British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Tibble Simon    (UK)

BA2590, 20 Aug, LGW TO BRI. We checked in online so only had to drop baggage and clear security. Wrong, what a chaotic system BA were running. Everyone who checked in online had to wait in a very long line to simply have their bags tagged and sent on their way by a member of BA staff. If this is the case then please get all the counters working and clear the queue quickly. Pity the poor people who squeezed their way to the self check in and bag tagged their bags only to be told to join the same line. I can not understand how the system is supposed to be more efficient. We then had the situation of BA staff dragging people out of the line, as they were going to miss their flight. Even the very nice BA staff member who did our bag tags could not explain what went wrong. Flight was delayed on boarding due to flight coming in late. No issue with boarding or the staff on board all very helpful. We have a drink and wrap which was very good. Captain kept us informed of the delay and we landed 30 mins late, and he did apologise again for late arrival. Please Gatwick BA sort out check in.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Karam Kandola    (UK)

LHR-YYZ. Checked in at 10.00am for my 13.10 departure. Check in was quick. Then proceeded through Fast Track which was not "Fast". The lounge was quite busy, but the staff were very helpful. Departed on time and before take off were offered drinks. We were on the new B787, so the aircraft was nice and clean. I sat in 1F. It converted into a flat bed which was good. About 20 mins into the flight the drinks run came through. When then we asked for what we will having for lunch. I choose the Salmon for starters which was excellent. For mains I choose the chicken option which was good, but the veg was very hard. Finally, I choose the ice cream for dessert. Landed on time and got our bags quickly.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by M Green    (UK)

I flew from London to Sydney Club World / Business Class. Having done similar OZ flights recently with Qatar Airlines, the experience was like comparing the Premium to Third Division football clubs. Everything about BA was shoddy, shabby and second rate - so sad. Numerous examples from the Business Lounge, the lay out of the cabin, the comfort of the seats, privacy, food, service - all second rate. And for about 2 K extra flight cost. Why? I would seriously consider flying to Sydney via Perth next time - longer but an experience where you arrive feeling caressed, not bundled along. Really pains me to say this - a very poor way to present a country's airline.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by A Razak    (UK)

BA12, 15th August 2014. In my mind that when I bought the BA tickets it would be a great flight experience based on their reputation as a 4 star airline. It turned out to be totally wrong. I used to travel with other airlines, it seems that my flight experience with BA from Changi Airport to Heathrow was the worst in so many ways. Not worth money spent at all! Firstly, the seat space was really small (I cant imagine those who are bigger than I am, because I am a medium size person). Secondly, the proportion of food served was not generous in comparison to other airlines. They only served food twice for that 12 hour long haul journey. Thirdly, the service was considered moderate and it seemed like no one cared about the toilets in economy class (no one bothered to top up the toilet rolls). Lastly, the inflight entertainment was so back dated. The movies selection must have been 2 years old. Flimsy earphones and outdated screens. All in all, an unhappy customer.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Alan Thompson    (UK)

Bari to Gatwick. This flight seems to be late on a regular basis. Three times an hour late and once two hours late this summer of the four times I was involved. Seems the summer schedule is very optimistic Check-in at Bari is hopeless, always queues and 'bag drop' seems to be used by travellers with ticketing problems. Boarding is poor, regularly left to wait in a hot air bridge between the gate and the plane. None of this done by BA staff but they are doing BA's reputation no good, seemingly using the level of service expected with the low cost carriers that also go to London. Onboard though is always good, despite the age of the planes. Fair choice of drinks and a good sandwich, nice crew. My flight ended with a 50 minute wait for luggage. A lot for BA to address here.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by D Barge    (UK)

Gatwick to Cancun, 777-200, club world return in July. Old plane which I think BA use out of Gatwick. Food - I can't understand how they can get it so wrong. We flew Virgin upperclass to Cancun but had to use BA this year due to date's, will not use BA again. Cabin crew not too bad but could be better. Save your money or go with Virgin.

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Sansom Chris    (UK)

LHR-MAD-LHR, BA458/463 out on A319 G-EUOE and return on B763 G-BZHB excellent flights both ways. The cabin service was very good and I got the seating as requested, nice refurbished B763 on the return journey. Definitely my choice of carrier.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DXB-LHR, B777-200ER, BA0108, August 18, First Class. Transferred from an Emirates flight in DXB. BA DXB Galleries Lounge reception staff member excellent. Boarding reasonable, with an on-time departure. Cabin crew outstanding, and definitely lived up to the "To Fly. To Serve" BA slogan. Food tasty and well presented, but not quite First Class, and cost-cutting was evident. The New First seat is comfortable, though the footrest is poorly designed, and a storage area for small inflight items is missing. IFE monitor, controls and selection very good, but the screen could be more adjustable for reach. Lovely cabin ambience, including colors, textures, mood lighting and window blinds. Toilets cramped and stocked with the cheapest liquid soaps and toilet paper. Overall, an enjoyable flight, but as a longstanding and very loyal BA customer (Gold Tier), I ask that they seriously consider improving their product in an increasingly competitive market. Arrived a little late at LHR, with remote stand disembarking and bus transfer to T5.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by R Vines    (UK)

I flew from Gatwick to Rome and back on holiday and was pleasantly surprised by the standard of food and service. The salad on the outward flight was exceptional and the steward on the return leg (in a near-full cabin) was anticipating what passengers might want. BA food baffles me. I've flown First a few times in the past few years and the food was so bad, I thought BA should pay compensation as well as refunding the flight ticket. In Business, it is usually OK. The only letdown this time was the lounge at Gatwick. It was like a Ryanair holding pen.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by David Paton    (UK)

On 28th July flew from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Flight was delayed 3 hours as it had been hit by lightening on the flight, this we accepted but what happened afterwards means I will never use them again. 1) Information or details of what was happening had to bedraggled out of them. 2) At no time was any refreshment offered. 3) The flight was further delayed to allow people to transfer back onto this flight when they choose to be transferred to a later flight rather than wait to see what was happening this lead to a further delay of 1 hour. 4) No breakfast or snack was served for health and safety reasons. 5) Although they stated we would be well hydrated during the flight only one drink service was provided, this consisted of 4 fluid oz cup of water between 7.00am and 2.30pm. 6) They then proceeded to leave our luggage at Edinburgh while we travelled to Gatwick. 7) After giving us the run around for an hour and a half they then decided to tell us they could not track our bags. 8) It then took them two days to locate them and send them from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Would I use again or recommend - never in a month of Sundays.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by P Priyanu    (Germany)

I flew from Munich to Boston via Heathrow T5 (15 August 2014): Munich to Heathrow first flight out of Munich at 7.20. The flight was good, leaving on time but due to flight delayed arriving from London the night before, so we did not get breakfast served on business class. From Heathrow T5 to Boston as the flight was nice but the business seat was OK nothing special in comparison to other Airline like Iberia business which is much nicer. The cabin crew was nice and friendly, food was nice as I have selected to have only salad instead of hot meal. I managed to have a good rest all the way to Boston after the meal.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Chander Ahluwalia    (USA)

LHR-EWR, Club World. Offered 400 GBP upgrade from Prem Econ a day prior. T5 lounge experience positive - good selection of food which was well labelled. Had a treatment - chair massage and Elemis staff were most attentive. Dreamliner is a great way to fly - although delayed half an hour arrived ahead of time. Felt relaxed - addressed by name throughout and the crew was friendly and yes smiled. Two hot towel services and the multi course dinner was served without fuss. Not sure about the wash bag- although it is more convenient to carry off. Entertainment options are excellent. Baggage waiting for me at carousel. Good flight for BA.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Ravi Mene    (UK)

BA 56, JNB-LHR, 15 August 2014, Business class, A380, upper deck. The flight did not live up to expectations. Too many seats makes business class cabin look crowded, narrow seats with each row facing in opposite direction, no problem with this but this impedes free movement for some of the seats, specially the ones in the middle and window side, also not much space for storage of personal items like specs etc. The window blinds of this section in upper deck were kept lowered through the entire 11 hr flight, with no cue of any outside light whatsoever until we landed at Heathrow and parked to the stand, felt like sitting in a light proof box with artificial illumination. I thought you need to keep the blinds open for landing and take off? The 747 business class is more comfortable than A380.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Jill Young    (UK)

We paid 2500 to upgrade to world traveller plus, when we got to departure lounge we were upgraded to business class which was brilliant but air hostess made a point of letting us known plus other people that we had a free upgrade. On the return journey in world traveller plus not happy, table broken and air steward very sarcastic, food very bad plus stewards seemed as if they were doing you a favour. Paid a lot of money to fly to Maldives, have no choice to fly BA to go direct, stewards male or female need to remember that we are customers paying a lot of money for a service.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Mark Bradley    (UK)

I flew London to Beijing in Club World on BA039 on Aug 7. The cabin was a disgrace. I sat in the upper deck, seat 62A, and what worried me was the filthy window, the metallic looking tape on the emergency exit door and the foam strip that was hanging down. In addition, the carpet, and lockers were filthy inside. Food and service were excellent, but I will vote with my wallet, and boycott BA from now on, wherever possible.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by M Heather    (UK)

LGW-TFS-LGW, Club Europe. Travelled with hand baggage only given the well publicised issues with Swissport baggage handling at LGW. Outbound flight (15/7/2014) was BA at its best. On time departure (a rarity it seems at LGW for BA), A320 in fair condition with additional leg room in Club Europe, and two excellent flight attendants. The return (22/7/2014) was a different story. Probably my worst BA flight ever. Delayed departure from TFS though only about 10 minutes late in arrival at LGW. No additional leg room on this A320 in Club Europe. Lazy cabin crew who did the bare minimum with limited grace. And screaming infants, out of control toddlers and ignorant teenagers in the Club Europe cabin - not the airline's fault but they could have and should have done more to manage the situation. One example - two teenagers in row 1 immediately reclined their seats into the faces of the couple in front of us after take off. The cabin crew didn't even make the teenagers raise their seats during the meal service. All credit to the couple in front of us, though. They had the manners not to recline their seats into our faces. The substantial premium to fly Club Europe is just not worth it when other people's children are not controlled and the promised additional 'personal space' is not provided. Scores are an average of both flights: outbound top marks across the board (bar entertainment, there was none), inbound I would have preferred to score zero.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Marie Thompson    (UK)

18 August 2014, Gatwick to Orlando, flight details and departure went well. However when the food was served on the flight there was limited choice, chicken or sausages which was fine until they ran out and then could only offer the veggie option which was pasta which my Father in Law doesn't eat so he ended up with 2 bread rolls as his lunch/dinner. This was served within the first hour of our over 8 hour flight and then 7 hours later we were served a snack which only had one option, coronation chicken (chicken again!) which only 2 in our party of 6 liked. Again my Father in Law had nothing as he was 1 of the 4. Pretty poor show British Airways as we travelled with Virgin to Mexico in June this year economy class and they offered a menu with three choices for lunch/dinner with enough for everyone! Again when the snack was served option were given and enough for all. Virgin also provided a very good entertainment system with up to date films, TV and games which was something you need on a long journey, again BA was not able to provide. BA your competitors are definitely offering more value for our money! I wouldn't not fly BA again as I don't like to limit my choices however I would definitely prefer to fly Virgin in future. In my opinion all flights should have enough food for all of their passengers and look at what they are offering as coronation chicken didn't go down well with a large number of passengers, what's happened to good old ham or cheese?

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Kathleen Kirby    (UK)

We flew from LHR to Luxembourg on an afternoon flight, we enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea and champagne because it was my husbands birthday. Flight attendants very efficient and jolly, we felt very much as if we were having a really nice birthday celebration up in the sky! Baggage received very quickly on both flights. We travelled back in economy and it was really good with drinks and a biscuit or crisps. Only problem was that there was no place for the aircraft to park up when we got in due to bad weather. We were off as quickly as they could, so it wasn't too bad!

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by W Sachs    (USA)

We flew the A380 from LAX-LHR-JNB-LHR-LAX in August 2014 in business class. This plane was designed by someone who never flew it. The seats are so close together, with no room on the window side to get out when the seats are flat. A person has to put up the foot rest for a place to stand and then step over the person next to them to get out into the aisle. In addition, the person on the window seat gets all the food handed to them in front of the face of the person on the aisle. They have put so many people in each row that the seats are very narrow. There is virtually no place ( a small drawer at the seat) for personal items to be used during the flight without getting out of the seat to get something from the overhead.

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Mohanty Pranav    (USA)

My journey was from BOM to LHR (I had a connecting flight from LHR to MIA, surprisingly enough the transit at LHR wasn't all that bad). Aircraft 777-200. Got a complimentary upgrade from World Traveler to World Traveler Plus. The seat was good and spacious, service was professional, and the food was nice, especially the English breakfast that was served prior to landing. The only drawback was the absence of overhead air vents, which at times made it a little stuffy, and the in-flight entertainment which lacked the variety of Emirates, for example. Overall a pleasant experience. Wouldn't mind flying with BA again at all.

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Kevin Tunnicliffe    (UK)

Sad to say, BA missed a big opportunity when their new 787 and A380 entered service. Same old, sub standard business class seating as on the retired 747s. Compared to many airlines the BA premium service is poor and I don't know how they keep a 4 star rating. The cabin crew were excellent though I will concede. Food was very poor with my steak ruined because it was swimming in grease (laughingly referred to as jus), which mixed with the hollandaise sauce to make a disgusting mess. The 787 was good and BA have improved their IFE system but screens are small and have to be stowed for take off and landing unlike those in economy and premium. Pay more get less.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Commins Susan    (Ireland)

I was on BA 835 from Dublin to LHR on 25th July 2014 which left Dublin at 13.05 and my travel plans were such that I had sufficient time to connect with my flight from LHR to Hong Kong. On leaving Dublin the pilot opined that it was a good day to fly! On reaching LHR we were informed that due to thunderstorms we were to be diverted to Gatwick and were running out of fuel. In summary, we sat on the tarmac at Gatwick for over two hours with only scant updates as to when we would be taking off for LHR and the temperature inside the cabin became oppressive which added to the misery. On reaching LHR BA staff were, in my opinion, ineffectual with a 'sorry and shrug of the shoulders' and with no real assistance for those passengers on connecting flights. I was lucky, as I managed to get on my flight to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific, but with only moments to spare, after a dash to terminal 3. Whilst I understand the volatility of the weather, the real point of my review is that BA appears to have abandoned the basics of customer service and this is clearly reflected in BA's absence in the top 10 airline ratings. Could do a lot better!

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Buettner Thomas    (Germany)

Flight BA 937, Dusseldorf to London on 13th March and BA 932 back to Dusseldorf on 15th March. Both flights served by Airbus A319. Cabin was in a good shape, seat pitch 34 inch and the width 17 inch. Lounge in DUS (Airport owned Lounge) is quite nice but nothing special, Lounge of BA in LHR T5 is very good with a lot of space, even it was very busy at this time, but anyway, we know it from other times when it was quite empty. No check-in because of hand luggage only. BA 937 was delayed for about 1 hour due to foggy weather in London so the very nice staff start to serve Drinks to reduce the waiting time on ground. Brunch served after takeoff, a choice between a cold platter with assorted cheese and meat and bread/rolls or a warm cheese and ham croissant and salad. Drinks including Champagne were served twice. More enough for that relatively short flight. Check-in for BA 932 (bought liquids) in T5 was very quick, also friendly staff. BA Lounge, as I wrote was busy but worth it to reduce waiting time. Very nice flight attendants, drinks served 3 times, light Dinner with mixed salad. No real Inflight Entertainment (like on most IntraEuropean Flights), small TVs with flight information.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Abdullah Maje    (UK)

Heathrow to Newark on 787. Flight was pleasant and comfortable. Left Heathrow 1 hour late but arrived on time. Seat was comfortable and food was ok. Service was excellent but had to walk outside in the rain to catch a bus to take us to our plane. Would recommend BA due to service and Heathrow T5.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by R John    (UK)

BA25, Aug 8th, LHR-HKK. Club World. Upper deck. Overall a good flight. The service was a bit robotic. Pre- departure drinks offered. Main and breakfast served. For the main course I opted for the healthy / light meal which was tasty and just what I wanted as I was trying to avoid a heavy meal before bed. I was surprised at the limited wine selection: Two whites and two reds. I had a NZ Sauv Blanc which was tasty but 'connoisseurs' may have felt restricted by choice. The staff were, overall, very pleasant and happy to help when asked but just weren't pro-active. Passengers (myself included) were having to ask for things that should have been attended to without request. They seemed 5 minutes too slow for drink rounds, meal service, etc. This is a small complaint however, as I managed a solid 7 hours of sleep and the overall experience was good. The entertainment system on the A380 is much improved and is as good as any I have flown VS,SG etc. The window seat is certainly more private and feels much more spacious with the storage compartments under the windows and I would recommend these - especially over middle seats. All in all a solid business class but still lagging behind the likes of CX or SG primarily because of service and seat layout. There is a 'Britishness' to the product which still makes me smile.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Daniel McDevitt    (USA)

June 25th 2014. My wife and daughter boarded in Boston. The door was closed and we were ready to depart for London. Then a baggage cart hit the airplane. We deplaned and that was understandable. After an hour we were told the plane would not depart and there was no room on any other planes for days. "Call your friends - make your own arrangements!" was the only customer relations help offered by British Airways. The BA help on the ground said there were no hotels on vouchers. I really, yes really thought British Airways was the standard of air travel. If you have any alternative do not book British Airways. They're great as long as everything is going as planned. If anything goes wrong, they are a confused people who have no idea how to help you.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Lois Hammond    (Australia)

Flew Sydney - Singapore - London return. Thoroughly enjoyed both flights, good food, good service. Would definitely use again 2015 for planned flight to Oslo. Thank you British Airways.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

LHR - Houston - LHR. Two of us travelled using Avios and Amex companion voucher. Excellent cabin crew on both sectors, very good selection of wine, and food pretty decent particularly outbound. The staff in Houston even found and returned my iPod which I had left on the aircraft on the outbound sector.

British Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Tom Lewis    (UK)

Travelled LHR-YYZ, BA97 on 9 July returning BA96, 28,July. Check-in at LHR an absolute breeze including security which took only 5 minutes. Galleries Lounge at the south end of T5 awful with poor food, dirty furniture and smelly toilets. Outbound aircraft was G-BNLG, surely one of the most ancient 747s in existence judging by the state of the interior at least in the main cabin. On boarding all the window shades were down (10.20 departure) and stayed down for the entire flight including take-off and landing, most peculiar. The head cabin service person said it was to keep the sun out - I have questioned if this is a new BA policy for daytime flights. Departed and arrived a few minute late, no issue. Food and service very average as usual, nowhere near the standards of international Business Class elsewhere. Immigration and baggage delivery in YYZ very swift. For the return, again the departure formalities were quick and painless ; the lounge at Pearson is ok but nothing special. Aircraft this time was G-BGYC, the upper deck was in reasonable condition although, as always with BA's Club World seating, there is little stowage space and the whole backwards/forwards concept is something I personally dislike. Food almost non-existent on this 2310 departure and most people slept: this would be understandable if a proper breakfast was on offer. Unfortunately it was no better than going to McDonalds with some unripe fruit and a sort of egg and bacon muffin - just awful. Also the person in the window seat did have something to eat and drink and every time the crew member came with his orders, he would lower the partition to pass them through with all the disturbance that creates. Is this service policy, poor seat design or lazy crew? Flight on time, arrival processes ok but baggage delivery slow. All in all, the experience was what I expect from BA these days, average at best.

British Airways Customer review :  12 August 2014 by G Fox    (UK)

Flight from Heathrow to Newark. The new Dreamliner was fantastic. Very comfortable, quiet and clean. The cabin crew were superb, very professional, with customer service being their priority. I appreciate that flying on a new aircraft makes a difference to the flight, however if BA continue to invest in their fleet and maintain and excellent level of customer service, I can see no other reason to fly with another carrier, especially when considering BA's avios points usage which allows all of your points to be spent on flights. Virgin however dictate how many points you can spend on each flight. I've flown with BA and Virgin many times, it was a nice attempt by Virgin advertising themselves in terminal 5, however, when you're sat in terminal 5 after experiencing a quick and easy run through the terminal about to board a brand new aircraft, it's hard to see the advertisements working.

British Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by James Keep    (UK)

Great service from LCY-Angers in western France on Embraer 175. London City Airport is so very convenient for London dwellers and the flights were very comfortable. Saturday flight outbound was totally full but on time, attentive cabin crew, very comfortable and not even the breakfast of a disappointingly hard croissant with ham and cheese could spoil the positive impression. Coming back on the Wednesday was less than half-full so double drinks and snacks all round! Tickets were 120 return which seems very reasonable considering the alternative for the region is Ryanair to Tours from Stansted, for almost as much and once you factor in the extra price of luggage and snacks with them, BA wins hands down.

British Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Graeme Cree    (UK)

06.40 flight, 4 August, Glasgow to London City cancelled with no explanation. Typical BA service nobody about to assist with alternative arrangements or any concept of customer care. So much for the worlds favourite airline. Third rate which is what I have come to expect from them.

British Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Holder Timothy    (Switzerland)

Upgraded from Premium Economy to Business from YVR (Vancouver) to LHR (London). The Club World cabin was full and a couple of the passengers had been upgraded to First. Despite this the staff were friendly and helpful, although the food wasn't that great, (the chocolate desert was delicious though). Seat is nice and wide, but if you're facing rearwards on the 747, you could be sitting right next to someone you don't know. The IFE had a lot of choice and had many new movies to chose from. Altogether a good flight.

British Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Corden Andrew    (UK)

Upgraded to business class on return flight from Verona. Absolute disgrace. Flight left around 11.30pm but lounge closed at 9.20pm. Lounge was awful, dirty and very little in the way of business class facilities. Flight was cattle class and I have seen more organisation and courtesy on an easyjet flight. Boarding was like a rugby scrum with no priority boarding and then spent 20 minutes on an a bus with no air conditioning crammed packed in hot conditions. Flight had run out of food. Worst flight in memory and absolute shocking customer service. Absolute joke and how they have the audacity to claim it was business class they should be accountable n the trade descriptions act.

British Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Tony Hall    (Australia)

AMS-LCY, economy. Embraer aircraft only half-full, at most, and on time. For such a short flight, a high standard of cabin service with wine and a small snack offered. An excellent flight in all respects.

British Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Tony Hall    (Australia)

Porto-LHR, economy. Pushed back late but arrived on time. Flight was full but good cabin service with sandwiches and drinks. A very good standard overall.

British Airways Customer review :  5 August 2014 by Tony Laverghetta    (Canada)

LIS-LHR on 30 July, J class on an Airbus 320. I was expecting more, however I was disappointed. Seat was OK but not particularly comfortable, food just average with a choice of a fruit or meat platter either, very poor. Cabin crew in an automatic mode, no smiling whatsoever, more interested in chatting in front of the cabin and complaining about not sure what. No inflight entertainment altogether, not even a shared movie. However we departed on time and arrived 15 min before schedule and the price was the cheapest ever for a Business Class seat. Will fly BA again but I am more keen to Intercontinental flights where the quality is superior than European routes.

British Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by G Smith    (UK)

LHR-SIN, 26 July 2014. Upgraded from WTP to Club World before I even had the chance to ask. Value for money was a '5' because I didn't pay for the flight! Flight went well and I even managed some sleep on the fold flat bed. Cabin crew were pleasant and helpful, one of the attendants retrieved his own USB adapter from his luggage so that I could charge my phone (I was a little surprised that there wasn't a USB port at my seat - upstairs 747). The same attendant appeared in the passport control hall and called out - without success unfortunately - looking for a passenger who had left his glasses behind. Food was absolutely fine and the Burgundy a little too drinkable. This was probably up there as one of the better flights I've taken - most are done under sufferance but this one was pretty good overall.

British Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Jim McCormick    (UK)

26th July, LGW to Orlando. Drinks service from the crew was good. Champagne upon boarding and a top up without requesting. It was greatly appreciated! Food was not outstanding but pleasant enough. Overall the cabin service was good. Several services of drinks and top ups when requested. What let this flight down was the number of unruly children on this flight. I was in an outside seat on the port side and an 8 or 9 year old child in front got out of her seat every five minutes or so continually throughout the flight and her younger sibling was also jointing her when she did manage to stay put. I attempted to avail myself of the flat bed but three times these children stood on my legs as they clambered over into their seat. The parents of these children never once intervened to check their children's behaviour although they were well aware of how they were behaving. My wife did not have much luck either. The couple to her rear were sat throughout the flight crossed legged in the isle playing with their children and their toys and my wife had to struggle passed them every time she wished to use the toilet. Surely a tripping hazard! There were many other children on the flight who were well behaved so it can be done if parents set boundaries for their offspring. Whilst BA cannot be held responsible for children's behaviour, I feel that as we were in the Club World cabin, some sort of announcement should be made by BA requesting passengers with children respect the comfort of fellow passengers. P.S. The Club Lounge at Gatwick was like a kindergarten but that is another story!

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.