British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Luke Toornent    (Netherlands)

I flew AMS-LGW-MCO and JFK-LHR-AMS this month. Overall is was an acceptable experience. Food and drinks the normal airline stuff. Staff were good and visited us often. I only found the seats very unpleasant.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by C Denson    (UK)

London LHR to Hong Kong on 27 May. Was really looking forward to flying in the new A380 but for some reason the plane was swapped on the day for a B777. Flight left about 25 minutes late but arrived 20 minutes early into HK. On boarding I agreed to swap seats with a woman who had been seated separately from her husband. Having ordered a vegetarian meal I let one of the cabin crew know that I'd swapped seats. When the meal was served I got told off very rudely by one of the cabin crew for moving seats without telling them - even though I had. Before I could explain my meal was dumped in my lap and he flounced off. Food was ok. Cabin crew smiles were forced. Serve the meal, turn out the lights and disappear for 9 hours seemed to be the order of the day. No way was World Traveller Plus worth the extra money.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Jeff Smith    (UK)

Flew LHR to Larnaca and return 22nd April and 29th April in Club Europe. I had high hopes for Business class albeit shortish haul but was somewhat disappointed. Legroom not quite what I expect from Business class, 34 inches is hardly room to stretch out. The service was good but the choice of food was limited and again not what I expect from a business class experience. As for inflight entertainment? Oh dear. On a 4.5 hour flight I expect so much better, old fashioned one film option only. If you didn't like the film tough. All in all I will not rush to pay the extra.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Tom Adamson    (Australia)

LHR-SEA in "first" class. The experience was really a step back in time. Having arrived in London on JAL after an exquisite experience in their 777 first class, I had high expectations of my premiere flight in BA first. Suffice to say, I won't be back. Whose idea was it to jam 14 seats into a space that quality airlines fill with 6 or 8 seats? It's crowded, ugly and lacks privacy. The whole cabin - and this is 'new' first, I might add - feels pretty cheap and is already showing signs of wear and tear. The seat itself is narrow and displeasing. Crew were cheerful and professional, but the food would be considered business class standard on world class airlines. That sums it up, really - BA is simply not offering a world-class product. I can't imagine why anyone would put down the money they charge for first class, unless there was no high-profile Asian or Middle Eastern alternative available, and even then I'd probably go out of my way to avoid them. I suggest that BA product managers might want to go on a world tour via Abu Dhabi, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore, and try out the competition, because it's plainly evident that they either have no ideas, or just don't care. There is apparently a "new new" first class planned for the 787-9 when it enters service with BA, and I sincerely hope that both the hard and soft products will be worthy of being branded "first class".

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Richard Bowley    (Canada)

I had flight from Vancouver to London and back again, aisle seat I prepaid for was changed to another aisle seat which put me right near the bathroom where I really didn't want to be. What's the point of selecting a seat online and prepaying for it and then they change it with no explanation? Entertainment system was ok but the food (if you can call it that) was disgusting - chicken curry or pasta, actually just curry since they ran out of pasta and left people with no choice. I've had better food on charter airlines - never again.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

London Gatwick to Bridgetown on Avios companion ticket. Flight left and arrived on time. Surprisingly good choice and quality of food and wine. Entertainment system somewhat limited in choice. Cabin crew were pretty poor. Generally slow, particularly in responding to the call button.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Karagounis Paul    (Spain)

LHR-PEK-LHR. We travel BA club world often and my overall impression is very good. Yes sometimes the attitude of the staff can be not up to expectations or the food not comparable with some of the Asian airlines but the price you pay for a business class seat with BA is unbeatable. And for me a flat bed on an overnight flight is what matters the most. Contrary to general recommendations when I travel with a companion I prefer the middle seats on the main deck and not the upper deck because by using the screen you can have your own little intimate cabin. And if the flight is not full is so much better than the claustrophobic upper deck. Strongly recommended for a discounted ticket.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by C Denson    (UK)

World Traveller Plus from Beijing to London LHR. Old and tired 747-400, these planes really should be pensioned off now. The cabin was freezing with everyone wrapped in blankets for the whole flight. Complaints to the cabin crew just got a "sorry we have no control over the air temperature" response. Veggie meal ordered was given to someone else by mistake so I had to have fish. Video screen is tiny on these planes - not that it mattered as the system wasn't working properly so I couldn't watch any films. Pretty poor on a 9.5 hour flight. Sound system for communicating with passengers was very distorted so it was impossible to understand any announcements from flight- deck or cabin crew apart from a little bit of extra leg room I've no idea what extra money for World Travel Plus is supposed to be for.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by A Mackenzie    (Denmark)

CPH-LHR, 26th June. Club Europe. BA standards are slipping. The Galleries Lounges are a shadow of their former selves. In the latest round of savings a famous business broadsheet newspaper has been axed, the food offerings curtailed and sub-standard, and a lack of attention to clearing tables. However, the on-board service continues to be of a high standard, and the Airbus 321 clean and tidy with very helpful cabin crew. Flight was marred by a lack of bags loaded on the plane due to an IT breakdown at T5, which caused a long queue at CPH baggage dept. for reporting missing bags.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by F V Obrien    (Thailand)

London - BKK, Premium economy, 19/6/14. I always travel EVA Air business but this time I had to get into BKK early having been told by many that BA Business is at best rubbish I decided to save some cash and go P/Economy, seat no: 14A, remarks on flight seating at best ok, service seemed tired, but the real downer was the food, the plane was nowhere near full but by the time they got to me most of the food had gone and I was left with some sort of pasta dish - totally inedible. I must admit I didn't put anything near my mouth just pressed one of the pasta flutes - cold, dry and hard. I was given a pat of butter type stuff, alas nothing to spread it on bread wise maybe it was put there to grease the runners on the seat. Drinks G&T were served once choice of coffee or tea with second course, at least I did get first pick had tea, a very hard type of cake thing, egg sausage mushroom was the so called dish - again poor. The only redeeming factors were I didn't go business class as the seats dated back to the eighties in a 2/4/2 configuration unlike EVA 1/2/1 lie flat and we arrived 20 minutes early.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Jacques Michael    (UK)

Having taken several domestic flights to London Heathrow and back to Newcastle I can understand why BA have recently announced extra flights on this route. All flights full, yet all credit to cabin crews who managed to supply a full trolley service. Flight and cabin crews all to a high standard of service with plenty of meaningful announcements. Can't praise enough.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by G Mann    (UK)

Have flown with BA several times over past few years, mostly economy class, on holiday through travel agents. Aircraft's vary from a bit shabby with little space, to sometimes a bit bigger and newer with a bit more space. Staff always efficient and polite. The one main flaw is the snack food offering - those awful wraps which are like uncooked cold cardboard. We don't need a 3 course hot meal but eg a granary bread sandwich [with a veggie filling for us] would be preferable to the dreaded wraps, which we do not eat which seems such a waste.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Bob Motto    (UK)

LHR to VIE, BA 704, 23 June 2014. The meal service in Euro Traveller is appalling as are the customer service standards of the New Mixed Fleet Crew The food offering was inedible a choice of Flat Bread with Chicken Tikka or a Salad. Do British Airways not understand that not everyone likes Curry or spicy food. At least do an offering of Meat or Cheese Sandwiches to make the selection a little better in consideration of the fares passengers have paid. As for the cabin crew, this new Mixed Fleet with their Thunderbird Hats are very inferior compared to the cabin crew on the old contracts. At least experienced cabin crew would sort something out in the galley to at least compensate for the lack of food choice even if it is cheese and crackers. This crew do not offer anything and were nowhere to be seen once they did their meal service. I would have expected for a two hour flight they would at least walk through the cabin a few times offering more drinks etc, the only time they came out was to clear away the meals which many people around me had left and not touched and to do the Duty Free. I fly British Airways every week and this is the worst crew I have known. I think the Mixed Fleet Crew are appalling in their customer service standards, they can certainly learn a lot from their more experiences colleagues who are on the old contracts so come on BA, start to bring back the high standards again, the new Mixed Fleet Crew are letting you down very badly.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Comair Business VFA (Victoria Falls) to JNB (Johannesburg). Easy check in provided you were only travelling to JNB. Other pax transferring with through tickets to London/USA/Australia were unable to check bags all the way through or get boarding cards for subsequent flights. This meant they had to go through customs and immigration at JNB collect bags and recheck rather than just going through transit. Gave them a very poor experience of BA/Comair in Zimbabwe. This is an airport used by many international pax and should be able to do this as a matter of course. No lounge at VFA airport. It is being rebuilt so maybe will be better in future years. Comfortable seats on an old B737, pleasant lunch and helpful staff.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Jonathan Rodden    (UK)

Flew from LHR to Hong Kong, April 13th 2014, BA 25 and the flight took off 1 hour late. Therefore as I had an onwards connection to Jakarta with limited time to get my connection I asked on board about help with getting my onwards boarding card to Jakarta as BA in Belfast refused to issue me a boarding card. The CSD was not seen nor did he even come to speak with me even though I am GGL member. The only help I got was from one of the Hong Kong based air stewardesses who went out of her to help me. Without her help I would have missed my onwards to Jakarta. Certainly not impressed by the service. I made a follow up compliant, however never received any response.

British Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by V Bristow    (UK)

Flight BA 202, Boston to Heathrow. Aircraft B747, version 1. We were seated in PE. The cabin was quiet and not full, so we had plenty of room. The cabin crew were very attentive and spoke to all the passengers in our cabin. Service after take off was very quick and professional, the food was very good and not hurried giving us 3.5 hours to sleep. The seats were very comfortable and the extra space was appreciated. My only complaint is my TV monitor was faulty and had a black line down the screen. It was not an issue as I was planning to sleep, rather than watch a movie. The cabin was quieter than economy as it was at the front of the plane, and I had a good 3 hours sleep. The Flight attendants were offering drinks throughout the flight which was good. The breakfast was a croissant in a box which I found a bit of a disappointment. Overall I would fly BA Premium Economy again.

British Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Kidd William    (UK)

I flew from Edinburgh to Heathrow and then on to JFK and returned from Las Vegas. The flights in the UK were fine but the flight to JFK and from Vegas to Heathrow were terrible the seats were narrow and the food was disgusting both ways.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by L Bell    (UK)

We travelled Cancun to LGW in business class. To the point I didn't think the experience was as good as Virgin and Emirates who I normally use. Airport staff were helpful, although I was surprised there was no lounge access at all ( we got 2x USD 22 vouchers for the restaurants in the airport). Cabin crew were not particularly attentive or helpful. Dinner and wine/drinks were nice although cabin crew had to be prompted to serve drinks again after dinner. Seat and space was ok although functionality on seat not as good as Emirates or Cathay. My friend had no direct access to aisle and had to jump over another passenger's legs. Breakfast was sub standard.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Robert Kovacs    (USA)

I was excited to fly on the new A380 with the new seating. We sat in 14j and 14k. When we were seated we were offered champagne and we organized our belongings quickly. I sat down got out my magazine and asked the flight attendant how to operate the light and she apologized that our seats had no power and they have been working on it. Well after about ten minutes the door closed and the plane pushed off and I inquired again about the issue and she said the pilot was working on it. The power never came on during the 10.5 hour flight. We had no lights, no entertainment, no seat adjustments. I not given the opportunity to deboard when they knew of this problem or to reschedule another flight. This is not how you treat your business club passenger or any passenger. I was told I would be contacted by a representative but that did not happen.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Sears Michael    (UK)

Club World,–LGW to TPA, week later MIA to LHR. Gatwick check in quick and easy, BA member came over and pointed us through Fast Track and gave lounge instructions. Lounge food offering very disappointing compared to LHR, made do with Marmite on toast and lots of Champagne! In celebratory mood as going for a 30th, cabin crew outbound fantastic, the drinks kept flowing and never a rolled eye or any surly attitude from the crew. Managed 4/5 hours afternoon nap. Upgraded WTP home bound to CW through AVIOS 24hrs before and even bagged upper deck. An amazing night flight, left on time. Have always found UD crew fantastic, two pre departure drinks, and mixed fleet seemed genuinely flying to serve. Only downside was pretty terrible dinner - starter and salad dreadful, steak main not much better. Requested tray be taken away and skip dessert. Reclined and slept - and got woken 6 hours later for a bacon roll. Landed at LHR on time, through security, four bags collected and out of airport in 25 minutes. Club World and Heathrow fantastic when it goes well. Apart from food and beverage – a definite 10/10. Will be a very sad day when the 747s retire, UD on A380 far more cramped.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Mark Gentleman    (UK)

EDI-LHR-FCO-LHR-EDI. EDI lounge good. Flight to LHR on time, food decent, attentive crew. North lounge at T5 much better than chaotic South lounge. Flight to FCO by 3 cabin 767 so upgraded using avios - fully flat beds, great FA's, superb food, good wine. Lounge at FCO okay, food not great. Flight delayed at FCO due to storms at LHR so ample time to use the flat beds, watch a film and relax. FA excellent, food very good again. Overall the flights and service were superb.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Donal Ryan    (Ireland)

London Heathrow to Singapore. Brand New 777-300 very comfortable very clean. Entertainment was good and food tasty but very small portions. Staff functional but not friendly only one water run in 13 hours. Arrive early so cant complain. Better than Qantas flight Singapore to Brisbane.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

Paphos - LGW, 11th June. We had monitored the outbound flight on the internet, so we knew it was about an hour late although we did not receive a text from BA to confirm this. We arrived at Paphos airport to a somewhat chaotic scene as the queue for security was snaking back around the complete length of the check in area and ultimately merging with the passengers looking for and waiting to check in with a number of different airlines. BA had 3 check in counters open, one of which was for Club Europe, with around eight couples queuing for each one. We had checked in online but still had to drop the cases off and receive our boarding passes and this took approx 20 minutes. I then asked where the fast track through security was, what a stupid question that was as, as there wasn't one. After 45 minutes in the queue, we finally made it to the shared lounge and settled down to a glass of wine or two. The food options were OK but again not a great choice for veggies. The flight home left around 45 minutes late and was fairly uneventful with a relaxed cabin crew. We were off the plane quickly but then had to wait for around 45 minutes for the cases to arrive on the carousel although fortunately, ours soon came through. Overall just an OK flight but BA's premier European product is somewhat underwhelming.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by L Campbell    (UK)

Flew LHR-CPT-LHR as British Airways is only carrier flying direct London to Cape Town. Outward flight due to leave 21.30 delayed by nearly 3 hours and the communication at the departure lounge was abysmal, lots of unhappy passengers at the lack of information being given out. Fell asleep when finally got on board only to be woken an hour later to be given my "special meal" which I hadn't requested. Told stewardess it was not for me and she rather huffily took it away. When the trolley came round with the regular meals i was not offered one - this suited me as I don't relish eating at 1 o'clock in the morning, but thought it rather petty of them to ignore me. Return flight was on time but had passenger from hell next to me who was too large for the very narrow economy seats so I spent the night sitting at an angle as it was impossible to sit straight with Mrs Large spilling over onto my seat. Well done to the stewardess who put up with her obnoxious behaviour with a long suffering smile.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by D Remnant    (UK)

London Gatwick to Orlando. No surprises to guess that as our original flight to Tampa was cancelled this is not a good review. Due to a technical problem with our plane our flight was cancelled. After finding out from other passengers in the terminal that our flight was cancelled, we were marched back through the airport to queue for our luggage, to queue to go back through immigration, to queue for our details to be entered onto the BA system for an unexplained reason. What an insult to have to stand in line 3 times, for over 3 hours. No extra staff, no positive explanations, no apologies, no customer service, only a lie of a promise of a special flight the following day to our original destination (which did not happen) and some inadequate vouchers for food and drinks. After accepting that our flight was cancelled and then accepting the fact we would be travelling the following day, BA then just drop an email to all passengers to advise them what arrangements had really been made. Our first arrangement was a flight 24 hours after our original departure time from Heathrow to Charlotte to Tampa. We did not book our direct flight by accident, why on earth we would we accept a flight with a stop over. I declined this arrangement for a flight instead to Orlando. A longer busier flight, a bigger busier more time consuming airport, a 3 hour drive from our holiday destination. We arrived 32 hours later than our original arrival time and therefore lost a day and a half of our holiday. To add further insult, on our return flight, the extra leg room seats we paid £100 for not allocated to us! Uncomfortable claustrophobic seating, cheap microwave style food, cheap wine, unacceptable and a waste of money.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by I Jackson    (UK)

Club Europe - supposedly premium - had the misfortune of seat 1f - normally a great seat in Club Europe - but for a 4 hour flight LGW to ACE - cramped (not quite as bad as the rest of CE with new - not advertised - 30 inch rather than 34 inch seat pitch) - no window, just a wall. Add to this limited luggage space think its EasyJet with middle seat free for £600 more. Is it worth it - no, thinking avoid BA CE offering - shame I've a few flights to suffer yet. Purser - "this is it now - get used to it" - service downhill too.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by Claire Shawcross    (Canada)

We travelled to and from Europe in business class for a two week Mediterranean cruise. We upgraded to business for the added benefit of sleep. My first impression is that the fleet is tired and not very well kept. The seats were uncomfortable, the cabin was dirty and staff were surly. The food, as expected on any airplane, was adequate though nothing to brag about (take advantage of the scones and clotted cream - their only saving grace). Upon our return we awaited in London Heathrow Terminal 5 for them to put the gate on our flight. It finally appeared 20 minutes before the flight where it showed we were in satellite C - it took us over 15 minutes to get there to have the gate agent tell us we should have been there earlier. She did upgrade us so we thought at least that was a perk. Well I am here to tell all - don't pay the money. There is little to no difference in first class. The seats are just as uncomfortable, the food was the same and I still felt like a second class citizen. This time I think it was because were an upgrade so we were always served last and with little selection/choice. To tell you the truth if I had paid for this upgrade I would have been upset as I don't believe this is up to par. We also did a connector flight from Venice to London on the Saturday. The airport was a disaster (3 cruise ships all flying out the same time), no organization from the agents and very little help. When we got on the other side of the check in the multi-million dollar duty free area was amazing but really they should have taken some of the money to deal with the check in area. Upon moving through security we were kept in the dungeon area of the airport to wait with tepid air conditioning while our flight was delayed with no explanation. When we were finally boarded we were told by the captain that the delay was due to thunderstorms and we were still going to have to wait. The last part is not fully BA's fault (they don't design the airports or determine airspace closure) however their agents did nothing to make it better either (by having people out to direct traffic or give us updates). All in all I don't believe I will ever fly BA again - this is unfortunate because they used to set the standard - now they are barely sweeping up the floor (wish they had - at least it may have been cleaner).

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Barry Hebblethwaite    (UK)

BKK to LHR in club world, 777-200, seat 3E and 3F on June 12th. We fly BA a lot and the service can be a bit hit and miss but this flight has been our best flight ever with BA, great food and plenty of it, nice choice of wine, well stocked club kitchen for snacks, but it was the crew that made this flight outstanding - from the start a real credit to BA.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by H Davis    (UK)

Recently travelled LHR to San Francisco and returned via Las Vegas, flight BA0264. Some years since doing long haul and forget how tiring it can be. Flight out was 'ok' but return not so. Outbound spoilt by an hour or so delay when boarded as they decided to change one of the wheels, glad they did though. Return yesterday not so good as flight again delayed by about one and a half hours but no real explanation. I realise people want to sleep but they can be so inconsiderate at times. No sooner in their seats and fully reclined. Meal was just adequate, curried chicken, but breakfast of a very hard croissant with jam, a nutty bar, some dried cranberries and coffee was not what I really wanted after a delayed 9 hour flight. Entertainment had good choices but sound quality was poor. Boarding process in Las Vegas was rather shambolic. Will still try and 'fly the flag' again.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Riaz Osmani    (UK)

LHR-Belfast-LHR over a weekend. Ground staff and flight attendants very professional and friendly. Excellent announcements from the cockpit due to weather related delay outbound. Seats on board A319 very comfortable. Why save a penny by eliminating napkins with beverages? Very cheap indeed. The 55 minute flight both ways went quickly. Generous with drinks and the snacks were satisfactory (try the low cost competitors). BA is ideal for short haul flights within the UK and to/from continental Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Dave Robinson    (UK)

I flew LHR-YVR, outwards 20th May 2014 on 747. The cabin newly fitted and no problems on return leg, 10th June 2014 we were greeted with old style fittings. The whole cabin was very shabby and the seats were damaged and the TV set was unwatchable as the picture was so dark. Even the staff apologised for the state of the cabin and seats, so if it is so bad why do BA sell these seats. I would be unlikely to book 1st class again with BA unless they would guarantee that the plane would have the updated seats and cabin.

© 1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.