British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Christine Coombes    (UK)

I feel as though I am the only traveller in the world who has not enjoyed the experience on the Dreamliner. I've travelled with BA for the past 30 years. When on business I travel business class and when on personal travel it varies between economy and club - depending on distance and budget. This year I travelled to Toronto on vacation and were assigned economy seats on the new Dreamliner. We chose not to upgrade seats as the Dreamliner blurb gushed about seat space. How foolish we were. At just 5'7" and 5'4" respectively, we are not in any way, shape or form giants. But the absolute honest truth is we were squashed in tight. The restricted space was possibly not so much the leg room but the seat width - but letting the table down for food/drink was snug. Outside of the seat space issue everything else was superb. Inflight entertainment equipment was familiar, easy to use. Boarding in UK and Toronto was smooth and helpful ground staff were always visible and proactive in offering and helping passengers. Entertainment itself was varied and instantly accessed. Food was reasonable. Drinks were available with meals and upon request. Crew were unfailingly polite, professional and impeccable.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Donna Burchett    (USA)

IAH-LHR, B747 which was old but sat upstairs and it made it very pleasant. They charged $129 extra to reserve a business class seat in the upper deck. Do not care for the seating of one seat forward and one backwards. The food was terrible and they did not really want to serve any drinks unless they had too. Felt like I was in economy. Nuts were in a bag and breakfast was not much better. Flight attendants not very friendly.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by T Harvey    (Canada)

YVR-LHR-AMS. An uneventful journey with BA but their Boeing 747 from Vancouver was a flashback to the 1990's. Dated interior with cold colours, old seats that recline practically into your face making the already cramped space even more uncomfortable - you could also occasionally feel the person's knees pushing into the back of your own seat. The in-flight entertainment was equally old with a blurry screen and limited choice of entertainment. The cabin crew were courteous and friendly. Arrival and transfer in BA's Terminal 5 was very smooth and relaxing. The connecting flight to Amsterdam was a modern Airbus A319 with bright and comfortable interior/seating. Unless BA revamp their ageing 747 fleet, consider fly with Virgin, Air Canada or even Air Transat for the Vancouver-London route.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

Have just completed four flights with British Airways all in Economy and all long-haul. Two were on the A380, one on the B787 and the fourth on a refurbished B777. So they all had the new seat. I find it comfortable although never seem to get the headrest really right. The seats are narrow and on busy flights your neighbours can be rather close. At 1.83m the leg room and spacing was fine although some seats do have restrictions with the entertainment system. The 380 and 787 are very quiet which makes the toilets sound nosier should you be near them. On the upper deck of the 380 the overhead bin space in the back economy section is woefully inadequate. I'm sure it was never planned for economy seating. Food ok - my special meals came as ordered. Flights on time or early and staff helpful and pleasant. Heathrow T5 can be a problem depending on when you travel and the main section (A) can get very busy as people wait to learn the gate details.

British Airways Customer review :  4 December 2014 by J Dob    (USA)

British Airways for some reason was incapable of seating me next to my husband during our recent 8 hour flight. We made the reservation many months ago, attempted several times to select seats and were told we could not do so in advance, but needed to wait until we got to the airport. This was our first time flying with them, and every other airline we have ever flown has allowed us to sit together. It is usually assumed that if we are married, and making the reservation together at the same time using one credit card, and paying a lot for the trip, that we actually want to sit next to each other. When we tried to change our seats to be together, all representatives said being separated was typical. Which is strange, because then you have a plane full of families that have been physically separated for no apparent reason. While it's always fun to meet new strangers, we will not be flying with British Airways again.

British Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Worcester David    (UK)

LCA-LHR in Club Europe. Decided to check a bag in to see how T5 baggage arrivals performed. Pleasant check-in experience. Security marred by a family carrying unrevealed bottles and liquids that was a field day for the security staff and simply a pain for the rest of us queuing behind them. The Cyprus airways lounge whilst much better than its predecessor is still third rate, with a poor selection of food and wine and on this occasion, overcrowded. Wandered to the gate in good time for boarding to be confronted by a flotilla of wheelchair-bound passengers, all of whom get ultra priority boarding. So boarding took longer, despite the fact that whilst Business class was almost full, economy wasn't. On-board service was ok. Hot towels, no menus, drinks and a 3 course meal, salad, main, dessert or cheese, but somehow the service was not as impressive as my outbound. Queue longer to get through the e-passport channel than the regular immigration route, but at least arriving in the baggage hall, our bag was on the carousel. All in all a satisfactory flight.

British Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by M McDermott    (UK)

Travelled First Class - RUH to EDI via LHR. Stress-free, luxurious and totally pleasant experience. The cabin crew were well-turned out, friendly and welcoming and they maintained a quiet professional air that reassured me as I'm not the most confident flyer.

British Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by C Down    (UK)

LHR-HKG, B777, Club World. I was lucky enough to book a window seat at the back of the club world cabin which meant that I had direct aisle access without stepping over someone else's feet, or them mine, and my meals did not need to be passed over the person next to me. I found the seat very comfortable, and while it is slightly narrower than others it has a lot of flexibility with the foot stool and the reclining options. The backward/forward facing seats is not ideal, although did not upset me as much as others. As I was travelling with a friend, the potentially awkward intimacy was not an issue. IFE was excellent with a large, good quality screen and an extensive library of films and TV. Food was fairly disappointing, possibly hindered by an hour delay on departure, although really they should be resilient to that. Drinks and service were both very good, British Airways offer a very efficient and professional service although it is not always overtly friendly. Personally I like this, but it could be seen as a negative depending on peoples expectations. Galleries Lounge in LHR T5 was excellent. Peaceful and comfortable with a good selection of drinks and reasonable food. Overall it was a solid product, and one which I look forward to flying again. BA do need to improve their catering on board in order to compete better with other airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Balaji Krishnamoorthy    (UK)

London to Istanbul and return - Economy Class. The seats were leather and comfortable, staff polite beautiful service. Food was delicious and the Drinks served was nice. I always liked BA's wine selection and they proved it again. There were no individual TV's but they did play a movie on both the flights, so that killed time. Boeing 767 flight have enough leg space. A happy on time flight with good service. Always satisfied with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by L Cameron-Lewis    (Canada)

Check-in in Toronto was OK, no fast track was apparent, although it was purportedly offered. Lounge in YYZ was nice, pre-flight dinner was just about OK, with modest quality wines offered. Chose an Aisle seat YYZ-LHR, bad idea. Seats are incredibly narrow, not quite wide enough for my shoulders. Tried to sleep, but not possible with in-flight staff constantly leaning across me, lowering the partition and speaking to the Window Seat passenger, who appeared to be a BA staff member who was determined to drink all night. Didn't eat dinner, but breakfast was adequate. Decided on a window seat for the return LHR-YYZ. Bad idea again! Very claustrophobic. During the entire flight I managed to get one small glass of champagne, it was very good. Thereafter, no matter how many times I pressed my call button, no one came, thus nothing more to drink, other than a glass of red wine with my dinner. No offers of cognac or liqueurs. Dinner ingredients were clearly good and well chosen, but everything was so overcooked, it was inedible. When I say over-cooked I mean grey vegetables that disintegrated on your fork and meat that was so dry and stringy that it was actually really unpleasant. Hadn't flown BA for a number of years, and being a Brit, thought it would be a pleasant change from Air Canada on this route. It was a change, but not a pleasant one. It's back to AC for me. Their business class is way better than this experience. Perhaps I was just unfortunate. On the plus side, the aircraft was immaculately clean, clearly quite new, and the inbound flight was spot on time.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by J Rodder    (UK)

London City to Florence. LCY is a great, stress free airport. On time flight, great crew and a really good economy service. We expected the usual BA biscuit or snack but were served a tasty couscous and chicken salad with dessert with plenty of drinks. BA offers a good product from LCY.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Business    (Thailand)

HKG-LHR-Bergen: Stockholm-LHR-HKG - A380 on long haul/A319 for short haul. I always like the forward Club cabin on BA's A380 Upper Deck despite the 7-across seating making it seem a bit cramped. Short delay to outward sector due to technical problems some of which had not been ironed out on take off. The screen dividers, IFE and then the seat reclines had problems and required resetting. It was an hour before these were sorted out. My main concern on long-haul is merely sleep. The Qantas lounge in HKG is excellent and so no need to have dinner in flight. Also skipped breakfast as there is an excellent one in the Arrivals lounge. With BA having cancelled the morning flight to Bergen about 5 months after I booked my ticket, I was stuck with a lengthy 12-hour connection. En route to Bergen, the service for just 10 Club passengers was poor - way below expectations. With only 12 meals boarded of which 6 were a fish curry that no-one wanted (curry on a Norway flight?), 4 of us were stuck with sandwiches from the back. No tea or coffee service unless specifically requested. Return to LHR from Stockholm was a huge improvement. Friendly service, quick drinks service and tasty lunch. Slept most of the way back to HKG again deciding not to eat or watch any IFE. In that respect, the flight was excellent.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by John Geoffrey Pierson    (USA)

NBO-LHR, Club world and LHR-BOS in economy: generally a pleasant and comfortable experience. I have difficulty reconciling our positive experiences with the negative comments about flight attendants in other posts here. As we boarded in Nairobi, the purser welcomed us by name and said how pleased they were to have us back again on BA. Before take-off from London, a flight attendant offered the third person in our row a different seat, leaving my wife and me with a vacant seat between us. In all cases, attendants were helpful, cheerful and efficient. Obviously in Club World staff have more time to spend with passengers. With the exception of the late night dinner out of Nairobi, we were impressed with the meal selection and quality. Flights were on time; checked baggage arrived in good condition. Agree that having to pay to reserve seats (if you are not of sufficient One World status) is disappointing. Generally, we remain very pleased with British Air, certainly the best One World option to Europe and beyond from Boston.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Ronca David    (USA)

Can't say anything negative about British Air. Our flight was cancelled in Philadelphia due to mechanical problems. They put us up in a quality hotel, gave us meal vouchers and kept us informed of the flight status, gave us an extra day at the hotel since it was a late flight. I missed my connection to Dubai had to wait at Heathrow for 6 hrs. Missed 2 days of work, but can't get angry they did all they could and would fly BA again.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by G Arnold    (UK)

I had not flown BA long-haul for over 30 years before this flight. I flew YVR-LHR as the final sector of a round- the-world trip, and I have to say I will not be in a hurry to repeat the experience. The 747-436 looked tired and ready for a refit or the breakers yard. The seat was the most uncomfortable economy seat I have ever sat in, despite the headrest 'wings' which are a nice feature. The lower part of the seat backs are fibre, not hard plastic, enabling the passenger behind to put their knees into the small of your back. this happened frequently throughout our bumpy flight. The cabin service was lacklustre and the breakfast unappetizing. Its a shame that our national carrier has such a mediocre product, compared with Emirates or Air NZ. If I was a teacher, I would mark BA as 'can do better'.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by D Jover    (Australia)

Recently flew with British Airways on Europe trip. One of our flights was delayed due to fog in London so we missed our connecting flight to Paris. Had to stand in a queue for over three hours waiting to be reallocated another flight. Only 3 staff serving 200 people. Not even water was offered to people waiting in this long queue. Awful customer service, would not recommend to anyone.

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Alan Mackenzie    (Denmark)

CPH-LHR-CPH, October 2014. Air travel just keeps getting better. The latest boon on BA is the mobile phone boarding pass app. Wonderful. No more searching for a printer, making life so much easier. Well done BA!

British Airways Customer review :  25 November 2014 by D Thomas    (UK)

Rating 2/10

On past experience, I chose BA for our long haul return flight to South America from the UK. Not until I got to the payment stage did I realise that of the 4 flights only one short flight to Madrid was actually on a BA plane. The others were with Iberia Airways. I understand that flight operators have to partner with other agencies, but you would expect then that they would adhere to standards expected of the original operator. Standards were very poor. No inflight entertainment on a 12 and 13 hour flight. Poor food and on the last leg of the journey, we were even expected to pay for our food. What is this a budget airline at full blown prices? Again on this last leg, the toilets weren't flushing! So at oyr destination they were almost full. My advice would be check who you're actually flying with.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Gordon Wheeler    (UK)

Just completed a return trip to Hong Kong on the A380 which is a magnificent aircraft. The crew, food and inflight entertainment were good. We travelled economy and paid an extra 140 to reserve 2 seats on the upper deck. We found the seats uncomfortable and when the person in front reclined their seat you were trapped. Leg room was restricted by the video box. We were sat 2 rows from the toilet which were nearly constantly in use and the noise from the toilet flush was an irritating. The inflight entertainment just kept me sane as I found it impossible to be comfortable.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by G Brown    (Australia)

First time with BA (a code share flight for JAL). Travelled NRT-LHR and return (BA5/BA6) on B777 in CW. Seats are designed in an S shape. This means that half the passengers fly backwards! Seats lie flat but a foot rest has to released from the wall to put your feet/legs on. Width of seats is poor and I found the seating cramped. Service was excellent both ways, food good with plenty of drinks and snacks on offer. Very hard to get to storage bin to put your stuff into. One small gripe, a 12 hour flight needs more than one meal and a light "breakfast". Lounge in Narita good standard, but in Heathrow very basic.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Mun Keat David    (Singapore)

BA16, Singapore to London. B777 World Traveller cabin. One of the most comfortable economy class flights I have had despite the fact the seating was on the more cramped side. The ambience of the cabin was very calming and soothing and the service from the young crew members enthusiastic, pleasant and courteous. Managed to sleep 6 hours, made the 13 hour shorter. Food was delicious and water runs in between meals very helpful to keep us hydrated. Compared to Air France which is self service, appreciated that BA crew does the water runs. One complaint is the entertainment system which featured touch screen did not work on my seat but small matter. Overall a very relaxing soothing pleasant smooth flight made the 13 hours fly by quickly. This is my new favorite airline to London and offers great value for money compared to Singapore Airlines.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Worcester David    (UK)

LHR-LCA in Club Europe. The First class lounge at T5 was fairly busy but we managed to get a table in the dining area for a late breakfast. My eggs benedict was a poor second to my friends self serve full English. We boarded straight away and magazines, hot towels and menus were offered before push back. Drinks and nuts were served before lunch. The crew serving the right hand aisle were excellent. Band 4 meal consisting of a salad, choice of 2 mains and cheese or dessert. My chicken supreme was excellent, served with gnocchi. Drinks refills always at hand. An excellent flight. Well done BA.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Sears    (UK)

LHR LAX, Club World, A380 return a week later LAX-LHR on 773 in First. Outbound left almost on time, excellent considering a full large aircraft. Food and drinks service speedy, an improvement on a year ago when the A380 entered service and lunch took 3 hours start to end! Opted for lower deck front row middle two seats -perfect for friends, not so much for strangers. Prefer lower deck on outbound due to the middle seats and high ceilings / wide aisles. Feels very spacious. Arrival at LAX improved and staff were very pro active in splitting ESTA and non and passengers and getting people through as quickly as possible. Return flight outstanding. First lounge not yet open, however used Business Lounge and was quiet with excellent service. Priority boarding and walked to seat. CSM introduced himself and explained that only 8 out 14 seats booked (rarity on this route) and as such had two seats each! Middle seats for dining and sleeping, then moved back to windows for breakfast and landing. Food and service very attentive never a wait for anything, had to start turning down drinks. Washbags had not been loaded at Heathrow and sleeping suit size not available, but given Club washbag and as a gesture the crew gave a bottle of Grand Siecle to take away worth far more than a couple of wash bags! Could not fault the three cabin crew serving, landed on time and bags were at carousel before us. Can't wait to fly First to Singapore next year and compare the A380 service.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

SFO-LHR-DXB and return DXB-LHR-DEN outbound in premium economy, return in business. Positives were all flights on time and crews were overall great on all sectors. Was able to upgrade return at check in at DXB for about $1000 which I thought was worth it. I was not too impressed with WTP product - I still had to pay to get assigned seats which is ridiculous when you are paying extra anyway. The 747 the product looks old and tired. Menu is the same as economy even though they advertise that catering includes a business class entree. Catering out of LHR was absolutely atrocious - almost like a TV dinner which is strange as this is their main hub. Return in Club world was a decent product. Lounge had hot breakfast and was quite big and food onboard was reasonable. Second meal service (high tea) was a joke with pre-packaged sandwiches - not too classy. Overall an okay experience but leagues behind EK/SQ/CX. Not sure when European airlines, when, if ever will catch up.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Eric Martin    (France)

Flew with my wife LHR-JNB, BA055 on an A380, October 31st and back JNB-LHR, BA056, November 15th in Business Class. British Airways has invented "High Density Business Class" or "Sardines Business Class". 8 abreast on the main deck and 7 abreast on the upper deck, this cabin configuration is very strange. To be fair, the seat itself is comfortable enough to be able to sleep, but it is so narrow that you have almost nothing to store any belongings. You are facing your neighbour, and if you seat on a middle seat, the access to the aisle is not easy at all. You have no view outside except if you have a window seat. You have the impression of flying in a submarine! On the other hand, if you are a little bit claustrophobic, fly the competitors. The IFE is OK, the screen is large enough, but the film selection is under average. The service is good, food and beverage OK. To summarize, as long as BA proposes (very) attractive fare (that was the case) I will fly again BA, if not, I will fly the competitors.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by R Schroeder    (UK)

LHR-MAD, Club Europe, A320, Seat 2A, 15.25 hrs departure: Newly refurbished cabin looked very classy in dark brown leather. Crew was excellent was start to finish. However, those new seats are a catastrophe. There is not enough leg room, they hardly recline and it's not possible work on a laptop. That's in Business Class. It is just like Easyjet seating, but with a business fare price tag. Food consisted of some finger sandwiches and a scone with jam. Really? The flight gets in just before 19.00 hrs local time. Wouldn't a light dinner be more appropriate? Terrible, disappointing experience. These new seats have to go and food must improve.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Kari Strouse    (USA)

MIA-LHR-BKK round trip, club world, three 777 and one 747. Check-in wait time is short for all flights. Fast pass through passport control and or security at Heathrow and Bangkok a big time-saver. Priority boarding smooth and relatively fast. Miami lounge shared with other airlines but excellent selection of comfortable seating, food and drink. Heathrow lounges food offerings lacking. Small Bangkok lounge serviceable but Wi-Fi was down. Cabin service in general good with fairly attentive staff. I did however receive an unprofessional and snide comment about ordering a fourth Kir Royale on my last leg despite the fact that there were six hours left in the flight and I was not showing any signs of drunkenness. I did not pay $8500 to be insulted by cabin crew. Food over the four flights was inconsistent ranging from tasty to inedible. IFE showed the same movies on all four flights despite the fact that I flew in two different markets and my return was a full month after outbound flight. As I am only 5'3" tall the seat was more than adequate though I could see how taller people would have a problem with it. Also I find it ridiculous that you must pay to choose your seat more than 24 hours before flight. Aisle seats are preferable as those on the inside must climb over the feet of the aisle passenger to get out into the aisle. Good overall experience except for a few pointed gaffes. On the fence as to whether the price is worth it.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Hemsley Paul    (UK)

Dallas Fort Worth, Texas to London Heathrow, BA 192, 7th November 2014. Economy yes but rude staff, poor food, and uncomfortable seats. I travel with many airlines and used to enjoy BA, so what's gone wrong.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Teoh    (Australia)

LHR-VIE in Club Europe on A320. Plane was an ex-BMI aircraft so it still had the old seats, which are wider than the refurbished aircraft. Aircraft was clean and well-maintained. Good amount of legroom in row 1. Priority boarding honoured. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Seat was comfortable. On-board catering reasonably good with champagne offered. Flight was on time. Luggage delivered with priority. No IFE offered. Happy to fly with BA again if price remains competitive.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Paesen Yves    (Belgium)

AMS-LHR-JNB,JNB-LHR-AMS, all flights on time, very clean and new aircraft, staff very friendly and nice food. LHR- JNB flights on A380, fantastic aircraft, inflight entertainment very good with music and movies. I would fly British Airways definitely again.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D Nolan    (Ireland)

Travelled to and from India recently in Club World. Outbound to Hyderabad and return from Mumbai. Outbound we had the 787 which is a nice plane to travel on when in Club World. It was definitely helped by the fact that the cabin was only 40% full. I was surprised that they had only loaded one of the cold options as a main meal. Not what you would expect from a full service airline. On the return from Mumbai, flew on a 777 which is showing its age. The crew were very distant and far from warm. The hot dish for breakfast (a frittata) was tasteless and given that this was the main meal for the flight (due to time of departure) was disappointing. I agree with previous reports that the more experienced crew are more distant and lacking in customer service when compared with the newer crew. Based on my flying experience over the past few years, I would prefer to fly with the mixed fleet crew. They are definitely more approachable. Overall, flights were fine and on time. The above demonstrates failures in service levels which once again confirms that all of the 'enhancements' being introduced by BA are going in one direction, the wrong one!

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by John Geoffrey Pierson    (USA)

LHR to DXB on November 6, an overnight relatively short flight. Departing at 9:45 pm. Crew managed to serve dinner in record time, leaving maximum hours for sleep. Wine selection limited but of good quality. Dinner was fine - interesting first of meze, followed by a lamb that withstood the long transition from preparation to plate. An excellent experience in total.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Patel Niri    (UK)

52b on upper deck to LAX and 51b back from LAX to LHR. Food on flights is ok and you are best advised to order a veggie meal in advance if you don't eat meat. Seats are better on the A380 in club than on other aircraft where they are not as new or comfy. IFE is fine, though not as extensive as Emirates. I like that the announcements are kept to a minimum. The washroom on this side of the aircraft is huge - perfect for changing.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Hill    (UK)

San Francisco to London Heathrow in August - appalling. I flew to LAX on the A380 which was ok but flying back on the BA 747 was a truly forgettable experience. It was in such poor shape and the staff were hopeless. The inflight entertainment was virtually non existant and seating was cramped. I flew the next day onto Hong Kong with Cathay which is head and shoulders above BA. For the amount it costs, there are so many better alternatives.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D von Bergen    (UK)

I travel to and from Singapore on BA in Club world most months, but this was my first time on the A380 for this trip. On the whole - their staff on the ground are polite and well informed. Positives for this flight - good lounge in Singapore - the food has improved, but it can be crowded. Club class cabins seem fairly spacious - (I was upstairs) but not as good as the 747. Excellent bathrooms - really spacious. One member of the flight crew was excellent and worthy of a gold star for maintaining good humour and excellent service Larger film selection than on the 747 Negatives - The food - awful - they've reduced the menu choices and the beef was inedible. Staff - apart from the member of the flight crew above the others were surly, and uncaring - they are the face of the airline and could be so much better. I will fly with them again but would like the staff to be pushed on politeness and courtesy.

British Airways Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Paul Wilson    (UK)

London Heathrow to Zagreb return in economy. Used the BA app to check in at both airports. Both flights on time. I found the crew were friendly and got the job done. They appeared to enjoy their work. The flight back from Zagreb was almost completely full - but the crew were good and ensured that everyone was catered for.

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by K McCarthy    (UK)

I had a very poor experience with BA from Jo'burg to London was cancelled. We were kept on the tarmac for four hours with very little information, and eventually told there was a technical fault so we would not be flying for another 24 hours. I needed to call my workplace to arrange work cover but the cabin staff said there was no BA phone I could use. Passengers had to go back through immigration in the middle of the night, there was chaos around the baggage reclaim and a real lack of information from ground staff who appeared to have little direction on what to do. We were eventually taken at 4 am to a hotel where the hotel staff were unable to cope with the numbers needing rooms - families were separated. BA did not publicise the right of all passengers to EU compensation but I knew about this so did apply and receive the legally required amount promptly. All in all this was a hugely disappointing and frustrating experience from an airline that had previously been my preferred airline and I would no longer recommend BA.

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by J Crane    (UK)

Flew MCT to LHR on 1 Nov 14. Staff at Muscat were excellent, and could not have been more helpful to my wife (who is a wheelchair user). Catering on the flight was awful. Food was inedible, and we were only served two drinks over an 11hr flight. On arrival, the staff seemed to not know that she was a wheelchair user (despite having assistance booked in advance) which meant a stressful wait on the plane while here wheelchair was found and a lift ordered. We flew out on Oman air that was faster, cheaper, more comfortable, had decent food and better informed staff.

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Clive V Drake    (UK)

LAX/LHR. The flight started badly with the lounge facilities (or lack of) at LAX. There is no First Class lounge anymore and worst still its a communal Business/First facility shared by BA, Qantas and Cathay Pacific. Two hours before my flight it was a zoo. Rammed with around 300 passengers from 3 flights. The food and beverages was to a very high standard. There was no separated boarding lines for First passengers. Flight left on time and dinner was an ordinary affair. A poached salmon starter was neither here or there. Luke warm soup. A rather nice, but not exceptional Italian style chicken dish. All served with cheap canteen style cutlery - long gone is the nice silver-plated cutlery they used to offer. Wines were fine. Turn down bed service reminded me of why I don't like the new BA First class seat. The silliest aspect has to be that you either have a seat or a bed and no adjustable foot rest. In bed mode and mainly thanks to the design of the centre console housing the table - the bed is to narrow. I am 6 4 tall and not overweight. It's very awkward and uncomfortable. BA in old first I am sure use to give you a foldable mattress now they don't. You get a thin duvet. This makes the bed incredible hard; and during turbulence its a hard, uncomfortable to ride. I don't think I slept more than an hour in the whole flight. The tight confines of the compartment means you have to be a gymnast to get in and out when in bed mode. This fare is sometimes as much as 7,000 one way and it's not worth it. What amazes me in the competitive world that BA operate is that they don't seem to look at the competition. They trumpet they are the best and yet they are not. Mind you on the LAX route the only alternative is AA and they have little ideas on quality in First Class. When I look at what SIA, Emirates (the best in my view) and Etihad offer BA do not come close. BA often charge more than anyone else for a frequently inferior product. In fact over the last ten years the prices have sky-rocketed and the quality and standards have sky rocketed as well - downwards!

British Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by D Turner    (UK)

Just flew to and from New York JFK with BA, flight out was great, modern plane, comfy seats and cabin crew who seemed to enjoy their jobs. Unfortunately the flight back was very different, old tired jumbo plane, poor seating, poor in-flight entertainment and some members of the cabin crew clearly couldn't be bothered and everything seemed to be too much trouble. Plane was far too hot on the way back and despite lots of passenger requests for them to turn the air-con on, nothing seemed to change and it was a long 6hrs. Have flown long haul with Virgin and Cathay Pacific and these were much better on all fronts, would only consider BA in the future if it was the only option available or half the price of the other carriers!

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Paul Karagounis    (Spain)

Kingston - London Gatwick in club world. Check in and fast track very efficient without any delays. Lounge surprisingly good, comfortable with a reasonable selection of food and drinks inclusive of sushi rolls and bar service with cocktails and champagne. It must be on of the best lounges in West Indies. Priority boarding excellent. Business class passengers are escorted to the gate. Entering the plane and during the entire flight greeted and addressed by name. Staff very efficient, friendly and smiling - willing to assist during the entire overnight flight. Relatively new plane with comfortable flat bed seats and a good entertainment system. Good selection of movies. Dinner and breakfast of a good standard and a great selection of spirits, wine and champagne. Child's meal very thoughtfully done. Slept for 6 hours. Flight on time and swift luggage delivery. High standard of service with excellent value for money.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Roger Bowler    (France)

LHR-JNB 15/10. I cannot understand why BA have chosen the seating arrangement in Club World on the new A380 with one seat facing forward and the seat next to you facing backwards so as to be facing your neighbour. Food reasonable and service OK but not overly attentive. Return flight in Premium Economy, seats not as comfortable as in the 767.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Flew BA to Munich. Quick check-in, good boarding, sandwich wasn't the best 'evening meal' I have ever had but adequate on a short flight. Good crew. Exemplary crew on return flight. Nice airbus with comfy leather seats. Both flights on time/slightly early.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Desai Naveen    (USA)

Worst experience from Bangalore to Heathrow - delayed and connecting flight from LHR to San Diego was missed. They put us on a flight to Chicago with seats in the middle of Premium Economy. We had booked bassinet seats on our missed flight. Chicago to San Diego on United - seats were not together. Overall a pathetic experience. Would never travel with BA.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by George Alba    (USA)

BA 83 from LHR to LAX, first time on Airbus A380-800. Very comfortable, quiet and smooth flight. The aircraft was exceptionally quiet on takeoff. Food and service top notch. Nice to have a free beer and wine with lunch. First time in LHR which I found to be a zoo, but excellent duty free shopping. LAX can also be a zoo but that's to be expected. BA flight crew very professional and courteous. Would fly them again, especially on the A380.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Nuno Luz    (Portugal)

LPT to LHR and back, found the planes new and in good conditions, fantastic crew, always asking if we need something, will fly again with BA for certain.

London Gatwick - Barbados in premium economy. Saturday during half term. Gatwick airport very busy. Check-in in business class counter and fast track very efficient with minimal waiting. BA lounge overcrowded but good breakfast options and plenty of champagne. Priority boarding efficient. Seat comfortable with lots of space and sufficient recline for a day flight. Food from club world menu very tasty (fillet steak), child's meal very good. Plenty of drinks rounds during the flight and staff very pleasant, polite and helpful. Entertaining system ok with reasonably good choice of films. Flight one hour late which meant no queues in Barbados. Overall a very good flight with an incredibly good value for money (tickets were purchased during the BA sale). Thoroughly recommended.

British Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Leong    (USA)

LHR-ZRH. A320 was used on this route. I was not expecting much since the flight was under 2 hours and I was not disappointed. Despite a delay due to traffic at LHR and later around ZRH, the staff handled everything well and were still very warm and welcoming. there wasn't any IFE so I can't rate that.

British Airways Customer review :  11 November 2014 by Ross Kelly    (UAE)

I flew from MIA-LHR-DXB. The 747 like most of their crew is well passed its sell by date. The business cabin is tired and worn, IFE below standard, seats are ok but nothing great. My biggest gripe were the crew on the second leg. We were in upper deck and found them quite inattentive and everything felt like a hassle but the best was to come. My wife and I had a sleep after dinner, when we woke, 2 hours before arrival we decided to have a drink. I pressed the call bell and ordered a baileys and a glass of wine. I was first told that the bar had closed, which was nonsense, after I complained they sent down a supervisor, where a long argument presumed, in which they basically told myself and my wife we were too intoxicated to have anymore drink! The way they spoke to us was both condescending and humiliating and after all of this on clearly seeing we were nowhere near intoxicated they served us another drink. As a seasoned traveler, I have never been spoken to like this before. We flew American in Business on the way to MIA and in stark contrast the business cabin was excellent on the new 777-300 and the crew were only too happy to serve you. BA really need to have a look at themselves, your crew by large seem to have an attitude problem, see the paying passenger as an inconvenience rather they a valued customer. With such choice from Dubai I will never travel BA again. If you want to pay thousands for a worn out badly designed seat, to be insulted by crew who will go out of there way not to serve you, book BA, otherwise do yourself a favour and go with an airline that doesn't employ over unionised staff that take pleasure in being rude to passengers.

British Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by C Cutts    (UK)

BA268 LAX-LHR seat WT+ on the A380. Check in was quick, as was security and the Oneworld lounge at TBI is pretty good although very crowded. Boarding pretty quick on a packed flight. I found the crew, seating and PTV to be consistent and very good. Flight left more or less on time and landed 30 min early at T5, bags seemed to take ages coming off but a pretty good flight. I don't know what has happened to BA's food offering in WT+ but it has gone down hill recently the 2nd meal wasn't worth serving otherwise good service on a very nice aircraft.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax