PAGE loading ... please wait!

bmibaby Passenger Reviews and bmibaby Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

bmibaby customer travel guide

bmibaby Passenger Trip Reviews

bmibaby Star Ranking

bmibaby customer review :  7 June 2010 by Tim Williams   (UK)

Everything is an extra and don't even think of trying to contact them if you have a problem. Telephone users have to pay for the privilege and seeing as they are an online operator, they don't have an email address. I checked my wife in online for outward journey but had difficulty for the return flight. Phone call cost me 5 and they couldn't help me. On the return had to pay the 10 airport check in fee. I was advised all complaints should be in writing - still waiting for a reply 4 weeks later.

bmibaby customer review :  11 May 2010 by M Midwinter   (UK)

Had to cancel our flight due to bmibaby changing the days on original flights (could not change hotel reservation). Refunded fare (hopefully), but would not refund Debit card charges of 36 - they say you have to write to them and they might help with letter which you must take to your bank to maybe get refund. How come they can take debit card details and not be responsible for refunding it?

bmibaby customer review :  26 April 2010 by R Minchin   (UK)

Booked a flight to Prague, changed schedule within days of booking, then cancelled returned flight entirely, offering me a return a day earlier. Chose to cancel but like so many they kept the 15 credit card charge. Now, in my mind, a full refund is exactly that. Am I going to pay 15 for the privilege of them using my credit card but not providing any service? I think not.

bmibaby customer review :  3 April 2010 by S Collins   (UK)

In August 2009 I booked a flight with BMIBaby from Birmingham to Alicante in June 2010. Then in December 2009, the airline informed us that the flight had been cancelled, and offered us a completely unacceptable flight, which we declined. We did get a full refund, but were very upset by this, after all, they had had our money for 4 months. Then, we booked another flight in January 2010 from Birmingham to Alicante for our August 2010 holiday. After just one week we were told that this flight had been cancelled, and they offered us a night flight which departed the day before we wished to go. We could not accept this flight, as the villa we had booked could not accommodate us the previous day, so, yet again, we had to cancel. Be very careful if you book with BMIbaby, I will never book with them again.

bmibaby customer review :  31 March 2010 by D Bennett   (UK)

Fares are normally reasonable but there is too much small print when booking flights that lead to "hidden" charges. I am always very wary when booking with low cost airlines but have now been caught twice by BMIBaby for such charges after arriving at the airport. Once for not checking-in online when only carrying a cabin bag. The other for not entering my passport number when making the booking.

bmibaby customer review :  17 March 2010 by S Havens   (UK)

Manchester to Amsterdam. Booked the flights 3 months in advance and BMI baby cancelled them via email 2 weeks before departure with no explanation. The email was very clear to state that BMI baby are not responsible for any personal inconvenience or financial loss incurred. Re- booked with KLM, no hidden costs and friendly staff available via email and phone - a totally different experience.

bmibaby customer review :  4 March 2010 by C Roe   (UK)

MAN-BFS and return in one day. Both flights on time. Boeing 737s a bit weary looking, as were the crew. Why don't bmibaby give their crew something a bit smarter to wear? Inflight service OK although I can't understand why a hot meal of Chicken Curry was offered at 7.15 in the morning. One point to note - bmibaby offer online check-in up to 8 days before departure, so it is possible to check in for both the outward and the return flight before you go. This avoids any problems with online check in at your destination.

bmibaby customer review :  3 March 2010 by Graham Fairclough   (UK)

I've flown with bmibaby between Manchester and Amsterdam a few times now, each time giving them a chance to redeem themselves. I've now given up. Inflight, the service is fine and they seem generally to be punctual. But expect to be fleeced for extras, especially relating to baggage. The standard allowance is only 18kg, which is very easy to exceed on a business trip. The excess baggage fees of 12 per kilo are simply weird when you consider that my actual seat cost 15. I weigh more than 1.25kg, I an assure you. Don't try to book an extra bag ahead - when you read the small print (who does?) the cost for an extra bag doesn't increase your luggage allowance by an ounce - it simply means you get to split it between bags. This mistake cost me 70 in on the spot charges. Who on earth would want to split 18kg between two bags? This is a dirty trick. If you try to check in online with hand baggage only but their server is down, you'll be charged an airport check in fine, no matter that it's not your fault. If you write a polite letter of complaint, don't expect to get any reply. By the time you add on some fairly ordinary stuff, you will end up paying more than if you fly with a full service airline. To be fair, if you are flying hand baggage only, accept hidden charges like credit card payment fees that have a huge mark up in them and are happy to take your own sandwiches on board, bmibaby are great value. But if you have to take luggage, avoid them. If this airline had ever so slightly higher fares and removed the trickery, it could be great. But they'd rather fleece you. It's a shame.

bmibaby customer review :  28 February 2010 by Anny Gafner   (UK)

Addendum to my review - refunded the fare minus creditcard charge and satisfied. It did involve some correspondence as it wasn't possible to speak to a person from customer service. I wish that bmibaby would have an immediate full refund policy if they cannot fulfil their part of the contract - eliminating a lot of grief! There still exists that doubt at the back of my mind - will it be another cancellation if I decide to book again.

bmibaby customer review :  30 January 2010 by S Cordon   (UK)

Paris-East Midlands in December. Check-in agents at Paris CDG were asking passengers for a 6 euro fee for seating. When I protested that this was an option with online booking I was sent to their customer service desk with a receipt that mentioned an excess baggage fee - they cancelled the charge when they checked my booking. East Midlands- Paris in January - Was charged 5 for supposedly not submitting API - and how can you prove otherwise? I took up both issues with customer services whose response in respect of the Paris incident was essentially you didn't have to pay so why are you complaining!

bmibaby customer review :  29 January 2010 by J Crichton   (UK)

Flew BMIBaby from Edinburgh to Cardiff return at the weekend. Checked in online and with no hold luggage on way down. Flight was okay, only 20 people on the 737 on Saturday 8am flight. On return, we couldn't check in online, our hotels net access wasn't working. Checked in at airport and charged 20 for this. Check in clerk was very offhand and really couldn't care less. Paid at counter and asked for address to complain too. We were given address on a pre- printed slip of paper. We asked if requests for this was regular where she laughed and said "Yes". Flight only had 34 people on it back to Edinburgh. No wonder with this standard of service with all the terms and conditions in small print.

bmibaby customer review :  28 January 2010 by Brian Sore   (UK)

Cancelled Flight bmibaby Belfast-Prague 15th February 2010. Having booked a flight and hotel to Prague through bmibaby website on the seat/hotel sale promotion. We received a cancellation email 19 days before the flight (operational issues!). A full refund is promised for the flight (but minus the 15 credit card charge) but no refund on the hotel as bmibaby use last- minute.com and they are denying liability. BMI do not provide a means of customer contact other than in writing. Customers of the bmibaby seat sale promotion should be aware of this practice and that bmibaby can deny liability. I will never book with this airline again and be very wary of seat/hotel sale promotions from this company you could lose your money.

bmibaby customer review :  20 January 2010 by V Celiberti   (Jersey)

Booked on a return flight Manchester-Jersey. Checked in and overheard another customer asking whether flights were okay as she had heard about fog in Jersey and no movement in or out. Check in staff said that it was the first they'd heard of it and checked all passengers in. Were told 15 mins before due departure that flight had been cancelled and handed us a piece of paper with telephone numbers on to re-book or cancel flight. Informed that next available flight was 4 days later! Basically, just told to ring the numbers and to go away and organise ourselves. Total lack of customer care. We ended up re-booking with Easyjet from Liverpool but cost us about another 400 (including 2 nights hotel). BMIBaby need to look at their procedures when cancelling flights. Okay, not their fault about the weather but to offer an alternative flight 4 days later is totally unacceptable, as is their 'go sort yourself out' attitude.

bmibaby customer review :  16 December 2009 by Dave Jaros   (Czech Republic)

PRG-MAN return. First experience, ticket for GBP 150 . Checked on-line, no hold bags. Departure from PRG delayed for about 75 mins due to broken radio in cockpit, but informed by the airport staff. A bit chaotic boarding, flight smooth, not many adverts per PA. Disembarking from plane slower (elderly pax searching for their belongings up and down the plane) and parked far away from T3, so missed the last train from MAN to city at 1:20 am and forced to take cab. Return same day evening, due to mist in MAN many other T3 flights cancelled but BMI luckily ran the service, though some 30 mins delayed. Leather seats in B733 a bit cramped and worn, but plane rather clean and maintained. Crew pacified a noisy group in the rear cabin so that even short nap possible, a half capacity occupation (overhead lockers packed though). Good that their planes are capable to cope with common fog (unlike Flybe, Ryanair etc.). Competitor announced to start on this route in spring 2010.

Earlier comments for bmibaby have been archived (ie. prior to the date of last comment above).

1 2 3 4 5