British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by E Barr    (UK)

LHR to HKG in Club - 777-300ER. Lovely newish plane and very attentive staff with smiles. Seat was rear facing and perfectly fine as a bed but seems to have got a little narrower. Window seat 13A and was expecting some sort of decent storage space but only a tiny little sliding drawer, meaning I had to put everything above in the locker and bother the person in 13B. Food and drink was very good as was inflight entertainment. Decent sleep in a comfortable cabin - only real niggle was the 8 abreast cabin which seems inferior to Cathay / Virgin "herringbone" design.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by R Shoebridge    (Mexico)

Flew MEX-LHR-TLS with BA and was very surprised having seen some negative feedback on here. Flight departed on time, we were received well by staff at check-in and had no problems leaving MEX. Aircraft a 747, which was old yet fairly clean. Entertainment system was a little dated but once they got it working provided light relief. Service was very good, staff were attentive, whilst not overwhelming which is important on a night flight: we were not disturbed but knew refreshments could be brought when requested. Terminal 5 was easy to navigate and flight to TLS left almost on time. Uneventful second flight but nevertheless a good experience. Overall good service and communicative staff, dated aircraft and equipment. Would definitely recommend, service far better than other transatlantic airlines I have experienced.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by B Michael    (UK)

I have used British Airways over a number of years for work and leisure trips non-exclusively and must say I have noted a gradual but continued decrease in service quality. On a recent return flight from Johannesburg travelling with an infant we were delayed for over 30 hours. The way in which the delay was handled was terrible. Minimal staff meant it took three plus hours to get checked in to a hotel. Then trying to arrange the return minimising waiting time for the little one took 5 hours with two staff serving 400 passengers with no concern for customers. Tried calling head office and they were less helpful than the booking agents.My intention is to avoid where possible and in many cases they are cheaper alternatives.

British Airways Customer review :  19 January 2015 by M Gibson    (UK)

MAN-LHR-LAX. Flew Manchester to LAX via Heathrow on Christmas day in Club World on the A380. Check in and boarding were extremely smooth at Manchester and the lounge was also quiet due to the fact it was a holiday.Upon arrival LHR was much busier, so much so that we struggled to find a seat in the south lounge. When it came time to board the aircraft it was, quite frankly, carnage. There didn't seem to be any real system and we had to fight through the crowds just to be able to get in the (long) line for Club passengers. The downside of such a big aircraft is the number of passengers, even in Club world. Once on board it was a fairly standard offering, Club World on BA is pretty consistent across all aircraft I now find. Seat and service were all fine, not exceptional but acceptable. My one main gripe us that we were seated on the lower deck (seats 13A and 13B) and on our side of the plane there was only one tiny bathroom, which often led to a line. The other side of the aircraft had two bathrooms but getting to them meant going all the way round the galley kitchen and cabin staff in there were often busy working or just hanging out and it seemed that they weren't too keen on being disturbed. Whilst there's no doubt the A380 is a quieter aircraft I feel its size and the number of passengers takes something away from the level of service, which you'd expect to be high given the price paid for Club World tickets.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by R Rodway    (USA)

Being an ex pat, I decided to fly the flag from Seattle back to England in November 2014 to celebrate my 60th birthday. I was accompanied by my wife, a son and daughter with their spouse's and our 2 year old grandson. Between us all, we spent a considerable amount of money to fly economy class. After a short time into the flight, we soon discovered the economy seats on the 777 to be extremely small, uncomfortably close to the seats in front of us with almost no legroom and armrest that only fold up halfway! I wonder what genius came up with that one. Aside from serving us "steerage" passengers that stuff they called food and a drink, we never saw the cabin crew in both directions. They wouldn't even come around to collect the trash so we sat amidst it. They didn't even check to see if my grandson needed anything. As far as flying BA again, there wont be a next time.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Mike Rickett    (UK)

I flew to Toronto from Manchester via T5 Heathrow on Dec 17, returning on Jan 5. I have no complaints about the inflight experience which was generally very good, although I am not sure that premium economy is really worth the money. What I found completely annoying was the lack of air-bridges both on departure and arrival at T5 Heathrow. We were herded on to buses like cattle, closely resembling the tube at rush hour and then had to climb steep steps into the aircraft, no easy feat with heavy hand luggage and duty free. Are there not enough gates with air bridges at T5? Why is this necessary. I will be flying to Toronto again in September but I am not sure it will be with BA if this situation persists.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by T Jones    (UK)

Flew LHR to Denver, Colorado on 26/12/14 - 6/1/15 for a ski holiday. Absolutely disappointed and outraged at the rubbish food served on both flights and obviously what I consider as edible and what BA class as edible we shall truly disagree on - awful food. Coffee rubbish, asked for more water and never got any? The inflight entertainment was also poor and a film was stopped after 30 minutes to reboot the system for other passengers. The male stewards were fine and happy, but one of the female stewardesses was miserable and we felt we were putting her out asking for a drink, which never arrived anyway? Thought BA had got rid of that superior, lucky to fly with us attitude! Will not fly them again if I can help it.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by R Barnett    (UK)

I only travel on BA as I am a sucker for the avios points! I am based in London and genuinely like LHR T5. Over the years I have seen the gradual downgrading of Club and First. Very nice new equipment with the A380 but other than being quiet and having an excellent entertainment system nothing has really changed. Paper salt and pepper sachets in Club, an amenity kit that is so poor its not worth opening. I mostly pay for my ticket and due to some excellent fares, will fly club, I can accept the downgrading as I sort of like the seat. First is now just about how club used to be, what happened to canapés being offered as you sat down, where is the eat what you want, when you want service? Krug champagne! I I use my avios when travelling in First, I don't believe anyone pays a full fare in that cabin. Don't get me wrong, I like BA but just feel a little sad that the polish has gone from their premium cabins.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Maitra    (UK)

After flying Iberia MAD-SCL, the return journey from Buenos Aires to LHR was underwhelming. Old, tired plane (777) with a 3-4-3 set up for a 13 hour flight (compared to a far more comfortable 2-4-2 on Iberia), IFE screens smaller than any other airline with very limited options, uncomfortable seats with minimal leg room. FA's adequate as was the meal. I don't understand why BA is 4-star rated and Iberia and LAN are 3-stars or how they can charge much more than any other European airline? They don't even want to try and being British I am really disappointed with the state of our flagship carrier. How are they going to compete with Emirates, Qatar etc?

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Reay    (Australia)

Flew on 23 December from Shanghai to LHR in first. Only 3 of us in the cabin so service was excellent and very personal. Found the seat and bed both very comfortable and food and drink selection was excellent. IFE wasn't amazing - found stuff to watch but easily got bored. First lived up to my expectations on BA and I'd love to repeat it.

British Airways Customer review :  14 January 2015 by S Bain    (UK)

Wednesday 24th December - 787 Dreamliner LHR to Calgary in Club - Seat 3A. Used the lounges and managed to get a free facial in the Elemis spa. On entering the aircraft it was nice to see the big seats. However it took the staff at least 5 minutes to collect our coats. We were lucky we were travelling as a couple as it would be quite annoying if you were in 3B as the food is served over the dividing barrier. Food was very nice. Being next to the windows it was hard to hear the cabin announcements as the air circulation is quite loud. The windows are different as the change colour instead of the usual blinds. The seat design is very poor for those in seat a, rows 1, 2 and 6 as they have to step over the person in the row in front if they are lying down. 3A has its own access to the aisle. The seat is ok and does go to a flat bed but with it only being 6ft a lot of people will not be able to stretch out. Disembarking was chaos as the people from the other bit in club and premium tried to get off before us. We managed to get seats for £1000 return in the November sale - I would not like to have paid the usual £6k return as it is not value for money.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Kayleigh Collins    (Japan)

Travelled from London Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda, overall not a very pleasurable experience. The seats were uncomfortable, blankets were of poor quality. Seats were crammed too close to one another, the pillow provided was also of poor quality. The entertainment system was great for TV shows but terrible for movies, only one headphone worked and occasionally the sound would black out, the system suffered a few malfunctions but smoothed out once up in the air. The food was delicious, but the tea and coffee was poor. Staff service was good but still lots of room for improvement. The aircraft and the experience itself seemed old and dated compared to other carriers I have flown with.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by David Ellis    (UK)

LHR-JNB-CPT. Upper deck on A380. 2x3x2 arrangement far from ideal for the trio in the middle, although dividing up the club world cabin helps. Seats otherwise identical to usual BA business class. Window seats are best because of lockers at the side. Take-off remarkably quiet and smooth. Dinner service quick - in marked contrast to recent Emirates flight on A380. Food actually very good, including a main course salad with 'warmed salmon' which was as good as in any restaurant. Slow disembarkation at JNB. Huge confusion about whether luggage had to be retrieved and re-checked in (check in at LHR informed us it was ticketed all the way to our final destination) and where we had to go for domestic transfer. Eventually arrived in excellent SLOW lounge 45 mins after leaving plane. 2 hr flight on 737 to CPT uneventful and quick baggage retrieval.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by A Singh    (UK)

Los Angeles - Heathrow - Los Angeles over the holidays. Club world is a perfectly fine business product. Staff on both legs were very good, getting the job done in a polite and friendly way. Food, again, is pretty good and benefits from covering the basics well and not being overly fussy. Portion sizes not huge but I don't need the calories anyway. Plenty of drinks offered. An unexpected nice touch was when, during the outbound night flight, as the only passenger awake, a crew member popped her head over, asked if I was ok and if I would like a hot chocolate - and then went and made one. In terms of product this is not a million miles away from United business (both even have backwards-facing seats). However the BA cabin crew are in a class of their own, and it feels like they know it, which translates in to good service. United's intercontinental crews are a somewhat more eclectic group whose get-up-and-go appears to have got-up-and-gone. Just like with the 747 the upstairs on the A380 has side storage, which is useful. The upstairs front section bathrooms are also huge (and, from the front section, you can go up and down the stairs if that tickles your fancy). But downstairs is light and roomy. On return on Dec 29 I was delayed at the gate at Heathrow as staff fussed over various 'company' passengers that needed to be accommodated. These company passengers - flight crew heading off on vacation - then unluckily sat next to me in Club and behaved appallingly for 11 hours - drinking champagne constantly, loudly talking all night and demanding a running commentary on the ins-and-outs of working the A380 from every crew member that passed. They acted like children who had never been on a plane before - and their taking 'selfies' (that included me in the background!) all flight was mildly vexing. Upshot? As long as BA doesn't stiff you by putting its staff on freebie upgrades next to you, you'll enjoy club world on the A380.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Volker Kubillus    (UK)

My wife and I went from London Gatwick to Tampa on 6th November 2014. From our previous flights to this destination we knew already that there was not very much to expect. Old 777 plane. Loud, tired staff not really interested, just working on automatic. The seats were old, dirty and shabby looking. No space, cold and freezing on the legs. The very old screens in the seats are just a nightmare to watch. Broken sound systems. The food topped the whole experience. Just awful! Full of preservatives. Very degrading - even when you sit in the so called "wooden Class". Over the last 3 years I have been flying to Tampa nothing has been changed by BA.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Alan Wan    (UK)

LHR-SFO. I paid premium economy but upgrade with avios so it was good value. Sat in the upper deck. FAs were attentive, helpful and accommodating. A good choice of beverages available and I consumed around 3 glasses of champagne and port during my main meal. Had the steak which were okay for an airline meal. The club kitchen was pretty well stocked with sandwiches, fruit, chocolate, cakes and champagne in plenty of supply. A light meal was offered around 90 minutes before landing, I had the afternoon tea (sandwiches) my wife a salad. Some excellent warm scones were provided. I was happy with my choice, but my wife thought the salad too light for a secondary meal. Overall the food was okay, but I have had better on Singapore Airlines, ANZ and even AA. The IFE system was dated with the screen being not as sharp as other airlines and the choice of movies limited compared to other airlines. On the return journey, I slept most of the flight after the meal. My wife reported the club kitchen was well stocked, contrary to some reports it is often empty on flights returning to Heathrow. A very positive note to report, the BA lounge at SFO is excellent, a good choice of food and drink, excellent space and I loved the direct access to the air bridge.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Andrew Tobin    (UK)

Club world to St Lucia on the 16th December and the service was dreadful - even for BA. When we boarded the aircraft my wife asked for a glass of champagne while we waited for take-off and the hostess said 'I would have to open another bottle'. She then walked away and did not return. Given the cost of the ticket we would have bought that bottle many, many times over. I like to watch movies, or the map of our progress, and on a flight of over 8 hours this is important to me. You guessed it the video system did not work at all for me, nor for several other customers around me. I did complain and have been offered compensation of £60 but only against the cost of another BA ticket. As far as I am concerned they can keep their voucher as my wife, and I, will not fly BA again - ever.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by B Harrison    (UK)

British Airways call themselves a "full service" airline. This they seem to think means providing a packet of crisps or a cookie with your drink of choice. How can it be called "full service" if they even run out of crisps on a 45 minute flight between London City and Amsterdam? Really poor.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by B Morrison    (UK)

LHR-SFO-LHR. Why do I keep thinking BA will improve? The 747 on this route is falling to bits. Their business class configuration is terrible. Facing a complete stranger, having to attempt to climb over other passenger to go to bathroom! Seat narrow and table unusable for dinner unless use knee to hold it up! Food on both legs awful but worse coming from SFO. Also club kitchen pathetic. IFE systems the worst of any airline. BA please travel on Emirates just once and see how it should be done. Staff on way out on upper deck very nice and attentive however on return to LHR on upper deck staff were verging on "can't be bothered"! Served dinner during severe turbulence which you could not eat so they could get dinner finished and sit down for rest of flight. Had to go to galley to get drink as ignored call button. Then empties sat on table for two hours before I dumped them in galley. Breakfast consisted of hard fruit and greasy bacon tiny roll. Both of which left uneaten. I keep booking through blind loyalty but after Bahrain and San Fran in December decided no more. They have just got too bad.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by R Anderson    (UK)

Muscat - Abu Dhabi - London. Delayed over two hours no, vouchers offered. No welcome drinks or papers offered on the ground, both sectors. Not all screens opened for the front row to watch the safety video. No cabin checks done on one side ex Abu Dhabi. Menus left on the seat arms in the middle of the night. Crew did not seem to have any supervision or experience.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Bob Kumar    (UK)

The last trip was in Nov to Washington, flew first in the new A380 which is a great aircraft, very spacious cabin and extremely quiet. Service and drinks choice fine but their food is always questionable. On the way out had the tasting menu which was good, even had two dishes repeated but on the return chose the chicken in a mushroom sauce! This was disgusting and after two bites sent it back. This is not the first time BA's food has been suspect either, their club Europe service to Gibraltar also serves up light cold snacks though charging up to £750 return for a 2.5hour flight. For those looking to fly BA, the lounges, aircraft and staff are good to go but the food needs to be improved.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by M Lomax    (UK)

We flew from Manchester to LHR to YCC and return over the Christmas period on the Dreamliner. The only comfortable section of the journey was the short trip to and from London. The Dreamliner, is narrow and uncomfortable. We had read the reviews and were hopeful it would be better than the reviews. The 3-3-3 seating is far too cramped with narrow seats, the leg room was just about acceptable. We sat in the back row of the front cabin of economy, by choice, as it reduced the risk of being kicked from behind. It was a good choice but pick the side without rest rooms behind you as the toilets are very noisy and busy. The food was typical air line food. The crew were variable. On the outward journey the crew were great but on the return less pleasant. The lights were dimmed late in the flight and the crew did not use the variable lighting to gradually light the cabin and just flicked the switch. We are returning to Canada in a few months but we will not be using BA despite my husbands Executive Club membership. BA are still great for short haul but they need to rethink the Dreamliner experience.

British Airways Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Cathy Collison    (UK)

It was the first time flying on the A380 and for the first time in my life slept for about nine hours on the flight from Heathrow to Singapore. After reading reviews suggesting that the seats in World Traveller were small and uncomfortable I was not looking forward to this long haul flight. All I can say is these seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat/ slept on. The cabin was quiet with excellent cabin crew. My only complaint is you have to know how to work the system to get the seats with extra legroom or upstairs!

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by R Schroeder    (UK)

HAM-LHR, Club Europe, Seat 2F, new cabin. Dear, oh dear - surely no one within BA could have said this seat as adequate for people paying a premium. I find the new seat absolutely horrible. It's very tight and I am unable to use my laptop. Flying BA Club Europe is no longer justifiable, because its no longer possible to work during the flight. Yes, the luggage rack moved to eye level. It does not give the 4 inches or so lost by moving the seats closer together. Seats are also very hard and extremely uncomfortable. Dear BA - please reconsider this terrible new seat, an attractive cabin alone does not make for a business class that is useful to business people.

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by David Russell    (UK)

BA662 26/12/14 LHR-LCA Economy Seat 27K. 37 minutes late leaving Heathrow but that's not unusual for this service, made up some of the time but still arrived 30 minutes late into Larnaca. Flight was on an old Boeing 767 - the seating was a bit too firm and not very comfortable. This seat was an exit row so leg room was superb. Gets a little cold here but OK for a flight of this duration. No personal video on demand just old overhead screen system so next to useless. They replace the seats but not the entertainment system and on a flight like this of over four hours it should be better. Food was pretty good with a choice of salad or hot meal with the usual free beverages. Cabin crew were OK, nothing special and we never got a pass by the duty free either, for some reason they missed out rows 27J/K towards the back. Flight crew gave good flight information and updates. Luggage arrived OK at destination. So to sum up, very ordinary, very average, very late.

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Morrison Jack    (UK)

Travelled Club from MIA to LHR last week having made the outbound trip on a codeshare AA flight (which was excellent!) We paid an extra £170 to pre-book seats upstairs, which was ridiculously expensive. It's been several years since I last tried BA Club on a transatlantic flight, and I was frankly shocked at how bad the product has become. Compared to the Emirates business class I'd experienced from the far east just 6 weeks before, BA are fast becoming the 'Lada' of the Airline business. The seats are no longer that comfortable, with the window passenger having to step over the feet of the total stranger in the next row to get into the aisle. The entertainment? Really poor! But, worst of all, the food! I would have been disappointed to get rubbish like that served in Economy, but when one has paid thousands of pounds for the privilege? The breakfast was a joke. A glass of orange juice accompanied by a few slices of fruit and melon and the offer of a tiny bacon roll! My wife had requested special vegetarian meals, so when the bacon rolls came along the Cabin Crew first offered her one, then said "Oh sorry, of course you're vegetarian!" and that was it - no alternative! Never again BA!

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by C Pedersen    (UK)

Had a good BA flight out to Barcelona but found on return switched to Vueling. On this flight we had to pay for refreshments. I wrote in to BA to complain and had no reply. After several weeks I re-wrote and eventually received an apology but no explanation as to why we had to pay for food.

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by R Simon    (Austria)

LIS-LHR-VIE on Dec. 8, both legs on an Airbus 320 in Club Europe (Business Class) - both legs on time, seats were Economy seats with the middle seat left unsold and featuring the new slim seats which are less comfortable and have a reduced seat pitch – Check-in in LIS was handled by rather surly agents, which was untypical for an otherwise friendly airport, but Business class waiting lines were very short, so overall it was OK. LIS-LHR leg was with a rather lacklustre and inattentive European fleet crew, after the initial service of food and drinks further service consisted of clearing the dishes and on board sales. Other than that Business class flight attendants were behind the curtain reading magazines, chatting and rather attending to themselves than the passengers. At 11 am, the Business Class food served was a plate cold cuts, a roll and three thin slices of fruit (basically a make yourself sandwich on a plate). Extremely disappointing and poor for a lunch flight scheduled to arrive in Heathrow after 1 pm. On the LHR-VIE leg service was“afternoon tea”meaning again sandwiches. However this time at least it was more appropriate due to time of day. Full bar service on both flights and the French white wine served was ok. The mixed fleet crew on the second leg was more interested in its job and up to BA standards regarding friendliness and attentiveness. Transfer procedures in LHR Terminal 3 were fast and friendly, even the extra security checks required for all transfers at LHR (even Intra-EU) were hassle free and easy. BA’s Galleries Lounge in LHR T3 was again an oasis of rest amid a busy airport; comfortable with excellent drink selection and decent food selection, including several good warm choices, such as various curries. In Lisbon Portela BA uses the shared Blue Lounge which is small and offerings are rather limited; some limited snacks, ok drinks, but at least good Nespresso coffee. Although small, it was not crowded, which is a plus. So, BA delivered a good basic product for economy standards, but I fail to see any real Business Class service offered here (not seat wise, not meal wise, not service wise). The only saving grace was the Galleries Lounge in Heathrow T3 and the better service on the LHR-VIE leg. Not recommended for Business Class within Europe based on this experience. (Oneworld Sapphire).

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by S Tilton    (UK)

LGW to TFS in Club Europe. Disappointing that BA has downgraded its CE service to such an extent that it is not really worth paying the extra for short haul. Too little leg room now such that new seats are no different from Economy - yes, the middle seat is not occupied but what both my partner and I would like is additional leg room. Not good enough to pay the extra and then have to sit at an angle to fit into the seat. New seats are uncomfortable as well. Lunch service reminiscent of Economy food trays of the 80s too. Cabin crew doing their best with a full club cabin - CE clearly still popular for the moment even with revised cabin layout, but for how much longer? Can no longer recommend BA for a four hour short-haul, although good time-keeping. Such a shame that BA has allowed this to happen. Think again, BA.

British Airways Customer review :  5 January 2015 by K Fletcher-Biles    (UK)

Flights LHR - Prague return, 1st - 4th December. Very full flights. The online booking/check in system was down for 'technical reasons' for the 24hrs before departure. Consequently my wife and I arrived at LHR well before check in time and were only offered two middle seats in different rows. How is this if the booking system was unavailable? The flight itself was 1hr late departing Terminal 3, not terminal 5 as most other flights with BA. Return flights bookable in Prague so at least got to sit together. Planes were pretty new Airbus A320's, comfortable and well suited to the 1hr 45m flight. The best bit was this was a short break booked via the BA website and included a very central boutique hotel and breakfast for under £250 each. A nice idea before Christmas with Prague looking it's best with a light dusting of snow.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

Washington - LHR. We arrived early for our 18.30 departure as we intended eating in the new BA Executive lounge. It is about two months old and is a very good set up indeed. Plenty of seating that is well spread out and comfortable. The food was plentiful, freshly cooked, both varied and tasty. No complaints so far. We were seated in the two most forward seats on the upper deck of the A380. Seats 50A and 50B. I was happy facing my wife - but really would not be happy to be staring at a stranger for a longish flight. I hope this weird seating design is changed in the near future. It was the so called latest Club World seat in a rather gloomy grey colour. In fact the whole cabin ambiance is different tones of grey. It has been some time since I have flown Club - the last being on a 777 to Antigua in 2010. I am absolutely sure this "new" seat is smaller. We pushed back on time and as soon as the lights dimmed I, well put it this way, tried to get some sleep. It was a horrendous experience. In 35 years of aviation travel I have completed hundreds of flights and this was by far the worse - ever ! I simply could not get comfortable and drift off to sleep. The temperature was fine. Noise level was minimal. The "bed" was rock hard. To narrow. To short. The seat controls were fiddly and not user friendly. I arrived into LHR without so much as 15 minutes of sleep. I had no difficulty in sleeping on the 777 Club product - and back then I was 20 kilos heavier. This product is not cheap (On some sectors its as high as £7,000 return) - although we purchased our tickets on Avios - with a 1st Class outbound and Club return. The saving grace was a strong tail wind that shot us across the pond in 6.5 hours. I couldn't wait to get off.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by John Frewen-Lord    (UK)

A380 to Hong Kong, WT+. Wonderful plane, slept for a number of hours (which for me is all but unheard of). Food much better than I was expecting, considering that WT+ is supposed to get the same food as WT. Plane left on time and arrived early. Crew friendly - I had little call to ask them for much, but any request was quickly attended to. Return from Bangkok, incoming flight (and hence departure from BKK) delayed to ATC in UK, BA provided voucher which was more than enough for a good sized breakfast. 777 nowhere near as nice as the A380, noisy, seats less comfortable, and I got barely any sleep on this 13h flight. FAs not as attentive as going out, but no real complaints. Poor choice of entertainment on very small screen. Overall, quite good, and fair value for money in WT+.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by C Down    (UK)

A380, Club World, HKG-LHR. Overall a very good flight with BA. I had a good window seat with direct aisle access and fortunately the cabin was not particularly busy so the toilet did not cause any disturbance. I find the seat very comfortable for eating, lounging and sleeping, although a mattress topper would make sleeping even more comfortable. The half folding table is great when you just have a drink or your phone charging, but of course this has to become the table when a meal service starts so it is a shame there isn't a separate table. The inflight entertainment is excellent, I do not understand any criticism of this as the screen is large and good quality and there is a large choice of films and TV. The catering however continues to be poor with BA. While the menu sounds great and dishes generally look good, they often fall down when you actually eat them. As this was an overnight flight the meals were designed lighter and the champagne and canapés starter sounded perfect, they were however 3 limp tasteless bite sized things. This to me is BA's weakest area and they really need to improve their catering offering in order to compete with other airlines. Service from cabin crew were very good, friendly and efficient and always calling me by my name wherever they see me in the cabin.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by J Landers    (USA)

Premium Economy, pricey but of questionable value. Having flown BA long-haul twice previously in economy, we decided to pay $900 extra round-trip for World Traveller Plus. All we got for the money was legroom. Terrific, because I'm 6'3", but not worth the price. The trick to airline comfort - and there is no such thing unless you're flying business or first class - on a long-haul flight is to book the "4" section of 3-4-3 in economy, and hope that the two people beside you and your travel companion are smart enough to figure out that the quickest way to the aisle is to go across one person, not two. Let's face it, all you want from a long-haul flight are comfortable seats (and the new generation of thinner seats receives mixed reviews) and acceptable food. You expect safety and timely arrival, which depends on weather and other variables not controlled by the airline.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Guy Senior    (UK)

Austin to London on a 787. Difficult to quite place why a 787 is better but it is - noise in particular is lower. The 'enhanced' Club World is a bit longer than normal with a different colour scheme. A very good dinner and a new IFE system with lots of choice. As normal with BA, service is good. Almost a perfect flight.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Guy Senior    (UK)

A very pleasant but flawed flight to Dallas. On the plus side, a very good lunch, good drinks, lots of privacy (difficult to see fellow passengers), a very comfortable seat and an excellent crew. However, the IFE had limited choice and the second 'meal' served 8 hours after take off was a few sandwiches. Not difficult to put this right and turn good into great.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by D Choy    (UK)

LHR-SFO - Club World. I find myself nodding to the negative yet factual feedbacks of others regarding BA's premium products. Online check in and boarding were smooth and uneventful. That is it! Whoever designed the club world seat needs to have their head examined. The board that signed off on the product should be fired! The seat was narrowed with no space to put your drinks without lowering the dining table. That is just plain stupid. Having to step over another pax to get out of your seat (if seated in window) is another stupid concept! The design offers absolutely no privacy if seated in the aisle. The food was okay nothing to brag about and definitely not at the level expected to see in premium class (compared to the likes of Air France or Lufthansa). Entertainment selection were poor but better than KLM and the screen not of good size. Fly crews were ok. I ordered the beef and the pax next to me did the same. Even though my order was first, my neighbour got the last order. Fair enough, ended up with Turkey roulade, was ok. The crews were apologetic but not attentive. Having flew other carriers I can honestly say theirs little enthusiasm shown by the crew, which is a shame. Had an opportunity to look at the 1st class menu. To be frank, any carrier who does not offer caviar's in its first class cabin in my view is out with the time. Making this observation because in 2 months I will be travelling to Mexico and the price comparison between Lufthansa and BA are not far apart (former slightly less) but I suspect flying Lufthansa is likely to be more enjoyable than BA based on the experienced of this journey. Will see if the return flight might tilt the view to the (+). I would not pay the published C or F class fares on BA. The product line does not equate to the price. BA was the Waitrose and is now between Tesco or ASDA.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by David Walsh    (UK)

Flew LHR-CPH in business class on 23rd December 2014. New cabin and seats are a vast improvement and the new clean planes are good. Food was ok, with an afternoon tea. Lots of drinks offered and the flight caught up the delay on departure. Nice friendly staff too.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by R Simpson    (Australia)

My wife and I flew business class upstairs on the A380 Hong Kong to LHR, flight BA 26, on the 21/12/14, seats 51 K and J. We found the seats comfortable and the window seat was private with plenty of storage, my wife found the reverse to be true of the aisle seat, getting out of the window seat is quite tricky. We found the food to be quite tasty. We had the beef tenderloin for dinner which was cooked nicely and tasted very good. The cooked English breakfast was also good. The plane was clean and new looking and the toilets were clean and fresh. Staff service, on the whole was reasonable, however they did very little other than the main meal services, also the head FA was particularly unfriendly, bordering on rude. Will we fly BA again after our return on the 23/1/15? Maybe, if they are considerably cheaper, or Cathay Pacific are full.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by James Walters    (USA)

SAN-MUC for a conference. I hold Oneworld Sapphire status yet the BA website didn't recognize and wanted to charge me for advanced seat assignments. After several phone calls with no solution, BA finally called American Airlines to verify my status and assigned my seats in advance. Check in at SAN was cramped and disorganized. No offer to upgrade to the next class of service (biz class was only 1/4 full). Lounge was amazing! Boarded the 777-200 3 class service. The plane was outdated. No outlets to charge iPhone/iPad. PVOD screen was slightly bigger than an iPhone 6 screen. PVOD control on the inside of the seat. One slight move and the volume or channel changed. Very frustrating. The cabin crew clearly couldn't care less about the passengers. Meal service wasn't started until 2 hours after take off - very slow. Seats were hard and chipped and broken. I'll never fly the SAN-LHR route again with this equipment. I had better expectations. Turkish and ANZ premium economy are significantly better. However, I switched back to Oneworld and don't have many choices. BA needs to up their game if they expect to remain competitive in the global world. AA is even better in economy.

British Airways Customer review :  31 December 2014 by N Bhettay    (Ireland)

Really like the new business class cabins on the BA A380 (LHR-JNB) - the dimmed lighting is so civilized and much more conducive to long haul travel and getting some sleep. Why do we need to have those ridiculous lights in cabins on so bright? Chairs seem to be slimmer though and the last row practically is the first row of premium economy where all the new babies inevitably travel. Not great for business class sleeping and poor design there. Great service and food and beverages continue to be high quality, great menus, also good entertainment selection. Didn't even notice takeoff (which was delayed) as movies etc available before take off. Very good.

British Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Charlie Walker    (UK)

The TV is the worst I have ever experienced and I mean of all TVs ever, not just airline TVs! The contrast was non-existent, and the resolution appalling. It was like watching a grainy black and white picture that was so dark you had to strain your eyes to see (when the cabin lights were off, when they were on, it was impossible to see!) It wasn't just my seat, my colleagues was the same and I could see walking around the cabin that this is the standard of TVs in your cabin, not just a problem with mine. The tray table was so flimsy it was barely usable without using your knee to prop it up. The table had about a 15 degree angle on it and drinks slid off twice during my flight - it wasn't even turbulent. Power sockets on a flight originating in the UK, and run by a UK airline should be UK sockets, not US sockets! The food was adequate, but nothing special, I've had equivalent meals in economy class on other airlines, and other business class meals have far exceeded this! Furthermore, my side salad came out frozen not just a bit cold, but frozen solid! It had clearly been kept too close to the chilling unit! Finally, when the Club World cabin ran out of tonic water, there was no attempt made by the cabin crew to go and check the trolleys in a different cabin it was a case of sorry, there's none in this trolley so you can't have any. All in all, this isn't the level of service that I expect when paying nearly £3,000 for a flight. It was my first time flying Club with BA, and I had expected a level of service equivalent to business class with other airlines, how wrong I was!

British Airways Customer review :  29 December 2014 by J Scholfield    (UK)

LHR to BKK outbound on Boeing 777, SIN to LHR inbound on Boeing 747. Outbound flight delayed (which seems to happen on a regular basis for this flight) which meant a missed connection in BKK. Flight ok but the catering was ridiculous on a 11 hr sector, only 2 choices which meant they ran out of chicken after about 5 rows and everyone else had to make do with the vegetarian option. Flight back was on time, still only 2 choices of meals but the crew were excellent, very friendly and approachable. The IFE was very limited compared to the Middle Eastern carriers and BA really do need to up their game if they're to compete with Emirates, Etihad and Qatar on these routes. It's also much easier to fly with those airlines if you are from any part of the UK other than London and the Southeast of England, as BA only do long haul from LHR and LGW.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Steven Miller    (UK)

British Airways are not interested in providing normal business class comforts and cuisine or even lounges on some routes. The Cancun route and the Nassau routes I have flown recently show this clearly as they are presumably are not bothered with little or no competition at all. This saddens me that they have made a clear decision that on holiday type routes, they will provide the absolute minimum on everything. One example that shows how pathetic it has become with cutbacks out of many problems I encountered on these routes, is that the food was so awful on the Cancun flight recently, that we merely asked for cheese and biscuits in business class, to be told that we could only have one packet of two biscuits each as BA only allocated one packet per person. The staff all agree that this was pathetic! No lounges at both these airports either and queuing of business class and economy all together no attempt to really show you paid extra for your ticket.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by M Gavin    (UK)

Flew GLA-LHR-JFK return trip on 3rd December, returned on 8th. Domestic flight was excellent both ways, the new cabin is lovely, breakfast was very good, cabin crew very professional. LHR-JFK sector was excellent. Although the 747 cabin is extremely worn, the aircraft are being replaced in due course. The crew were very attentive and provided plenty of drinks, the meal was lovely too. On the way back the turbulence was severe and there were a lot of frightened passengers, the crew were very calm and reassuring and helped ease anxieties round the cabin.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by H Kieran    (UK)

Flew with BA back in June from London Heathrow (LHR) - Rome (FCO), outbound in Club Europe return in Economy. Outbound flight on an A321 in business, great service, relaxing and comfortable, improved greatly being addressed by name by the crew who were very funny and friendly, great food and drinks on flight leaving London at 8:30 in the morning. Return on a 767 in Economy, great service and very relaxing, brilliant food and drink even in Economy and once again friendly crew and brilliant seats. After a few trips over the months it appears BA is definitely improving with such brilliant service!

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Robert Wright    (UK)

TPA - LGW on Dec 10th in PE. BA have total monopoly on the London/Tampa rout, and don't they know it. I fly this about every six weeks or so, normally in Club World but sometimes in Premium just due to the huge price variance. The quality of the planes on this route, but more importantly the service and staff attitude are way below the standard you would expect, and this trip was no exception. Old plane, miserable arrogant staff and poor service. I pray every time I fly that another carrier will take up a slot at Tampa, as it's a growing airport, and when they do BA will definitely lose my business, and I suspect, many others.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LHR-Washington on a 777-200. Trip got off to a good start in the BA Concorde 1st Class lounge. Nice champagne and a nice quiet ambiance which I like. The place is starting to show signs of wear and tear - with sagging seat cushions. Plane was latest 1st Class and there was only 7 passengers including my wife and I. It seemed a little larger than the 1st, I travelled on a month ago on an A380. Maybe it was because of the hideous centre console (that houses he folding table) was smaller - rather than take up half the space. To start we had a small "appetizer" (an Amuse Bouche) which was absolutely hideous. A sort of grilled cheese with burnt bits on it and some sort of couscous. It was foul and we left the lot. Both had a langoustine starter which was ok. The mushrooms with it was wet and horrible texture to the mouth. The soup we both had was nice. My cod dish was very good. My wife said the steak two ways was ok. The braised part she did not eat. Wines all ok. Service from the FAs was fine. In terms of overall quality BA really fail consistently to deliver. As a matter of curiosity I sourced the on way price the day before we left; £5,543 - one way. Its an insane price and if I paid that I would be furious as to the product I experienced. Travelling in 1st is only worth it on "sale" offers or Avios. We are travelling back in Club as in my experienced the slightly shorter flight home in First, is not worth the money or the Avios. So disappointing. BA really are clueless when it comes to understanding "quality".

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Tony Banwait    (USA)

SFO-LHR-SFO in Premium Economy in December 2014. Outbound flight - an older 747-400 showing signs of age. Crew not too friendly and were not seen after dinner service. Only one drink offered. Quite impressed with dinner, filet of beef which I believe was from Club menu. Breakfast sadly was a cold croissant and jam. Return flight much better with attentive crew. Double dose of drink was a nice start. Again, served a filet of beef from Club menu which was very good. Older 747-400s need retiring very soon. Premium economy seats are ok but get cramped after a few hours of sitting.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Balaz    (USA)

LHR to MIA on 12/8/2014. Pros: Lighting, window blinds, large TV, personal storage, PJs and food. Cons: Seat does not conform to lounge chair without activation of sleeper section. No bedding provided except used throw pillow from last seating. Four middle seats crowd the area too much. Bathroom very small. Cabin was very, very dirty. Advise, fly AA 777 or 77W on same route.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Waddell Ian    (UK)

London-Prague-London. Smart new-looking A320 from T3, which was nice. Early flight so no delays, ahead of the ATC cock-up that day. Good crew there and back, on time and generally excellent service. The one thing which places BA apart from Easyjet (I won't even mention Ryanair) is the speed of cabin service because no money changes hands. On Easyjet the trolley makes glacial progress down the aisle whereas on BA things move much more quickly.

British Airways Customer review :  22 December 2014 by G Tonge    (UK)

Very satisfactory flight with British Airways from London to Bangkok. Was expecting the worst having read some of the reviews on here. I had one of the window seats where you don't have to climb over somebody to get out and this seat compared favourably with some of the higher ranked airlines as it offers excellent privacy. Everything from check in to departure was seamless and apart from the AVOD which is pretty dated, everything else on board was very satisfactory.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by R Simon    (Austria)

VIE-LHR on Nov 29 on an Airbus 320 in Economy - straightforward evening point to point flight with a mixed fleet crew. Flight departed on time and landed ahead of time in Heathrow which is a rare thing these days. No luggage to check and web check-in was working fine. Plane featured the new slim seats which are a step back in both comfort and legroom. Mixed fleet FA's were pleasant, however the service was not particularly well organized. It took them quite some time for the service to start and it took more than 30 minutes to get a drink after the sandwich has been served. On the other hand, the bacon sandwich was actually good and full bar service was offered. Other than the “required service” of sandwich, drink and duty free, the crew was pretty much in hiding mode. Service not quite up to usual BA standards. BA uses a shared lounge in VIE, which this time was quite busy but not overcrowded. Lounge as such is acceptable, but far from great. Still believe that BA offers one of the best economy products on the European market and flying them is in general a pleasant experience. (Oneworld Sapphire).

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by T Hanan    (Germany)

MAN-LHR-ZRH and return. Very smooth online check-in and seat selection. Lightly loaded flights, so I ended up with an empty seat next to me on every leg of the journey. The catering was pretty basic, the usual crisps, biscuits or nuts, but a full complimentary bar. Every flight was on time or early - when the return flight arrived at LHR ahead of schedule, they even agreed to rebook me on an earlier connection to MAN, which then also arrived early at MAN. All in all, an impressive experience.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S Scott    (UK)

Great experience on BA, Glasgow to Prague via Heathrow, outbound 3/12/14, inbound 6/12/14. Immaculate refurbished aircraft, seats very comfortable. Great breakfast, unexpected, from Glasgow and tasty filling sandwiches on the Prague flights. Only quibble is very scanty snack on evening flight back to Glasgow. Very good value package city break to Prague from Glasgow.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by A Chan    (Australia)

Flew return (LHR to LAX) on the A380. Condition of the aircraft is good as the aircraft is new. BA had first, business and economy on the main deck and business, premium economy and economy on the upper deck. This was good as it avoided the vast spaces which could make the cabin look like cattle class. The food service was acceptable and has not changed much (except for the smaller portion) from which I first flew with BA about 15 years ago. Service was delivered in a professional and timely manner. The downside was the seat design. BA is trying to fit a remote control, video screen, tray table and storage space all on the seat back. This makes the tray table and video screen far too small (back to sizes that I experienced back in the 90s). This made the travel experience felt like cattle class as the seat dimension is typical economy seat size. All other airlines have improved the travel experience by improving the economy seat design. The worst experience was on the return leg when a passenger absolutely refused to put his seat upright during the dinner service and this was after I asked him repeatedly. This resulted in my tray sloping down and the dinner tray and tray table hitting my stomach. The cabin crew just shrug me off when I asked him to ask the "gentleman" to put up his seat for just 10 minutes. Come on there is a big difference between good service (not upsetting customers) and just avoiding difficult situations.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by L Jarvis    (Australia)

JFK-LHR, B747. Brilliant flight - namely because of the flight attendants. They were really friendly - not hurried in what they were doing and seemed genuine. The product on this older 747 wasn't great. It was nice having the extra room and smaller cabin in Premium Economy - but the TV screen was tiny and you could tell it was just an out of date aircraft and needed updating! Food was absolutely excellent - beautiful lamb cutlet and beef cheek - best food I've had on an aircraft. Quick flight - reasonably comfortable and would definitely fly again!

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Smith    (USA)

I cannot believe that BA calls their plane from Austin to London a "Dreamliner". I'm sitting in their so called "club world" which is the equivalent to Americans business class and this plane is awful! There is no room to put anything at all. Everything, and I mean everything goes in storage. You are literally looking straight at the person next to you. Attendants are rude. Don't waste your money. While its nice to go non-stop between Austin and London this will be the last time I ever take this flight.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Boone Pieter    (Netherlands)

AMS-LHR-JNB and CPT-LHR-AMS in club. 767 between Amsterdam and London is just wonderful, Love the front cabin. A380 to JNB. This was a late departure. I could see - from the lounge - the A380 arrive at the stand some 30 minutes prior to boarding, obviously arriving late from another destination and even though it doesn't require a lot of inside-knowledge to see that such a plane can not be 'turned around' in 60 minutes. However, BA did not feel there would be a delay until it called all it's premium passengers from the lounge and had them lined up in 4 separate lanes in front of the counter, then announcing a delay of 15, then 30, then 45 minutes: How to get your most appreciated customers furious, never hear so many complaints on an airline even before the flight started: terrible ground management: not a good start. Upperdeck club seating is absolutely wonderful and this plane is so quiet that you can hear everything. Never realized how much snoring is going on at night, first time I had to use earplugs. Food was just terrible and how BA gets away with having pepper and salt in the cheapest of the cheapest sachets just baffles me. The flight to Jo'burg was obviously done by the more senior crew who have incredible charm, wit and the most entertaining sense of humor. That opposed to the 'new crew' on the way back from Cape Town. Old 747, with spacious seating, all fine. Crew stressed, running all the time, no manners, no sense of class and definitely no sense of humor. Food was slightly better on this long flight, but way below any other European carrier I flew. It was my first time in club on BA, I love the seat, very comfortable for sleeping. There is a lack of space to put your stuff but other than that: a really nice product. BA lounges definitely stand out in the level of catering (food). Transfer at LHR T 5 was quick and easy, but terminal itself is a tacky shopping mall and how - so soon after being delivered as new - half of it was blocked for remodelling. My return to Amsterdam on a new A319 was great. Good breakfast and seating is fine.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by R King    (UK)

Travelled JFK - LHR, late November. The Concorde Room: very nice indeed, food not that good for once. Seat 1K: fine, comfortable enough but no space at all for small things - even the wardrobe had no storage space. Just room for the coat and shoes below. This compares with American Airlines Business Class which had essentially the same seat, loads of storage space and good privacy. AA Business class is equivalent to BA First Class. The service was fantastic as always with BA. Cup of tea excellent and breakfast good. Toiletries bag was fine with all the items needed. Toilet a bit naff for First Class. Value for money simply because the deal I got was really good - BA always do deals late November. Otherwise it would have been poor value. However AA are preferred - BA do not have WiFi.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Tom Gleinser    (USA)

We flew "Business/1st class" from London to Dublin and then Berlin to London recently on an Airbus A-130 (like a 737). Three seats on a side. The only thing different from coach was they put a tray table over the center seat. The seats were as cramped as Southwest airlines. The service was excellent, but the seats made it a bad deal.

British Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by H Blackhall    (UK)

LGW-TFS in November 2014. Flight left Gatwick at about 0900hrs to arrive Tenerife at 1340 hours. We were served a croissant and cereal bar plus coffee and a yoghurt at about 1000hrs. No further trolley service at all during this four and a half hour flight. On the return leg leaving Tenerife at 1415hrs we were served a wrap and a cheese roll with either drink from the bar or hot drink. The drinks were served after the meal. No further trolley service. The seating configuration was tight to say the least and I am 5'8. This felt like a budget airline flight. The Captain asked us to enjoy British Airways hospitality!

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by J Turunen    (UK)

LHR-HEL Club Europe / HEL-LHR Economy. Club has improved a lot. Great service from staff. Greeting you by your name. However, the food was just cold cuts and salad - dessert thin slices of fruit. The new seats are not very comfortable but I sat in the first row so had ample leg room. Not sure if worth a full fare but as a part miles ticket it was enjoyable. The return in economy was fine. Again the new seats are not comfortable - much prefer the old ones although the cabin does look very nice. In economy you were served a sandwich and drinks including beer. I fly the same route regularly in Finnair and BA is a superior service. The flight attendants did a good job. Not overly friendly but quite attentive. The lounge at LHR terminal 3 is ok but breakfast was pretty bad. Egg muffins with no taste at all - do recommend Club Europe but only when not paying top fare.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Robert Davidson    (UK)

BGI-LGW Premium Economy August 2014. Silver Tier Status. Older plane with older version of BA PE seat. Adequate leg room though. Cabin crew barely visible for the 8 hour flight and quite short tempered when they served dinner and breakfast. On BA website, PE meals advertised as being a choice of two dishes off the Business menu. We were definitely served an Economy meal for dinner, which was fairly average. Breakfast before we landed in LGW consisted of a hard cold croissant with jam and fresh orange with tea/coffee. At the end of an 8 hour flight this was really disappointing and I would have been disappointed with this in Economy never mind PE. When I asked a flight attendant about this, I was treated abysmally. Overall, it is not worth paying extra for PE taking into account the poor standard of meals but especially the lack of courtesy and basic manners shown by cabin crew.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Jones    (UK)

Amsterdam for two nights on business. Used BA. I have to say that their economy Euro product is good and covers all angles for smooth and efficient journey. Check in at LHR T5 takes seconds and security minutes. The aircraft was the early-bird and was full. Breakfast snack and tea served minutes after take off. Even a tea refill offered. Good value for money too.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Vivienne Pinnell    (UK)

LHR to Seattle return in WT+, a thoroughly enjoyable experience on each journey. Both flights more or less on time with excellent crew on both legs, very attentive and cheerful, with plenty of drink runs and quite tasty meals. Entertainment quite good with a huge choice of movies, TV and music,. On arrival into Seatac I was through immigration and customs with my luggage and in my limo in under an hour. On arrival into Heathrow terminal 5 it took about the same amount of time. I've been flying this route for the past twenty five years, on average two to three times a year, and BA is certainly the best airline flying to Seattle.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Bell Neill    (USA)

LAX-LHR-LAX, on the A380.The first thing I noticed: You can no longer upgrade with Avios. Unlike the days of BA Miles, any attempt just brings up "No Availability" or the web-site simply tries to make you buy an upgrade. Not a good start. Next up, at LAX the plane was a good hour late arriving. Finally boarded and the flight was OK. Food was from the Club World menu (WTP), seating fine, enough wine, good IFE but then, landing late at LHR, a delay because "An airbus was at our spot". Next, the airbridge will not work, followed by, an airbus is in our spot. Over 35 minutes wasted, sitting there with children bullying passengers. If the pilot wishes to lie, please be consistent. Route back, all quite normal but I feel somehow, BA have thrown the baby out with the bath water. As a share holder, I prefer discounts to dividends which are doubtful ad I preferred using miles to upgrade (try finding flights from the US you can book with "Avios" and finally, why did that pilot lie to all of us, sat there waiting to park? Time to stop collecting miles, change credit cards and look for an honest airline I feel.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Neil Balter    (USA)

Phoenix to London - outbound a wonderful and enjoyable experience. The problem we had started on our return flight home. We boarded the plane and were disappointed to find out that we were in the old style first class. After being in the new cabin on the way out the old configuration is very run down and there was a rip in the seat. I was attempting to work but when I went to plug in my laptop battery I found that there was no adapter for me to use. Since I could no longer work I decided to put a movie on. The tiny screen in the old first class was just pathetic. The flight attendants did their absolute best to make up for the issues and I give them high marks for trying as hard as they possibly could to accommodate me. I decided to walk to the back and visit a friend who was also on the flight. You can imagine my surprise when I saw him sitting in business class with a TV screen bigger than mine, a plug for his laptop, and a new seat. At this point it became obvious to me that the rest of the cabin, both coach and business class, had been upgraded. It doesn't make sense to me. Just when we thought it could not get any worse, we landed in Phoenix to face another issue. We waited 45 minutes for our bags before being told that our luggage was still in London. We've flown on this flight before and had the same issue of our luggage not being on the plane. The difference is that we were informed before landing that our baggage hadn't made it and that they would have it delivered directly to our home. Well this time nobody informed us so we stood there waiting for 45 minutes at the baggage claim before we were told.

British Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by I Lancaster    (UK)

LHR to IST in economy. Excellent! I thought it was a new A320, but FA told me it was not new, it was refurbished. Well done BA on a good re-design: new lighting, seats, clever seat-back storage etc. I believe they've reduced the economy seat pitch, but the design is such that you don't notice. Dinner was served on this evening flight - a very tasty Chicken curry with cheese/crackers and chocolate mousse desert. A very decent meal for a 4-hour flight in economy. FAs were courteous and efficient. The only negative was security at LHR T5, where there was a long delay because of installation of new machines and security alert that morning.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Vincent Borlaug    (USA)

BA216 from Washington to London in World Traveller Plus on BA's new A380 (upper level) - one of the smoothest, quietest flights I've experienced in 45 years of flying. Practically everything went off perfectly - less jet noise than on other aircraft, decent food, great leg-room and seat width, a relaxing cabin layout and a top-notch cabin crew (no rating for entertainment since apart from the flight tracker I don't use it) - even the boarding and disembarkation, despite being on two levels, seemed more orderly than in the past on other aircraft. A success all round.