Cambodia Angkor Airlines Reviews Cambodia Angkor Airlines review Cambodia Angkor Airlines Product Service

Cambodia Angkor Airlines Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Add your Cambodia Angkor Airlines Review

Cambodia Angkor Airlines Star ranking

Cambodia Angkor Airlines
7.3 out of 10  7.3 out of 10

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  9 October 2014 by MJ McCarthy    (Australia)

Saigon to Siem Reap, A321 Cambodia Angkor Air aircraft. I flew Cambodian last year from BKK to REP and found them an excellent airline, that being said this September when I flew SGN to REP I was quite disappointed. The flight was delayed without notification which is ok but not ideal. The problem was the aircraft. It was a very old A321 leased from Vietnam Airlines and the interior was sparse to say the least. My exit row seat was broken. The button to shift the seat back was actually detached from the armrest and was hanging down by a couple of wires near the ground. The TV's for the safety video were the style that lowered from the ceiling and then went back into place as the flight departed. The only problem was that they didn't work and the safety video was audio with no visual. Ok so its an old plane, still no problems. However on a 1.5 hr flight to REP no food or drink, not even water was offered. This is different to past experiences and I felt for the 180 USD one way flight for 1.5hrs even some water would be appreciated. Unfortunately this airline seems to be on its last legs and I wont be flying them again, shame I used to like them.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  29 September 2014 by M Bates    (USA)

Flew from Phnom Penh (PNH) to Siem Reap (REP) on Cambodia Angkor Air. The flight left on-time but the airplane said "Vietnam Airlines" on the outside with a VN-B210 registration. The Flight Attendants were Cambodian but this was very confusing for passengers.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  12 August 2014 by G van Beers    (Netherlands)

Made a flight from Siem Reap to BKK. Left half an hour too late because a stewardess was delayed. At arrival she made no attempt to hurry and walked to the plane at ease. Because of the delay we were just in time to catch our connecting flight. Unfortunately our suitcases didn't.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Bassett Kevin    (Australia)

10/5/14, BKK-REP. We all stood in the hot crowded bus for 28 mins before getting to plane. I could see at least 3 phones and tablets in use as we took off. At least 4 people moved from their allocated seats prior to take off. Pax next to me had an oversized suitcase on his knees for flight duration intruding on my space but making an effective emergency exit problematical. A significant percentage of pax got up out of their seats after landing while the seat belt sign was still illuminated. Plane looked clean. Snack served was very nice. I know that Australian airlines are very good and strict with safety and protocols but I witnessed enough glaringly obvious departures from international best safety aviation practices which would make me seriously reconsider flying with the airline again.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Rodrigo Molina    (Australia)

I flew from HCMC to Siem Reap and return, both were a quiet flights, better than I expected, although I only received a bottle of water, but I guess it is usual on short flights like this one. The crew were very friendly.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  29 April 2014 by N Brown    (Australia)

Sihanoukville to Siem Reap - uneventful journey in an ATR72. The only catering was a bottle of water. The flight had been scheduled to go via Phnom Penh with some down time on the ground but in the event, the flight was direct - meaning we arrived a couple of hours earlier than expected. The tickets are very expensive for the short distances and equivalent bus fares, but flying is much quicker than land travel in Cambodia. You pay your money, you make your choice.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  20 April 2014 by J Bear    (USA)

Flying round trip from PNH to REP. E-mailed me few days before that 6 am return trip (REP to PNH) was cancelled and rebooked me to 12 pm flight. I e-mailed back to say that flight didn't work because of a connecting flight at PNH and asked for alternatives. They changed my outgoing flight time (PNH to REP) instead to earlier flight. Rebooked me back on 6 am for return flight. Arrived at airport at 4.30 am. Flight was cancelled.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  9 January 2014 by J Taylor    (UK)

Definitely an airline to be avoided whenever possible. First time I flew with them from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh in the morning and they sent me an e-mail only the previous evening to tell me that my flight would have been delayed by 1 hour. Definitely worse was the second time, when I had booked a morning flight from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City. Arriving at the airport, I found out that the flight had been cancelled without anyone warning me in advance, and I would be moved to the next flight to HCMC, leaving 8 hours later. Consequently, I lost my connection flight to Phu Quoc and had to fly there the day after. Definitely not recommendable, particularly if you are planning connections.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Rob Bennetts    (Australia)

Flew Siem Reap to Sihanoukville on 8 December. Flight was slightly late leaving but the ATR 72 was clean and comfortable. A small snack box was served and flight attendants were friendly and polite. A very good flight.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  12 November 2013 by John Bauman    (UK)

Arrived at BKK Airport for flight to Siem Reap having checked with the airline that morning to ensure the flight was on time. It was, but once at the airport - it wasn't. The flight was cancelled. Advised an e-mail had been sent to me the day before advising of such. Funny that none of the other 5 persons checking in had received an e-mail. Advised I would be put on the late afternoon flight but after a conversation they transferred me to a Bangkok Air flight, escorting me to their desk and securing my boarding pass. Returning from Phnom Penh all went very smoothly. Good crew, clean Airbus and snack meal. No complaints there.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  16 October 2013 by M Shah   (Kenya)

Siem Reap to PNH. Was a quick flight with good service. Crew were professional and friendly. Check in was a bit slow. Boarding was efficient and we took off before ETD. 40 minutes later landed in PNH. Baggage took around 10 minutes to come out.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES Customer review :  30 September 2013 by J De Bruin   (Netherlands)

Bangkok to Siem Reap and vice versa. Great experience. Nice crew, snack box handed out and a comfortable, clean atr plane. Would fly with them again since they are much cheaper than the competitors on the same route.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES review :  23 September 2013 : by Alain Kupferman   (Thailand)

Flew from Bangkok to Siam Reap on ATR72. Good snack for such a short flight, friendly crew, very low prices (much lower than the airport taxes), clean planes, all on time, with arrival ahead of schedule, to be recommended.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES review :  23 September 2013 : by K May   (USA)

I'm sitting at Bangkok airport writing this review. Cambodia Angkor canceled our 11am flight a couple of days ago and rescheduled us for a 3pm flight. So that meant an extra 4 hours sitting in the airport for us (we were coming in from another flight). But then they canceled our 3pm flight and put us on another company's 5pm flight. So all in all, a 6 hour delay because they couldn't sell their tickets. Praying they don't cancel our return trip. Overall, it's a cheap flight, if you ever get to your destination.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES review :  28 May 2013 : by Chea Kok Ou   (Cambodia)

Flew from BKK to PNH, It was a pleasant flight with a new aircraft and warm hospitality of cabin crews. Went beyond my expectation!

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES review :  25 April 2013 : by Nick Benfell   (New Zealand)

Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap with Cambodia Angkor Airlines. Plane was an A320 which was new or refurbished. We enjoyed the flight and have nothing but praise. Plane moderately full, comfortable as planes go and service was very good. As we were on a tour cannot comment on price of seats etc. No issues with overhead locker space etc.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES review :  8 January 2013 : by R Davidson   (UK)

SGN-REP. Short flight on ATR 72 turboprop plane. Brand new with comfortable seats and excellent service. No food but bottles of water handed out. Would recommend.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES review :  4 April 2011 : by B Landon   (UK)

PNH to REP. Only a short hop but great little carrier with new aircraft pleasant service and good quality snack.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES review :  11 November 2009 : by David Chase   (USA)

SGN-REP on new A320. Boarding was easy, inflight service excellent. My only negative issue is when I was booking the flight online, I had to buy a business class ticket as it showed no coach availability. Imagine my surprise when boarding to see only about 40% of coach filled.

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES review :  11 November 2009 : by Michael Guarna   (Australia)

Flew Siem Reap to Phnom Penh on the ATR72. Be warned as a backpacker (or anyone who travels with carry on luggage only) that the overhead compartments fit nothing much bigger than a handbag. So you'll be nursing your bag under your feet or on your lap for the flight. The way the seats are constructed (2+2 layout) also means you can't stow your bag under the seat in front in the window seats. Not sure how well maintained the plane is either, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best really. Luckily, this flight is a very short one and landed quite early. Captain and cabin crew very friendly and free drinks served on a very short 30 min flight, a welcome touch in the hot humid weather. The flight did have something i haven't experienced on a plane since the 1980s - the distinct smell of cigarette smoke!

CAMBODIA ANGKOR AIRLINES review :  5 September 2009 : by Shane Tarr   (Thailand)

This is the latest in attempts by Cambodia to establish its own airline but this time round it is jointly owned and probably effectively managed by Vietnam Airlines. I flew on its ATR-72, one of the oldest of such models in operation and clearly a plane "leased" or "lent" by Vietnam Airlines, from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh return. The flight from SGN had 10 passengers and the return flight from PNH 5 passengers but apart from very small passenger numbers nothing to complain about apart from price (lowest R/T fare is US$211 for a 35 minute flight but does not include US$25 passenger service charge ex PNH). CAA also has a A-320 at its disposal and its flights cvan be booked and paid for on Vietnam Airline's quite user friendly website.

PAGE:   1 | 2 |