British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Sansom Chris    (UK)

LHR-MAD-LHR, BA458/463 out on A319 G-EUOE and return on B763 G-BZHB excellent flights both ways. The cabin service was very good and I got the seating as requested, nice refurbished B763 on the return journey. Definitely my choice of carrier.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DXB-LHR, B777-200ER, BA0108, August 18, First Class. Transferred from an Emirates flight in DXB. BA DXB Galleries Lounge reception staff member excellent. Boarding reasonable, with an on-time departure. Cabin crew outstanding, and definitely lived up to the "To Fly. To Serve" BA slogan. Food tasty and well presented, but not quite First Class, and cost-cutting was evident. The New First seat is comfortable, though the footrest is poorly designed, and a storage area for small inflight items is missing. IFE monitor, controls and selection very good, but the screen could be more adjustable for reach. Lovely cabin ambience, including colors, textures, mood lighting and window blinds. Toilets cramped and stocked with the cheapest liquid soaps and toilet paper. Overall, an enjoyable flight, but as a longstanding and very loyal BA customer (Gold Tier), I ask that they seriously consider improving their product in an increasingly competitive market. Arrived a little late at LHR, with remote stand disembarking and bus transfer to T5.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by R Vines    (UK)

I flew from Gatwick to Rome and back on holiday and was pleasantly surprised by the standard of food and service. The salad on the outward flight was exceptional and the steward on the return leg (in a near-full cabin) was anticipating what passengers might want. BA food baffles me. I've flown First a few times in the past few years and the food was so bad, I thought BA should pay compensation as well as refunding the flight ticket. In Business, it is usually OK. The only letdown this time was the lounge at Gatwick. It was like a Ryanair holding pen.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by David Paton    (UK)

On 28th July flew from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Flight was delayed 3 hours as it had been hit by lightening on the flight, this we accepted but what happened afterwards means I will never use them again. 1) Information or details of what was happening had to bedraggled out of them. 2) At no time was any refreshment offered. 3) The flight was further delayed to allow people to transfer back onto this flight when they choose to be transferred to a later flight rather than wait to see what was happening this lead to a further delay of 1 hour. 4) No breakfast or snack was served for health and safety reasons. 5) Although they stated we would be well hydrated during the flight only one drink service was provided, this consisted of 4 fluid oz cup of water between 7.00am and 2.30pm. 6) They then proceeded to leave our luggage at Edinburgh while we travelled to Gatwick. 7) After giving us the run around for an hour and a half they then decided to tell us they could not track our bags. 8) It then took them two days to locate them and send them from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Would I use again or recommend - never in a month of Sundays.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by P Priyanu    (Germany)

I flew from Munich to Boston via Heathrow T5 (15 August 2014): Munich to Heathrow first flight out of Munich at 7.20. The flight was good, leaving on time but due to flight delayed arriving from London the night before, so we did not get breakfast served on business class. From Heathrow T5 to Boston as the flight was nice but the business seat was OK nothing special in comparison to other Airline like Iberia business which is much nicer. The cabin crew was nice and friendly, food was nice as I have selected to have only salad instead of hot meal. I managed to have a good rest all the way to Boston after the meal.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Chander Ahluwalia    (USA)

LHR-EWR, Club World. Offered 400 GBP upgrade from Prem Econ a day prior. T5 lounge experience positive - good selection of food which was well labelled. Had a treatment - chair massage and Elemis staff were most attentive. Dreamliner is a great way to fly - although delayed half an hour arrived ahead of time. Felt relaxed - addressed by name throughout and the crew was friendly and yes smiled. Two hot towel services and the multi course dinner was served without fuss. Not sure about the wash bag- although it is more convenient to carry off. Entertainment options are excellent. Baggage waiting for me at carousel. Good flight for BA.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Ravi Mene    (UK)

BA 56, JNB-LHR, 15 August 2014, Business class, A380, upper deck. The flight did not live up to expectations. Too many seats makes business class cabin look crowded, narrow seats with each row facing in opposite direction, no problem with this but this impedes free movement for some of the seats, specially the ones in the middle and window side, also not much space for storage of personal items like specs etc. The window blinds of this section in upper deck were kept lowered through the entire 11 hr flight, with no cue of any outside light whatsoever until we landed at Heathrow and parked to the stand, felt like sitting in a light proof box with artificial illumination. I thought you need to keep the blinds open for landing and take off? The 747 business class is more comfortable than A380.

British Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Jill Young    (UK)

We paid 2500 to upgrade to world traveller plus, when we got to departure lounge we were upgraded to business class which was brilliant but air hostess made a point of letting us known plus other people that we had a free upgrade. On the return journey in world traveller plus not happy, table broken and air steward very sarcastic, food very bad plus stewards seemed as if they were doing you a favour. Paid a lot of money to fly to Maldives, have no choice to fly BA to go direct, stewards male or female need to remember that we are customers paying a lot of money for a service.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Mark Bradley    (UK)

I flew London to Beijing in Club World on BA039 on Aug 7. The cabin was a disgrace. I sat in the upper deck, seat 62A, and what worried me was the filthy window, the metallic looking tape on the emergency exit door and the foam strip that was hanging down. In addition, the carpet, and lockers were filthy inside. Food and service were excellent, but I will vote with my wallet, and boycott BA from now on, wherever possible.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by M Heather    (UK)

LGW-TFS-LGW, Club Europe. Travelled with hand baggage only given the well publicised issues with Swissport baggage handling at LGW. Outbound flight (15/7/2014) was BA at its best. On time departure (a rarity it seems at LGW for BA), A320 in fair condition with additional leg room in Club Europe, and two excellent flight attendants. The return (22/7/2014) was a different story. Probably my worst BA flight ever. Delayed departure from TFS though only about 10 minutes late in arrival at LGW. No additional leg room on this A320 in Club Europe. Lazy cabin crew who did the bare minimum with limited grace. And screaming infants, out of control toddlers and ignorant teenagers in the Club Europe cabin - not the airline's fault but they could have and should have done more to manage the situation. One example - two teenagers in row 1 immediately reclined their seats into the faces of the couple in front of us after take off. The cabin crew didn't even make the teenagers raise their seats during the meal service. All credit to the couple in front of us, though. They had the manners not to recline their seats into our faces. The substantial premium to fly Club Europe is just not worth it when other people's children are not controlled and the promised additional 'personal space' is not provided. Scores are an average of both flights: outbound top marks across the board (bar entertainment, there was none), inbound I would have preferred to score zero.

British Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Marie Thompson    (UK)

18 August 2014, Gatwick to Orlando, flight details and departure went well. However when the food was served on the flight there was limited choice, chicken or sausages which was fine until they ran out and then could only offer the veggie option which was pasta which my Father in Law doesn't eat so he ended up with 2 bread rolls as his lunch/dinner. This was served within the first hour of our over 8 hour flight and then 7 hours later we were served a snack which only had one option, coronation chicken (chicken again!) which only 2 in our party of 6 liked. Again my Father in Law had nothing as he was 1 of the 4. Pretty poor show British Airways as we travelled with Virgin to Mexico in June this year economy class and they offered a menu with three choices for lunch/dinner with enough for everyone! Again when the snack was served option were given and enough for all. Virgin also provided a very good entertainment system with up to date films, TV and games which was something you need on a long journey, again BA was not able to provide. BA your competitors are definitely offering more value for our money! I wouldn't not fly BA again as I don't like to limit my choices however I would definitely prefer to fly Virgin in future. In my opinion all flights should have enough food for all of their passengers and look at what they are offering as coronation chicken didn't go down well with a large number of passengers, what's happened to good old ham or cheese?

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Kathleen Kirby    (UK)

We flew from LHR to Luxembourg on an afternoon flight, we enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea and champagne because it was my husbands birthday. Flight attendants very efficient and jolly, we felt very much as if we were having a really nice birthday celebration up in the sky! Baggage received very quickly on both flights. We travelled back in economy and it was really good with drinks and a biscuit or crisps. Only problem was that there was no place for the aircraft to park up when we got in due to bad weather. We were off as quickly as they could, so it wasn't too bad!

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by W Sachs    (USA)

We flew the A380 from LAX-LHR-JNB-LHR-LAX in August 2014 in business class. This plane was designed by someone who never flew it. The seats are so close together, with no room on the window side to get out when the seats are flat. A person has to put up the foot rest for a place to stand and then step over the person next to them to get out into the aisle. In addition, the person on the window seat gets all the food handed to them in front of the face of the person on the aisle. They have put so many people in each row that the seats are very narrow. There is virtually no place ( a small drawer at the seat) for personal items to be used during the flight without getting out of the seat to get something from the overhead.

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Mohanty Pranav    (USA)

My journey was from BOM to LHR (I had a connecting flight from LHR to MIA, surprisingly enough the transit at LHR wasn't all that bad). Aircraft 777-200. Got a complimentary upgrade from World Traveler to World Traveler Plus. The seat was good and spacious, service was professional, and the food was nice, especially the English breakfast that was served prior to landing. The only drawback was the absence of overhead air vents, which at times made it a little stuffy, and the in-flight entertainment which lacked the variety of Emirates, for example. Overall a pleasant experience. Wouldn't mind flying with BA again at all.

British Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Kevin Tunnicliffe    (UK)

Sad to say, BA missed a big opportunity when their new 787 and A380 entered service. Same old, sub standard business class seating as on the retired 747s. Compared to many airlines the BA premium service is poor and I don't know how they keep a 4 star rating. The cabin crew were excellent though I will concede. Food was very poor with my steak ruined because it was swimming in grease (laughingly referred to as jus), which mixed with the hollandaise sauce to make a disgusting mess. The 787 was good and BA have improved their IFE system but screens are small and have to be stowed for take off and landing unlike those in economy and premium. Pay more get less.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Commins Susan    (Ireland)

I was on BA 835 from Dublin to LHR on 25th July 2014 which left Dublin at 13.05 and my travel plans were such that I had sufficient time to connect with my flight from LHR to Hong Kong. On leaving Dublin the pilot opined that it was a good day to fly! On reaching LHR we were informed that due to thunderstorms we were to be diverted to Gatwick and were running out of fuel. In summary, we sat on the tarmac at Gatwick for over two hours with only scant updates as to when we would be taking off for LHR and the temperature inside the cabin became oppressive which added to the misery. On reaching LHR BA staff were, in my opinion, ineffectual with a 'sorry and shrug of the shoulders' and with no real assistance for those passengers on connecting flights. I was lucky, as I managed to get on my flight to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific, but with only moments to spare, after a dash to terminal 3. Whilst I understand the volatility of the weather, the real point of my review is that BA appears to have abandoned the basics of customer service and this is clearly reflected in BA's absence in the top 10 airline ratings. Could do a lot better!

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Buettner Thomas    (Germany)

Flight BA 937, Dusseldorf to London on 13th March and BA 932 back to Dusseldorf on 15th March. Both flights served by Airbus A319. Cabin was in a good shape, seat pitch 34 inch and the width 17 inch. Lounge in DUS (Airport owned Lounge) is quite nice but nothing special, Lounge of BA in LHR T5 is very good with a lot of space, even it was very busy at this time, but anyway, we know it from other times when it was quite empty. No check-in because of hand luggage only. BA 937 was delayed for about 1 hour due to foggy weather in London so the very nice staff start to serve Drinks to reduce the waiting time on ground. Brunch served after takeoff, a choice between a cold platter with assorted cheese and meat and bread/rolls or a warm cheese and ham croissant and salad. Drinks including Champagne were served twice. More enough for that relatively short flight. Check-in for BA 932 (bought liquids) in T5 was very quick, also friendly staff. BA Lounge, as I wrote was busy but worth it to reduce waiting time. Very nice flight attendants, drinks served 3 times, light Dinner with mixed salad. No real Inflight Entertainment (like on most IntraEuropean Flights), small TVs with flight information.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Abdullah Maje    (UK)

Heathrow to Newark on 787. Flight was pleasant and comfortable. Left Heathrow 1 hour late but arrived on time. Seat was comfortable and food was ok. Service was excellent but had to walk outside in the rain to catch a bus to take us to our plane. Would recommend BA due to service and Heathrow T5.

British Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by R John    (UK)

BA25, Aug 8th, LHR-HKK. Club World. Upper deck. Overall a good flight. The service was a bit robotic. Pre- departure drinks offered. Main and breakfast served. For the main course I opted for the healthy / light meal which was tasty and just what I wanted as I was trying to avoid a heavy meal before bed. I was surprised at the limited wine selection: Two whites and two reds. I had a NZ Sauv Blanc which was tasty but 'connoisseurs' may have felt restricted by choice. The staff were, overall, very pleasant and happy to help when asked but just weren't pro-active. Passengers (myself included) were having to ask for things that should have been attended to without request. They seemed 5 minutes too slow for drink rounds, meal service, etc. This is a small complaint however, as I managed a solid 7 hours of sleep and the overall experience was good. The entertainment system on the A380 is much improved and is as good as any I have flown VS,SG etc. The window seat is certainly more private and feels much more spacious with the storage compartments under the windows and I would recommend these - especially over middle seats. All in all a solid business class but still lagging behind the likes of CX or SG primarily because of service and seat layout. There is a 'Britishness' to the product which still makes me smile.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.