PAGE loading ... please wait!

bmibaby Passenger Reviews and bmibaby Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

bmibaby customer travel guide

bmibaby Passenger Trip Reviews

bmibaby Star Ranking

bmibaby customer review :  10 August 2010 by Rob Jordanson   (UK)

Cardiff-Jersey-Cardiff. Flight times were changed by several hours, a few weeks before, without formally notifying this passenger. Return Flight (that never was): Not unusually, there was fog at Jersey Airport in the morning in question but it had cleared by mid-morning. BMI Baby cancelled an outgoing flight from Cardiff, and obviously consequently also the return flight from Jersey, minutes after the return flight was due to go. The passengers' luggage, having been checked in only minutes before was dumped at one end of Jersey Airport. No directly-employed person from BMI Baby seemed to be available to help, only the local agency staff. BMIBaby.com handed out a note expressing regret, and offered seats on a later East Midlands flight as an alternative, and then offered seats on a Manchester flight. The other alternative was their next Cardiff flight 3 days later! I appreciate some conditions: for example; ash cloud, sustained very bad weather, technical problem with aircraft are justifiable for cancellations. I have been delayed before by up to 8 hours because of fog, but never cancelled just like that, and my airlines have always taken me home, until now.

bmibaby customer review :  9 August 2010 by J Voysey   (UK)

Booked one week family holiday to Jersey flying out of Cardiff. After an hour delay due to fog, announcement then made that flight had been cancelled although another airline (Flybe) did depart for Jersey at the same time and a friend in Jersey reported no fog. No BMI Baby rep came to speak to us and we were handed a piece of paper by Servisair rep saying we could cancel or re-arrange flight within next 7 days. Given that the next BMI Baby flight was four days later, we had to make alternative arrangements for a flight out of Bristol with another carrier at a cost of 600. Agents have said BMI Baby refuse to refund 24 credit card fee and 40 check in fees. They anticipate a long battle to get an acceptable refund for a cancellation we suspect is more due to the schedule disruption the flight would have caused than the weather conditions. Anyone who flies with BMI Baby needs to realise they rip you off and acted disgracefully on this occasion. Be prepared to lose your money and have all your plans disrupted. We will never fly with them again.

bmibaby customer review :  6 August 2010 by J Bergonzi   (UK)

Cardiff to Murcia return, everything ok on outward journey, 2 adults checking in with 3 bags totalling less than 36kg in weight. Cardiff staff were very strict with baggage excess weight charges. Cabin crew lacked personal skills. On checking in at Murcia for the return flight, we were not allowed to check in 3 bags, even though we were well under the combined 36kg baggage allowance. They wanted to charge 20euros to check in a 3rd bag. We tried to explain that the online information on baggage states we were entitled to check in up to 5 bags with a combined weight of 36kg and that we had checked in 3 bags on the outward flight form Cardiff. The check-in clerk stated that we had paid for only 1 bag each and had not paid for an allowance of 18kg each. She then ignored us until we repacked our our belongings into 2 bags. The regulations should be the same worldwide with any airline.The cabin crew on the return flight were very pleasant and helpful, it's a shame bmibaby are not consistent with all the same standards throughout their workforce and how to enforce their regulations.

bmibaby customer review :  6 August 2010 by R Driscoll   (UK)

First time flying with bmibaby and found the service excellent. There are a lot of extras to pay if you want booked seats, check in etc, but these are marked when choosing your flight. Purchases onboard were expensive, but not extreme. Trouble free trip East Midlands to Malaga and back. Online check in only allows you to do one way, so you do need to find an internet cafe in a foreign country to return, or be charged. Ryanair offer checkin both ways before leaving which is far better. We checked in and were allocated seats on line, but one child aged 9 was allocated alone? Didn't think this was allowed, but no way of querying unless phone call at 65p per minute. Should be ways of contact without money making.

bmibaby customer review :  1 August 2010 by D Stephen   (UK)

Birmingham to Knock return. One assistant provided to check in all passengers, eventually joined by one other after queue was so long that it looked as though half the passengers might miss flight! Many hand bags rejected, seemingly on a whim, including mine, which I have used as hand baggage many times before. Aircraft dirty and staff on board harassed because of short turn round times, particularly on return flight. Birmingham airport chaos with long security check queues. Altogether two very unpleasant flying experiences.

bmibaby customer review :  31 July 2010 by P Treanor   (France)

BOD to MAN, checked in online. My suitcase measured less than the required dimensions, so took a handbag as well. There was no problem on the outbound flight. But on my return I went to the check in desk just to weigh my suitcase and was informed by a surly young woman that I would have to put my handbag inside my suitcase. I said I was sorry but it wouldn't fit in and that I had flown to Manchester with the same bags. As I arrived at the gate, same surly young woman greeted me with a scowl. I told you earlier to put your handbag in your case she said, and she proceeded to read out the small print and the fact that I hadn't paid for any extra bag. She held on to my boarding pass while I struggled to put the contents of my handbag into the case and throw away a few small items. I was nearly in tears as she let me and the empty handbag through. There was a total lack of customer care by a miserable lot of ground and cabin staff. I would like to say it was a pleasure to fly BMI but it certainly was not. Unfortunately, I have to use this service again in the future.

bmibaby customer review :  26 July 2010 by G Davidson   (UK)

I have no idea why they are marketed as a low cost airline as the prices I pay for their flights are certainly nowhere near the low end of the market. The website is abysmal, terms and conditions are very one sided, changes to flights are a joke - it's normally much cheaper to make a fresh booking and save a pile of cash, oh and all flights are non-refundable, so don't think that you'll get your money back if you decide not to travel - even well in advance of your flight. Don't expect your normal carry on bag to be accepted - BmiBaby has a much smaller "baby" sized carry on capacity which is much reduced. It is possible to print out both portions of the flights at the same time - took me almost 4 months of flying with this "shower" to finally figure it out - they do make their website in the MOST non-user friendly format I've ever seen - it beggars belief, the level of incompetence. If you can fly with somebody else - take that choice, otherwise just suffer them as I do - until I don't need to use them any more. I do not like the way they do business, the staff to be fair are generally fine.

bmibaby customer review :  25 July 2010 by M Thompson   (UK)

Extra charges are imposed with stealth! Truly no longer a low cost airline. There are much better competitors. Bmibaby is no more akin to a high fare airline with extra high additional charges. Will never fly with them again. Awful inflight service. Passengers were definitely seen as inconvenience to the cabin crew.

bmibaby customer review :  22 July 2010 by K Tunnicliffe   (UK)

EMA to Faro return. Outbound flight on time and crew pleasant and polite. An old B737-300 and ervice was very basic and designed to get you to part with as much money as possible for extras ranging from sandwiches and hot snacks to magazines and duty free items. Non of which were value for money. The return journey, same plane, was marred by an hour delay which they said was due to aircraft shortages, crew pleasant and professional. At EMA ground staff were keen to check size and weight of hand luggage with almost religious zeal. Are they on commission? The airline needs to sort out its online booking service. We input all our passenger details when we booked but had to do so again when checking in online, which seems silly. The original price quoted on the website more than doubled by the time we came to pay which caused resentment. I don't object to paying extra if I want to check in a bag, but some of the add on charges were absurd.

bmibaby customer review :  19 July 2010 by Colin Pay   (UK)

Airline cancelled Bournemouth-Jersey flights after only a few months of operation. Got money back including debit card charges within a week. Don't seem to give new routes much of a chance. Wouldn`t book with them again.

bmibaby customer review :  19 July 2010 by Jane Dawson   (UK)

Birmingham to Nice and was charged GBP 30 to take a small suitcase that I have always taken in the cabin before, but was suddenly made to check in? Amazingly, on the return flight, I took it in the cabin with no question and obviously no charge? Seems very inconsistent to me! Was also angry with the charges added for using a card online - what seemed a cheap flight turned out to be an expensive one with cheap treatment - everything is chargeable, not even an inflight drink is included and legroom is pathetic.

bmibaby customer review :  30 June 2010 by T Russell   (UK)

EMA to Paris CDG , boarded on time, but the gate staff had forgotten to rip some of the online boarding cards, hence a discrepancy in amount of people on board the flight. Lead to a delay of around 50 minutes on board. Once the numbers had been sorted, there was another delay as we waited for Air traffic clearance. Due to a medical condition I asked for water, which was agreed by one member of cabin crew, however the one that served it to me, served it with major attitude problems.

bmibaby customer review :  22 June 2010 by G Quilt   (UK)

Trying to print of my boarding passes, but can only get the out bound flight passes. Telephoned bmi (at 65p a minute) only to be told that I can't print my boarding passes off until 8 days before my flight. As we are going on holiday for 10 days, I will already be in Spain and instead of enjoying our holiday, we now have to find access to a computer to print off our boarding passes to come home, or pay 10 each at the airport for not checking in online. This is stupid - why don't they make the check in window bigger so that people going away for longer than a week can sort everything before they go. The customer service is useless also - I've already had my flight times changed 3 times, never again.

bmibaby customer review :  14 June 2010 by Anthea Eastoe   (UK)

East Midlands to Palma return. Both flights on time, staff good in airport and on plane. My complaint is all the additional charges and costs - baggage, seat reservations, snacks and drinks, failure to input passport information online before you fly, etc. This makes a seemingly cheap flight not so cheap after all. Would use again as on time and no hassles but with hand luggage only plus take own snacks.

1 2 3 4 5