PAGE loading ... please wait!

Blu-Express Passenger Reviews and Blu-Express Customer Trip Reports

No Star Ranking Awarded

Add your Blu-Express Review

No Blu-Express Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Blu-Express
7.5 out of 10  7.5 out of 10

Blu-express customer review :  14 September 2012 by M Honorati   (Italy)

Flight from Rome to Turin, the plane was old but very clean, the hostesses were all very friendly. It's better than other low cost airlines because they let you bring both a trolley and a small handbag in the cabin, while on other low cost such as Ryanair that isn't allowed.

Blu-express customer review :  31 August 2012 by Ben McDonald   (Australia)

On 30 August 2012 my flight from Catania to Rome was scheduled for 9 am but delayed initially till 10.00am, then two more times until 10.30 and again until 11am. Ground Staff provided no explanation and were totally unhelpful. Boarding the plane was a frustrating experience, with only two buses provided to take the passengers out to the plane, requiring four trips to move the passengers to the tarmac, causing further delay when the flight finally opened. Once on board, it took an inordinate amount of time to seat passengers due to the airline's unallocated seating policy, as passengers were moved, removed and moved again for o apparent reason. We eventually took off at 11.25, arriving in Rome too late to catch connecting flights to England. All in all, a very negative, frustrating and unsatisfactory experience and one which will ensure I never fly Blu express ever again. Whatever value for money offered by low cost fares is more than offset in inconvenience and not getting to your destination on time.

Blu-express customer review :  13 June 2012 by P Grantham   (USA)

I flew them twice in May between Rome and Catania, Sicily. Flights were "nearly" on time and the cost was reasonable. Seats are standard for this class of aircraft (737) and acceptable for these short flights. I don't appreciate the "cattle car" boarding with no seats assigned. It makes for a longer and more difficult boarding than usual. I had a big problem on my last return flight, CAT to ROM. This flight was the first of the 3 that would take me to SFO. The Blu-Express agent refused to check my bags through to my other flights. I had to claim bags in ROM and recheck them. Because Blu-Express was late arriving ROM, I missed my flights to SFO.

Blu-express customer review :  28 August 2011 by M Edwards   (Australia)

My Dad and I had a flight booked from Rome to Istanbul. It was supposed to be a 10.30am flight however at check-in, the girl said there was a schedule change and was now a 3.30pm flight. This made our connection tight but still ok. In the afternoon at check-in, we were told the flight was delayed a further 1.5 hrs. We had a 7.5 hr delay with no apologies. This also guaranteed we would miss our flights back to Australia. We booked another flight at our own expense to get us to Istanbul on time and Blu Air couldn't get our baggage off their flight in time. 2 hrs and no sign of the luggage, so in the end we checked in to our other flight and fly home without our bags. Blu Air Express offered no help, it was Turkish Airlines who explained we could claim the luggage back in Sydney.

Blu-express customer review :  18 August 2011 by Bruno Fischel   (France)

Last minute round from Nice to Rome. My departure flight was delayed 2.5 hrs with no information or an estimated departure time. On my return from Rome, again we were over 2 hrs delayed with no information whatsoever standing in line at the empty boarding gate. Since the airline never updated we had no idea whether we could leave the gate to get refreshments. To add insult to injury the only company representative kept telling lies, we were told several times that the plane was on the ground but since as the airport was busy there was no bus to pick us up. The price was only marginally lower than easyjet. I only took that flight because I could get to Rome earlier (supposedly).

Blu-express customer review :  27 December 2010 by Kathy Redlich   (Canada)

Nice to Rome was only $89 CAD total, compared to other airlines charging close to $400 per person for the same route. We did expect to be a baggage fee as they charge you $7 Euros per kg over 15kg but pleasantly surprised to only be charged an additional $49 Euros total. Plane clean, staff were very nice. The reason everyone lines up 1 hour before the flight (we didn't figure this out until too late) is because seating is not assigned. That being said, our seats were fine and flight was great. Only complaint was that the flight was 3 hours late in arriving. In their defence, they had emailed our home email address a day or so before to notify us but we didn't have access to our home email so didn't find out until we arrived at the airport.

Blu-express customer review : 12 August 2010 : by O Vuigner

Customer Rating : 3/5

No Star Rating

MXP-SAW on an extremely old and very badly kept 737-400. Seats in terrible condition. Toilet too. Cabin crew were very friendly and accommodating.

Blu-express customer review : 9 June 2010 : by P Lanza

Customer Rating : 4/5

No Star Rating

Rome to Lamezia return. Web check in very easy, flight operated with B737-400, on time. The aircraft was clean and crew were friendly . The price is very good only 15,00€ one way with one baggage included.

BLU-EXPRESS review : 4 May 2010 : by G Iacono

Customer Rating : 4/5

No Star Rating

FCO-GOA-FCO B737-300 and B737-400 - old aircraft but refurbished. Web check-in very useful. Flights on-time, kind crew, especially outbound, and pilots allowed us in the cockpit. Price very competitive.

BLU-EXPRESS review : 9 September 2008 : by Stuart Walker

Customer Rating : 0/5

No Star Rating

Rome to Nice return. Check in very quick. Odd that despite the same checked baggage weight there and back was charged for the excess 2kg on the outbound flight. Be aware that you are only allowed 15Kg. Flights departed and arrived on time. Seats are not allocated but as both flights were less than half full not a problem. Overall - for such a short flight rated very well.

Blu-express- by Steve Fenton

16 February 2006

Rome to Vienna. Only found them by chance. Went to PIsa airport to try and ge ta flight to Vienna and they could only offer flights around 600 euro and knew nothing of any cheap airlines flying from that part of the world. Got back to our hotel and one of the teams riders had found Blu Express for 44 euro to fly the next day. This was from Rome which was only 90 minutes drive from where we were staying. Super fast check in and friendly staff. Very clean planes but noticed the seats forward of the emergency exit are different from the rear section. What I did like in the rear section was the armrest will push outwards to make your seat wider. The crew told me this was an ex USA 737 and this is for fat passengers. Really nice crew and very professional. You pay on board for what you want and they are cheaper than most LCC airlines. Overall reall good airline and a god send to the monopoly that exists in Italy.