British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by O Reade    (UK)

Montreal - LHR. I love BA but sometimes they have an off-day, and this was one of them. Crew not ready when passengers boarding - some still eating their crew food. Pre-flight, everything seemed rushed with no newspapers or amenity kits offered. Flight itself was fine and food very good. Landing at LHR, we were parked remotely. My husband had requested assistance and we were told to wait until all the other passengers had disembarked (which took 20 minutes), only to have to join a bus with no help at all. Needless to say, no one on hand inside T5 and only by flagging down a passing buggy, did we manage to get to Border Control. Just not great.

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by John Frewen-Lord    (UK)

Flew from LHR to YYZ on 23 June on new 787. Not impressed. Very bumpy taxiing. Smooth inflight, but I couldn't really notice the extra cabin pressure or humidity that is supposed to be so wonderful. I was seated in a window seat. Flight completely spoilt by massive 130 kg passenger seated in middle seat - he could not fit between the armrests, and needed help from both myself and passenger in aisle seat to even fasten his seatbelt. This is unacceptable, especially since I paid £30 extra to choose my seat! Cabin crew friendly and efficient, though why they didn't notice the situation with my huge fellow passenger and do something about it I don't know - safety issue if nothing else. Otherwise flight OK.

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Kain    (UK)

Flying from Aberdeen to Toronto via LHR. On board the new 787s on this route you can really notice the difference that they make over the 777. No drying of the eyes or popping of the ears thanks to the good air system. Although a little cramped in economy on the outbound journey, I was able to secure a bulkhead seat on the overnight back. I would definitely recommend this as value for money over eco+. Just buy the economy ticket and pay to have a front row seat (there is more leg room and the same service from what I saw). The small commuter plane from ABZ to LHR and back was starting to feel pretty old and tired by comparison to the 787, however the cabin crew did a great job, shoehorning in a full meal service in less than an hour.

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LGW-JER return. Out on B737 back on A319 both flights almost full.80 minute delay leaving Gatwick due to French ATC strike, not airlines fault. Going out no problems, hand baggage only, checked in online. Return a different matter, unable to check in online and no self service machines at Jersey, Flybe have at least six. Check in opened over half an hour after stated time when a sullen agent appeared eating an apple and carrying a newspaper. She then managed to seat by wife and I in middle seats in different rows. Customer service at Jersey shows B.A. in a bad light. The flights were fine, beer and snack both ways on a 30 minute leg.

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Jonathan Rodden    (UK)

Flew BA 025, Heathrow to Hong Kong in First Class, seated in 1A, July 2nd 2014. Great flight, great service and cabin crew were excellent. I have flown this sector many times and this is one of best flights that I have had on BA.

British Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Ryan Thomas    (Australia)

Travelled from OZ to watch start of TDF in Leeds. BA cancelled 7.20am, flight 1340, 5/7 the day before due to staff issues and changed me to a 13.50 flight and then expected me to get on the 15.30 same day return to London. Very poor and lame excuse. To make matters worse will not refund return flight of same day as on separate booking. Amazed such a big airline can't manage something as simple as staff rosters to ensure customers could get to Leeds to see the start of the 2014 TDF. What a disaster.

British Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Luke Toornent    (Netherlands)

I flew AMS-LGW-MCO and JFK-LHR-AMS this month. Overall is was an acceptable experience. Food and drinks the normal airline stuff. Staff were good and visited us often. I only found the seats very unpleasant.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by C Denson    (UK)

London LHR to Hong Kong on 27 May. Was really looking forward to flying in the new A380 but for some reason the plane was swapped on the day for a B777. Flight left about 25 minutes late but arrived 20 minutes early into HK. On boarding I agreed to swap seats with a woman who had been seated separately from her husband. Having ordered a vegetarian meal I let one of the cabin crew know that I'd swapped seats. When the meal was served I got told off very rudely by one of the cabin crew for moving seats without telling them - even though I had. Before I could explain my meal was dumped in my lap and he flounced off. Food was ok. Cabin crew smiles were forced. Serve the meal, turn out the lights and disappear for 9 hours seemed to be the order of the day. No way was World Traveller Plus worth the extra money.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Jeff Smith    (UK)

Flew LHR to Larnaca and return 22nd April and 29th April in Club Europe. I had high hopes for Business class albeit shortish haul but was somewhat disappointed. Legroom not quite what I expect from Business class, 34 inches is hardly room to stretch out. The service was good but the choice of food was limited and again not what I expect from a business class experience. As for inflight entertainment? Oh dear. On a 4.5 hour flight I expect so much better, old fashioned one film option only. If you didn't like the film tough. All in all I will not rush to pay the extra.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Tom Adamson    (Australia)

LHR-SEA in "first" class. The experience was really a step back in time. Having arrived in London on JAL after an exquisite experience in their 777 first class, I had high expectations of my premiere flight in BA first. Suffice to say, I won't be back. Whose idea was it to jam 14 seats into a space that quality airlines fill with 6 or 8 seats? It's crowded, ugly and lacks privacy. The whole cabin - and this is 'new' first, I might add - feels pretty cheap and is already showing signs of wear and tear. The seat itself is narrow and displeasing. Crew were cheerful and professional, but the food would be considered business class standard on world class airlines. That sums it up, really - BA is simply not offering a world-class product. I can't imagine why anyone would put down the money they charge for first class, unless there was no high-profile Asian or Middle Eastern alternative available, and even then I'd probably go out of my way to avoid them. I suggest that BA product managers might want to go on a world tour via Abu Dhabi, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore, and try out the competition, because it's plainly evident that they either have no ideas, or just don't care. There is apparently a "new new" first class planned for the 787-9 when it enters service with BA, and I sincerely hope that both the hard and soft products will be worthy of being branded "first class".

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Richard Bowley    (Canada)

I had flight from Vancouver to London and back again, aisle seat I prepaid for was changed to another aisle seat which put me right near the bathroom where I really didn't want to be. What's the point of selecting a seat online and prepaying for it and then they change it with no explanation? Entertainment system was ok but the food (if you can call it that) was disgusting - chicken curry or pasta, actually just curry since they ran out of pasta and left people with no choice. I've had better food on charter airlines - never again.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

London Gatwick to Bridgetown on Avios companion ticket. Flight left and arrived on time. Surprisingly good choice and quality of food and wine. Entertainment system somewhat limited in choice. Cabin crew were pretty poor. Generally slow, particularly in responding to the call button.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Karagounis Paul    (Spain)

LHR-PEK-LHR. We travel BA club world often and my overall impression is very good. Yes sometimes the attitude of the staff can be not up to expectations or the food not comparable with some of the Asian airlines but the price you pay for a business class seat with BA is unbeatable. And for me a flat bed on an overnight flight is what matters the most. Contrary to general recommendations when I travel with a companion I prefer the middle seats on the main deck and not the upper deck because by using the screen you can have your own little intimate cabin. And if the flight is not full is so much better than the claustrophobic upper deck. Strongly recommended for a discounted ticket.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by C Denson    (UK)

World Traveller Plus from Beijing to London LHR. Old and tired 747-400, these planes really should be pensioned off now. The cabin was freezing with everyone wrapped in blankets for the whole flight. Complaints to the cabin crew just got a "sorry we have no control over the air temperature" response. Veggie meal ordered was given to someone else by mistake so I had to have fish. Video screen is tiny on these planes - not that it mattered as the system wasn't working properly so I couldn't watch any films. Pretty poor on a 9.5 hour flight. Sound system for communicating with passengers was very distorted so it was impossible to understand any announcements from flight- deck or cabin crew apart from a little bit of extra leg room I've no idea what extra money for World Travel Plus is supposed to be for.

British Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by A Mackenzie    (Denmark)

CPH-LHR, 26th June. Club Europe. BA standards are slipping. The Galleries Lounges are a shadow of their former selves. In the latest round of savings a famous business broadsheet newspaper has been axed, the food offerings curtailed and sub-standard, and a lack of attention to clearing tables. However, the on-board service continues to be of a high standard, and the Airbus 321 clean and tidy with very helpful cabin crew. Flight was marred by a lack of bags loaded on the plane due to an IT breakdown at T5, which caused a long queue at CPH baggage dept. for reporting missing bags.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by F V Obrien    (Thailand)

London - BKK, Premium economy, 19/6/14. I always travel EVA Air business but this time I had to get into BKK early having been told by many that BA Business is at best rubbish I decided to save some cash and go P/Economy, seat no: 14A, remarks on flight seating at best ok, service seemed tired, but the real downer was the food, the plane was nowhere near full but by the time they got to me most of the food had gone and I was left with some sort of pasta dish - totally inedible. I must admit I didn't put anything near my mouth just pressed one of the pasta flutes - cold, dry and hard. I was given a pat of butter type stuff, alas nothing to spread it on bread wise maybe it was put there to grease the runners on the seat. Drinks G&T were served once choice of coffee or tea with second course, at least I did get first pick had tea, a very hard type of cake thing, egg sausage mushroom was the so called dish - again poor. The only redeeming factors were I didn't go business class as the seats dated back to the eighties in a 2/4/2 configuration unlike EVA 1/2/1 lie flat and we arrived 20 minutes early.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Jacques Michael    (UK)

Having taken several domestic flights to London Heathrow and back to Newcastle I can understand why BA have recently announced extra flights on this route. All flights full, yet all credit to cabin crews who managed to supply a full trolley service. Flight and cabin crews all to a high standard of service with plenty of meaningful announcements. Can't praise enough.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by G Mann    (UK)

Have flown with BA several times over past few years, mostly economy class, on holiday through travel agents. Aircraft's vary from a bit shabby with little space, to sometimes a bit bigger and newer with a bit more space. Staff always efficient and polite. The one main flaw is the snack food offering - those awful wraps which are like uncooked cold cardboard. We don't need a 3 course hot meal but eg a granary bread sandwich [with a veggie filling for us] would be preferable to the dreaded wraps, which we do not eat which seems such a waste.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Bob Motto    (UK)

LHR to VIE, BA 704, 23 June 2014. The meal service in Euro Traveller is appalling as are the customer service standards of the New Mixed Fleet Crew The food offering was inedible a choice of Flat Bread with Chicken Tikka or a Salad. Do British Airways not understand that not everyone likes Curry or spicy food. At least do an offering of Meat or Cheese Sandwiches to make the selection a little better in consideration of the fares passengers have paid. As for the cabin crew, this new Mixed Fleet with their Thunderbird Hats are very inferior compared to the cabin crew on the old contracts. At least experienced cabin crew would sort something out in the galley to at least compensate for the lack of food choice even if it is cheese and crackers. This crew do not offer anything and were nowhere to be seen once they did their meal service. I would have expected for a two hour flight they would at least walk through the cabin a few times offering more drinks etc, the only time they came out was to clear away the meals which many people around me had left and not touched and to do the Duty Free. I fly British Airways every week and this is the worst crew I have known. I think the Mixed Fleet Crew are appalling in their customer service standards, they can certainly learn a lot from their more experiences colleagues who are on the old contracts so come on BA, start to bring back the high standards again, the new Mixed Fleet Crew are letting you down very badly.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Comair Business VFA (Victoria Falls) to JNB (Johannesburg). Easy check in provided you were only travelling to JNB. Other pax transferring with through tickets to London/USA/Australia were unable to check bags all the way through or get boarding cards for subsequent flights. This meant they had to go through customs and immigration at JNB collect bags and recheck rather than just going through transit. Gave them a very poor experience of BA/Comair in Zimbabwe. This is an airport used by many international pax and should be able to do this as a matter of course. No lounge at VFA airport. It is being rebuilt so maybe will be better in future years. Comfortable seats on an old B737, pleasant lunch and helpful staff.

British Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Jonathan Rodden    (UK)

Flew from LHR to Hong Kong, April 13th 2014, BA 25 and the flight took off 1 hour late. Therefore as I had an onwards connection to Jakarta with limited time to get my connection I asked on board about help with getting my onwards boarding card to Jakarta as BA in Belfast refused to issue me a boarding card. The CSD was not seen nor did he even come to speak with me even though I am GGL member. The only help I got was from one of the Hong Kong based air stewardesses who went out of her to help me. Without her help I would have missed my onwards to Jakarta. Certainly not impressed by the service. I made a follow up compliant, however never received any response.

British Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by V Bristow    (UK)

Flight BA 202, Boston to Heathrow. Aircraft B747, version 1. We were seated in PE. The cabin was quiet and not full, so we had plenty of room. The cabin crew were very attentive and spoke to all the passengers in our cabin. Service after take off was very quick and professional, the food was very good and not hurried giving us 3.5 hours to sleep. The seats were very comfortable and the extra space was appreciated. My only complaint is my TV monitor was faulty and had a black line down the screen. It was not an issue as I was planning to sleep, rather than watch a movie. The cabin was quieter than economy as it was at the front of the plane, and I had a good 3 hours sleep. The Flight attendants were offering drinks throughout the flight which was good. The breakfast was a croissant in a box which I found a bit of a disappointment. Overall I would fly BA Premium Economy again.

British Airways Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Kidd William    (UK)

I flew from Edinburgh to Heathrow and then on to JFK and returned from Las Vegas. The flights in the UK were fine but the flight to JFK and from Vegas to Heathrow were terrible the seats were narrow and the food was disgusting both ways.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by L Bell    (UK)

We travelled Cancun to LGW in business class. To the point I didn't think the experience was as good as Virgin and Emirates who I normally use. Airport staff were helpful, although I was surprised there was no lounge access at all ( we got 2x USD 22 vouchers for the restaurants in the airport). Cabin crew were not particularly attentive or helpful. Dinner and wine/drinks were nice although cabin crew had to be prompted to serve drinks again after dinner. Seat and space was ok although functionality on seat not as good as Emirates or Cathay. My friend had no direct access to aisle and had to jump over another passenger's legs. Breakfast was sub standard.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Robert Kovacs    (USA)

I was excited to fly on the new A380 with the new seating. We sat in 14j and 14k. When we were seated we were offered champagne and we organized our belongings quickly. I sat down got out my magazine and asked the flight attendant how to operate the light and she apologized that our seats had no power and they have been working on it. Well after about ten minutes the door closed and the plane pushed off and I inquired again about the issue and she said the pilot was working on it. The power never came on during the 10.5 hour flight. We had no lights, no entertainment, no seat adjustments. I not given the opportunity to deboard when they knew of this problem or to reschedule another flight. This is not how you treat your business club passenger or any passenger. I was told I would be contacted by a representative but that did not happen.

British Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Sears Michael    (UK)

Club World,–LGW to TPA, week later MIA to LHR. Gatwick check in quick and easy, BA member came over and pointed us through Fast Track and gave lounge instructions. Lounge food offering very disappointing compared to LHR, made do with Marmite on toast and lots of Champagne! In celebratory mood as going for a 30th, cabin crew outbound fantastic, the drinks kept flowing and never a rolled eye or any surly attitude from the crew. Managed 4/5 hours afternoon nap. Upgraded WTP home bound to CW through AVIOS 24hrs before and even bagged upper deck. An amazing night flight, left on time. Have always found UD crew fantastic, two pre departure drinks, and mixed fleet seemed genuinely flying to serve. Only downside was pretty terrible dinner - starter and salad dreadful, steak main not much better. Requested tray be taken away and skip dessert. Reclined and slept - and got woken 6 hours later for a bacon roll. Landed at LHR on time, through security, four bags collected and out of airport in 25 minutes. Club World and Heathrow fantastic when it goes well. Apart from food and beverage – a definite 10/10. Will be a very sad day when the 747s retire, UD on A380 far more cramped.