China Southern Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read China Southern Airlines Passenger Reviews and China Southern Airlines customer trip Reports

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by C Hood (Australia)

We flew Premium Economy from Perth to Vancouver, very good value compared to other airlines. Good to have a bit more legroom and separate, more roomy cabin. Food OK. Our only complaint is the entertainment system on the Guangzhou to Vancouver route. The choice of channels is very limited, couldn't really work out what was on and when, and screen very small with too much reflection, so just gave up and tried to sleep, looked out the window, walked up and down to the galley or spied on other travellers that had their own entertainment on their laptop/ipad. Bit frustrating on a nearly 13 hour flight. The Perth to China flight entertainment was much better as there are movies on demand.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by G Tanner (UK)

Out of LHR to CAN on 24 Dec and returned on 1 Jan 2014 on the 787 dreamliner. Quite a surprise, we booked B/C seats not knowing what to expect and were surprised. Flight very comfortable, no problems at each end of the trip. Will use again if we need to travel to China.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by S Russell (UK)

Flew LHR-CAN and CAN to HKT and back November 2013. Aircraft B787 and A321, economy. I am an experienced long haul traveller, and bought this ticket because it was 200 cheaper than the average fare. After purchase I read the reviews on here, and was regretting my decision. Well, perhaps it's good to have low expectations, because I was thrilled at the quality of the product for the price. In the past 2 years I have flown with Emirates, Qatar and British airways to Thailand. The comfort of the seat and flight experience was as good as both BA and Qatar (I still prefer Emirates A380). The cabin crew were efficient and professional (maybe not as many smiles as some other airlines). The Inflight entertainment was perfectly OK (not quite as large a choice as others). The only thing that was not as good was the food, however I found it edible and served in a timely manner. Would I recommend? Well I'm flying the same route again with them in 10 weeks, so yes.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Ang Beng Chin (Singapore)

Singapore to LAX with a transit at Guangzhou airport. We were rather pleased with the service and food provided. There was a long queue for the toilets on the leg from Singapore to Guangzhou and vice versa. There were only 2 toilets in the. economy cabin. But they were clean. The leg space was Ok for us. I am of medium height. The only issue was the transfer at the Guangzhou airport for the flight back to Singapore. I was on a wheelchair. The service of the aerobridge was not provided. The passengers needed to board a shuttle bus and then walked up the steps to the plane. The staff at the airport actually asked if I could climb up the bus. After some delay, they finally carried me in the wheelchair up and then down the bus. There was a hoist to transfer me up the aeroplane. I felt that the airport staff was not sure how to handle such 'handicapped' cases. They needed to be briefed and trained.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by P Ede (UK)

Heathrow to Perth, 9 Dec, returned 29 December via China. Heathrow to China leg was on the Dreamliner. The most uncomfortable trip we have had. Very hard and cramped seats. Trims falling off. Seemed like a mountaineering exercise to get out of the window seat and into the aisle. I still had aching legs two days later. However, the flight from China to Perth was completely different and was a pleasure on a different aircraft. On all flights the food was good, staff pleasant, only the plane itself let them down. The airport was fine, but food/drink very expensive and very difficult to get served. Take some instant coffee as hot water and cups are available and we were unable to get hold of a cup of coffee - gave up waiting for nearly an hour to be served. Will choose another airline next time, purely because of our Dreamliner experience. This is a shame as we had a hotel in China due to a long layover which was well organised, a good hotel with very reasonable restaurant.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by A Willix (New Zealand)

Travelled from London to China then China to Auckland on 26/12/13, both flights were on the Dreamliner. We were traveling with our children 1 and 3 yrs old, we booked these flights 4 months ago and seats. When we boarded the plane we were given seats in the middle of the plane - rows 34, we were meant to be in row 31 as that's where families with babies go as you can put Bassinet onto wall there. Instead there were two men sitting in those seats, I asked stewardess why we weren't in those seats and she said she would look into it. My partner had to hold our 1 yr old all the way to NZ!

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Jiashan Cui (UK)

18/12/2013, CZ346, from AMS to BJS return. I am a CZ gold member (elite plus) and have always taken their flight in past few years. Staff are very friendly, but food has been downgraded. Their price is the best of all airlines, so I have no complaints. A330-200 with fully flat beds gave me very good rest both ways. I never use entertainment system, so no comment on that.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by P Dewhirst (Australia)

Cheap but will never fly with them again. New planes however, none of the staff speak English, they only serve warm beer or cold red wine. They don't serve diet coke, coke zero or mineral water. They left us on the tarmac for 2.5 hours without any explanation of the delay or what was happening. Going via China from Australia to LA added an extra 8 hours to the trip and the cost of a coffee at the Chinese international airport was 23AUD.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Wang Gang (USA)

I've taken China Southern several times in the past. June 2013, I traveled from U.S. to Dalian. I took CS Air as the domestic flights within China, between Beijing and Dalian. The ticket was very reasonably priced. The inflight service was professional. Aircraft was an Airbus-320, a bigger model than I expected for a 45-minute flight. The overall trip was pleasant. I highly recommend CS Air for travel within China.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by D Kenny (New Zealand)

Travelled AKL-CAN-LHR-CAN-AKL, Business class. For what we paid absolutely no complaints. All CZ staff attentive and willing to please. Every flight was early. Can thoroughly recommend them. Sure their English isn't the best but they certainly try to accommodate you and nothing is too much trouble. Lounges all good. Transit in Guangzhou a breeze. Will fly with them again in the future.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by D Lazenby (New Zealand)

I flew with China Southern from Auckland to Guangzhou, then onto Amsterdam. I got what I paid for at NZ$5040 return so was extremely happy. If I'd flown with Air New Zealand I would have paid over $10,000. I don't need someone to wait on me hand and foot, all I want is a comfortable seat. My flight on both legs was late at night so I didn't eat onboard. Both ground staff and flight crew were helpful. I would definitely use them again. All flights were on time and arrived early.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Jeffrey Daquigan (Canada)

Flew from Vancouver to Singapore with stopover in Guangzhou, and return. I will never fly this airline again. Maybe it was a language barrier, but I certainly felt my family and I as well as non-Chinese passengers did not received the same pleasant service as Chinese passengers. Food and drink service seemed very random and disorganized. They often skipped passengers when offering beverages, and the flight attendants seemed to be bumping into one another while serving. Food wasn't the best, but I can't complain as it's Economy airline food. Plane was old and outdated. TV screen was grainy, and the complimentary headsets did not work. I wasn't aware that "Airplane Mode" on a cell phone was prohibited, I complied, however they should have enforced all other passengers with this rule as I had counted 5 other passengers breaking this rule in plain sight of the flight attendants. We only had an hour stopover in Guangzhou to reach our connecting flight, however missed it as the flight was delayed and as we disembarked from the plane onto the tarmac and had to wait 10 minutes for a shuttle to take us to a different terminal. There wasn't any priority for those that were connecting, The three things that were positive was that we arrived at out destination, they did not lose our luggage, and I was pleased with the airline with the Hotel arrangement during our missed flight in Guangzhou.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Peggy Liong Poi Yee (China)

I'm a gold member for the China Southern Airline Sky Pearl Club and I always thought that it was one of the most highly rate airlines in China especially in the last couple of years. Unfortunately, my recent experience on flight (CZ3460) from Yunnan to Shenzhen on November 30, 2013 has completely changed my perception. There was a 6-hour flight delay due to undesirable weather conditions in Kunming, Yunnan. The flight was able to take off later that afternoon but were astounded by the incident that happened after the flight landed at 7.05pm at the new Shenzhen Airport. As passengers were disembarking the plane to board an airport bus transfer back to the main terminal we were asked to board a bus that had no driver. Flight crews boarded their own coach and left all other passengers standing beside the plane, for 20 minutes we were left waiting. We do understand that the new Shenzhen Airport, only days after its official opening, were not functioning in perfect order. Thus, explained the missing driver? Furthermore, its irresponsible for the China Southern crews to just leave all passengers unattended on the ground.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by C Walsh (Australia)

Flew SYD-CAN-SHA on CZ302 (A330, overnight flight) and CZ3523 (787 Dreamliner, morning flight), 23-24 November 2013. The China Southern websites (they have multiple) are pretty hopeless, I was not able to book through any of them when I bought my tickets in August so had to go through a travel agent. After getting my e-ticket issued at the start of November the websites did not allow me to check the flight details online. Some of the China Southern websites had nowhere to find the info at all, while others simply rejected the various codes I had been given to enter. In terms of the flight itself: Left Sydney just a few minutes late and got to Guangzhou 25 minutes early. Flight from Guangzhou to Shanghai landed 30 min early. Seat comfort was quite good, at least on par with most other airlines. Service was not the best I've experienced but staff are pleasant and generally friendly, and the food was good by airline standards. Value for money is fairly good. The checked baggage allowance (2 x 23kg bags) is generous and applied all the way from SYD to SHA. Overall it's good value. There were no problems with the cabin crew's English on either leg except that one or two announcements were quite hard to understand. Finally, transit at Guangzhou airport was quite efficient with lots of staff around to help out with directions. Due to early arrival there was a longer than expected flight and no shops were open until about 7am so you couldn't buy anything unless you had small change for the vending machines. Overall, decent flights at a good price.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax