PAGE loading ... please wait!

bmibaby Passenger Reviews and bmibaby Passenger Trip Reports

bmibaby customer travel guide

bmibaby Passenger Trip Reviews

bmibaby Star Ranking

YOU CAN VOTE   HERE  FOR THE AIRLINE OF THE YEAR

bmibaby customer review :  8 April 2014 by L Lim   (UK)

Travelling for honeymoon, from Manchester to Prague. Caught in massive traffic jam on motorway. Was 5 minutes past the cut-off time for checking in (had 40 minutes until the time that the plane was due to leave) and had only one small case to check in. Pleaded with officers, who 1) were not interested from the start and 2) were downright rude. We were given the brush-off from two very curt, very young desk attendants. We were ordered (not requested) to go to another counter to book another flight out at full cost, for the next day. We ended up booking tickets with a large, reputable national carrier, paying for a horrible airport hotel room and absorbing the cost of our initial air tickets. We missed the first night of our honeymoon after a nightmare drive down to Manchester from the English-Scottish border and after enduring the poor attitude of a few staff members.

bmibaby customer review :  15 August 2012 by R Williams   (UK)

Flight from Murcia to Birmingham, diverted to Barcelona because of aircraft fault. Dreadful communication during our 11hr delay, no BMI representative on the ground, despite been given food vouchers when we asked they had the cheek to ask for us to pay for drinks when we actually did get airborne. Awful, will not fly with them again.

bmibaby customer review :  16 July 2012 by K Williams   (UK)

Flew from Rome to Birmingham, flight delayed ten hours. No BMI staff at airport to assist us or give any information, when we finally boarded our plane we were offered a complimentary drink. Very poor, would not use BMI baby again.

bmibaby customer review :  26 June 2012 by E Winter   (UK)

Paid extra to allocate a seat, then extra to have a seat with legroom, extra for a bag in the hold, 18 euros to print out a boarding card in Venice, what a joke. Steer well clear. Fly Ryan Air to Treviso and take the bus to Venice, will save 250. Nothing to eat at all on the return from Venice either.

bmibaby customer review :  12 March 2012 by I Griffiths   (UK)

BMIbaby seem to make it standard practice to change flight times from East Midlands to Marco Polo Venice - a range of flyers I've spoken to have experienced this. Don't assume that your booked flights either way will be the one you end up with. You'll lose time in Venice and unless it's over 12 hours change there is little you can do.

bmibaby customer review :  3 March 2012 by S McNamara   (UK)

NOC to BHX. Seat 4A with no one in the row in front, so could stretch my legs under the seat fully. Cabin crew were great, especially with the older passengers who required assistance. Landed on time and bag was ready on the carousel when I arrived. Booking process online was a bit arduous but the fare was reasonable for what you get.

bmibaby customer review :  15 February 2012 by J Woodthorpe   (UK)

EMA to Marco Polo Venice. What started out looking like a reasonably cheap flight turned out to be very expensive. Extra costs to "make sure" you sit together, a huge cost to take anything in the hold and the cost to check-in at the airport made for a very expensive flight by anyone's standards. Paying to check-in at the the airport is fair enough, but when you get to the airport, check-in is still an automated system with no service from staff in any way. Staff couldn't care less and did nothing other than tell me to make a complaint, last time I use BMI.

bmibaby customer review :  20 December 2011 by S Collins   (UK)

My husband and I have twice been informed, only a week before our flight that the flight times have changed - one flight had changed to a night flight after we had booked a daytime flight, and the other changed to the day before our chosen flight, which made it impossible as our villa was booked for the date of the original flight. I later found out that our original flight had not enough passengers to make the flight economically viable. We have been so upset by these occurrences - not one, but two - that we won't book with this company any more.

bmibaby customer review :  7 December 2011 by John Cremin   (UK)

We are regular travellers between Birmingham and Murcia, my wife is Disabled and needs wheelchair assistance to board the aircraft and to her seat. We have always found the cabin crew to be friendly and helpful. Also main office staff reply to emails immediately which I have found impossible with other more expensive airlines. BMI Baby meet our expectations.

bmibaby customer review :  19 November 2011 by Stuart Adair   (UK)

Birmingham to Belfast City return today and really have no complaints. Plane was on time, staff were pleasant, booking procedure online was easy.

bmibaby customer review :  30 September 2011 by G Tarelli   (UK)

Due to a problem with the website, we could not check-in online. The girls at the airport could not have been more helpful. From arranging check-in to giving us some clear bags for liquids the staff were lovely. Having used other low costs airlines, I usually feel a sense of dread when approaching check-in time simply because of the lack of customer service. This was not the case with bmibaby.

bmibaby customer review :  29 September 2011 by S Simpkins   (UK)

East Midlands-Venice return. Online check-in a breeze, and with 16 days allowance was able to print boarding cards for both legs. Hand luggage only, so joined long queue for security but quickly through to gate. No unpleasant BMI staff and no detailed checking of luggage weights and sizes - perhaps it was obvious that we were within limit. Old 737-300 had worn-out seats and little legroom, and uncomfortable journey not helped by loud PA and constant selling. Return from excellent Marco Polo airport similarly hassle-free. Newer 737-300 had leather seats in better condition and a bit more space. Both flights landed early. First time for us with bmibaby, but will certainly use again.

bmibaby customer review :  29 September 2011 by P Davies   (UK)

Cardiff to Palma return. Both flights were on schedule, staff on both flights were polite and pleasant. The pilot kept us updated during the flights. Ok seat, space a bit cramped but no different from any other plane we've flown on. This was our first time flying bmibaby and we're sorry to see them leave Cardiff next month. Onboard refreshments were good and quite reasonably priced.

bmibaby customer review :  25 September 2011 by J Ross   (UK)

Birmingham-Belfast City. Another Friday afternoon, another delayed flight with no communication to passengers at all. As a frequent traveller, I'm getting to the stage of using any other airline/airport to avoid this appalling service.

bmibaby customer review :  20 September 2011 by S Mann   (UK)

Belfast City to Manchester one way. Plane was 2 hrs late arriving due to a mechanical fault with another plane, we were kept fully updated. The plane was an old Thomson 737 so the seats were good leather. The cabin crew were well presented and friendly and apologetic about the delay.

bmibaby customer review :  16 September 2011 by M Johnson   (UK)

Should have been on a flight from Glasgow to East Midlands on Sunday 4 September but it was cancelled only when people had gone through to departures. The excuse was a technical fault but instead of supplying another flight, they laid on a coach which arrived at East Midlands at around 4 am - not what you want when you've booked a flight to arrive at 11 pm especially when people have work the next morning.

bmibaby customer review :  16 September 2011 by S Edwards   (UK)

EMA-ALC. Can't complain, flight on time, helpful friendly crew, pilot made several announcements to keep us posted on weather etc. No hard selling, seats ok not a lot of room but no worse than anyone else. Didn't like the fact that spirits come in sachets and aren't branded but this is only a very tiny groan. You get what you pay for - overall a cheap quick flight and would use them again.

bmibaby customer review :  15 September 2011 by J Walker   (UK)

I was a bit worried when I saw these reviews as I had already booked our flights. On arrival at EM we checked in electronically, there was no queue and staff were lovely. We checked in our luggage which weighed about 20 kilos each and no one even looked at the hand luggage. We had a lovely flight with comfy extra leg room seats and nice cabin staff. Plane arrived on time at Faro. The flight back to EM was much the same arriving on time once again. No problems at the gates and no delays. All in all a pleasant experience.

bmibaby customer review :  14 September 2011 by Sam Uley   (UK)

Manchester to Belfast. Arrived at airport almost 3 hrs early, no one else at check-in desk. Could not check in online due to their website being down, they charged 11 to do this at the desk. Rude staff. Flight was okay but the crew wasn't that friendly either. Used to think their service was okay but won't use them again as their charges are ridiculous nowadays.

bmibaby customer review :  11 September 2011 by A King   (UK)

Manchester to Jersey cancelled due to adverse weather conditions at destination airport. No attempt to book customers onto flights the next day. I rang a number they gave me and rebooked the next day and was told to ring again a few minutes later for the confirmation. I did this, and was told nothing had been booked. I eventually got a booking made and had to stay overnight near the airport. The next day on checking in, I mentioned I was from the cancelled flight the previous day, the member of staff was so rude to me it was awful.

bmibaby customer review :  6 September 2011 by I Hughes   (New Zealand)

Birmingham to Malaga. Arrived 2.5 hrs before flight with heavy suitcase. 3 BMI check-in staff sitting chatting and laughing together with not one single passenger waiting to check-in, however they refused to check me in early. Came back at 3.30 to find myself at the back of a long and slow-moving queue. Paid 15 pounds for the lounge, waste of money. Too small and not enough seats for the number of people. Terrible food, nothing more than a few stale tiny sponge cakes wrapped in plastic. Worst of all, no toilets in the lounge. Flight delayed by one hour. Plane itself was fine. Flight continually interrupted by loud, annoying and pointless announcements from the crew, all the way through. You get what you pay for.

bmibaby customer review :  6 September 2011 by L Douglas   (UK)

East Midlands to Venice. On arrival at East Midlands I was told the flight would be 4 hrs late leaving. Given a 3 voucher however a drink costs 5/6 and a sandwich 3.00. When we reached Venice it was getting on towards 9.00 pm, luckily I had arranged a water taxi to get us to the hotel. On the return from Venice, there were no staff around to advise the passengers what was happening, however we were told our flight would be late departing. There were hardly any seats and we had to buy a drink and roll to sit down. We eventually got checked in and were given another voucher. The plane was the last to leave at 12.30 pm and we were lucky because the airport was about to close. Onboard the steward tried to make light of it telling us 2 planes had been grounded. This was certainly not good enough service and the general consensus of the passengers who I spoke to said that they will not be flying BMI baby again.

bmibaby customer review :  1 September 2011 by Michael Hobby   (UK)

Manchester to Lourdes return. Polite, courteous staff who don't treat you like cattle, comfortable seats and no in your face high pressure sales gimmicks. Outbound flight on time, inbound 20 mins early.

bmibaby customer review :  28 August 2011 by Roy Scattergood   (UK)

On arrival at EMA we found our flight to Paris had been cancelled, no notice or attempt to contact us. No reason or apology given, booked on flight the following morning and we heard that our original flight had not enough passengers to make flight economically viable. Flight back delayed 2 hrs, no information or refreshment available while waiting.

bmibaby customer review :  24 August 2011 by M Cook   (UK)

Schipol to East Midlands. Held up by security at Schipol. At the gate found out seat assignments had been given away. It was 15 mins before departure when this occurred. They allowed us to board and departed the gate 12 mins prior to departure time, and arrived 25 mins early. This is the second time they have tried to close the gate early.

bmibaby customer review :  18 August 2011 by M Adkin   (UK)

My first experience at the airport was their new Check-in Machines that promptly demanded 10 from me because I hadn't provided my details online. Having read other comments about tired and tatty planes I have to agree, once we boarded 2 hrs late at East Midlands, we taxied to the end of the runway where the captain returned back to stand. The price they quote does not reflect the final price once you've added all the extras.

bmibaby customer review :  15 August 2011 by C O'Neill   (UK)

Belfast City to Manchester return. Flight was on time with friendly and efficient staff. The downside was the 737 aircraft do feel a little older and less fresh than the like of the A318s used by other low cost airlines. More attention could be paid to cleaning the cabin before the next flight. Outbound and inbound flights I had to brush a lot of crumbs from the seat prior to sitting.

bmibaby customer review :  8 August 2011 by Jessica Roberts   (UK)

EMA-CDG-EMA. Early morning departure out of EMA, generally fine, only small gripe was queuing for 20minutes at boarding gate - why call passengers forward for boarding if not ready? Flight itself was good. Crew were ok, nothing special. Return flight was a better experience. Evening departure back to EMA from a deserted terminal 1 at CDG. Through security very quickly then a wait for boarding. Very bizarre that all online check-in passengers had their boarding cards swapped at the gate, no reason given for this - did delay boarding as if passengers hadn't presented themselves earlier to get cards changed, this needed to be done in the boarding queue (the ground staff should have made these people move aside). On-time departure with early landing back at EMA. Crew were good on the return flight, professional and friendly.

bmibaby customer review :  1 August 2011 by Niall Clarke   (UK)

Punctuality is indeed an issue. Staff are motivated by the very, very small basket to fit your hand luggage in to so that they can hopefully charge you the extra 30+. Staff are okay but do not go out of their way to be helpful. Have flown with this airline a few times, the places are looking a bit dated. I'd recommend if they are cheap but sometimes their fares don't fit in to the low cost airlines model.

bmibaby customer review :  28 June 2011 by R Hamilton   (UK)

Cardiff-Majorca return with my wife and 19 month old daughter. Flight on time, good crew, good flights. If you follow the rules you can not go wrong. Enjoyed flying with BMI Baby. Sorry to see them leave Cardiff at end of summer.

bmibaby customer review :  17 June 2011 by I Stewart   (UK)

Every time I book online, get to the end and a screen comes up asking if I want a call back. The booking is then taken over the phone by someone in India and the whole process takes 20 mins as opposed to 5 mins online. No point writing to Customer Relations at head office they do not know the meaning of the word.

1 2 3 4 5