British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Mark Gentleman    (UK)

EDI-LHR-FCO-LHR-EDI. EDI lounge good. Flight to LHR on time, food decent, attentive crew. North lounge at T5 much better than chaotic South lounge. Flight to FCO by 3 cabin 767 so upgraded using avios - fully flat beds, great FA's, superb food, good wine. Lounge at FCO okay, food not great. Flight delayed at FCO due to storms at LHR so ample time to use the flat beds, watch a film and relax. FA excellent, food very good again. Overall the flights and service were superb.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Donal Ryan    (Ireland)

London Heathrow to Singapore. Brand New 777-300 very comfortable very clean. Entertainment was good and food tasty but very small portions. Staff functional but not friendly only one water run in 13 hours. Arrive early so cant complain. Better than Qantas flight Singapore to Brisbane.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

Paphos - LGW, 11th June. We had monitored the outbound flight on the internet, so we knew it was about an hour late although we did not receive a text from BA to confirm this. We arrived at Paphos airport to a somewhat chaotic scene as the queue for security was snaking back around the complete length of the check in area and ultimately merging with the passengers looking for and waiting to check in with a number of different airlines. BA had 3 check in counters open, one of which was for Club Europe, with around eight couples queuing for each one. We had checked in online but still had to drop the cases off and receive our boarding passes and this took approx 20 minutes. I then asked where the fast track through security was, what a stupid question that was as, as there wasn't one. After 45 minutes in the queue, we finally made it to the shared lounge and settled down to a glass of wine or two. The food options were OK but again not a great choice for veggies. The flight home left around 45 minutes late and was fairly uneventful with a relaxed cabin crew. We were off the plane quickly but then had to wait for around 45 minutes for the cases to arrive on the carousel although fortunately, ours soon came through. Overall just an OK flight but BA's premier European product is somewhat underwhelming.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by L Campbell    (UK)

Flew LHR-CPT-LHR as British Airways is only carrier flying direct London to Cape Town. Outward flight due to leave 21.30 delayed by nearly 3 hours and the communication at the departure lounge was abysmal, lots of unhappy passengers at the lack of information being given out. Fell asleep when finally got on board only to be woken an hour later to be given my "special meal" which I hadn't requested. Told stewardess it was not for me and she rather huffily took it away. When the trolley came round with the regular meals i was not offered one - this suited me as I don't relish eating at 1 o'clock in the morning, but thought it rather petty of them to ignore me. Return flight was on time but had passenger from hell next to me who was too large for the very narrow economy seats so I spent the night sitting at an angle as it was impossible to sit straight with Mrs Large spilling over onto my seat. Well done to the stewardess who put up with her obnoxious behaviour with a long suffering smile.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by D Remnant    (UK)

London Gatwick to Orlando. No surprises to guess that as our original flight to Tampa was cancelled this is not a good review. Due to a technical problem with our plane our flight was cancelled. After finding out from other passengers in the terminal that our flight was cancelled, we were marched back through the airport to queue for our luggage, to queue to go back through immigration, to queue for our details to be entered onto the BA system for an unexplained reason. What an insult to have to stand in line 3 times, for over 3 hours. No extra staff, no positive explanations, no apologies, no customer service, only a lie of a promise of a special flight the following day to our original destination (which did not happen) and some inadequate vouchers for food and drinks. After accepting that our flight was cancelled and then accepting the fact we would be travelling the following day, BA then just drop an email to all passengers to advise them what arrangements had really been made. Our first arrangement was a flight 24 hours after our original departure time from Heathrow to Charlotte to Tampa. We did not book our direct flight by accident, why on earth we would we accept a flight with a stop over. I declined this arrangement for a flight instead to Orlando. A longer busier flight, a bigger busier more time consuming airport, a 3 hour drive from our holiday destination. We arrived 32 hours later than our original arrival time and therefore lost a day and a half of our holiday. To add further insult, on our return flight, the extra leg room seats we paid 100 for not allocated to us! Uncomfortable claustrophobic seating, cheap microwave style food, cheap wine, unacceptable and a waste of money.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by I Jackson    (UK)

Club Europe - supposedly premium - had the misfortune of seat 1f - normally a great seat in Club Europe - but for a 4 hour flight LGW to ACE - cramped (not quite as bad as the rest of CE with new - not advertised - 30 inch rather than 34 inch seat pitch) - no window, just a wall. Add to this limited luggage space think its EasyJet with middle seat free for 600 more. Is it worth it - no, thinking avoid BA CE offering - shame I've a few flights to suffer yet. Purser - "this is it now - get used to it" - service downhill too.

British Airways Customer review :  18 June 2014 by Claire Shawcross    (Canada)

We travelled to and from Europe in business class for a two week Mediterranean cruise. We upgraded to business for the added benefit of sleep. My first impression is that the fleet is tired and not very well kept. The seats were uncomfortable, the cabin was dirty and staff were surly. The food, as expected on any airplane, was adequate though nothing to brag about (take advantage of the scones and clotted cream - their only saving grace). Upon our return we awaited in London Heathrow Terminal 5 for them to put the gate on our flight. It finally appeared 20 minutes before the flight where it showed we were in satellite C - it took us over 15 minutes to get there to have the gate agent tell us we should have been there earlier. She did upgrade us so we thought at least that was a perk. Well I am here to tell all - don't pay the money. There is little to no difference in first class. The seats are just as uncomfortable, the food was the same and I still felt like a second class citizen. This time I think it was because were an upgrade so we were always served last and with little selection/choice. To tell you the truth if I had paid for this upgrade I would have been upset as I don't believe this is up to par. We also did a connector flight from Venice to London on the Saturday. The airport was a disaster (3 cruise ships all flying out the same time), no organization from the agents and very little help. When we got on the other side of the check in the multi-million dollar duty free area was amazing but really they should have taken some of the money to deal with the check in area. Upon moving through security we were kept in the dungeon area of the airport to wait with tepid air conditioning while our flight was delayed with no explanation. When we were finally boarded we were told by the captain that the delay was due to thunderstorms and we were still going to have to wait. The last part is not fully BA's fault (they don't design the airports or determine airspace closure) however their agents did nothing to make it better either (by having people out to direct traffic or give us updates). All in all I don't believe I will ever fly BA again - this is unfortunate because they used to set the standard - now they are barely sweeping up the floor (wish they had - at least it may have been cleaner).

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Barry Hebblethwaite    (UK)

BKK to LHR in club world, 777-200, seat 3E and 3F on June 12th. We fly BA a lot and the service can be a bit hit and miss but this flight has been our best flight ever with BA, great food and plenty of it, nice choice of wine, well stocked club kitchen for snacks, but it was the crew that made this flight outstanding - from the start a real credit to BA.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by H Davis    (UK)

Recently travelled LHR to San Francisco and returned via Las Vegas, flight BA0264. Some years since doing long haul and forget how tiring it can be. Flight out was 'ok' but return not so. Outbound spoilt by an hour or so delay when boarded as they decided to change one of the wheels, glad they did though. Return yesterday not so good as flight again delayed by about one and a half hours but no real explanation. I realise people want to sleep but they can be so inconsiderate at times. No sooner in their seats and fully reclined. Meal was just adequate, curried chicken, but breakfast of a very hard croissant with jam, a nutty bar, some dried cranberries and coffee was not what I really wanted after a delayed 9 hour flight. Entertainment had good choices but sound quality was poor. Boarding process in Las Vegas was rather shambolic. Will still try and 'fly the flag' again.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Riaz Osmani    (UK)

LHR-Belfast-LHR over a weekend. Ground staff and flight attendants very professional and friendly. Excellent announcements from the cockpit due to weather related delay outbound. Seats on board A319 very comfortable. Why save a penny by eliminating napkins with beverages? Very cheap indeed. The 55 minute flight both ways went quickly. Generous with drinks and the snacks were satisfactory (try the low cost competitors). BA is ideal for short haul flights within the UK and to/from continental Europe.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Dave Robinson    (UK)

I flew LHR-YVR, outwards 20th May 2014 on 747. The cabin newly fitted and no problems on return leg, 10th June 2014 we were greeted with old style fittings. The whole cabin was very shabby and the seats were damaged and the TV set was unwatchable as the picture was so dark. Even the staff apologised for the state of the cabin and seats, so if it is so bad why do BA sell these seats. I would be unlikely to book 1st class again with BA unless they would guarantee that the plane would have the updated seats and cabin.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

LGW - Paphos, 4th June. Check in and fast track security was very easy and we were airside within 5 minutes. As we were flying at 2.45 we decided to have some lunch in the lounge. The lounge was busy but there was still plenty of space to relax. The food options were poor to say the least with soup, sandwiches or ham salad being the only items on offer. My wife who is a vegetarian was not impressed as she had to make do with an egg mayonnaise sandwich. Having been told when we checked in that the flight was 'bang on time' the screen informed us at 2.05 that we should proceed to gate 101. After a 10 minute stroll, we arrived at the gate to be told there was a delay to the flight. Why on earth this information could not have been passed through to the lounge is a mystery. No pre flight drinks were offered and we eventually took off about an hour late. Pre lunch drinks were served after 40 minutes and then lunch about 30 minutes after that. The crew were very nice but rather stressed and mentioned that the plane (737-400) should not have been used on this route. My wife had pre ordered a veggie meal that was not loaded on the plane, but the very nice but stressed FA said she could have hers. It was a nice gesture but my wife felt slightly guilty about taking it, although she did and enjoyed her meal. I was told that there was only one option left for me and I could have Kedgeree or Kedgeree, so that's what I had. It was OK but not particularly hot. Arrived at Paphos about 45 minutes late with our priority luggage being in the last 6 cases to arrive on the carousel. Overall the flight was just OK although if it had not been for the excellent cabin crew it would have been disappointing. My wife did receive an email from BA within 2 days of our arrival, saying they had let her down with the non arrival of her pre ordered food on this flight and apologised, which is fare enough.

British Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Bran Rovers    (UK)

Business class from Shanghai to London. It was the worst business class. Staff give the impression that they are above service and I did not feel that they were courteous or polite. On one occasion I asked for a glass of champagne and never got one, on another occasion, when I dropped my fork for the meal and buzzed for another one, no one came, when I tried to grab the attention of the staff member walking past, he said sorry sir I'll be right with you and never came. Eventually I just went to the back and grabbed one. I would never fly BA again, for the money you pay you can get much better business class and value from other airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by R Brown    (UK)

LHR-EWR rtn, econ/premium. Very good experience as usual with BA. Having gone through the highly pleasurable T5 it was all aboard a 2 week old Dreamliner for the 7 hour outbound flight. Seats pretty comfortable for economy and new entertainment system very good indeed. Return in premium economy wasn't bad at all, comfortable enough to sleep the duration of the return flight. Cabin crew professional and attentive in both directions. Will be using the service again next month.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by John Pollock    (Australia)

BA11, LHR-SIN, 11 June. This flight, and the reciprocal one from Singapore to London in economy a month ago, have restored my faith in BA. The aircraft was clean and in good condition; seats were comfortable, staff were unfailingly attentive, friendly polite and efficient. Meals were of a good standard, toilets were clean and properly maintained throughout the flight. Boarding and disembarking were seamless from BA's side. One of the best flights I have had for years on many different carriers.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Bob Motto    (UK)

LHR to DXB, 11 Jun 14, Club World, Upper Deck, 64A - Great flight slight delay of ten mins but excellent crew on the upper deck. Food choice is excellent and service as always of a very high standard. Not too sure about the new wash bags, large draw string bag with minimal contents, the wash bags get bigger but the contents get smaller! Nothing really useful in the wash bag not even eye masks or ear plugs. Useful contents would be mouth wash, wet wipes etc it is about time BA looked at returning to Molton Brown which was a lot superior than the Elimis range. Otherwise a great flight, met by special services on arrival in DXB who whisked me through Immigration and Customs within 20 mins of landing which exceeded all expectations.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by C Edgar    (UK)

Flew from Edinburgh to New York via LHR on 5th and 10 June. All flights were very full but the service from check in to on board were very good. My only complaint was the breakfast on the return flight a croissant, jam and tea or coffee which was very disappointing.

British Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Nelson Laura    (UK)

Outbound BA 175, 12/5/14. Return BA 286, 1/6/14. Recently travelled economy on long haul to NYC and returned from San Francisco, having previously done long haul with Virgin. BA knocks Virgin into a cocked hat. Love BA. Keep flying the flag!

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by V Bristow    (UK)

BA 213, LHR to Boston. T5 was very busy, but check in was fast and efficient. The flight was on a 747, the aircraft was clean but looking dated. We were seated to the rear of the aircraft. The food choice was OK but both meals had curried options, fine if you like curry, but limiting if you don't. Lucky for us there was still a choice. My TV was broken so I had a long 6.5 hours. The flight crew were very helpful and happy.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by R Thompson    (Canada)

Flew World Traveller Plus for the first time. Our trip was to and from LHR from Toronto YYZ. When flying a distance World Traveller Plus is well worth the little extra. Being a big guy - tall - I really appreciated the larger seats and the extra leg room. And the on-board staff were super. Will never fly regular economy again if at all possible. Unfortunately we got caught in the baggage screw-up at Heathrow on Friday June 6th. We made it back to Toronto OK but our luggage was just delivered to our house today, Wednesday June 11th. I guess that one must remain philosophical when these things happen. I'm just glad that it was at the end of our vacation and not the start. All-in-all I will definitely fly British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Wallace Gordon    (UK)

Glasgow to LHR on a completely full flight. The crew were amazing despite being provoked by an extremely rude lady who was sitting at the emergency exit seat, they remained calm and professional despite her rude and obnoxious comments. Departed on time and landed early which is always nice.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Ian Roberts    (UK)

LHR-CPH-LHR both A320s. Other than bussed to stand on the outward all was very good. The bus is unexpected at a 'new' terminal but the warmth of the welcome from the crew cheered you up a lot! Simple and tasty flatbread and drink ideal for the 1.45 journey. The return was a tad delayed due local ATC but even though only 10 mins or so the flight deck kept us very well informed and the crew came round with juice or water. Delay was made up enroute and bag appeared as I reached the carousel. Advance booking and using a few points (some I earned back on this flight) made the fare cheaper than low cost carriers. With BA renewing it's fleet the a/c seemed almost new and all very enjoyable.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

Rome Fiumicino - LHR, Jun 1st, Economy, Airbus 321. Great staff, food offering poor, I would have been happy to pay for a better option.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

OSL-LHR, June 8th. Two days after arriving I departed still less my check-in bag from June 6th. Flight delayed, this is more often than not on most BA flights I have been on. Food offered in economy same Chicken Tikka sandwich or bean salad as seen on last 3 flights in a week on different routes. I would rather have the option to buy something I might want to eat. Cabin crew Brilliant, nearly always are, but its not just about the crew service, but it's the only reason they have any customers.

British Airways Customer review :  13 June 2014 by J Doherty    (UK)

LGW-MLA, 25th April 2014, Business Class. Where did they get this plane from? Possibly about 1986, fixture and fittings beyond ancient, my seat was wobbly, and not the most comfortable business class seat as space seemed very small. Food good staff fine. Had I paid anymore than the bargain fare I got it would have been a big no no.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.