthy washroom. Terrible food. Flight attendants were rude and inattentive. No drink service of any kind to anyone for 2 hours into flight. We had to ask 3 times to get a cup of water. My husband was told to go to the back himself and get his own water. Finally 'champagne' was served before anything else. No drinks until after food was served. Had beef dish that was disgusting. The only positive was on our flight home on the 17th. There was a wonderful flight attendant who was extremely pleasant, attentive and professional.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  14 March 2014 by John C Seguin    (Canada)

Feb 28 2014. Got up at 3am, 10 minutes from Pearson, as our flight was leaving at 6am. Told that boarding was at 5.10 am.– Actually boarded at 6.10 and did not start rolling towards runway until 06.30. Canjet is probably the only airline which does not offer online check in. Still living in the past with no boarding pass scanner! Boarding was with special needs and families with toddlers, then rows 22 to 32 which turned out to be a free-for- all. Very uncomfortable plastic seats - 10 inches between edge of seat to rear of the one in front. Mar 7/14, got up at 3.30 as we were scheduled to depart Cuba at 10.45. Aircraft did not even arrive from Toronto until 11.15, – finally took off at 12.30! First and last time we fly with Canjet.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  5 March 2014 by T MacAlister    (Canada)

Ottawa to Montego Bay on Flight 852, Feb 21, 2014. When flying, staff were extremely rude. One of the male attendants behaved in a very unprofessional manner - walked around barking orders. We were not allowed to recline our seats or use the washroom for the first hour of the flight, "due to turbulence". The seat was uncomfortable and legroom narrow (similar to Sunwing). For entertainment, there was a shared TV for every couple of rows. I was pleasantly surprised that they did have food and free alcohol on the flight. Flew back to Ottawa on Flight 853, Feb 28, 2014. The staff on the return flight were unfriendly but reasonably professional.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Karen Elliott    (Canada)

We paid $200 each more than Sunwing because we were delayed last year for 15 hours. Canjet departure delayed 45 minutes. Sunwing gave us food and alcohol drinks as an apology, Canjet did nothing. Going down the stewardesses were all business, no smiles, just what do you want, here it is. Coming back delayed 20 minutes to clean the plane, they missed the dust and cracker crumbs and fingerprints on my window. Again no smiles.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  19 February 2014 by Jason Foss    (Canada)

Toronto to Varadero on Jan 25th 2014. We were flying with an infant (11 months) so we paid for the CANJET SELECT service. When we arrived at the terminal in Toronto for check-in we walked up to the CANJET SELECT teller and he said we would have to wait for the next available ticket operator to check us in. Once we got checked in our flight and service to Varadero was fine, no complaints. On our way back from Varadero we again arrived to get checked in only to notice there was 8-10 people in the CANJET SELECT line so we were made to wait until they were checked in. Next up, once ready to board there was no call for pre-boarding of passengers on the SELECT SERVICE or for people travelling who might need assistance to come and board first. It was just a general "now boarding Canjet Flight 705 to Toronto" which started a stampede to the gate. On the plane we were supposed to receive our alcoholic beverages or a drink of some kind, we never received anything until 2 hours into our flight. The flight from Varadero to Toronto is just under 3 hours. The crew going southbound very friendly, the crew flying northbound were grumpy. We would definitely not recommend upgrading to the CANJET SELECT service.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Kuhn Paul    (Canada)

We flew Canjet from Manzanillo Mexico to Toronto Jan 27th 2014 on flight 791. I have never experienced such a rude flight crew. One flight attendant even asked me if I owned a credit card when I ordered a wine. The passengers beside me couldn't believe their ears. The real problem was when we landed they insisted on unloading all baggage before unloading the things that people really needed like strollers, wheelchairs and a scooter. On any other airline these items come off first. When I asked the flight attendant what the delay was she said they come off last and have a nice day in a very surly manner.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Debbie Keltz-Wolk    (Canada)

December 15th 2013 my husband and I flew a code share Air Transat/Canjet from Ft. Lauderdale to Toronto. Lined up at the Air Transat counter even though not a single employee was at the desk yet. Then the sign for Air Transat went out and a few counters away the CanJet light lit up. Very orderly the entire line moved over but still no employees around. Our line was getting fed up. A manager came over and ushered us all back to the Air Transat counter without a word of apology for the confusion. We were finally checked in. All went well until we looked at the two side by side departure boards. One board stated that our flight was on time to leave at 12.55 pm and the other board next to it, with the same fight number and airline said 2.20 pm. Again there was nobody around to ask. 12.55 came and went and the plane hadn't even arrived. Finally a CanJet plane arrived and the supervisor again shows up to expedite the deplaning Montreal passengers and our boarding. We were watching the safety video and the captain comes on and says there is a problem with the engines and we would have to wait for maintenance. This took over an hour to fix. Then we taxi out to the runway, the engines die and we had to be towed back to the jetway. Again another hour waiting. Once in the air, to make up for the over 5 hour delay they were giving most of us free headphones to listen to the movie. As the flight progressed flight attendants were getting more and more openly belligerent towards passengers. We were preparing to land and flight attendants had not walked through the cabin to collect the trash so I gathered ours up and proceeded to hand it to our flight attendant as he walked by. He was angry and said he was busy and walked away. We landed in Toronto and as we were leaving the plane th flight crew said nothing.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Vanessa Karina    (Canada)

My friends and I flew from Toronto to Montego Bay on Jan 15-22. Our departure from Toronto (flight #770) was scheduled at 8am to arrive in Jamaica at 12.15pm. As the plane taxied out, the pilot announced there was a mechanical issue and they'd update us in 30 mins. We were stuck on the plane. 1.5 hrs later, we taxi back to the terminal and deplaned. They were waiting to either have the plane fixed or get a new plane for us. A new plane came in from Montreal. We ended up leaving Toronto at 5.30 pm, this means we spent 11.5 hours at Pearson airport. CanJet did offer us a $20 meal voucher and a $75 coupon for a next flight. Our return flight was on time, however, just as the pilot was about to take off we had to stop suddenly. The pilot announced the unit that controls the heat/ac, etc over heated and we would have to wait about 6 mins for it to cool. 6 mins turned into 30 mins in the hot Jamaican sun. Once we landed in Toronto, it took what felt like forever to get our bags. After waiting 20 minutes, someone came on the PA and said our bags were delayed. This was my first time flying with CanJet and it will be my last.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Kelly Kowalchuk    (Canada)

Flight 764, Dec 26 and Flight 765, Jan 2. Flight from T.O to Cartegena, Dec 26. 3 hour delay on take off, due to mechanical problem, staff were not friendly, and the cabin was hot while we sat and waited to be told we may have to get off the plane, then told they didn't have the staff to receive us at the terminal. I guess in hind site that was better than the flight home because we did not get our luggage, along with 20-30 others and we were told our luggage was purposely left behind to accommodate either tools or airplane parts! We paid for a direct flight and fully expected our bags to make it on. Now we are waiting for the next flight from Categena a week later, to see if they are on that flight! Will not book with this company again!

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  7 November 2013 by M Duff    (Canada)

I flew from Toronto to Cartagena, Colombia and had a really nice flight. It is a charter airline and didn't expect that much. The flight attendants were very nice and quick so it didn't take a half an hour after take off for our drinks but more like 5 min and they seemed calm and social with us. Would fly again. I will recommend although there were TV's, only the fold down ones so still entertaining but you should have a plan B.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  29 October 2013 by M Vos    (Canada)

Flew on a Hola Sun package from Toronto to Cayo Largo, Cuba. Flight down on a 737-800 left YYZ on time and put us in Cuba 35 mins early! Staff in cabin seemed very rushed and irritated. No warm smiles from many. My fiancee and I couldn't get seated together. We were asked to sit across the aisle from each other as the flight was full. On the flight home we got seats together and a window. Our flight back to Toronto had to stop in Santiago de Cuba to pick up more passengers also bound for Toronto. Flight left Cayo Largo a bit late but we made the time up on our stop in Santiago. A scheduled 45 min stop was done in 20 flat! Very impressed with crew on the flight home! Friendly and good humoured! Only downer was the aged 737 we had on the way home. Seats torn and all surfaces a bit dirty and worn. All in all not bad at all for a little airline out of Halifax!

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  7 May 2013 by Tom Marriott    (Canada)

We were re-booked from Air Transat to Canjet for a flight to and from Puerto Vallarta. Was worried about the change but the flights were on time great staff. Food was decent enough. Plane was reasonably new and although leg room was ok for me it may not be for those over 6' tall. Many of the folks travelling through the States to save a few dollars talked of delays, poor flights and cancelled flights. Those who went United were hit the worst. We had non stop no layovers and great service. Would fly CanJet anytime.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  3 May 2013 by J McMaster    (Canada)

Chose CanJet Select and did not receive the benefits of first check in at either airport. Have no clue if our luggage was off first as we were at the rear of the plane. Had to get the attention of the Hostess to receive our Select Status on the flight to the Dominican Republic. Return flight to Toronto the Staff were not pleasant at all. Food was only pasta and no choice of vegetarian or not for approx. 5 rows including our row which was the sixth row from the rear. We were all given vegetarian. The last 5 rows had a choice. Did not need the 10 kg additional weight. Priority boarding was non existent from Toronto and if we hadn't stood at the doors upon returning we would have approx. 2 minutes to get to the doors and on. Don't waste your money on Select. Complaining to them gets a pathetic apology and no refund or compensation.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  29 April 2013 by L Breeden    (Canada)

Flew April 6th, there were 8 of us flying, 2 with disabilities that required them to be near the front which they accommodated. Meal was fine, flight staff had bad attitudes and did not smile. Flew back April 13th from PV to Vancouver, had an excellent flight. Crew were pleasant and very accommodating. Would consider them again after.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  26 April 2013 by Carole Freier    (Canada)

We selected The CanJet Select program which gives you many perks. The main reason we bought this program was for the luggage to come off first at both destinations. When the luggage started to come on the carousel in Cozumel our luggage was last to appear. The luggage still had the Red Priority tags on them. When we came home and arrived in Toronto, once again our luggage was nowhere to be seen until approximately 3/4 of the luggage had already be off loaded from the plane. The Red Priority tags were still on our bags. I'll never fly CanJet again.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  3 April 2013 by M Stevenson    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to Cayo Coco Cuba. Excellent flight. Left about 10 minutes early and arrived about half an hour early. Return flight left early and on time. Friendly staff both ways, free complimentary meals on board and free glass of wine. Also had free champagne on the way done. I will definitely fly with CanJet again.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  18 March 2013 by B Mitchell    (Canada)

Flew from Halifax to Varadero. Great flight, great crew. Not a whole lot of room in the seat, but at the price we pay these days for one week in the sun including airfare, the price and service is excellent. We vacation in the sun every year and I highly recommend Canjet, and would have no problem flying with them again.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  13 March 2013 by Carl Plourde    (Canada)

Myself, my wife and kids went to Punta Cana from Québec, March 1st to 9th. Contrary to a majority of reviews I saw earlier, I must admit that our flight was excellent. We left on time to go and on our return flight also. The meals were great and staff very friendly.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  5 March 2013 by G Hargrove    (Canada)

Flew Ottawa to Cancun the last week of Feb 2013. All in all, it was a pleasant experience. Hot meal going down was a choice of eggs with salsa or eggs with spinach. On return it was either chicken pasta or vegetarian pasta. Staff both ways were friendly and attentive. Good communications from the cockpit.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  4 March 2013 by G Lambert    (Canada)

I flew from Montreal to Puerto Plata and back for a 3-week stay in February. Service was great, flight attendants were attentive and nice. Food was better than anything I ever had on a plane, it was hot and it was complimentary, with a free glass of wine. As with any low cost airline the seating is a little cramped but hell, it's only a 4-hour flight. Anyone can bear that. Both flights were comfortable and enjoyable and on time. Would fly with Canjet anytime again.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  15 February 2013 by R Guay    (Canada)

Flew from Montreal to Cancun and back. Service was great, attendants were attentive and nice. Food was better than anything I ever had on a plane, it was hot and it was complimentary, with free glass of wine. They had extra of both choices. The seats are a little small and there is no first class cabin, which is to be expected for a low cost airline. Overall flight was comfortable and enjoyable. We were even on time. Would be pleased to fly with Canjet again.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  12 February 2013 by Ken Nowicki    (Canada)

Flew from Kelowna on Jan 28th to Puerto Vallarta. Ended up in row 22 both times, very loud, horribly tight. Meal going down was fine, a stew and an unusual rice or bean concoction, complimentary wine. Coming back only choice was a veggy delight! It took half an hour to load the plane! (Why are people allowed to board with so much stuff).

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  8 February 2013 by Ron Eminson    (Canada)

We flew from Victoria BC to Puerta VAllarta. Had no trouble. They even included a meal and a free drink, more than you'd get from the other airlines.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  8 February 2013 by D Facey    (Canada)

We were excited to be heading to Mexico, my husband and myself have been 5 times - our first time with Canjet. Got off to a bad start being informed that our flight was going to be late, offered a complimentary glass of champagne. The food was something to be desired - they ran out of one dish. Ended up landing in Cancun at 10pm - not our scheduled time of 5.10pm. On the way home we were to be in Victoria at 10.30pm and we did not land until 1am. Ended up having to stay a night in Victoria instead of driving home. Did not receive any complimentary drink for being late and again the food was horrible. Really disappointed in their lack of choice. I do not plan on using Canjet again. Very disappointed in the overall flight (both ways).

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  1 February 2013 by R Ross    (Canada)

Flew Ottawa to Cancun in January. Overall the flights were good, food average and service good. We did find that the plane was not very clean overall. Our tray tables were smeared with food from the last passengers and we had to ask them to be cleaned. The stewardess only brought us a couple of wet wipes - not really acceptable. The same condition on the return flight. Return flight was about 3 hours late - no explanation. Have flown charters before but was disappointed with Canjet.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  31 January 2013 by S Swales    (Canada)

Return flight 771 from Puerto Plata, DR to Toronto on January 29, 2013. Food was stacked on the floor beside the garbage container. Not sure if it had already been heated and waiting for service to begin? One member of the flight crew was in the galley talking with the cabin crew for a long period of time. Very unsettling! We were given the bulk head seats having extra leg room which was nice. Family traveling with us and child in their lap had an open seat beside them which was very considerate of the check in crew. Uneventful flight and on time but because of our flight down on the 22nd, we would not fly with Canjet again.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  31 January 2013 by G Smith    (Canada)

My wife and I travel to Mexico 2 to 3 times per year. Flight left on time and arrived early both ways. Plane was a 737-800 - very standard in the charter industry. Yes they pack the seats in to the maximum capacity. Overall it is pretty good value. Flight crews and cabin crews both ways were professional. The in flight meal was standard Airline fare, the food was better than most and they had a few extras and asked if people wanted another. The in flight service and movie was the norm. Yes you may have to purchase head sets - $3.00. Nonetheless, the movie was fine. The Captain kept us well informed and added some humor. All in all it was excellent value for the price.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  25 January 2013 by R Green    (Canada)

Flight from P. Plata, Dominican Republic to Toronto, Jan 22, 2013. Flight delayed 9 hours. No communication from Canjet while waiting in airport, just a meal voucher. Had to rely on info gathered from other passengers and then try to determine its accuracy. After all that time, when we finally board the plane, the flight attendant greeting us, inquires how we are today. I chose to answer that inane question with very tired slight grin. The attendants response, 'so you feel the same way we do'. My last flight with Canjet.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  24 January 2013 by J Hayden    (Canada)

Flew to St Lucia Jan 13. 6 hour delayed departure because they don't have enough planes. No one called us although they said they did. Should have arrived at 7 pm, got in at 2 am. Not nice when you are travelling with young children. You would have thought a week later they would have sorted our their issues. Nope, we were supposed to depart at 7pm, left at 1.15 am, got home at 6am on a Monday. These planes are very uncomfortable. Air Transat rep was hopeless. No offer of compensation on return flight for our inconvenience, not that I would travel with them again.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  22 January 2013 by V Tojcic    (Canada)

Went to Montego Bay with my husband on January 4 2013 from Ottawa for 2 weeks. Flight was late because pilot was late! When they finally served the meal, I asked for second glass of coke, but was told I could not have any more, because they have to save them for return flight. Return - even worse! Supposed to leave Montego Bay at 11.30am, we left for Jamaica at 5.05pm due to mechanical problem. During that time we were not offered any vouchers for food. Seats are very poor. They used to have pillows and covers - now you have to buy them. My tables were broken both times so the trays with food were hanging on the edge. The crew were rude. Never again with CanJet.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  20 December 2012 by T Roy    (Canada)

Round-trip from Ottawa to Punta Cana. Both flights on time. The flights and landing were good. The attendants rarely smiled (one in particular I had on both flights). I purchased a comfort kit as it was freezing where I sat. The English audio didn't work on the TV the way there so I sat for 4hrs with nothing to watch. On the way back, the audio worked but I had to continuously apply pressure to the ear-bud connection to hear anything. The seats are very cramped and felt like I was sitting on a cement slab - I couldn't wait to get out of there. The food was typical with no complaints. Eating the food was a challenge due to the proximity of those sitting beside you. I will not be flying CanJet by choice again.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  12 December 2012 by M Lynds    (Canada)

Flights to and from Puerto Vallarta were quite smooth, although left Toronto an hour late and left PV half an hour late. Seating is very crowded and seats are not comfortable. Staff friendly and courteous. Would not want to travel this airline again due to the lack of comfort and space.

CANJET AIRLINES Customer review :  12 November 2012 by Sheilah Mickle    (Canada)

We flew with CanJet on Oct. 12 from Edmonton to Calgary and then to Cancun. Flight was on time and attendants were nice enough but didn't see much for smiles on any of them. Found out at boarding that seats we had paid extra for were not right and the other couple with us were separated. Very cramped and uncomfortable, duct tape on one of the first seats we saw as we entered. We all brought earphones to watch the movie but none of them worked and we were forced to purchase or do without. I am sure we read that most earphones are compatible. Food was hot and good. A comfort kit was purchased but no free drink as described in your brochure.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  5 October 2012 by A Nuyens   (Canada)

We flew from Edmonton to Calgary to Puerto Vallarta. First time flying Canjet, some positive - we were on schedule, staff were friendly and attentive, the food was good! The negatives were some boisterous passengers, non-stop rudeness and disregard for passengers within earshot, until the pilot intervened with a stern warning. The seats were uncomfortable. The airplane seemed older!

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  1 October 2012 by S Frank   (Canada)

Flight from Toronto to Cayo Coco Aug 30, delayed 23 hrs, 45 minutes, due to mechanical problems. Changed our gate 4 times, while we waited 9 hours at the airport for flight. Employees at ticket counter actually called the police to our final gate location, when they finally cancelled our flight at 1 am, because there were so many vocally upset passengers. Most were only going to Cuba for the long weekend, and had lost a day of their vacation. Put us up at the Sheraton hotel, attached to the terminal. Checked in about 2am, checkout was noon, no exceptions. Told by an airline insider that if our flight was delayed more than 24 hours, we would have been entitled to a full refund. They had a cleaning crew of about twelve to clean the plane to make sure we flew out before the 24 hours. The flight attendants were called in from their long weekend, just for the flight. Gave each passenger $150.00 voucher for next flight on Canjet, and meal vouchers while delayed.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  3 July 2012 by M Vincent   (Canada)

My wife and I flew from Vancouver to Cancun on June 10 and returned on the 24th. We got a good deal on an all inclusive but felt anxious after reading many of the reviews of this airline. We took a chance! We were able to make a phone call to the office with almost no wait and received assistance from a very helpful and informed assistant to purchase an upgrade in seating for extra leg room at an emergency exit. This cost $45 pp each way, $90 pp for the trip. Well worth it! The seating generally appears quite tight but the exit rows were great. The flights left on time. The service was very good and a meal was provided which was very edible. For the price I felt it was good value with no problems encountered. Overall I was pleasantly surprised by the airline. One negative experience was access to watching the movies. The screens are very small and can be a few rows away, making viewing difficult.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  9 May 2012 by Jacquline Johnson   (Canada)

Travelled to Montego Bay from Toronto. Flight delayed from the very start with no apology from airline officials in Toronto. On return from Jamaica flight again delayed for more than 4 hrs with no apology. I was travelling luckily with no children and all the officials would say is that they would update us as soon as they got additional information. The representative provided no apology just a $15 meal voucher. The inconvenience of it all resulted in a wait from 2pm to 8.30pm when the flight eventually left. The schedule arrival time in Toronto changed from 10pm to 2am. They did nothing inflight to compensate passengers.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  8 May 2012 by J Serpa   (Canada)

Flew Toronto to Varadero, Cuba late afternoon. Smooth check-in, left on time. Friendly staff. Had a hot meal both ways - was very good. Coming home, left on time and arrived 30 mins early in Toronto. On return was offered a 2nd meal if we wanted - almost unheard of! Again, flight staff friendly, courteous and attentive. The only negative for me personally, was the tight space in seats. Glad I was seated with family, because I would not want to be that close to a stranger. It was, after all, only a 3 hour flight, so was manageable.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  17 April 2012 by K Prine   (Canada)

Paid for the full upgrade to Select Service - arrived at airport and no record that we paid this (luckily I had my receipt). Outbound we got what we paid for, on return from the Caribbean - got the seats we booked but nothing else. We were the last people served a meal, 2 meal selections and the one I chose was gone! Asked for blankets/pillows and told we should have kept the ones from the flight down. Not offered our beverage until 30 mins prior to landing! Staff seemed very disorganized Arrived late as there were multiple delays.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  3 April 2012 by Steve Thomas   (Canada)

Hamilton to Cancun. After a smooth and easy check-in, we boarded early, had a smooth flight with friendly staff and reached Cancun early. The return journey was just as good with arrival in Hamilton earlier than scheduled. I am 6 ft tall and the seats were comfortable. I purchased food before my flight. CanJet was a welcome relief from my usual cattle wagon Euro experience and I would not hesitate to fly with them again.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  21 March 2012 by K Schaefer   (Canada)

Scheduled to fly out of Kelowna to Cancun for a 7 day vacation. We had a 15 hour delay due to mechanical problems with plane missing a full day of our vacation. They have revamped the seating in the 737 to cram more people in. Being 5ft 3, my knees touch the seat in front of me, if they reclined the seat you wouldn't be able to move your legs at all. For a 5 hour flight that is far too uncomfortable. Another money grab is booking your seats ahead of time. If you book an exit or bulkhead you will be paying an extra $45 a person, window an extra $20 per person.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  21 March 2012 by Mark Rein   (Canada)

15.5 hours late leaving Kelowna to Cancun. Plane supposed to leave at 11.15 pm, we left at 2.45 pm the following day. No explanation given and it certainly wasn't due to weather. Check-in was disorganized and understaffed in Kelowna. Seats very cramped, food typical airline food.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  19 March 2012 by Jackie Jones   (Canada)

Very disappointed in return flight from Cancun to Victoria on March 3rd-4th. Sat in airport 5 hours waiting for flight - nobody from the airline would say there was anything wrong. Finally bussed to a hotel and given a meal and a room for 3 hours which stretched into 7. Bussed back to the airport where we had to wait until 6 am before we could even have coffee. Staff onboard were excellent although they forgot the custom declaration forms and the duty free cart.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  14 March 2012 by Joe Huard   (Canada)

Ft. Lauderdale FL to Toronto. I guess CanJet only has one gate in Fort Lauderdale because when we flew in a week earlier we had to sit on the tarmac for an hour. On our flight home, they had no water so could not make coffee or tea. They had no water for the bathrooms and only one worked in the back of the plane. They ran out of food and the air vents did not work at my seat. Staff did not seem to care about anything.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  1 March 2012 by Helen Winn   (Canada)

Check-in was excellent and flights on time. Aircraft very small and cramped and the service very slow. We were in the air almost 2 hours before we received any refreshment. The first priority of the crew was to distribute immigration forms then spend the next hour assisting passengers with questions regarding the forms. Finally something to drink, then dinner - once they cleaned up the meal I asked for a drink. I had to wait because they were now doing water service, is this something that cannot be combined with pop, juice and any other beverage service. I paid too much for too little.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  11 January 2012 by Nancy Ralph   (Canada)

Went from Victoria to Puerto Vallarta and back. Great flights, both ways on time. Meals pretty decent, good movies, friendly staff - no complaints.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  5 January 2012 by Colleen Parker   (Canada)

Punta Cana from North Bay, ON. Dec 26th. Delayed over 26 hours and did not reach our destination until late Dec 28. Flight crew did the best they could but the experience for the 180+ passengers was a nightmare, spending 17-20 hours waiting either in the plane or the airport. Food on day one consisted of breakfast at supper time, lots of on and off the aircraft, meals off the plane paid for by passengers themselves. Luckily we did eat when given the chance since there was no food available on the plane on the way down unless you'd paid for the comfort kit. Not impressed one bit!

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  7 November 2011 by Marsha Stock   (Canada)

Toronto to Peurto Plata return. Pleasantly surprised by the "welcome" sparkling wine, then dinner accompanied by wine. The food was excellent and flight attendants friendly and attentive on both flights.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  26 August 2011 by C Fernandes   (Canada)

YYZ to PUJ. The flight overall was pretty good - considering its a chartered airline and the fact its all Economy seating. Toronto to Punta Cana, we had to wait 20-30 mins for the runway to open in the morning. Service was good, cabin crew friendly and approachable. On the return it was my cousins birthday and they announced it over the system, my cousin was very happy. Before we reached Lake Ontario, our captain announced because of thunderstorms we may have to land in Buffalo, the captain kept us informed the whole time and we managed to get into Toronto.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  23 August 2011 by Y Vazq   (Canada)

Toronto to Puerto Vallarta. Extremely uncomfortable seat design, there's no way a larger-taller could fit. First flight, staff were rude and disorganized, there was a long line up to access the only one working washroom, and they were asking people line up only in groups of 3. TV system didn't work properly, they turned it off without warning. Second flight, staff were better, they were polite with a good attitude. Bathrooms worked but were filthy and strong smelling. We were disappointed.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  6 June 2011 by Donna Parker   (Canada)

We were very impressed with Canjet on our recent flight to Cancun, Mexico. Very friendly staff and nice clean plane. The only complaint was the food - nothing to rave about.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  21 May 2011 by D Magwood   (Canada)

Calgary to Cancun and not overly impressed. We left Calgary over an hour late due to a mechanical issue. I have never had such a rowdy group of passengers before - intoxicated travellers were continued to be served and they were also playing their own music loudly in the aisle across from me. Trip back was from Cancun to Edmonton to Calgary left over an hour late from Cancun - again due to mechanical issues. I had asked for my headset - 4 times - and finally received it, but she wanted to charge me $3 - it was no charge on the way up. Why the inconsistency? She just shrugged her shoulders. We arrived in Edmonton and had to wait another 45 minutes due to another mechanical issue - not impressed! We did receive a hot meal, but why not serve a cold meal of better quality instead? Seats extremely cramped and so uncomfortable. If the person in front of you puts their seat back there is so little room left.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  20 May 2011 by R Feist   (Canada)

Edmonton to Cancun with my wife and three others. Pre booked our seats and had no problem at checkin. Flight left on time and got into Cancun 30 min early. Service was great, hot meal, pop, water ,wine and if you needed more, it was available for a charge. The crew was very friendly and helpful. B737, so a bit small, 3x3 seating, but it was clean. Seats okay a little narrow but comfy. Return on time, great service and movies both ways. Overall very pleased with the planes and service.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  28 April 2011 by L Stewart   (Canada)

Flight delayed in excess of 11 hrs from Comox to Cancun. Confirmed booking of a nonstop flights. Flight stopped in Abbotsford both directions. Over service of extremely disruptive intoxicated passenger while the rest of us could not get even a glass of water from the very rude staff. Return flight also delayed at least 1 hr. Will never recommend this airline.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  27 April 2011 by L Silva   (Canada)

My family and I flew to Holguin, Cuba with CanJet Airlines, a great experience. This was our first time flying on CanJet and very impressed. We too received a free hot meal, free champagne welcome and free glass of wine with our meals. The flights attendants were friendly and would use Transat Holdays and CanJet again.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  1 April 2011 by Lynn Macaulay   (Canada)

My daughter and I travelled with Can Jet from Comox to Puerto Vallarta return. We were very pleased with the service, meals were good, plane was clean and staff were very pleasant.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  27 March 2011 by J Bowler   (Canada)

Victoria to Puerto Vallarta. Seats were fine, but seat pockets to stash things into were very poorly designed - you could drop something in and not be able to retrieve it. Hot food and drinks were provided - comparable with other airline food. The movies were played on the old- school shared screen, flight attendants were polite and friendly. A much better charter experience than we've had with other airlines, although obviously it depends on the individual flight and the passengers!

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  16 March 2011 by B Johnson   (Canada)

We received free hot meals, champagne toast and wine with the meal. The staff were great - the thing I would change is the seat comfort. They don't have PTVs like Air Canada but you can bring your own stuff or watch the overhead movie they play.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  10 March 2011 by S Goebel   (Canada)

Flight from Comox to Cancun delayed 11 hours and the return flight delayed 1 hour. Not weather related. Seating extremely cramped. Food awful. Staff served alcohol to already inebriated passengers. Will never fly this airline again.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  2 March 2011 by C Wiebe   (Canada)

Kelowna - Puerto Vallarta return, departing flight left 2 hours late. On the day we were set to return to Kelowna we were picked up as scheduled and the flight was delayed over 2 hours bringing us close to midnight. We boarded the flight and were pushed away from the gate only to wait on the tarmac for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes we returned to the gate, had to get off the plane and pick up our bags and wait 60 minutes in front of the Puerto Vallarta airport. We were then picked up by buses and driven to the Sheraton for an enjoyable 3 hour nap before returning to PVR. The reason provided is the Mexican authorities would not give permission to depart PVR as the airport closes at midnight. My research has shown this airline consistently arrives late and pushes the midnight closure rules in PVR and this time my guess is the Mexican authorities had enough. I have flown Canjet 4 times and each time they have disappointed.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  28 February 2011 by K Clarkson   (Canada)

Return flight from Holguin, Duty Free was not offered because bank machine was not working, Canjet never announced this while passengers were still in the terminal and could have at least purchased Rum & Cigars. Flight out delayed by 2 hours. Plane was poor, equipment in bathroom not attached to the wall etc. Family returning from second week in Holguin last night were delayed by 2.5 hours. Canjet's slogan should be "We'll get you there eventually".

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  28 February 2011 by M Petersen   (Canada)

I traveled with my husband and two friends to Puerto Vallarta from Kelowna. The plane delayed for over an hour, no reason given to us. The first issue was the TV/Movie service was not working. After many failed attempts, they just shut it off without even giving the option of watching the flight details/status. After boarding, extremely cramped seats, it was approximately 2.5 hours before they began meal service. It was extremely slow. I asked for a glass of water to eat my meal with and I was told I would have to wait about 20 minutes. The meal was about enough food to fill a small child. About 3 hours into the flight, we were finally offered the option to purchase alcohol. We asked for 2 mini bottles of vodka and were told we could only purchase 1 per hour and that drinking was "a privilege." (although we were paying $6 per drink and did not get offered a chance to buy any until the 3rd hour of a 4.5 hour flight.) My friend asked the attendant if there were comment cards. He was told "yes, and we have them for guests as well!" The staff was rude and unprofessional. A very disappointing flight experience and I will never fly with Can Jet again!

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  24 February 2011 by David Hostettler   (Canada)

Ottawa to Cuba return. Great times, staff very easy going ensuring everything was okay.

CANJET AIRLINES customer review :  16 February 2011 by C Martin   (Canada)

Vancouver to Ixtapa, Mexico. Booked direct flights both ways, but there was a stop in Manzanillo on the return. Plane was the most cramped I have ever been on - could hardly fit bag under seat. Also, uncomfortably hot in cabin on both flights. Flight crew was either inexperienced or unorganized - long time to get drinks. Passengers were told to keep and re- use their glasses to be eco-friendly - I overheard a crew member say that the plane had not been stocked properly. Passengers at front of plane were finished their meal before the ones in the back had even received their meals. Reason stated - kitchen malfunction.

1 2 3

CanJet Airlines Reviews and CanJet Airlines Passenger Opinions about CanJet Airlines standards