PAGE loading ... please wait!

Blue Air Passenger Reviews and Blue Air Customer Trip Reports

No Star Ranking Awarded

Add your Blue Air Review

No Blue Air Star Ranking

Blue Air
3.4 out of 10  3.4 out of 10

YOU CAN VOTE   HERE  FOR THE AIRLINE OF THE YEAR

Blue Air Customer review :  30 July 2014 by M Cristea    (Romania)

Bucharest to Brussels (22/06/2014) and Rome to Bucharest (03/07/2014). Good prices. On-time boarding, late departure, not Blue Air's fault. Smooth flights, old B-737 planes, clean and seemed to be in good technical condition, nice inflight magazine, snacks/drinks for charge, not overpriced. Professional and attentive cabin crew, excellent pilots.

Blue Air Customer review :  20 July 2013 by Iurie Tirdea    (Moldova)

We flew Bucharest - Rome - Bucharest. Flight to Rome postponed for half of the day at the last minute. We received confirmation only 3 days before the flight. Return flight also postponed several hours a few days before the flight. In Rome we had to pay 8 Euro person for some security fee. We were not informed in advance of this additional payment. Staff not friendly at all. Do not recommend.

Blue Air Customer review :  10 July 2013 by M Milescu    (USA)

Bucharest to Larnaca, Cyprus (return flight) in June 2013. This was only one part of a multi-city trip. In order to avoid any problems with luggage we paid on line to Blue-Air for one extra piece of luggage. Upon departure from Bucharest we were charged 15 Euros per person for check-in at the airport. When embarking the airplane the carry- on luggage was found not fit to Blue-Air carry-on box/cage and we were charged an extra 55 Euros. We had traveled with this same carry-on luggage from Chicago, New York, Amsterdam and Bucharest without any problem. The same luggage seemed to fit in the carry-on fitting cage in Larnaca for the flight back. The experience with the Blue Air check-in team in Bucharest was extremely disappointing, not only to us but to many of the passengers and in fact with all these extra additions to the cost we would have been better of with Tarom or another proper airline - which we are sure we will on the next occasion. Your service in Bucharest was sub-par and will not be recommended.

Blue Air Customer review :  24 June 2013 by E Aulisa    (USA)

We have recently flown from Bucharest Romania to Venice Italy on a flight that was originally scheduled to leave at 17.45 pm. Two days before departure, they rescheduled it to leave at 0.40 the next day, and they let us know by email. One day later, the day before departure they rescheduled it for 22.40 but they forgot to change the date back - so a mess resulted, with several passengers not showing up for the flight. We were lucky to go to the airport as they do not reply to phone calls, and ask them if the flight was still scheduled for the original day, and they confirmed it with only 5 hours delay. The rep apologized in person, but we could have missed the flight if we believed the email, which showed the next date! Completely unprofessional.

Blue Air Customer review :  24 June 2013 by C Otelea    (Romania)

Sibiu - Stuttgart. Worst flight experience. Rude and aggressive personnel, including the gentleman from boarding who targeted passengers like the police ("I want her checked" - referring to me and my carry on). I had to pay an additional 55e for my hand luggage because they didn't deem it fit (even though I always fly with the same bag!) as cabin luggage. Dismissive and denigrating attitude towards all passengers.

Blue Air Customer review :  2 April 2013 by A Dron    (UK)

London Luton - Bacau return. Long queues at Luton check-in, which barely moved for 15 minutes until further desks were opened. Thereafter, smooth. Boeing 737-400 virtually full in both directions. Dark blue leather seats slightly showing their age but interior otherwise fine, including toilets. Drinks (including decent Romanian wine) available to purchase and staff seemed friendly. On return route, there seemed to be wider selection of sandwiches and snacks on offer. Return flight delayed by 30 minutes with no explanation given (at least, not in English). In general, seemed perfectly adequate low-cost carrier (although my travelling companion, who had bought the tickets at relatively short notice, told me that they were not cheap).

Blue Air customer review :  2 April 2013 by M Duffy   (Ireland)

Dublin to Bucharest return with Blue Air in March 2013. Have to say, no problems at all with the flights. Quick check-in in both Dublin and Bucharest. No issues with baggage (I had made sure that we complied with their specifications). They didn't seem too fussy about bag sizes going from Dublin - Bucharest but, on return journey, each carry-on bag was checked. Flights themselves were fine. Both departed and arrived more-or- less on time (despite snow in Bucharest). Booked seats at the front of the plane - no issues. The planes were quite warm both ways and the toilets could definitely do with modernising/replacement, but that's a minor quibble. For Eur80 return, I don't think you could beat them. Would definitely recommend. Website is not the best (as mentioned by earlier posters). Difficult to find e.g. how to add a bag after flight is booked. However, their help desk replied to my email queries very quickly with clear concise instructions on how to add a bag.

Blue Air customer review :  2 February 2013 by E Johnson   (UK)

Luton - Bucharest. Interesting to say the least. Plane is old and as such the seats are awful! My friend didn't even have to press to recline as it did it by itself during the whole journey!! Plus the plane was boiling hot. I can't wait for the return flight.

Blue Air customer review :  18 January 2013 by Emiliano Morchi   (Italy)

BGY-OTP and back. The first bad remark is about the website: slow, complicated and inefficient. In Milan Bergamo the boarding was fair and those who booked and paid for their seat, like me, were allowed to board first. B737 is very old, but the legroom better than Ryanair and the seat relatively comfortable. The crew were quite young but not very friendly. On the way back, the boarding in Bucharest was chaotic and many people were trapped by an employee who checked the dimension of all baggage. Many were forced to pay 55 euros to load the luggage and very intense discussions took place between some passengers and the employees. In short, flights were ok and we arrived on time on both legs. However, they have to improve their ground services, improve the website and make in sort to have a more friendly staff.

Blue Air customer review :  5 October 2012 by Nigel Champken-Woods   (UK)

Luton to Bucharest Awful. Old 737-400, very tired and dirty, booking was a nightmare everything was an extra including booking a seat so we didn't bother. On the way back and my wife and I were split up and no one was interested. Will fly Wizz or BA next time.

Blue Air customer review :  12 September 2012 by Radu Pitish   (UK)

I flew from London Luton to Bucharest and back, and I had one of the most awful experiences. It was impossible to receive an itinerary per email. Secondly, the cabin was extremely hot until the plane was in the air. Even the stewards were using the magazines as a fan. Most important, on the flight back, we were allowed at check in to take our hand luggage onboard, but at the gate, they weighed it and didn't allow us to get on the flight until paying 50 euros for 3 kg overweight on one of the bags. We reduced it to 1.5kg, and still didn't allow us. Instead of weighing it at check in before security, they left it on purpose to do it at the gate. Moreover they said it's 50 euros but took 250 RON Selected seats that we paid for, were already given to someone else as well, and we had to get others. Luckily were quite early at the check in so we got only one row further, but if we were late, we would have received even worse seats. The crew had no clue where we will get our bags, whether at the airplane steps or with the rest of the luggage. Hugely disappointing experience and I would never recommend them.

Blue Air customer review :  18 June 2012 by B Seadhach   (Ireland)

DUB-BCM return in June 2012. Flying with Blue Air produced very different experiences going out and coming back. At Dublin, they were very inefficient. They had one staff member on check-in, for a full 737, so it took ages. When I eventually reached the check-in desk, the staff member told me the flight was delayed by half an hour. Fair enough, I said, and I texted my girlfriend in Romania who was to pick me up from the airport in Bacau. It didn't stop there, however. When the staff eventually arrived at the boarding gate, half an hour late, they informed us that the gate had changed, causing yet another delay. When we finally got on the plane, it literally sat there for another half an hour, and we left Dublin a total of one hour and forty minutes late. Now, this would be slightly understandable at a peak time like three in the afternoon. However, this was at one in the morning. There were no other flights to cause congestion! The flight itself was fine and smooth, but there were so many screaming children that getting any sleep was impossible. Legroom was better than Ryanair but that isn't saying much. Coming back was much better in relation to time. We left Bacau on time and even arrived in Dublin ten minutes early so I was happy about that. Screaming children was a problem again (another night flight) but it was cheap so I guess I can't be too upset. As for food and beverages, there were none for free, just a ridiculously overpriced menu. Unless it proves unavoidable, I probably won't fly Blue Air in the future.

Blue Air customer review :  17 February 2012 by J Warren   (UK)

LTN-BBU-LTN. Both flights on old Boeing 737-400. Dirty cabin, old, tired and dirty blue leather seats, air conditioning system did not work and some tray tables were broken. Good seating assignment system that works well and cabin crew on both flights friendly and attentive. We will definitely be flying Wizz Air until Blue Air has replaced their fleet of ageing aircraft.

Blue Air customer review :  24 August 2011 by A Popescu   (Romania)

Bacau-Brussels return. Pleasant flight although shortly delayed, apologies given by Cabin crew after boarding. Cabin crew were nice and helpful, and seemed interested in our comfort. Plane was rather old but ok. Bacau Airport is very small, with only 2 check-in desks. Ticket price was more than fair.

Blue Air customer review :  17 August 2011 by T Somerset   (UK)

Luton to Bucharest return. On the outbound flight we had a very cramped seat and one of the air stewardesses was quite rude. On the return flight, the check-in attendant at Baneasa airport was again very unfriendly. Leg room on the return was much more spacious at the front of the plane. Both flights were on time so no problems there.

Blue Air customer review :  11 June 2011 by I Farrell   (Ireland)

Dublin to Bacau return. I had a bit of trouble trying to book tickets using their web-site but the representatives in Dublin office sorted it for me over the phone. The flight attendants were extremely pleasant on both flights, toilets clean and stocked. Seats spacious for a budget airline, but ask for window or aisle, not the middle seat. I would choose Blue Air rather than Ryanair.

Blue Air customer review :  7 January 2011 by T Menges   (Germany)

My first experience of Blue Air was positive: cheap ticket and reliable service, nothing fancy, absolutely low cost. The second time I booked Stuttgart–Sibiu, the flight was cancelled. I was ensured on the phone I could get a refund. However, in spite of numerous phone calls and emails and promises made by customer service in Germany and in Romania, the fare was never refunded. I will not fly Blue Air again.

Blue Air customer review :  7 January 2011 by R Davis   (UK)

An interesting experience. The website booking was fine, though it changed suddenly into Romanian halfway through the booking process with no ability to change back to English. The aircraft on Luton to Baneasa routes are not always Blue Air aircraft, and planes themselves are ancient. Flights were on time, Baneasa airport is a wonderful relic. It works, but only just. Any more flights per day and it would be overloaded. While we were away the airline seemed to get sued by someone, and local TV suggested that flights might stop. We were pleased to get to the airport to find this was not the case. Planes were comfortable, although I'm sure the cabin crew were smoking behind the curtain at the back on one flight.

Blue Air customer review :  25 July 2010 by Paul Desmond   (UK)

Bucharest Baneasa - London Luton. Delays, delays and more delays with terrible customer service. Flight time changed the day before from 1545 to 1835. Half the people on the flight, including myself were unaware of the change, so were at the airport way too early. I asked at the Blue Air desk why the flight was delayed and I was told "Blue Air don't have enough planes". Baneasa airport is worse than a bus terminal, nowhere to sit, poor air conditioning (in 35C temperatures) and uninterested staff. 1835 came and went, but we did eventually board a plane at 1910. The excitement was short lived as we were asked to get off the plane and were bussed back to the cramped terminal. There was no information given out by the Blue Air staff and for long periods they disappeared to avoid angry passengers. People were having to phone the airline to get any information. After being strung along for a while with false promises, we were told we would be taking off at 2240. They initially did not want to give out refreshments, even when reminded of the EU regulations, but after much arguing eventually did. Never again!

Blue Air customer review :  5 July 2010 by P Metcalf   (Australia)

We were stranded in Bucharest after the Sky Europe Collapse so we had no choice but to fly with Blue Air to Brussels. Baneasa airport is terrible, has to be one of the worst in the world, badly organized, Staff unfriendly, rude and unhelpful throughout. Only 2 checkin counters for about 5 flights leaving around the same time, terminal is tiny and was fully packed. To make matters even worse they have a stupid policy where if you have baggage to checkin you need to pay a fee of I think 20 euro per piece but they cannot take the money at the checkin desk, you need to shuffle through the fully packed terminal and then go and line up at another desk with even more people and pay for it separately, then return to the checkin desk so they can check you have paid. The whole process took around 2 hours and we never moved more than a few metres the whole time. When we were finally bussed to the plane the staff were rude and someone I was travelling with has a fear of flying so they wanted us to be seated together but they would not allow it even though there was a spare seat at the back which I then moved to after the flight took off. One cabin crew member yelled very loudly at me because apparently my bag was too heavy, but no one mentioned it in the terminal. Staff at the airport spoke little English. The plane was old and we really questioned the safety of it. Complimentary water served but then cabin crew at the back of the plane for the rest of the flight, they even were not present to prepare the cabin for landing. On landing, there were many people (Romanians) on mobile phones making phone calls etc, none of the staff said anything. Mentioned it to staff after landing and they said they did not see it happen. I hope never to fly with them again and I urge anyone to have a think before choosing blue air or a flight that leaves from Baneasa but the whole thing is an experience in itself.

Blue Air customer review :  23 June 2010 by G Chew   (UK)

Luton to Sibiu. The flights were early, staff friendly, and spoke ok English. The aircraft on this route is an old B737-300, with rather uncomfortable seats. Excellent fares when booked in advance.