China Southern Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read China Southern Airlines Passenger Reviews and China Southern Airlines customer trip Reports

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by L Liam    (USA)

Beijing to Guangzhou on A380. The ground service at PEK was quite good, the plane was large and boarding was done in an orderly manner, better than other previous CZ experiences. Staff were good and helped passengers when in need. However, they still need to improve the pronunciation of their English. Overall, quite a satisfying and enjoyable experience but not perfect.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  7 October 2013 by A Oliveira    (Portugal)

Guangzhou-Amsterdam Schipol. When it came time for aperitifs to be served, I asked for a tonic gin, as usual, which was refused as they do not offer this. Nothing was served with the drink. I asked then for red wine as aperitif. It was served half a cup of wine. About 50 minutes later the meal was miserably served. About 30 minutes after the food, the dinner drinks came. Breakfast before arrival at Amsterdam composed of, again, chicken noodles. Later some kind of bread, but nothing to put in it, not even a small packet of cheap butter. During the night service, nothing but water, no coffee available. It has been the worst flight I had, with a disgusting service.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Sandra J Christian    (New Zealand)

Auckland to London, business class. I'm more than pleased, for the price I paid it was a lot cheaper than other airlines. I had a flat bed which once I had eaten the 7 course meal, which was very good , I got my pillow and quilt and slept for 8 hours in comfort. Flight attendants were very friendly and helpful. The only downside was the inflight entertainment, not much in English.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Moskovitch Itay    (Israel)

PVG-TPE route. Plane was an A321 and looked pretty old. I've never taken a long haul flight with them but the short routes are always the same - not a lot of room between seats, poor meal, crew don't smile very often and the worst thing - my flight was delayed in 1.5 hours and no announcement was given. The only reason I use this airline is their membership in Skyteam.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Brian Clark    (New Zealand)

Travelled business class from Auckland to London and return. As value for money, unbeatable, less than the premium economy of other airlines by a considerable margin. As business class seats go, not the best design, but at 6'4" my concern is just the ability to have space and I could lie flat. If you want extensive wine lists, and Michelin-starred food, maybe you will try another airline, but food is adequate and staff attentive. But if you are paying your own fare, as I was, and your key priority is space, comfort and privacy, and you watch your dollars, go to it! I certainly will again!

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by P Jones    (Vietnam)

Flew from SGN-CAN-XIY and all flights were disappointing at best. Poor service, terrible food, old and uncomfortable aircraft. I had to constantly remind staff and argue to get my Skyteam Elite Plus privileges, their lounges are terrible with instant noodles and the like on offer. No inflight entertainment to speak of - even their inflight magazine is exclusively in Chinese. I would never chose to fly China Southern again. Awful.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Robert Smith    (Australia)

I was booked to fly Sydney to Amsterdam last month via Guangzhou and Beijing with admittedly tight connections but travel.com who I booked through assured me they would be ok so imagine my concerns when I arrived at Sydney Airport to find the first leg was already delayed by one hour which in turn resulted in my missing the Guangzhou to Beijing, Beijing to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Birmingham connections (the latter I'd booked through KLM). The most frustrating part of this whole saga was finding someone at Guangzhou and Beijing Airports who could speak proper English and explain to me what was happening, they put me and a few others up in a hotel in Beijing and collected us at 6am the following morning. Then had to hang about for a few hours to see if I could be transferred to a KLM flight leaving later that morning, what a relief when I got a seat on that plane and all the flight attendants spoke English and with a smile! I missed my connection to Birmingham and had to pay again and eventually arrived in Birmingham some 12 hours late. The biggest problem I found was the lack of English spoken which surprised me but the service generally on all China Southern flights was poor with hardly a smile from anyone plus the food was very ordinary, beer and white wine came warm, the entertainment unit was not working on the first leg and although available on the next leg was nearly all Chinese. Flight information was non existent and we were never told what the local time was as we arrived at each Airport.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Yvette Humphries    (USA)

26 Aug 2013, CAN-LAX. The meals and entertainment are excellent on A380 although it was a long journey. AVOD is excellent. The attendants were friendly and helpful. But I have to say the attendants should improve their awful English skills since they could not understand English-speakers sometimes. Price level is fine and worth the flight.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by M Towner    (Australia)

We took the maiden flight of China Southern Airlines Boeing 787 out of Heathrow to Guangzhou. I have never seen a cabin crew work so hard and cheerfully as on that flight. The food was very good especially breakfast and drinks adequate. I would not hesitate to fly China Southern Airlines again.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Kevin Li    (Australia)

I've flown this airline numerous times. Return from Sydney to Guangzhou, Melbourne to Guangzhou, Guangzhou to Shanghai. The most disgusting aircraft's are their A320s. But I like the A330s from Sydney and Melbourne to Guangzhou, and the Boeing 777s from Shanghai to Guangzhou. Overall, it's fifty-fifty.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Ron Mundy    (Australia)

Arrive from London into Melbourne on 17th, first leg from London to China ok, 787 seats ok but nothing great. Flight from China to Melbourne, male staff members were rude, wouldn't give choice on food, just put it on your table, when asked what choices there were, were told that is it. The female attendants took over and supplied the different choices. The toilets were a disgrace, soap had run out, and not kept clean. We have travelled on different Chinese airlines many times, but this last leg of the China Southern flight to Melbourne was the worst.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Sarah White    (Canada)

Vancouver to Guangzhou was unacceptable. No entertainment on a 12 hour flight. The food was horrible. The staff had poor English skills and they woke me up during drinks. The value for money was a waste. The seats were uncomfortable. I will never fly China Southern again.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by B Bevan    (New Zealand)

Flew business class to London in June and back to Auckland in Sept. All flights were on Airbus 330-200 with the latest lie flat seats, Staff were pretty efficient although English not great but then my Chinese is non existent! Aircraft's were new and in good condition, toilets clean etc. Staff at the halfway mark there to guide us through and Business Class lounge in China is pretty good with OK food although the showers were out of order on return trip which was a pain as there is a six hour stopover on the return leg. My first excursion on Business class and at only $4200 nz it was well worth it! Would not hesitate to use this airline again. All flights were on time or early. Cant do better than that!

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Sean Hotter    (Australia)

We recently returned from the long haul flight from Australia to London on China Southern. Overall I would recommend China Southern to others but it would not go without a warning about the customer service. At times it may just be a message lost in translation but I got the impression the staff did not enjoy serving patrons and were quite unfriendly, especially to English speaking persons. Often felt that I was putting the staff out if I asked for a drink or something.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax