British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

MLA-LGW, April 28th. Business Class. Old cheap (BMI plane) economy seats nearly paper thin, no difference from economy seat. They don't sell the middle seat so it's two passengers per row. BA that is not our concern, it is not about having an empty seat beside it is about comfort for the one I have paid for. Business lounge in Malta has a poor selection, even less that than LGW business lounge and that's saying something. Yes I got a deal on the fare but I have in no way been encouraged to continue and consistently book business class seats. I don't trust BA to provide me with a premium product consistently so therefore won't risk higher business class fares. I even booked long haul in economy with them as I have not been convinced to pay the upgrade. Food ok, staff ok.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LHR - Rome Fiumicino, Jun 1st. Great cabin crew, silly priced (cheap ticket) can't complain. It was an A321 which tend to be the better aircraft with BA (from my experience) in Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LIS-LHR, May 10th, Business Class, Airbus 321. Best cabin crew service ever on this flight. Lady in charge of the Business Cabin was superb. Food great. Proper Business seats, good space comfort and functioning - if I could be assured of this each time I fly with BA in Europe then I would choose it more frequently and be willing to pay more than the cheapest Business fares knowing this was what awaits. Frustrating part of this trip BA knowing well in advance there were delays but not informing people until it was long as past obvious.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

SIN-LHR-JFK in Business on B747 for both legs. Significant improvement over the LHR-SIN leg of the trip. Food out of SIN considerably better than LHR, both planes and cabins more updated and in better repair. Service attentive on both legs. Singapore ground staff to be commended for their efforts to assist in lost bag on the previous LHR- SIN leg of the trip due to massive problems at Heathrow on June 9. Got the impression that BA actually cared and tried to help resolve as best they could. IFE still lags behind the other carriers such as CX, QF with relatively limited options, but on balance an improved experience.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LHR-LIS, 10 May, Business Class. Lounge at T3 spacious - food selection limited and 'dated'. Disappointing as I am finding myself leaving the business lounge in search of a better food offering which is defeating the purpose. Flight - irritating its the old economy seats nothing more, as I have written before this is basically being sold as something it may not be and does not allow me to trust BA to choose this option every time or to risk paying more than the bottom business class fare when I choose to fly in this cabin. Staff great food on board bus cabin good.

British Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by G Brindley    (UK)

The outward trip Manchester - Heathrow - Milan was fine, with even a guide to take us to our connection at LHR Terminal 5. The return trip Munich - Heathrow - Manchester was not so good. The system would not let me check-in online, and despite being the first in the queue at airport check-in we had already been allocated seats right at the back (we discovered on boarding - no plan or explanation given on check-in) with no recline. Both planes were late, and at Heathrow especially the communication was poor: at one point the board said 'Please wait', then there was a 'last call' even though the gate had not yet opened; the staff seemed unconcerned at the delay, no explanation or apology were offered unless they were in the inaudible announcement, but I doubt it as it was quite short. Having arrived at Munich to check in at 1.30pm we eventually got to Manchester at 9pm, not too late as the pilot made up some of the lost time (all excellent pilots, by the way). But during this time the only refreshments were a small packet of crisps and a drink, twice. Not impressive, although the staff on board were friendly and polite.

British Airways Customer review :  11 June 2014 by R Tompkins    (UK)

LHR to DXB Return. Outbound flight delayed 2 hours, just as well as it took over an hour to clear security. Remote lounge quiet, nice food and wine. Jumbo on way out, new interior, new and very good entertainment, excellent attentive crew, food as usual poor - (recommend you always eat at the airport which given cost of flight one really shouldn't have to). Inbound flight on a 777. Same on way back as on way in except also on time, but must commend 2 crew members for their endless patience with one clown of a passenger.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by J Yates    (UK)

LHR-LAX-LHR. This route is the new A380 which I was very much looking forward to travelling on, it certainly did not disappoint. I paid 20 extra to reserve seats in the upper deck at the very back, this area is only 4 rows separated by galley and toilets and really does feel like its own private cabin. Plus the seating on the upper deck in a 2-4-2 layout means sitting by the window not only feels more spacious as you only have 1 person next to you but due to the shape of the A380 you get huge amounts of shoulder room and access to little storage lockers below the window. Flew Virgin UC on my last trip to LA in a tired and dated aircraft and BA economy was welcome. Can not recommend BA enough.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by S Levy    (USA)

We just flew round trip on the new A380 from LAX to LHR (and then on to Rome). The A380 business class area was nice and the food was decent. However, the layout of the seats wasn't great (you have to jump over the person next to you when they have their seat in a flat position). Also, avoid the aisle seats, as you feel like you're out in the open and people are constantly bustling by. As well, the seats on the aisle have zero storage space so you are constantly getting up to get things out of the storage bin above you or losing them under your seat. The BA lounge in LAX was ok, nothing great (although the food was decent) and their South Lounge in LHR, Terminal 5 was just ok - very busy and crammed with people. Nowhere to relax and enjoy some downtime. The food was the worst we've ever experienced in a lounge (only things available were horrible little sandwiches, a few cookies and drinks. Since LHR is the hub for BA we expected way more. However, our biggest issue was with the staff on board the flights. They were highly erratic in quality. Some were very friendly and helpful, others were beyond rude. I had read that British Air now has a new system where the same staff does not do the same routes on a consistent basis. There are apparently a lot of "floaters", who come and go and work different flights by choice. To me this seems like a big mistake, and most likely causes the huge discrepancy in service. Our flight home was an hour late (BA seems to be late a lot, based on the many reviews). They also managed to lose all of our luggage. We travel a lot and will no longer choose British Airways, as it's too much of a "Russian Roulette" as to whether your service will be good or not.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by S Lewis    (UK)

We travelled Club Europe from Gatwick to Paphos as we were going out to get married. The extra luggage was handy due to the dress and all the extras that we needed to take but we could have paid for the extra space at much less a cost. As it was our wedding we decided to treat ourselves and go the full hog so spent nearly 1000 extra on Club Europe seats expecting to get a really good experience. Check in was quick and easy but there was no queue at the normal check in either so we didn't really benefit from that. The lounge was nothing particularly impressive although we didn't get there with much time to spare so that was more our fault. We were let on the plane first through the front of the plane, the problem was that the rest of the passengers also came through the same door and through the Club Europe section so to be able to put our bags up into the compartment I had to stand by my seat until the entire plane had boarded. The seating then was just a row of 3 seats with the middle seat blocked off so although there was "extra room" it wasn't what I'd have expected. Our bags were marked as priority with the tags but came out with the rest of the luggage. I don't know if we went in expecting more than we should have but for the extra money we paid I think we were entitled to have higher expectations. Not an ideal way to start our wedding experience. We'd never travel Club Europe again, it was a complete waste of money so hopefully others will read this and save the money to spend on the rest of the holiday!

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-ATH-LHR outbound 6th June. Check in and lounge good as normal at T5' boarding done by bus which I always find odd at the home hub, seat 3a on an A320 I like BA's club Europe and this flight was no different. Nice happy crew and the food, English breakfast was pretty good, flight arrived on time bags off quickly. Return 9th June check in at ATH airport quick and polite, used the lounge which is ok but pretty full with 2 flights leaving about an hour apart. Boarding quick seat 2A and another A320 appeared a bit older but comfortable enough for a 3hr30min flight, crew again friendly, meal service was lunch which was ok, arrival T5 on time and on a gate this time. I read some reviews on here I've travelled a lot with many airlines in economy premium economy business and first, have to say my experience with BA has been mostly very positive. Everyone can have an off day.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by D Prentice    (UK)

London (LHR) to Houston (IAH) to London (LHR). T5 in Heathrow is crazy, We been up and down the lifts and get train to other gates. We got boarding first then people comes in the plane. When the plane was ready to take off, then 1 hour later food ready to give out to other people then nothing until 1 hour before we land. The seat was uncomfortable, old and tired. The Cabin Crew were so miserable.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by R Easson    (UK)

Travelling from Venice to London Gatwick with British Airways on what should have been a painless short flight (2hrs). How wrong I was. Held in boarding queue for about 20 minutes with no explanation. Then got onto flight to find no crew to help passengers in economy with on-boarding, stowing luggage etc. I was sat in very last row and became apparent that the crew were sat at the back, having a laugh. A large number of the passengers on this flight were elderly requiring help putting their hand baggage in the overhead lockers. Did the crew bother to look or help? No. They were sat up the back in the galley having a right old laugh. Only when we started taxi-ing, could they be bothered to finish their chat and do a lacklustre safety demonstration. Which I couldn't see as the crew member demonstrating was right at the front of the plane. I couldn't hear the pilot announcement as the audio was faulty. No idea what he said or what flight conditions were. For a nervous passenger this is not great. Took off and then the crew started for service. The food I couldn't eat as allergic to one of the ingredients and told there was no other option. Fair enough. Was offered a drink about 20 mins before landing. Just as well I had my own water I guess. Finally crew member opened locker above my head on approach and her shoe fell out on my head. Wasn't painful per say, but didn't get apology from crew member at all. She looked at me like it was my fault! I fly BA quite a bit and usually never much of an issue. I found the service on this flight incredible really. I'm still pinching myself to think it was actually BA. I left the flight feeling angry and slightly depressed if this is now the standard product from BA. The plane was old, no map, torn seats, broken arm rests, and rubbish in- flight service. I really will now try to find other airlines for both UK and International flights from now on where-ever possible.

British Airways Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Mark Knowlden    (UK)

LHR-VIE, on an A319. Online check-in didn't start working until about 15 hours before the flight. Selected 13F on a very full flight. Selected "collect at the airport" option. Suddenly, 8E, a middle seat. No aircraft swap, no explanation, no apology. Boarding pass failed to work at security, an error somewhere in the system told security that pass had already been used allegedly before I even got to the airport. Boarding not great, with a packed bus getting a tour of T3. Flight 15 mins late due to congestion at LHR. Service efficient but not overly friendly. Much prefer Austrian on this route, and will return to them for my next trip. A shame as BA should be a world beater - I'd not flown with them for about a year, and it bought back memories as to why I choose others.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.