British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Jane Jasper    (Spain)

BA038 PEK to LHR 28-09-14 Business Class B747-400. First time I have flown BA long haul and in view of the many unhappy travellers on this site - I was keen to see for myself. I can honestly say I have never experienced such a dreadful flight. Antiquated and filthy plane is an experience I would never want to make again. The seating in Business class downstairs is a disgrace I was unlucky enough to have the aisle seat 17G which turned in to a flat bed, so narrow my body and I am small was over the main aisle when asleep being continuously bumped and pushed. Absolutely no privacy in this seat and every one coming out of the toilet and standing and waiting the kitchen area could see my every move. Completely unacceptable. No mattress and only a small blanket. There is nowhere to put even a pair of glasses or a bottle of water once the tray table was put up (necessary to sleep). To get to the centre seats where my husband was - a dirty plastic ‘window’ had to be slid down and hot beverages and food had to be passed across the whole time encroaching on my personal space (what there was of it.) My husband said the middle seats trapped passengers in and getting out involved stepping over people. Extremely difficult for short people. The whole design of the business class seats is very uncomfortable and seriously flawed. The food was badly presented and unappetising. The PA system from the flight deck was inaudible I could not hear the Captain in the pre flight information announcement The other issue was a very mediocre in flight entertainment system, which took an hour to get going, and even the flight tracking information was not available for the whole flight. They weren’t overly concerned just superficial apologies. The toilets were filthy and grimy. The floor edges and all around the basin area where bits were falling off were thick with dirty grease. I looked into the galley and that too including the floors and edges of preparation benches was full of grime. Total disgrace. The Cabin Crew seemed in a state of disorganised chaos having a great view of seeing it all from my seat. Very little contact with passengers other than rather arrogant looks all round. Needless to say I will never travel BA long haul again. They need to get on to an Emirates Airline and see how it should be done. As a regular long-haul traveller on Emirates the difference between these companies is indisputable. Perhaps the so-called ‘loyal’ BA customers have never been on a Emirates flight to compare the difference.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Weber    (USA)

We flew BA from London to Dulles DC 10/8/2014. Unfortunately we were seated in economy so space was very tight but the staff could not have been anymore accommodating which greatly helped.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Martin    (UK)

B787. Just returned from a London - Toronto - London flight. BA appear to be proud of their new "Dreamliner" but they have scored a real own-goal by cramming 9 seats into each row, 3+3+3. The only way this has been achieved is by fitting seats that are far narrower than the norm. We are well used to airlines having unjustifiably uncomfortable seat pitch but this was the first time I have found myself wedged into such a narrow seat - and I am quite slimly-built! Unless BA changes their 787s to a less-cramped layout I will now have no alternative but to make sure I am not flying in a 787, thus often avoiding BA altogether. I will let a BA steward have the last word: "The first time I sat in one of these seats I could not believe how bad they are" - and he, like me, is slim. Come on BA - start having a little regard for your customers' comfort and health.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by M Richards    (UK)

I travelled to Hong Kong with British Airways from Heathrow on a 777-200 outbound and one of their new A380's on the way back, both in World Traveller. It had been a long time since I had travelled with BA (18 years!) but it was one of my better flying experiences. I didn't know what to expect this time round but the seats had plenty of leg room on the 777 on the way out. I was annoyed as I was told to pull my window blind down as other people were sleeping, although I had specifically asked for the window seat for a reason. However the crew were great and asked if I'd like to look out of the window by the jump seat, which I did for a good few hours! Not only that, the crew called the flight crew and the co-pilot walked to the back of the plane to have a chat with me and gave me a map with all the points of interest highlighted with the times we would be above them! Airlines don't have to spend any money to truly satisfy passengers. The seat on the 777 was quite comfortable and the IFE had plenty of selection. The food was good, not dried out and it was tasty. All the toilets were operational and were clean. On the way back I was upstairs on the A380. The aircraft was extremely clean, comfortable and the A380 was ever so quiet in all areas of the flight which really surprised me. I really loved the 'seat locker' next to my window seat which easily fitted the contents of my hand luggage. Food was good again and the crew were again amazing allowing me to visit the flight deck after the flight had safely arrived at Heathrow. Toilets were clean and tody and all operational and the IFE was good. Leg room was good. The only thing I would say is that the IFE does take up a lot of space under the seat meaning that hand luggage cannot really be stored there and it can get in the way of your feet.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-MXP-LHR. Check in/bag drop at T5 once again very slow, appears to be a staff shortage at some times of the day. My FFS allows me to use the lounge so I had time for a quick coffee, I like the BA lounges at T5. Boarding on time, seat 26A on a A320 seemed new with a nice crew a snack and a drink served. Return check in quick Milan Malpenza Airport is horrible! Managed to find lounge close to B35 limited food but quiet, wifi was poor although there is a smoking lounge. Boarding quick seat 19A and another newish A319, full flight snack and drink served crew very chatty early arrival at T5. Good product although I booked on day of travel so a bit expensive.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by P Wylie    (Australia)

Took 6 BA flights as part of a OneWorld RTW trip. JFK to Berlin via LHR, then 4 days later Berlin to MAN via LHR, and 6 weeks later Nice to DXB again via LHR. All flights on time, all cabin crew polite, attentive and thoroughly professional. Refreshments, meals and drinks all appropriate for the flights and times of day. It was a pleasure to fly BA after 5 flights with AA. Just one small attitude problem with a ground agent at LHR while boarding for DXB. We were snapped at and told to wait while other passengers (presumably business class) boarded. We were not in the business class 'line', but just happened to be standing near one of the two gates where boarding passes were checked. The ground agent obviously thought that we were economy class passengers trying to board early. Overall a 99% satisfactory rating for these flights. Did not use IFE so unable to give a rating.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Mark Freyton    (UK)

Flown 6 flights on BA recently, generally satisfied, though cost cutting in Business Class seems to have got out of hand. Club Kitchen snacks are shrinking with little left half way through long flights and meals, and choice less. Although there are many new business class seats out there that are better BA is still acceptable, especially the very private window seats. Crew usually excellent, and baggage delivery consistent at terminal 5. My one complaint over these 6 flights would be that no effort is made to control, the amount of hand baggage on board, even on short flights boarding takes so long while stressed crew are trying to find space for large and heavy bags when some people have two or three large bags each. Two out of six flights were delayed because of this while they offloaded some bags that would not fit. Recent flights with Easyjet have not had this problem, they enforce their rules so we all know where we stand.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Dick John Parfett    (Mexico)

Without being completely detrimental to BA, I Have found the airline has become tired, and lacking in Customer Service from the Cabin Crew, as I fly economy class at Company expense, this class of traveler is viewed by the cabin staff as something to be tolerated until the end of the flight. The aircraft that I fly on from London to Mexico city are 747-400, these aircraft have obviously travelled many hundreds of thousands of air miles, the seats are mostly very worn and hard, a 12 to 13 hour flight leaves one with a very numb part of the anatomy, toilets seats are more often than not insecure or broken. Food offered is now without a menu, you get what you are given or go without from two choices, the famous BA breakfast is now no more, just a sandwich or a frozen roll. The inflight entertainment is often non functional and regular resetting of the system is quite normal, sound quality is always very bad. My comments are not directed at just one flight or one aircraft only, I have seen this deterioration over quite a few years, whilst I fully appreciate economy and money saving is today's norm, major airlines to my mind should think customer satisfaction at all levels, not just the First class and Business class customers. I have seen other airlines achieve and maintain very high standards in today's economic world of airline travel, but sadly BA seem to be trailing to an embarrassing extent.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Deb Woolley    (UK)

Travelled to Cyprus from Gatwick in economy as thought this would be fine as use them internally in UK. As we are tall thought seat pitch would be same as home. Wrong. Dreadful flight in extremely cramped cabin, my husband was virtually trapped by the seat in front and the only saving grace was that we had a spare seat in between us otherwise I think we would have been standing most of the way. Poor service and truly awful food, if you could call it food. Wrap and small roll with nice chocolate dessert. Wrap was soggy and inedible, roll dry and hardly had any filling. Only one round of drinks, then tea etc with food on a flight of4.5 hours. Really smelly toilets and air conditioning poor. Aircraft old and just a bad flight experience. Took off late too! Have travelled in considerably better flights with charter airlines and following this experience WILL NOT be patronising BA again in economy once we have suffered the return flight! Have gone business class which is good but economy is dreadful.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Philip Clacher    (Australia)

Don't even think about flying on this airline. Booked, paid for and confirmed last February for a premium economy flight Singapore to Sydney for last Saturday. When I checked in at Changi the check-in staff member told me the incoming flight from London was overbooked and I was downgraded to economy (against my wishes obviously). I would never have booked BA but for the premium economy offering, so huge disappointment. GB75 compensation is simply not good enough. Add to that the economy meal was inedible (what did they do to the seafood curry). Never again.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by G Clement    (UK)

Route: Heathrow - Toronto, First Class, daytime flight. Check-in / security: The former was smooth, friendly and efficient. The latter was very poor, on the basis that BA make no special provision for security with F class passengers either at their own hub (Heathrow Terminal 5) or any destination. F class passengers are not escorted which I consider to be a significant shortfall when clearing immigration and boarding flights. Lounge: Flagship lounge (Concorde Room) is quiet, elegant, reasonably well staffed and conveniently located after security. Good food in civilised portions served in the restaurant and a good selection of wines. IFE and Amenities: The TV is fairly decent, even on the refurbed 747s. Comfortable seats / beds with decent bedding and PJs. Good leg room, which I notice at 6'2". Practical sized amenity kit which is fairly well stocked. Food: Decent food and well presented. Selection is sufficient, but no special options available pre-boarding. Crew: Generally affable crew who were professional. Not the fastest of service in comparison to other F products. Crew and captain introduced themselves to a number of passengers, which sits between those airlines where all passengers are chatted with and those who don't. I would say BA have the right approach, in that crew seem to visually assess whether a passenger looks like they would invite a social conversation - rather than imposing it anyway.

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by F Klajner    (Canada)

Flew from IST to LHR on September 29. In short, an abomination for a business class flight lasting nearly 4 hours. It started with a dirty, dingy, cramped lounge, with very limited and low-quality food and drink selection, and located very far from the boarding gates. I have used the Star Alliance lounge at Ataturk Airport, and it is light years ahead of the BA lounge. The plane was an ancient B767. The business class seats had little leg room or recline, were packed out, hard and very uncomfortable. It took 1 hour for any drink or food service to start, and we were served warm champagne and a small bag of stale nuts. This was followed by a hot meal which was totally different from that described in the menu which had been handed out, and this became apparent only when the food service began. There were only two choices, nothing vegetarian. The crew were disengaged, disinterested and dismissive. The entertainment system consisted of only several old screens suspended from the ceiling and showing the movie Godzilla, which doubtless was a big hit with the 12 year olds in the audience. At the end of the flight, we were given fast-track cards to speed up our passage through customs. Unfortunately, only 3 of the 6 fast-track booths were open, and we ended up effectively in the slow-track line. To add insult to injury, this business class flight cost $200 more than that of its competitor, Turkish Airlines, and bore little resemblance to the business class service and cabin described on the BA website. Shame on British Airways for this product.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by G Gibb    (UK)

LGW to SZG. Absolutely useless for a scheduled service and would not recommend to anyone. Booked flights to Salzburg for travel in September way back in April and chose the 13.45pm flight as most convenient even though more expensive. Luckily we arranged an overnight stop in Gatwick as we live in the North of England as otherwise don't know what we would have done when our flight was cancelled with notice only being given about 9.30pm the night before. We were put on the 7.15 am flight which meant being at Gatwick for 5am. This is a much cheaper flight but no partial refund is available, its take it or leave it with BA. Our subsequent onward travel plans were also in disarray because of this and it was a most unpleasant and stressful start to our holiday. Having taken the trouble to complain to BA I am amazed it took 8 days to send a most unsatisfactory short response which ended with "we hope you fly with us again to restore your confidence in our service". BA need to learn that scheduled service means just that and plans are made around the timings that cant just be altered with no notice. I would not trust or travel with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by G Boyle    (UK)

BA92, 4/10/14, YYZ-LHR, B787, G-ZBJE. If you want to know what Ryanair long haul will be like sit in E on the BA 787. Appalling legroom, seat width and non functioning IFE. Gold Card holder flying around 200 trips a year. Absolutely horrendous experience, good luck to anyone taking the 12hr+ trip to Chengdu on it! New plane with the smallest seats ever. Many passengers tried to stand the entire trip to avoid the discomfort! If you are anything more than a medium build and have a bum and hips you will have a very uncomfortable flight. I am not one to moan, but this is the end for me BA!

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Guy Senior    (UK)

Very comfortable return flight to Hannover in Club Europe. The A319 appeared to be new, good food for a short flight and very good value.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by J Hill    (USA)

Just took British from London to Seattle. Tired airplane. Flew business class. Very basic service. No wifi. Nobody checking to see if you were interested in something to drink. Basic packaged food. Very disappointed.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Sanjita Shah    (Australia)

Travelled from SYD to London return. Poor service on board - nobody responded to the bell. Had to pay extra to book a seat in advance. The vegetarian food - all 3 meals consisted of paneer on both journeys.

British Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Bob Motto    (UK)

VIE to LHR - Seats were of the new configuration, only 30 inches both in Club and Economy. The seats are very uncomfortable and there is very little room to relax or work if the passenger in front reclines their seat. The new cabin looks very small with the new seats and I would not recommend anyone wanting to work to fly with BA now. The service was not to a good service, and when taxiing you could hear passengers telling someone to turn their phone off but no crew moved to find out what was going on, they were more concerned in their own conversations. I hasten to add that this is the new cabin crew with the thunderbird hats who are far inferior to the well paid counterparts. BA short hall can now be classified as a Low Cost Carrier now, they have lost all sense of customer service & customer needs.

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Parry-Williams Garth    (Australia)

BA16, SYD-LHR, 4 Sept, Brand new 777, great VDU and excellent music sound quality with own headphones. Supplied headphones did not work. Warm, attentive stewards. Low salt meals very tasty. Always served first, though would have liked standard English breakfast - not low salt. Seat though standard economy was soft. BA9, LHR-Bangkok, 18 Sept, Older 777. Stewardesses interested and human in their approach. VDU not that brilliant. Food also quite satisfying. Bags on both occasions arrived promptly. Well done BA.

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by S Bramwell    (UK)

NCL-LHR-LAX / LAS-LHR-NCL. NCL-LHR A320. Comfortable enough for only a 1hr flight. Crew did a great job serving a full flight in such a short space of time. Overhead bins were full and was a bit tricky finding space. Some passengers had put very small bags overhead and not under seats and refused to take them down, it did seem people have more carry-on than allowed. Took off on time and arrived early, but this meant no stand available for 15mins. LHR-LAX on A380. Paid to get two economy seats on the upper deck together and was worth the money as no stranger next to us, no moving for loo breaks etc. Aircraft excellent, IFE great (games were good, moving maps etc also great), crew superb, food was nice (first meal very good!) and the ice lollies were a great touch, but did think an extra drinks service would have been good. We were close to a galley so easy enough to go and ask for drinks which we did two/three times. Seat was good, but equal space to the earlier A320. Extra bin beside seat was useful. The arm rest doesn't go all the way up which was a bit of a pain. Take off delayed by a fault on the airbridge but arrived on time - takes a while to get off due to number of people. LAS-LHR on a B747. Older aircraft and compared to the brand new A380 it showed Again paid to get two seats together which was worth it. Seat ok but not as comfortable as previous flights, food was ok, IFE was ok but my PTV was off centre so had to watch sideways. Overall just an ok flight. Crew were friendly and didn't hide away all night which normally happens on late flights with other carriers. My only problem was the arm rest didn't go up and when the seat in front of me reclined I couldn't get out. LHR-NCL on a A319. Super quick flight, not 100% full but crew again worked quickly to get everyone drinks and snacks. Arrived 15min early but took a while for bags to come off at NCL.

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Wer    (UK)

Traveled to Rome with British Airways. On the way there everything went fine. A day before our departure we were told that the flight was overbooked and asked politely to change to a different flight. We were told that they would pay for the taxi (the flight was earlier and no public transport was available.) as well as for the breakfast that we were missing at our hotel. We agreed to change, because we sympathized with BA representative, who had a difficult job of asking people to move to a different flight and because we wanted to support British Airways. Big mistake. Apparently everything we were told by their representative was a lie and no refund for the taxi fare was given to us. So much for doing BA a favor, they are not a reputable company they once were.

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Keung Kieron    (Hong Kong)

BA26, 22/6/2014. During my trip to the UK, I feel very pleased that I chose BA. The A380 was superb. The new Thales inflight entertainment was more than excellent. There were 1250 hours of On Demand to choose from. Although the food was quite limited, I really liked the entertainment and the staff service. First class service in economy class!

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Burke Tom    (USA)

Flew the new 787 Business Class from PHI to LHR. The aircraft was impressive. It was quiet and comfortable. The lower altitude cabin and the higher humidity were not noticeable in flight, but the lack of jetlag was noticeable. Service was very good. The business cabin was 2/3 empty. The cabin crew were very attentive. The negatives was the seating and entertainment system. With the large windows, the rear facing seats were a poor design. The feeling of closeness was uncomfortable. I guess the extra seat they squeeze in makes it all worth while to the airline. The amount of choices in all the video selection and the content left a lot to be desired. Return was in a 777. The seating and entertainment were the same, This and the A380 use to be my favorite airplane. However the 787 has become favorite airplane now. I think it is the last time I will fly BA Business class until they change their seating.

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

Hannover - LHR. What a miserable experience this was. This return ticket was £950 for a total of about 140 mins flying time. I checked in online and there was considerable delays on this as there was, following a phone call back to the UK, an equipment change, from an A319 to an A320. Anyway I checked in online eventually and made my way through security. I asked an information post - as to where the Club / Business class lounge was and I was told it was land side and between "this terminal and the next terminal". I could not believe it. Surely a simple prompt online when checking in - could have told me this. Flight left on time, a reasonable light lunch and three Gin and Tonics later we got stacked over the East End for 25 minutes but landed "ahead of schedule". A miserable experience from the so called "world's favorite airline".

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Bernard François    (France)

Singapore-London Heathrow - I did not really see the BA hospitality. The entertainment was poor, and the seat very uncomfortable. This experience makes me very frustrated, the only good thing was the low price.

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by K Jackson    (UK)

Flew from LGW to PFO and back recently. Plane was old, tatty 737 but at least we got the 34" of legroom which the refitted planes no longer have. Flights were on time both ways, food was reasonably good & cabin staff were charming (specially on the outboard flight). I was surprised to find BA no longer has a Club Lounge at Paphos and even more surprised to find that there was a comfortable lounge there that BA Club Europe passengers were unable to use. We were given vouchers as compensation and thought we would at least get a glass of wine and a sandwich - but no. The vouchers were of such low value they could only be redeemed for things like a local beer, crisps and chewing gum. Even though the flights were quite good I feel that BA are treating their Club Europe passengers with contempt by denying them any lounge access or reasonable compensation - also by refitting their aircraft to give passengers less seat width and the same legroom as economy. Why pay a premium price for a non premium product?

British Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Christopher Neep    (UK)

LHR to YVR. September 29, 2014. I've been a loyal BA passenger for years but after three recent flights, that's not going to be the case any more. How BA have the audacity to screen 'BA, A Very British Airline' on their IFE is beyond me! While the film chronicles the supposed high standards and rigorous staff selection and training, the reality is altogether different. The food on BA85, LHR to YVR was atrocious - dried chicken sitting in a dubious brown 'sauce'. The service was unsmiling, unhelpful and inattentive. BA used to have a good IFE selection. Not anymore! Very unimaginative selection of films, TV and audio programs. I've recently travelled on Qantas and Air Canada on long haul and both carriers far superior to BA. Air Canada has significantly improved it's standards.

British Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Cotrim    (Portugal)

LHR-JNB (South Africa). Booking done from site www.britishairways.com and the check-in too. The time boarding was done with great quality in Terminal 5 in Heathrow airport (pier C, gate 65) and schedule. Cabin crew was fantastic. The flight was very good, the quality of the plane provides an excellent trip. Takeoff and landing very smooth. The "rest position" of the seats makes, in upper deck, the legroom a little tight. Do not choose the emergency exit seats because they do not have access to windows and are narrower because the table and the monitor are on the armrest. JNB-LHR. 747-400. It is a much older plane. However the trip was very good after crossing the storm just outside Johannesburg.

British Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Mark Niall    (Australia)

Flew earlier this month LHR to IST in Club Europe. Good smooth uneventful trip. Good lounge at Terminal 5. Food and service onboard was very good. Priority boarding and priority pass for immigration in Turkey. However, it is difficult to categorise the seating and space with Business Class. In fact the amount of room available seemed little different to Economy.

British Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by D Taylor    (UK)

Airbus 321 from Amman Jordan to London. Flight on time. Full plane. Very uncomfortable seats, I am tall, no leg room, knees against the seat in front for the flight of over 5 hrs. This is the wrong plane for this trip-narrow single aisle, only 2 toilets for all 180 passengers - more like a bucket and spade flight. Food very moderate, salad starter of 3 leaves and an uncut chunk of cucumber, main course of chicken and potato was tepid, not hot at all. Cabin crew spent a lot of the time chatting in the galley at the back of the plane, although the food service was quick. Upgraded on the outward trip-what a difference! BA needs to sort the plane choice out-this flight is often completely full. Economy was very poor.

British Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Economy from LAX to CPT via LHR. Airbus 380 on first leg 747 on second. Both flights completely full. Airbus quiet - on upper deck with a window seat. Room underseat very limited due to two entertainment boxes but storage by window as compensation. For a new plane seat isn't very comfortable - rather hard and I prefer the old-style head rest on the 747s. Great entertainment screen. 747 seat v comfortable and softer but plane is showing its age and noisy after a 380 flight and the seat back screens smaller than many phones these days. Staff on 380 v helpful and pleasant - more functional on the CPT leg. Special meal not provided on last section of CPT leg - otherwise provided and edible. Boarding easy at LAX more chaotic with less waiting area space at Heathrow - they really didn't plan the waiting areas well at Heathrow - just too cramped and poor layout. And transferring through from section c to section a and then back to section b at Heathrow is a real pain and the shuttle was very full too so would avoid if possible. Otherwise flights on time at both destinations despite leaving late. Heathrow is the main drawback when using BA and transferring - what a shame that they didn't make it easier when planning the new terminal. LAX was a joy to use in comparison - so smooth and staff extremely pleasant and helpful despite having a poor reputation.

British Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Christopher Neep    (UK)

BA 084. YVR to LHR on August 28, 2014. Premium economy. Much below previous experiences flying in this cabin on BA. Staff were indifferent and inattentive. The meals were deplorable! Despite being a small cabin, there was only one meal choice left half way through the dinner service - a very heavy and overly rich pasta dish, accompanied by an equally heavy piece of dry chocolate cake. Hardly suitable food for a long flight. Breakfast was worse - an equally heavy fruit muffin and tea or coffee. Very poor! A number of seats in this cabin, have metal boxes underneath, rendering the much-advertised additional leg room, useless. IFE far below what it used to be in terms of quality and variety of programming. A very unpleasant experience and definitely not worth the additional cost.

British Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by D Taylor    (UK)

LHR to Amman Jordan, Airbus 321. Outward flight delayed 2 hours due to unloading a bag and technical problems on the ground. Flight completely full, upgraded to Club World. Cabin crew there excellent and attentive. Seat comfort was OK but not special. Food was good. One very small toilet next to the pilot door for Club World passengers. Terminal 1 on its last legs but check in was quick. Return trip was in Economy-what a difference!

British Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Cork    (UK)

LHR-FCO. Flew out Club Europe courtesy of a reduced fare by BA. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The Lounge in the satellite was more relaxed than the main T5 terminal. As it was an early flight the food was fresh pastries and small bacon baguettes which were excellent. Nice way to start a journey. The flight was good. Very attentive staff on the B767. My colleagues had recently flown easyjet and hadn't flown Club before and were very complimentary about the experience. The return was economy on a new A320. Impressed with the new style seats and again was a good experience.

British Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Ash David    (UK)

Flew BA055, LHR to JNB on the new A380. What an absolute pleasure that was. Had seat 50H which was at front on top deck. The cabin was nicely laid out, I have to say I like the BA "cocoons" I know a lot of people do not but gave me plenty of privacy. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive, with high quality food and excellent champagnes and wines. I would fly this plane again over any other. What was also amazing was a toilet that was not a rabbit hutch. Flew Back on BA056 3 weeks later. Same seat only to find that the seat function did not work, New plane and breaking already! Not a major problem as stewards moved the seat manually for me. The quality of the food and beverages was up to the same high standard as when I flew out. Movie choices were excellent and the quality of the new screens way above those on the older 747's and 777's. I managed to get good sleep on both legs at least 7 hours.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by R Simon    (Austria)

VIE-LHR-LIS on Sep 18, both legs on an Airbus 320 in Club Europe (Business Class), both legs on time or almost on time with an excellent crew (as most times with BA). Transfer procedures in LHR Terminal 3 were fast and friendly, even the extra security checks required for all transfers at LHR (even Intra-EU) were hassle free and easy. The scheduled layover was a rather long 3 hours. BAs Galleries Lounge in LHR T3 was also comfortable with excellent drink selection and quite good food selection. I fly the VIE-LIS route regularly and surprisingly transferring at LHR is superior to most alternatives on the VIE-LIS route (especially to the more common alternatives FRA, CDG, and even AMS and BRU), with the possible exception of ZRH, so taking BA via LHR is a really good alternative, if the direct TP flight is not an option, for whatever reason. The only, negative I have to say, that both flights featured the new BA slim seats, which are really a huge step back in comfort compared to the old seating. Seats in Club Europe are economy seats with limited seat pitch and the middle seat left empty. Its just like flying with Star Alliance with their uncomfortable Recaro slim seats. Catering on the VIE-LHR was afternoon tea, which is BAs weakest Club Europe service, with bland sandwiches and acceptable scones. Even their Chicken Tikka sandwiches in economy are better, but they have full bar service and brilliant, attentive FA’s, so I believe BA is still one of best options to fly within Europe. Catering on the second leg was a good prawn salad (or a chicken dish). However, my luggage did not make it to LIS that day, which was an unwelcome and unexpected surprise after the long layover in Heathrow. But, the issue was handled well, fast and friendly by Groundforce, the company who does the luggage handling for BA in LIS and I received my luggage without any further hassles the next morning. Not a perfect score due BA’s new seating, the delayed luggage and the VIE-LHR catering, but still pretty good service. As a side note VIE airport is getting worse and worse. Long lines at security with only two of the available four lines open. BA uses a shared lounge in VIE, which was overcrowded with basically not a seat available to sit down and limited food service. But at least BA uses the old terminal which is still far superior to the new skylink terminal used by Star Alliance, which really is a show piece how not to design a new terminal.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by M Ellwood    (UK)

Gatwick-Colombo via Maldives 10/09 return 22/09 Club World. 777-200 3 class flight seats good as usual, inflight meal OK. I really would be happier with a selection of starters and NO main course. Crew worked really hard as there were a few demanding passengers! Full London-Male-London just a handful of us continuing to Colombo, not surprised BA are stopping the Colombo service from 28 March 2015.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D MacDonald    (UK)

Tel Aviv to Glasgow, via Heathrow. Club World on ex BMI A321, so a different seat to the usual BA Club World product. Overall an excellent flight and service all round. The crew in Club World were a real credit to BA and could not do enough for you. Catering was excellent, the seat was very comfortable in all positions and the airport experience at all ends was quick and easy. Overall an excellent premium product made even more special by the cabin crew.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by A Ross    (UK)

JFK to LHR - Despite the image the BA TV show conveyed The Galleries Lounges at JKF is the worst run of all the BA Lounges I have visited. I have had more polite service at Macdonalds than at the desk in the Galleries. There was nothing business class or tranquil about the space. The spa was a fully booked with no appointments for two hours and "the sorry we can't be of service today" was more than disappointing especially given the £6K ticket price, and the message was delivered with such insincerity. How can BA get it so right offering 1st Class service in London, Miami, Boston, Seattle, Hong Kong and Sydney (to name a few) and offer budget airline service with a mediocre selection of sandwiches in JFK. Boarding was a mess. They were boarding a Qantas flight at the adjacent gate and all the passengers got mixed up. We asked a BA member of ground staff where to queue and she said she did not know and it had nothing to do with her! First and Business class passengers were directed down a cul-de-sac marked fast track which came to a dead end in a sea of passengers and eventually all the premium passengers joined the line behind the economy passengers and boarded last. We ask "why" as the lady gave us back our boarding cards and she said "nothing to do with me". Upstairs on the 747 in Club was excellent, professional attentive staff, good food and wine, good entertainment, BA at its best the only flaw was no menu cards because of a mistake at JFK, no surprise. Heathrow ground services were smooth and our bags arrived in no time at all. I will fly BA Clubworld again but not to JKF, I will use Virgin who offer better ground services at JFK which match the price of the ticket and they value their customer more.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by D Whalley    (UK)

Rome to London Gatwick. Delayed take-off from Rome largely because the plane was held on the runway for nearly 30 mins. Cabin clean and in good condition. Staff attentive and professional. Seats adequate for short journey but legroom is not generous. Food ans drink welcome but the food poor and unnecessary on relatively short journey. BA could save money by limiting to beverages.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Clive Drake    (UK)

LHR-Hannover Germany. You really wonder sometimes with BA. I paid £940 return and what a joke. (Last year I flew Stuttgart and Berlin in Club for about££600 and was very happy). Firstly the flight ran from T1 at LHR. T5 Club lounge is rather good. On first sight the T1 lounge looked OK. I arrived at 15.03 and was told hot food was not available after 3pm. With a bit of grovelling I managed to get a plate of Singapore Chicken curry from the waitress. The whole food area consisted of a few miserable sandwich's, peanuts and a miserable looking soup. Drinks ok. Flight was an A319 which left about 40 minutes late. Couldn't be bothered to eat the Prawn salad - which actually looked ok. FA's were fine. In summary a real big BA con. Flight was one hour and at £450+ per hour it costs more than a 7 hour flight in First to JFK. A miserable experience.

British Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Driscoll Peter    (UK)

LGW to Alicante out on 8th September early flight. I was disappointed that, due to BA changing the aircraft, the seat in the exit row that I booked and paid extra for was not available and they had failed to inform me. The seat allocated on the Boeing was quite cramped for my frame and I was not that comfortable. I had tried to get this changed before the flight on line but all I got was a request to phone BA after the flight. There must have been other passengers affected in this change. That said, the flight left on time and the proffered cheese croissant and coffee were fine. Staff attentive and pleasant. The return on 22nd was the 16.35 departure which again was punctual and my seat choice was as I had requested. The snack was fine and the small bottle of Pinotage was pleasant enough. Due to turbulence about which we had been kept informed by frequent announcements by the first officer and captain, the ride was a bit bumpy for half an hour or so. I think that BA needs to update some of these old dinosaurs and invest in new planes like Easyjet and Ryanair seem to be able to do. However, by booking early I got a great price, decent luggage allowance and a snack so I can't complain. I also like the ability to carry on a laptop as well as a cabin bag, avoiding some of the boarding horror stories associated with the budget airlines. I do like to "fly the flag" and shall continue to do so but a bit of investment in new planes would be nice.

British Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Paul le Grys    (UK)

2 recent flights, LHR to SFO (12 hrs) - 7th Sept then San Diego to LHR (9 hrs), 21st Sept, BA 272. Club World cabin. Wife and I have flown business class on - Singapore, Air New Zealand, Emirates, Air Malaysia and Virgin, on 20 occasions to New Zealand by various routes, so we are familiar with the service provided at this level by other airlines. BA, in our opinion, doesn't come close. Briefly: - being charged £284 extra to reserve seats, how do they get away with it? Personally we felt uncomfortable with the back-to-front seat layout, too enclosed and awkward to get out of, (we were in the inner cell) and I would imagine irritating for the outside passengers as well to have people clambering over their legs. Details - "hot towels" threadbare, scraps of cloth that were stone cold in under ten seconds, and then only one and nothing for morning wake-up, cheap looking menus, lukewarm tea and coffee thrust over the barrier in mugs, a sudden rattle as the screen was lowered and a basket of bread rolls thrust under your nose, having to reach out sideways to receive meals, embarrassment at disturbing the outside passenger trays passed over them, minute napkins, (expect paper sheets anytime soon) cabin crew just doing their job, walking up and down the aisles at great speeds so as to avoid being asked for something, cold soggy croissants which are an insult to croissants, and don't get me started about the bacon roll! We were offered a drink before dinner and had to ask for a top-up, one glass of wine with dinner (dry tough steak) and a refill after we had finished eating, no after dinner drinks were offered. Lights out-see you in the morning! I could go on, but suffice to say we are so disappointed that our national airline could be so far behind the others.

© 1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.