China Southern Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read China Southern Airlines Passenger Reviews and China Southern Airlines customer trip Reports

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  13 June 2013 by B Johnson    (Australia)

My husband and I flew Perth to Shanghai in March 2013. Trip up was fine but coming home the flight was delayed from Shanghai for 2 hours. When we finally boarded we sat on the tarmac and when they brought the food carts out we realised we were not going anywhere in a hurry. We finally took off only to arrive in Guangzhou 5 minutes before our connecting flight to Perth was due to depart. China Southern sent us to a hotel for 2 days. When we finally left for Perth we were on a flight that had 45 empty seats in front of us and they would not let us move to be able to have more room. Beware they may be cheap but you get what you pay for!

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Chih Loo    (USA)

Kuala Lumpur to Huntsville, Alabama. Counter at KLIA (Malaysia) would not allow me to check my luggage to the final destination. I had to re-check my luggage at the Delta counter at LAX. I have flown many times from KUL to HSV, almost all airlines except China Southern allow me to check my bags to the final destination, all I have to do to is claim the bags at LAX, clear customs, and then simply drop the bags at the counter after the custom, no need to re-check. If I had known this, I would have flown with another airline. When I flew from HSV to KUL, I was allowed to check my bags from HSV to KUL.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Simon Wandowski    (China)

Shenzhen - PuDong, June 7 2013. Airbus A321. On this flight, I had the impression that the overall service is getting better. Staff very friendly, English ok. One flight attendant offered me an English magazine as she saw that I was looking at the Chinese flight magazine. I did not try the food, but what I could see looked not too bad. What would you expect from a 2 hour flight on a fare of around 40 Euro? Overall I am satisfied with the service, especially on the route Shenzhen-Shanghai and back. I had a similar impression on the return flight 2 days later.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Janny Doffino    (USA)

Beijing-Amsterdam. Have flown many times with CZ345 to Amsterdam to make a transfer. Staff at Beijing airport were very helpful and helped me to deal with my luggage. Overall, the flight is worth the price.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by J Kelly    (New Zealand)

Auckland to London and back again. This was very much value for money but I do have a few gripes. I was told that I couldn't sit in the emergency exit seats because I don't speak Mandarin but I did see plenty of what appeared to be native English speakers in the seats when the plane took off. I'm 6ft 3ins tall and on the Heathrow to Guangzhou leg, my knees were up against the seat in front even before the person in front reclined his seat. Anyone over about 5ft 10 needs to ask for seats in rows 41-37, these seats have the same leg room as premium economy without the inflated price. Not much choice for English films and they didn't change on the way back despite the inflight magazine saying that they had. I agree with other people that the staff's level of English is poor, this needs to be addressed if they are seeking to get a bigger share of the European market. That said, I did have the lounge in China both ways which was great even though I was only flying economy. I have flown with Singapore, Malaysia, Air New Zealand and Emirates in the past and would certainly use China Southern again if the price was right, this time I paid $1800 all in.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Edward Paull    (Australia)

We were on our way home after a fantastic Wendy Wu tour. Boarded in Beijing and sat on the tarmac for 3 hours because of a storm in Guangzhou. When we finally arrived we were just in time to see our flight to Sydney take off. China Southern Airways put us in the worst hotel for the night, out in the middle of nowhere. If I could have got a taxi I would have happily sat in the airport overnight. Shame on China Southern for finishing a superb holiday in this fashion.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  31 May 2013 by De Haan    (Netherlands)

Guangzhou to Chengdu. Plane delayed 7 hours and cabin crew did not do anything about it. No apologies, we only got a bottle of water and some biscuits. Communication was very bad. Cabin crew only spoke Chinese and we therefore did not know what was going on and after asking them they could not help us. Plane was very old and there was very little leg space.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2013 by Narendra D Shetty    (India)

Zhengzhou to Bangkok via Guangzhou on 28/05/2013. No whiskey only red and white wine. No food. Chicken mentioned in the menu but no chicken. First I was told that there is no fish also but it suddenly appeared after I made a noise. I asked for a complaint form. Nothing happened for some time. Then the Captain arrives and sits next to me with a sheet of paper saying that I could mention the problem and he would translate into Chinese. I said no and that I would fill it in myself. After some time a red coloured printed sheet was brought out. Cannot understand a word of what is said in English.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2013 by William Vandermeer    (Australia)

Recently traveled to China and back to Melbourne. We can recommend this airline, very obliging crew that gave a good service. Returned in the new A380 aircraft, very comfortable.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Craig Brown    (New Zealand)

Recently flew Business Class, Auckland to London and felt that I had experienced two different airlines. Whilst the Auckland to Guangzhou flight was in the evening I thought it rather strange that we were offered pyjamas on the daylight Guangzhou to London sector. Amenities offered were of a higher standard. There was a definite lack of a drink service being offered on both sectors. A drink menu was however provided on the London sector and when I did ask for a G & T the hostess returned to advise this was unavailable! I was offered a rum and coke instead. Just wanting a drink I did say yes. This was presented to me in a cocktail glass with a cherry. One could only laugh. All in all the staff were pleasant but a definite lack of the English language unfortunately which did make it a bit frustrating at times. The crew however were always courteous. Ample food was supplied and on two occasions we were offered soup which was great and served hot. I also had one of the best steaks I have ever had on an airline. I felt a better selection of movies and entertainment could be offered. Might be the IPad on the return flights. The Business Class seating configuration was 2x2x2. If travelling by oneself I would definitely suggest the middle row of 2 as both seats are aisles and this avoids climbing over somebody. The seats were lay flat for sleeping and I thought they were very comfortable. All in all for the extremely good fare I paid my major priority was a flat bed product and this was achieved. On arrival in Guangzhou I was meet by a CZ ground staff member and escorted to the transit facilities and then to the lounge. Very impressed with this service.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Krishan Lal    (India)

Travelled in Economy class from Delhi to Los Angeles on 24th. May2013 by CZ-3028/CZ-328. Indian Vegetarian meals provided did not include bread and one had to ask for it, though butter was part of meal. There was no choice of alcohol. Further though I had booked seats 2 months in advance, I was not given a choice of seats. There should be some consideration for Senior Citizens. I had asked for a wheelchair for my wife, but was not provided for transfer at Guangzhou airport. Further there was no elevator for passengers arriving by CZ-3028 from Delhi to climb to 1st floor.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Qin Yanjun    (China)

Flight CZ321 from Guangzhou to Melbourne on 13th of May. My first time choosing a business class seat. The flight took off on time without any delay, arrived in Melbourne 10 minutes early. Flight attendants were kind and very helpful and provided meticulous service. With the help of the earplugs I fell to sleep quickly on the comfortable seat. Dinner and breakfast delicious. They also provided a wide selection of entertainment. Good value for money.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2013 by Jayson O Ragasa    (UAE)

Flew last month from Dubai to Manila via Guangzhou (return). Amongst all other airlines flying from Dubai to Manila, China Southern Airlines offered the cheapest ticket at that time. Flight attendants were like robots. It's as if they were not interested or happy with what they were doing. Some were a bit rude. They were always in a hurry to serve food. The blanket offered to us on our flight from Dubai to Guangzhou was not sealed in plastic, I felt it was the same blanket that was used by the passengers from the previous flight. Overall, you get what you pay for. Cheap ticket equals cheap and substandard service. I will never fly with this airline again unless I really have no choice.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  23 May 2013 by N Hai    (Australia)

Sydney to Taipei with overnight stops in Guangzhou both ways. All flights on time. Seats were comfortable with plenty of leg room. The seats had a footrest but no headrest. No back seat screen, recently released films were shown on drop down screens throughout the cabin. Great service by friendly and efficient flight attendants. Food was good and plentiful, drinks were served cold and ice was available. All in all I was very impressed with China Southern and would definitely fly with them again.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2013 by Li Xiaoqin    (Australia)

13\5\2013, CAN-MEL, CZ321, Seat 47k. Food quality, taste, quantity and presentation excellent. Wine selection was ok. Cabin and toilets were clean throughout the flight. The purser offered a personal introduction. Flight attendants were jolly and engaged passengers. Another excellent trip on China Southern!

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by J Hodge    (UK)

LHR-PER, May 2013. Booked CZ as they were GBP 200 cheaper than other airlines. Was worried after some of the reviews I read but the experience was good overall. All flights arrived on time. New airbus A330-200 on all legs. AVOD system pretty good, enough to keep me entertained without getting out my iPad. Food was standard airline meals - in economy its never going to be amazing but was sufficient. Seats comfortable enough. Crew sometimes slow to respond to attention calls but plenty of self serve drinks at rear of plane. Transit at CAN is not the headache some reviewers make it out to be. Plenty of CZ ground staff there to help. Overnight stop in Guangzhou on return, CZ provide accommodation for transit over 8 hours. Good 4 star hotel with buffet breakfast. For the price I'd definitely use them again, only complaints are drinking water on board aircraft was always warm and some announcements were hard to understand.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2013 by K Stanbury    (UK)

My wife and I recently flew with China Southern from London to Auckland NZ. We chose CS because of their very competitive price and were delighted. Modern, well equipped planes, polite, professional staff, and decent food. The icing on our cake was our 7 hour interconnection at Guangzhou, when we were offered use of the Business Class lounge, with comfy chairs, warm showers, excellent food and quality (Chinese) wine - all for free! We've flown LHR to AUK many times and this was easily our best experience. We shall most certainly fly China Southern again.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  16 May 2013 by A Harvey    (New Zealand)

Travelled recently Auckland-Guangzhou-London, return. While this trip was very competitively priced, and we were quite happy with the level of seat/bed comfort, we were disappointed with the English language skills of the cabin crew, who were very willing to be of service but often simply couldn't understand us. The meals were interesting and generous in quantity, but there was virtually no choice of alcohol with our dinner and it wasn't offered until we asked. There also seemed to be no comprehension of a simple western breakfast: muesli, yoghurt, fruit and a hot cup of tea or coffee. But our biggest complaint was that on the leg from Guangzhou to Auckland, the business class cabin was full of men who coughed, burped, snored, sniffed and hoiked into their napkins, to the extent that even with ear plugs firmly in place, we could not sleep. Dreadful.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  16 May 2013 by B van Sante    (Netherlands)

Hanoi-Amsterdam via CAN in biz class. Though booked in business class first part of flight was seated in economy comfort/plus as first 2 rows were First Class. Lounge in Hanoi old fashioned style but friendly staff and enough variety in food/drinks and free wifi. Upon arrival in CAN greeted by ground staff and taken to lounge as we had a long layover. Lounge itself in CAN is great and offers showers/buffet restaurant/loungers/sleeping accommodation. Onboard A332 with 4 classes, service was good and a full dinner and breakfast service was offered on this 13hrs flight. Seat was full flat/180c. There was also a dutch native flight attendant around. On the negative side, selection of wine was really bad and welcome drinks consisted of orange juice/apple juice and water. Did not see any Champagne at all neither in lounge or onboard. Menu was offered upon embarking but after taking dinner and breakfast order taken away again.It did not mention drinks either. this seems strange. Comfort kit nice and had a good sleep. IFE very limited. All in all if you see a good deal then for sure you have value for money. FB miles received within 2 weeks.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  15 May 2013 by Steven Cao    (China)

Shanghai Hongqiao-Guangzhou return with fairly new A330-300, touch-screen AVOD is excellent! Lots of the latest movies even for a 1hr 45 minutes domestic flight. 1hr delay for both ways due to aircraft late arrival. Cabin crew quite young and unprofessional but polite anyway. Food awful and tasteless.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by J Curtain    (Australia)

Xian to Chengdu, 11 May. Nice modern 737. There was a delay of over 30 minutes. They served some water and a small sandwich while we waited. Once the aircraft departed there was no service at all. Most of the staff stayed seated until the plane was due to land. There was no food or drink served. Not even water. Not really good enough for a 4 star airline.

Taipei To Guilin, 1 May. The service was quite good, as was the meal, although it was quite small. There was no IFE, which was a pity for an international flight of nearly 2 hours. The 737 was new and well maintained.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by Raymond Xie    (Australia)

Flew CZ325 from Guangzhou back to Sydney on 9th May 2013. The whole crew were friendly, I seated in 37K. One of the passengers in front of me had a heart problem and crew reported to the purser, the purser seemed experienced, broadcast for a doctor on board and stayed with this passenger. He was very professional. Food is ok but not brilliant, inflight entertainment could be better. I am an elite plus member with skyteam and a frequent flyer. Would fly again.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Lorenzo Cheung    (Australia)

Domestic flight in China from Harbin to Beijing. Booked the ticket at noon on the day of departure. I still got 20% off the price. The service was ok, the dinner was awful as usual. Chicken rice and beef noodle. Airbus A320 is kind of new, but it has no individual entertainment system, just a few common used televisions over our heads. Barely nobody watch that. The whole flight was average.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  11 May 2013 by H Truong    (Australia)

Round trip Melbourne - Guangzhou - Melbourne. Leg room is good. However, service is bad. The airplane equipped with some big screen TV (not individual LCD like other airlines) with no sound and you have no choice but to watch their chosen programs. However, on my trips the TV was not working. When we complained to stewardess, she acknowledged the problem but did nothing to fix it. Not even an apology. No music channels provided. On the food front, if you are Asian, then you will get either rice or noodle automatically (unless you complain and request Western food). It also the only airline serves beverages that are not chilled. Even beer is warm. I don't think I'll fly with them again.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2013 by G Huang    (Australia)

One of many business class trips made on China Southern. I must say that the seats on business class are of old design and not as comfortable as some newer designs since it cannot go to 180 degree as yet. The cabin crews were friendly as usual, but you can also sense some are really inexperienced. Overall, all my flights total 4 of them, being Melbourne - Guangzhou, Guangzhou - Beijing, Beijing - Guangzhou and Guangzhou - Melbourne were all on time. I was happy with the experience.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2013 by Nick Parkes    (UK)

LHR-CAN-AKL. Flew both directions Business Class in March 2013. New A330s with flat bed. All flights were extremely comfortable and landed ahead of schedule. As 3 flights were overnight I didn't bother with the IFE too much. Bed was comfortable so I slept most of the time. Disappointed the in-flight map only worked on LHR-CAN flight but that's just something I like. Staff were very courteous and I didn't experience any particular language problem. Food was plentiful. After a couple of flights it was easy to pick and choose the courses you wanted. Service in Guangzhou in both directions was great. I was met at the door of the plane by airport staff, marched through transit and within ten minutes was sat in the business lounge, which I found pleasant and uncrowded. Plenty of relaxing chairs. I will definitely use them for the Australia/New Zealand run again just for the out and out comfort of the seat/bed alone, not forgetting the unbeatable price.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2013 by Marianne Linn    (Australia)

Two flights - Tokyo to Guangzhou and Guangzhou to Sydney. Although limited movies this was easily overcome by bringing an ipad. The food was equivalent to airline food, pleasant but not great. The staff were very helpful and courteous at all times. I would book again.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2013 by T Jaeger    (Australia)

Flew Sydney to Guangzhou return in economy. Flight leaving Sydney and Guangzhou about 30 mins late. Food was notably better out of Sydney (OK) than Guangzhou (Terrible). However, both ways, the food was not hot (just lukewarm). Out of Sydney the hostess served me coffee in a plastic cup, rather than in the coffee cup on the tray (odd). It appears on flights to and from Australia they have employed 1 native English speaker as cabin crew. The cabin crew friendly and reasonably efficient. The cabin (A330) was not well maintained. My seat on the return leg to Sydney was broken and the bathrooms were the dirtiest I've seen on my travels. Entertainment is very limited (bring your own). While my review appears mostly negative, I think they do offer value for money.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by Z Zhen    (Australia)

The ground staff were very attentive at YVR Vancouver airport. YVR-CAN-PER went very well. The lounge at YVR was okay as was food. Boarding efficient. Chief Purser in flight was also very friendly, attentive and patient on board.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  18 April 2013 by Sunguo Hao    (China)

Shenyang to Guangzhou and Guangzhou to Sydney, February 2013. Overall excellent value for money. Flights were on time, along with my bags, food good and service attentive although English language not always good. IFE poor. Transfer in Guangzhou not that easy: Outbound took 2.5 hrs to get short stay permit to transit for 19 hrs but then taken to Pullman Hotel which was great. Return flight permit no problem but transit hotel was Good East which was dreadful so spent most of the time in the business lounge which was good. Seats spacious and comfortable - converts to flat bed.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Leslie Lau    (Hong Kong)

CAN-CDG and LHR-CAN in Business Class. CAN-CDG on an A330-200, not new but properly managed. Business class seats are not fully lie flat but angled flat beds, and a bit small to me. When I boarded, the cabin crew greeted me. Service was attentive, and they kept refilling my glass. I reserved a special meal and it was good. As we all know the in-flight entertainment of CZ isn't that impressive but I have my Pad. Good Skyteam transit experience in CDG for my connecting flight to CPH, but the AF lounge was packed! LHR-CAN on another A330-200. Not full again so it was another quiet trip, food was good and service was still great. Again, return from China to Europe (including a round trip ticket to CPH) in business is the cheapest ticket I can get, CZ might not offer fancy in-flight entertainment nor great food like CX or TK, but they offer you a comfortable seat with great, attentive service. I will definitely travel with CZ again in future.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2013 by Anthony WU    (New Zealand)

Premium Economy from CAN to AKL return. Leg room in PE cabin is more than adequate. As both flights are over-night flights (more than 11 hours flying time), extra leg room can make your journey a lot more comfortable. Check-in in CAN is a bit chaotic as CZ did not use the air-bridge. However, in AKL, it was much nicer and organised. Priority boarding offered to PE customers. Average IFE (Limited choices of English movies and the selections are not on par with SQ, CX, NZ and the like. However, the system is more than adequate for a Chinese-speaking traveller as the choices for him/her are sufficient). Catering onboard is acceptable. No English announcement from the Captain/First Officer. English skills of the cabin crew need to be improved. Overall, two pleasant flights with relatively cheap price. I would recommend CZ if the quality of IFE is not on your top list when you travel.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2013 by R Sharp    (Australia)

SYD-CAN-LHR in Business class. SYD-CAN on old A330-200. Business class seats are not fully lie flat but angled flat beds. China Southern should really deploy newer aircraft's, like the A380 or new A330 on this route. When my wife and I boarded in SYD, we were met with an Australian flight attendant who greeted us in very good English and showed us to our seats. Service was excellent, flight was not full in business class. Extra blankets given and my wine glass was never empty. Food was average, but dinner was also provided in the lounge. Dessert was terrible but fruit platter was a nice touch. CAN-LHR: New A330, 2 small business class cabins, separated by lavatories and galley gave the feeling of intimacy and privacy. Lie-flat seats were very comfortable. AVOD was good with 7 English movies and different TV shows. Service on the London leg was terrible, no Australian cabin crew and only Chinese crew, their English was bad and their service seems pushy and rushed. Food was inedible. The beef was overcooked and my wife had prawns that were not at all appetising. CZ has a long way to go before they can be called a 4 star airline in my eyes. They should have more English speaking crew on flights and should provide lie flat beds in business class, but then again, $4400 return in business is the cheapest ticket I have found so far to London so I would definitely recommend them for this reason!

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2013 by J Muller    (Australia)

Flew MEL - CAN - KTM return. As per previous reviews, CZ lacks inflight entertainment. Took IPad with movies, so no problem. Overall service was good, food is a little bland, however, flight attendants were relatively attentive, with plenty of drinks on offer, particularly warm water(?). Flights were all on time and planes were relatively new.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2013 by R Cleary    (USA)

Shenzhen to Shanghai. Check in at Shenzhen smooth as usual, friendly and efficient. Lounge is available and acceptable. Hot Food and Drinks, as well as wifi and English Newspapers. Flight was delayed due to ATC in Shanghai. No announcements in English, even though half of the flight were westerners. Once on board, the seat was like a rock. Not comfortable at all, but at the end of a long week, I just wanted to get to Shanghai. Flight attendant provided great service, food choices were good and filled the void. Drinks and dessert were of good calibre. Good value for the money for flights in China.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2013 by M Wu    (Taiwan)

Shenzhen to Taipei. At airport, check-in and security-check was fast, the international terminal is small but nice. All flights were boarded by shuttle bus. The plane was an A321 and the premium economy class is good. Perfect legroom and helpful staff. Food is pretty good, but there is seldom choice for drinks.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by T Foecke    (China)

Shenzhen to Beijing. When it looked like a delay was possible, they arranged for us to move to another gate where a back-up plane was ready. I was greeted by name by flight attendants. One even stopped to give me a small Chinese lesson so I could order my food in Chinese! I found the food simple but delicious. At check-in, a young lady directed me from the general area to a special lane for Sky Priority members, which I had forgotten. The check-in was very fast, and there is a special line for security as well, which was nice.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by A Hilton    (China)

Beijing-Amsterdam-London. The seat of economy class is comfortable ,which i think is the most creative part of the fight. In addition, the staff on the plane and the girl who checked in for us are very nice. But the entertainment on the plane is a little monotonous.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by W Segato    (China)

Shenzhen-Hangzhou-Shenzhen in First Class. Checkin very fast and staff helpful. CZ lounge very nice and quiet. Priority Boarding perfect. The crew speak good english. Comfortable travel at a great price. Food and drinks delicious enough.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  22 March 2013 by G Stabler    (USA)

Business class to Singapore from LAX. My recommendation is to select even number rows to avoid being disturbed by people passing by. The seats are poorly designed and obvious wasted space for reading materials should have been used for added comfort for the passenger. The extra pillow can be used to soften the side area and asking for an extra blanket can add softness to the hard seat. The video selection is limited and food selection is poor. The stewardess did not appear to have a working system and my partner received her food much later than us. We booked mainly because of the price and have decided to pay the extra money for now on to get the quality we want. We will not use China Southern based on lack of comfort and poor food quality.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  22 March 2013 by N Salmon    (Australia)

MEL-CAN-LHR one way. Took a punt with China Southern as their business fare was cheaper than Qantas Premium Economy. First leg was full including some fellow passengers who thought nothing of changing their trousers in the cabin - perhaps a cultural thing as attendants didn't seem fazed. Seats angled flat and shabby with material hanging off but comfortable enough for a few hours sleep. Transfer in Guangzhou involves clearing immigration though the personal escort through this and into the lounge is welcome. Lounge lacks the finesse of some more established carriers but perfectly acceptable. Second leg only half full - premium economy cabin behind us had only one passenger - with fully flat beds and much improved all round comfort. Food plentiful and served with care though, as mentioned before, the crew's language skills could be better. Entertainment was the only real let down with limited choice and the airshow maps weren't working which you don't miss until you don't have access to them. Recommended? Yes at this price?

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  21 March 2013 by Y Pang    (Australia)

HAKóCANóMEL economy. I have flown China Southern twice, and knew their seat was a little narrow and uncomfortable. When I arrived the check-in counter, I told the staff that I want a front seat and special meal in my flights. I could not believe that I got the first row aisle seat and successfully booked my special meal. If they can maintain the level of their service as this time, I will continue to fly with them in the future!

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2013 by Angus A McDonald    (Japan)

Osaka (Kansai) to Guangzhou (Baiyun). Airbus A321 from Osaka to China in business class. A smaller plane with older type business class seats but very comfortable for a short international flight of under 4 hours. Flight attendants were polite, and the food was excellent. Guangzhou (Baiyun) to Auckland. Airbus A330 from China to Auckland in business class. Superb flat reclining seats (not angled like many other airlines). Nice thick blanket and fluffy pillow. I could get a great nights sleep on this overnight flight to New Zealand. Dinner and breakfast served. Both of which were were delicious. Flight attendants excellent. Their business class fares from Japan were very cheap and I definitely got my money's worth. The China Southern lounge in Guangzhou was nice. Food, drinks and seating were all up to scratch.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2013 by Hans Joachim Renner    (New Zealand)

Auckland-Beijing-Guangzhou-Amsterdam return. Aircraft was very nice, the cabin crew, although with very limited English were polite and helpful, the Ground support was atrocious, as was the communication between CS and the passengers re: timing, giving instructions, and advising the delay of flights. We were delayed, missed a connection, were flying business class, and ended up sleeping in a terminal in Amsterdam, we had no idea the flight was late until we arrived at the next check in gate. Had left 1.5 hours between flights - not enough. On the return, luckily we arrived at the airport 2 hours before departure, it took 1 hr 45 mins to get the boarding passes. We were advised that we needed a VISA for Australia, although were only transiting 45 mins in Melbourne. This took 1 hr 45mins to resolve.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2013 by Graham Paremain    (Australia)

I have flown China Southern twice now to Nanning from Brisbane, I was happy with the service, and the international flights, but twice now, on leaving Nanning they change the return flight times - very frustrating. I had booked premium economy and ended up in economy for the flight to Guangzhou. If I had not had local help I don't know what the outcome would have been. I like the airline but their chopping and changing is a nightmare for the international traveler.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by H Yuqiao    (China)

Guangzhou to Qingdao, flight delayed about 45 minutes due to military exercise. Cabin crew professional service on board, comfortable travel at a great price. Especially food, delicious noodle. The entertainment facilities are poor.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2013 by F Li    (China)

I must give praise to China Southern Airlines. CZ351 from CAN to MEL, spacious aircraft was very welcoming. The flight crew's superb service, food and drinks made the trip enjoyable. China Southern Airlines is highly recommended.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2013 by Oliver James    (Australia)

Flew Sydney-Guangzhou-Paris-Madrid-Amsterdam-Guangzhou-Sydney late last year, predominately with China Southern, but with an occasional flight with partners. Incredibly cheap, you do however get what you pay for in many ways. It really is a back to basics airline. Most flights did not have individual TV screens, but only overhead screens, although they did play pretty good movies. Seats surprisingly comfortable and somewhat better leg room than other long haul economy. Food basic, yet tasty and quite palatable. The staff are overwhelmingly Chinese, but skills in European languages (or at least English and French) are quite basic, enough to get the drink you want, but a woman near me seemed to find it quite hard to communicate her query about transfers in Guangzhou. Altogether I'd say the trade offs are well worth the price savings to be made, a good but basic experience for a great price.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2013 by B Keating    (UK)

LHR-CAN-MEL. The Skyteam lounge at T4 was uncrowded and the food available (at 1900) exemplary. Not too sure this would be the case at KLM/AF rush hour though. A330 Business seats are fully flat to CAN and the meals are excellent. Service, albeit with language difficulties, were friendly and helpful. The problem arises at Guangzhou if you are in transit. One has to enter China in Immigration terms which can be a lengthy process. They must have lessons on this from Miami Airport, where I will never ever transit again. If you are in Business the Ground staff ensure you are met on arrival of the aircraft and shepherd you though to the Business Lounge. Next sector to Melbourne, same aircraft but slide flat seats, the service level and meals still fine. Media ok if you like Hollywood blockbusters, I just slept all the way.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2013 by H Wang    (Netherlands)

18 December 2012, Amsterdam to Shanghai. I fly frequently with China Southern. The price is always good and the flights are on time. Attendants are polite. Although I was bit late for boarding, they gave me very good guidance in the cabin. Since the overhead bin was full around my seat, they helped me put my hand luggage in their special overhead bins and let me know where they put it after the takeoff. The attendants walked around offering drinks and helping with blankets while most passengers slept. The inflight entertainment system was not that good in comparison. The movies are not up-to-date. For such a long flight, I think the entertainment system is important. I recommend China Southern for its value of money and good service from attendants.

Shenyang to Beijing, then Beijing to Amsterdam. The crew were kind and helpful. I was impressed by the way they treated the economy class passengers. However, the inflight entertainment was not that great. I will fly with them in the future.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2013 by J Chang    (Canada)

We travelled from Vancouver, Canada to Hanoi, Vietnam and back from Phnom Penh, Cambodia to Vancouver in January/February 2013, both in transit through Guangzhou. The portions to and from Vietnam/Cambodia from Guangzhou weren't too bad, but the flights from Guangzhou from/to Vancouver, BC were terrible, just like the previous poster Mary Martin said to and from SYD. The attitude of the air hostesses on these routes have to be improved! They practically threw the food tray at passengers.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  6 February 2013 by R Cleary    (USA)

1-18-13, SWA to HKG. I have never had a problem taking China Southern. Attendants are friendly, courteous and always helping passengers, as most of those that fly CZ seem to be first time fliers. As a DL Platinum member, I am able to board early. Stow the luggage, get my book and sit back and watch the calamity. Passengers, even though given a boarding card for a seat, choose where ever they like. As the flight fills up, those passengers seated in the wrong seats refuse to get up and give the seat to the passenger assigned. Shouting matches, shoving and rude gestures usually follow and the calamity goes on. The flight attendants have their hands full and do the best they can. Flights are on time, food served is decent, drinks are fine and the AVOD, on in country flights is usually in English, with Subtitles. Attach your noise cancelling head phones and drift off. Pricing is right and the service level is fine.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  5 February 2013 by Mary Martin    (Australia)

Travelled twice in 4 months with family of 4 from SYD-LHR return due to sick relatives. Chose China Southern purely on cost. Terrible both times, never again! Staff surly and unhelpful. Very poor English spoken in economy class service. Inflight entertainment SYD-Guangzhou - no individual screens. Very poor choice of non Asian movies on China-UK legs. Food inedible, practically thrown at passengers, often no choice available. Service very brusque, collected trays a few minutes after giving them out. Even beverages were awful - soft drinks from large bottles, warm and no ice available. Very little alcohol, tiny glass of wine. Flight from SYD- Guangzhou arrives very early morning in China, around 6 am. Terminal very cold with rats running around under the seats! Toilets very dirty and smelt. Very difficult to find out how much in advance for additional bag.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2013 by R Cleary    (USA)

1-15-13, SHA-SWA, Economy. The flight was on time and full. Flight attendants were very friendly and courteous. They even acknowledged the Elite Plus Members by bringing them water, in economy. Food served was hot and tasty. Showed a movie in English with subtitles. Even thought it was an outdated aircraft, the attendants made up for that.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2013 by Michael Davis    (Australia)

SYD-CAN-CDG, return, January 2013. Flew Premium economy and you get what you paid for. These flights were $800 per person less than QF economy. CZ websites states you will get, 40% additional leg room which was true. Superior cabin service (noise cancelling headsets, blanket, pillow, fruit and premium wines was false. Superior Amenity Kit - true, exclusive check in - true, extra baggage allowance - true. Entertainment SYD-CAN-SYD - no entertainment on A330-200. CAN-CDG-CAN - on demand, good choice and family friendly A330-300. Meals - Plentiful and filling and better than most. Premium Cabin was half full and before take off we spread out, we had extra leg room and 2 seats each on 3/4 of the legs.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2013 by Tyler Durden    (Australia)

Flight from Melbourne to Guangzhou China had no TV, an older plane and bad leg room. Transfer to Paris with same airline had newer planes with TV, comfortable seat and better leg room. Likewise on the way back. Beside the airline I will never do a stop over through China at any cost.

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2013 by Jeff McClintock    (Australia)

Melbourne to Dhaka via Guangzhou (return). Have flown to Bangladesh on every possible airline, but China Southern is my new favourite. Pleasantly surprised by all aspects - service, food etc and $500 cheaper than the others. By far best connections too (2hrs outbound, 3 hrs return).

China Southern Airlines Customer review :  22 January 2013 by Jackie Goss    (UK)

London Heathrow to Melbourne via Guangzhou. Leg from London to China was on a new plane, with seat back screens, attentive and helpful staff. The meals are bizarre - my favourite was the meal of hot spicy beef noodles served with croissant and jam. Leg between China and Melbourne is a much older plane, with TV screens showing the same 2 films on loop. Staff on this leg were much more abrupt and less eager to help. Loo's got very horrible on this leg. The seat comfort and size (economy) were same as any other long haul cattle class. For the price, we were expecting far worse, but to save a pound or two (or three hundred in fact) this was not a bad experience.