British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read British Airways Passenger Reviews and British Airways customer trip Reports

British Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Rusanu Rucsandra    (Romania)

I have flown BA frequently but this flight was the worst in terms of cabin crew! The flight was nice. Our food was served over Budapest so almost 2 hours after take off which is quite a big delay being a 3 hour flight! I was not hungry so food itself was not a problem, but the cabin crew were very disorganized and kept moving back and forth, not allowing any passengers to rest as they kept serving drinks and food. Normally this route is very smooth and food and drinks are served within 1 hour so passengers can either sleep or read, etc.

British Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Christine Ferster    (Australia)

We booked premium economy flights from Brisbane to London with Qantas and British Airways. The first leg, Brisbane to Singapore, was with Qantas and was excellent, separate check in, dedicated cabin crew, great comfortable seats and a different menu from economy. Overall a great experience. Imagine the difference with British Airways. At Singapore airport my husband and I discovered that we had been given seats well apart in the cabin and it took several efforts on our behalf to get seats together. We then found that there was not a separate check in line, that the seats were very little different from economy and the food was exactly the same as economy. The seating, the service, the food and the overall experience will ensure that we will probably never fly BA premium economy again. What a contrast with the Qantas experience. Unfortunately we are booked to fly back to Australia with them.

British Airways Customer review :  12 April 2014 by R Goddard    (UK)

Transferred to BA flight after our United flight was cancelled. Flew on new 787 Dreamliner. The was our best flight for some time. Okay, the space in economy was standard and the entertainment box beneath the seat in front is always a pain but can't be avoided. The 787 was very comfortable, quiet and had an audible PA which is a rarity. The food was very good - possibly the nicest food on a plane we've had in years and the service very attentive. Admittedly the plane was not full but perhaps the staff enjoy flying on the Dreamliner as much as the passengers! Have not flown outside Europe with BA for some time so this was a very pleasant experience.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by Alan Wingrove    (UK)

I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the ease with which our city-break happened. The only thing BA lack is the 'human touch'. I booked a short break away for our first wedding anniversary, booking the flight, hotel and private transfer on BA's website. We glided through T5 at Heathrow and were well looked after in the Club lounge. The flight to Barcelona was on time and, when we arrived, a driver was waiting for us. We were taken to our hotel in a comfortable Mercedes and the hotel - K+K Picasso - was all we anticipated. On the date of our departure our paperwork said we would be collected 3 hours before our flight was due to depart - and we were! Another comfortable trip back to the airport and, once again, we glided through. A brilliant break - without any human contact at all.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by M Harley    (Australia)

I booked an aisle seat 4 months before travel with both Cathy Pacific and BA, outward travel got the seat with Cathay but not with BA. No reason given, on asking about my seat was told cabin full. On homeward trip asked at Edinburgh, told no you have middle seat, explained I booked an aisle seat, told to ask at Heathrow. Lady was so dismissive so endured almost 12 hours in middle seat again with BA. Was so disappointed with BA, how is it possible that Cathay can give me the seat I choose 4 months in advance but BA ignored my request. Total disregard for my prior booking and unfriendly dismissive attitude from staff at Heathrow. I am an older retired lady and I was completely ignored by all staff.

British Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by B Rouve    (Switzerland)

Flew BA 2202 on Sunday April 6th from Cancun to Gatwick. Although we fly regularly this route this last experience with BA was not to remember. The premium economy seats and LCD screens are now really way substandard. The food is basic, especially when you are given a sandwich with tomato for breakfast (why not a croissant?) and a cereal bar made from cardboard. Also on this flight the staff was particularly inattentive, non existent and want-to-be- somewhere-else.

British Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by A Dave    (USA)

We flew round trip from LAX to Madrid via London in Bus Class (Club Europe), A380 in the LAX-London sector, March 26-April 5th. We had one of the worst experiences for the LAX-London sectors both ways! Going, flight delayed by 1.5 hrs. and we barely made our London-Madrid connection with no help anywhere from BA reps at London airport! Return was horrible. Boarding in London on time and sitting in the plane for 3+hrs. Throughout the flight, the attendants' attitude was sulky and inattentive! landed at LAX 3 hrs late, sat in the plane for 20 mins and everyone got up with their luggage to depart the plane but were we were asked to sit down because they parked at some unknown location! Again to another location and then in a Bus to LAX Int'l Terminal!

British Airways Customer review :  8 April 2014 by O Ekland    (Norway)

BA770, LHR-OSL, Club Class. A320 with said new Club Europe seats (according to crew). Fixed configuration 3-3 with vacant mid-seat (2-2). If this is the long awaited refurbishment of Club Europe, it is disappointing. It is a step down from the "old" / recent seats, where A and C are pushed together and D and F are pulled apart, creating a distinct BA club class cabin product and seat config. Furthermore, the curtain-cabin-divider was only partly installed, and two overhead lockers in the small club cabin taped shut/broken. Two tray tables in my row were broken. BA came fairly close to loosing a loyal customer.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by A Turner    (UK)

Flew BA106 night flight from DXB to LHR on 6th April, had 4 seats in Business for the family and I. Used the lounge before departing which is located between gates 22/26, which was quite some distance away from the departure gate C11, which logistically just doesn't make sense. The layout of the business class seating with BA just doesn't work, particularly when compared with the equivalent with Emirates or Virgin. The way the foot rest is designed means that when flat you have no easy access to the aisle if you are located in the middle two seats, you have to carefully climb over the seats in front of you should you wish to use the toilet, it's like playing twister at 35000 feet. When climbing back in be careful of the locking arm on the footrest when it's at 90 degrees as when you climb back over you may slam your shin onto it. The ergonomics of the seats just don't work, storage on the floor once the foot rest is down is hard to reach, getting out of the chair is difficult, having food served to you though the hatch is awkward and difficult. The Cabin crew on duty that night just weren't that helpful, accommodating or welcoming, my view was they did the least possible to service the flight. I had to ask for papers, which I never got, I had to ask for drink top up's, had to ask for tea/coffee at breakfast, just not what you would expect when paying business class fares (4 business class fares). Throughout the whole flight, at no point did the crew walk the isle and just make themselves present, check on the passengers, in fact it was a rather turbulent flight, probably lasting for at least two hours, not once did they check or reassure any of the passengers. There was clearly something amiss with this crew, I flew out on the 109 a week earlier and the crew on that flight were absolutely brilliant, couldn't have done more for the passengers and really did BA proud, it really is a shame that there is such a massive gap in what should be a universal service delivery, I would not consider this route again with BA, only Emirates or Virgin who provide a better cabin and consistent service levels.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by J McConkey    (Australia)

Flew Sydney-Hong Kong on Qantas in their impeccable First, and transferred to BA to try our their new A380. Seated in 1A - seat is next to 2 storage cupboards under stairs and staff constantly opening and closing all night for personal stuff plus the mattress covers, blanks for First seats. Had tasting menu - the food was woeful - and crew setting next course on my table before I had finished previous course - whole 'experience' over in about 20mins. Crew friendly but lacked experience and professionalism of the previous QF flight. Flown on better budget airlines!

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Robert Nugent    (UK)

Glasgow to Heathrow, Heathrow to LA, 18th March. LA to Heathrow, Heathrow to Glasgow, 30th March. Firstly I would like to say our experience on all 3 flights: 2 domestic and 2 international, my only complaint was on the return night flight back from USA on waking after a nights sleep I was looking forward to a typical British Breakfast. What a big letdown when my breakfast arrived and I was given a cardboard box containing a hard croissant, granola bar, tea butter jam. This is not what we expect.

British Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by P Ellis    (UK)

We travelled BA premium economy between LHR and San Diego, outbound before Christmas, returning early Jan. I'm very neutral about these 11 hour flights. The seats were ok, we managed to get the bulkhead seats in the PE cabin, which meant that there was no recline intrusion from the seats in front. The IFE screen was too small, the outbound food was so appalling I didn't even try it on the return flight. The cabin crew were average. Basically, this flight got us from the UK to San D without having to change on the (weather vulnerable) East coast. The flights were on time and reasonably priced. I'd happily fly this airline on this route again, knowing I'll probably have a reasonable experience.

British Airways Customer review :  5 April 2014 by Berry Nick    (UK)

Oslo to LHR. Delayed boarding but left slightly late. Served pre dinner drinks quickly by good crew and tasty dinner with wine. Full in club but very efficient .Landed on time but on remote gate. Bus to terminal and bags waiting.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by A Fowler    (UK)

LHR-ATL on 777. I had high expectations of First Class but was bitterly disappointed with the following: 1) My wife and I were ignored by BA staff at the First Class check-in area whilst they had a private conversation. What a terrible first impression to give to your customers. 2) The Concorde Lounge (supposedly their premium lounge) was crowded and noisy. We had to wait a long time to be served. 3) The member of cabin crew that served me was unfriendly and forgot to serve part of my meal. 4) The food was terrible! My steak was like a piece of leather and the vegetables were soggy. I left most of the food, and on the way home I avoided the in-flight food all together. 5) On our return flight my in-flight entertainment system was not working properly. Overall, I am extremely disappointed with BA and am now using other airlines for much of my travel.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by L Burton    (UK)

LHR-JFK Return. Both Flights was decent, staff very pleasant throughout. Meal wasn't the greatest but hey. Drinks free throughout which is perfect, movies on the seat TV were ok but no massive selection. All in all though a good service.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by K Barrance    (UK)

LHR-HAM on A319. Oh dear what has happened to BA? Paying for a full service airline and all you get is a packet of crisps and a coffee for 'lunch' and tight economy seating that you feel crammed in. It's not worth the hassle to go to Heathrow. Next time EasyJet for me, sorry BA.

British Airways Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Chander Ahluwalia    (USA)

JFK-LHR-EWR, Premium Economy: The lounge at JFK remains hospitable and friendly but needs some updating. Day flight outbound. The 747-400 prem econ cabin is showing its age as is the plane. The noise and vibration, the boring color scheme but the friendly crew and decent food made the flight overall comfortable. The return journey - late evening was marred by chaos caused by the fog earlier in the day, a 30 min queue for club world bag drop off and passengers trying to rebook flights meant few desks were available. The lounge had a tasty variety of food and I even managed to have an ice cream before boarding. The dream liner (787) is truly a new age way to travel. The prem cabin is pleasing to the eye and the adaptable head rests and better use of space, differentiates prem from the regular economy cabin. Several drink services, good food and a cabin crew who were polite and friendly. The on demand service is comprehensive and I found a couple of films I'd been planning on seeing. Noise cancelling headphones are a nice touch but if only there was some internet or text messaging capability!

British Airways Customer review :  3 April 2014 by R Vines    (UK)

I flew First to Miami from Heathrow in the old configuration. The service was friendly and the seat was fine. But I cannot forgive British Airways for the food they are serving in First. It lets down all the people in London who work so hard to improve the image of British cuisine. It was similar when I flew First a couple of years back.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax