bmi British Midland International Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Check bmi British Midland International passenger information in our customer travel guide

bmi British Midland Economy class seat reviews

New short-haul Business class seats comfortable

bmi British Midland Ranking

Good Business Class arrivals lounge at LHR

bmi British Midland Lounge Reviews

Angled long-haul A330 business class seat

bmi British Midland Aircraft Seat Plans

Complimentary meals available on all flights

bmi British Midland Business class seat reviews

30kg economy hold baggage allowance on mid/long haul flights

bmi British Midland Passenger seat tips

31 inch Economy Class seat pitch onA330's feels cramped

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  30 April 2011 by Simon Target   (Australia)

They are the most mean spirited airline - just charged us 12 euros for checking in luggage in Berlin that was 1kg over the 20kg limit (on a flight that cost 250 return). No excuse that we had come from Australia or that we had a different allowance on the trip over from London, just unfriendly and mean.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  30 April 2011 by R Sacks   (Ireland)

Business Class from LHR to Freetown was just awful. I changed Seats twice as they were broken (would not recline). Then the TV would not work and headphones were partially working. Dinner was good but the snack was a wrap in a cardboard box. For 1,000 each way this is very, very poor.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  23 April 2011 by Dave Houlihan   (Saudi Arabia)

Whats happening with BMI since LH took over! Diamond club used to be excellent for customer service, now it's no email, and then I called the UK three times or so I thought, to be put through to India to someone trained like a robot to give yes/no answers. I have sent 7 emails to different Depts there to see if anyone can help - not one reply. I frequently fly with star alliance adding my miles onto my BMI account, recently as is the usual to present my BMI diamond club number at booking, at check in and nothing gets added - so normally email the boarding cards etc. Some get added, some don't I would be gold member by now if they actually bothered to add my miles. Now I believe I have to post the tickets etc to the UK! What decade are these people living in? I live in the middle east, its's hard enough to get post here never mind send it!

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  18 April 2011 by David Worcester   (UK)

LHR-TXL Business return. Swift check in and security. Lounge soup and sandwiches okay. Gate close to the lounge but when they say boarding what they really mean is let's get you to the gate and wait for 15 minutes. Onboard service good, choice of 2 main courses. The same on the return. Senator lounge at TXL very quiet and landside so allow enough time to get through security and passport control. BD848 is operated by an Embraer 145 so you are bussed at TXL and LHR.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  18 April 2011 by A George   (UK)

London-Beirut return. Day before travel received a call saying that the outbound flight had been cancelled. Was re-booked on a later flight, thereby causing us to lose our first evening in Beirut. But at least we were upgraded to Business Class. 48 hours before the return flight, I received an email from BMI saying the Beirut-London flight had been cancelled. At this time I was in northern Iraq on a mobile phone. It was very difficult dealing with a call centre in - I think - India. Initially, they insisted that it had not been confirmed that the flight had been cancelled - despite the earlier email! At length, they re-booked us on an earlier flight. As a result, we lost a day in Beirut. On checking in for the earlier flight, I asked for an upgrade by way of compensation. This was refused. The check-in girl claimed (falsely, I believe) that upgrades could only be done from London! This was the first time I'd used this airline - and it will be the last time. It seems to cancel its flights rather routinely, giving passengers almost no time to make alternative arrangements. And it seems not to care about the disruption its cancellations cause to passengers' travel/holiday plans.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  16 April 2011 by David Worcester   (UK)

LHR-AMM-ADD Business class return. Check in at premium desk a breeze, as a Gold card holder I would have the seat next to mine blocked off. BMI lounge very busy but managed to find a seat - soup and sandwiches fine. Pre-take off drinks, followed by amenity kits and menus. Lunch was good, apart from not getting a starter of choice because they served from the back of a full business cabin. Cabin Supervisor apologised for the starter fiasco. Amman layover was hampered by sick children having to be offloaded and bags found so there was a delay. AMM-ADD new crew and a nice supper served.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  11 April 2011 by Peter Bornholdt   (USA)

My wife and recently flew from Los Angeles to Tehran via London. The London the Tehran portion was operated by BMI. 2 days before our flight we were informed that the flight would leave earlier from London and therefore we had to reschedule our LA to London flight in order to make our connection. When I asked for an explanation I was told the plane must make a stop in Yerevan to refuel. This happened on our return leg as well. The plane refuelled in Prague which led to us missing a connection in London. When I asked why they don't inform their customers of the need to refuel they told me that they don't even know themselves until the plane is about leave! Obviously they know ahead of time that there is a chance they may need to stop for refuelling which then affects all the connections in London. I could not believe the arrogance of the staff in London when I asked for an explanation. They just didn't care the half the plane missed their connections.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  8 April 2011 by P Casey   (UK)

LHR-DUB. 2040 flight delayed to 2200. Previous flight had been cancelled. Little information from bored and tired-looking staff. Aircraft clean and tidy. Cabin crew a mix - some hard working but inexperienced, older crew member was attitudinal and invisible for most of the flight. Only real plus is no charge for hold luggage.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  1 April 2011 by George Paulson   (UK)

Our plane made unscheduled stops in Armenia and The Czech Republic to refuel to and from Tehran, without informing of this beforehand. My wife and I missed both connections on each leg of the trip, not even an apology was given. Don't fly bmi to Tehran!

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  15 March 2011 by A Hijmans   (Brazil)

LHR-DUB 2hrs delay due to technical problems and change of aircraft. Cabin clean, staff friendly, flight non-eventful.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  15 March 2011 by Jeremy Bancroft   (UK)

I booked a return business class ticket with BMI to Qatar (codeshare Qatar airways). I arrived at LHR to be informed that BMI had cancelled my reservation without informing me. I was left by BMI to sort this out myself, and had to buy another ticket at the airport from Qatar Airways (who were brilliant in this matter). A week later my colleague was flying the same route, and again despite a confirmation from BMI found his reservation had also been cancelled without notification. I called BMI and they told me that they would not be able to help. Again, Qatar Airways were brilliant but it took me over an hour on the phone from Qatar to get this resolved. BMI stinks! Do not ever book a ticket with them if you expect to travel.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  3 March 2011 by Anne Budd   (UK)

ABZ-LHR. Had to fly BMI because of the Star Alliance with Singapore Airlines. BMI cancelled our Saturday morning flight from Aberdeen with no explanation given and as a result we incurred unexpected additional expense as we had to fly a day earlier. Interior of aircraft tired and frayed. Was quite astounded when I had to pay for my G and T. Crew were pleasant. This is the first time we flew ABZ-LHR with no service and no frills. Could not take our flight bag onboard because of the cramped interior and were worried in case it got lost. Very dissatisfied and disappointed with this airline and would not use them again.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  1 March 2011 by M Preston   (South Africa)

LHR-THR Economy. At check in I was advised by helpful agent there would be a stop in Baku for refuelling. Apparently this is routine at either Baku or Tbilisi on either or both legs, as Iran will not provide a full fuel load in retaliation against EU sanctions against Iran. The flight information does not warn that there will be, or may be, a stop. I think it should, particularly as there is a risk, as happened on this flight, of a delay in the arrival time. In addition, this flight carried passengers to Baku as the airline's earlier flight had been cancelled. A number of the passengers onboard complained, some quite rudely, to the cabin crew about this. The cabin crew were polite and patient in explaining, several times, what had happened, and handled it well. The seating was adequate for a flight of this duration, with footrest, cushion and blanket provided. Food was better than many airlines economy offering and overall a satisfactory experience.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  28 February 2011 by E Pragnell   (Australia)

During the recent Cairo unrest my daughter was refused checking by BMI staff on the basis she was not a British National. She was not alone. I wrote to BMI seeking an explanation. BMI response was a letter stating that due to heavy workload resulting from the snow storms in December, (two months earlier) they would not be investigating the matter. I have never been so badly treated, and feel dismissed and angered by this non response.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  24 February 2011 by A Clarke   (Ireland)

LHR-DUB. A lot of passengers nearly missed the flight due to the screens in the terminal saying it was delayed by one hour only for the departure time to go back to the original at the last minute. Then with all the delays finding passengers the flight was running late only to be told we'd have to sit there and wait for 15 mins. Ended up taking off at the original delay time. Two different reasons given which was a bit odd. Comfy seats but an astonishingly bad menu selection.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  9 February 2011 by Patrick Jordan   (Ireland)

DUB-LHR-DUB Economy. Bmi do not charge for checked in luggage which is a major plus. The service on board is basic but friendly. My only criticism is that the catering menu is restricted to drinks and snacks. I would gladly pay for a sandwich or wrap.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  4 February 2011 by D Sun   (USA)

Freetown to London LHR, Economy Class on A321. The flight was badly delayed when FNA airport employees (not BMI) crashed the air-stairs into the side of the plane. I missed my American Airlines connection in Heathrow but didn't know I should have gone right to the BMI connections desk. They just kept re-booking me on later flights until I finally figured it out! They even found my suitcase and got it to Boston with me. On-board service was fine, though it was 400am by the time we departed, so I slept through most of it. But, the ground crew at LHR really deserves a big hand.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  25 January 2011 by S Scott   (UK)

LHR-GVA-LHR. Quite impressed by this charter service operated by BMI on behalf of Mark Warner Holidays. Inflight service much better than what you normally get on an BMI scheduled service, however I suspect this was stipulated by Mark Warner and not BMI. Complimentary hot breakfast served outbound and hot lunch and bar service served inbound. Crew friendly and professional on both flights.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  21 January 2011 by Jim Reid   (UK)

LHR-EDI-LHR, lounges now much better but not as good as BA at LHR. Short flights but good service, like they were actually trying. Spot on time both ways so no complaints.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  11 January 2011 by M Aldhahri   (Saudi Arabia)

LHR-RUH return. That was my first and hopefully last journey with bmi. The seat was uncomfortable, small and very hard to control. The crow didn't provide enough pillows and blankets especially inbound and when we ask them they just say sorry we don't have any more. The crew were unfriendly, just drop the meal on your table and when ask them for a bottle of water they found another bottle besides me and they said you already have one. I asked them for some ice and they said it's not in my trolley at the moment, sorry! My entertainment system was broken outbound. If it was cheaper I would accept their behaviour but unfortunately it's one of the most expensive airlines to middle east.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  4 January 2011 by K Murray   (Ireland)

LHR-DUB. I flew BMI during the Christmas snow disruptions. Overall I felt BMI and their staff did the best they could for all passengers in difficult circumstances. Ultimately they got me from A to B after a some significant delays. The inflight and ground staff were as helpful and courteous as possible given the circumstances.

bmi British Midland Airways customer review :  17 December 2010 by C Jensen   (USA)

LHR-RUH. Reservations made on Continental Airlines website as this leg was part of a larger trip. Transfer from Terminal 4 to Terminal 1 after arriving LHR from the US. Check-in at the bmi counter smooth. BMI lounge was quite nice. There was a discrepancy between the boarding time on the ticket and on the screens (gate was not given on either). Ultimately, I ended up running to the gate thinking that I was in jeopardy of missing boarding only to find that boarding had not even started. When boarding began there was no real separation between business and coach passengers even though business class passengers were invited to board first. A330-200 business class cabin feels extremely spacious as the seat pitch is about 80 inches, seats are lie-flat and able to sleep well. IFE only adequate (also I was in seat 1A and had a smaller than usual screen). The flight attendants were excellent. The food was very good. Overall, a very good on-board experience.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8