PAGE loading ... please wait!

bmibaby Passenger Reviews and bmibaby Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5

bmibaby customer travel guide

bmibaby Passenger Trip Reviews

bmibaby Star Ranking

bmibaby customer review :  11 December 2010 by K Colledge   (UK)

Very high add on charges. Prebooked seats, charge paid and issued correct boarding passes but was told at gate that there had been a seat change and my prebooked seats had been allocated to another group. I asked why, answer was I don't know but if you don't board on the new seats you don't fly. Reason for prebooking seats was to obtain extra leg room which is charged additionally so a double whammy. Written claims for refund (ongoing from october) unanswered as is an email to MD. Welcome to rip off Bmibaby. Flight was EMA to Jersey end September. Also paid express security clearance charges at EMA that were a waste of money. Told to get on the shortest queue.

bmibaby customer review :  25 October 2010 by A Jameson   (UK)

I was going to book BMI baby to Geneva, but after stealth charges for luggage and a seat allocation, the tickets went from a great 30 to over 210. They are a complete disgrace so I booked on BA instead.

bmibaby customer review :  17 October 2010 by M Pryce   (UK)

Just back from Faro and could not pick fault with Bmibaby, staff are friendly and drinks and snacks are reasonable. But what has annoyed me is that my next flight to Faro has been withdrawn and I could not accept the reschedule and realise now that the refund is processed minus the debit card fee or booking fee whatever it gets called. What a nasty and spiteful way of making money out of clients.

bmibaby customer review :  11 October 2010 by B Ellis   (UK)

Jersey from Manchester. We had booked online, checked in on line, boarding passes printed ok and scanned ok at the airports, everything went smoothly and hassle free. No problems with carry on luggage, both flights boarded and left on time. Comfortable plane and cabin crew were friendly and efficient.

bmibaby customer review :  6 October 2010 by D Whitmore   (UK)

There seems to be little ground staff supervision and BMI ground staff seem to delight in making flying with bmibaby as unpleasant an experience as possible. We fly regularly from Cardiff to Murcia and need only cabin luggage. Our cabin luggage fits the bmibaby luggage frames very easily. The best part is my wife & I have exactly the same cabin bag, yet bmibaby ground staff make us try both for size every time we fly. I guess bmibaby staff are not chosen for their brains! Always book the cheapest flight, never buy insurance, cars, accommodation etc from bmibaby - they are always more expensive. Lastly never buy anything on board - take you own food & drink. We have never been stopped from eating our own food on board. I remember the time when it was a pleasure to fly. BMI Baby, along with the other low service airlines have made flying now a most unpleasant experience.

bmibaby customer review :  4 October 2010 by P Pocock   (UK)

Worst customer service I have ever received by any company. Our flight was re-scheduled by bmi baby leaving our trip having to be cancelled due to extra costs. Call centre staff very unhelpful and lacking in basic customer service skills when called to request a refund. Advisor kept interrupting / talking over me and even at one point told me he wasn't listening to me anymore! Asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold for over half any hour after which point I gave up.

bmibaby customer review :  4 October 2010 by M Marsh   (UK)

Travelled as a party of six from Cardiff to Menorca. We had pre-booked seats almost a year previously. The two rows we had did not have a pull down table on both the centre seats, fortunately we were all seated together. Not the best airline we have used and would not fly with them again.

bmibaby customer review :  26 September 2010 by P Morton   (UK)

EMA-AMS return, flights on time. Check-in online easy and no check on size/weight of hand luggage. Aircraft was 737-500. Only possible negative was in respect of central exit seats not taken on inbound flight and volunteer allowed to sit in one of the exits was obviously very overweight and not suitable to assist in an emergency as he did not walk freely and may even have struggled to get out of the exit. When this situation has happened before, the cabin crew have asked for fit persons to voluteer. Flights were booked well in advance and were certainly very cheap.

bmibaby customer review :  11 September 2010 by Nigel Bayliss   (UK)

Had to travel to Menorca via East Midlands Airport after our original tour operator went bust. The queue at the airport was huge and chaotic with no staff guiding people. There were only 2 check ins open for BMI (at a peak period) and staff were very unfriendly as well as being very slow. We had doubts we would get through and onto our plane in time. It turns out that there is a fast track service, which you have to pay for which allows you to jump the queue. Why not staff it properly in the first place so that we don't get conned for even more extras? We got through security and had to leg it straight onto the plane - stress! On the return flight we didn't even get the seats that we had to pay extra for to allow us to sit next to each other - so what's the point of paying for that extra??

bmibaby customer review :  9 September 2010 by Margaret Howell   (UK)

Being a very nervous flyer, I thought I had everything covered when booking our flights with BMI Baby, including pre-booking the seats and luggage, etc. The flights were certainly not cheap. However, we didn't account for the bullying tactics used by the ground staff at East Midlands Airport. I had measured my hand luggage and it complied with the measurements on the website. However, at the airport, I had great difficulty fitting my luggage into their cradle and was told to unpack some of the items and put them into my husband's case. It was stressful. But it didn't end there. The staff at the departure gate (several of them) went along the queue making passengers measure their cases once again, if they didn't fit exactly they were taken away (I assume to be put in the hold at an extortionate cost) I felt intimidated. It did nothing to help my fear of flying. The flights to Jersey were certainly not cheap (almost 150 each from E Midlands to Jersey) The aircraft was old (even had ashtrays in the armrests) and not particularly clean. I will never fly with this airline again.

bmibaby customer review :  4 September 2010 by J Blow   (UK)

Traveled to Newquay from Manchester and was delayed by 5.5 hours, this wasn't too bad considering a bmi baby flight to Knock was delayed by 7 hours on the same day. But we were only offered a 3 compensation voucher for light refreshments which I thought was appalling. We traveled with hand luggage only which was accepted at Manchester airport - weighed 7kg each, yet on the way back from Newquay we were told that the luggage was too much and would have to be checked in. Nothing extra in the luggage and bags still didn't weigh more than 7kgs so not sure why they wouldn't allow it into the cabin, especially as it was half empty. Instead we ended up paying 60 to check in 2 bags into the hold - tried to complain but not heard anything back yet.

bmibaby customer review :  3 September 2010 by Mark Bilcliff   (UK)

East Midlands - Malaga. Off-site car parking worked well. East Midlands airport is fine with only a short delay getting through security. Good selection of shops though, not surprisingly, food and drink is expensive. Boarding okay with a short walk to the plane. Unfortunately leg- room was awful for me (6'0") and so bad that I would not consider flying with them again. Outward journey was on time, return delayed by 1.5 hours. I flew with hand luggage only so can't comment on the baggage handling. The relatively cheap price I paid doesn't mean that this flight was value for money. Not much interaction with staff was required as I had checked in online and didn't try the food.

bmibaby customer review :  27 August 2010 by Alan Radford   (UK)

Had loads of problems booking in online, boarding passes came out gobbledegook. Re entered web site to see if I could get back into printing the nboarding pass page but there was no indication I could do so. Used the telephone number at 65p/min. Worst service I have ever received. An Indian call centre which took 6 minutes waiting at 65p/min to get a response went through a list of questions before getting to my concern and then told me I had not booked in on online! Getting no where after 10 mins so went back onto web site and finally managed to get myself sorted. It is a rip off designed to maximise the amount of money that can be taken from you. My review is based on the web site and the call centre. Why can't I book all passengers in online including those with luggage? You can do this with other airlines.

bmibaby customer review :  27 August 2010 by Andrew Dunbar   (UK)

Travelled to Knock and was 7 hours late due to technical problems with one of their aircraft at Manchester. Kept in the dark until approx 2 hours from departure. They finally gave in to try to repair aircraft and brought a replacement in from East Midlands. Vouchers of 3 given twice for refreshments to try and keep customers happy. This would not buy you a sandwich at Manchester. I also travelled from Glasgow to East Midlands a month ago and had 3 hour delay due to technical problems. I will in future try and find an alternative carrier - have had enough. This carrier is running an ageing fleet of aircraft and they seem to be struggling with them.

bmibaby customer review :  15 August 2010 by Ian Mawdsley   (UK)

Travelled to Malta, flight booked by Malta Direct. Having had several bad experiences with bmibaby in the past I did not want to travel with them again but no choice as East Midlands is so convenient. Flight to Malta was 3 hours late due to technical difficulties. Return flight on was again delayed by 3 hours due to unknown reason. I will go further afield to get to Malta on Air Malta in future and avoid BMI Baby for any future flight. I almost felt that 3 hour delay was a norm at least on this route.

1 2 3 4 5