British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by E Barr    (UK)

LHR to HKG in Club - 777-300ER. Lovely newish plane and very attentive staff with smiles. Seat was rear facing and perfectly fine as a bed but seems to have got a little narrower. Window seat 13A and was expecting some sort of decent storage space but only a tiny little sliding drawer, meaning I had to put everything above in the locker and bother the person in 13B. Food and drink was very good as was inflight entertainment. Decent sleep in a comfortable cabin - only real niggle was the 8 abreast cabin which seems inferior to Cathay / Virgin "herringbone" design.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by R Shoebridge    (Mexico)

Flew MEX-LHR-TLS with BA and was very surprised having seen some negative feedback on here. Flight departed on time, we were received well by staff at check-in and had no problems leaving MEX. Aircraft a 747, which was old yet fairly clean. Entertainment system was a little dated but once they got it working provided light relief. Service was very good, staff were attentive, whilst not overwhelming which is important on a night flight: we were not disturbed but knew refreshments could be brought when requested. Terminal 5 was easy to navigate and flight to TLS left almost on time. Uneventful second flight but nevertheless a good experience. Overall good service and communicative staff, dated aircraft and equipment. Would definitely recommend, service far better than other transatlantic airlines I have experienced.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by B Michael    (UK)

I have used British Airways over a number of years for work and leisure trips non-exclusively and must say I have noted a gradual but continued decrease in service quality. On a recent return flight from Johannesburg travelling with an infant we were delayed for over 30 hours. The way in which the delay was handled was terrible. Minimal staff meant it took three plus hours to get checked in to a hotel. Then trying to arrange the return minimising waiting time for the little one took 5 hours with two staff serving 400 passengers with no concern for customers. Tried calling head office and they were less helpful than the booking agents.My intention is to avoid where possible and in many cases they are cheaper alternatives.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Gibson    (UK)

MAN-LHR-LAX. Flew Manchester to LAX via Heathrow on Christmas day in Club World on the A380. Check in and boarding were extremely smooth at Manchester and the lounge was also quiet due to the fact it was a holiday.Upon arrival LHR was much busier, so much so that we struggled to find a seat in the south lounge. When it came time to board the aircraft it was, quite frankly, carnage. There didn't seem to be any real system and we had to fight through the crowds just to be able to get in the (long) line for Club passengers. The downside of such a big aircraft is the number of passengers, even in Club world. Once on board it was a fairly standard offering, Club World on BA is pretty consistent across all aircraft I now find. Seat and service were all fine, not exceptional but acceptable. My one main gripe us that we were seated on the lower deck (seats 13A and 13B) and on our side of the plane there was only one tiny bathroom, which often led to a line. The other side of the aircraft had two bathrooms but getting to them meant going all the way round the galley kitchen and cabin staff in there were often busy working or just hanging out and it seemed that they weren't too keen on being disturbed. Whilst there's no doubt the A380 is a quieter aircraft I feel its size and the number of passengers takes something away from the level of service, which you'd expect to be high given the price paid for Club World tickets.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by R Rodway    (USA)

Being an ex pat, I decided to fly the flag from Seattle back to England in November 2014 to celebrate my 60th birthday. I was accompanied by my wife, a son and daughter with their spouse's and our 2 year old grandson. Between us all, we spent a considerable amount of money to fly economy class. After a short time into the flight, we soon discovered the economy seats on the 777 to be extremely small, uncomfortably close to the seats in front of us with almost no legroom and armrest that only fold up halfway! I wonder what genius came up with that one. Aside from serving us "steerage" passengers that stuff they called food and a drink, we never saw the cabin crew in both directions. They wouldn't even come around to collect the trash so we sat amidst it. They didn't even check to see if my grandson needed anything. As far as flying BA again, there wont be a next time.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Mike Rickett    (UK)

I flew to Toronto from Manchester via T5 Heathrow on Dec 17, returning on Jan 5. I have no complaints about the inflight experience which was generally very good, although I am not sure that premium economy is really worth the money. What I found completely annoying was the lack of air-bridges both on departure and arrival at T5 Heathrow. We were herded on to buses like cattle, closely resembling the tube at rush hour and then had to climb steep steps into the aircraft, no easy feat with heavy hand luggage and duty free. Are there not enough gates with air bridges at T5? Why is this necessary. I will be flying to Toronto again in September but I am not sure it will be with BA if this situation persists.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by T Jones    (UK)

Flew LHR to Denver, Colorado on 26/12/14 - 6/1/15 for a ski holiday. Absolutely disappointed and outraged at the rubbish food served on both flights and obviously what I consider as edible and what BA class as edible we shall truly disagree on - awful food. Coffee rubbish, asked for more water and never got any? The inflight entertainment was also poor and a film was stopped after 30 minutes to reboot the system for other passengers. The male stewards were fine and happy, but one of the female stewardesses was miserable and we felt we were putting her out asking for a drink, which never arrived anyway? Thought BA had got rid of that superior, lucky to fly with us attitude! Will not fly them again if I can help it.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by R Barnett    (UK)

I only travel on BA as I am a sucker for the avios points! I am based in London and genuinely like LHR T5. Over the years I have seen the gradual downgrading of Club and First. Very nice new equipment with the A380 but other than being quiet and having an excellent entertainment system nothing has really changed. Paper salt and pepper sachets in Club, an amenity kit that is so poor its not worth opening. I mostly pay for my ticket and due to some excellent fares, will fly club, I can accept the downgrading as I sort of like the seat. First is now just about how club used to be, what happened to canapés being offered as you sat down, where is the eat what you want, when you want service? Krug champagne! I I use my avios when travelling in First, I don't believe anyone pays a full fare in that cabin. Don't get me wrong, I like BA but just feel a little sad that the polish has gone from their premium cabins.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Maitra    (UK)

After flying Iberia MAD-SCL, the return journey from Buenos Aires to LHR was underwhelming. Old, tired plane (777) with a 3-4-3 set up for a 13 hour flight (compared to a far more comfortable 2-4-2 on Iberia), IFE screens smaller than any other airline with very limited options, uncomfortable seats with minimal leg room. FA's adequate as was the meal. I don't understand why BA is 4-star rated and Iberia and LAN are 3-stars or how they can charge much more than any other European airline? They don't even want to try and being British I am really disappointed with the state of our flagship carrier. How are they going to compete with Emirates, Qatar etc?

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Reay    (Australia)

Flew on 23 December from Shanghai to LHR in first. Only 3 of us in the cabin so service was excellent and very personal. Found the seat and bed both very comfortable and food and drink selection was excellent. IFE wasn't amazing - found stuff to watch but easily got bored. First lived up to my expectations on BA and I'd love to repeat it.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Bain    (UK)

Wednesday 24th December - 787 Dreamliner LHR to Calgary in Club - Seat 3A. Used the lounges and managed to get a free facial in the Elemis spa. On entering the aircraft it was nice to see the big seats. However it took the staff at least 5 minutes to collect our coats. We were lucky we were travelling as a couple as it would be quite annoying if you were in 3B as the food is served over the dividing barrier. Food was very nice. Being next to the windows it was hard to hear the cabin announcements as the air circulation is quite loud. The windows are different as the change colour instead of the usual blinds. The seat design is very poor for those in seat a, rows 1, 2 and 6 as they have to step over the person in the row in front if they are lying down. 3A has its own access to the aisle. The seat is ok and does go to a flat bed but with it only being 6ft a lot of people will not be able to stretch out. Disembarking was chaos as the people from the other bit in club and premium tried to get off before us. We managed to get seats for £1000 return in the November sale - I would not like to have paid the usual £6k return as it is not value for money.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Kayleigh Collins    (Japan)

Travelled from London Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda, overall not a very pleasurable experience. The seats were uncomfortable, blankets were of poor quality. Seats were crammed too close to one another, the pillow provided was also of poor quality. The entertainment system was great for TV shows but terrible for movies, only one headphone worked and occasionally the sound would black out, the system suffered a few malfunctions but smoothed out once up in the air. The food was delicious, but the tea and coffee was poor. Staff service was good but still lots of room for improvement. The aircraft and the experience itself seemed old and dated compared to other carriers I have flown with.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by David Ellis    (UK)

LHR-JNB-CPT. Upper deck on A380. 2x3x2 arrangement far from ideal for the trio in the middle, although dividing up the club world cabin helps. Seats otherwise identical to usual BA business class. Window seats are best because of lockers at the side. Take-off remarkably quiet and smooth. Dinner service quick - in marked contrast to recent Emirates flight on A380. Food actually very good, including a main course salad with 'warmed salmon' which was as good as in any restaurant. Slow disembarkation at JNB. Huge confusion about whether luggage had to be retrieved and re-checked in (check in at LHR informed us it was ticketed all the way to our final destination) and where we had to go for domestic transfer. Eventually arrived in excellent SLOW lounge 45 mins after leaving plane. 2 hr flight on 737 to CPT uneventful and quick baggage retrieval.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by A Singh    (UK)

Los Angeles - Heathrow - Los Angeles over the holidays. Club world is a perfectly fine business product. Staff on both legs were very good, getting the job done in a polite and friendly way. Food, again, is pretty good and benefits from covering the basics well and not being overly fussy. Portion sizes not huge but I don't need the calories anyway. Plenty of drinks offered. An unexpected nice touch was when, during the outbound night flight, as the only passenger awake, a crew member popped her head over, asked if I was ok and if I would like a hot chocolate - and then went and made one. In terms of product this is not a million miles away from United business (both even have backwards-facing seats). However the BA cabin crew are in a class of their own, and it feels like they know it, which translates in to good service. United's intercontinental crews are a somewhat more eclectic group whose get-up-and-go appears to have got-up-and-gone. Just like with the 747 the upstairs on the A380 has side storage, which is useful. The upstairs front section bathrooms are also huge (and, from the front section, you can go up and down the stairs if that tickles your fancy). But downstairs is light and roomy. On return on Dec 29 I was delayed at the gate at Heathrow as staff fussed over various 'company' passengers that needed to be accommodated. These company passengers - flight crew heading off on vacation - then unluckily sat next to me in Club and behaved appallingly for 11 hours - drinking champagne constantly, loudly talking all night and demanding a running commentary on the ins-and-outs of working the A380 from every crew member that passed. They acted like children who had never been on a plane before - and their taking 'selfies' (that included me in the background!) all flight was mildly vexing. Upshot? As long as BA doesn't stiff you by putting its staff on freebie upgrades next to you, you'll enjoy club world on the A380.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Volker Kubillus    (UK)

My wife and I went from London Gatwick to Tampa on 6th November 2014. From our previous flights to this destination we knew already that there was not very much to expect. Old 777 plane. Loud, tired staff not really interested, just working on automatic. The seats were old, dirty and shabby looking. No space, cold and freezing on the legs. The very old screens in the seats are just a nightmare to watch. Broken sound systems. The food topped the whole experience. Just awful! Full of preservatives. Very degrading - even when you sit in the so called "wooden Class". Over the last 3 years I have been flying to Tampa nothing has been changed by BA.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Alan Wan    (UK)

LHR-SFO. I paid premium economy but upgrade with avios so it was good value. Sat in the upper deck. FAs were attentive, helpful and accommodating. A good choice of beverages available and I consumed around 3 glasses of champagne and port during my main meal. Had the steak which were okay for an airline meal. The club kitchen was pretty well stocked with sandwiches, fruit, chocolate, cakes and champagne in plenty of supply. A light meal was offered around 90 minutes before landing, I had the afternoon tea (sandwiches) my wife a salad. Some excellent warm scones were provided. I was happy with my choice, but my wife thought the salad too light for a secondary meal. Overall the food was okay, but I have had better on Singapore Airlines, ANZ and even AA. The IFE system was dated with the screen being not as sharp as other airlines and the choice of movies limited compared to other airlines. On the return journey, I slept most of the flight after the meal. My wife reported the club kitchen was well stocked, contrary to some reports it is often empty on flights returning to Heathrow. A very positive note to report, the BA lounge at SFO is excellent, a good choice of food and drink, excellent space and I loved the direct access to the air bridge.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Andrew Tobin    (UK)

Club world to St Lucia on the 16th December and the service was dreadful - even for BA. When we boarded the aircraft my wife asked for a glass of champagne while we waited for take-off and the hostess said 'I would have to open another bottle'. She then walked away and did not return. Given the cost of the ticket we would have bought that bottle many, many times over. I like to watch movies, or the map of our progress, and on a flight of over 8 hours this is important to me. You guessed it the video system did not work at all for me, nor for several other customers around me. I did complain and have been offered compensation of £60 but only against the cost of another BA ticket. As far as I am concerned they can keep their voucher as my wife, and I, will not fly BA again - ever.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by B Harrison    (UK)

British Airways call themselves a "full service" airline. This they seem to think means providing a packet of crisps or a cookie with your drink of choice. How can it be called "full service" if they even run out of crisps on a 45 minute flight between London City and Amsterdam? Really poor.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by B Morrison    (UK)

LHR-SFO-LHR. Why do I keep thinking BA will improve? The 747 on this route is falling to bits. Their business class configuration is terrible. Facing a complete stranger, having to attempt to climb over other passenger to go to bathroom! Seat narrow and table unusable for dinner unless use knee to hold it up! Food on both legs awful but worse coming from SFO. Also club kitchen pathetic. IFE systems the worst of any airline. BA please travel on Emirates just once and see how it should be done. Staff on way out on upper deck very nice and attentive however on return to LHR on upper deck staff were verging on "can't be bothered"! Served dinner during severe turbulence which you could not eat so they could get dinner finished and sit down for rest of flight. Had to go to galley to get drink as ignored call button. Then empties sat on table for two hours before I dumped them in galley. Breakfast consisted of hard fruit and greasy bacon tiny roll. Both of which left uneaten. I keep booking through blind loyalty but after Bahrain and San Fran in December decided no more. They have just got too bad.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by R Anderson    (UK)

Muscat - Abu Dhabi - London. Delayed over two hours no, vouchers offered. No welcome drinks or papers offered on the ground, both sectors. Not all screens opened for the front row to watch the safety video. No cabin checks done on one side ex Abu Dhabi. Menus left on the seat arms in the middle of the night. Crew did not seem to have any supervision or experience.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Bob Kumar    (UK)

The last trip was in Nov to Washington, flew first in the new A380 which is a great aircraft, very spacious cabin and extremely quiet. Service and drinks choice fine but their food is always questionable. On the way out had the tasting menu which was good, even had two dishes repeated but on the return chose the chicken in a mushroom sauce! This was disgusting and after two bites sent it back. This is not the first time BA's food has been suspect either, their club Europe service to Gibraltar also serves up light cold snacks though charging up to £750 return for a 2.5hour flight. For those looking to fly BA, the lounges, aircraft and staff are good to go but the food needs to be improved.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by M Lomax    (UK)

We flew from Manchester to LHR to YCC and return over the Christmas period on the Dreamliner. The only comfortable section of the journey was the short trip to and from London. The Dreamliner, is narrow and uncomfortable. We had read the reviews and were hopeful it would be better than the reviews. The 3-3-3 seating is far too cramped with narrow seats, the leg room was just about acceptable. We sat in the back row of the front cabin of economy, by choice, as it reduced the risk of being kicked from behind. It was a good choice but pick the side without rest rooms behind you as the toilets are very noisy and busy. The food was typical air line food. The crew were variable. On the outward journey the crew were great but on the return less pleasant. The lights were dimmed late in the flight and the crew did not use the variable lighting to gradually light the cabin and just flicked the switch. We are returning to Canada in a few months but we will not be using BA despite my husbands Executive Club membership. BA are still great for short haul but they need to rethink the Dreamliner experience.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Cathy Collison    (UK)

It was the first time flying on the A380 and for the first time in my life slept for about nine hours on the flight from Heathrow to Singapore. After reading reviews suggesting that the seats in World Traveller were small and uncomfortable I was not looking forward to this long haul flight. All I can say is these seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat/ slept on. The cabin was quiet with excellent cabin crew. My only complaint is you have to know how to work the system to get the seats with extra legroom or upstairs!

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by R Schroeder    (UK)

HAM-LHR, Club Europe, Seat 2F, new cabin. Dear, oh dear - surely no one within BA could have said this seat as adequate for people paying a premium. I find the new seat absolutely horrible. It's very tight and I am unable to use my laptop. Flying BA Club Europe is no longer justifiable, because its no longer possible to work during the flight. Yes, the luggage rack moved to eye level. It does not give the 4 inches or so lost by moving the seats closer together. Seats are also very hard and extremely uncomfortable. Dear BA - please reconsider this terrible new seat, an attractive cabin alone does not make for a business class that is useful to business people.

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by David Russell    (UK)

BA662 26/12/14 LHR-LCA Economy Seat 27K. 37 minutes late leaving Heathrow but that's not unusual for this service, made up some of the time but still arrived 30 minutes late into Larnaca. Flight was on an old Boeing 767 - the seating was a bit too firm and not very comfortable. This seat was an exit row so leg room was superb. Gets a little cold here but OK for a flight of this duration. No personal video on demand just old overhead screen system so next to useless. They replace the seats but not the entertainment system and on a flight like this of over four hours it should be better. Food was pretty good with a choice of salad or hot meal with the usual free beverages. Cabin crew were OK, nothing special and we never got a pass by the duty free either, for some reason they missed out rows 27J/K towards the back. Flight crew gave good flight information and updates. Luggage arrived OK at destination. So to sum up, very ordinary, very average, very late.

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Morrison Jack    (UK)

Travelled Club from MIA to LHR last week having made the outbound trip on a codeshare AA flight (which was excellent!) We paid an extra £170 to pre-book seats upstairs, which was ridiculously expensive. It's been several years since I last tried BA Club on a transatlantic flight, and I was frankly shocked at how bad the product has become. Compared to the Emirates business class I'd experienced from the far east just 6 weeks before, BA are fast becoming the 'Lada' of the Airline business. The seats are no longer that comfortable, with the window passenger having to step over the feet of the total stranger in the next row to get into the aisle. The entertainment? Really poor! But, worst of all, the food! I would have been disappointed to get rubbish like that served in Economy, but when one has paid thousands of pounds for the privilege? The breakfast was a joke. A glass of orange juice accompanied by a few slices of fruit and melon and the offer of a tiny bacon roll! My wife had requested special vegetarian meals, so when the bacon rolls came along the Cabin Crew first offered her one, then said "Oh sorry, of course you're vegetarian!" and that was it - no alternative! Never again BA!

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by C Pedersen    (UK)

Had a good BA flight out to Barcelona but found on return switched to Vueling. On this flight we had to pay for refreshments. I wrote in to BA to complain and had no reply. After several weeks I re-wrote and eventually received an apology but no explanation as to why we had to pay for food.

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by R Simon    (Austria)

LIS-LHR-VIE on Dec. 8, both legs on an Airbus 320 in Club Europe (Business Class) - both legs on time, seats were Economy seats with the middle seat left unsold and featuring the new slim seats which are less comfortable and have a reduced seat pitch – Check-in in LIS was handled by rather surly agents, which was untypical for an otherwise friendly airport, but Business class waiting lines were very short, so overall it was OK. LIS-LHR leg was with a rather lacklustre and inattentive European fleet crew, after the initial service of food and drinks further service consisted of clearing the dishes and on board sales. Other than that Business class flight attendants were behind the curtain reading magazines, chatting and rather attending to themselves than the passengers. At 11 am, the Business Class food served was a plate cold cuts, a roll and three thin slices of fruit (basically a make yourself sandwich on a plate). Extremely disappointing and poor for a lunch flight scheduled to arrive in Heathrow after 1 pm. On the LHR-VIE leg service was“afternoon tea”meaning again sandwiches. However this time at least it was more appropriate due to time of day. Full bar service on both flights and the French white wine served was ok. The mixed fleet crew on the second leg was more interested in its job and up to BA standards regarding friendliness and attentiveness. Transfer procedures in LHR Terminal 3 were fast and friendly, even the extra security checks required for all transfers at LHR (even Intra-EU) were hassle free and easy. BA’s Galleries Lounge in LHR T3 was again an oasis of rest amid a busy airport; comfortable with excellent drink selection and decent food selection, including several good warm choices, such as various curries. In Lisbon Portela BA uses the shared Blue Lounge which is small and offerings are rather limited; some limited snacks, ok drinks, but at least good Nespresso coffee. Although small, it was not crowded, which is a plus. So, BA delivered a good basic product for economy standards, but I fail to see any real Business Class service offered here (not seat wise, not meal wise, not service wise). The only saving grace was the Galleries Lounge in Heathrow T3 and the better service on the LHR-VIE leg. Not recommended for Business Class within Europe based on this experience. (Oneworld Sapphire).

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by S Tilton    (UK)

LGW to TFS in Club Europe. Disappointing that BA has downgraded its CE service to such an extent that it is not really worth paying the extra for short haul. Too little leg room now such that new seats are no different from Economy - yes, the middle seat is not occupied but what both my partner and I would like is additional leg room. Not good enough to pay the extra and then have to sit at an angle to fit into the seat. New seats are uncomfortable as well. Lunch service reminiscent of Economy food trays of the 80s too. Cabin crew doing their best with a full club cabin - CE clearly still popular for the moment even with revised cabin layout, but for how much longer? Can no longer recommend BA for a four hour short-haul, although good time-keeping. Such a shame that BA has allowed this to happen. Think again, BA.

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by K Fletcher-Biles    (UK)

Flights LHR - Prague return, 1st - 4th December. Very full flights. The online booking/check in system was down for 'technical reasons' for the 24hrs before departure. Consequently my wife and I arrived at LHR well before check in time and were only offered two middle seats in different rows. How is this if the booking system was unavailable? The flight itself was 1hr late departing Terminal 3, not terminal 5 as most other flights with BA. Return flights bookable in Prague so at least got to sit together. Planes were pretty new Airbus A320's, comfortable and well suited to the 1hr 45m flight. The best bit was this was a short break booked via the BA website and included a very central boutique hotel and breakfast for under £250 each. A nice idea before Christmas with Prague looking it's best with a light dusting of snow.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

Washington - LHR. We arrived early for our 18.30 departure as we intended eating in the new BA Executive lounge. It is about two months old and is a very good set up indeed. Plenty of seating that is well spread out and comfortable. The food was plentiful, freshly cooked, both varied and tasty. No complaints so far. We were seated in the two most forward seats on the upper deck of the A380. Seats 50A and 50B. I was happy facing my wife - but really would not be happy to be staring at a stranger for a longish flight. I hope this weird seating design is changed in the near future. It was the so called latest Club World seat in a rather gloomy grey colour. In fact the whole cabin ambiance is different tones of grey. It has been some time since I have flown Club - the last being on a 777 to Antigua in 2010. I am absolutely sure this "new" seat is smaller. We pushed back on time and as soon as the lights dimmed I, well put it this way, tried to get some sleep. It was a horrendous experience. In 35 years of aviation travel I have completed hundreds of flights and this was by far the worse - ever ! I simply could not get comfortable and drift off to sleep. The temperature was fine. Noise level was minimal. The "bed" was rock hard. To narrow. To short. The seat controls were fiddly and not user friendly. I arrived into LHR without so much as 15 minutes of sleep. I had no difficulty in sleeping on the 777 Club product - and back then I was 20 kilos heavier. This product is not cheap (On some sectors its as high as £7,000 return) - although we purchased our tickets on Avios - with a 1st Class outbound and Club return. The saving grace was a strong tail wind that shot us across the pond in 6.5 hours. I couldn't wait to get off.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by John Frewen-Lord    (UK)

A380 to Hong Kong, WT+. Wonderful plane, slept for a number of hours (which for me is all but unheard of). Food much better than I was expecting, considering that WT+ is supposed to get the same food as WT. Plane left on time and arrived early. Crew friendly - I had little call to ask them for much, but any request was quickly attended to. Return from Bangkok, incoming flight (and hence departure from BKK) delayed to ATC in UK, BA provided voucher which was more than enough for a good sized breakfast. 777 nowhere near as nice as the A380, noisy, seats less comfortable, and I got barely any sleep on this 13h flight. FAs not as attentive as going out, but no real complaints. Poor choice of entertainment on very small screen. Overall, quite good, and fair value for money in WT+.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by C Down    (UK)

A380, Club World, HKG-LHR. Overall a very good flight with BA. I had a good window seat with direct aisle access and fortunately the cabin was not particularly busy so the toilet did not cause any disturbance. I find the seat very comfortable for eating, lounging and sleeping, although a mattress topper would make sleeping even more comfortable. The half folding table is great when you just have a drink or your phone charging, but of course this has to become the table when a meal service starts so it is a shame there isn't a separate table. The inflight entertainment is excellent, I do not understand any criticism of this as the screen is large and good quality and there is a large choice of films and TV. The catering however continues to be poor with BA. While the menu sounds great and dishes generally look good, they often fall down when you actually eat them. As this was an overnight flight the meals were designed lighter and the champagne and canapés starter sounded perfect, they were however 3 limp tasteless bite sized things. This to me is BA's weakest area and they really need to improve their catering offering in order to compete with other airlines. Service from cabin crew were very good, friendly and efficient and always calling me by my name wherever they see me in the cabin.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by J Landers    (USA)

Premium Economy, pricey but of questionable value. Having flown BA long-haul twice previously in economy, we decided to pay $900 extra round-trip for World Traveller Plus. All we got for the money was legroom. Terrific, because I'm 6'3", but not worth the price. The trick to airline comfort - and there is no such thing unless you're flying business or first class - on a long-haul flight is to book the "4" section of 3-4-3 in economy, and hope that the two people beside you and your travel companion are smart enough to figure out that the quickest way to the aisle is to go across one person, not two. Let's face it, all you want from a long-haul flight are comfortable seats (and the new generation of thinner seats receives mixed reviews) and acceptable food. You expect safety and timely arrival, which depends on weather and other variables not controlled by the airline.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Guy Senior    (UK)

Austin to London on a 787. Difficult to quite place why a 787 is better but it is - noise in particular is lower. The 'enhanced' Club World is a bit longer than normal with a different colour scheme. A very good dinner and a new IFE system with lots of choice. As normal with BA, service is good. Almost a perfect flight.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Guy Senior    (UK)

A very pleasant but flawed flight to Dallas. On the plus side, a very good lunch, good drinks, lots of privacy (difficult to see fellow passengers), a very comfortable seat and an excellent crew. However, the IFE had limited choice and the second 'meal' served 8 hours after take off was a few sandwiches. Not difficult to put this right and turn good into great.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by D Choy    (UK)

LHR-SFO - Club World. I find myself nodding to the negative yet factual feedbacks of others regarding BA's premium products. Online check in and boarding were smooth and uneventful. That is it! Whoever designed the club world seat needs to have their head examined. The board that signed off on the product should be fired! The seat was narrowed with no space to put your drinks without lowering the dining table. That is just plain stupid. Having to step over another pax to get out of your seat (if seated in window) is another stupid concept! The design offers absolutely no privacy if seated in the aisle. The food was okay nothing to brag about and definitely not at the level expected to see in premium class (compared to the likes of Air France or Lufthansa). Entertainment selection were poor but better than KLM and the screen not of good size. Fly crews were ok. I ordered the beef and the pax next to me did the same. Even though my order was first, my neighbour got the last order. Fair enough, ended up with Turkey roulade, was ok. The crews were apologetic but not attentive. Having flew other carriers I can honestly say theirs little enthusiasm shown by the crew, which is a shame. Had an opportunity to look at the 1st class menu. To be frank, any carrier who does not offer caviar's in its first class cabin in my view is out with the time. Making this observation because in 2 months I will be travelling to Mexico and the price comparison between Lufthansa and BA are not far apart (former slightly less) but I suspect flying Lufthansa is likely to be more enjoyable than BA based on the experienced of this journey. Will see if the return flight might tilt the view to the (+). I would not pay the published C or F class fares on BA. The product line does not equate to the price. BA was the Waitrose and is now between Tesco or ASDA.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by David Walsh    (UK)

Flew LHR-CPH in business class on 23rd December 2014. New cabin and seats are a vast improvement and the new clean planes are good. Food was ok, with an afternoon tea. Lots of drinks offered and the flight caught up the delay on departure. Nice friendly staff too.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by R Simpson    (Australia)

My wife and I flew business class upstairs on the A380 Hong Kong to LHR, flight BA 26, on the 21/12/14, seats 51 K and J. We found the seats comfortable and the window seat was private with plenty of storage, my wife found the reverse to be true of the aisle seat, getting out of the window seat is quite tricky. We found the food to be quite tasty. We had the beef tenderloin for dinner which was cooked nicely and tasted very good. The cooked English breakfast was also good. The plane was clean and new looking and the toilets were clean and fresh. Staff service, on the whole was reasonable, however they did very little other than the main meal services, also the head FA was particularly unfriendly, bordering on rude. Will we fly BA again after our return on the 23/1/15? Maybe, if they are considerably cheaper, or Cathay Pacific are full.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by James Walters    (USA)

SAN-MUC for a conference. I hold Oneworld Sapphire status yet the BA website didn't recognize and wanted to charge me for advanced seat assignments. After several phone calls with no solution, BA finally called American Airlines to verify my status and assigned my seats in advance. Check in at SAN was cramped and disorganized. No offer to upgrade to the next class of service (biz class was only 1/4 full). Lounge was amazing! Boarded the 777-200 3 class service. The plane was outdated. No outlets to charge iPhone/iPad. PVOD screen was slightly bigger than an iPhone 6 screen. PVOD control on the inside of the seat. One slight move and the volume or channel changed. Very frustrating. The cabin crew clearly couldn't care less about the passengers. Meal service wasn't started until 2 hours after take off - very slow. Seats were hard and chipped and broken. I'll never fly the SAN-LHR route again with this equipment. I had better expectations. Turkish and ANZ premium economy are significantly better. However, I switched back to Oneworld and don't have many choices. BA needs to up their game if they expect to remain competitive in the global world. AA is even better in economy.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by N Bhettay    (Ireland)

Really like the new business class cabins on the BA A380 (LHR-JNB) - the dimmed lighting is so civilized and much more conducive to long haul travel and getting some sleep. Why do we need to have those ridiculous lights in cabins on so bright? Chairs seem to be slimmer though and the last row practically is the first row of premium economy where all the new babies inevitably travel. Not great for business class sleeping and poor design there. Great service and food and beverages continue to be high quality, great menus, also good entertainment selection. Didn't even notice takeoff (which was delayed) as movies etc available before take off. Very good.

British Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Charlie Walker    (UK)

The TV is the worst I have ever experienced and I mean of all TVs ever, not just airline TVs! The contrast was non-existent, and the resolution appalling. It was like watching a grainy black and white picture that was so dark you had to strain your eyes to see (when the cabin lights were off, when they were on, it was impossible to see!) It wasn't just my seat, my colleagues was the same and I could see walking around the cabin that this is the standard of TVs in your cabin, not just a problem with mine. The tray table was so flimsy it was barely usable without using your knee to prop it up. The table had about a 15 degree angle on it and drinks slid off twice during my flight - it wasn't even turbulent. Power sockets on a flight originating in the UK, and run by a UK airline should be UK sockets, not US sockets! The food was adequate, but nothing special, I've had equivalent meals in economy class on other airlines, and other business class meals have far exceeded this! Furthermore, my side salad came out frozen not just a bit cold, but frozen solid! It had clearly been kept too close to the chilling unit! Finally, when the Club World cabin ran out of tonic water, there was no attempt made by the cabin crew to go and check the trolleys in a different cabin it was a case of sorry, there's none in this trolley so you can't have any. All in all, this isn't the level of service that I expect when paying nearly £3,000 for a flight. It was my first time flying Club with BA, and I had expected a level of service equivalent to business class with other airlines, how wrong I was!

British Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by J Scholfield    (UK)

LHR to BKK outbound on Boeing 777, SIN to LHR inbound on Boeing 747. Outbound flight delayed (which seems to happen on a regular basis for this flight) which meant a missed connection in BKK. Flight ok but the catering was ridiculous on a 11 hr sector, only 2 choices which meant they ran out of chicken after about 5 rows and everyone else had to make do with the vegetarian option. Flight back was on time, still only 2 choices of meals but the crew were excellent, very friendly and approachable. The IFE was very limited compared to the Middle Eastern carriers and BA really do need to up their game if they're to compete with Emirates, Etihad and Qatar on these routes. It's also much easier to fly with those airlines if you are from any part of the UK other than London and the Southeast of England, as BA only do long haul from LHR and LGW.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Steven Miller    (UK)

British Airways are not interested in providing normal business class comforts and cuisine or even lounges on some routes. The Cancun route and the Nassau routes I have flown recently show this clearly as they are presumably are not bothered with little or no competition at all. This saddens me that they have made a clear decision that on holiday type routes, they will provide the absolute minimum on everything. One example that shows how pathetic it has become with cutbacks out of many problems I encountered on these routes, is that the food was so awful on the Cancun flight recently, that we merely asked for cheese and biscuits in business class, to be told that we could only have one packet of two biscuits each as BA only allocated one packet per person. The staff all agree that this was pathetic! No lounges at both these airports either and queuing of business class and economy all together no attempt to really show you paid extra for your ticket.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by M Gavin    (UK)

Flew GLA-LHR-JFK return trip on 3rd December, returned on 8th. Domestic flight was excellent both ways, the new cabin is lovely, breakfast was very good, cabin crew very professional. LHR-JFK sector was excellent. Although the 747 cabin is extremely worn, the aircraft are being replaced in due course. The crew were very attentive and provided plenty of drinks, the meal was lovely too. On the way back the turbulence was severe and there were a lot of frightened passengers, the crew were very calm and reassuring and helped ease anxieties round the cabin.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by H Kieran    (UK)

Flew with BA back in June from London Heathrow (LHR) - Rome (FCO), outbound in Club Europe return in Economy. Outbound flight on an A321 in business, great service, relaxing and comfortable, improved greatly being addressed by name by the crew who were very funny and friendly, great food and drinks on flight leaving London at 8:30 in the morning. Return on a 767 in Economy, great service and very relaxing, brilliant food and drink even in Economy and once again friendly crew and brilliant seats. After a few trips over the months it appears BA is definitely improving with such brilliant service!

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Robert Wright    (UK)

TPA - LGW on Dec 10th in PE. BA have total monopoly on the London/Tampa rout, and don't they know it. I fly this about every six weeks or so, normally in Club World but sometimes in Premium just due to the huge price variance. The quality of the planes on this route, but more importantly the service and staff attitude are way below the standard you would expect, and this trip was no exception. Old plane, miserable arrogant staff and poor service. I pray every time I fly that another carrier will take up a slot at Tampa, as it's a growing airport, and when they do BA will definitely lose my business, and I suspect, many others.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LHR-Washington on a 777-200. Trip got off to a good start in the BA Concorde 1st Class lounge. Nice champagne and a nice quiet ambiance which I like. The place is starting to show signs of wear and tear - with sagging seat cushions. Plane was latest 1st Class and there was only 7 passengers including my wife and I. It seemed a little larger than the 1st, I travelled on a month ago on an A380. Maybe it was because of the hideous centre console (that houses he folding table) was smaller - rather than take up half the space. To start we had a small "appetizer" (an Amuse Bouche) which was absolutely hideous. A sort of grilled cheese with burnt bits on it and some sort of couscous. It was foul and we left the lot. Both had a langoustine starter which was ok. The mushrooms with it was wet and horrible texture to the mouth. The soup we both had was nice. My cod dish was very good. My wife said the steak two ways was ok. The braised part she did not eat. Wines all ok. Service from the FAs was fine. In terms of overall quality BA really fail consistently to deliver. As a matter of curiosity I sourced the on way price the day before we left; £5,543 - one way. Its an insane price and if I paid that I would be furious as to the product I experienced. Travelling in 1st is only worth it on "sale" offers or Avios. We are travelling back in Club as in my experienced the slightly shorter flight home in First, is not worth the money or the Avios. So disappointing. BA really are clueless when it comes to understanding "quality".

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Tony Banwait    (USA)

SFO-LHR-SFO in Premium Economy in December 2014. Outbound flight - an older 747-400 showing signs of age. Crew not too friendly and were not seen after dinner service. Only one drink offered. Quite impressed with dinner, filet of beef which I believe was from Club menu. Breakfast sadly was a cold croissant and jam. Return flight much better with attentive crew. Double dose of drink was a nice start. Again, served a filet of beef from Club menu which was very good. Older 747-400s need retiring very soon. Premium economy seats are ok but get cramped after a few hours of sitting.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Balaz    (USA)

LHR to MIA on 12/8/2014. Pros: Lighting, window blinds, large TV, personal storage, PJs and food. Cons: Seat does not conform to lounge chair without activation of sleeper section. No bedding provided except used throw pillow from last seating. Four middle seats crowd the area too much. Bathroom very small. Cabin was very, very dirty. Advise, fly AA 777 or 77W on same route.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Waddell Ian    (UK)

London-Prague-London. Smart new-looking A320 from T3, which was nice. Early flight so no delays, ahead of the ATC cock-up that day. Good crew there and back, on time and generally excellent service. The one thing which places BA apart from Easyjet (I won't even mention Ryanair) is the speed of cabin service because no money changes hands. On Easyjet the trolley makes glacial progress down the aisle whereas on BA things move much more quickly.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by G Tonge    (UK)

Very satisfactory flight with British Airways from London to Bangkok. Was expecting the worst having read some of the reviews on here. I had one of the window seats where you don't have to climb over somebody to get out and this seat compared favourably with some of the higher ranked airlines as it offers excellent privacy. Everything from check in to departure was seamless and apart from the AVOD which is pretty dated, everything else on board was very satisfactory.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by R Simon    (Austria)

VIE-LHR on Nov 29 on an Airbus 320 in Economy - straightforward evening point to point flight with a mixed fleet crew. Flight departed on time and landed ahead of time in Heathrow which is a rare thing these days. No luggage to check and web check-in was working fine. Plane featured the new slim seats which are a step back in both comfort and legroom. Mixed fleet FA's were pleasant, however the service was not particularly well organized. It took them quite some time for the service to start and it took more than 30 minutes to get a drink after the sandwich has been served. On the other hand, the bacon sandwich was actually good and full bar service was offered. Other than the “required service” of sandwich, drink and duty free, the crew was pretty much in hiding mode. Service not quite up to usual BA standards. BA uses a shared lounge in VIE, which this time was quite busy but not overcrowded. Lounge as such is acceptable, but far from great. Still believe that BA offers one of the best economy products on the European market and flying them is in general a pleasant experience. (Oneworld Sapphire).

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by T Hanan    (Germany)

MAN-LHR-ZRH and return. Very smooth online check-in and seat selection. Lightly loaded flights, so I ended up with an empty seat next to me on every leg of the journey. The catering was pretty basic, the usual crisps, biscuits or nuts, but a full complimentary bar. Every flight was on time or early - when the return flight arrived at LHR ahead of schedule, they even agreed to rebook me on an earlier connection to MAN, which then also arrived early at MAN. All in all, an impressive experience.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S Scott    (UK)

Great experience on BA, Glasgow to Prague via Heathrow, outbound 3/12/14, inbound 6/12/14. Immaculate refurbished aircraft, seats very comfortable. Great breakfast, unexpected, from Glasgow and tasty filling sandwiches on the Prague flights. Only quibble is very scanty snack on evening flight back to Glasgow. Very good value package city break to Prague from Glasgow.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by A Chan    (Australia)

Flew return (LHR to LAX) on the A380. Condition of the aircraft is good as the aircraft is new. BA had first, business and economy on the main deck and business, premium economy and economy on the upper deck. This was good as it avoided the vast spaces which could make the cabin look like cattle class. The food service was acceptable and has not changed much (except for the smaller portion) from which I first flew with BA about 15 years ago. Service was delivered in a professional and timely manner. The downside was the seat design. BA is trying to fit a remote control, video screen, tray table and storage space all on the seat back. This makes the tray table and video screen far too small (back to sizes that I experienced back in the 90s). This made the travel experience felt like cattle class as the seat dimension is typical economy seat size. All other airlines have improved the travel experience by improving the economy seat design. The worst experience was on the return leg when a passenger absolutely refused to put his seat upright during the dinner service and this was after I asked him repeatedly. This resulted in my tray sloping down and the dinner tray and tray table hitting my stomach. The cabin crew just shrug me off when I asked him to ask the "gentleman" to put up his seat for just 10 minutes. Come on there is a big difference between good service (not upsetting customers) and just avoiding difficult situations.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by L Jarvis    (Australia)

JFK-LHR, B747. Brilliant flight - namely because of the flight attendants. They were really friendly - not hurried in what they were doing and seemed genuine. The product on this older 747 wasn't great. It was nice having the extra room and smaller cabin in Premium Economy - but the TV screen was tiny and you could tell it was just an out of date aircraft and needed updating! Food was absolutely excellent - beautiful lamb cutlet and beef cheek - best food I've had on an aircraft. Quick flight - reasonably comfortable and would definitely fly again!

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Smith    (USA)

I cannot believe that BA calls their plane from Austin to London a "Dreamliner". I'm sitting in their so called "club world" which is the equivalent to Americans business class and this plane is awful! There is no room to put anything at all. Everything, and I mean everything goes in storage. You are literally looking straight at the person next to you. Attendants are rude. Don't waste your money. While its nice to go non-stop between Austin and London this will be the last time I ever take this flight.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Boone Pieter    (Netherlands)

AMS-LHR-JNB and CPT-LHR-AMS in club. 767 between Amsterdam and London is just wonderful, Love the front cabin. A380 to JNB. This was a late departure. I could see - from the lounge - the A380 arrive at the stand some 30 minutes prior to boarding, obviously arriving late from another destination and even though it doesn't require a lot of inside-knowledge to see that such a plane can not be 'turned around' in 60 minutes. However, BA did not feel there would be a delay until it called all it's premium passengers from the lounge and had them lined up in 4 separate lanes in front of the counter, then announcing a delay of 15, then 30, then 45 minutes: How to get your most appreciated customers furious, never hear so many complaints on an airline even before the flight started: terrible ground management: not a good start. Upperdeck club seating is absolutely wonderful and this plane is so quiet that you can hear everything. Never realized how much snoring is going on at night, first time I had to use earplugs. Food was just terrible and how BA gets away with having pepper and salt in the cheapest of the cheapest sachets just baffles me. The flight to Jo'burg was obviously done by the more senior crew who have incredible charm, wit and the most entertaining sense of humor. That opposed to the 'new crew' on the way back from Cape Town. Old 747, with spacious seating, all fine. Crew stressed, running all the time, no manners, no sense of class and definitely no sense of humor. Food was slightly better on this long flight, but way below any other European carrier I flew. It was my first time in club on BA, I love the seat, very comfortable for sleeping. There is a lack of space to put your stuff but other than that: a really nice product. BA lounges definitely stand out in the level of catering (food). Transfer at LHR T 5 was quick and easy, but terminal itself is a tacky shopping mall and how - so soon after being delivered as new - half of it was blocked for remodelling. My return to Amsterdam on a new A319 was great. Good breakfast and seating is fine.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by R King    (UK)

Travelled JFK - LHR, late November. The Concorde Room: very nice indeed, food not that good for once. Seat 1K: fine, comfortable enough but no space at all for small things - even the wardrobe had no storage space. Just room for the coat and shoes below. This compares with American Airlines Business Class which had essentially the same seat, loads of storage space and good privacy. AA Business class is equivalent to BA First Class. The service was fantastic as always with BA. Cup of tea excellent and breakfast good. Toiletries bag was fine with all the items needed. Toilet a bit naff for First Class. Value for money simply because the deal I got was really good - BA always do deals late November. Otherwise it would have been poor value. However AA are preferred - BA do not have WiFi.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Tom Gleinser    (USA)

We flew "Business/1st class" from London to Dublin and then Berlin to London recently on an Airbus A-130 (like a 737). Three seats on a side. The only thing different from coach was they put a tray table over the center seat. The seats were as cramped as Southwest airlines. The service was excellent, but the seats made it a bad deal.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by H Blackhall    (UK)

LGW-TFS in November 2014. Flight left Gatwick at about 0900hrs to arrive Tenerife at 1340 hours. We were served a croissant and cereal bar plus coffee and a yoghurt at about 1000hrs. No further trolley service at all during this four and a half hour flight. On the return leg leaving Tenerife at 1415hrs we were served a wrap and a cheese roll with either drink from the bar or hot drink. The drinks were served after the meal. No further trolley service. The seating configuration was tight to say the least and I am 5'8. This felt like a budget airline flight. The Captain asked us to enjoy British Airways hospitality!

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Turunen    (UK)

LHR-HEL Club Europe / HEL-LHR Economy. Club has improved a lot. Great service from staff. Greeting you by your name. However, the food was just cold cuts and salad - dessert thin slices of fruit. The new seats are not very comfortable but I sat in the first row so had ample leg room. Not sure if worth a full fare but as a part miles ticket it was enjoyable. The return in economy was fine. Again the new seats are not comfortable - much prefer the old ones although the cabin does look very nice. In economy you were served a sandwich and drinks including beer. I fly the same route regularly in Finnair and BA is a superior service. The flight attendants did a good job. Not overly friendly but quite attentive. The lounge at LHR terminal 3 is ok but breakfast was pretty bad. Egg muffins with no taste at all - do recommend Club Europe but only when not paying top fare.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Robert Davidson    (UK)

BGI-LGW Premium Economy August 2014. Silver Tier Status. Older plane with older version of BA PE seat. Adequate leg room though. Cabin crew barely visible for the 8 hour flight and quite short tempered when they served dinner and breakfast. On BA website, PE meals advertised as being a choice of two dishes off the Business menu. We were definitely served an Economy meal for dinner, which was fairly average. Breakfast before we landed in LGW consisted of a hard cold croissant with jam and fresh orange with tea/coffee. At the end of an 8 hour flight this was really disappointing and I would have been disappointed with this in Economy never mind PE. When I asked a flight attendant about this, I was treated abysmally. Overall, it is not worth paying extra for PE taking into account the poor standard of meals but especially the lack of courtesy and basic manners shown by cabin crew.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Jones    (UK)

Amsterdam for two nights on business. Used BA. I have to say that their economy Euro product is good and covers all angles for smooth and efficient journey. Check in at LHR T5 takes seconds and security minutes. The aircraft was the early-bird and was full. Breakfast snack and tea served minutes after take off. Even a tea refill offered. Good value for money too.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Vivienne Pinnell    (UK)

LHR to Seattle return in WT+, a thoroughly enjoyable experience on each journey. Both flights more or less on time with excellent crew on both legs, very attentive and cheerful, with plenty of drink runs and quite tasty meals. Entertainment quite good with a huge choice of movies, TV and music,. On arrival into Seatac I was through immigration and customs with my luggage and in my limo in under an hour. On arrival into Heathrow terminal 5 it took about the same amount of time. I've been flying this route for the past twenty five years, on average two to three times a year, and BA is certainly the best airline flying to Seattle.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Bell Neill    (USA)

LAX-LHR-LAX, on the A380.The first thing I noticed: You can no longer upgrade with Avios. Unlike the days of BA Miles, any attempt just brings up "No Availability" or the web-site simply tries to make you buy an upgrade. Not a good start. Next up, at LAX the plane was a good hour late arriving. Finally boarded and the flight was OK. Food was from the Club World menu (WTP), seating fine, enough wine, good IFE but then, landing late at LHR, a delay because "An airbus was at our spot". Next, the airbridge will not work, followed by, an airbus is in our spot. Over 35 minutes wasted, sitting there with children bullying passengers. If the pilot wishes to lie, please be consistent. Route back, all quite normal but I feel somehow, BA have thrown the baby out with the bath water. As a share holder, I prefer discounts to dividends which are doubtful ad I preferred using miles to upgrade (try finding flights from the US you can book with "Avios" and finally, why did that pilot lie to all of us, sat there waiting to park? Time to stop collecting miles, change credit cards and look for an honest airline I feel.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Neil Balter    (USA)

Phoenix to London - outbound a wonderful and enjoyable experience. The problem we had started on our return flight home. We boarded the plane and were disappointed to find out that we were in the old style first class. After being in the new cabin on the way out the old configuration is very run down and there was a rip in the seat. I was attempting to work but when I went to plug in my laptop battery I found that there was no adapter for me to use. Since I could no longer work I decided to put a movie on. The tiny screen in the old first class was just pathetic. The flight attendants did their absolute best to make up for the issues and I give them high marks for trying as hard as they possibly could to accommodate me. I decided to walk to the back and visit a friend who was also on the flight. You can imagine my surprise when I saw him sitting in business class with a TV screen bigger than mine, a plug for his laptop, and a new seat. At this point it became obvious to me that the rest of the cabin, both coach and business class, had been upgraded. It doesn't make sense to me. Just when we thought it could not get any worse, we landed in Phoenix to face another issue. We waited 45 minutes for our bags before being told that our luggage was still in London. We've flown on this flight before and had the same issue of our luggage not being on the plane. The difference is that we were informed before landing that our baggage hadn't made it and that they would have it delivered directly to our home. Well this time nobody informed us so we stood there waiting for 45 minutes at the baggage claim before we were told.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by I Lancaster    (UK)

LHR to IST in economy. Excellent! I thought it was a new A320, but FA told me it was not new, it was refurbished. Well done BA on a good re-design: new lighting, seats, clever seat-back storage etc. I believe they've reduced the economy seat pitch, but the design is such that you don't notice. Dinner was served on this evening flight - a very tasty Chicken curry with cheese/crackers and chocolate mousse desert. A very decent meal for a 4-hour flight in economy. FAs were courteous and efficient. The only negative was security at LHR T5, where there was a long delay because of installation of new machines and security alert that morning.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Vincent Borlaug    (USA)

BA216 from Washington to London in World Traveller Plus on BA's new A380 (upper level) - one of the smoothest, quietest flights I've experienced in 45 years of flying. Practically everything went off perfectly - less jet noise than on other aircraft, decent food, great leg-room and seat width, a relaxing cabin layout and a top-notch cabin crew (no rating for entertainment since apart from the flight tracker I don't use it) - even the boarding and disembarkation, despite being on two levels, seemed more orderly than in the past on other aircraft. A success all round.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LHR-BGO on A319. Flight on time and only half full. Drinks and snack on this early departure. Crew very good.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by H Lowe    (UK)

LHR-SFO-LHR. Out in economy and return in economy plus, both in a 747-400. Outbound, seating was in the V2 configuration meaning that no exit seats were available but did manage a bulkhead seat which made the journey more pleasant. Staff on this flight were quite poor, forgot to serve me dinner and disregarded the call button, literally had to physically stop the steward in the aisle to get service. Return in PE cost an extra £240 which is quite steep but the dinner was better as was the space and seat. Service on return was excellent. Breakfast really disappointing, cereal bar and a bag of dried fruit, who on earth in management in BA came up with this menu?

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Christine Coombes    (UK)

I feel as though I am the only traveller in the world who has not enjoyed the experience on the Dreamliner. I've travelled with BA for the past 30 years. When on business I travel business class and when on personal travel it varies between economy and club - depending on distance and budget. This year I travelled to Toronto on vacation and were assigned economy seats on the new Dreamliner. We chose not to upgrade seats as the Dreamliner blurb gushed about seat space. How foolish we were. At just 5'7" and 5'4" respectively, we are not in any way, shape or form giants. But the absolute honest truth is we were squashed in tight. The restricted space was possibly not so much the leg room but the seat width - but letting the table down for food/drink was snug. Outside of the seat space issue everything else was superb. Inflight entertainment equipment was familiar, easy to use. Boarding in UK and Toronto was smooth and helpful ground staff were always visible and proactive in offering and helping passengers. Entertainment itself was varied and instantly accessed. Food was reasonable. Drinks were available with meals and upon request. Crew were unfailingly polite, professional and impeccable.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Donna Burchett    (USA)

IAH-LHR, B747 which was old but sat upstairs and it made it very pleasant. They charged $129 extra to reserve a business class seat in the upper deck. Do not care for the seating of one seat forward and one backwards. The food was terrible and they did not really want to serve any drinks unless they had too. Felt like I was in economy. Nuts were in a bag and breakfast was not much better. Flight attendants not very friendly.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by T Harvey    (Canada)

YVR-LHR-AMS. An uneventful journey with BA but their Boeing 747 from Vancouver was a flashback to the 1990's. Dated interior with cold colours, old seats that recline practically into your face making the already cramped space even more uncomfortable - you could also occasionally feel the person's knees pushing into the back of your own seat. The in-flight entertainment was equally old with a blurry screen and limited choice of entertainment. The cabin crew were courteous and friendly. Arrival and transfer in BA's Terminal 5 was very smooth and relaxing. The connecting flight to Amsterdam was a modern Airbus A319 with bright and comfortable interior/seating. Unless BA revamp their ageing 747 fleet, consider fly with Virgin, Air Canada or even Air Transat for the Vancouver-London route.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Have just completed four flights with British Airways all in Economy and all long-haul. Two were on the A380, one on the B787 and the fourth on a refurbished B777. So they all had the new seat. I find it comfortable although never seem to get the headrest really right. The seats are narrow and on busy flights your neighbours can be rather close. At 1.83m the leg room and spacing was fine although some seats do have restrictions with the entertainment system. The 380 and 787 are very quiet which makes the toilets sound nosier should you be near them. On the upper deck of the 380 the overhead bin space in the back economy section is woefully inadequate. I'm sure it was never planned for economy seating. Food ok - my special meals came as ordered. Flights on time or early and staff helpful and pleasant. Heathrow T5 can be a problem depending on when you travel and the main section (A) can get very busy as people wait to learn the gate details.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by J Dob    (USA)

British Airways for some reason was incapable of seating me next to my husband during our recent 8 hour flight. We made the reservation many months ago, attempted several times to select seats and were told we could not do so in advance, but needed to wait until we got to the airport. This was our first time flying with them, and every other airline we have ever flown has allowed us to sit together. It is usually assumed that if we are married, and making the reservation together at the same time using one credit card, and paying a lot for the trip, that we actually want to sit next to each other. When we tried to change our seats to be together, all representatives said being separated was typical. Which is strange, because then you have a plane full of families that have been physically separated for no apparent reason. While it's always fun to meet new strangers, we will not be flying with British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Worcester David    (UK)

LCA-LHR in Club Europe. Decided to check a bag in to see how T5 baggage arrivals performed. Pleasant check-in experience. Security marred by a family carrying unrevealed bottles and liquids that was a field day for the security staff and simply a pain for the rest of us queuing behind them. The Cyprus airways lounge whilst much better than its predecessor is still third rate, with a poor selection of food and wine and on this occasion, overcrowded. Wandered to the gate in good time for boarding to be confronted by a flotilla of wheelchair-bound passengers, all of whom get ultra priority boarding. So boarding took longer, despite the fact that whilst Business class was almost full, economy wasn't. On-board service was ok. Hot towels, no menus, drinks and a 3 course meal, salad, main, dessert or cheese, but somehow the service was not as impressive as my outbound. Queue longer to get through the e-passport channel than the regular immigration route, but at least arriving in the baggage hall, our bag was on the carousel. All in all a satisfactory flight.

British Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by M McDermott    (UK)

Travelled First Class - RUH to EDI via LHR. Stress-free, luxurious and totally pleasant experience. The cabin crew were well-turned out, friendly and welcoming and they maintained a quiet professional air that reassured me as I'm not the most confident flyer.

British Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by C Down    (UK)

LHR-HKG, B777, Club World. I was lucky enough to book a window seat at the back of the club world cabin which meant that I had direct aisle access without stepping over someone else's feet, or them mine, and my meals did not need to be passed over the person next to me. I found the seat very comfortable, and while it is slightly narrower than others it has a lot of flexibility with the foot stool and the reclining options. The backward/forward facing seats is not ideal, although did not upset me as much as others. As I was travelling with a friend, the potentially awkward intimacy was not an issue. IFE was excellent with a large, good quality screen and an extensive library of films and TV. Food was fairly disappointing, possibly hindered by an hour delay on departure, although really they should be resilient to that. Drinks and service were both very good, British Airways offer a very efficient and professional service although it is not always overtly friendly. Personally I like this, but it could be seen as a negative depending on peoples expectations. Galleries Lounge in LHR T5 was excellent. Peaceful and comfortable with a good selection of drinks and reasonable food. Overall it was a solid product, and one which I look forward to flying again. BA do need to improve their catering on board in order to compete better with other airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Balaji Krishnamoorthy    (UK)

London to Istanbul and return - Economy Class. The seats were leather and comfortable, staff polite beautiful service. Food was delicious and the Drinks served was nice. I always liked BA's wine selection and they proved it again. There were no individual TV's but they did play a movie on both the flights, so that killed time. Boeing 767 flight have enough leg space. A happy on time flight with good service. Always satisfied with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by L Cameron-Lewis    (Canada)

Check-in in Toronto was OK, no fast track was apparent, although it was purportedly offered. Lounge in YYZ was nice, pre-flight dinner was just about OK, with modest quality wines offered. Chose an Aisle seat YYZ-LHR, bad idea. Seats are incredibly narrow, not quite wide enough for my shoulders. Tried to sleep, but not possible with in-flight staff constantly leaning across me, lowering the partition and speaking to the Window Seat passenger, who appeared to be a BA staff member who was determined to drink all night. Didn't eat dinner, but breakfast was adequate. Decided on a window seat for the return LHR-YYZ. Bad idea again! Very claustrophobic. During the entire flight I managed to get one small glass of champagne, it was very good. Thereafter, no matter how many times I pressed my call button, no one came, thus nothing more to drink, other than a glass of red wine with my dinner. No offers of cognac or liqueurs. Dinner ingredients were clearly good and well chosen, but everything was so overcooked, it was inedible. When I say over-cooked I mean grey vegetables that disintegrated on your fork and meat that was so dry and stringy that it was actually really unpleasant. Hadn't flown BA for a number of years, and being a Brit, thought it would be a pleasant change from Air Canada on this route. It was a change, but not a pleasant one. It's back to AC for me. Their business class is way better than this experience. Perhaps I was just unfortunate. On the plus side, the aircraft was immaculately clean, clearly quite new, and the inbound flight was spot on time.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by J Rodder    (UK)

London City to Florence. LCY is a great, stress free airport. On time flight, great crew and a really good economy service. We expected the usual BA biscuit or snack but were served a tasty couscous and chicken salad with dessert with plenty of drinks. BA offers a good product from LCY.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Business    (Thailand)

HKG-LHR-Bergen: Stockholm-LHR-HKG - A380 on long haul/A319 for short haul. I always like the forward Club cabin on BA's A380 Upper Deck despite the 7-across seating making it seem a bit cramped. Short delay to outward sector due to technical problems some of which had not been ironed out on take off. The screen dividers, IFE and then the seat reclines had problems and required resetting. It was an hour before these were sorted out. My main concern on long-haul is merely sleep. The Qantas lounge in HKG is excellent and so no need to have dinner in flight. Also skipped breakfast as there is an excellent one in the Arrivals lounge. With BA having cancelled the morning flight to Bergen about 5 months after I booked my ticket, I was stuck with a lengthy 12-hour connection. En route to Bergen, the service for just 10 Club passengers was poor - way below expectations. With only 12 meals boarded of which 6 were a fish curry that no-one wanted (curry on a Norway flight?), 4 of us were stuck with sandwiches from the back. No tea or coffee service unless specifically requested. Return to LHR from Stockholm was a huge improvement. Friendly service, quick drinks service and tasty lunch. Slept most of the way back to HKG again deciding not to eat or watch any IFE. In that respect, the flight was excellent.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by John Geoffrey Pierson    (USA)

NBO-LHR, Club world and LHR-BOS in economy: generally a pleasant and comfortable experience. I have difficulty reconciling our positive experiences with the negative comments about flight attendants in other posts here. As we boarded in Nairobi, the purser welcomed us by name and said how pleased they were to have us back again on BA. Before take-off from London, a flight attendant offered the third person in our row a different seat, leaving my wife and me with a vacant seat between us. In all cases, attendants were helpful, cheerful and efficient. Obviously in Club World staff have more time to spend with passengers. With the exception of the late night dinner out of Nairobi, we were impressed with the meal selection and quality. Flights were on time; checked baggage arrived in good condition. Agree that having to pay to reserve seats (if you are not of sufficient One World status) is disappointing. Generally, we remain very pleased with British Air, certainly the best One World option to Europe and beyond from Boston.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Ronca David    (USA)

Can't say anything negative about British Air. Our flight was cancelled in Philadelphia due to mechanical problems. They put us up in a quality hotel, gave us meal vouchers and kept us informed of the flight status, gave us an extra day at the hotel since it was a late flight. I missed my connection to Dubai had to wait at Heathrow for 6 hrs. Missed 2 days of work, but can't get angry they did all they could and would fly BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by G Arnold    (UK)

I had not flown BA long-haul for over 30 years before this flight. I flew YVR-LHR as the final sector of a round- the-world trip, and I have to say I will not be in a hurry to repeat the experience. The 747-436 looked tired and ready for a refit or the breakers yard. The seat was the most uncomfortable economy seat I have ever sat in, despite the headrest 'wings' which are a nice feature. The lower part of the seat backs are fibre, not hard plastic, enabling the passenger behind to put their knees into the small of your back. this happened frequently throughout our bumpy flight. The cabin service was lacklustre and the breakfast unappetizing. Its a shame that our national carrier has such a mediocre product, compared with Emirates or Air NZ. If I was a teacher, I would mark BA as 'can do better'.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by D Jover    (Australia)

Recently flew with British Airways on Europe trip. One of our flights was delayed due to fog in London so we missed our connecting flight to Paris. Had to stand in a queue for over three hours waiting to be reallocated another flight. Only 3 staff serving 200 people. Not even water was offered to people waiting in this long queue. Awful customer service, would not recommend to anyone.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Alan Mackenzie    (Denmark)

CPH-LHR-CPH, October 2014. Air travel just keeps getting better. The latest boon on BA is the mobile phone boarding pass app. Wonderful. No more searching for a printer, making life so much easier. Well done BA!

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by D Thomas    (UK)

Rating 2/10

On past experience, I chose BA for our long haul return flight to South America from the UK. Not until I got to the payment stage did I realise that of the 4 flights only one short flight to Madrid was actually on a BA plane. The others were with Iberia Airways. I understand that flight operators have to partner with other agencies, but you would expect then that they would adhere to standards expected of the original operator. Standards were very poor. No inflight entertainment on a 12 and 13 hour flight. Poor food and on the last leg of the journey, we were even expected to pay for our food. What is this a budget airline at full blown prices? Again on this last leg, the toilets weren't flushing! So at oyr destination they were almost full. My advice would be check who you're actually flying with.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Gordon Wheeler    (UK)

Just completed a return trip to Hong Kong on the A380 which is a magnificent aircraft. The crew, food and inflight entertainment were good. We travelled economy and paid an extra £140 to reserve 2 seats on the upper deck. We found the seats uncomfortable and when the person in front reclined their seat you were trapped. Leg room was restricted by the video box. We were sat 2 rows from the toilet which were nearly constantly in use and the noise from the toilet flush was an irritating. The inflight entertainment just kept me sane as I found it impossible to be comfortable.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by G Brown    (Australia)

First time with BA (a code share flight for JAL). Travelled NRT-LHR and return (BA5/BA6) on B777 in CW. Seats are designed in an S shape. This means that half the passengers fly backwards! Seats lie flat but a foot rest has to released from the wall to put your feet/legs on. Width of seats is poor and I found the seating cramped. Service was excellent both ways, food good with plenty of drinks and snacks on offer. Very hard to get to storage bin to put your stuff into. One small gripe, a 12 hour flight needs more than one meal and a light "breakfast". Lounge in Narita good standard, but in Heathrow very basic.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Mun Keat David    (Singapore)

BA16, Singapore to London. B777 World Traveller cabin. One of the most comfortable economy class flights I have had despite the fact the seating was on the more cramped side. The ambience of the cabin was very calming and soothing and the service from the young crew members enthusiastic, pleasant and courteous. Managed to sleep 6 hours, made the 13 hour shorter. Food was delicious and water runs in between meals very helpful to keep us hydrated. Compared to Air France which is self service, appreciated that BA crew does the water runs. One complaint is the entertainment system which featured touch screen did not work on my seat but small matter. Overall a very relaxing soothing pleasant smooth flight made the 13 hours fly by quickly. This is my new favorite airline to London and offers great value for money compared to Singapore Airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Worcester David    (UK)

LHR-LCA in Club Europe. The First class lounge at T5 was fairly busy but we managed to get a table in the dining area for a late breakfast. My eggs benedict was a poor second to my friends self serve full English. We boarded straight away and magazines, hot towels and menus were offered before push back. Drinks and nuts were served before lunch. The crew serving the right hand aisle were excellent. Band 4 meal consisting of a salad, choice of 2 mains and cheese or dessert. My chicken supreme was excellent, served with gnocchi. Drinks refills always at hand. An excellent flight. Well done BA.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Sears    (UK)

LHR – LAX, Club World, A380 return a week later LAX-LHR on 773 in First. Outbound left almost on time, excellent considering a full large aircraft. Food and drinks service speedy, an improvement on a year ago when the A380 entered service and lunch took 3 hours start to end! Opted for lower deck front row middle two seats -perfect for friends, not so much for strangers. Prefer lower deck on outbound due to the middle seats and high ceilings / wide aisles. Feels very spacious. Arrival at LAX improved and staff were very pro active in splitting ESTA and non and passengers and getting people through as quickly as possible. Return flight outstanding. First lounge not yet open, however used Business Lounge and was quiet with excellent service. Priority boarding and walked to seat. CSM introduced himself and explained that only 8 out 14 seats booked (rarity on this route) and as such had two seats each! Middle seats for dining and sleeping, then moved back to windows for breakfast and landing. Food and service very attentive – never a wait for anything, had to start turning down drinks. Washbags had not been loaded at Heathrow and sleeping suit size not available, but given Club washbag and as a gesture the crew gave a bottle of Grand Siecle to take away – worth far more than a couple of wash bags! Could not fault the three cabin crew serving, landed on time and bags were at carousel before us. Can't wait to fly First to Singapore next year and compare the A380 service.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

SFO-LHR-DXB and return DXB-LHR-DEN outbound in premium economy, return in business. Positives were all flights on time and crews were overall great on all sectors. Was able to upgrade return at check in at DXB for about $1000 which I thought was worth it. I was not too impressed with WTP product - I still had to pay to get assigned seats which is ridiculous when you are paying extra anyway. The 747 the product looks old and tired. Menu is the same as economy even though they advertise that catering includes a business class entree. Catering out of LHR was absolutely atrocious - almost like a TV dinner which is strange as this is their main hub. Return in Club world was a decent product. Lounge had hot breakfast and was quite big and food onboard was reasonable. Second meal service (high tea) was a joke with pre-packaged sandwiches - not too classy. Overall an okay experience but leagues behind EK/SQ/CX. Not sure when European airlines, when, if ever will catch up.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Eric Martin    (France)

Flew with my wife LHR-JNB, BA055 on an A380, October 31st and back JNB-LHR, BA056, November 15th in Business Class. British Airways has invented "High Density Business Class" or "Sardines Business Class". 8 abreast on the main deck and 7 abreast on the upper deck, this cabin configuration is very strange. To be fair, the seat itself is comfortable enough to be able to sleep, but it is so narrow that you have almost nothing to store any belongings. You are facing your neighbour, and if you seat on a middle seat, the access to the aisle is not easy at all. You have no view outside except if you have a window seat. You have the impression of flying in a submarine! On the other hand, if you are a little bit claustrophobic, fly the competitors. The IFE is OK, the screen is large enough, but the film selection is under average. The service is good, food and beverage OK. To summarize, as long as BA proposes (very) attractive fare (that was the case) I will fly again BA, if not, I will fly the competitors.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by R Schroeder    (UK)

LHR-MAD, Club Europe, A320, Seat 2A, 15.25 hrs departure: Newly refurbished cabin looked very classy in dark brown leather. Crew was excellent was start to finish. However, those new seats are a catastrophe. There is not enough leg room, they hardly recline and it's not possible work on a laptop. That's in Business Class. It is just like Easyjet seating, but with a business fare price tag. Food consisted of some finger sandwiches and a scone with jam. Really? The flight gets in just before 19.00 hrs local time. Wouldn't a light dinner be more appropriate? Terrible, disappointing experience. These new seats have to go and food must improve.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Kari Strouse    (USA)

MIA-LHR-BKK round trip, club world, three 777 and one 747. Check-in wait time is short for all flights. Fast pass through passport control and or security at Heathrow and Bangkok a big time-saver. Priority boarding smooth and relatively fast. Miami lounge shared with other airlines but excellent selection of comfortable seating, food and drink. Heathrow lounges food offerings lacking. Small Bangkok lounge serviceable but Wi-Fi was down. Cabin service in general good with fairly attentive staff. I did however receive an unprofessional and snide comment about ordering a fourth Kir Royale on my last leg despite the fact that there were six hours left in the flight and I was not showing any signs of drunkenness. I did not pay $8500 to be insulted by cabin crew. Food over the four flights was inconsistent ranging from tasty to inedible. IFE showed the same movies on all four flights despite the fact that I flew in two different markets and my return was a full month after outbound flight. As I am only 5'3" tall the seat was more than adequate though I could see how taller people would have a problem with it. Also I find it ridiculous that you must pay to choose your seat more than 24 hours before flight. Aisle seats are preferable as those on the inside must climb over the feet of the aisle passenger to get out into the aisle. Good overall experience except for a few pointed gaffes. On the fence as to whether the price is worth it.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Hemsley Paul    (UK)

Dallas Fort Worth, Texas to London Heathrow, BA 192, 7th November 2014. Economy yes but rude staff, poor food, and uncomfortable seats. I travel with many airlines and used to enjoy BA, so what's gone wrong.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Teoh    (Australia)

LHR-VIE in Club Europe on A320. Plane was an ex-BMI aircraft so it still had the old seats, which are wider than the refurbished aircraft. Aircraft was clean and well-maintained. Good amount of legroom in row 1. Priority boarding honoured. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Seat was comfortable. On-board catering reasonably good with champagne offered. Flight was on time. Luggage delivered with priority. No IFE offered. Happy to fly with BA again if price remains competitive.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Paesen Yves    (Belgium)

AMS-LHR-JNB,JNB-LHR-AMS, all flights on time, very clean and new aircraft, staff very friendly and nice food. LHR- JNB flights on A380, fantastic aircraft, inflight entertainment very good with music and movies. I would fly British Airways definitely again.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D Nolan    (Ireland)

Travelled to and from India recently in Club World. Outbound to Hyderabad and return from Mumbai. Outbound we had the 787 which is a nice plane to travel on when in Club World. It was definitely helped by the fact that the cabin was only 40% full. I was surprised that they had only loaded one of the cold options as a main meal. Not what you would expect from a full service airline. On the return from Mumbai, flew on a 777 which is showing its age. The crew were very distant and far from warm. The hot dish for breakfast (a frittata) was tasteless and given that this was the main meal for the flight (due to time of departure) was disappointing. I agree with previous reports that the more experienced crew are more distant and lacking in customer service when compared with the newer crew. Based on my flying experience over the past few years, I would prefer to fly with the mixed fleet crew. They are definitely more approachable. Overall, flights were fine and on time. The above demonstrates failures in service levels which once again confirms that all of the 'enhancements' being introduced by BA are going in one direction, the wrong one!

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by John Geoffrey Pierson    (USA)

LHR to DXB on November 6, an overnight relatively short flight. Departing at 9:45 pm. Crew managed to serve dinner in record time, leaving maximum hours for sleep. Wine selection limited but of good quality. Dinner was fine - interesting first of meze, followed by a lamb that withstood the long transition from preparation to plate. An excellent experience in total.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Patel Niri    (UK)

52b on upper deck to LAX and 51b back from LAX to LHR. Food on flights is ok and you are best advised to order a veggie meal in advance if you don't eat meat. Seats are better on the A380 in club than on other aircraft where they are not as new or comfy. IFE is fine, though not as extensive as Emirates. I like that the announcements are kept to a minimum. The washroom on this side of the aircraft is huge - perfect for changing.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Hill    (UK)

San Francisco to London Heathrow in August - appalling. I flew to LAX on the A380 which was ok but flying back on the BA 747 was a truly forgettable experience. It was in such poor shape and the staff were hopeless. The inflight entertainment was virtually non existant and seating was cramped. I flew the next day onto Hong Kong with Cathay which is head and shoulders above BA. For the amount it costs, there are so many better alternatives.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D von Bergen    (UK)

I travel to and from Singapore on BA in Club world most months, but this was my first time on the A380 for this trip. On the whole - their staff on the ground are polite and well informed. Positives for this flight - good lounge in Singapore - the food has improved, but it can be crowded. Club class cabins seem fairly spacious - (I was upstairs) but not as good as the 747. Excellent bathrooms - really spacious. One member of the flight crew was excellent and worthy of a gold star for maintaining good humour and excellent service Larger film selection than on the 747 Negatives - The food - awful - they've reduced the menu choices and the beef was inedible. Staff - apart from the member of the flight crew above the others were surly, and uncaring - they are the face of the airline and could be so much better. I will fly with them again but would like the staff to be pushed on politeness and courtesy.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Paul Wilson    (UK)

London Heathrow to Zagreb return in economy. Used the BA app to check in at both airports. Both flights on time. I found the crew were friendly and got the job done. They appeared to enjoy their work. The flight back from Zagreb was almost completely full - but the crew were good and ensured that everyone was catered for.

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by K McCarthy    (UK)

I had a very poor experience with BA from Jo'burg to London was cancelled. We were kept on the tarmac for four hours with very little information, and eventually told there was a technical fault so we would not be flying for another 24 hours. I needed to call my workplace to arrange work cover but the cabin staff said there was no BA phone I could use. Passengers had to go back through immigration in the middle of the night, there was chaos around the baggage reclaim and a real lack of information from ground staff who appeared to have little direction on what to do. We were eventually taken at 4 am to a hotel where the hotel staff were unable to cope with the numbers needing rooms - families were separated. BA did not publicise the right of all passengers to EU compensation but I knew about this so did apply and receive the legally required amount promptly. All in all this was a hugely disappointing and frustrating experience from an airline that had previously been my preferred airline and I would no longer recommend BA.

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by J Crane    (UK)

Flew MCT to LHR on 1 Nov 14. Staff at Muscat were excellent, and could not have been more helpful to my wife (who is a wheelchair user). Catering on the flight was awful. Food was inedible, and we were only served two drinks over an 11hr flight. On arrival, the staff seemed to not know that she was a wheelchair user (despite having assistance booked in advance) which meant a stressful wait on the plane while here wheelchair was found and a lift ordered. We flew out on Oman air that was faster, cheaper, more comfortable, had decent food and better informed staff.

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LAX/LHR. The flight started badly with the lounge facilities (or lack of) at LAX. There is no First Class lounge anymore – and worst still its a communal Business/First facility shared by BA, Qantas and Cathay Pacific. Two hours before my flight it was a zoo. Rammed with around 300 passengers from 3 flights. The food and beverages was to a very high standard. There was no separated boarding lines for First passengers. Flight left on time and dinner was an ordinary affair. A poached salmon starter was neither here or there. Luke warm soup. A rather nice, but not exceptional Italian style chicken dish. All served with cheap canteen style cutlery - long gone is the nice silver-plated cutlery they used to offer. Wines were fine. Turn down bed service reminded me of why I don't like the new BA First class seat. The silliest aspect has to be that you either have a seat or a bed – and no adjustable foot rest. In bed mode and mainly thanks to the design of the centre console housing the table - the bed is to narrow. I am 6 4” tall and not overweight. It's very awkward and uncomfortable. BA in old first I am sure use to give you a foldable mattress – now they don't. You get a thin duvet. This makes the bed incredible hard; and during turbulence its a hard, uncomfortable to ride. I don't think I slept more than an hour in the whole flight. The tight confines of the compartment means you have to be a gymnast to get in and out when in bed mode. This fare is sometimes as much as £7,000 – one way and it's not worth it. What amazes me in the competitive world that BA operate is that they don't seem to look at the competition. They trumpet they are the best and yet they are not. Mind you on the LAX route the only alternative is AA – and they have little ideas on quality in First Class. When I look at what SIA, Emirates (the best in my view) and Etihad offer BA do not come close. BA often charge more than anyone else for a frequently inferior product. In fact over the last ten years the prices have sky-rocketed and the quality and standards have sky rocketed as well - downwards!

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by D Turner    (UK)

Just flew to and from New York JFK with BA, flight out was great, modern plane, comfy seats and cabin crew who seemed to enjoy their jobs. Unfortunately the flight back was very different, old tired jumbo plane, poor seating, poor in-flight entertainment and some members of the cabin crew clearly couldn't be bothered and everything seemed to be too much trouble. Plane was far too hot on the way back and despite lots of passenger requests for them to turn the air-con on, nothing seemed to change and it was a long 6hrs. Have flown long haul with Virgin and Cathay Pacific and these were much better on all fronts, would only consider BA in the future if it was the only option available or half the price of the other carriers!

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Paul Karagounis    (Spain)

Kingston - London Gatwick in club world. Check in and fast track very efficient without any delays. Lounge surprisingly good, comfortable with a reasonable selection of food and drinks inclusive of sushi rolls and bar service with cocktails and champagne. It must be on of the best lounges in West Indies. Priority boarding excellent. Business class passengers are escorted to the gate. Entering the plane and during the entire flight greeted and addressed by name. Staff very efficient, friendly and smiling - willing to assist during the entire overnight flight. Relatively new plane with comfortable flat bed seats and a good entertainment system. Good selection of movies. Dinner and breakfast of a good standard and a great selection of spirits, wine and champagne. Child's meal very thoughtfully done. Slept for 6 hours. Flight on time and swift luggage delivery. High standard of service with excellent value for money.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Roger Bowler    (France)

LHR-JNB 15/10. I cannot understand why BA have chosen the seating arrangement in Club World on the new A380 with one seat facing forward and the seat next to you facing backwards so as to be facing your neighbour. Food reasonable and service OK but not overly attentive. Return flight in Premium Economy, seats not as comfortable as in the 767.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew BA to Munich. Quick check-in, good boarding, sandwich wasn't the best 'evening meal' I have ever had but adequate on a short flight. Good crew. Exemplary crew on return flight. Nice airbus with comfy leather seats. Both flights on time/slightly early.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Desai Naveen    (USA)

Worst experience from Bangalore to Heathrow - delayed and connecting flight from LHR to San Diego was missed. They put us on a flight to Chicago with seats in the middle of Premium Economy. We had booked bassinet seats on our missed flight. Chicago to San Diego on United - seats were not together. Overall a pathetic experience. Would never travel with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by George Alba    (USA)

BA 83 from LHR to LAX, first time on Airbus A380-800. Very comfortable, quiet and smooth flight. The aircraft was exceptionally quiet on takeoff. Food and service top notch. Nice to have a free beer and wine with lunch. First time in LHR which I found to be a zoo, but excellent duty free shopping. LAX can also be a zoo but that's to be expected. BA flight crew very professional and courteous. Would fly them again, especially on the A380.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Nuno Luz    (Portugal)

LPT to LHR and back, found the planes new and in good conditions, fantastic crew, always asking if we need something, will fly again with BA for certain.

London Gatwick - Barbados in premium economy. Saturday during half term. Gatwick airport very busy. Check-in in business class counter and fast track very efficient with minimal waiting. BA lounge overcrowded but good breakfast options and plenty of champagne. Priority boarding efficient. Seat comfortable with lots of space and sufficient recline for a day flight. Food from club world menu very tasty (fillet steak), child's meal very good. Plenty of drinks rounds during the flight and staff very pleasant, polite and helpful. Entertaining system ok with reasonably good choice of films. Flight one hour late which meant no queues in Barbados. Overall a very good flight with an incredibly good value for money (tickets were purchased during the BA sale). Thoroughly recommended.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Leong    (USA)

LHR-ZRH. A320 was used on this route. I was not expecting much since the flight was under 2 hours and I was not disappointed. Despite a delay due to traffic at LHR and later around ZRH, the staff handled everything well and were still very warm and welcoming. there wasn't any IFE so I can't rate that.

British Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Ross Kelly    (UAE)

I flew from MIA-LHR-DXB. The 747 like most of their crew is well passed its sell by date. The business cabin is tired and worn, IFE below standard, seats are ok but nothing great. My biggest gripe were the crew on the second leg. We were in upper deck and found them quite inattentive and everything felt like a hassle but the best was to come. My wife and I had a sleep after dinner, when we woke, 2 hours before arrival we decided to have a drink. I pressed the call bell and ordered a baileys and a glass of wine. I was first told that the bar had closed, which was nonsense, after I complained they sent down a supervisor, where a long argument presumed, in which they basically told myself and my wife we were too intoxicated to have anymore drink! The way they spoke to us was both condescending and humiliating and after all of this on clearly seeing we were nowhere near intoxicated they served us another drink. As a seasoned traveler, I have never been spoken to like this before. We flew American in Business on the way to MIA and in stark contrast the business cabin was excellent on the new 777-300 and the crew were only too happy to serve you. BA really need to have a look at themselves, your crew by large seem to have an attitude problem, see the paying passenger as an inconvenience rather they a valued customer. With such choice from Dubai I will never travel BA again. If you want to pay thousands for a worn out badly designed seat, to be insulted by crew who will go out of there way not to serve you, book BA, otherwise do yourself a favour and go with an airline that doesn't employ over unionised staff that take pleasure in being rude to passengers.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

BA268 LAX-LHR seat WT+ on the A380. Check in was quick, as was security and the Oneworld lounge at TBI is pretty good although very crowded. Boarding pretty quick on a packed flight. I found the crew, seating and PTV to be consistent and very good. Flight left more or less on time and landed 30 min early at T5, bags seemed to take ages coming off but a pretty good flight. I don't know what has happened to BA's food offering in WT+ but it has gone down hill recently the 2nd meal wasn't worth serving otherwise good service on a very nice aircraft.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by L Goddard    (UK)

Travelled from Gatwick to Orlando on the 24th October with BA and I was very disappointed. For a full service airline the service was no better than a budget carrier. We were travelling with 3 children in our party of 11 and were seated at the rear of the plane. Both there and back the kids meals had run out by the time they reached us, as had the edible options of adult meals. The cabin was hot, which made for 2 very uncomfortable flights. We had to go and fetch our own complimentary drinks and snacks which my daughter did because she was so hungry - had she not gone we wouldn't even of been aware that they were available. Lesson learned - never fly BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Rob Jones    (UK)

LGW to Cancun - flew with BA in CW. The galleries lounge at Gatwick offers a terrible service - food normally consists of poorly made sandwiches, pasta, and other non discript offerings! Priority boarding was announced for those travelling in CW, unfortunately this was not managed and it just turned into a free for all. The crew were friendly and offered a good service. BA's club product is now very dated and they need to look at ways to improve the comfort and inflight service. The so called CW pantry is laughable, soggy, inedible wraps, pasta served in plastic containers, crisps and small chocolate bars is not acceptable in this day and age. The inflight meal was adequate but not memorable, the afternoon tea was somewhat better but no care went into it's presentation, the sandwiches were left in their plastic wrapping which was disappointing. The return flight was awful, the crew were miserable and clearly didn't want to be there. One member of the crew was very rude to an elderly lady who was clearly having issues adjusting the seat and dared to ask for help. The meal just awful, dry, bland and totally inedible. The breakfast served prior to landing at Gatwick consisted of a bacon roll which was vile, the bread roll was rock hard and should not have been served. Very poor flight which was made worse but a very inattentive and miserable crew.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by A Fitter    (UK)

31.10.14 - LHR to Berlin Tegel. Flight out good, modern plane, clean, food ok and cabin crew good even pleasant. Return 3.11.14 1625hrs from Berlin, horrid. Crew only interested in themselves. Was tossed a cup of coffee and a snack. Staff openly ate the left over food from Business Class in the rear galley. I have complained about this before but clearly BA dont find it unpleasant. The return crew reminded me why I try to avoid BA.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Paul Wylie    (Australia)

"Round-the-World" ticket. JFK-LHR-TXL on 28/29 July 2014. TXL-LHR-MAN on 2 August 2014. All flights on time. Great service from cabin crews. Meals and drinks absolutely fine - no complaints at all. Lovely lounge at TXL, small but more than made up for by the local staff in the lounge. Check in at TXL was a bit chaotic as there is hardly any space for waiting passengers. NCE-LHR on 30 August 2014. Flight left late, missed landing slot and had to circle resulting in a missed connection at LHR to DXB. LHR-DXB on 31 August 2014. BA ground service was exemplary. Re- booked us on next day's flight. We had to stay overnight near LHR - refunded by BA. Baggage did not reach us in DXB until day of departure (not BA's fault), but BA refunded costs of essential replacement clothing. Flight was great, ditto service from cabin crew. One member of ground crew at boarding was a bit 'short' with us but he had been given a rough time by a couple of recalcitrant Y passengers trying to board with F and J passengers. Overall very satisfied with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by N Harvey    (UK)

Sunday 2/11 Dublin to Heathrow. Flight arrived late and departed even later due to the absolutely ridiculous length of time it took to board people. Finally got to my seat to discover a young girl with two kids occupying it. Shifted them out the way and continued. Had to help this girl with the seat belt for the child as no one seemed to have explained to her what to do. Flight was late so had to run out of terminal 5 which is no mean feat. If you are not in a rush use British Airways otherwise pick another airline.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Rob Jones    (UK)

Flew LGW-ACE-LHR. Arrived at Gatwick and was greeted at the check in counter by a friendly member of BA ground staff, our bags were taken and we proceeded toward fast track security, this was effortless and after a few minutes we were in the BA galleries lounge. I find that the BA lounge at Gatwick offers a very poor service early in the morning, all you are likely to get food wise is warm toast, pastries and condiments! The flight boarded on time and priority was given to those flying in the premium cabin, I proceeded onto the plane and was greated by the purser who showed me to my seat and took my coat. After take off the inflight service consisted of a hot English breakfast which was very nice followed by tea/coffee - this is an early flight so no other drink service was offered, however the purser did ask each passenger individually if they would like anything from the bar. Very friendly and attentive crew who addressed each passenger by their name which was a nice touch. The return flight to Heathrow was also very good, the lounge at Alicante is typical of those in Spain, rows of uncomfortable seating with inedible food offerings! Again another uneventful boarding process, the purser on this flight was very attentive and spoke to everyone individually, the meal tasted delicious, chicken curry and rice. All in all BA offer a good Club Europe service, they are trying to cut back and this often shows, they need to consider upgrading their product or risk losing out to the likes of Easyjet or Ryanair.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by T Chamberlain    (UK)

London Gatwick to Tampa and return, BA2167 and 2166. Outbound flight departure was delayed for over an hour due to 'technical problems'. 90 minutes late arriving. In flight service to economy poor, very few drinks, people having to go to the galley to get water or juice. Special meal on return awful and inedible. We ordered the same but got a different dish. Didn't eat it. Return flight delayed over an hour due to sick passenger which necessitated return to stand and passenger/ bag offload. Entertainment system unreliable, screen cutting out. Check in staff in Tampa told us we had no seats despite having printed boarding passes! Turned out her computer was on the wrong day! They were good overall and lenient on baggage weight.

British Airways Customer review :  5 November 2014 by E Simeone    (Belgium)

BRU-Toronto-BRU, 1st class. In BRU check in, passport control (very long queues), security fast track and lounge just fine but nothing very special. Security in T5 with extra long queues and very little fast track. Almost none. Lounge in T5 a bliss in all respects. Boarding ok although gate in T5b miles away. Flight itself a disaster, old tatty B747 in need of an urgent revamp. Very used and ran down seats. Cabin full, so crew, although quite experienced, busy, food options were gone fast and service not that great as in the past. Ran out of champagne. Food not good at all. Inflight entertainment and videos a bore, with very old titles. Bags not first out. Return again same experience, although a 777, good check in and security fast track - lounge ok with option to dine before flying which I took, in case food was same disaster as flight in. Not full cabin this time, so a little better service although quality is still zero. Again London T5 lounge a breeze and fast and short flight to BRU.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by C Polson    (Australia)

BA 0027 ex London HR to Hong Kong which departed 30/9/14. Hong Kong to London Sector on 17/9/14. Inedible food, lukewarm drinks, cabin staff unsmiling and standard of personal grooming very low, toilets were horrible- no loo paper or hand towels half way through 13 hour flight. It was a relief to get onto Cathay Pacific flight for next stage of my journey. How can two airlines be so different? British Airways is a disgrace.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by V Carrapiett    (UK)

We travelled economy from Manchester to Toronto via Heathrow, The flight from Manchester to Heathrow and return was very good. The seats had plenty of room and it was easy to fit laptop size briefcases under the seat in front and still have room to stretch your legs. The service from the cabin crew was excellent. The leg from Heathrow to Toronto was not as comfortable but it was acceptable. The seats appeared narrower and my case only just fit under the seat leaving little room to stretch my legs. Whilst the cabin crew forgot requests for drinks they apologised and were very friendly and helpful in other aspects. Unfortunately BA were let down by the attendants on the return leg from Toronto to Heathrow. Whilst the aircraft appeared newer and more comfortable I have never experienced such surly behaviour from the cabin crew. We had seen attendants in the opposite aisle offering passengers water from trays they were carrying but the attendants down our aisle did not do this. The lady in the seat next to me asked for a glass of water before take off. The steward was quite off hand and said he would bring her one in a minute. He did not do this and when she asked again she was told in a very rude manner that take off procedures took priority otherwise non of us were going anywhere. Even after take off she had to ask again. When they served dinner my daughter did not want a meal but she asked if she could just have the bottle of water that was served with it. The steward said that if she did not want the meal she could not have the water but that he would bring her some in a glass later. This had not appeared by the time I had finished eating my meal so I gave her the bottle from mine (My daughter has a medical condition that requires her to drink water frequently throughout the day) Shortly before landing we were served a muffin and a drink. The passengers on the other aisle were served about 15 mins earlier and they were handed paper napkins and cutlery whilst, when we were served, we were simply handed the muffin wrapped in cellophane but no plate or napkin to catch the crumbs. I asked for a glass of orange and a tea (as I had not drunk anything on the 6 hour flight). The attendant scowled at me and then gave me half a glass of orange and half a cup of tea (which was cold|) I did not see the attendants down our aisle smile at a customer once throughout the whole journey.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by S Tilton    (UK)

Flight LGW to TFS in Business. Like another reviewer, found the new business cabin to be 'sardine class'. Seats now thin and uncomfortable, especially for a four hour short-haul, narrower and with materially less leg-room than before, the same as economy. Now it is not possible to read a newspaper without turning at an angle to the middle seat, and is impossible to work at a laptop as there is simply not enough room. One wants to like and use BA, but this really is hit wicket in the club cabin. Unusually, in my experience, one of the FAs was rather disinterested in providing the usual club service too.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Ed Warren    (UK)

Flew LGW - MCO 26th October. Was a bit worried about BA after a lot of mixed reviews. Found the whole experience great. We were travelling with a 4 month old and the crew were faultless. So helpful and caring as they could tell we were nervous about disturbing other club world passengers. Food good - fresh and tasty. Entertainment not really used due to entertaining daughter! Left and arrived on time - BA lounge Gatwick fine but thought was a bit small. Bought 2 return flights and baby seat for under £3k in BA sale so good on cost. Well done BA and thank you.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by M J Brust    (USA)

Took BA flight 289 from LHR to PHX 10/27/2014. Very tired 747 with daily service to PHX. Entertainment system wasn't functioning. Only offer was to move to one row from toilets and a complaint card to fill out. Staff just going through the motions. No more BA for me and changing terminals is a nightmare in LHR and will avoid all costs.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by L Channon    (UK)

Went to BKK via Heathrow on 26th October. Was all excited to be flying back to Thailand. I know direct flights are better but longer but thought flying with the UK flag carrier I was going to get a good flight. Well to be honest I was disappointed - I was at least expecting to be able to charge a phone onboard, only to be told only in business class. Most other airlines have this facility in economy. No menus for food and 2 options and same with breakfast. Drinks were limited to soft and only wine and beer. Inflight entertainment was poor at best and was bored witless with films I have seen before or had no interest in. Even the documentaries were all BBC which were ok. Music was equally lacklustre and limited. Only saving grace was the seat I was in and that was the only positive aspect despite the fact there was a baby crying most of the time. Sorry BA. I was expecting a good experience but felt let down and disappointed.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Dhaliwal Amarjit    (UK)

BA275/274, LHR to Las Vegas return in economy. Both ways on 747-400 aircraft, both times aircraft were tired and in need of updating/repairs. On the outbound flight, bits of foam fillers hanging down on bulkhead wall. On return, window blind broken/stuck. Also on both aircraft the IFE needed to be re-booted shortly after take-off and was very ancient compared to other airlines. Both aircraft's were very warm before engine start. The outbound plane cooled down but the return remained uncomfortably warm - opening airvents had little effect. Very rowdy passengers on outbound flight but no action taken by the crew other than to stop serving drinks to the whole cabin for a period. On return flight crew seemed in a hurry to complete dinner service - hardly allowing enough time to eat food before returning to collect trays. Food was good on both flights. Overall the flights were on time and the seats were comfortable (but difficult to get out of if the one in front was reclined). The service was functional but not particularly warm or friendly. It seems BA are either waiting to replace these 747's or have otherwise decided not to invest in the aircraft.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Jamie Fenton    (UK)

Terrible experience flying back from Munich. Flight delayed by several hours which meant arriving back into Heathrow T5 at gone midnight after most of the public transport links had ceased running. Nobody at BA available to help (despite them knowing the flight was several hours late arriving) which resulted in having to sleep at the airport floor overnight. Appalled that BA would do this - it was an unpleasant experience but I coped but what about elderly travellers? To make matters worse there was nobody available as a BA representative at Munich airport during the delay until I complained.

British Airways Customer review :  3 November 2014 by S Flynn    (UK)

BA2706 and BA2707, LGW-BCN. No real issues, pleasant crew and flights on time, but Boeing 737-400 in both directions was clearly very old. Rips in seats, badly worn seat pockets, very noisy aircraft particularly on landing, not the most comfortable seats although leg room is good. Would have preferred a choice of food rather than just a wrap, as this is meant to be a premium airline. Not a bad airline for short-haul really but I have had much better experiences this year with Norwegian and EasyJet, both of which I will now choose over BA when possible until they heavily invest into their short-haul fleet.

British Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by A Thompson    (UK)

Gatwick to Marrakech and back. Bag drop was fast, gate was peaceful, boarding on time and orderly, all staff very pleasant, refreshments good and landed on time. Return almost identical just a little late landing after a technical delay taking off. Well worth paying for a quality airline for a 3 hour flight.

British Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by K Nicol    (UK)

LAX to LHR - 25 Oct 2014. I agree with other reviewers that Business Class on the A380 is too crowded. I am a frequent business traveller to LAX and if I had the choice I would rather be on the upper deck of the 747. The seats and small storage drawer (if you are on the aisle) feel cheap. Service levels seem to be dropping in terms of drinks before dinner (1 instead of 2) and no attention to top up during the meal. My main course of fish was inedible due to being overcooked. The staff seem grumpy about the smaller galley size (can't blame them). We flew First on the outbound to LAX which of course was better, although the cabin feels quite sterile. Considering switching to Virgin.

British Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by A Price    (UK)

Toronto to London Heathrow - 26/10/14. After reading how the 747's are really starting to show their age, I opted to fly this return route on board the new 787 that BA has to offer. The outbound flight in economy a week earlier had been great, food and entertainment was good, staff very pleasant, but it was a bit of a tight squeeze in the seats, I think a 2-3-2 configuration would work a bit better. I arrived at Pearson Airport Terminal 3 booked to return to London in World Traveller Plus. Visited the Premium Plaza Lounge, nice and comfy, but nothing special. Boarding was really rather chaotic, but I was delighted to be upgraded to Business Class at the gate! Seat 3F was a good aisle seat, very comfortable, spacious, plenty of storage space and close to the toilets which I find more useful than bothersome, there was never any queue to use them that could've disturbed me. Cabin crew were superb and attentive, always addressing by name and happy to help with any queries and requests. The drinks service and the quality of the food was excellent, beef tenderloin followed by lemon tart and well presented. Whilst I generally struggle to sleep on flights, I found the flat bed very comfortable indeed, especially with the mood lighting on this night flight. Breakfast, a fruit salad and selection of pastries was again very pleasant to start the morning. On time departure and arrival, from Gate C66 at T5 through border control and luggage collected took just 25 minutes. Overall, highly impressive from British Airways, would absolutely use Club World again.

British Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by L Hunt    (UK)

I have after years of loyalty finally had it with BA. Every flight is late, the catering gets worse and worse and the attitude of the crew has also deteriorated. I have taken 5 flights in 2 months, and every single sector has been late. Even the crew in first class have no idea what "service" means - I have to ask for things 2 or 3 times, I am not offered anything unless I ask, the food is inedible (they tried to serve me a poached egg which I could have played squash with), they ran out of bottled water in a flight out of LHR, I cannot find any flights when I can use my free companion voucher, or use my miles to upgrade. they won't even allow my PA to deal my flights for me. it just seems the rules and attitude of their management has become so far removed from their promise To Fly to Serve.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by S Storer    (Australia)

Flight BA1445 Edinburgh-London code share onto Lisbon. First leg delayed one and a half hours in Edinburgh with no explanation. Arrived at Heathrow and there was no operator available for the airbridge so sat on the plane for 15 minutes. Traveled onto Lisbon on a TAP code share flight and find our luggage had been left at Heathrow. An appalling example of customer service on every front.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Hertz    (Denmark)

LHR-GRU B744 First time with BA, my experience was great. Seat was very good and comfortable with many adjustments. Great dining options, good quality of snacks available throughout the flight. Crew very nice. One thing I did not like was the layout, making it difficult for people in the middle to have aisle access when seat were turned into beds. And staring directly into people's faces when the curtain between seats is down can be awkward. Crew didn't care too much about safety issues like seat reclining and window blinds for takeoff and landing. Entertainment was a bit disappointing, screens were old and blurry, not a big selection.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by K Harrington    (UK)

Travelled to Palma in new BA 'sardine' business class. Uncomfortable seats with Ryanair leg room so knees sticking into passenger in front. Poor service. Despite checking in 90 minutes before departure left 2 bags behind which were not delivered for more than 24 hours later, causing misery. Other passengers also shocked at conditions. If this is the new look business class BA then better off with Easyjet or Ryanair, much cheaper and service could not be much worse.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Smith    (Australia)

We flew London Heathrow to Singapore, business class for the first time with BA and was not impressed - the cabin crew did the bare minimum they could get away with and as for the seating arrangement we just could not get our head around it - thank goodness we changed our seats prior to flight - we sat on the 2 outer seats that were ok though a bit narrow - felt so sorry for the people who sat in the middle seats as they had to face strangers on the take off and landing - we fly long haul on this route 4 times a year and can quite honestly say that after our experience with BA we would not wish to fly with them again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Hertz    (Denmark)

GIG-LHR B773 Newly refurbished cabin. Seats were good and comfortable, food was reasonable and entertainment was great, HD screen with many options.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by E Smyth    (UK)

LHR-DEL. RTN Club World. Excellent service on both sectors and found that middle seats are good for companions. I found the rearward seating disconcerting but was otherwise comfortable. Flight crews were excellent. I would agree with aisle passengers that they must find the need to reach across them at service times irritating.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Garreth Elston    (Canada)

Flew BA from Toronto to New Delhi, via London in Premium Economy class in August. First leg was on a 787, plane was nice but definitely does not have nearly enough toilets on board. Premium Economy passengers have quite a walk to the nearest lavatory (bad, bad design). On board service was very good, staff were great, food was good. Next leg from London to New Delhi was on a 777, much better in my opinion that the Dreamliner, primarily as it has better toilet facilities. Again staff and service were top notch. Our return trip in October was made with our newborn baby. If anything the service was even better than on our first leg. Thankfully we had a 777 on both legs and not the Dreamliner. Staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating, making a fuss about the baby and really always there to help. Again the food and beverage service was very good. The seat reclining buttons were a bit stiff, but other than that the seats were OK, not excellent, but definitely comfortable enough. Considering that I hadn't flown BA for over ten years before these flights (due to bad service) I was really pleasantly surprised by the improved level of service provided by the airline. Yes, being in Premium Economy helped, but I was very satisfied comparing it to Virgin Atlantic's Premium Economy which I have regularly used. Well done BA, you made a trip that we were dreading actually quite a pleasant experience and I'm likely to fly BA again now.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by J Miller    (USA)

Round-trip IAD-LHR in early October and it was one of the best trips I've taken. The seat may be the same size as on US carriers but it felt a lot larger. I was stunned to be served a free cocktail and a free bottle of wine with dinner, which was a totally edible chicken casserole in one direction and a surprisingly good chicken curry in the other direction. I was also pleased to get a blanket and headphones (though I had my own). US carriers don't give squat to economy passengers and I was delighted. Service was the quickest, most efficient I've ever seen on an airplane. Loved the entertainment system. Even the boarding process was seriously well organized, with separate lines and doors for each section of the plane. This was about as painless as it could possibly have been. I will never fly an American carrier to Europe again. I also got a good deal at a little over $700, as fall is a down season.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Cowdrey    (UK)

Arrived at Gatwick to find out that our pre-paid for assigned seats could not be honoured due to an aircraft change. Instead of three rows of seats A and B, we were now slung across a single row, with 4 middle seats and an aisle/window seat, despite having requested and paid for the seat reservations 11 months ago. To make matters worse, Prem Economy passengers had been bumped up to Club World and were enjoying A/B seats - total joke. Food was OK, crew were friendly enough, but I will never travel BA again due to the absolute neglect or consideration for their premium customers. Goodbye BA Executive Club and good riddance BA. How the once mighty have fallen.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Chorney Warren    (Canada)

Flew from London to Calgary. The seats in the new Dreamliner are awful. It was bad enough sitting in the seat but when the person in front of me lowered his seat it became impossible. His seat was right on my legs, that shows how little room there is on these planes. Staff started serving meals, all of a sudden went by about 7 or 8 rows of us and forgot to come back to feed us.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

BA285, LHR-SFO, seat 13a in WT+ on a pretty old 747-400, check in and security at T5 very quick I used the lounge at T5-B which was nice and close to the gate, flight departed and arrived 1hr late. Crew very good the seat PTV and food not the best on this flight. I've used BA a lot over the past 2 years and find them pretty consistent although I've also noticed that service along with seats PTV of course is much nicer on the newer A380s or the 777-300s so it's worth choosing your aircraft. Otherwise ok flight.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by DesBrisay Marlyn    (Canada)

Flight 103 on October 14. We flew from London to Calgary, Alberta - a long cramped ride. It was on the new Dreamliner with very tight seats, the people in front had to raise their seats when lunch was served as the trays hit our stomachs! Service almost non-existent even on a 9 hour trip! Beverages served once and then at dinner the cart with wine got two rows before us (row35) and they quickly returned it to the back as they felt they were late with the coffee, didn't even ask us whether we would like anything. When the coffee did come it was lukewarm. There was not one good thing about our flight. We will never travel British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by M Bockstruck    (USA)

Traveled with British Airways ORD-LHR last month, World Traveller on the way out and Club World on the return. Connected to DSM via American Airlines and could see a marked difference in the level of service as well as the hard product. Flew on a B777 both ways and was impressed with the amount of room both in economy and business. USB ports, 1 in economy and 2 in business and large entertainment screens. The food in economy was better than I have had on domestic (US) first class and the pitch was comfortable for my 6'1" frame. Attentive cabin staff who made sure I was comfortable. Drink service in Club world was excellent, a good Rose, Cointreau and Tanqueray. Lie flat bed fairly comfortable and was able to sleep for 3-4 hours. Due to changes in travel plans I had to pay a change ticket fee, but even with that and the cost to upgrade to Club World I felt that I got more than my money's worth. 1 free checked bag for World Traveller and then 3 free with Club World made navigating the airport a breeze. Will fly British Airways the next chance I get.

British Airways Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Thompson    (UK)

Gatwick to Marrakech and back. Bag drop was fast, premium security slow (not BAs fault). Faultless calm boarding, on time and a great flight with good service and refreshments. Return flight bag drop even better, departure a little late due to a technical problem, the 737s are getting on a bit. Again, great inflight service and only a little late. Bags arrived as we got to the belt. Am very glad we chose BA for a 3 hour flight. Really good.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Suhail Shafi    (USA)

I recently flew on British Airways long haul on a flight from Philadelphia to New Delhi havinh not having travelled with British Airway for around a decade. I had been a huge fan of British Airways in the past and was very curious to see how their inflight product and entertainment had changed in that time. I also was curious to see Heathrow's new Terminal 5. British Airway's overall product has improved in that time. On the first leg from Philadelphia to London, I was very happy to notice the new seats with excellent comfort with adjustable headrests and new Audio Video on Demand (AVOD) entertainment systems. I had been travelling with noise cancelling headphones, which made the experience a thoroughly enjoyable one. Inflight entertainment system is sophisticated, and I enjoyed their World music section in particular. The Asian vegetarian meals was of a high standard, for the most part. My only criticism in this area was that on the second meal (breakfast) we only were served a fruit platter and had to ask for the croissants everyone else were given. In addition, I found the chapatis on the Delhi-London sector to be hard as rocks. Otherwise the meals were very good. Terminal 5 is a gem of an airport, but the true highlight of the journey was on the London-Philadelphia sector when I had the opportunity to fly on the Dreamliner. The plane is a marvel. The windows are huge, dimmable by button too. The bathrooms are larger than usual and the flight was very smooth. Additionally the legroom on the Dreamliner is impressive - an improvement on the B777. And finally, a word about the cabin attendants. Their level of friendliness varies from person to person but for the most part they represent the best traditions of British hospitality - informal politeness. All in all, I was happy with my BA trip and they continue to perform as one of my favourite airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by C Hyomes    (UK)

We have just flown economy class London to Los Angeles on the A380. Outbound the meal was chicken which I do not eat so I was offered an almost inedible pasta dish. No more food was offered until 2 hours before landing, chicken sandwiches, I asked for a replacement, cheese and chutney was offered. I was actually hungry by this time. Return journey was chicken curry replaced by vegetarian lasagne. Breakfast was awful, a cardboard box containing a croissant, jam, cereal bar and a packet of dried cranberries. The service between meals was non existent. By far the worst airline food I have ever eaten. Sorry no British Airways for us.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Shoesmith Michael    (UK)

October 16th, Ibiza to London Heathrow. Well a great service as usual and we actually arrived on time for once, 5 minutes ahead of schedule, that is a miracle for London Heathrow! The only thing about British Airways is that they only do one drinks service, I am sure two is far more appreciative as I know other scheduled airline services do more than one on a 2hr flight. Tea/Coffee only gets offered a poor once. But great flight all in all!

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Richard Hodges    (UK)

LHR-IAD-LHR, 29/9 and return 13/10. We booked our original flights on WTP on the A380 and B777 both fitted with the revamped World Traveller Plus - far more comfortable than the old style WTP with an infinitely better IFE system. So guess how pleased I was when BA changed the aircraft on both flights to the now very aged and decrepit B747's with the old style WTP. The 747's really should be pensioned off and replaced with A380's - they are old, grimy and falling to pieces. Our B747 was filthy. The catering on the way out to Washington was not too bad - a half decent fillet steak. On the way back beef again but nowhere near as nice, and a truly horrible pathetic cold hard croissant and jam that passed for breakfast. Inedible and disgraceful. Good grief, BA, can't you even pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds? The good points: both flights were on time, and the FA's were OK. That's it. This would almost be acceptable except for the final insult - charging for choosing your seat after confirmation of the flight. This is cheap, nickel and dime, low cost airline stuff and not what you should expect from the nation's flag bearing airline. No other major airline that I regularly use does this - not even small ones like Bangkok Airlines or United Express. It is shameful - even our American friends who flew BA back to Chicago were dumbfounded. You expect it on Ryanair or other low cost outfits but this really shouldn't happen on your national airline. I recommend BA but with enormous reservations - try to book on the B777 or A380 and if you don't need to choose your seat before check in you'll be OK.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by E Eriksson    (Norway)

OSL-LHR in Business. BA has over the last few years put less priority on Oslo and SAS today has a better offering. BA is the only flag carrier in Oslo that does not offer fast track security. The Menzies ground staff are doing their best but does not have any authority to help when things go wrong. Particularly the evening flights are very often delayed due to late incoming aircraft from LHR and I have several times been an hour or more delayed and lost intercontinental flights as a result. The de-icing procedure is also much slower than on SAS. The lounge in Oslo is nice but not magnificent. BA has better service in business class than SAS with better food and free middle seat. You do however pay much more than for SAS Plus. The crew was friendly and did their best on my last flight, but seemed badly trained, forgot to serve bread with the meal and spent a lot of time chatting in the galley. One sometimes miss the old well trained BA staff. SAS also very often offer internet access on the London flights which is a plus.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Dave Mcdermott    (UK)

Heathrow to Bergen, Business, no priority boarding bus out to plane which was packed - a bad start. Aircraft cold, slow cabin service and in fact glad to get off. Food was ok ,the cooked English breakfast was nice.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Shailes    (UK)

BA176 JFK to Heathrow 13 October 2014. The outward flight had been so awful so the return surely could not be any worse. How wrong I was. Arrived at business check-in at JFK terminal 7. No staff at desk. Boarding pass printed at machine, but had to wait nearly twenty minutes to check luggage. Agent was rude and unhelpful. Onto the BA lounge. Sagging shabby seats and no food except crisps. On asking the receptionist where the food was, I was told passengers normally use the much advertised "pre-boarding supper" facility. Asked when this opened and was told it was not operating. Eventually, some badly cut sandwiches and lumps of cheese with crackers appeared. No hot food was available. Two hours before departure, the flight was posted as four minutes late. No further information was posted. When I asked for an update thirty minutes before scheduled take-off, I was told there would be an announcement shortly. Eventually a barely audible announcement came that the plane was now boarding. The departures board had not been updated, so premium passengers were forced to shuffle along with those in the main cabin. Onboard, after presenting my boarding pass I was given a grunted down there, with no indication as to which side of the plane I was seated. On reflection, late boarding may have been a blessing. I lost count of the times I was knocked by oversized and heavy hand luggage. Eventually the safety demonstration was played on the IFE system. The sound was inaudible. Surely a safety hazard. Similarly, all announcements from the cockpit went unheard. We took off one hour and fifteen minutes late, with no explanation given for the delay. The wine selection was very limited on the flight, as was the menu, two choices of main course, and only one dessert - I asked if I could have the advertised ice cream snack for desert, to be told there was none on board. Food was barely edible. Service was poor. The cabin crew seemed intent on throwing trays round as fast as possible. My salad was served with desert (which I did not want) on the tray. The main course was overcooked beef near raw vegetables. I was made to feel a nuisance when I asked for a second glass of wine. The narrow seat converted to a narrow and not very comfortable bed. Other carriers provide mattresses and duvets. BA seem to think a tacky blanket will do. The whole service has been downgraded to the standards I would expect in economy class. The nicieties that used to mark business flights have been lost in the pursuit of profit. Given that BA charge far more that their competitors for this route, I was thoroughly disappointed. I will not use any BA flight again if there is an alternative available.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by B Kavanagh    (Australia)

Very impressed with Premium Economy on BA Sydney to Heathrow and return. Nice also, to have an unsolicited upgrade to Business on return, Singapore to Sydney.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Dave Mcdermott    (UK)

A319 Barcelona to Heathrow, Business, no announcements for boarding, so missed any chance of priority boarding. Why pay extra for something you are not going to get! Cabin service slow - over an hour until meal served, had to ask for another drink as only 1 small bottle given. They also ran out of the main choice meal and the cabin was not full, had second choice meal and this was cold. To Fly to Serve - I think not. Terrible service for an airline that is supposed to pride itself on service.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Shailes    (UK)

BA213 Heathrow to Boston 29/09/14 B747. There was nothing at all to commend this flight. I have had better comfort and service on low cost carriers. The seats must be the narrowest in class for any major airline. The business lounge at Heathrow is not well signed, and awkwardly placed at the top of escalators. At 0830 in the morning, the tables were overflowing with used crockery and waste food. When staff did appear, they did a very cursory clearing job. Never once in two hours, did I see any of the sticky tables being wiped down. On boarding, I was neither shown to my seat, nor addressed by name, as I have been on other airlines. When I asked for assistance in putting my hand luggage in the overhead locker - I was told in no uncertain terms, staff were not allowed to help. Again I have always had help on business flights on other airlines. In the air, the level of discomfort rose as those in the inside seats were forced to jump over my out stretched legs and cabin staff leant over me to serve the inside seats. The level of service could not remotely be considered acceptable for the price paid. Add in poor food and IFE, and decision to avoid BA flights in future was made for me.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by K Lee    (Trinidad)

I fly the POS to LGW route on a fairly regular basis and the punctuality of the flight is bad. I suffered two 6 hour delays within 5 weeks on this route. The air steward wasn't friendly at all and was borderline aggressive when asking passengers to take a seat when the fasten seatbelt sign was switched on. The inflight entertainment needs updating. The screens are small and the resolution low. The seats were not comfortable either and you can feel every movement of the passenger which is sat behind you whenever they reached for something in the seat pocket.

British Airways Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Andrew Duff    (UK)

LGW-AGP and back. 737-400s on both journeys. These aircraft are looking very tatty now - seats worn, cabins grimy and dingy. The 'food' was a soggy half-wrap with a filling-free miniature roll - it was unacceptable on a 2hr45m flight. No choice offered by the cabin crew even though they had 3 options. The claim that their food offering is appropriate to the time of day is hogwash - we were served exactly the same thing at 10.30am on the outbound flight as at midnight on the return. Although we benefited from it on this trip, BA need to change their hand luggage policy. There simply isn't space for 150+ passengers to bring 2 bags, which caused a lot of angst particularly on the return trip (both flights were completely full). On the upside, both flights were on time and the crews were friendly - the return crew dealt well with a potentially disruptive family group.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by John Ritchie    (UK)

Aberdeen-Heathrow-Miami and return World Traveller Plus (premium economy). Received a text from BA at 0600 that our 09:30 ABZ-LHR flight had been cancelled which would impact upon the US flight. Phoned the helpline as suggested. Utterly useless options provided by their staff which was weighted towards a ticket refund - no use for a family holiday. Made unsuitable suggestions including can you get to Aberdeen for the 7:30 flight (it was 7am and had now spent 1hr on phone to them). Gave up and just went to the airport. Fortunately BA staff there were excellent and got me on next flight to Heathrow despite breaching their own min of 1 hour requirement for connections. Flight to London was good, with good service, leather seats. Cabin crew facilitated us getting off plane first and BA staff member met us to get us to next gate ASAP for Miami flight. Service centre useless but face to face staff great. LHR-MIA flight. Aircraft, a 747, was old and tatty and WT+ seats were rubbish in comparison to Virgin product that I have experienced. Not that comfortable. Seat back TV is same as economy namely 4" across, tiny but selection was ok, and seats are fabric and didn't seem that much better than economy. Food (beef) was outstanding for aircraft food. Staff were pretty good. Aircraft on time. Return journey much the same but staff were better. Conclusion is that face to face staff great, food great. But needs a modern fleet - our 747 was really aged and their world traveller plus product needs work, with hindsight probably would have just travelled economy as leg room wasn't that much more. If you take a iPad to watch movies and are not tall economy would do the job. Their helpline needs to be addressed. Clue being in the title - HELPline. Would fly BA again but would think about their WT+ option carefully.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by D Martin    (UK)

LHR-DEN, DEN-LHR - always use upper class in VA when I can. This flight reminded me of just why I rarely fly BA. Most of the crew were disinterested. I raised a couple of points but I was told I was wrong both times. Asked for another glass of wine twice with my main, the stewardess forgot and denied that I had even asked for one. Food going out was pretty good, but coming home just awful. I for one can just not get my head round the seat formation. You stare at some stranger on take off and landing, food and drinks for passengers on the inner seats are pushed in front of your face.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by James williams    (UK)

I flew one way MCO-LGW, 6th October, the service, aircraft and overall product was so below standards and expectations British Airways has lost a customer for life. I requested assistance due to illness which I couldn't have at Orlando airport just the priority lane to help me not wait? When boarding they wouldn't let me board without checking with three people just because I was young and didn't appear to need assistance. After this I could barely make it to my seat without difficulty breathing, the crew just leant against the bulkhead and couldn't even ask if I was ok. The drinks took in excess of an hour with a lot of in and out of the galleys with no progress. The meal service took even longer and seemed disorganised, no choice by the time they got to me. The 2nd meal was a freezing cold croissant hardly edible. Why do they need to be chilled? Room temp would make them a bit better. The head rest was hanging off its housing when I boarded no attempt to fix by ground staff or reseat me into a working seat. The IFE screen was so tiny and had squares on it from the old fashioned touch screen technology definitely behind both Virgin and Thomson on this route. When I got to Gatwick the ground staff were just as awkward in providing me with assistance - if you don't look old then you shouldn't need assistance. Never again BA.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Rita Mullen    (UK)

First class flight from Toronto on Monday 6th October. The cabin crew were first class, food was very good. Smooth flight, great takeoff and landing. Would recommend flying with British Airways.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by P Oliver    (UK)

LGW to CMB via MLE and return, Sept/Oct 2014. As a British Citizen, you desperately want to like BA, but they do make it very difficult to do so. The recent documentary "A Very British Airline" whetted our appetite that perhaps a commitment to service may have returned to BA, particularly in the long-haul premium cabins. Sadly, on all the legs, the cabin service was totally indifferent without any effort to do more than the bare minimum. Attendants chewing gum, no smiles, everything was all too much effort. The only time the crew showed any animation was when talking to each other. Adequate is about the best description but it could have been so much better without any cost except a bit of effort.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Kathleen Kirby    (UK)

Flew from LGW to Catania. Lounge at Gatwick was good and staff very attentive, no lounge at Catania airport and given vouchers instead which we got a rotten cup of coffee from the BA approved cafe next to the non Schengen passport control. Flights both ways were good and we liked the Pilot pointing out Lake Geneva and telling us about our route so nicely. The return flight back to LGW, the Captain was hard to hear, and wasn't so interesting. That aside, on both journeys, we felt well looked after, with charming FAs. The food was also good too, and we landed on time. Baggage came very quickly at LGW, but at Catania airport it was a bit of a carnival! I'm afraid Catania airport is the worst airport I've been through, but there you go! I think it is one of the joys of travelling.

British Airways Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Guillaume Christian    (St. Lucia)

St Lucia to London round trip. Full flight both ways, quite unhappy staff on return leg, tiny seatback screens and poor selection of entertainment, meals satisfactory (taste was ok and enough to fill me up, both legs on time but was quite expensive for the service I got. Would fly them again if they are the cheaper option.

British Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

LHR-MXP-LHR 6th October. check-in/bag drop at LHR pretty slow again - used lounge T5 South which I always like. A320 out which appeared new - a full flight of around 1.5hrs with a sandwich and drink served. Crew very nice and we arrived slightly early. Return check-in quick and then a long walk to the lounge which was shared with 5 or 6 airlines - OK not much food but pretty quiet and nice place to wait for flight. A319 on return full, again crew very nice the same sandwich and drinks served - arrived back at T5 on time, no bags so out within 20 min.

British Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by D Rahmatallah    (UK)

777-200 4-class, refitted with the new World Traveller and WT Plus cabins. LHR-DEL-LHR. Very disappointed. On the outbound flight, the food choice was gone before they reached the 4th row of the economy cabin, meaning that myself and the rest of the cabin had to have the second choice meal - second choice for good reason. It was a truly unpleasant tray of food. The real issue is the introduction of possibly the largest entertainment equipment box in the floor space I have ever seen. It literally takes up half of the floor, and prevents you from stretching both legs out. I don't know if this is exclusive to the refitted B777's, but it is certainly a side effect of the new IFE, and isn't there on the the older cabins. The box seems to be under every window seat on both sides of the cabin. I really don't understand what the cabin designers were thinking allowing this box to take up so much of the space that is already so precious. They could have at least rounded off the corners. It seems rushed and last minute. This means that I am now avoiding BA when booking a trip if they are operating the B777 on the desired route. Bye bye Executive Club silver.

British Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by J Lavelle    (Ireland)

Booked a seat in World Traveller (Ecomomy) for an extra €60 each way. This was to get an exit seat with legroom and a window. Seat was advertised as window exit. Yes it was an exit seat but there was no window at the seat. The slide / raft box protruded from the exit door greatly reducing the amount of space for legroom. Seat beside me was empty but a guy was quickly moved into it when he asked for it, despite us having to pay €60 each way for these seats. Stewardesses were friendly but service was almost non existent. The child portion chicken dinner was in no way filling. Was hungry throughout whole flight. No food or snacks offered until about 1.5 hours before landing when I was given a cheese roll with no butter or mayonnaise, completely dry and unappetising.

British Airways Customer review :  13 October 2014 by S Mordey    (UK)

BA1326 LHR-NCL. 10.10.14. I arrived on time at LHR from Brazil using a different carrier. Journey thus far was enjoyable and on time. I know that that shortest final hop up to the north east is usually the most problematic and unpleasant, so I arrived fully expecting to land at Newcastle and get home late. However yesterday morning I was wrong, my flight wasn't running late, it was cancelled! I had a particularly revolting encounter with one of their "professionals" in T5. My courtesy and understanding towards the inept individual who was there to assist delayed passengers, was rewarded with the cheap nasty, passive aggressive and generally dismissive attitude which is offered so frequently by BA these days. No apology or empathy just waffle and rubbish. It's just simply not good enough, and a terrible reflection of what our flag carrier has become. To cut a long story short, I arrived at NCL seven hours late. And no surprises my luggage was left behind at T5. But then again BA only had seven hours to transfer it onto my flight. Well done BA! Simply the worst customer service that I have ever experienced anywhere!

© 1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.