British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by C King    (USA)

Flew from Boston to Rome via LHR on British Air Premium Economy (Club World Plus). The transatlantic portion was a B747 and the shorter leg was an A321. The transatlantic flight was very good, with a separate section for the premium economy. We boarded early, received good service from the flight crew, the extra several inches made the flight more pleasant. The food was decent (dinner and a snack later in the flight). I spoke to BA on the phone to make arrangements a few days before the flight and received very good customer service. Although premium economy is definitely not business class, it was still a good value.

British Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by A Ucfaaay    (UK)

I've used BA a number of time on long haul routes (eg LHR-ISB / LHR-DEL / LHR-DAR / DAR-LHR / PEK-LHR / LHR-NRT) and a couple of short haul routes (eg LHR-VIE / WAW-LHR). In that time I've always received excellent inflight service, good food and friendly cabin staff. I can only recall having had two delayed flight with BA. I'm always happy to use them again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 February 2014 by M Heath    (UK)

My husband and I flew to St.Lucia in Club World class a few days ago. Although regularly fly to NZ we had not used BA for many years due to their poor handling of our last trip with them in 2000. The Terraces lounge at Gatwick was big and well appointed but the choice of hot food was poor. Porridge or baked beans! The toilets and shower rooms looked ok but were shared, I think with the first class lounge so I felt that was a little unfair on the First class travellers. How can I describe the lay out? It certainly has not been devised with the best interest of the traveller or that of the crew in mind but probably to try and squeeze more people in the same space. The amenity kit is an insult with no earplugs or eye mask. Fortunately, I had read about this and brought my own. We had to beg for water bottles. My husband's TV screen on the way out did not stay open and he had to wedge it with some cardboard. The choice of films and especially TV programs was very poor indeed and again a far cry from what the other airlines offer. Going out my husband sat by the window facing backwards and I sat in the aisle. It felt like he had been put in a box. On our return flight, we sat together, in a box facing backwards. There was a child in the aisle on my husband's side and a gentleman in the aisle on my side. There was no way of avoiding eye contact as we were so close. The crew had to pass our drinks, food etc. over the head of the people in the aisle on either side of us including hot drinks over the child's head. My husband was forgotten many time and was offered breakfast just as we were due to start landing. The quality of dinner was ok, drinks ok, breakfast was a joke with the lady cabin crew rattling off as fast as she could what my options were. I had to make her repeat herself, but basically I had a choice of juice or yoghurt or fruit, a stale pastry and a cup or tea or coffee. No hot dish at all, there was mention of a bacon roll which did not materialise. Compared to the breakfasts offered by the airlines mentioned above, it was very poor and small. Bearing in mind this was a trial to decide whether to start using BA again for our regular NZ trips, after a 14 years gap, there is absolutely no way we will entertain this any further.

British Airways Customer review :  28 February 2014 by J Vancurova    (UK)

Sydney-Singapore, Singapore-London. Seats very narrow, food was awful. I am not a fussy eater but I could not eat that. My husband didn't even get a choice of starter, it was put in front of him. The worst of all was the crew. I have never experience such unprofessional behaviour. One male attendant called me "love" at one point which I found unacceptable. You could see that they did not want to be there and did not enjoy their job. BA business class is ridiculously overpriced and when you get such a bad service, it really doesn't help. We contacted BA afterwards by email and post so they can improve their customer service however we did not get any reply.

British Airways Customer review :  28 February 2014 by R DeFrutos    (USA)

LHR to Boston, late departure and late arrival. Plane lavatories not very clean at the time of boarding. Poor service in general. Food terrible. FA's not very attentive. I was expecting a better service from BA.

British Airways Customer review :  27 February 2014 by D Citoyen    (USA)

I flew from Milan Malpensa to Phoenix with my ticket originally issued by British Airways. They booked me for 3 last minute flights, they had a great co-operation with JetBlue airlines, plus sending my untagged baggage all the way from Milan to Phoenix. Very satisfied.

British Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by G Young    (UK)

Oct 25-30th. BA265 BA216. Flew NCL-LHR-IAD. Going out was an older style 777 but still in good condition. FA's were great as he was trying to get us a glass of bubbly at 3pm our time. My 2 son's had the 2 seats behind us which they loved and they called FA's frequently for drinks/snacks. The return leg was a new 777 which had an excellent AVOD system with a great choice of films. I've flown several times with BA and I am always impressed.

British Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by G Bennett    (UK)

Belfast City - London Heathrow - Mexico City. Out 16th Feb, return 21st Feb. Excellent service in Club World (business) both ways. Cabin Crew couldn't do enough to help. Seat was comfortable, food was of a high standard and there was a good selection of wine. Flights were all on time and boarding was very smooth. The only issue I would mention would be the lounge in Mexico City. It was a shared (Iberia + American Airlines) facility and there was not adequate seating available.

British Airways Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Thomas Taylor    (UK)

Newish plane. Pleasant service. Broken seat which could not recline for a 12 hour flight from Rio to Heathrow. BA charged a £50 booking fee for this. Use another airline if possible.

British Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Ian Myles    (UK)

Returned to UK on overnight flight from BWI. A woman was sitting in my seat because she wanted to claim the entire row. This is a common situation on any airline but extremely annoying. A young child kept kicking the back of my seat for the entire duration. The person in front of me had extra legroom but had his seat fully reclined. He extended his arms and hands into my space in front of me. I have major issues with reclined seats, especially with extreme lack of space between seats on a long journey. The meal was appalling. The foil cover on my meal was partially open and the bread roll was as hard as a brick - totally inedible. On my outward flight the previous week I was not given a meal. The attendant walked straight past me. I am not usually a complainer but I felt the attention to service was less than it could have been. I am nearly 59 but some of the staff looked a lot older than me. Ageism is not acceptable in the workplace. However, how long can an older person maintain efficiency in this line of work? Hand baggage is another source of annoyance. Usually, after waiting for my turn to be called onto the aircraft, I can't stow my bag above my seat or any place nearby! I travelled business class on BA from the Middle East 18 months ago and service was excellent but after two recent transatlantic flights economy really is Cattle class. I may have to use this airline again by necessity, but I am absolutely dreading it.

British Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by J Badcock    (UK)

MRU-LGW, 19th Feb 2014. Terrible food, unhelpful staff, uncomfortable seat. Not value for money.

British Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by A Amaladoss    (UK)

LHR-NBO-LHR return in business class. Check-in was busy, and signage wasn't very clear if you needed to collect a boarding pass. Fast track through security was similarly slow, but it was the start of the half term school hols with lots of people going skiing! Used lounge at the B gates at Terminal 5 which was adequate. The cooked breakfast selection could have been more interesting. Boarding was straightforward and the cabin on this B777-200 was well maintained. Now given a choice of two champagnes, including a pink one. This was perfectly chilled and a delight. Refills were offered very generously. Lunch choices were good and presented well. Given a lot of information about arrivals in Nairobi, following the fire last year. Disembarked into coaches which didn't really have space for bags. Return flight was good too. There is no lounge at Nairobi, but tables were set up in a corner of the boarding gate with a good range of canapés and alcoholic beverages. Flight was slightly delayed by a cargo issue, but we got into Heathrow about 20 mins late. Given cards to access the arrivals lounge but did not do so. Both sets of FAs were friendly and engaging, and helpful, and a credit to BA.

British Airways Customer review :  25 February 2014 by K Chandru    (USA)

Bangalore to Washington DC, Flight BA217, BA293. The connecting flight was delayed 2 hours upon which at the London airport the landing was delayed 30 minutes, which completely ruled out the possibility of catching our flight. Since this happens due to weather conditions, it was acceptable. The most disappointing part was that they took almost 6 hours to rebook a flight. This was the worst experience in my travel, moving forward I will keep British airways as my last option for flying and will never choose them if they have given a layover time of 2 hours.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Paul Clifford    (UK)

LHR to Madrid. Flight was cancelled due to bad weather but able to book another online after receiving email. Gate staff were rude and ridiculously pedantic towards all passengers. Once on board flight was ok but it was late leaving because of the length time taken to board.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Andrew Wilkes    (UK)

LHR to MXP return LIN to LHR both Club Europe. Outward flight delayed by missing tug at remote stand and rather irritated to discover that priority bags came off last at Malpensa. On board service at breakfast good and pursar did his job very well. Galleries South at LHR good. Return from Linate ran early, which is impressive on a Friday evening. Lounge at Linate comfortable but food choice poor. On board catering and service excellent and enjoyed my champagne on a Friday evening. All in all very happy on return trip.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

Hong Kong - LHR. This was our homeward bound flight after a three weeks tour of the Far East. As with the outbound flight it was on a brand new A380. I discovered that every last seat on the entire plane was a sell out. We used the Cathay Pacific 1st Class lounge for dinner as the alternative was to eat about 1.00 am from the take off at 11.45pm. The food was fine but the ambience resembled a wine bar that had tried to be cool and minimalistic - but failed miserably. It was black marble and white plastic in the dining area. Horrible. I do find it astonishing how badly the new 1st Class seat is designed. It is more apparent when you spend 10 hours from the 13 hours flight time - lying on your back. (or sides). Compared with Emirates 1st class - you realty have very little space at all. I was often cold. The bathroom area up front was absolutely freezing. The TV screen is small and misplaced. The duvets seem thinner than last year and the so called amenities bag is now cheap and nasty. (In December on a JFK flight they were fine). I can only assume accountants designed this seat rather than a luxury "furniture" brand. I really was not very comfortable on the hard flat bed seat. I am 6 4"tall and of average build. When the seat is reclined to bed mode, you almost have to be a gymnast to ease yourself out from the seat - say when you want to use the bathroom. BA fall woefully short here and even the senior FA admitted they had many negative comments from frequent flyers on the seat design. I guess we are stuck with it now - but I would never pay the full on price and would always look for the "sales" to buy this product - or buy elsewhere. We arrived bang on time and went straight in without being stacked. Breakfast was fine. FA were very good (as they mostly always seem to be).

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by C McGaw    (UK)

We've just returned from a short trip to Alicante in the Euro Traveller Cabin. The service from the cabin crew was excellent and professional both ways, and we ware served an appropriate snack / drink suited to the time of day. Easy bag drop at LGW and ALC, and online check in 24 hours prior was gratefully appreciated. British Airways do offer a superior service on the Alicante route and and it will be a shame the Heathrow / Alicante service will be withdrawn shortly.

British Airways Customer review :  24 February 2014 by J Badcock    (UK)

LGW-MRU. Comfortable flat bed seats. Plane very crowded so staff a bit overworked but still helpful and attentive. Entertainment system failed and despite efforts by staff unable to fix. Because the plane was full and many passengers were upgraded unable to move seats. No fun travelling 12 hours with no entertainment.

© 1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.