British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

LGW - Paphos, 4th June. Check in and fast track security was very easy and we were airside within 5 minutes. As we were flying at 2.45 we decided to have some lunch in the lounge. The lounge was busy but there was still plenty of space to relax. The food options were poor to say the least with soup, sandwiches or ham salad being the only items on offer. My wife who is a vegetarian was not impressed as she had to make do with an egg mayonnaise sandwich. Having been told when we checked in that the flight was 'bang on time' the screen informed us at 2.05 that we should proceed to gate 101. After a 10 minute stroll, we arrived at the gate to be told there was a delay to the flight. Why on earth this information could not have been passed through to the lounge is a mystery. No pre flight drinks were offered and we eventually took off about an hour late. Pre lunch drinks were served after 40 minutes and then lunch about 30 minutes after that. The crew were very nice but rather stressed and mentioned that the plane (737-400) should not have been used on this route. My wife had pre ordered a veggie meal that was not loaded on the plane, but the very nice but stressed FA said she could have hers. It was a nice gesture but my wife felt slightly guilty about taking it, although she did and enjoyed her meal. I was told that there was only one option left for me and I could have Kedgeree or Kedgeree, so that's what I had. It was OK but not particularly hot. Arrived at Paphos about 45 minutes late with our priority luggage being in the last 6 cases to arrive on the carousel. Overall the flight was just OK although if it had not been for the excellent cabin crew it would have been disappointing. My wife did receive an email from BA within 2 days of our arrival, saying they had let her down with the non arrival of her pre ordered food on this flight and apologised, which is fare enough.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Bran Rovers    (UK)

Business class from Shanghai to London. It was the worst business class. Staff give the impression that they are above service and I did not feel that they were courteous or polite. On one occasion I asked for a glass of champagne and never got one, on another occasion, when I dropped my fork for the meal and buzzed for another one, no one came, when I tried to grab the attention of the staff member walking past, he said sorry sir I'll be right with you and never came. Eventually I just went to the back and grabbed one. I would never fly BA again, for the money you pay you can get much better business class and value from other airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by R Brown    (UK)

LHR-EWR rtn, econ/premium. Very good experience as usual with BA. Having gone through the highly pleasurable T5 it was all aboard a 2 week old Dreamliner for the 7 hour outbound flight. Seats pretty comfortable for economy and new entertainment system very good indeed. Return in premium economy wasn't bad at all, comfortable enough to sleep the duration of the return flight. Cabin crew professional and attentive in both directions. Will be using the service again next month.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by John Pollock    (Australia)

BA11, LHR-SIN, 11 June. This flight, and the reciprocal one from Singapore to London in economy a month ago, have restored my faith in BA. The aircraft was clean and in good condition; seats were comfortable, staff were unfailingly attentive, friendly polite and efficient. Meals were of a good standard, toilets were clean and properly maintained throughout the flight. Boarding and disembarking were seamless from BA's side. One of the best flights I have had for years on many different carriers.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Bob Motto    (UK)

LHR to DXB, 11 Jun 14, Club World, Upper Deck, 64A - Great flight slight delay of ten mins but excellent crew on the upper deck. Food choice is excellent and service as always of a very high standard. Not too sure about the new wash bags, large draw string bag with minimal contents, the wash bags get bigger but the contents get smaller! Nothing really useful in the wash bag not even eye masks or ear plugs. Useful contents would be mouth wash, wet wipes etc it is about time BA looked at returning to Molton Brown which was a lot superior than the Elimis range. Otherwise a great flight, met by special services on arrival in DXB who whisked me through Immigration and Customs within 20 mins of landing which exceeded all expectations.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by C Edgar    (UK)

Flew from Edinburgh to New York via LHR on 5th and 10 June. All flights were very full but the service from check in to on board were very good. My only complaint was the breakfast on the return flight a croissant, jam and tea or coffee which was very disappointing.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Nelson Laura    (UK)

Outbound BA 175, 12/5/14. Return BA 286, 1/6/14. Recently travelled economy on long haul to NYC and returned from San Francisco, having previously done long haul with Virgin. BA knocks Virgin into a cocked hat. Love BA. Keep flying the flag!

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by V Bristow    (UK)

BA 213, LHR to Boston. T5 was very busy, but check in was fast and efficient. The flight was on a 747, the aircraft was clean but looking dated. We were seated to the rear of the aircraft. The food choice was OK but both meals had curried options, fine if you like curry, but limiting if you don't. Lucky for us there was still a choice. My TV was broken so I had a long 6.5 hours. The flight crew were very helpful and happy.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by R Thompson    (Canada)

Flew World Traveller Plus for the first time. Our trip was to and from LHR from Toronto YYZ. When flying a distance World Traveller Plus is well worth the little extra. Being a big guy - tall - I really appreciated the larger seats and the extra leg room. And the on-board staff were super. Will never fly regular economy again if at all possible. Unfortunately we got caught in the baggage screw-up at Heathrow on Friday June 6th. We made it back to Toronto OK but our luggage was just delivered to our house today, Wednesday June 11th. I guess that one must remain philosophical when these things happen. I'm just glad that it was at the end of our vacation and not the start. All-in-all I will definitely fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Wallace Gordon    (UK)

Glasgow to LHR on a completely full flight. The crew were amazing despite being provoked by an extremely rude lady who was sitting at the emergency exit seat, they remained calm and professional despite her rude and obnoxious comments. Departed on time and landed early which is always nice.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Ian Roberts    (UK)

LHR-CPH-LHR both A320s. Other than bussed to stand on the outward all was very good. The bus is unexpected at a 'new' terminal but the warmth of the welcome from the crew cheered you up a lot! Simple and tasty flatbread and drink ideal for the 1.45 journey. The return was a tad delayed due local ATC but even though only 10 mins or so the flight deck kept us very well informed and the crew came round with juice or water. Delay was made up enroute and bag appeared as I reached the carousel. Advance booking and using a few points (some I earned back on this flight) made the fare cheaper than low cost carriers. With BA renewing it's fleet the a/c seemed almost new and all very enjoyable.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

Rome Fiumicino - LHR, Jun 1st, Economy, Airbus 321. Great staff, food offering poor, I would have been happy to pay for a better option.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

OSL-LHR, June 8th. Two days after arriving I departed still less my check-in bag from June 6th. Flight delayed, this is more often than not on most BA flights I have been on. Food offered in economy same Chicken Tikka sandwich or bean salad as seen on last 3 flights in a week on different routes. I would rather have the option to buy something I might want to eat. Cabin crew Brilliant, nearly always are, but its not just about the crew service, but it's the only reason they have any customers.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LGW-MLA, 25th April 2014, Business Class. Where did they get this plane from? Possibly about 1986, fixture and fittings beyond ancient, my seat was wobbly, and not the most comfortable business class seat as space seemed very small. Food good staff fine. Had I paid anymore than the bargain fare I got it would have been a big no no.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

MLA-LGW, April 28th. Business Class. Old cheap (BMI plane) economy seats nearly paper thin, no difference from economy seat. They don't sell the middle seat so it's two passengers per row. BA that is not our concern, it is not about having an empty seat beside it is about comfort for the one I have paid for. Business lounge in Malta has a poor selection, even less that than LGW business lounge and that's saying something. Yes I got a deal on the fare but I have in no way been encouraged to continue and consistently book business class seats. I don't trust BA to provide me with a premium product consistently so therefore won't risk higher business class fares. I even booked long haul in economy with them as I have not been convinced to pay the upgrade. Food ok, staff ok.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LHR - Rome Fiumicino, Jun 1st. Great cabin crew, silly priced (cheap ticket) can't complain. It was an A321 which tend to be the better aircraft with BA (from my experience) in Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LIS-LHR, May 10th, Business Class, Airbus 321. Best cabin crew service ever on this flight. Lady in charge of the Business Cabin was superb. Food great. Proper Business seats, good space comfort and functioning - if I could be assured of this each time I fly with BA in Europe then I would choose it more frequently and be willing to pay more than the cheapest Business fares knowing this was what awaits. Frustrating part of this trip BA knowing well in advance there were delays but not informing people until it was long as past obvious.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

SIN-LHR-JFK in Business on B747 for both legs. Significant improvement over the LHR-SIN leg of the trip. Food out of SIN considerably better than LHR, both planes and cabins more updated and in better repair. Service attentive on both legs. Singapore ground staff to be commended for their efforts to assist in lost bag on the previous LHR- SIN leg of the trip due to massive problems at Heathrow on June 9. Got the impression that BA actually cared and tried to help resolve as best they could. IFE still lags behind the other carriers such as CX, QF with relatively limited options, but on balance an improved experience.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LHR-LIS, 10 May, Business Class. Lounge at T3 spacious - food selection limited and 'dated'. Disappointing as I am finding myself leaving the business lounge in search of a better food offering which is defeating the purpose. Flight - irritating its the old economy seats nothing more, as I have written before this is basically being sold as something it may not be and does not allow me to trust BA to choose this option every time or to risk paying more than the bottom business class fare when I choose to fly in this cabin. Staff great food on board bus cabin good.

British Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by G Brindley    (UK)

The outward trip Manchester - Heathrow - Milan was fine, with even a guide to take us to our connection at LHR Terminal 5. The return trip Munich - Heathrow - Manchester was not so good. The system would not let me check-in online, and despite being the first in the queue at airport check-in we had already been allocated seats right at the back (we discovered on boarding - no plan or explanation given on check-in) with no recline. Both planes were late, and at Heathrow especially the communication was poor: at one point the board said 'Please wait', then there was a 'last call' even though the gate had not yet opened; the staff seemed unconcerned at the delay, no explanation or apology were offered unless they were in the inaudible announcement, but I doubt it as it was quite short. Having arrived at Munich to check in at 1.30pm we eventually got to Manchester at 9pm, not too late as the pilot made up some of the lost time (all excellent pilots, by the way). But during this time the only refreshments were a small packet of crisps and a drink, twice. Not impressive, although the staff on board were friendly and polite.

British Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by R Tompkins    (UK)

LHR to DXB Return. Outbound flight delayed 2 hours, just as well as it took over an hour to clear security. Remote lounge quiet, nice food and wine. Jumbo on way out, new interior, new and very good entertainment, excellent attentive crew, food as usual poor - (recommend you always eat at the airport which given cost of flight one really shouldn't have to). Inbound flight on a 777. Same on way back as on way in except also on time, but must commend 2 crew members for their endless patience with one clown of a passenger.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by J Yates    (UK)

LHR-LAX-LHR. This route is the new A380 which I was very much looking forward to travelling on, it certainly did not disappoint. I paid 20 extra to reserve seats in the upper deck at the very back, this area is only 4 rows separated by galley and toilets and really does feel like its own private cabin. Plus the seating on the upper deck in a 2-4-2 layout means sitting by the window not only feels more spacious as you only have 1 person next to you but due to the shape of the A380 you get huge amounts of shoulder room and access to little storage lockers below the window. Flew Virgin UC on my last trip to LA in a tired and dated aircraft and BA economy was welcome. Can not recommend BA enough.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by S Levy    (USA)

We just flew round trip on the new A380 from LAX to LHR (and then on to Rome). The A380 business class area was nice and the food was decent. However, the layout of the seats wasn't great (you have to jump over the person next to you when they have their seat in a flat position). Also, avoid the aisle seats, as you feel like you're out in the open and people are constantly bustling by. As well, the seats on the aisle have zero storage space so you are constantly getting up to get things out of the storage bin above you or losing them under your seat. The BA lounge in LAX was ok, nothing great (although the food was decent) and their South Lounge in LHR, Terminal 5 was just ok - very busy and crammed with people. Nowhere to relax and enjoy some downtime. The food was the worst we've ever experienced in a lounge (only things available were horrible little sandwiches, a few cookies and drinks. Since LHR is the hub for BA we expected way more. However, our biggest issue was with the staff on board the flights. They were highly erratic in quality. Some were very friendly and helpful, others were beyond rude. I had read that British Air now has a new system where the same staff does not do the same routes on a consistent basis. There are apparently a lot of "floaters", who come and go and work different flights by choice. To me this seems like a big mistake, and most likely causes the huge discrepancy in service. Our flight home was an hour late (BA seems to be late a lot, based on the many reviews). They also managed to lose all of our luggage. We travel a lot and will no longer choose British Airways, as it's too much of a "Russian Roulette" as to whether your service will be good or not.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by S Lewis    (UK)

We travelled Club Europe from Gatwick to Paphos as we were going out to get married. The extra luggage was handy due to the dress and all the extras that we needed to take but we could have paid for the extra space at much less a cost. As it was our wedding we decided to treat ourselves and go the full hog so spent nearly 1000 extra on Club Europe seats expecting to get a really good experience. Check in was quick and easy but there was no queue at the normal check in either so we didn't really benefit from that. The lounge was nothing particularly impressive although we didn't get there with much time to spare so that was more our fault. We were let on the plane first through the front of the plane, the problem was that the rest of the passengers also came through the same door and through the Club Europe section so to be able to put our bags up into the compartment I had to stand by my seat until the entire plane had boarded. The seating then was just a row of 3 seats with the middle seat blocked off so although there was "extra room" it wasn't what I'd have expected. Our bags were marked as priority with the tags but came out with the rest of the luggage. I don't know if we went in expecting more than we should have but for the extra money we paid I think we were entitled to have higher expectations. Not an ideal way to start our wedding experience. We'd never travel Club Europe again, it was a complete waste of money so hopefully others will read this and save the money to spend on the rest of the holiday!

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-ATH-LHR outbound 6th June. Check in and lounge good as normal at T5' boarding done by bus which I always find odd at the home hub, seat 3a on an A320 I like BA's club Europe and this flight was no different. Nice happy crew and the food, English breakfast was pretty good, flight arrived on time bags off quickly. Return 9th June check in at ATH airport quick and polite, used the lounge which is ok but pretty full with 2 flights leaving about an hour apart. Boarding quick seat 2A and another A320 appeared a bit older but comfortable enough for a 3hr30min flight, crew again friendly, meal service was lunch which was ok, arrival T5 on time and on a gate this time. I read some reviews on here I've travelled a lot with many airlines in economy premium economy business and first, have to say my experience with BA has been mostly very positive. Everyone can have an off day.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by D Prentice    (UK)

London (LHR) to Houston (IAH) to London (LHR). T5 in Heathrow is crazy, We been up and down the lifts and get train to other gates. We got boarding first then people comes in the plane. When the plane was ready to take off, then 1 hour later food ready to give out to other people then nothing until 1 hour before we land. The seat was uncomfortable, old and tired. The Cabin Crew were so miserable.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by R Easson    (UK)

Travelling from Venice to London Gatwick with British Airways on what should have been a painless short flight (2hrs). How wrong I was. Held in boarding queue for about 20 minutes with no explanation. Then got onto flight to find no crew to help passengers in economy with on-boarding, stowing luggage etc. I was sat in very last row and became apparent that the crew were sat at the back, having a laugh. A large number of the passengers on this flight were elderly requiring help putting their hand baggage in the overhead lockers. Did the crew bother to look or help? No. They were sat up the back in the galley having a right old laugh. Only when we started taxi-ing, could they be bothered to finish their chat and do a lacklustre safety demonstration. Which I couldn't see as the crew member demonstrating was right at the front of the plane. I couldn't hear the pilot announcement as the audio was faulty. No idea what he said or what flight conditions were. For a nervous passenger this is not great. Took off and then the crew started for service. The food I couldn't eat as allergic to one of the ingredients and told there was no other option. Fair enough. Was offered a drink about 20 mins before landing. Just as well I had my own water I guess. Finally crew member opened locker above my head on approach and her shoe fell out on my head. Wasn't painful per say, but didn't get apology from crew member at all. She looked at me like it was my fault! I fly BA quite a bit and usually never much of an issue. I found the service on this flight incredible really. I'm still pinching myself to think it was actually BA. I left the flight feeling angry and slightly depressed if this is now the standard product from BA. The plane was old, no map, torn seats, broken arm rests, and rubbish in- flight service. I really will now try to find other airlines for both UK and International flights from now on where-ever possible.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Mark Knowlden    (UK)

LHR-VIE, on an A319. Online check-in didn't start working until about 15 hours before the flight. Selected 13F on a very full flight. Selected "collect at the airport" option. Suddenly, 8E, a middle seat. No aircraft swap, no explanation, no apology. Boarding pass failed to work at security, an error somewhere in the system told security that pass had already been used allegedly before I even got to the airport. Boarding not great, with a packed bus getting a tour of T3. Flight 15 mins late due to congestion at LHR. Service efficient but not overly friendly. Much prefer Austrian on this route, and will return to them for my next trip. A shame as BA should be a world beater - I'd not flown with them for about a year, and it bought back memories as to why I choose others.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by L Horn    (USA)

We flew LAX to LHR on the new A380-800 in Club World. Flight was on time. The flight attendants were pleasant. Food was excellent. There was a huge choice of movies to watch. The lie-flat seats were very comfortable. I am definitely going to fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

LGW to AMS. Easy check-in at Gatwick with the pods to check in and print boarding pass. Did that the night before as staying at an airport hotel. Easy and quick to drop off bag. Departure lounge easy to find. Controlled boarding. Pleasant staff and light snack on short flight. Well recommended and far better to use than T5 at LHR if you have the choice. Luggage took a long time to arrive at AMS but that is Schipol's issue rather than BA.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

LHR-SIN in Business on B-747. Hard to find much good to say about this experience. Everything about the trip was chaotic and disappointing. Heathrow T5 a complete overcrowded mess. Flight delayed by 90 minutes as they couldn't get the jet bridge away form the plane and it took far too long than it should've to resolve. And to make it all worse, BA had a global baggage IT systems failure, which resulted in my bag not making it to Singapore (despite checking in several hours before the flight). The flight itself was average at best. Upstairs cabin comfortable enough, although the plane was old and tired, IFE limited, food appalling. The only positive thing I can say was the crew smiled a few times through the awful flight which at least suggested they were trying. Can't imagine how BA can compete with SQ on this route given the absolutely dreadful nature of what was once a much better airline than it is today. They have no idea where my bag is or when I will get it and you can't contact BA in Singapore on the weekend as they are closed. One just gets the impression they couldn't care less. Would not recommend.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Mark Murphy    (UK)

I really do not have the energy to write very detail of how bad my very recent flight too (and from) Vegas was with BA however I can categorically state I will never fly with them again and am bewildered as to how they survive a superior option as an airline. Highlights of my journey include: Severe overheating on flight complaints ignored until someone fainted. Delayed on runway for 90 minutes for what was described as catering reasons. Running out of food and beverage 1 hr into a 11 hour flight. (No beer 1 hr in to flight - after the 90 minute delay). Uninterested and incompetent staff. Lost luggage. (1 case has so far turned up). Space reduced to less than a foot (Head to back of seat) once person in front inevitably reclines. I could honestly go on and on about how bad an experience this flight was and am being completely honest when I say that I am an easy customer to please. If you have Virgin as an option even its a bit more expensive please take my word for it and go with them, they are a class apart. BA operate as a (poor) budget airline posing as something else. Very poor journey, shocking experience.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

LHR to BOS. Day after baggage shut down but First check in easy and security quiet. Super breakfast in Concorde Room. Flight then delayed for 2 hours whilst all on board but crew were great. Food and wine superb and service was BA at it's very best.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Charlie Harm    (UK)

Flew in Club World for the first time on the new BA A380s. Big disappointment. The two upper deck cabins feel congested with more seats than the upper deck of a 747 yet noticeably fewer staff per passenger and too few toilets. The dinner service on the LHR-JNB flight was chronically slow (about three hours from beginning to end). The staff have been instructed to deliver drinks by hand from the galleys (rather than from a trolley) and to plate all the meals. All this takes too long with this level of staffing and the passenger experience suffers. The cabin crew were also curiously bad tempered, perhaps due to the frustration of trying to deliver an over complicated meal service to increasingly disgruntled passengers. A pity, as the planes are quieter than previous generation aircraft and the flight was very smooth.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by S Tsoy    (Russia)

LHR-ARN. All the procedures at Heathrow terminal 5 were a breeze. There was some kind of baggage delivery failure at check-in but the staff managed it very well, smiling and being professional. The flight went on an old, dirty and worn out A319, though seats were comfortable. The service was of typical intra European flight: light cold snacks and drinks, flight attendants were professional. Overall, I would use BA in the future but I would prefer flying a newer plane next time.

British Airways Customer review :  9 June 2014 by P Rosamond    (UK)

Recently flew from LHR to Munich and then from Budapest to LHR. The flights were ok and seats etc as standard in economy but were not overly impressed with the staff and thought food was awful (albeit a roll). We didn't have breakfast as thought we would be having snack on plane on outward journey but it was inedible and on return we didn't have lunch as again thought we would have snack on plane but again thought it was inedible - chicken tikka with spinach roll which I am sure some people may like but why cannot they serve any plain food like cheese or ham or beef, especially as they are a British airline. We used to always fly BA but stopped using them and had just started to try them again but doubt whether we will continue.

British Airways Customer review :  6 June 2014 by A Ward    (UK)

LHR-ATH-ATH, June 2014. Both flights 1.5 hours late which always seems to be the case largely due to the old plane (767) used on this particular flight. Food average, cabin crew variable-average overall. No apologies for lateness of flights which unacceptable-BA still seem to think that they are doing you a favour for letting you fly with them. Poor overall and am even considering using Easyjet as Gatwick closer to my home.

British Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by G Bennett    (UK)

Sao Paulo - London Heathrow Club World. Sat in the upper deck on the 747. Fantastic experience. Very comfortable flight with attentive helpful cabin crew. Reasonable food, good selection of drinks and good IFE.

British Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Barry Hebblethwaite    (UK)

LHR to BKK in club world, over night flight. Lounge at T5 great. Nice choice of hot foods, wines and snacks. Love the spa treatments. I really like the club world seats, very private for sleeping. Food tasty, had mushroom pasta. Good choice of films. Most of crew in club did a great job, still get the odd one here and there that are surly and disinterested - make you feel as if they are doing you a favour! I always try and fly BA, on the whole a great airline.

British Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Linda Bowen    (Barbados)

Travelled from Barbados to London, Gatwick and then onwards to Italy using British Airways in both instances. Returned to Gatwick on May 28 and again travelled by BA to Barbados. My experience in all instances was extremely positive. The flight crew on all flights accommodated my every request. The food was served at the right temperature, at appropriate intervals and was tasty. I would definitely use this airline again.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.