Blue Islands review, compare Blue Island reviews, read Blue Island reviews and Passenger opinions

Blue Islands Passenger Reviews and Blue Islands Customer Trip Reports

Check Blue Islands passenger information in our customer travel guide

Blue Islands Passenger Trip Reviews

Blue Islands Lounge Reviews

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  28 October 2014 by D Hutt (UK)

Customer Rating :  2/10

The flight to Jersey was on time and the flight crew were lovely (went out on the 8.30am flight). It was a unique experience to be on a 19 seater plane and to be able to watch the crew in the cockpit (my 2 rating is for the flight crew). The plane was noisy and a bit dated but we could put up with it for the 40 mins flight. On arrival we were met by a Blue islands representative who told us they couldn't put 7 lots of luggage onto the plane as the plane would have been overloaded! We were given assurances that our luggage would be with us on the next flight. It got to 7.30 pm and our luggage still hadn't arrived and after many, many unhelpful phone calls to Blue islands we were told the luggage was with a courier but they couldn't get hold of him and had no idea where he was. The luggage eventually arrived at 7.50pm. We were some of the lucky ones as others had to wait until the next day. Luggage being left behind seems to be a regular occurrence.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  29 August 2014 by Nigel Stacey (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

Have just flown Blue Islands from Southampton to Guernsey and return on an ATR 72 the flight was find slight delay leaving Southampton but no worries there, at Guernsey the is a lounge dedicated to all Blue Islands passengers with free drinks and snacks which is a nice touch. I enjoyed the flight and the experience with them.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  7 August 2014 by Richard Fowler (Jersey)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Jersey to Southampton was OK but the return non trip five days later was a nightmare. Arrived at airport to find flight cancelled having received no prior warning. Spent an hour waiting to be transferred to Fly BE' s flight on the following morning. No Blue Islands representative at Southampton airport to advise what the problem was, but heard from several people that this happens quite often with their Jetstream aircraft. Will never fly Blue Islands again.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  3 June 2014 by Jenny Holding (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

Blue Islands flights from Cambridge to St Helier, Jersey. These flights operate on Saturdays only during the summer months and are so convenient for East Anglian holiday makers. The flight of 50 minutes was comfortable and efficient in the ATR 42. The ease of travel made us feel we had slipped back 3 decades to a time when air travel was much more pleasurable. On board there were complimentary non alcoholic drinks. There was a modest and welcoming lounge with complimentary drinks and biscuits on our departure from Jersey airport.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  7 May 2014 by A Ford (Guernsey)

Customer Rating :  7/10

Guernsey to Paris return via Jersey last weekend. Outbound flights and connections went well, with great cabin service, including champagne, lager, tea, coffee and good quality rolls and snacks. Return flight was disappointing. An elderly aircraft really showing its age. In fact, the seats in the row in front of us were a completely different style to the rest! The air conditioning didn't work, which was unfortunate on such a hot day, particularly as we had to sit in the plane on the tarmac at Paris for around 25 mins. Some of the no-smoking signs didn't illuminate - not a problem, but reinforced the impression of a rather shabby plane. Very cheerful cabin crew. Arrived in Jersey for our connecting flight to Guernsey, only to be told it had been cancelled - it was a bank holiday Monday and apparently they never operate that flight on bank holidays and we should never have been able to book it through their website! So, what should have been a one hour connection at Jersey turned into 2.5 hours. Again, not a huge problem, but for an airline that pitches itself as something above the norm, it was a bit disappointing. Fares were good value and flight times to and from Paris were convenient (aside from the delay on the return).

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  12 February 2014 by S Cookson (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

BRS-JER-BRS. On time out and a delay of 45 minutes on the way back due to bad weather earlier in the day making the in-bound aircraft late. We were kept informed of progress with the delayed flight. Lounge at Jersey is a welcome change with free soft drinks, coffee/tea and biscuits. The service on-board was good too. This was efficient and professional.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  11 June 2013 by Paul Sopp (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

We flew Southampton to Jersey and return, where Blue Island use 19 seat aircraft. Both flights has less than ten passengers and were on time, even early. Avoid row one, unless you want an excellent view of what the pilots are doing as the view outside is restricted as no windows forward of this row. The best view was from row six, and with such small aircraft the views are excellent. As with all small aircraft the noise level is higher than for a large aircraft, but for such a short flight it does not matter. The private lounge at Jersey was a nice way to end a short holiday. We will certainly be flying Blue Island again.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  3 April 2013 by Angela Keates (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

Southampton to Guernsey return, great price and no additional charges. Good luggage allowance. Flight left on time, good service - very impressed. Have looked at other routes that we could use Blue Islands for in the future.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  5 February 2013 by Margaret Rumbold (Jersey)

Customer Rating :  10/10

I flew yesterday to and fro from Jersey to Guernsey. I was extremely impressed with the lounge reception and all is facilities. I am slightly disabled and the Stewardess was very helpful and attentive on both my journeys. Plenty of leg room on the plane and good and comfortable flight. I will certainly use them again when I can.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  15 January 2013 by Pauline Harvey (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

Staff kept us informed of any changes or delays to our flight, fog was a problem and the flight was over an hour late in leaving Jersey but staff were great. I will travel them again and have no problems recommending it to others.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  10 September 2012 by M Knowlden (UK)

Customer Rating :  8/10

JER-GCI-JER-LCY. Inter-island flights on a little Jetstream. Only 10 mins each way, but good fun. With the open cabin and no door to the flight deck, it really gave an insight into what the flight crew do. Far from trans-continental business class that I often fly, but in many ways this was a lot more enjoyable. The lounges for all passengers are a nice touch, but some air con in Jersey would be good. Timetable seems to not be completely thought through for connections (eg 1hr 30 wait in Jersey for flight to LCY). Would like to see a GCI-LCY direct flight added, or better connections to the JER-LCY flight so that a LCY-GCI trip can be done in a day. All in all though, a very good experience that I would happily repeat.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  2 August 2012 by S Potts (Netherlands)

Customer Rating :  6/10

LCY-JER-LCY in ATR-42s each way. This airline tries hard, but falls short in some areas. Online check-in did not work at the advertised time (48 hours). I called customer services and the rather indifferent phone operator casually told me it was always like that. Secondly, passengers should be aware of their unusual baggage allowance. The checked plus carry-on can total 20 kg. Nevertheless, carry-on weight was not checked at either LCY or JER. We arrived at City Airport and couldn't find the bag-drop desk - told to use the Luxair desk. Aircraft itself was showing its age and could do with a deep clean but was comfortable. One member of cabin crew for 50 passengers and, each way, they were cheerful and pleasant. On the outbound morning flight a croissant with butter and jam was offered with non-alcoholic drinks. On the return, evening flight, there was a full bar service (even champagne) but no snacks. Blue Islands passengers can use their dedicated lounge at JER. However, its based at gate 7, which is at the far end of the airport, and not air conditioned. Drinks, biscuits and wi-fi were good. Overall, a good airline but should certainly bring their London operations more into line with their competitors.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  11 June 2012 by Colin Clarke (UK)

Customer Rating :  1/10

I travel inter island JSY-GSY return twice a week. Blue Islands have made the classic mistake of forgetting their core business model. Their inter island flights are now so often delayed that a tannoy announcement that there is "a delay due to technical reasons" is now met with resigned scepticism. They have also made the mistake of outsourcing their ground crew ops to Serviceair, who neither know, nor care, why the flight is delayed by 40 minutes [again]. Planes, in the main, are uncomfortable and claustrophobic, groundcrew are ill informed, and inter island timetable is more akin to an unscheduled series of aviation "events".

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  2 May 2012 by K Allum (UK)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Outbound (from Southampton) was very good: easy check-in, we liked the Jetstream experience and the cheery professionalism of the flight crew, but Jersey-Southampton was a nightmare. Firstly 13.25 flight cancelled for 'technical' reasons. When offered a refund or rebooking we accepted seats on a later flight. This was a very stupid move because the 4 hour delay turned into a 7 hr 50 mins delay. If warned our Jetstream was bound to be the last flight out of the island at 20.15 we could have used the 7 hr 50 mins delay to catch a fast ferry. Given zero customer care and a total lack of honesty there is no way I would risk another flight with Blue Islands despite the professional flight crew, the convenience of their new London City route and certainly not because of their pricing policy.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  26 April 2012 by Margaret Taylor (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

Check-in staff more than helpful at Manchester airport, arrived early, glad we paid for the lounge to wait - supplied very good choice of food/drinks. Good assistance onboard. Staff at Jersey airport very informed and directed us to the lounge. I must say the staff on return plane so good helping me to get down steps, very nice people and will certainly travel them again.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  4 January 2012 by Peter Cullen (UK)

Customer Rating :  9/10

SOU-JER return. As my 2008 review, Blue Islands has standards that other airlines would do well to emulate: clear and inclusive pricing, flexibility, easy check-in, punctual, lounges for the use of all passengers (at least on the Channel Islands). You are treated as a person, it is good-fun travelling, not a comment one can make often these days.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  24 October 2011 by Ian Davidson (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

Southampton to Jersey. The baggage system at Southampton was faulty and my bag did not make the flight. The staff at Jersey were excellent (Jersey airport, Blue Islands, and Servisair). They kept me informed and my suitcase arrived at my house at 8.30pm. A big thank you to all concerned.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  28 June 2011 by Colin Griffiths (Jersey)

Customer Rating :  0/10

We tried to make a return reservation from Jersey-Zurich. The return schedule was not available so the Blue Islands staff person on the phone advised us to book the outbound and the return separately when the schedule was available. This we did. Because we booked the return from Zurich as a separate flight, on the advice of Blue Islands staff, we have been charged the return fare in Swiss Francs. The difference is approximately L200. We have written and faxed Blue Islands but they do not reply.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  25 November 2010 by A Crane (Jersey)

Customer Rating :  10/10

Blue Islands really do make the customer feel special and not like cattle herded onto a plane. Staff are most courteous and booking online is quick and simple with no hidden charges. Give me Blue Islands airways any day of the week. Just a pity Blue Islands don't fly to Bournemouth from Jersey anymore - but you can't have everything.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  31 December 2009 by Kathleen Millington (France)

Customer Rating :  10/10

I have just completed a round trip from Jersey to Geneva, Christmas 2009. My journey both ways was very enjoyable. As someone who has no choice of airline to get out of France (Dinard) to the UK, I have to use Ryanair, the difference was startling ! Ryanair is not cheap if one has luggage, so it's not the price I'm comparing, it's the service. To have all the extras in the ticket price makes for a very relaxed way to travel. I loved it and can't recommend highly enough.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  29 November 2009 by Debbie Boitoult (UK)

Customer Rating :  10/10

We used Blue Islands for the first time a few days ago and certainly will be using again. Not only were the fares considerably cheaper than other airlines, the complete package from booking online to arriving at Jersey and return to Southampton was so professional. The cabin crew on both flights were first class, nothing was too much trouble for them their attitude and appearence gave a confident and professional air.

BLUE ISLANDS customer review :  3 November 2009 by Clive Thomas (UK)

Customer Rating :  9/10

SOU/JER via GCI. Booked BI rather than FlyBe after reading good reviews. Outbound was professional and genuinely like flying used to be. Dornier comfortable and quiet - cold drink plus snacks SOU/GCI, cockpit visit on ground on GCI made our son's day, almost instant baggage retrieval at JER, and all at 150 less than FlyBe for the round trip. Return on a Sunday evening full JER/GCI - JER lounge cramped (2 flights to GCI) but free refreshments welcome nonetheless. Slight delay on incoming, and high load on GCI/JER return led to switch to ATR42 for GCI/SOU. All handled efficiently and with smiles all round. 5 minutes late into SOU on Sunday evening - baggage off in 5 minutes, so very pleased all round.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  26 September 2009 : by Liz Cwalina  (UK)

5 Star Rating

I have been impressed with the three Blue Islands flights I have been on in the last couple of years, from Guernsey to Alderney and twice to Jersey. The lounge service in Guernsey is excellent and all the staff very friendly and professional. My passport which I accidentally left on the plane this week following a flight to Jersey this week was retrieved quickly and given back to me in the arrivals hall, which I was very pleased about!

BLUE ISLANDS review :  28 July 2009 : by Alison Williams  (UK)

5 Star Rating

SOU-GCI-SOU. Flybe appeared a better deal at first glance but once I had a proper look and added up the extras (since when was baggage considered an 'extra'?) it didn't look so good. I was also irritated that they were trying to mislead me about the total cost of their flights. So I booked Blue Islands and very glad I did. They're using the Dornier 328 on this route now and it's more comfortable than I'd expected for this size of plane (a 31 seater). They managed a cold drinks service in the just over 30 minute flight (and we arrived early both ways.) The lounge at GCI is excellent - lots of choice of hot and cold drinks and biscuits. All in all it was a more personal, better quality of service than I'm used to for a very reasonable, and very clear price. I'd certainly recommend them.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  21 July 2009 : by Colin Pay  (UK)

5 Star Rating

GCI-SOU. Very good value. Everything included in the headline price no "extras". Nice little lounge at Guernsey for free drinks and biscuits. Dornier 328 very comfortable aircraft.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  6 May 2009 : by M West  (Jersey)

5 Star Rating

JER-GVA-JER. Booked online - easy and reassuring. Slight problem in that unable to check in online due to technical issues. Lounge, flight, service all fine - long way home due to (scheduled) stop over in Zurich. Complimentary drinks and snacks, and boiled sweets a nice touch. Living on Jersey our choice of airlines and routes is limited. We are all fed up with Flybe and so it is great to have another professional airline to choose from.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  6 April 2009 : by Alan Hunt  (UK)

5 Star Rating

Southampton to Guernsey return - usually made on FlyBe but we wanted to change having been increasingly unimpressed by FlyBe's use of additional charges which make their "bargain" fares poorer value. Blue Islands' price was all inclusive, comparable in total costs and offered a really impressive service in the face of adverse weather conditions. We were due to depart early on a fog-bound April Friday morning with a ferry connection we had to meet by 4.15pm at the latest. First flight was cancelled due to fog but second noon flight was swiftly re- arranged, luggage transferred all with minimal fuss and still within the desired time window. We arrived in time to lunch on Guernsey and made our connection - wonderful service unlike that of their larger competitor which cancelled a similarly timed early morning flight and were unable/unwilling to "rescue" friends in time to make the same ferry. We had a fabulous weekend on Herm - they eventually arrived on Saturday missing half their break. Our return flight left early and arrived early with equally impressive service including the excellent Blue Island lounge at Guernsey. We have already booked our next flight with them and will seek to use Blue Islands whenever possible in future.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  3 September 2008 : by Jane Capon  (UK)

5 Star Rating

Bournemouth to Alderney and back. I cannot praise them highly enough. Obviously customer care is easier when you only have seven people on a plane, but it was the little touches like giving us earplugs because of the propeller noise that are nice. All staff on the ground and in the air were friendly and helpful and courteous. Blue Islands will also allow you to change your booking at no extra cost, should you need to. Also, I had originally booked to fly from Southampton, but they stopped flying that route. So they refunded me in full and gave me free flights on an alternative route. Other airlines, please take note.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  7 August 2008 : by Martin Halstead  (UK)

5 Star Rating

JER to GCI and GCI to SOU on Jetstream 31. A terrific experience! This is how airlines should be. Having flown earlier in the day with Flybe, Blue Islands was a breath of fresh air! The complimentary lounges at both Jersey and Guernsey were fantastic and the onboard crew were a top draw. A service with a real personal touch, in future I will always be using Blue Islands where possible.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  26 May 2008 : by M Groves  (UK)

5 Star Rating

GCI TO SOU. It became evident job would not be finished until later that evening. Phoned Blue Islands mid afternoon and changed flight to Sat am. No problem, no charge and cheaper than the competition (Flybe). Straight orward fares, no extra for bags, no paying to check in. Fully flexible up to 1 hour before.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  23 April 2008 : by M Preston  (UK)

5 Star Rating

JER-GCI-JER. What a great service! A user friendly website which is not full of tricks and gimmicks to cost you money, and all fares fully flexible, change as often as you like without any fee. Online check in up to 48 hours in advance, a little cumbersome but it works, and a small lounge at the airport for all passengers, with drinks and biscuits. I don't really think one can expect more on a 10 minute flight. Friendly and relaxed staff but obviously professional, and rather like flying in the old days in light aircraft. A lot of fun.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  8 January 2008 : by Peter Cullen  (UK)

5 Star Rating

I like small aeroplanes, therefore the Blue Islands' Jetstream 32 Southampton-Guernsey (return) was terrific. From a customer's point of view it was excellent: on time both ways, use of lounges, flexible tickets as standard, nothing to complain about really. The real experience is going an aircraft where the first officer is the cabin crew, the cockpit door is open and everyone gets a big window to look out of; it is all very informal and good fun - just like flying used to be. I admit I would not want to take a very long flight in a Jetstream, they are quite noisy, but for this sort of journey it was perfect. Blue Islands treat you as a person, not a piece of self-loading freight.

BLUE ISLANDS review :  22 August 2007 : by Jonathan Watkiss  (UK)

Customer Rating :

n/a

IOM to GCI. Guernsey now lacks a true business service since the disappearance of BA. Flybe economy plus product is expensive and offers little and Aurigny have no business product. I liked very much Blue islands the time keeping and friendly approach of the pilot’s and lounge staff at Jersey. The service certainly has a unique brand feel and a unique business model flying small planes with no hostess at flexible business type fares, offering complimentary lounges in the channes islands However the shortcomings are that the J31 is not a particularly comfortable for Journeys of over an hour and while I welcome the lounges at JER and GCI there is no lounge access anywhere else. (Incidentally JEA used to have a hostess on their twin otters whan flying STN- GCI)). Suggested improvements would be offering a carry on refreshment bag or even the co pilot organising drinks from a thermos! The lounges could provide light snacks and alcohol at the times of evening flights and this could really compete in this world where the competion is all in the budget category.